Post Reply 400 posts
What bands can be ruled out for 2016?
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

Re: What bands can be ruled out for 2016?

by Razor Ramon » Sun May 10, 2015 6:09 pm

I was with Nightwish all weekend, I seen the full tour details. Sonata Arctica and Delain could still be in play because Nightwish is only out because of the Australian conflict, which doesn't look like much of a conflict at all..
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun May 10, 2015 6:52 pm

Razor Ramon wrote:I was with Nightwish all weekend, I seen the full tour details. Sonata Arctica and Delain could still be in play because Nightwish is only out because of the Australian conflict, which doesn't look like much of a conflict at all..

GOOD NEWS INDEED!!!! :D :D :D
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sun May 10, 2015 9:49 pm

I would, at this point, all most consider them as our first confirmed band(Nightwish) ;) but just might be our last announcement :smash:
    All 3 would be repeats and heavily requested.
    Delain is the only one I have any interest in but I would welcome all 3
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun May 10, 2015 10:38 pm

Monsters of Rock 2016 cruise is only a couple of weeks after 70k. So I would imagine that would rule out any of these artists:

http://www.songkick.com/festivals/12639 ... coast-2016
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun May 10, 2015 10:42 pm

METAL CHURCH have been added to that cruise too.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Sun May 10, 2015 10:46 pm

looks like Metal Church jumped ship for shiprocked east 2016 ........ they are building a stellar line-up for what it is Doro - Steve Via - Uli Jon Roth - Vixen - Y&T ... blah blah blah :cry: :cry: :cry: several 70K acts :bitch: :givebeer:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon May 11, 2015 2:33 am

DragonLordJones wrote:looks like Metal Church jumped ship for shiprocked east 2016 ........ they are building a stellar line-up for what it is Doro - Steve Via - Uli Jon Roth - Vixen - Y&T ... blah blah blah :cry: :cry: :cry: several 70K acts :bitch: :givebeer:

Do you think that is kind of a, deliberate 70k-isation of Monsters of Rock? Deliberate ploy to get people to jump ship?

Because, I kinda do.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Mon May 11, 2015 8:10 am

Since MORC is having a west coast edition this year it looks like the east coast will be the heavier of the two.It makes sense that the west coast will get the more glam/pop metal bands especially since this will be the first year.Most of the west coast bands will be the usual MORC line up while the east coast will get the 70k bands.It does look like they are doing this on purpose and UMC might abandon the overlap acts and go with smaller and more extreme Metal bands only without the bands like Doro ,Metal Church ,Lizzy Borden etc..,Problably any band that had a video on Headbanger's Ball in the eighties/early ninties can play MORC now.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
    alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Mon May 11, 2015 8:55 am

Unless Nightwish has concerts during 70k, they aren't ruled out. And that isn't me being fanboy (there are several other "big" bands I'd like), it's the fact that so many bands change their minds, delay decisions, or deliberately confuse people. No band can reasonably be "deconfirmed" until they listed conflicting dates on their site...
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon May 11, 2015 8:59 am

alex_canada wrote:Unless Nightwish has concerts during 70k, they aren't ruled out. And that isn't me being fanboy (there are several other "big" bands I'd like), it's the fact that so many bands change their minds, delay decisions, or deliberately confuse people. No band can reasonably be "deconfirmed" until they listed conflicting dates on their site...

Exactly my thoughts.
    Wishlist:
    AETERNAM--Alestorm--Allegaeon--
    Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Dark.Tranquillity--Devin.Townsend--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--DREAM.THEATER--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Freedom.call--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Helloween--IN.MOURNING--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--Kreator--Masterplan--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--Moonsorrow--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SABATON--Seven.Spires--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--SOEN--Soilwork--Stratovarius--SYMPHONY.X--TERAMAZE--_Tomorrows.Eve--Triosphere--Therion--THRESHOLD--Unisonic--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Wolfheart

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor | 2020: BOOKED
    Shelton
    Crewman

by Shelton » Mon May 11, 2015 1:39 pm

alex_canada wrote:Unless Nightwish has concerts during 70k, they aren't ruled out. And that isn't me being fanboy (there are several other "big" bands I'd like), it's the fact that so many bands change their minds, delay decisions, or deliberately confuse people. No band can reasonably be "deconfirmed" until they listed conflicting dates on their site...

I remember back to this year's cruise where someone said they spoke to Lips from Anvil and he said they were definitely not interested in playing...
    Wishlist - Sabaton, Turisas, Tyr, Within Temptation
    2015 - Cabin #7234
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Mon May 11, 2015 1:50 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    DragonLordJones wrote:looks like Metal Church jumped ship for shiprocked east 2016 ........ they are building a stellar line-up for what it is Doro - Steve Via - Uli Jon Roth - Vixen - Y&T ... blah blah blah :cry: :cry: :cry: several 70K acts :bitch: :givebeer:

Do you think that is kind of a, deliberate 70k-isation of Monsters of Rock? Deliberate ploy to get people to jump ship?

Because, I kinda do.
    Latest Facebook post from MORC ,"Monster's of Rock ,just got several tons bigger ",in reference to two cruises but a poke a 70k I am sure.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon May 11, 2015 2:36 pm

Yep, sure looks like it.

Let's face it, the field has gotten a bit more crowded since the first 70K. While there have been some failures (PNAS, the first BTH), there are now several successful (i.e., sold out) and continuing rock- or metal-oriented cruises. UMC will need to step up the game...and long delays aren't helping.
    2021 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Bloodbath--Blood.Red.Throne--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce
    --Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--
    Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2021: SoooOOOooooooon
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Mon May 11, 2015 2:42 pm

Nightwish was telling me no because of Australia but those dates fall short of the cruise dates. The North American tour starts February 18th.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Mon May 11, 2015 2:43 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Monsters of Rock 2016 cruise is only a couple of weeks after 70k. So I would imagine that would rule out any of these artists:

http://www.songkick.com/festivals/12639 ... coast-2016

Awesome, glad to see all those bands ruled out.
    70000 Tons 2019
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue May 12, 2015 12:28 am

Pellaz wrote:Yep, sure looks like it.

Let's face it, the field has gotten a bit more crowded since the first 70K. While there have been some failures (PNAS, the first BTH), there are now several successful (i.e., sold out) and continuing rock- or metal-oriented cruises. UMC will need to step up the game...and long delays aren't helping.

That's yet another reason to feel confused about UMC's strategy to attract new customers or even keep the existing ones. Instead of paying more attention to the detail, announcing bands with more time in advance, having a proper website, etc, they do exactly the opposite. They are making things too easy for the new competitors and I have the feeling that at some point they will end up paying for their mistakes.
    Wishlist:
    Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Dark.Tranquillity--Devin.Townsend--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--DREAM.THEATER--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Freedom.call--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Helloween--IN.MOURNING--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--Kreator--Masterplan--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--Moonsorrow--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SABATON--Seven.Spires--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--SOEN--Soilwork--Stratovarius--SYMPHONY.X--TERAMAZE--_Tomorrows.Eve--Triosphere--Therion--THRESHOLD--Unisonic--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Wolfheart

Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue May 12, 2015 12:53 am

I hope the reason for UMC to delay the announcements and the bookings is that they are trying to book a good chunk of the lineup first and announce like half of the bands before bookings start.
    Or they just don't care anymore. Why do anything any reasonably company would do when they've trained their customers so well? Has anyone noticed how there's been no posts (here or on facebook) where people are freaking out that the cruise might be cancelled? Everyone's surprisingly calm about the lack of information. And that's the worst part of it all; we've learned never to expect anything to get better when it comes to Andymate Music Cruises Inc.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue May 12, 2015 3:10 am

Yep - I think for the most part it is a case of "no fucks given" by us veterans.

And that is pretty much the target audience for 70k now - veterans. After 5 cruises there would be maybe 6,000+ (complete guess on my behalf, no statistical evidence backing up that figure) unique individuals that have attended at least one 70k. With the huge number of veterans, most willing to put up with everything Andy for the sake of cruise, there is no (perceived, by Andy) need to market, jazz up the website, etc.

For me at least, that holds true. I'm sick of his methods, but its all about the lineup. As my signature says, give me 10 wishlist bands and I'll book.

Whenever I think about the methods employed by UMC, I'm reminded of that funny performance review line often quoted on the internet:

"sets low standards, and then consistently fails to achieve them."

:P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Tue May 12, 2015 4:17 am

so far, the only thing that would prevent me from booking another 70K cruise is another BTH cruise.
    not sure if I can afford both again but I would do my best to make it happen.
    The rest have nothing on this!
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue May 12, 2015 7:03 am

Ville and Dallas have kind of hit it on the head... I have been a little worried that the cruise just isn't happening this year, but last year was my first and immediately after I booked, Amorphis was announced, and then nothing for three months. I just thought this was how it worked.

Sabaton or five wish list bands will make me book. Otherwise I'll find another way to spend all my vacation time. Maybe one involving an oversea trip - I miss Munich. I want to hit Sweden/Finland at some point.

If I don't hear anything soon it might just come to that.
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Tue May 12, 2015 12:39 pm

Helloween on MORC! Just as was suspected here ,direct hit to the bow of 70k ,so if Overkill ,Testament or Exodus are MORC bound ,that means a serious chance many veterans will abandon ship.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue May 12, 2015 1:37 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:Helloween on MORC! Just as was suspected here ,direct hit to the bow of 70k ,so if Overkill ,Testament or Exodus are MORC bound ,that means a serious chance many veterans will abandon ship.

Gotthard added as well :(
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue May 12, 2015 1:40 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    deathmetalpat wrote:Helloween on MORC! Just as was suspected here ,direct hit to the bow of 70k ,so if Overkill ,Testament or Exodus are MORC bound ,that means a serious chance many veterans will abandon ship.

Gotthard added as well :(

SKIPPER, WAKE THE FUCK UP.
    Wishlist:

Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue May 12, 2015 1:41 pm

At least MORC isn't stealing any good bands. :P
    Wishlist:
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Tue May 12, 2015 1:43 pm

Memnoch wrote:At least MORC isn't stealing any good bands. :P

This, exactly.
    Skoden. Stoodis.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue May 12, 2015 1:56 pm

True - Gotthard and Helloween WOULD be two setters for me, but having seen Gotthard 3 times and Helloween 4 times previously I can do without.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Tue May 12, 2015 2:52 pm

It isn't really the point that MORC is stealing good or bad bands ,it is a point that they are no longer a GLAM Metal cruise.You need 3,000 people to fill the 70k boat and people make choices.I can see 1,000-1,500 people from 70k doing or considering MORC now.The BTH AND BTH 2(last year's 70k) will have a hard time filling up the boat ,if that is going to be the mass of the line up.What if UMC is going strictly by "we have our people hooked now" and it is a yearly reunion of people idea.Also surprised that we have zero real info except dates now,Doro,Helloween and Metal Church are great festival adds ,even if you are not the biggest fans.The whole point of this for Americans is we have no real European type festivals ,a nice mix of genres and bands of different time periods.I have wide tastes in music and having a diverse line up also brings together all types of people.I enjoyed very much in 2012 and declined a bit each year though 2014.So many veterans are now displeased so it could get worse.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue May 12, 2015 2:53 pm

Overkill has been on every other year, just like Ensiferum - if MORC steals them then 70k is gonna start spiralling down the tubes.

Though yeah, don't care about the bands stolen much so far.
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue May 12, 2015 3:54 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:It isn't really the point that MORC is stealing good or bad bands ,it is a point that they are no longer a GLAM Metal cruise.You need 3,000 people to fill the 70k boat and people make choices.I can see 1,000-1,500 people from 70k doing or considering MORC now.The BTH AND BTH 2(last year's 70k) will have a hard time filling up the boat ,if that is going to be the mass of the line up.What if UMC is going strictly by "we have our people hooked now" and it is a yearly reunion of people idea.Also surprised that we have zero real info except dates now,Doro,Helloween and Metal Church are great festival adds ,even if you are not the biggest fans.The whole point of this for Americans is we have no real European type festivals ,a nice mix of genres and bands of different time periods.I have wide tastes in music and having a diverse line up also brings together all types of people.I enjoyed very much in 2012 and declined a bit each year though 2014.So many veterans are now displeased so it could get worse.

Pretty much agree with all of this. Well said.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Tue May 12, 2015 4:03 pm

acidbasement wrote:

This, exactly.

Yup
    70000 Tons 2019
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Tue May 12, 2015 5:10 pm

Phoenix wrote:

Overkill has been on every other year, just like Ensiferum - if MORC steals them then 70k is gonna start spiralling down the tubes.

Though yeah, don't care about the bands stolen much so far.

Overkill would be the band that I suspect MORC will go after if they are trying to steal UMC business.Eddie Trunk and Bobby Blitz are friends from way back.On the final episode of "That Metal Show" this year, Bobby was a guest,I am not sure how much Eddie is involved in the cruise but he is on it every year.Overkill is a big East Coast band and would get a lot of fans by themselves. I imagine that MORC would also have a non compete term in their contract. Basically keeping all these bands from doing a cruise out of Florida for 30 days before or after.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed May 20, 2015 2:01 pm

I guess... Metal Church is now on this list? Announced on Facebook they're doing MORC.
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu May 21, 2015 12:50 am

Wishlist:
    feanorfelagund
    Crewman

by feanorfelagund » Thu May 21, 2015 6:17 am

I'm all for 70k having competition. Will stop them gaining a captive audience and then skimping on quality.
    "Mirror mirror on the wall
    True hope lies beyond the coast
    You're a damned kind, can't you see
    That tomorrow bears insanity?"
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu May 21, 2015 6:39 am

feanorfelagund wrote:I'm all for 70k having competition. Will stop them gaining a captive audience and then skimping on quality.

So far, UMC is not competing. Other festivals are moving fast and we're still here without any information. So I'm not sure whether they care about having competitors or not... we still have to see if this will have any influence on the sales once they're open. I think they will sell out again pretty easy.
    Wishlist:

• Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu May 21, 2015 6:50 am

No, I'm still with Memnoch and everyone else. These bands cater to a different crowd than me, and if MORC wants to snatch them up, it means the 70k could be grabbing more bands that I like, theoretically.

Assuming there is still someone behind the helm over at UMC.
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Thu May 21, 2015 8:26 am

I do like the variety that they bring but MORC can have them. They only offer me nap time and I will find that either way.
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:03 am

MORC has annouced Helloween now, so there they go.

Don't worry Ville I'll beat you to it.

Though this one would have been cool to see for me...
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:32 pm

3 Inches of Blood is breaking up so they can be ruled out.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:05 pm

Or will we see their Final Performance :stagger:
    much like as we will see Nuclear Assault's Final shows :dreams:
Post Reply 400 posts