Post Reply 9 posts Page 1 of 1
The First
    xelI777
    Wiper

The First

by xelI777 » Mon May 04, 2015 12:53 pm

2016 will be my first time in 70K, and I am looking for advise, useful tips (hotels, transport to the port), etc.

Thanks,
    Wishlist: Amorphis, Amon Amarth, Anaal Nathrakh, Behemoth, Finntroll, Gehennah, Misery Index, Venom.

Wishlist (too good to be true): Amorphis, Anaal Nathrakh, Agalloch, Gehennah, Moonspell, October Falls, Wolfheart.
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: The First

by acidbasement » Mon May 04, 2015 2:00 pm

2020 Wishlist: Boat, friends, bands, karaoke, hot, Sorrentos, Windjammer, coffee, Satan, love, alcohol.
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Tue May 05, 2015 5:42 am

xelI777 wrote:2016 will be my first time in 70K, and I am looking for advise, useful tips (hotels, transport to the port), etc.

Thanks,

Just wing it dude, everybody else does.
    2013 Wishlist : Doro
    2014 Wishlist : Bands
    2015 Wishlist : Money
    2016 Wishlist : Majesty
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue May 05, 2015 7:13 am

Don't expect to do half the things you think you're gonna do - you'll meet to many people.

Don't eat the sushi.

Don't break your diet if you have one.
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-November's.Doom-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-

Save these guys for 2021, Andy.
    xelI777
    Wiper

by xelI777 » Tue May 05, 2015 1:41 pm

Dimma wrote:
    xelI777 wrote:2016 will be my first time in 70K, and I am looking for advise, useful tips (hotels, transport to the port), etc.

Thanks,

It is hard to "wing it" when you are a control freak with an OCD, believe me.....
    Wishlist: Amorphis, Amon Amarth, Anaal Nathrakh, Behemoth, Finntroll, Gehennah, Misery Index, Venom.

Wishlist (too good to be true): Amorphis, Anaal Nathrakh, Agalloch, Gehennah, Moonspell, October Falls, Wolfheart.
    xelI777
    Wiper

by xelI777 » Tue May 05, 2015 1:42 pm

Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Tue May 05, 2015 1:56 pm

xelI777 wrote:
    Dimma wrote:

Thanks,

It is hard to "wing it" when you are a control freak with an OCD, believe me.....

then this might be tough for you.
    delays on stages are common and some times more than several hours
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Tue May 05, 2015 4:03 pm

If you're traveling from far or from a cold place, I really suggest coming early and spending some time on the beach. Lots of people stayed in Hollywood Beach before the cruise last year, and that's where we had the beach party... might change, though. Who knows.

If you're doing a lot of pre-partying, try to just grab cabs with other people. It's not really a thing you can organize a lot, but there's usually people going your way to something.

The more the merrier... I had a four-person room, we had to share beds a little but it was like having a bunch of automatic friends. I spent a lot of time hanging out with my roommies.

Pace yourself... bands went from 10am to 6am. I found that I missed some bands because I just knew I needed a nap if I wanted to make it to something more interesting. This goes for drinking, too. Also, if you pass out, you WILL photos of people fucking with you uploaded to FB. Not drawing on faces but just people putting their ass next to your face or doing horns or whatever.

Take the day off after you arrive home. Seriously. Recovery took me about a week because I just flew home and went straight back to work the next day.

Try not to book flights with connections in Northeastern cities because they're clusterfucks anyway and plus you always know some Nor'easter is probably gonna come through. I had my flight re-routed on me.

Ft Lauderdale doesn't have phone charging stations at their airport. Every last one was taken up by stranded people, so I charged mine in the bathroom. Make sure you're fully charged for the morning you leave.
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Tue May 05, 2015 7:44 pm

xelI777 wrote:
    Dimma wrote:

Thanks,

Control freak asks for advice. Well there's always a first time!

But seriously, try and room with a veteran, see if there's anyone from your neck of the woods going.

Everybody generally stays at the same hotels, there's 3000 metalheads in Miami, just look for someone wearing a black t-shirt.
    2013 Wishlist : Doro
    2014 Wishlist : Bands
    2015 Wishlist : Money
    2016 Wishlist : Majesty
Post Reply 9 posts Page 1 of 1