Post Reply 24 posts Page 1 of 1
Shore excursions
    Sidvarg
    Petty Officer

Shore excursions

by Sidvarg » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:41 am

Hey, so this is my first time and i dont know if it is too soon to start asking for this, but what would be a good affordable shore excursion to make? I found this site (http://excursionsinjamaica.com/index.ph ... Itemid=281) and they have special fees for groups of 7 or more so i guess maybe here people can start pairing with others searching for the same tour, also if someone knows other options it might help make a decision
    2016 cabin 8225
    2017 cabin 7535

Wish list:
    Angra, Amaranthe, Circus Maximus, Kamelot, Myrath, Tesseract, Symphony X, Freedom Call, Sonata Arctica, Avantasia, Orphaned Land, Haggard, Dynazty, Haken, Devin Townsend Project
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

Re: Shore excursions

by bodomdragon » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:01 am

Sidvarg wrote:Hey, so this is my first time and i dont know if it is too soon to start asking for this, but what would be a good affordable shore excursion to make? I found this site (http://excursionsinjamaica.com/index.ph ... Itemid=281) and they have special fees for groups of 7 or more so i guess maybe here people can start pairing with others searching for the same tour, also if someone knows other options it might help make a decision

Last year they offered some options onbroad. They published them in the 70k website and then they were available for booking on the boat. I guess they'll do the same thing this year and I think it is quite convenient to have everything arranged by the same company. So my personal advice is: wait until UMC decides to provide the information :)
    Wishlist:
    Signs of life.

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:05 am

Yeah, last year they did some special ones with members of bands on the cruise.
    I would hold out awhile for some special ones unless you find something you really want to do.
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:40 am

Hold out until UMC announces some excursions.

Last year different excursions were also done with different bands, so if you wait you can get one organised by the company, with one of your favourite bands!
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-November's.Doom-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-

Save these guys for 2021, Andy.
    Sidvarg
    Petty Officer

by Sidvarg » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:42 pm

That's why it is good to ask
    2016 cabin 8225
    2017 cabin 7535

Wish list:
    Angra, Amaranthe, Circus Maximus, Kamelot, Myrath, Tesseract, Symphony X, Freedom Call, Sonata Arctica, Avantasia, Orphaned Land, Haggard, Dynazty, Haken, Devin Townsend Project
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:56 pm

Also, booking through UMC and the cruise-line means that you're guaranteed to make it back to the ship and mot miss the boat; they'll hold the departure until you get back. It'll be a bit pricier than booking directly, but you'd have more peace of mind.
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Booked!
    SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:03 am

Phoenix wrote:Hold out until UMC announces some excursions.

Last year different excursions were also done with different bands, so if you wait you can get one organised by the company, with one of your favourite bands!

Well, so long as the band members aren't completely drunk/hung-over/exhausted or actually chicken out on the excursion. We had a band guy with us who said the other guys were scared... actually, I don't blame them, I hated climbing the falls. On the other hand, the big ginger guy from Jungle Rot was bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, what a beast, haha.

I kind of think the excursions aren't that worth it unless you really enjoy water activities. Last year people just picked a bar and congregated there, I think I'm gonna do the same and/or sleep.
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
    manooel
    Oiler

by manooel » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:12 pm

SaraMarie wrote:
    Phoenix wrote:I kind of think the excursions aren't that worth it unless you really enjoy water activities. Last year people just picked a bar and congregated there, I think I'm gonna do the same and/or sleep.

Same thoughts here. I went to the Falls excursion last year and it was cool, but not that extremely cool, so this time around I'm just gonna relax and drink :givebeer:
    70k 2015 - Cabin #6668
    70k 2016 - Cabin #6111
    70k 2017 - Cabin #6513
    70k 2018 - Cabin #6521
    70k 2019 - Cabin #6659
    spooky
    Petty Officer

by spooky » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:12 pm

Can you just pick a beach bar and hang out there and sit on the beach? i love the water, but not really keen on big water events, either. i had a friend tell me the falls are pretty awesome, but i don't want to spend a ton of cash. i would rather experience some culture, but not get robbed doing so. :smoking:
    2019: Survivor
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:50 am

spooky wrote:Can you just pick a beach bar and hang out there and sit on the beach? i love the water, but not really keen on big water events, either. i had a friend tell me the falls are pretty awesome, but i don't want to spend a ton of cash. i would rather experience some culture, but not get robbed doing so. :smoking:

OP was curious about shore excursions so I didn't mention it, but yeah that's what I did. There was a Margaritaville right near the port and it had an attached beach section. Me and several other metalheads just hung out there for most of the day, and it was pretty great.
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-November's.Doom-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-

Save these guys for 2021, Andy.
    Kingslayer
    Chief Petty Officer

by Kingslayer » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:24 pm

spooky wrote:Can you just pick a beach bar and hang out there and sit on the beach? i love the water, but not really keen on big water events, either. i had a friend tell me the falls are pretty awesome, but i don't want to spend a ton of cash. i would rather experience some culture, but not get robbed doing so. :smoking:

About five years ago, I bought one of those neck pouches for when I went to Africa. It wouldn't hurt to invest in one of those.

phoenix wrote:There was a Margaritaville right near the port and it had an attached beach section. Me and several other metalheads just hung out there for most of the day, and it was pretty great.

My eyes lit up like a Christmas tree when I found out the Margaritaville in Falmouth has a bar you can swim up to and a hut tub shaped like a margarita! I think it's pretty clear where I'll be spending (at least most of) the excursion day :party:
    2016: 9231
    2017: 6521
    2018: TBD

Wishlist: Amon Amarth, Candlemass, Devin Townsend Project, Doomsword, Ex Deo, Gloryhammer, Grand Magus, Hypocrisy, King Diamond, Nile, Powerwolf, Running Wild, Septicflesh, Steel Panther, Unleash The Archers
    SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:13 pm

No shit, they have a swim-up bar? We're gonna have to destroy that. And by "destroy," I mean politely drink them out of all of their liquor. :beerbang:
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
    Kingslayer
    Chief Petty Officer

by Kingslayer » Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:28 pm

SaraMarie wrote:No shit, they have a swim-up bar? We're gonna have to destroy that. And by "destroy," I mean politely drink them out of all of their liquor. :beerbang:

Something tells me that we're going to be very good friends :gulp:
    2016: 9231
    2017: 6521
    2018: TBD

Wishlist: Amon Amarth, Candlemass, Devin Townsend Project, Doomsword, Ex Deo, Gloryhammer, Grand Magus, Hypocrisy, King Diamond, Nile, Powerwolf, Running Wild, Septicflesh, Steel Panther, Unleash The Archers
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:36 pm

SaraMarie wrote:No shit, they have a swim-up bar? We're gonna have to destroy that. And by "destroy," I mean politely drink them out of all of their liquor. :beerbang:

"I'd like a beer. Here's $10 in soaked dollar bills!" :D

I'll probably do the same thing...hang out at M'Ville and do some swimmin' and (doubtless lackluster) snorkeling. There won't be too much to see.

In Ocho Rios we DID discover that the big floating trampoline had an air-pocket underneath it, and we hung out below it while people were bouncing above us. Fun...and a little scary.
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
    biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:59 pm

Didn't Margaritaville have special "rocker" tshirts made this year? And I was drunk swimming the ocean but wasn't metal played too?
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
    Tono_Fyr
    Crewman

by Tono_Fyr » Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:55 am

I liked the falls excursion, but that's probably because I already like climbing waterfalls. :P We did make friends with a couple of intrepid Germans who we ended up partying with for the rest of the cruise, though.

My sister and I were discussing this year, and we will probably just stick to the beaches and bars this year, unless a particularly cool excursion/band combo is available... I'd go on a group kayaking trip with certain bands in a heartbeat.
    Wishlist:
    --Æther_Realm--Alarum--Amon_Amarth--Arcturus--Arjen_Luccassen--Atheist--Battlecross--Blind_Guardian--Borknagar--Candlemass--Cynic--Demons_&_Wizards--Devin_Townsend--DOLL$BOXX--Dread_Crew_of_Oddwood--Dysrhythmia--Ensiferum--Freak_Kitchen--Gamma_Ray--Glittertind--Gloryhammer--Goatwhore--Gojira--Gordian_Knot--Green_Carnation--Holy_Grail--Iced_Earth--Ihsahn--Katatonia--Leprous--Machinae_Supremacy--Ne_Obliviscaris--Nightingale--Nile--Opeth--Pain_Of_Salvation--Raintime--Riverside--Sigh--Skeletonwitch--Steel_Panther--Symphony_X--Tengger_Cavalry--Thank_You_Scientist--Three--Turisas--Tyr--Unleash_The_Archers--Winds--Wintersun--Words_of_Farewell--Zimmer's_Hole--

Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:21 am

biertroll wrote:Didn't Margaritaville have special "rocker" tshirts made this year? And I was drunk swimming the ocean but wasn't metal played too?

Yes! It was black with green writing saying "Welcome Metalheads 2015" $24 US .
    There was also a record store with Welcome Metalheads sign.
    8 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Striker,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:23 am

If they do the hockey tournament this year, I won't bother going ashore.... I'll be "putting on the foil!"

Obscure hockey reference,,, I'm Canadian,,,,, we all play hockey :P
    8 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Striker,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards
  • SpaceSlug
    Crewman

by SpaceSlug » Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:20 pm

Old time hockey!! Eddie shore!

Jaimie38 wrote:If they do the hockey tournament this year, I won't bother going ashore.... I'll be "putting on the foil!"

Obscure hockey reference,,, I'm Canadian,,,,, we all play hockey :P
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:51 pm

biertroll wrote:Didn't Margaritaville have special "rocker" tshirts made this year?

Yep, I got one. I thought that was pretty cool. It's not as if they can turn around and sell them after our boat sailed away....

And I was drunk swimming the ocean but wasn't metal played too?

Yep!
    2020 Wishlist:
    biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:47 am

Pellaz wrote:
    biertroll wrote:Didn't Margaritaville have special "rocker" tshirts made this year?

Yep, I got one. I thought that was pretty cool. It's not as if they can turn around and sell them after our boat sailed away....

And I was drunk swimming the ocean but wasn't metal played too?

Yep!

I hope they do this again.

I forgot to get one of the shirts. I wonder if I emailed them..
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
    alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:42 pm

Does the Margaritaville there have a trampoline in the water? I was planning on scuba diving, but...
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:00 am

alex_canada wrote:Does the Margaritaville there have a trampoline in the water? I was planning on scuba diving, but...

As near as I can tell, the Margaritaville at Falmouth doesn't have a beach at all....but they do have a pool and that swim-up bar.
    2020 Wishlist:
    Loki-motive
    Oiler

by Loki-motive » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:47 am

Oh my goodness I'm so torn.,. I love climbing waterfalls and shit but I'm gonna be so wrecked.... A bar on the beach sounds like a rather nice way to spend the day
  • Post Reply 24 posts Page 1 of 1