Post Reply 150 posts
Predictions and hopes for the next 10 bands
    Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: Predictions and hopes for the next 10 bands

by Hoppy McGee » Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:03 am

Thrash was fairly over-represented last year....maybe it will be a little underrepresented this year? Nonetheless I'm sure we'll see at the very least another 3 or 4 thrash bands out of the next 20.

Here are my prediction/wishes for the next ten.

Black Fast - Killer up and coming Thrash band, Cripper contender!
    Amaranthe - as Cowboy mentions heavily rumored.....fingers crossed that these rumors are true!
    Horrendous - amazing Death metal band, tons of hype, Cripper contender
    Kvelertak - because we need fucking Kvelertak on broad :beerwink:
    Æther Realm - Folk/Melo-death, want to be on the boat badly, they even posted a fake photo-shopped announcement on their facebook a few months ago. Cripper contender.
    Draconian - Yes we've a lot of goth/doom this year but why not another?!?! New album is really, really good!!
    Gloryhammer - Chris needs to be on the boat.
    Razor - Fills the void with another speed/thrash band. Hasn't been a Canadian band yet.
    Ne Obliviscaris - They want on badly and are set to announce NA tour for next year.
    Opeth - Mikael is good friends with Katatonia, would be awesome to see him share vocal duties with Nick for the Bloodbath shows! Martin Axenrot is already onbroad.
    70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
    MY.LITTLE.WISHLIST_____**CAPS=MOST.WANTED**
    /-3.Inches.of.Blood.(Reunion)-/1914-/-ABBATH-/-Abysmal.Dawn-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMON.AMARTH-/-Amorphis-/-ARCHSPIRE-/-Armored.Saint-/-Asphyx-/-At.the.Gates-/-AUTOPSY-/-Battlelore-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Fast-/-Bölzer-/-CARCASS-/-CATTLE.DECAPITATION-/-Cloak-/-Craven.Idol-/-Crypt.Sermon-/-Critical.Mess-/-DARK.FORTRESS-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Demonical-/-Desaster-/-Deserted.Fear-/-DESTROYER.666-/-DISMEMBER-/-Draconian-/-Drakwald-/-DYING.FETUS-/-Dyscarnate-/-Gatecreeper-/-Finntroll-/-GHOUL-/-Goatwhore-/-GOJIRA-/-Gorod-/-Grave-/-Gruesome-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Hath-/-High.on.Fire-/-Hooded.Menace-/-HORRENDOUS-/-Horrified-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Immolation-/-Inanimate.Existence-/-Insomnium-/-Jungle.Rot-/-Kaoteon-/-Katatonia-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Khemmis-/-King.Goat-/-King.of.Asgard-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-LEGION.OF.THE.DAMNED-/-LIK-/-Magic.Circle-/-Mammoth.Grinder-/-Master-/-Mastodon-/-MGLA-/-MIDNIGHT-/-MISERY.INDEX-/-Moonspell-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Necrophobic-/-Necrot-/-Okkultist-/-Orange.Goblin-/-Ossuarium-/-Outre.Tomb-/-Possessed-/-Powerwolf-/-PRIMORDIAL-/-Protector-/-Psycroptic-/-Revocation-/-Ripper-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Ruby.the.Hatchet-/-Sacred.Monster-/-SATAN-/-Skálmöld-/-Skeletal.Remains-/-SOEN-/-SULPHUR.AEON-/-Taake-/-TANKARD-/-Temple.of.Void-/-Testament-/-The.Crown-/-THULCANDRA-/-Thyrfing-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tribulation-/-Uada-/-Unleashed-/-VADER-/-Venom.Inc.-/-Watain-/-Xentrix/{white=booked}/{red=ruled.out}
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:39 am

Amaranthe, Horrendous and Draconian would make me a happy little wookiee.
    I really do hope that folk and thrash will be underrepresented this time round. We've had way too many of those on the past cruises. And there's already six or so thrash-y bands onbroad. 10% of the lineup seems more than fair seeing how this year was a total nightmare.

What I would hope we see among the last 20 bands is some old school death metal. So far we have no U.S. dm bands onbroad. And while Bloodbath is ok, they are nowhere near Sweden's finest death metal bands. Insision, Cut Up, Dead Awaken, Puteraeon... And no Dutch dm either. Ok, Asphyx or Hail of Bullets are highly unlikely, but there are lots of awesome bands in the Netherlands.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • zeitgeist777
    Oiler

by zeitgeist777 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:49 am

"Predictions" : dark angel / Thrash or die / Solstice / Amaranthe / Leaves'eyes / Razor / Kreator / King diamond / The skull / possessed / terrorizer / nuclear assault ...
  • SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:09 pm

zeitgeist777 wrote:"Predictions" : dark angel / Thrash or die / Solstice / Amaranthe / Leaves'eyes / Razor / Kreator / King diamond / The skull / possessed / terrorizer / nuclear assault ...

King Diamond? Keep dreaming big, man. :P

In all seriousness, I would LOVE that.

We could possibly get Havok. They're doing a "fuck the East Coast" tour this fall, dates end well before the boat and they might as well make it up to the rest of us by doing the cruise. ;)
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
  • zeitgeist777
    Oiler

by zeitgeist777 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:26 am

King Diamond is a wish/dream/hope much more than a prediction, yup
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:16 am

My hopes:

Undertow, Tiamat, Leaves'Eyes, Dark Fortress, Ne Obliviscaris, Ahab, Opeth, Ektomorf, MGLA, Orphaned Land
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board.
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:03 am

Nuclear Assault
    Atrophy
    ST or D.R.I.
    Thy Darkened Shade
    Tiamat
    Accept
    Eluveitie
    Armored Saint
    Autopsy
    Broken Hope

That would totally make this the best line up for me.
    I would be happy with just one of them.
    Fukk, I am happy all ready
    :bmhorns: :shred: :beerbang:
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    Mal2000
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mal2000 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:29 am

Azazel101 wrote:Nuclear Assault

Very unlikely they would come. I spoke with John and he can't do any shows during school time. 70k 2016 is not during NYC high school vacation :(

I would love to have:
    Ne Obliviscaris
    Decapitated
    The Hunted
    Angelcorpse
    Sarpanitum - hey, I can dream :)
    Monstrosity
    AEON
    Solstice
    Immolation
    and Cripper award candidate - Stortregn
    70K 2012, Barge to Hell, 70K 2014, 70K 2016, 70K 2018, 70K 2019, 70K 2020, 70K 2023
    cronos23462
    Oiler

by cronos23462 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:52 am

amon amarth, soulution .45, scar symmetry, mercenary, venom inc, will be next
    soilwork ,scar symmetry ,solution .45,dream evil, overkill, accept, venom inc,
  • zeitgeist777
    Oiler

by zeitgeist777 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:17 am

Mal2000 wrote:Angelcorpse
    Split
    Mal2000 wrote:Monstrosity
    Ruled out
    Mal2000 wrote:Solstice
    Immolation
    Would be really good !
    Mal2000
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mal2000 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:49 am

zeitgeist777 wrote:
    Mal2000 wrote:Angelcorpse
    Split

You should get yourself updated.
    They announced tour 2016 on their FB site. Dates to be announced.

https://www.facebook.com/ANGELCORPSE666 ... L/timeline
    70K 2012, Barge to Hell, 70K 2014, 70K 2016, 70K 2018, 70K 2019, 70K 2020, 70K 2023
    Kingslayer
    Chief Petty Officer

by Kingslayer » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:45 am

Fingers crossed for:
    Accept
    Amon Amarth
    Candlemass (to fill in the gaping doom void)
    Death Angel
    DoomSword (would make a fantastic Cripper candidate)
    Eluveitie
    Gloryhammer
    Pentagram
    Powerwolf
    Testament
    2016: 9231
    2017: 6521
    2018: Don't even remember

Wishlist: Candlemass, Devin Townsend Project, Doomsword, Dzo-nga, Ex Deo, Gloryhammer, Grand Magus, Hypocrisy, King Diamond, Nile, Powerwolf, Primordial, Running Wild, Steel Panther
  • zeitgeist777
    Oiler

by zeitgeist777 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:17 pm

Mal2000 wrote:You should get yourself updated.
    They announced tour 2016 on their FB site. Dates to be announced.
    https://www.facebook.com/ANGELCORPSE666 ... L/timeline
    Whouah, great !
  • headlinerluxi
    Petty Officer

by headlinerluxi » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:09 am

some of my hopes :

magnum
    dokken
    kreator
    mob rules
    powerwolf
    disturbed
    malmsteen
    tesla
    triumph
    metal church

let's go Andy... :wank: :wank: :wank:
    2012 survivor
    2013 survivor
    2014 survivor
    2016 survivor
    2018 survivor
    2019 !!!
    Savatage Queensryche Powerwolf Dokken Megadeth Mob Rules UDO Wasp Ripper Owens Tesla Y&T Armored Saint Testament Iced Earth Sabaton DAD Tesla Cinderella Brainstorm
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:24 pm

Bands I'd (realistically) like to see added:

Ne Obliviscaris -- there's a nice 70K-sized hole in their U.S. tourdates with CoF, too
      Luciferan Light Orchestra -- I know Christofer Johnsson from Therion would love to come back
      Orphaned Land
      Gloryhammer -- because Chris. Also, they'll be in the U.S. later in the year anyway for ProgPower
      Eluveitie
      Primordial
      Dimmu Borgir or better yet, Old Man's Child
      Mors Principium Est
      Omnium Gatherum
      Fear Factory
      ...and everyone else in my wish-list, let's be honest :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
  • big perken
    Crewman

by big perken » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:03 am

If you look at all the past lineups there is a serious lack of 80's early 90's thrash. I'd say Asssassin, Sacrifice, Viking, Wrath, Sadus or Morbid Saint. Any combo of those would fill the need yet not be big names.
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:21 am

Pellaz wrote:Eluveitie
    Primordial
    Mors Principium Est
    Omnium Gatherum
    [/list]
    I'd be happy about any of these. Based largely on the bands whose latest releases I'm digging, I'd love to Amorphis, Cattle Decapitation, Iron Savior, Kataklysm, Marduk, and Visigoth.
    ***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine
    metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalmaciejmetal » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:27 am

So far out of 40 there are only 4 non European bands. Iced Earth, Jag Panzer, Manila Road from the US and Krisiun from Brazil. Im going to guess the next 20 will be mainly American.

I'm hoping for some Canadian representation. What about:
    Kataklysm
    Crimson Shadows
    Beyond Creation
    Gorguts
    Augury
    Infernal Majesty

They all sound like reasonable options
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:55 pm

General Zod wrote:
    Pellaz wrote:Eluveitie
    Primordial
    Mors Principium Est
    Omnium Gatherum
    [/list]
    I'd be happy about any of these. Based largely on the bands whose latest releases I'm digging, I'd love to Amorphis, Cattle Decapitation, Iron Savior, Kataklysm, Marduk, and Visigoth.

Unfortunately, Amorphis performed last 70K (and were indeed awesome), so no chance for 2016. :cry:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:47 pm

metalmaciejmetal wrote:So far out of 40 there are only 4 non European bands. Iced Earth, Jag Panzer, Manila Road from the US and Krisiun from Brazil. Im going to guess the next 20 will be mainly American.

I'm hoping for some Canadian representation. What about:
    Kataklysm
    Crimson Shadows
    Beyond Creation
    Gorguts
    Augury
    Infernal Majesty

They all sound like reasonable options

You make a really valid point about the non-european bands!

Previously there has always been nearly a quarter of the bands on the lineup from USA/Canada.

Doesn't bode well for me as I have zero bands on my bucketlist from there - wouldn't mind seeing Unleash The Archers on broad though!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Thrashmania
    Crewman

by Thrashmania » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:22 pm

metalmaciejmetal wrote:Infernal Majesty

If we're pull from our northern friends, give me them and:

Razor
    Exciter
    Revenge
    Blasphemy
    Antediluvian
    Auroch
    70k 2012, Barge 2012, 70k 2015, 70k 2016, 70k 2017
  • hub66
    Wiper

by hub66 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:24 am

I'd like to see :

Nightwish
    Amorphis
    Symphony X
    Therion
    Kamelot
    Devin Townsend
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:08 am

hub66 wrote:I'd like to see :

Nightwish
    Amorphis
    Symphony X
    Therion
    Kamelot
    Devin Townsend

Amorphis and Therion are no chance at all - they were on this year and 70k don't repeat bands the following year.

Kamelot highly unlikely as there was some serious lack of communication between the two parties last year and there might still be some bad blood.

Symphony X, Nightwish and Devin are all possible although I think those names might be too 'big'. I would say Symphony X and/or Devin would be most likely (due to the lack of USA/Cananda acts on broad at present)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:18 pm

Devin I think is pretty unlikely, because he is supposed to be recording something this winter. I also think he would have been part of the first announcements. Maybe he isn't completely out of the running, but I'm not holding out hope.
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
    hornile
    Oiler

by hornile » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:37 am

cowboy71 wrote:
    Symphony X, Nightwish and Devin are all possible although I think those names might be too 'big'. I would say Symphony X and/or Devin would be most likely (due to the lack of USA/Cananda acts on broad at present)

Nightwish have been on the boat before (I think 2012?) and their tour dates show a fine gap during the cruise.
    Symphony X are in my opinion not "too big", I remember Slayer on BTH, so probably no one's really too big. Ok, Metallica would be...they'd need their own boat for Lars' ego...so...ruled out!
    70k 2013 survivor
    (cabin 6040)

70k 2015 survivor
    (cabin 7275)

70k 2016 survivor
    (cabin 9284)

70k 2019 survived

70k 2020 survived

70k 2023 survived

70k 2024 ....of course!!!!
  • DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:52 pm

hornile wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:

Nightwish have been on the boat before (I think 2012?) and their tour dates show a fine gap during the cruise.
    Symphony X are in my opinion not "too big", I remember Slayer on BTH, so probably no one's really too big. Ok, Metallica would be...they'd need their own boat for Lars' ego...so...ruled out!

Nightwish did indeed play 2012

Symphony X are certainly not too big as they already played 70k 2014.

Slayer playing Barge to Hell? Sorry, never happened. Slayer recently played Motorboat with Anthrax and Exodus, so I would say those bands along with Testament who played Motorboat the year before are probably too big.

As far as all of you requesting Metal Church...they're already playing the Monsters of Rock cruise a few weeks after our cruise, so that's probably not going to happen this year.
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
  • DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:01 pm

Oh yeah, as far as my hopes go (I will not predict anything UMC may or may not do for they have proven unpredictable to me for the most part) here's 20 of mine:

Sacrifice
    Toxik
    Liege Lord
    Nocturnus
    Thanatos
    Destroyer 666
    Possessed
    Fates Warning
    Shadow Gallery
    Borknagar
    Limbonic Art
    Scanner
    Summoning
    Old Man's Child
    Running Wild
    Loudness
    Sabbat (UK and JP)
    Manegarm
    Witchery
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
  • FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:04 am

Man, even if your list is half of bands that never play live, I love it. It's real metal.

DJ Old Man Stares wrote:Oh yeah, as far as my hopes go (I will not predict anything UMC may or may not do for they have proven unpredictable to me for the most part) here's 20 of mine:

Sacrifice
    Toxik
    Liege Lord
    Nocturnus
    Thanatos
    Destroyer 666
    Possessed
    Fates Warning
    Shadow Gallery
    Borknagar
    Limbonic Art
    Scanner
    Summoning
    Old Man's Child
    Running Wild
    Loudness
    Sabbat (UK and JP)
    Manegarm
    Witchery
    2019 for ABBATH+AGENT STEEL+CORONATUS+DARK ANGEL+DARK SARAH+KING DIAMOND+LEE AARON+LITA FORD+MIDNATTSOL+NECRODEATH+NOCTURNUS+ONSLAUGHT+PARADOX+REPULSION+SACRIFICE+THE DARK ELEMENT+VENOM INC.
  • DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:29 am

Haha, youre list isn't too bad either. Yeah I think five of them on mine aren't even possible like Limbonic Art and Summoning. Sometimes its great to have expectations that nobody can live up to. :mrgreen:

FrenchMachoBoy wrote:Man, even if your list is half of bands that never play live, I love it. It's real metal.

DJ Old Man Stares wrote:Oh yeah, as far as my hopes go (I will not predict anything UMC may or may not do for they have proven unpredictable to me for the most part) here's 20 of mine:

Sacrifice
    Toxik
    Liege Lord
    Nocturnus
    Thanatos
    Destroyer 666
    Possessed
    Fates Warning
    Shadow Gallery
    Borknagar
    Limbonic Art
    Scanner
    Summoning
    Old Man's Child
    Running Wild
    Loudness
    Sabbat (UK and JP)
    Manegarm
    Witchery
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:59 pm

DJ Old Man Stares wrote:
    hornile wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:

Nightwish did indeed play 2012

Symphony X are certainly not too big as they already played 70k 2014.

Slayer playing Barge to Hell? Sorry, never happened. Slayer recently played Motorboat with Anthrax and Exodus, so I would say those bands along with Testament who played Motorboat the year before are probably too big.

As far as all of you requesting Metal Church...they're already playing the Monsters of Rock cruise a few weeks after our cruise, so that's probably not going to happen this year.

Testament played the first 70K and Exodus has been on twice so they aren't too big for the ship.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:58 pm

Updating my list - reckon the next lot of announcements is close!

My PREDICTIONS

MORE THRASH - only 1 or 2 so far, compared to about 15 this year.
    MORE PROG - nothing yet, compared to 2 or 3 this year.
    MORE HARD ROCK - nothing yet, compared to 4 this year.
    MORE CRIPPER AWARD NOMINEES - probably only 3 or 4 so far compared to 15 or so this year.
    - Gloryhammer!!
    MORE FOLK - another under-represented sub-genrre

Some specific predictions

ACCEPT - members on board previously. Would fill the 'hard rock' void.
    AMARANTHE - heavily rumoured.
    ELUVEITIE - Would fill the folk void.
    GLORYHAMMER - new album, Chris loves the boat, we love the Chris. nuff said.
    HAVOK - cruiser spoke to them and they are negotiating with UMC. Would fill the thrash void.
    KREATOR - because, thrash
    MAGNUM - wishful thinking on my behalf, but would fill the 'classic hard rock' void.
    METAL CHURCH - almost on in 2015
    SONATA ARCTICA - another hot rumour
    SYMPHONY X - fills the prog void
    THRASH OR DIE - fits the thrash void and the cripper-award void.
    Last edited by cowboy71 on Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:17 am

^Exodus seems to be ruled out luckily.

I'm expecting to see two or three U.S. death metal bands. Would love to see some more underground death metal from Europe too, but not holding my breath. If we do get any European death, it's more likely some more thrash-y bands like Bodyfarm or Thanatos.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:37 am

Memnoch wrote:^Exodus seems to be ruled out luckily.

Ah thats right forgot about that.

Yay.

:D
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    spooky
    Petty Officer

by spooky » Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:37 pm

Nightwish
    Amorphis
    Symphony X
    Therion
    Kamelot
    Devin Townsend

...i like your list! :3drunks:
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2021: FUCK COVID
    2022: FUCK COVID
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:09 pm

Nightwish
    Amorphis
    Symphony X
    Therion
    Kamelot
    Devin Townsend

Unfortunately Amorphis and Therion can be ruled out since they played last year.......
    ....BUT, Christofer Johnsson's new side-project, Luciferan Light Orchestra, sounds a lot like Therion and were NOT on the boat last year. THAT would be nifty, and he told me he'd love to come back again in 2016.
    2025 Wishlist:
    Rjturtle9
    Crewman

by Rjturtle9 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:46 pm

I hope the old DRI rumor turns out to be true. If any of the bands on our wish list gets added I'll probably freak out though since this lineup is already stacked. Come on Kreator :mrgreen:
    Angra-Amon Amarth-Autopsy-Cancer-Cavalera Conspiracy-Chthonic-Coroner-Iron Reagan-Kreator-Masacre-Mayham-Necrophagist-Nightwish-Nuclear Assault-Obituary-Obscura-Onslaught-Overkill-Pagans Mind-Razor-Revocation-Sonata Arctica-Toxik-Ulver-Unisonic
    feanorfelagund
    Crewman

by feanorfelagund » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:02 am

So many people calling for Amon Amarth is getting me hopeful.
    "Mirror mirror on the wall
    True hope lies beyond the coast
    You're a damned kind, can't you see
    That tomorrow bears insanity?"
    epartos
    Petty Officer

by epartos » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:03 am

Rjturtle9 wrote:Come on Kreator :mrgreen:

I second this!!
    Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

Get these guys on the boat: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKLKzE77YrM
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:56 am

Cannibal Corpse, Obituary, Cryptopsy, Abysmal Dawn just announced a tour starting on February 12th in Atlanta. I know because of the no repeated band from 2015 rule that CC won't be on, but maybe the others???
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:11 pm

meshuggah wrote:Cannibal Corpse, Obituary, Cryptopsy, Abysmal Dawn just announced a tour starting on February 12th in Atlanta. I know because of the no repeated band from 2015 rule that CC won't be on, but maybe the others???

It's a possibility, definitely, and we could use a few more deathy bands. They wouldn't break Andy's bank, either.

That's the first I'd heard of that tourdate here, and after I added it to the concert calendar (http://www.wrekage.org/events.php), I couldn't help but notice how many 70K bands' shows are lining up here before and after the cruise. Bands that are ON the cruise (CoF, Carach Angren, Epica, Fleshgod Apocalypse, At the Gates) and bands we'd really LIKE to see on the boat (Ne Obliviscaris, Decapitated, Obituary....)
    2025 Wishlist: