Post Reply 147 posts
8 types of bands you want onbroad
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

8 types of bands you want onbroad

by bodomdragon » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:20 am

While we keep waiting I've thought of preparing a "different" wishlist. Eight categories, one band per category.

So if you could pick one band for each of the following categories, which one would it be?

1. The venue filler, but still more or less within the 70K budget/audience limits.
    Avantasia

2. A band probably no one else in this forum listens to.
    Voyager

3. A solid Cripper Award contender (if possible, less known than your previous answer).
    Distorted Harmony.

3. The band you still NEED to see live for the first time after so much time enjoying their music.
    Seventh Wonder

4. You've watched them like a zillion times live, but you just can't have enough.
    Sabaton

5. That guilty pleasure, which might or might not be considered metal.
    Gotthard (would have been Pretty Maids if they hadn't played this year).

6. The live band. You don't listen to them that much but their concerts are a freaking party.
    Gloryhammer (would've been Alestorm or even Therion otherwise)

7. One band from your country. If you're German, American, Finnish or Swedish, try to be a little bit original :)
    Dark Moor

8. THE band. The one that would make you book right away. You don't even need to think, it's in your mind right now.
    Insomnium
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    Speedy
    Ensign

Re: 8 types of bands you want onbroad

by Speedy » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:42 am

1. The venue filler, but still more or less within the 70K budget/audience limits.
    Dream Theater

Kivimetsän Druidi

3. A solid Cripper Award contender (if possible, less known than your previous answer).
    Ancient Bards

3. The band you still NEED to see live for the first time after so much time enjoying their music.
    Tengger Cavalry

4. You've watched them like a zillion times live, but you just can't have enough.
    Xandria

Kontrust

6. The live band. You don't listen to them that much but their concerts are a freaking party.
    Grailknights

7. One band from your country. If you're German, American, Finnish or Swedish, try to be a little bit original :)
    Pagan's Mind

8. THE band. The one that would make you book right away. You don't even need to think, it's in your mind right now.
    Battlelore
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:09 am

Nightwish

Antropomorphia

Somnia (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cl5v6aQxA-A)

Grand Supreme Blood Court

Delain

The Birthday Massacre

Vulture Industries

Purtenance

Hail of Bullets
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:15 am

Nightwish

Undertow

Kryn

Iced Earth

End of Green

Subway to Sally

In Extremo

Undertow

Undertow
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board.
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:02 am

Nightwish

Silent Civilian

I don't know how you can be less known than Silent Civilian, so I'll just say Metsatoll.

Children of Bodom

Sabaton

Soilwork

I can't say I have a good example of this for a band I don't listen to much - maybe Varg?

Scythia

Since I can't really re-use Sabaton - Scar Symmetry

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:00 am

Interesting, people really seem to have a thing for Nightwish :D
    Wishlist:
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

• Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:00 am

fun thread bodomdragon :cheers:

Dimmu Borgir (not sure about the budget part though)

hmmm...can't think of one since pretty much every (lesser known) metal band that I can think of that I listen to has been talked about here by at least one or more folks.

can't think of one at the moment

none - see #8

The most I've ever seen any band live is 7-8 times and there aren't many of those. Hmmm - hard to narrow to one - maybe a group like Kvelertak (seen 3X) or Behemoth (seen 4x) who are just so killer live.

Haha - I have a lot of those! How about something zany/campy like Semargl (satanic pop metal!), My Life With the Thrill Kill Kult, or Hanzel und Gretyl

Korpiklaani - don't listen to them much anymore but their gigs are a blast!

Agalloch - proud to say they are from the US!!

None...
    I honestly don't have one since I've seen every band on my "must see" list, plus my booking plans for any trip/cruise depend on multiple factors besides line-up (time, place, cost, other plans, people, etc). Having said that, there are some bands I'd like to see that I've not seen before such as Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats, TesseracT and Leprous - but I'm hoping to catch them if they swing through Chicago again someday (sadly missed each one on earlier tours). Australia's Portal, Germany's Dark Fortress, and any French black metal would be rad/cool. Another is Norway's WARDRUNA who I'd absolutely love to see but doubt they'd be booked on 70K (same with the others I mentioned for that matter).
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:28 am

King Diamond. I had trouble deciding between Amon Amarth and King Diamond. I went with King Diamond since I used Amon Amarth later on.

Dragged Into Sunlight

Vainaja - Finnish doom/death metal (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhTHaH3TgHQ)

This is tough. I have seen a lot of bands. Many of them that I NEED to see have broken up, don't perform live or have members that have passed away. Out of active bands that do perform, I will check a few more off my list this year at Maryland Deathfest. Since I did not do 70K2013 (too soon after BtH), I guess I would have to say:
    Tiamat

Opeth

Flogging Molly. Not metal, but their shows are a lot of fun. The singer also used to be in Fastway a long time ago.

Amon Amarth. Don't listen to them as often as I used to. Still try to never miss them live.

Testament - playing the setlist from the last North American tour

Bolt Thrower
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:49 am

bodomdragon wrote:Interesting, people really seem to have a thing for Nightwish :D

I like how we all seem to think that Nightwish would get people on the boat, but what we REALLY want are the other 7 bands XD

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:52 am

Sgt. B wrote:5. That guilty pleasure, which might or might not be considered metal.
    Flogging Molly. Not metal, but their shows are a lot of fun. The singer also used to be in Fastway a long time ago.

Spot on. Another guilty pleasure of mine is Fiddler's Green, which is somewhat similar to Flogging Molly but faster and with more energy. Give them a shot.
    Wishlist:

bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:54 am

Phoenix wrote:
    bodomdragon wrote:Interesting, people really seem to have a thing for Nightwish :D

I like how we all seem to think that Nightwish would get people on the boat, but what we REALLY want are the other 7 bands XD

I'd be more than happy to have all the venue fillers mentioned so far onbroad. The only one I'm not really interested in is King Diamond. Avantasia, Dream Theater, Nightwish and Dimmu Borgir would be awesome. Too bad we need budget for 56 more bands :D
    Wishlist:

Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:25 pm

Nightwish / Within Temptation

Atoma

The Wounded

Draconian / Rapture

Katatonia

Anneke Van Giersbergen

Shape Of Despair

Agalloch

Draconian / Rapture
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:38 pm

Razor Ramon wrote:2. A band probably no one else in this forum listens to.
    Atoma

Hey, I do :D
    Wishlist:

Shelton
    Crewman

by Shelton » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:07 am

bodomdragon wrote:
    Atoma

bodomdragon wrote:2. A band probably no one else in this forum listens to.
    Voyager

Funny how we're all so similar :cheers:
    Wishlist - Sabaton, Turisas, Tyr, Within Temptation
    2015 - Cabin #7234
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:20 am

Thrash. To circumvent all the ween.
    2013 Wishlist : Doro
    2014 Wishlist : Bands
    2015 Wishlist : Money
    2016 Wishlist : Majesty
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:43 am

Shelton wrote:
    bodomdragon wrote:
    Atoma

Voyager

Funny how we're all so similar :cheers:

I'd be happy to see your list, there are lots of Australian bands I really enjoy: Be'lakor, Voyager, Teramaze, Caligula's Horse, Airbourne, Ne Obliviscaris, Vanishing Point, Eyefear...
    Wishlist:

cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:58 am

Within Temptation (although might stretch the budget)

Magnum!

Evertale

Tourniquet

Sabaton

Ten

Hammerfall

Bane of Winterstorm

Ordan Ogan
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Shelton
    Crewman

by Shelton » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:31 am

Sabaton

Darkc3ll

Troldhaugen

Hammerfall

Being a young Australian it's so hard to seen anyone a zillion times, but Volbeat have been phenomenal when I've seen them.

Diablo Swing Orchestra

Trying not to repeat myself....maybe Dragonforce?

Voyager

I am going to have to repeat myself here, Sabaton. The world conspires against me everytime I get the opportunity to see them. Last year work got in the way of seeing them at Tons of Rock, this year work again gets in the way of Wacken.
    2015 - Cabin #7234
    Shelton
    Crewman

by Shelton » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:36 am

bodomdragon wrote:I'd be happy to see your list, there are lots of Australian bands I really enjoy: Be'lakor, Voyager, Teramaze, Caligula's Horse, Airbourne, Ne Obliviscaris, Vanishing Point, Eyefear...

There's my list, but any of those would be great. Hopefully Claim the Throne waved the Australian flag hard enough that they will always try and pick at least one of our own every year.
    2015 - Cabin #7234
  • headlinerluxi
    Petty Officer

by headlinerluxi » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:32 am

Accept

Mob Rules

Souldrinker

Great White

Sabaton

Magnum

Airbourne

Powerwolf

Savatage
    2012 survivor
    2013 survivor
    2014 survivor
    2016 survivor
    2018 survivor
    2019 !!!
    Savatage Queensryche Powerwolf Dokken Megadeth Mob Rules UDO Wasp Ripper Owens Tesla Y&T Armored Saint Testament Iced Earth Sabaton DAD Tesla Cinderella Brainstorm
    taketheday
    Chief Petty Officer

by taketheday » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:27 am

1. The venue filler, but still more or less within the 70K budget/audience limits
    Stratovarius

2. A band probably no one else in this forum listens to
    Excelsis (well, probably that some other Swiss fans know them)

3. A solid Cripper Award contender (if possible, less known than your previous answer)
    Dreamshade (from Switzerland)

3. The band you still NEED to see live for the first time after so much time enjoying their music
    Derdian (I could also say Stratovarius, but will see them for the first time in October :D )

4. You've watched them like a zillion times live, but you just can't have enough
    Sonata Arctica

5. That guilty pleasure, which might or might not be considered metal
    Sideburn (from Switzerland)

6. The live band. You don't listen to them that much but their concerts are a freaking party
    Lordi

Abinchova

8. THE band. The one that would make you book right away. You don't even need to think, it's in your mind right now
    Derdian :mrgreen:

2013: 7545
    2014: 9554
    2015: 2633
    2016 and 2019: 7320
    2017/2018: 7624
    2020: 7324

https://www.facebook.com/Bands.support.and.promotion
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:30 am

3. A solid Cripper Award contender (if possible, less known than your previous answer)
    SACRAL RAGE
    http://cruzdelsurmusic.bandcamp.com/alb ... inite-void

I normally Hate bands with this style of Vocals but this band seems to bring me back to my High School days
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
  • igglepuff
    Oiler

by igglepuff » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:05 pm

i'm sure most of what I listen to, a large number of you wouldn't consider metal (cruise worthy, at least hah). but hey, to each their own :D I can't wait to meet and party with you all next year, it'll be a nice gift to myself after the divorce from hell :D

Nightwish

Bring Me The Horizon (the older heavier stuff heh)

Jameson

Children of Bodom
    Cradle of Filth. yep, i cheated with 2 answers.

Parkway Drive

Sol (don't hate on me! he's just awesome to chill out to hah)

Neaera

Blind Witness

Arch Enemy
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:17 pm

Awesome thread idea.

Nightwish

Woe

Vandroya

Chthonic

Epica

Dropkick Murphys

Enslaved

Suspyre

Emperor
    I should get around to updating my signature
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:08 pm

headlinerluxi wrote:5. That guilty pleasure, which might or might not be considered metal.
    Magnum

YES!!!! :bangers: :bangers:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    bernabeit
    Petty Officer

by bernabeit » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:20 pm

Nightwish

Binary Creed

Whispered

Battlelore, Sirenia & Communic

Slayer

Tool

Municipal Waste

Psycroptic

Epica
    Wishlist: Hypocrisy Be’lakor Necrot Borknagar Blood Red Throne Earth Rot Decapitated Gatecreeper Jungle Rot Sylosis Wolfheart Within Temptation Wintersun Battelore
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:00 pm

igglepuff wrote:Jameson
    Sol

I thought you were making a drink menu. :lol:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Mal2000
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mal2000 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:59 am

Dimmu Borgir

Tribulation

Stortregn

Emperor

Sepultura

Messenger

Entombed

Hate

Ne Obliviscaris
    70K 2012, Barge to Hell, 70K 2014, 70K 2016, 70K 2018, 70K 2019, 70K 2020, 70K 2023
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:59 am

Interesting to see that there have been a very limited amount of repeated answers in most of the questions so far. The last and maybe most relevant question has seen a different answer for each person who replied :)

On the other side of the coin, I'm surprised to see how Nightwish is so far the clear winner in the venue filler category (7 out of 15 voted for them). Also very surprised to see that already four of us mentioned Sabaton as the band we never get tired of watching live. I hope Andy did his homework in that concert he was recently seen at :D
    Wishlist:

acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: 9 types of bands you want onbroad

by acidbasement » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:11 am

Good thread, but you have 9 types there - you counted 3 twice. :)

Obvious Nightwish is obvious.

Lions Share

Metsatöll

4. The band you still NEED to see live for the first time after so much time enjoying their music.
    Demons & Wizards

5. You've watched them like a zillion times live, but you just can't have enough.
    Gamma Ray (okay, I've only seen them twice, but that in itself is a crime)

6. That guilty pleasure, which might or might not be considered metal.
    Kontrust

7. The live band. You don't listen to them that much but their concerts are a freaking party.
    Twisted Sister

8. One band from your country. If you're German, American, Finnish or Swedish, try to be a little bit original :)
    Unexpect

9. THE band. The one that would make you book right away. You don't even need to think, it's in your mind right now.
    ГРАЙ, aka Grai.

ГРАЙ and Metsatöll are interchangeable in their categories for me. Both would be Cripper candidates (well, maybe not Metsatöll, I don't know), and both would make me joyously shit a steel brick if they were announced.
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
  • Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:38 am

King Diamond

Sunless Rise

A solid Cripper Award contender (if possible, less known than your previous answer).
    Vattnet Viskar

Borknagar

Goatwhore/Death Angel

Robert Randolph and the Family Band

Steel Panther

Crypt Sermon

8. THE band. The one that would make you book right away. You don't even need to think, it's in your mind right now
    Ne Obliviscaris
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

Re: 9 types of bands you want onbroad

by bodomdragon » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:48 am

acidbasement wrote:Good thread, but you have 9 types there - you counted 3 twice. :)

LOL - true :D
    Wishlist:

bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:50 am

Monmisreal wrote:8. THE band. The one that would make you book right away. You don't even need to think, it's in your mind right now
    Ne Obliviscaris

And for the first time we have a repetition in this category.
    Wishlist:

Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:16 pm

Ayreon or Star One

Yeti or Lykathea Aflame

A solid Cripper Award contender (if possible, less known than your previous answer).
    Ne Obliviscaris

Old Man's Child (although Borknagar, Emperor and Immortal also come to mind...)

Sabaton

Ozric Tentacles (non-metal) Godhead (goth-rock/metal]

Amon Amarth (but I DO listen to them...)

Agalloch

Insomnium
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:20 pm

Motley Crue might be over budget, but could maybe be sold on the party

Gardenian

Unleash The Archers

4. The band you still NEED to see live for the first time after so much time enjoying their music.
    Kalmah

5. You've watched them like a zillion times live, but you just can't have enough.
    Sam Black Church

6. That guilty pleasure, which might or might not be considered metal.
    I don't really buy into the whole "guilty pleasure" thing, as I don't care... but the closest to definition I can say I'd enjoy getting a chance to see White Lion

7. The live band. You don't listen to them that much but their concerts are a freaking party.
    Warbringer

8. One band from your country. If you're German, American, Finnish or Swedish, try to be a little bit original :)
    Daylight Dies

9. THE band. The one that would make you book right away. You don't even need to think, it's in your mind right now.
    if money were no issue, Ne Obliviscaris
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CemeterySkyline-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-Souldrainer-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-Stortregn-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    Noelolz
    Petty Officer

by Noelolz » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:52 pm

Devin Townsend

Sky Harbor

Without Waves

Ayreon

Symphony X

Anneke Van Giersbergen

Allegaeon

Symphony X

Haken
    Bring on #7! Booked Cabin 2313!
    70k 2011, 2012, BTH, 2013, 2014, 2015 Survivor
    Wishlist: Haken*Edguy*SymphonyX*Moonspell*Devin Townsend*Masterplan*Gojira*Avantasia*Ayreon*Starkill*Arsis*Leprous*Anaal Nathrakh*Enslaved*Rhapsody of Fire
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:41 pm

Speedy wrote:2. A band probably no one else in this forum listens to.
    Kivimetsän Druidi

I do! I saw KD on a "Heathenfest America" tour back in 2009 and the entire gig was outstanding including Eluveitie (first of 8X seeing them - blew me away), Vreid, Belphegor, & Alestorm (yeah - I know I say "outstanding" about a lot of gigs - ha ;) ). I bought KD's album Shadowheart at the time and still listen to it on occasion. :viking:
    :cheers:

Voyager

I recently started listening to a few songs by them since I've seen the name mentioned here and there, plus they will be here in Chicago with Evergrey (another new - to me - band) and I'm considering going to that gig to check out bands I've not seen before.
    :cheers:
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
  • Buga B
    Oiler

by Buga B » Fri May 01, 2015 5:38 am

Sabaton

Stormwitch

Meliah Rage or Domine

King Diamond

Sepultura

The Electric Six

Overkill

Moby Dick

Kreator
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Fri May 01, 2015 7:48 am

Amon Amarth (I think they are venue fillers)

Keldian

Visigoth.

Old Band - Running Wild or Newer stuff - Wolfheart

Dark Tranquillity

Eclipse.

Gloryhammer

Dark Avenger, Daydream IX or Harllequin

Wolfheart
    metal4ever
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Fri May 01, 2015 7:50 am

Voyager is excelent and GREAT LIVE(Saw them at PPUSA and will see again this year at PPUSA)
    metal4ever
Post Reply 147 posts