Post Reply 201 posts
How fast will 2016 sell out?
    Rjturtle9
    Crewman

Re: How fast will 2016 sell out?

by Rjturtle9 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:26 am

Even then that's still incredibly fast turn around time. Im impressed.
    Angra-Amon Amarth-Autopsy-Cancer-Cavalera Conspiracy-Chthonic-Coroner-Iron Reagan-Kreator-Masacre-Mayham-Necrophagist-Nightwish-Nuclear Assault-Obituary-Obscura-Onslaught-Overkill-Pagans Mind-Razor-Revocation-Sonata Arctica-Toxik-Ulver-Unisonic
  • Godflesh
    Midshipman

by Godflesh » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:39 am

Speedy wrote:
    Godflesh wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:Yup. The official 70K shirts have all the band logos on the back.

That ain't wrong. Hmm... How could they print and ship those so fast?
    But the last person booked will be the proof reader on the program booklet :-)

Printing booklets and t-shirts is fast. As long as UMC make the deal with the printer well in advance it's no problem, e.g. "we're going to print 3000 t-shirts, and the rear design will be ready two days before delivery". They can print the fronts long before and store the shirts until the back is ready.

I asked a friend who's in the t-shirt printing business, and he confirmed that yep, it's possible to print shirts within a few hours and ship them overnight, even though the "normal" delay is 2-3 weeks.
    So that probably answers the questions about last minute cancellations or additions, as long as it's more than say 48 hours.
    Agnostic.Front-/-Akercocke-/-Alien.Weaponry-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Anaal.Nathrakh-/-Animals.As.Leaders-/-Behemoth-/-Between.The.Buried.And.Me-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Star.Riders-/-Body.Count-/-Brujeria-/-Candiria-/-Candlemass-/-Cattle.Decapitation-/-Combichrist-/-Dark.Angel-/-Deicide-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-DRI-/-Entombed-/-Evile-/-Fear.Factory-/-Flotsam.and.Jetsam-/-Galakticon.-/-Ghost-/-Godflesh-/-Gojira-/-Green.Carnation-/-Hatebreed-/-Iron.Reagan-/-Jungle.Rot-/-KMFDM-/-Kvelertak-/-Lost.Society-/-Loudblast-/-Manowar-/-Melechesh-/-Memoriam-/-Ministry-/-M.O.D.-/-Morbid.Angel-/-Morgoth-/-Municipal.Waste-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Nails-/-Nuclear.Assault-/-Pig.Destroyer-/-Power.Trip-/-Protector-/-Rivers.Of.Nihil-/-Ross.The.Boss-/-Sacred.Reich-/-Saxon-/-Six.Feet.Under-/-Sleep-/-Stormtroopers.of.Beer-/-Suffocation-/-Suicidal.Tendencies-/-Tankard-/-Terrorizer-/-The.Crown-/-The.Faceless-/-The.Great.Old.Ones-/-The.Zenith.Passage-/-Thin.Lizzy-/-Triptykon-/-Trust-/-Tsjuder-/-Twelve.Foot.Ninja-/-UFO-/-Upon.A.Burning.Body-/-Vio-lence-/-Wrath-/-Xibalba
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:12 am

PR gone again and I available again.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Einherjer-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Ihsahn-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Abinchova-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Elvenking-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Grave.Digger-/-Haggard-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Izegrim-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kivimetsän.Druidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Orphaned.Land-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-SuidAkrA-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-Tengger.Cavalry-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-U.D.O.-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Wintersun-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:26 am

mooyagi wrote:
    Rjturtle9 wrote:
    There are merch with all the bands listed on them then right? :?

Yup. The official 70K shirts have all the band logos on the back.

Not quite true. All the band NAMES are listed in the same font, but the logos are not used.
    That makes it easy to add, say, Wintersun within the last few days before sailing. (As I recall, they said they'd been booked on the Saturday before last year's departure and, of course, famously announced DURING the beach-party, about 18 hours before boarding started. :shock: )
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Booked!
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:09 am

Pellaz wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:
    Rjturtle9 wrote:
    There are merch with all the bands listed on them then right? :?

Yup. The official 70K shirts have all the band logos on the back.

Not quite true. All the band NAMES are listed in the same font, but the logos are not used.
    That makes it easy to add, say, Wintersun within the last few days before sailing. (As I recall, they said they'd been booked on the Saturday before last year's departure and, of course, famously announced DURING the beach-party, about 18 hours before boarding started. :shock: )

Whoops! Had the official ones mixed up with the forum designs from earlier cruises.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Lala
    Midshipman

by Lala » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:52 pm

Pellaz wrote: (As I recall, they said they'd been booked on the Saturday before last year's departure and, of course, famously announced DURING the beach-party, about 18 hours before boarding started. :shock: )

When i left the Majesty 2014 someone who's always really good informed told me that Blind Guardian and Wintersun will play next time - which is now last time. so maybe Wintersun told you a little lie.....
    2011 - survived - 2012 - survived - 2013 - survived - 2014 - survived - 2015 - survived - 2016 - survived - 2017 - survived - 2018 - survived - 2019 - survived - 2020 - yes

www.lalasreisen.de
  • Jotunheimr
    Chief Petty Officer

by Jotunheimr » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:08 am

Lala wrote:
    Pellaz wrote: (As I recall, they said they'd been booked on the Saturday before last year's departure and, of course, famously announced DURING the beach-party, about 18 hours before boarding started. :shock: )

When i left the Majesty 2014 someone who's always really good informed told me that Blind Guardian and Wintersun will play next time - which is now last time. so maybe Wintersun told you a little lie.....

Your friend is really good at guessing. Ask him who else he thinks is playing this year.
    2020 Wishlist: Finntroll-/-Haggard-/-Korpiklaani-/-Moonsorrow-/-Turisas
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:31 pm

No further change on this with 18 days to go. It will probably 'sell out', but I think the strength of the US Dollar is hurting all us internationals which might explain why things to be selling slightly slower this year.

Type / Double / Triple / Quad / Quin/ SEX / Sept / Oct /
    Interior N / 73 /
    Interior M / 128 /
    Interior L / 141 /
    Interior K / 3 / 1 / 177
    Promenade PR / 166 /
    Family Interior FI / / / / / / 2 /
    Promenade Family FP / / / / / / 4 /
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Ocean View I / 66 / / /
    Ocean View H / 42 / / /
    Ocean View G / / / 100 /
    Large Ocean View F / 14 / 2 / /
    Family Ocean View FO / / / / / 10 /
    Deluxe Balcony E3 / 185 /
    Deluxe Balcony E2 / 52 /
    Deluxe Balcony E1 / / 83 / 8 /
    Superior Balcony D3 / 191 /
    Superior Balcony D2 / 102 /
    Superior Balcony D1 / / / 89 /
    Junior Suite JS / 56 / / 22 /
    Grand Suite GS / / / 22 /
    Royal Family Suite FS / / / / / / / 4 /
    Owner Suite OS / / / 8 /

Total Cabins: 1751
    Number Sold Out: 1136

Maximum Number of Cabins Remaining: 615

Of those, can only be 1 or JS quads (out of 22) and 1 or 2 PR (out of 166) though.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:33 pm

For some reason both Male and Female interior k quads at $666 are still available now.They have disappeared and reappeared a couple of times.They are both available as I am writing this and have come and gone the last few weeks.So it isn't a "they don't update " issue.It could be click bait to fill cabins at a higher level,someone who tries to book one of these cabins could be told it is not available but a better cabin could be given for the price.This would be a way to discount cabins without actually advertising them.Could be bands that where supposed to get these are all being bumped up to get them to do the cruise.I can't see how anyone would cancel now because you get no refund.Plus by now everyone would have paid so it can't be lack of payment.
    My wishlist 2019 A band just one band before Christmas!
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:00 pm

Promenade doubles are gone ,$666 male and female singles are still available .Noticed a few "looking for cheap ticket" posts on Facebook ,I guess people are hunting for a super bargain or don't realize the $666 are still there.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:24 am

Promenades gone

Interior N / 73 /
    Interior M / 128 /
    Interior L / 141 /
    Interior K / 3 / 1 / 177
    Promenade PR / 166 /
    Ocean View I / 66 / / /
    Ocean View H / 42 / / /
    Ocean View G / / / 100 /
    Deluxe Balcony E2 / 52 /
    Owner Suite OS / / / 8 /

Number Sold Out: 1302

Maximum Number of Cabins Remaining: 449
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
    MissTool
    Oiler

by MissTool » Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:18 am

There is still a lot remaining, at this point I doubt it will sell out.
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:22 am

MissTool wrote:There is still a lot remaining, at this point I doubt it will sell out.

Not that the maximum number of cabins remaining is certainly a much bigger number than the actual number of cabins remaining. For all we know, there could be only 50 or 100 cabins left. Or 10. Or 5.

I would be VERY surprised if the cruise doesn't sell out in the end. Plus, if the selling trends indicate that there is a risk of not selling out, I'm sure they would have made more announcements on earlier months.
    Wishlist:
    ALLEGAEON--Amaranthe--Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Devin.Townsend.Project--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--Dream.Theater--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Epica--Fleshgod-Apocalypse--Fractal.Gates--Gamma.Ray--Gloryhammer--Haken--HELLOWEEN.REUNION--In.Vain--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--MOONSORROW--MORS.PRINCIPIUM.EST--NE.OBLIVISCARIS--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--Onslaught--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Power.Quest--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--Soilwork--Stratovarius--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Teramaze--Therion--Unisonic--Unleash.the.Archers--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Witherscape

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor
    MissTool
    Oiler

by MissTool » Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:43 am

At this point I am pretty sure they are not losing any money because if they were they would rush in making new announcements. All the cabins left are in the higher prices categories, so I will be really surprised if they can sell all of them.
    This cruise is not cheap by any means. If you look for voyages on the same ship around this time of the year you can get cabins for under 400 USD/pp. Obviously 70k has all the costs with bands/production/stages etc, still when they charge more than double of what a cabin is worth per ticket, is not hard to pay the bill. If they were even a bit concerned about losing money, we would not be waiting for 15 annoncements less than 2 wks to go.
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:31 am

For me as a German I can say that the cruise is more expensive than the two before. One reason is the fuc... dollar rate. 2 years ago we got 1,30 - 1,38 $ for 1 €. now it's 1,08 $. Another is that we booked later and couldn't get an cheaper cabin.
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board 2020!
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
    MissTool
    Oiler

by MissTool » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:43 am

I am a Brazilian and right now 1 USD = 4.35 BRL and the difference is increasing on daily basis. Last Januarry 1 USD was a bit under 3 BRL, so yeah, many Brazilians won´t be going this year and I am sure that goes for many nationalities. Dollar is as strong as ever and soon will beat euro. That is another reason for me to say the cruise won´t sell out.
    FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:44 am

Each year it ends with a surprising increasing sales ; finishing "sold out". Another mystery.
    2019 for ABBATH+AGENT STEEL+CORONATUS+DARK ANGEL+DARK SARAH+KING DIAMOND+LEE AARON+LITA FORD+MIDNATTSOL+NECRODEATH+NOCTURNUS+ONSLAUGHT+PARADOX+REPULSION+SACRIFICE+THE DARK ELEMENT+VENOM INC.
    MissTool
    Oiler

by MissTool » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:49 am

We do have to consider that sold out doesn´t necessarily means all cabins occupied/sold. It does look nice to say the event is sold out. Honestly I prefer a not overcrowed ship.
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:05 am

MissTool wrote:We do have to consider that sold out doesn´t necessarily means all cabins occupied/sold. It does look nice to say the event is sold out. Honestly I prefer a not overcrowed ship.

Yes that's right. I also like it if it's not so full onboard.

• bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:25 am

jodionline wrote:
    MissTool wrote:We do have to consider that sold out doesn´t necessarily means all cabins occupied/sold. It does look nice to say the event is sold out. Honestly I prefer a not overcrowed ship.

I've never felt the ship overcrowded. Well, to be precise, I'd only wish there were less people on the merch lines and on the check-in queue the first day. Other than that, it feels fine.
    Last edited by bodomdragon on Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Wishlist:
    ALLEGAEON--Amaranthe--Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Devin.Townsend.Project--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--Dream.Theater--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Epica--Fleshgod-Apocalypse--Fractal.Gates--Gamma.Ray--Gloryhammer--Haken--HELLOWEEN.REUNION--In.Vain--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--MOONSORROW--MORS.PRINCIPIUM.EST--NE.OBLIVISCARIS--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--Onslaught--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Power.Quest--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--Soilwork--Stratovarius--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Teramaze--Therion--Unisonic--Unleash.the.Archers--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Witherscape

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor
    MissTool
    Oiler

by MissTool » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:04 am

I went to Progressive Nation at Sea 2014 and they took a big loss on that cruise. I purchased my ticket the day it went on sale because I was positive it would sell out. In the end they offered us to nominate friends to go paying only taxes and fees, and in return we got upgrades. I had booked single traveller and ended up alone in an upgraded cabin. In the end they opened for anyone the option to go paying only taxes and fees. I doubt this will ever happen to 70k but I think the cruise used to sell out much faster. I know now the ship is bigger but still it doesn´t seem as easier as it was before, still I am sure ther are having a profit as is right now.
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:28 am

bodomdragon wrote:
    jodionline wrote:

I've never felt the ship overcrowded. Well, to be precise, I'd only wish there were more people on the merch lines and on the check-in queue the first day. Other than that, it feels fine.

Good to hear. I "only" was 2 times on the Majesty.

Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer

by Hoppy McGee » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:44 am

I was really keeping an eye on this cruise last year and debated booking at the last minute. If I remember correctly there were still several categories of suites left in the month before the cruise. Don't think it sold out until the week before.

World currencies are in the toilet this year though and just keep falling lower and lower against the US dollar. I think this combined with the raise in prices on many of the cabin categories is probably the only reason that it is not sold out this year yet. Probably the only people who can realistically still book are Americans since they don't have to worry about the craptastic exchange rates.

Wonder if we will see some diversity in the upcoming band announcements to try and entice more American cruisers to hop onbroad. Bands like Pelican (one of the bands rumored for the next clue) don't necessarily fit into 70K's wheelhouse but they wouldn't hurt in changing things up a bit and maybe enticing some people to buy a cabin that normally wouldn't.

I think we also might see some more death and thrash added. Lets face it...if fans of folk/viking, power, and doom/goth haven't booked already then they aren't going to. For death I think we will see one of the bigger names that is playing Florida pre-cruise. Could be Obituary or might even be Deicide (don't think they've ever done the cruise have they?).

For thrash I think we'll probably see a few American bands (Havok and Black Fast would be nice) and maybe a bigger name to go along with them like Kreator or Testament (wishful thinking).

Might even see another name to fill out the black metal category. Mayhem is touring Mexico just before the cruise and are possible. Agalloch is an American band which would definitely "tick a lot of boxes" for a lot of people. Both these bands could probably help sell a few more cabins.

Not getting my hopes up though, the majority of the remaining 15 will probably be relatively unknown bands and we will end up seeing a post from Andy that the cruise is sold out in the days beforehand regardless.
    70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
    MY.LITTLE.WISHLIST_____**CAPS=MOST.WANTED**
    /-3.Inches.of.Blood.(Reunion)-/1914-/-ABBATH-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-Abysmal.Dawn-/-Aether.Realm-/-Alkaloid-/-ALLEGAEON-/-Anciients-/-AMON.AMARTH-/-Amorphis-/-ARCHSPIRE-/-Armored.Saint-/-Ash.Borer-/Asphyx-/-AT.THE.GATES-/-AUTOPSY-/-Barren.Earth-/-Battlelore-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Benighted-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Earth-/-Black.Fast-/-Blood.Incantation-/-Bloodhunter-/-Bolt.Thrower,(wishful.thinking)-/-Bölzer-/-Borknagar-/-Brymir-/-Cancer-/-Cannabis.Corpse-/-CARCASS-/-CATTLE.DECAPITATION-/-Cloak-/-Coffins-/-Cormorant-/Corrosion.of.Conformity-/-Craven.Idol-/-Crypt.Sermon-/-Critical.Mess-/-Cut.Up-/-Dark.Angel-/-DARK.FORTRESS-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-DAWN.OF.DISEASE-/-Daylight.Dies-/-Dead.Congregation-/-Damnation.Defaced-/-Death.Angel-/-Decapitated-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Demonical-/-Demons.and.Wizards-/-Desaster-/-Deserted.Fear-/-DESTROYER.666-/-Desultory.(more.wishful.thinking)/-DISMEMBER.(wishful.thinking.that's.actually.possible.now!!!)-/-Draconian-/-Drakwald-/-Dying.Fetus-/-Dyscarnate-/-Emperor-/-Enforcer-/-Entombed-/-Entrails-/-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-/-Feral-/-FINNTROLL-/-Firespawn-/-Flotsam.&.Jetsam-/-GHOUL-/-Goatwhore-/-GOJIRA-/-Gorguts-/-Gorod-/-Grand.Magus-/-Grave-/-Grave.Miasma-/-Graveworm-/-Gruesome-/-Gutter.Instinct-/-Hallatar-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Hate.Eternal-/-Hatesphere-/-Hath-/-Haunt-/-Hellbringer-/-High.on.Fire-/-Hooded.Menace-/-HORRENDOUS-/-Horrified-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Ihsahn-/-Immolation-/-Inanimate.Existence-/-Insomnium-/-Jungle.Rot-/-Kadaver-/-Kaoteon-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Khemmis-/-King.Goat-/-King.of.Asgard-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-LEGION.OF.THE.DAMNED-/-LIK-/-Lucifer's.Child-/-Magic.Circle-/-Magoth-/-Mammoth.Grinder-/-Master-/-Mastodon-/-MGLA-/-Miasmal-/-MIDNIGHT-/-MISERY.INDEX-/-Moonspell-/-Morta.Skuld-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Necrophobic-/-Necrot-/-Nuclear.Assault-/-Okkultist-/-Orange.Goblin-/-Ossuarium-/-Outre.Tomb-/-Phlebotomized-/-Power.Trip-/-Powerwolf-/-PRIMORDIAL-/-Profanal-/-Protector-/-Psycroptic-/-Replacaire-/-Revocation-/-Ripper-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Ruby.the.Hatchet-/-Sacred.Monster-/-Sacrifice-/-SATAN-/-Satyricon-/-Skálmöld-/-Skeletal.Remains-/-SOEN-/-Suffocation-/-Sulphur-/-SULPHUR.AEON-/-Taake-/-TANKARD-/-Tau.Cross-/-Temple.of.Void-/-Terrorizer-/-Testament-/-The.Crown-/-The.Lurking.Fear-/-The.Wretched.End-/-THULCANDRA-/-Thyrfing-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tribulation-/-Uada-/-Unleashed-/-VADER-/-Vampire-/-Vanum-/-Vektor-/-Venom.Inc.-/-Vesperia-/-Vredehammer-/-Watain-/-Xentrix/{white=booked}/{red=ruled.out}
    MissTool
    Oiler

by MissTool » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:00 am

Pelican and Agalloch would please me more than any other band already announced and you are right about the fact they could bring a different crowd but realistically I don´t have high hopes for those.
    Mal2000
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mal2000 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:12 am

MissTool wrote:At this point I am pretty sure they are not losing any money because if they were they would rush in making new announcements.

That would be in standard business procedure but throughout last 6 cruises we have seen that Andy is nothing close to standard business management :mrgreen:
    A lot of veterans (at least 14 that I know of) are not coming back this year, which means huge loses to booking by now. Same for me. This will be my last 70k and I will not book anymore and 4 persons with me.
    and no, it will not be sold out, even if UMC will post it next week as sold out.
    70K 2012, Barge to Hell, 70K 2014, 70K 2016, 70K 2018, 70K 2019
    MissTool
    Oiler

by MissTool » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:25 am

Mal2000 wrote:
    MissTool wrote:At this point I am pretty sure they are not losing any money because if they were they would rush in making new announcements.

That would be in standard business procedure but throughout last 6 cruises we have seen that Andy is nothing close to standard business management :mrgreen:
    A lot of veterans (at least 14 that I know of) are not coming back this year, which means huge loses to booking by now. Same for me. This will be my last 70k and I will not book anymore and 4 persons with me.
    and no, it will not be sold out, even if UMC will post it next week as sold out.

It is my first cruise but I have following news about it for awhile and I know a few veterans. I have seen my fair share of complains about 70k organization and I know people who won´t go again because of it. I have made a post before about how they should start to revise the formula. It is pretty clear to me the cruise no longer has the same appeal as it have before and I do believe some veterans keep going back more for fun and friends than the lineup, which in my opinion lacks in originality. Even if is my first trip I am going more for the experience than for the lineup. I am sure I will love but I don´t think I will go back next year because there is several fests out there that suit way better my taste not to mention are better organized. Since I have limited amount of time and money for travelling, I need to be picky. As a matter of fact I already kinda regret I have booked 70k because this week Psycho Las Vegas was announced and that fest would be amazing experience and lineup wise for me.

I think things will only change once they start losing money, as is now it doens´t seem necessary.
    Mal2000
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mal2000 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:49 am

MissTool wrote:
    I think things will only change once they start losing money, as is now it doens´t seem necessary.

They lost money on Barge to Hell, which was the BEST ever cruise. And no, nothing changed :twisted:
    Don't get me wrong, you will have a hell of a time. I love it being on ship. I booked this year for lineup and of course to see my metal family :)
    Let's have a drink ob broad :3drunks:
    MissTool
    Oiler

by MissTool » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:56 am

Mal2000 wrote:
    MissTool wrote:

They lost money on Barge to Hell, which was the BEST ever cruise. And no, nothing changed :twisted:
    Don't get me wrong, you will have a hell of a time. I love it being on ship. I booked this year for lineup and of course to see my metal family :)
    Let's have a drink ob broad :3drunks:

But Barge happened only once, right?
    I have no doubt it will be awesome. I already know some family and I am looking forward to see them and meet as many people as possible. Cheers!
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:09 pm

Barge was an oversight on how many people would be going.There was plenty of people i know in Europe that had interest in the lineup and thought it was great but weren't willing or simply didn't have that kind of money..Most extreme bands will cost less to book than your equivelant level of Heavy metal or Power metal band.And considering how many of these festivals we have in Europe for next to no cost it was always going to be hard to persuade them to come on Barge.
    From experience and from the people i know from cruises over the years there is varying different factors.
    The lineup for most people this year in underwhelming and leaving already booked bands and not announcing them could have made the difference between some of those people returning this year.
    A lot of cruisers can't afford other big festival trips if they do the cruise.Some people in the U.S.have done the cruise many times.The novelty is warn off.Going to them is not manditory and they want to hit fests in Europe instead but can't aford both.

A lot of people in Europe i know would be comeing back if the lineup was better.They've told me they are skipping this one but will probably be back year after.Especially when the exchange rates are so abysmal for Europeans right now they are going to want a damn good lineup to come back to the cruise.And this year for most this hasn't been provided.

I wasn't going to come back on the cruise this year either because of costs.But i find myself back on the cruise again.But i'm not going because of the lineup.Overall i think also it's quite bad.
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:13 pm

Also you guys gotta remember that it's bigger ship so instead of trying to get 2000 people on the boat they are trying to get 3000 on.Which is hard either way when you have no bands of higher status than the ones that have played on all the 2000 person cruises.
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:16 pm

My take is that it is selling well. I believe they don't book all bands ahead of time. They book enough to generate buzz and sales. As the year goes on and the cabins are selling well then they are not under the gun to book expensive highly requested bands. They can pick up any band to fill out the lineup at the end.
    2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Where are the announcements!

Please...AEther.Realm-|-Alestorm-|-Amaranthe-|-Amon.Amarth-|-Ancient.Bards-|-Anthrax-|-Apocalyptica-|-Astral.Doors-|-Atlas.Pain-|-Avantasia-|-Battle.Beast-|-Beast.in.Black-|-Behemoth-|-Belzebubs-|-Blind.Guardian-|-Borknagar-|-Brymir-|-Cain's.Offering-|-Chthonic-|-Civil.War-|-Dark.Moor-|-Dark.Tranquility-|-Death.Angel-|-Demons.and.Wizards-|-Dimmu.Borgir-|-Doro-|-DragonForce-|-Dragonland-|-Edguy-|-Epica-|-Equilibrium-|-Ex.Deo-|-Exodus-|-Firewind-|-Flotsam.and.Jetsam-|-Gamma.Ray-|-Grailknights-|-Grave.Digger-|-Gyze-|-Haggard-|-Hammerfall-|-Heathen.Foray-|-Helloween-|-Helstar-|-Holy.Grail-|-Hypocrisy-|-Iced.Earth-|-In.Extremo-|-Insomnium-|-Korpiklaani-|-Kreator-|-Lacuna.Coil-|-Lizzy.Borden-|-Moonspell-|-Myrkur-|-Nightwish-|-Nothgard-|-Oceans.of.Slumber-|-Omnium.Gatherum-|-Orden.Ogan-|-Powerwolf-|-Primordial-|-Psychostick-|-Refuge-|-Running.Wild-|-Sabaton-|-Saltatio.Mortis-|-Savatage-|-Saxon-|-Serious.Black-|-Shylmagoghnar-|-Skiltron-|-Stratovarius-|-Tengger.Cavalry-|-Testament-|-Therion-|-Turisas-|-U.D.O.-|-Uli.Jon.Roth-|-Unisonic-|-Venom-|-Visigoth-|-Wintersun-|-Wolfheart-|-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:12 pm

One thing I noticed is that are always empty cabins years 2012-2014 on The Majesty.I even asked the cabin attendant if every cabin he had in his group was filled in 2013 and he said there where a few empty cabins.Being Sold Out refers to the maximimun number of cruisers allowed which was around 2,000 on The Majesty.Because there are many more cabins filled with 4 people on this cruise compared to a normal cruise ,there are always going to be empty cabins on the ship.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:34 pm

Changes
    Ocean Veiw I -unsold out
    Grand Suite -unsold out
    Owners Suite -Sold Out
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:03 pm

Ocean View I un-sold, GS un-sold, Ownsers sold

Interior N / 73 /
    Interior M / 128 /
    Interior L / 141 /
    Interior K / 3 / 1 / 177
    Promenade PR / 166 /
    Ocean View I / 66 / / /
    Ocean View H / 42 / / /
    Ocean View G / / / 100 /
    Deluxe Balcony E2 / 52 /
    Owner Suite OS / / / 8 /

Number Sold Out: 1222

Maximum Number of Cabins Remaining: 529
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Mal2000
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mal2000 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:18 am

cowboy71 wrote:Ocean View I un-sold, GS un-sold, Ownsers sold
    Owner Suite OS / / / 8 /

Number Sold Out: 1222

Maximum Number of Cabins Remaining: 529

well, Statsman - you need to update your number again :twisted: as UMC shuffled suites
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:10 am

FrenchMachoBoy wrote:Each year it ends with a surprising increasing sales ; finishing "sold out". Another mystery.

Those "auxiliary beer-storage" cabins are "booked" at the last minute. :lol:
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Booked!
    Mal2000
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mal2000 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:48 am

Pellaz wrote:Those "auxiliary beer-storage" cabins are "booked" at the last minute. :lol:

LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:18 pm

Latest figures. Superior Balcony D1 sold out, Grand Suite GS sold out.

JS Quads, and Ocean View I have been marked as sold out previously so there are clearly only 1 or 2 of each of those left. Impossible to tell how many left of the others.

Tthe latest newsletter says "cabin availability is extremely limited" but not "less than 50 remain" which they said around this time last year. So my guess is there are still a fair few cabins left.

Interior N / 73 /
    Interior M / 128 /
    Interior L / 141 /
    Interior K / 3 / 1 / 177
    Promenade PR / 166 /
    Ocean View I / 66 / / /
    Ocean View H / 42 / / /
    Ocean View G / / / 100 /
    Deluxe Balcony E2 / 52 /
    Owner Suite OS / / / 8 /

Number Sold Out: 1335

Maximum Number of Cabins Remaining: 416

In addition to the above, the following are still open for single passengers:

Single Female spots still available:
    Interior M DOUBLE
    Interior K QUAD
    Deluxe Balcony E3 DOUBLE

Single Male spots still available:
    Interior L DOUBLE
    Deluxe Balcony E3 DOUBLE
    Superior Balcony D1 QUAD

So given that there are 11 categories to choose from still, there are at least still 11 spots available :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:58 am

cowboy71 wrote:Latest figures. Superior Balcony D1 sold out, Grand Suite GS sold out.

JS Quads, and Ocean View I have been marked as sold out previously so there are clearly only 1 or 2 of each of those left. Impossible to tell how many left of the others.

Tthe latest newsletter says "cabin availability is extremely limited" but not "less than 50 remain" which they said around this time last year. So my guess is there are still a fair few cabins left.

Some thoughts on the remaining categories:
    - I and JS quads has been in and out a few times, probably only a handful of each.
    - D3 probably not a lot left, given that the more expensive, but identical except for location, D2 has sold out.
    - JS twin is difficult to say. There are no more expensive twins as GS and OS are only quads that could be sold as twins, and the next cheaper twin (D2) is a good deal cheaper.
    - E1 is the only category with a significant number of triples, so nothing to compare against. My gut feeling is that triples are significantly less popular than twins or quads, so there could be a fair amount of these left.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Einherjer-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Ihsahn-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Abinchova-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Elvenking-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Grave.Digger-/-Haggard-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Izegrim-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kivimetsän.Druidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Orphaned.Land-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-SuidAkrA-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-Tengger.Cavalry-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-U.D.O.-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Wintersun-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:11 pm

And again Male Single Quad K is back ,as soon as someone posts selling looking for a cabin mate this option comes back.UMC rather sell you a cheap cabin than upgrade you if needed then let a SOL cruiser sell their cabin lol.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned