Post Reply 15 posts Page 1 of 1
camera policy
    spooky
    Petty Officer

camera policy

by spooky » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:36 am

noob here, first time cruiser...is there a policy on cameras permitted on this cruise? want to bring my DSLR.
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    Speedy
    Ensign

Re: camera policy

by Speedy » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:43 am

spooky wrote:noob here, first time cruiser...is there a policy on cameras permitted on this cruise? want to bring my DSLR.

Bringing a DSLR is no problem. Officially only those with a press pass can use them at the concerts, but noone seems to mind. I've never had any problem with mine.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Einherjer-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Ihsahn-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Abinchova-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Elvenking-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Grave.Digger-/-Haggard-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Izegrim-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kivimetsän.Druidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Orphaned.Land-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-SuidAkrA-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-Tengger.Cavalry-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-U.D.O.-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Wintersun-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    spooky
    Petty Officer

by spooky » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:47 am

Speedy wrote:
    spooky wrote:noob here, first time cruiser...is there a policy on cameras permitted on this cruise? want to bring my DSLR.

Bringing a DSLR is no problem. Officially only those with a press pass can use them at the concerts, but noone seems to mind. I've never had any problem with mine.

...awesome! good to know. thanks! ;)
    manooel
    Oiler

by manooel » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:58 am

I recorded several full concerts with my GoPro and nobody said a thing even though I was in front row and putting the camera above the security guy's head, haha, they only told me "just don't stuff it on the artists face" LOL
    70k 2015 - Cabin #6668
    70k 2016 - Cabin #6111
    70k 2017 - Cabin #6513
    70k 2018 - Cabin #6521
    70k 2019 - Cabin #6659
  • kokozula
    Wiper

by kokozula » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:15 am

So, I can use my pro dSLR during concerts from the first row without any press pass and it will be ok ? :mrgreen:

KoKozula was here ...
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

by Andy » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:52 am

These are our official guidelines:

The use of Pocket and Cell Phone Cameras are permitted at all performances onbroad.

For everyone’s comfort, the use of Tablet Computers and Laptops are not allowed at any performances.

The use of Professional Photo Cameras with detachable lenses, video cameras as well as audio recording devices are NOT permitted during any performances onbroad without a valid Press Pass.

So even if a DSLR probably falls in some sort of a grey area here, I don't think it's a smart idea to bring it to a show where you want to be in the front row... anywhere else onbroad outside the concert venues: Go nuts!

:cheers:
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:04 am

OMG, a post from Andy outside the main thread? Shit just got real! :D
    Wishlist:
    ALLEGAEON--Amaranthe--Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Devin.Townsend.Project--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--Dream.Theater--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Epica--Fleshgod-Apocalypse--Fractal.Gates--Gamma.Ray--Gloryhammer--Haken--HELLOWEEN.REUNION--In.Vain--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--MOONSORROW--MORS.PRINCIPIUM.EST--NE.OBLIVISCARIS--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--Onslaught--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Power.Quest--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--Soilwork--Stratovarius--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Teramaze--Therion--Unisonic--Unleash.the.Archers--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Witherscape

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:11 am

bodomdragon wrote:OMG, a post from Andy outside the main thread? Shit just got real! :D

Yeah there were a couple today! Glad he's clearing up confusion though, always nice to see :cheers:
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-November's.Doom-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-

Gonna take a lot to get me back next year.
  • klons
    Chief Petty Officer

by klons » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:33 am

Not to mention his use of our other special word :lol:

Andy wrote:...at all performances onbroad...
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Survivor.
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:42 am

klons wrote:Not to mention his use of our other special word :lol:

Andy wrote:...at all performances onbroad...

He always does that in the band announcements, too :)
    Wishlist:
    ALLEGAEON--Amaranthe--Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Devin.Townsend.Project--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--Dream.Theater--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Epica--Fleshgod-Apocalypse--Fractal.Gates--Gamma.Ray--Gloryhammer--Haken--HELLOWEEN.REUNION--In.Vain--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--MOONSORROW--MORS.PRINCIPIUM.EST--NE.OBLIVISCARIS--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--Onslaught--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Power.Quest--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--Soilwork--Stratovarius--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Teramaze--Therion--Unisonic--Unleash.the.Archers--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Witherscape

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor
    spooky
    Petty Officer

by spooky » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:54 pm

the odds of my short self getting up front are pretty slim, but you never know. guess i will bring two cameras just in case. ;)
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:29 pm

spooky wrote:the odds of my short self getting up front are pretty slim, but you never know. guess i will bring two cameras just in case. ;)

You'll be right - basically because there are multiple venues, a myriad of genres and fans etc you will find that if you REALLY want to get to the front you can do so pretty easily except for maybe the biggest of the big bands (like Blind Guardian this year).
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
    spooky
    Petty Officer

by spooky » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:40 pm

...right on! i have a hard time seeing over very tall people, and it seems they always stand in front of me. i guess that is just the way life rolls...good thing my hearing isn't completely shot...yet. ;)
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:25 pm

getting up front is fairly easy if you have not much going on prior to the show you want too see.
    so far, 2016 look pretty easy for me as I really only have 4 or 5 set's to catch so far
    but it is all time management and a little sacrifice for a bit more
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
  • Jotunheimr
    Chief Petty Officer

by Jotunheimr » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:32 pm

I got to the pool deck 45 minutes early to be at the rail for Wintersun. It was well worth it.
    2020 Wishlist: Borknagar-/-Finntroll-/-Haggard-/-Kampfar-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Moonsorrow-/-Savatage-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Turisas
Post Reply 15 posts Page 1 of 1