Post Reply 130 posts
dit you booked your hotel
  • User avatar
    jurjenmetal
    Oiler
    Posts: 39
    Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:43 pm
    Location: netherlands

    dit you booked your hotel

    by jurjenmetal » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:43 am

    i was just wondering wich hotel you are staying at
    2014 cabin 2026
    2016 cabin 7300
    2019 cabin 9401
  • User avatar
    biertroll
    Midshipman
    Posts: 790
    Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 5:36 pm
    Location: Las Vegas, NV
    Contact:

    Re: dit you booked your hotel

    by biertroll » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:55 am

    Riptide & Ocean Manor (one at each) due to the preparty possibly moving to the Land-by-the-Sea area.

    My cabin's not even booked :lol:
    70000tons 2018 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx, Warbringer

    Deck ? 2018
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17. MDF 13,14,15.
  • User avatar
    jurjenmetal
    Oiler
    Posts: 39
    Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:43 pm
    Location: netherlands

    Re: dit you booked your hotel

    by jurjenmetal » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:54 am

    we booked at the quality inn & suite a couple off miles from the riptide
    2014 cabin 2026
    2016 cabin 7300
    2019 cabin 9401
  • User avatar
    SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 466
    Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:05 pm
    Location: Rochester, NY

    Re: dit you booked your hotel

    by SaraMarie » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:42 am

    I booked at The Caribbean months ago, I'm able to cancel it, it's just to hold a spot on Hollywood Beach. Last year I was at The Historic, anyone reading this, do yourself a favor and don't book there man, it was kinda okay but fucked in some ways, sticky floor and the breakfast waitress was having a breakdown.

    I kind of hope we stay in Hollywood but understand if the party moves elsewhere.
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
  • User avatar
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 506
    Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:41 pm
    Location: Erickson, Manitoba

    Re: dit you booked your hotel

    by acidbasement » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:43 am

    Do not stay at the Chocolate Hostel.

    Their cancellation policy is very restrictive, and they don't answer their phone 99% of the time, meaning that if you were able to reserve with them by some miracle, you will almost definitely not be able to contact them in time to cancel for a refund.
    Brothers.of.Metal-/-Vintersorg-/-Stam1na-/-Demons.and.Wizards-/-Brymir-/-Powerwolf-/-Moonspell-/-Therion-/-Finntroll-/-Eisbrecher-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Teräsbetoni-/-Fejd-/-Avantasia-/-Edguy-/-Grai-/-Astral.Doors-/-Civil.War-/-Nodfyr-/-Scarab-/-Mono.Inc.-/-Kontrust-/-Gloryhammer-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Heathen.Foray-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-The.Dread.Crew.Of.Oddwood-/-Turisas-/-Deathstars-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-Vogelfrey
  • klons
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 546
    Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:59 pm
    Location: Squamish, BC
    Contact:

    Re: dit you booked your hotel

    by klons » Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:10 pm

    Booked the Marlin (no bloody cancellations...), before the potential change to Lauderdale BTS.
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Survivor.
  • User avatar
    Pellaz
    Ensign
    Posts: 1440
    Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:36 pm
    Location: Georgia, USA
    Contact:

    Re: dit you booked your hotel

    by Pellaz » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:40 am

    jurjenmetal wrote:we booked at the quality inn & suite a couple off miles from the riptide


    That's where we stayed last year, and we'll probably do it again. Really can't argue with the location, especially if you're driving in like we will be. (Free parking and free shuttle to the pier doesn't hurt, either.)

    It was pretty close to the Riptide last year, but won't be too close to North FLL if the beach party ends up there.
    2019 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Bloodbath--Borknagar--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Eluveitie
    --Emperor--Ensiferum--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Exmortus--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Kalmah--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--
    Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Novembers.Doom--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Yyrkoon--1349
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Booked!
  • User avatar
    jurjenmetal
    Oiler
    Posts: 39
    Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:43 pm
    Location: netherlands

    Re: dit you booked your hotel

    by jurjenmetal » Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:04 am

    Pellaz wrote:
    jurjenmetal wrote:we booked at the quality inn & suite a couple off miles from the riptide


    That's where we stayed last year, and we'll probably do it again. Really can't argue with the location, especially if you're driving in like we will be. (Free parking and free shuttle to the pier doesn't hurt, either.)

    It was pretty close to the Riptide last year, but won't be too close to North FLL if the beach party ends up there.




    maybe if there are more metalheads at the quality inn we can arrange some taxi or a bus
    2014 cabin 2026
    2016 cabin 7300
    2019 cabin 9401
  • User avatar
    Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Posts: 1703
    Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:29 pm
    Location: Calgary, AB, Canada

    Re: dit you booked your hotel

    by Phoenix » Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:23 am

    y'all might want to hold off on booking your hotel if you're trying to get close to the beach party - it's looking like it's going to be somewhere different this year. Dorothy is still working everything out but her talks with Riptide have basically concluded that it'll be better to have the beach party on what essentially amounts to a private beach, not on the broadwalk. I forget where though.
    Allegaeon-†-Amorphis-†-BabyMetal-†-CHTHONIC-†-Fallujah-†-Gojira-†-IN.VAIN-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-MORS.PRINCIPIUM.EST-†-Ne.Obliviscaris-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Omnium.Gatherum-†-Pain-†-Persefone-†-Scar.Symmetry-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Tengger.Cavalry-†-Trollfest-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-
  • User avatar
    manooel
    Oiler
    Posts: 47
    Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:17 pm
    Location: Mexico

    Re: dit you booked your hotel

    by manooel » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:00 am

    We just booked an apartment near Hollywood Beach using AirBnb. There are a lot a places to stay in and some much cheaper than a hotel. If someone is interested and do not have an account I can send you an invite and they'll take off $25 of your first trip. :cheers:
    70k 2015 - Cabin #6668
    70k 2016 - Cabin #6111
    70k 2017 - Cabin #6513
    70k 2018 - Cabin #6521
    70k 2019 - Cabin #6659
  • User avatar
    biertroll
    Midshipman
    Posts: 790
    Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 5:36 pm
    Location: Las Vegas, NV
    Contact:

    Re: dit you booked your hotel

    by biertroll » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:47 pm

    Image

    Group rates per Dorothy :beerbang:
    70000tons 2018 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx, Warbringer

    Deck ? 2018
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17. MDF 13,14,15.
  • User avatar
    biertroll
    Midshipman
    Posts: 790
    Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 5:36 pm
    Location: Las Vegas, NV
    Contact:

    Re: dit you booked your hotel

    by biertroll » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:19 pm

    Cancelled our room at Riptide. Three nights at Ocean Manor is $666 :bmhorns:
    70000tons 2018 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx, Warbringer

    Deck ? 2018
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17. MDF 13,14,15.
  • User avatar
    Castroh
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 485
    Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:42 pm
    Location: Chicago, IL

    Re: dit you booked your hotel

    by Castroh » Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:08 am

    Our group just booked at the Hollywood Beach Suites Hostel and Hotel. Did anyone stay there last year? If so, I'd appreciate a quick review. Cheers :cheers:
    2012 - 2018 Survivor
    2019 - Yup!
    Wishlist: It doesn’t matter. Let’s just party with our metal family once a year and quit the bitching!
  • User avatar
    liser
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 102
    Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:10 pm

    Re: dit you booked your hotel

    by liser » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:06 pm

    Castroh wrote:Our group just booked at the Hollywood Beach Suites Hostel and Hotel. Did anyone stay there last year? If so, I'd appreciate a quick review. Cheers :cheers:


    I stayed there last year and really liked it. We're staying there again after the cruise. Simple room but it was cheap and clean and staff were helpful. The WiFi never worked though. The location is good and it's next door to the best taco place ever.
    Alestorm/Amon-Amarth/Arch-Enemy/Amorphis/Arkona/Blind-Guardian/Cancer-Bats/Cattle-Decapitation/Dimmu-Borgir/Dragonforce/Eluveitie/Ensiferum/Equilibriumor/Fear-Factory/Finntroll/Gormathon/Hypocrisy/In-Extremo/Insomnium/Iron-Reagan/Korpiklaani/Kreator/Manowar/Mayan/Melechesh/Nashville-Pussy/Ne-Obliviscaris/Nekrogoblikon/Nightwish/Powerwolf/Rotting-Christ/Sabaton/Septicflesh/Soulfly/Stam1na/Suicidal-Tendencies/Tau-Cross/Triptykon/Turmion-Katilot/Wintersun
  • User avatar
    Castroh
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 485
    Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:42 pm
    Location: Chicago, IL

    Re: dit you booked your hotel

    by Castroh » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:20 pm

    liser wrote:
    Castroh wrote:Our group just booked at the Hollywood Beach Suites Hostel and Hotel. Did anyone stay there last year? If so, I'd appreciate a quick review. Cheers :cheers:


    I stayed there last year and really liked it. We're staying there again after the cruise. Simple room but it was cheap and clean and staff were helpful. The WiFi never worked though. The location is good and it's next door to the best taco place ever.

    Perfect, glad to hear it isn't a dump.
    2012 - 2018 Survivor
    2019 - Yup!
    Wishlist: It doesn’t matter. Let’s just party with our metal family once a year and quit the bitching!
  • User avatar
    MikeB
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 193
    Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:07 am
    Location: Montreal (Canada)
    Contact:

    Re: dit you booked your hotel

    by MikeB » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:21 pm

    Castroh wrote:Our group just booked at the Hollywood Beach Suites Hostel and Hotel. Did anyone stay there last year? If so, I'd appreciate a quick review. Cheers :cheers:


    I was there last year after the Historic Hollywood Beach Resort screwed our reservation. It was a good and cheap place. I had no problem at all with the WiFi.
    I have some very blurry pics of my room
    Image

    Image

    This year, I booked 2 nights at the Ocean Manor where the pre-party will be
    2015: Cabin 9527
    2016: Cabin 9219
    2017: Cabin 9675
    2018: Cabin 8215
    2019: Cabin 7449
  • User avatar
    Castroh
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 485
    Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:42 pm
    Location: Chicago, IL

    Re: dit you booked your hotel

    by Castroh » Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:54 pm

    I can definitely pass out there! :shots:
    Thanks for the pics!
    2012 - 2018 Survivor
    2019 - Yup!
    Wishlist: It doesn’t matter. Let’s just party with our metal family once a year and quit the bitching!
  • User avatar
    alex_canada
    Ensign
    Posts: 1133
    Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:23 pm
    Location: Winnipeg

    Re: dit you booked your hotel

    by alex_canada » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:10 pm

    Historic Hollywood Beach was pretty good, I booked there again for 2016 before I knew the preparty was moved. It would be nice to share a ride one way.
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
  • Jotunheimr
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 623
    Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:54 pm
    Location: Reno, Nevada
    Contact:

    Re: dit you booked your hotel

    by Jotunheimr » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:12 pm

    I'm probably going to end up at the Ocean Manor assuming they don't sell out by then. :lol:
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2019: 7511

    AmonAmarth-/-Arcturus-/-
    Arkona-/-Behemoth-/-BlindGuardian-/-Borknagar-/-COB-/-Daath-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Dragonforce-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Falkenbach-/-Fallujah-/-Fejd-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-GammaRay-/-Glittertind-/-Haggard-/-Hammerfall-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Kampfar-/-Krisiun-/-Lumsk-/-Moonsorrow-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OctoberFalls-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-Savatage-/-Skalmold-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-Stratovarius-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Venom-/-Watain-/-Waylander-/-Wintersun-/-WormOuroboros-/-YngwieJMalmsteen
  • User avatar
    Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 472
    Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:53 am
    Location: Ontario, Canada

    Re: dit you booked your hotel

    by Hoppy McGee » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:34 am

    We had already booked the Royal Beach Palace Hotel which looks like it is about a 10 minute walk from the Ocean Manor.

    Does anyone know if everyone will be granted access to the beach.....or is it only for guests of the Ocean Manor? Will there be an entrance fee?

    May cancel the room at Royal Beach and spend the extra $s to book at the Ocean Manor if it's going to be too much of a hassle.....

    We also booked the Hollywood Hostel for a couple of days after the cruise. Looks like the perfect place to relax and recharge for a couple of days before catching a flight back home. And it's CHEAP!!! :D
    70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
    /-Abbath-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-Abysmal.Dawn-/-Allegeaon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Archspire-/-Asphyx-/-At.the.Gates--Autopsy-/-Avatar-/-Battlelore-/-Behemoth-/-Be'lakor-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Fast-/-Bloodbath-/-Bölzer-/-Borknagar-/-Cancer-/-Carcass-/-Cattle.Decapitation-\-Cloak-\-Cormorant-/-Craven.Idol-/-Cut.Up-/-Cytotoxin-/-Dark.Fortress-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dawn.of.Disease-/-Daylight.Dies-/-Decapitated-/-Decrepit.Birth-/-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Demonical-/-Demons.and.Wizards-/-Desaster-/-Deströyer.666-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dismember-/-Draconian-/-Drakwald-/-Dying.Fetus-/-Dyscarnate-/-Elder-/-Enforcer-/-Entombed-/-Entrails-/-Finntroll-/-Firespawn-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Grand.Magus-/-God.Dethroned-/-Gorguts-/-Grave-/-Gutter.Instinct-/-High.on.Fire-/-Horrendous-/-Horrified-/-Huntress-/-Hypocrisy-/-Ihsahn-/-Immolation-/-Jungle.Rot-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Khemmis-/-King.Goat-/-King.of.Asgard-/-Kvelertak-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Legion.of.the.Damned-/-LIK-/-Machine.Head-/-Magic.Circle-/-Master-/-Mastodon-/-Memoriam-/-Mgla-/-Midnight-/-Misery.Index-/-Moonspell-/-Mors.Principium.Est-/-Morta.Skuld-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Necrot-/-Obituary-/-Paradise.Lost-/-Primordial-/-Protector-/-Replacaire-/-Revocation-/-Ripper-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Ruby.the.Hatchet-/-Satan-/-Skálmöld-/-Skeletonwitch-/-Skeletal.Remains-/Slayer-/-Sodom-/-Sólstafir-/-Soen-/-Sulphur.Aeon-/-Taake-/-Tankard-/-The.Lurking.Fear-/-Thulcandra-/-Tribulation-/-Unleashed-/-Usurpress-/-Vader-/-Vampire-/-Venom.Inc.-/-Watain-
  • User avatar
    SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 466
    Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:05 pm
    Location: Rochester, NY

    Re: dit you booked your hotel

    by SaraMarie » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:44 am

    Hoppy McGee wrote:We had already booked the Royal Beach Palace Hotel which looks like it is about a 10 minute walk from the Ocean Manor.

    Does anyone know if everyone will be granted access to the beach.....or is it only for guests of the Ocean Manor? Will there be an entrance fee?

    May cancel the room at Royal Beach and spend the extra $s to book at the Ocean Manor if it's going to be too much of a hassle.....

    We also booked the Hollywood Hostel for a couple of days after the cruise. Looks like the perfect place to relax and recharge for a couple of days before catching a flight back home. And it's CHEAP!!! :D


    Hey from what I read, and this makes the most sense, anybody can come to the beach party whether they are booked at that hotel or not. Dorothy wouldn't have planned it there otherwise.

    I'm booked at the same hotel as you, Monday thru cruise day. I like to be able to hide from the partying a little if I want, and it's a bit cheaper and seems to have decent rooms. Mine even has a little balcony although from what I hear the view will be of the CVS.
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
  • User avatar
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Posts: 1906
    Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:14 pm
    Location: London, England.
    Contact:

    Re: dit you booked your hotel

    by doomguy » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:14 am

    Castroh wrote:
    liser wrote:
    Castroh wrote:Our group just booked at the Hollywood Beach Suites Hostel and Hotel. Did anyone stay there last year? If so, I'd appreciate a quick review. Cheers :cheers:


    I stayed there last year and really liked it. We're staying there again after the cruise. Simple room but it was cheap and clean and staff were helpful. The WiFi never worked though. The location is good and it's next door to the best taco place ever.

    Perfect, glad to hear it isn't a dump.

    It's clean and tidy, the WiFi worked well from the reception area, but from my personal experience the staff aren't helpful at all. They have a no cash policy, so charge a $50 "deposit" to your card, which they may not give back, as it is in my case. And they ignore e-mails. Still, even with the deposit it's probably cheaper than most other places, but I wouldn't recommend it based on my experience.
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

    2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
  • User avatar
    Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Posts: 1703
    Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:29 pm
    Location: Calgary, AB, Canada

    Re: dit you booked your hotel

    by Phoenix » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:17 am

    Hollywood Beach Hostel fit my needs just fine, but they double charged my credit card and I had to go through quite a few hoops to get it reversed. They did reverse it eventually, but I didn't quite get all the money back because of the American/Canadian exchange rate. You can book there, but keep an eye on your bank statement.

    But DO go to the attached Taco Beach Shack regardless. Can't give that place a high enough rating.
    Allegaeon-†-Amorphis-†-BabyMetal-†-CHTHONIC-†-Fallujah-†-Gojira-†-IN.VAIN-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-MORS.PRINCIPIUM.EST-†-Ne.Obliviscaris-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Omnium.Gatherum-†-Pain-†-Persefone-†-Scar.Symmetry-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Tengger.Cavalry-†-Trollfest-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-
  • User avatar
    Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 472
    Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:53 am
    Location: Ontario, Canada

    Re: dit you booked your hotel

    by Hoppy McGee » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:43 am

    SaraMarie wrote:Hey from what I read, and this makes the most sense, anybody can come to the beach party whether they are booked at that hotel or not. Dorothy wouldn't have planned it there otherwise.

    I'm booked at the same hotel as you, Monday thru cruise day. I like to be able to hide from the partying a little if I want, and it's a bit cheaper and seems to have decent rooms. Mine even has a little balcony although from what I hear the view will be of the CVS.


    Glad to hear this, Thanks!

    And yeah I agree that being able to escape the partying a little will be much needed. I want to go out to the party and meet some people pre-cruise but I definitely want to be able to step away and get some quiet time to catch some good sleep before the real party begins on the boat. :belly:
    70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
    /-Abbath-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-Abysmal.Dawn-/-Allegeaon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Archspire-/-Asphyx-/-At.the.Gates--Autopsy-/-Avatar-/-Battlelore-/-Behemoth-/-Be'lakor-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Fast-/-Bloodbath-/-Bölzer-/-Borknagar-/-Cancer-/-Carcass-/-Cattle.Decapitation-\-Cloak-\-Cormorant-/-Craven.Idol-/-Cut.Up-/-Cytotoxin-/-Dark.Fortress-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dawn.of.Disease-/-Daylight.Dies-/-Decapitated-/-Decrepit.Birth-/-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Demonical-/-Demons.and.Wizards-/-Desaster-/-Deströyer.666-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dismember-/-Draconian-/-Drakwald-/-Dying.Fetus-/-Dyscarnate-/-Elder-/-Enforcer-/-Entombed-/-Entrails-/-Finntroll-/-Firespawn-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Grand.Magus-/-God.Dethroned-/-Gorguts-/-Grave-/-Gutter.Instinct-/-High.on.Fire-/-Horrendous-/-Horrified-/-Huntress-/-Hypocrisy-/-Ihsahn-/-Immolation-/-Jungle.Rot-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Khemmis-/-King.Goat-/-King.of.Asgard-/-Kvelertak-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Legion.of.the.Damned-/-LIK-/-Machine.Head-/-Magic.Circle-/-Master-/-Mastodon-/-Memoriam-/-Mgla-/-Midnight-/-Misery.Index-/-Moonspell-/-Mors.Principium.Est-/-Morta.Skuld-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Necrot-/-Obituary-/-Paradise.Lost-/-Primordial-/-Protector-/-Replacaire-/-Revocation-/-Ripper-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Ruby.the.Hatchet-/-Satan-/-Skálmöld-/-Skeletonwitch-/-Skeletal.Remains-/Slayer-/-Sodom-/-Sólstafir-/-Soen-/-Sulphur.Aeon-/-Taake-/-Tankard-/-The.Lurking.Fear-/-Thulcandra-/-Tribulation-/-Unleashed-/-Usurpress-/-Vader-/-Vampire-/-Venom.Inc.-/-Watain-
  • User avatar
    SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 466
    Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:05 pm
    Location: Rochester, NY

    Re: dit you booked your hotel

    by SaraMarie » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:26 pm

    Hoppy McGee wrote:
    SaraMarie wrote:Hey from what I read, and this makes the most sense, anybody can come to the beach party whether they are booked at that hotel or not. Dorothy wouldn't have planned it there otherwise.

    I'm booked at the same hotel as you, Monday thru cruise day. I like to be able to hide from the partying a little if I want, and it's a bit cheaper and seems to have decent rooms. Mine even has a little balcony although from what I hear the view will be of the CVS.


    Glad to hear this, Thanks!

    And yeah I agree that being able to escape the partying a little will be much needed. I want to go out to the party and meet some people pre-cruise but I definitely want to be able to step away and get some quiet time to catch some good sleep before the real party begins on the boat. :belly:


    Hahaha, yes. Concerts on full cruising days go from like 10 am to 6 am, and the karaoke goes even later.

    What I will miss the most about Hollywood is the taco shop. Everything there is easily walkable and on the beach, too, but as others have said things close early and also I think we were scaring some of the locals, haha. Lots of old people living in the Historic Hollywood Resort building who were walking out clutching tiny old dogs.
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
  • User avatar
    biertroll
    Midshipman
    Posts: 790
    Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 5:36 pm
    Location: Las Vegas, NV
    Contact:

    Re: dit you booked your hotel

    by biertroll » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:06 pm

    I'm excited for the new location. Have a feeling I will care less for the rooms but the fact it will be real easy to get to Funky Buddah Brewing and Lazer Wolf well, moar beers moar good :party:
    70000tons 2018 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx, Warbringer

    Deck ? 2018
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17. MDF 13,14,15.
  • Mononc
    Wiper
    Posts: 5
    Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:38 am

    Re: dit you booked your hotel

    by Mononc » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:20 am

    Any hotel or motel that allows you to walk to the cruise?
  • User avatar
    biertroll
    Midshipman
    Posts: 790
    Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 5:36 pm
    Location: Las Vegas, NV
    Contact:

    Re: dit you booked your hotel

    by biertroll » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:31 am

    Mononc wrote:Any hotel or motel that allows you to walk to the cruise?

    Not suggested. (See last post)
    http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthre ... everglades

    I would try and find a hotel with a Port Shuttle included.

    Last year I booked a Super shuttle for about 7-8 people on my own from Riptide to Port Everglades, it ended up being like $7 a person? If you stay in a hotel with other cruisers it's fairly easy to get something set up.
    70000tons 2018 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx, Warbringer

    Deck ? 2018
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17. MDF 13,14,15.
  • User avatar
    Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Posts: 1703
    Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:29 pm
    Location: Calgary, AB, Canada

    Re: dit you booked your hotel

    by Phoenix » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:07 am

    biertroll wrote:
    Mononc wrote:Any hotel or motel that allows you to walk to the cruise?

    Not suggested. (See last post)
    http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthre ... everglades

    I would try and find a hotel with a Port Shuttle included.

    Last year I booked a Super shuttle for about 7-8 people on my own from Riptide to Port Everglades, it ended up being like $7 a person? If you stay in a hotel with other cruisers it's fairly easy to get something set up.


    The Hollywood Beach Hostel had that set up too. Five people was about 10 bucks each (before tip because our driver was awesome), and it was a great way for five first timers to make some boat friends.
    Allegaeon-†-Amorphis-†-BabyMetal-†-CHTHONIC-†-Fallujah-†-Gojira-†-IN.VAIN-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-MORS.PRINCIPIUM.EST-†-Ne.Obliviscaris-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Omnium.Gatherum-†-Pain-†-Persefone-†-Scar.Symmetry-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Tengger.Cavalry-†-Trollfest-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-
  • User avatar
    SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 466
    Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:05 pm
    Location: Rochester, NY

    Re: dit you booked your hotel

    by SaraMarie » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:01 pm

    biertroll wrote:
    Mononc wrote:Any hotel or motel that allows you to walk to the cruise?

    Not suggested. (See last post)
    http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthre ... everglades

    I would try and find a hotel with a Port Shuttle included.

    Last year I booked a Super shuttle for about 7-8 people on my own from Riptide to Port Everglades, it ended up being like $7 a person? If you stay in a hotel with other cruisers it's fairly easy to get something set up.


    At the Historic Hollywood we all just kind of lined up in front of the building and kept telling management to call more shuttles. People just got into them however. I jumped into one where I didn't know anyone in the van. Cost us $10 a head. I think it's best to walk to the nearest hotel with the most cruisers staying and just ask what's the shuttle situation. Definitely don't get your own cab.
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
  • User avatar
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 310
    Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 1:14 pm
    Location: Philadelphia

    Re: dit you booked your hotel

    by General Zod » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:01 am

    biertroll wrote:Cancelled our room at Riptide. Three nights at Ocean Manor is $666 :bmhorns:

    Newb question... do most people arrive in FL three days prior to the cruise?
    ***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine
  • User avatar
    biertroll
    Midshipman
    Posts: 790
    Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 5:36 pm
    Location: Las Vegas, NV
    Contact:

    Re: dit you booked your hotel

    by biertroll » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:15 am

    General Zod wrote:
    biertroll wrote:Cancelled our room at Riptide. Three nights at Ocean Manor is $666 :bmhorns:

    Newb question... do most people arrive in FL three days prior to the cruise?

    I'm getting in on the first and I know a few who are as well. I would say yes.

    You want to be in Florida on the 3rd at the latest. Lots of flights will get delayed due to Winter weather. Make sure you are in Florida anywhere because at most it's like a 9 hour drive across the state worst case scenario if your flight gets cancelled and you have to rent a car to make it to the boat.
    70000tons 2018 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx, Warbringer

    Deck ? 2018
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17. MDF 13,14,15.
  • User avatar
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 310
    Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 1:14 pm
    Location: Philadelphia

    Re: dit you booked your hotel

    by General Zod » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:18 am

    biertroll wrote:I'm getting in on the first and I know a few who are as well. I would say yes.

    You want to be in Florida on the 3rd at the latest. Lots of flights will get delayed due to Winter weather. Make sure you are in Florida anywhere because at most it's like a 9 hour drive across the state worst case scenario if your flight gets cancelled and you have to rent a car to make it to the boat.

    Awesome. I imagine we'll get in on the 1st as well. Thanks for the quick response.
    ***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine
  • User avatar
    biertroll
    Midshipman
    Posts: 790
    Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 5:36 pm
    Location: Las Vegas, NV
    Contact:

    Re: dit you booked your hotel

    by biertroll » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:18 am

    General Zod wrote:
    biertroll wrote:I'm getting in on the first and I know a few who are as well. I would say yes.

    You want to be in Florida on the 3rd at the latest. Lots of flights will get delayed due to Winter weather. Make sure you are in Florida anywhere because at most it's like a 9 hour drive across the state worst case scenario if your flight gets cancelled and you have to rent a car to make it to the boat.

    Awesome. I imagine we'll get in on the 1st as well. Thanks for the quick response.

    No trouble. I'm just at work. Not like there's anything else important to do :lol:
    70000tons 2018 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx, Warbringer

    Deck ? 2018
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17. MDF 13,14,15.
  • User avatar
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 310
    Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 1:14 pm
    Location: Philadelphia

    Re: dit you booked your hotel

    by General Zod » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:24 am

    biertroll wrote:No trouble. I'm just at work. Not like there's anything else important to do :lol:


    LOL. Same here; conference calls and metal cruises.
    ***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine
  • User avatar
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Posts: 1737
    Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:35 am
    Location: Fond du Lac/Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
    Contact:

    Re: dit you booked your hotel

    by Azazel101 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:38 am

    biertroll wrote:
    General Zod wrote:
    biertroll wrote:Cancelled our room at Riptide. Three nights at Ocean Manor is $666 :bmhorns:

    Newb question... do most people arrive in FL three days prior to the cruise?

    I'm getting in on the first and I know a few who are as well. I would say yes.

    You want to be in Florida on the 3rd at the latest. Lots of flights will get delayed due to Winter weather. Make sure you are in Florida anywhere because at most it's like a 9 hour drive across the state worst case scenario if your flight gets cancelled and you have to rent a car to make it to the boat.

    I, myself, like to spend two nights in Florida just too make sure I am their in time in case of flight delays
    besides the pre-parties
    :heavydrink:
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-Combichrist-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-MaxandIgor-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-AmonAmarth-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-NapalmDeath-/-Tiamat-/-Wilt-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-Cro-Mags-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR-/-Godflesh

    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/BTH
  • User avatar
    biertroll
    Midshipman
    Posts: 790
    Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 5:36 pm
    Location: Las Vegas, NV
    Contact:

    Re: dit you booked your hotel

    by biertroll » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:44 am

    Agreed, two or three days is good. Nice relaxing, beers, and food before the cruise where you will not get any sleep :lol:
    70000tons 2018 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx, Warbringer

    Deck ? 2018
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17. MDF 13,14,15.
  • User avatar
    jurjenmetal
    Oiler
    Posts: 39
    Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:43 pm
    Location: netherlands

    Re: dit you booked your hotel

    by jurjenmetal » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:49 am

    General Zod wrote:
    biertroll wrote:Cancelled our room at Riptide. Three nights at Ocean Manor is $666 :bmhorns:

    Newb question... do most people arrive in FL three days prior to the cruise?





    we will be arriving on the 31 off januari
    and staying in fort lauderdale
    2014 cabin 2026
    2016 cabin 7300
    2019 cabin 9401
  • Mr. HCI
    Crewman
    Posts: 63
    Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:35 pm
    Location: Arvada, Colorado, 'Murrica

    Re: dit you booked your hotel

    by Mr. HCI » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:34 am

    So, stupid question: Where exactly is the pre-cruise show, and is this venue the same for the beach party? Last year was my first year onbroad and I missed the party because I couldn't take the extra day off work. Not going to make the same mistake again!
  • User avatar
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Posts: 1906
    Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:14 pm
    Location: London, England.
    Contact:

    Re: dit you booked your hotel

    by doomguy » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:12 pm

    A friend and I will be staying at the Gateway Inn in Hollywood from the 1st.
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

    2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
Post Reply 130 posts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests