Post Reply 12 posts Page 1 of 1
On board metal liaison people
  • kaoticsound
    Oiler

On board metal liaison people

by kaoticsound » Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:20 pm

Thinking over some of the key concerns I've got with my treatment on the last 70k cruise and some of the stories I've heard from other people while on board and since. What are peoples thoughts on people designated on the cruise as "liaison personnel" someone who's identified to the ships management in a pre meeting or something and to cruisers with an identifiable shirt, hat or something. The cruisers can have a peer they can go to with queries or minor issues to take to the cruise staff and the cruise staff can utilize the people to clarify and assist with any issues they see. With the increase of cruisers combined with the desire to have a peer to approach with issues and Andy's busy schedule on board I think its something that would be very useful moving forward.

Obviously there would be a lot of fine details that would have to be worked out with UMC but is this something people think would
    a: be a good idea
    b: would work
    c: would there be people other then myself that would volunteer for such a role considering it would mean fulfilling other tasks that at times might be at the expense of seeing bands etc
    Shelton
    Crewman

Re: On board metal liaison people

by Shelton » Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:14 pm

I don't think this would work. You'd have people all experiencing the same problem but in different contexts which would absolutely suck your time and enjoyment out of the cruise. That's what the customer service counter is for. If they can't solve it, why would someone who doesn't work for RC or UMC be able to help?

Also, why would you pay hundreds of dollars to listen to people whine and potentially miss bands?
    Wishlist - Sabaton, Turisas, Tyr, Within Temptation
    2015 - Cabin #7234
  • kaoticsound
    Oiler

by kaoticsound » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:32 am

Shelton wrote:That's what the customer service counter is for. If they can't solve it, why would someone who doesn't work for RC or UMC be able to help?

Also, why would you pay hundreds of dollars to listen to people whine and potentially miss bands?

Why was one of the most common things I heard last cruise "wheres Andy to fix this shit" people weren't asking where customer service was......because we respond better to our peers....we respond better to someone who understand what it means to us not just seeing $$.

Would you rather touch base with someone close to the situation or go wander all the way to the customer service counter to then get put through a run around that ends up with a sorry we can't do anything all the while missing whatever it was you were doing when the situation arose. Plus sometimes its the staff that's the issue or simply a miss perception of the situation that a simple explanation can resolve preventing it turning into an incident.

As for why pay to go on board and do something like this and potentially miss bands....because sometimes it's about more then what you personally get out of it and the bigger picture and the collective enjoyment. Plus this is something I would have found extremely beneficial last cruise with what I dealt with and instead of turning around and simply complaining about what I didn't like and expecting other people to come up with a solution or try and fix it why shouldn't I step up and possibly help prevent what very nearly happened to me. I've always been brought up to own the solution as much as identifying the problem.

Lets say you had 20 people volunteer 1 night to do this or one 24 block that still leaves 5 people to assist and you still have the remainder of the cruise to do as you want. There's always this 70k family term thrown around why not people chip in a little here and there to help improving it like a family would.

That's just how I look at it
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:08 am

How about we get one from each country!
    2013 Wishlist : Doro
    2014 Wishlist : Bands
    2015 Wishlist : Money
    2016 Wishlist : Majesty
  • kaoticsound
    Oiler

by kaoticsound » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:26 am

Dimma wrote:How about we get one from each country!

That would be a great idea if we could considering the language diversity as well
    D.T. Metal
    Crewman

by D.T. Metal » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:52 pm

kaoticsound wrote:Thinking over some of the key concerns I've got with my treatment on the last 70k cruise .....

What happened if I might ask? And we actually do have peers (sort of) already on the cruise. Anybody who walks around with the 70K name shirt on. Vince for instance.
  • kaoticsound
    Oiler

by kaoticsound » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:41 pm

D.T. Metal wrote:
    kaoticsound wrote:Thinking over some of the key concerns I've got with my treatment on the last 70k cruise .....

What happened if I might ask? And we actually do have peers (sort of) already on the cruise. Anybody who walks around with the 70K name shirt on. Vince for instance.

In it's simplest form pathetic communication from security and responses and then no transparency to their actions and treatment when asked. Really ruined the trip for myself and cabin mate that got caught up in it all too.

From Royal Caribbean when I asked for an explanation for my treatment

Dear Scott,

Thank you for your e-mail. We appreciate hearing from you and welcome the opportunity to further address any concerns.

After reviewing your case I would like to apologize for the inconvenience onboard we understand that you were not involved in the incident with your room partner.

The reason of why you were restricted to your room as explained by our security manager onboard was for your own security and to avoid any other inconvenience onboard.

Once again I apologize for you being penalized with your partner.

If you have any other question please don't hesitate and contact us.

Sincerely,

Julio Morales.
    Guest Relations.

And my response

I'm sorry but this isn't sufficient. At no stage was I told on board it was for my own security, I was in fact made out to be the instigator despite numerous witness statements to the contrary, I was essentially labled an alcoholic by security management for not knowing why the incident happened and then subsequently had my service of alcohol refused for the trip untill the cruise was nearly completed and the only reason it was re activated was due to me quering why the person who hit me was able to drink, I was informed I would be interviewed by Miami police (which never happened and wasn't informed till I waited fo several hours on the ship after returning as per securities initial request) I was stopped from dis embarking in Jamaica so I could be interviewed by police (I was never informed of this prior to my sea pass card being declined on exit) I was confined to my room for nearly 24 hours with no explination as to why or for how long (initially was told till 9am then when we weren't allowed out subsequent queries were met with continually vague later times)

This hardly seems like the adequate or respectable treatment of someone that your concerned for their security.
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:44 am

4000 people on a ship and they have to hide you!

Should have just shaved your beard off dude.
    2013 Wishlist : Doro
    2014 Wishlist : Bands
    2015 Wishlist : Money
    2016 Wishlist : Majesty
  • kaoticsound
    Oiler

by kaoticsound » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:33 pm

Dimma wrote:Should have just shaved your beard off dude.

Now that would have lead to a security issue hahaha
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:16 am

Maybe I'm missing something here, but I don't see any way where some sort of unofficial "metal liaison" person could have assisted with an issue involving the cruise line's security personnel.

A contract signatory, meaning someone from UMC with legal authority, might have some 'sway' with Royal Caribbean...but anyone else? Doubtful.
    2021 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Bloodbath--Blood.Red.Throne--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce
    --Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--
    Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2021: SoooOOOooooooon
  • kaoticsound
    Oiler

by kaoticsound » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:36 am

In my case it would have been someone to clarify the constant change of stories and for there to be a 3rd party. That's the thought behind the concept....not to hold sway or anything like that but to ease the communication between people......not to force change but to be able to explain why to whoever be it cruisers or staff.
    alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:56 am

Unwarranted, unrealistic
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
Post Reply 12 posts Page 1 of 1