Post Reply 32 posts Page 1 of 1
2016 vs 2015 So Far...
    SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

2016 vs 2015 So Far...

by SaraMarie » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:25 am

How does everybody's rank bank for 2016 compare to the 2015 cruise?

I was curious, so I checked last year's line-up and the bands I actually saw versus my rank bank for this year. Last year, I had ~25 bands I didn't give a fuck about, ~25 that I managed to catch once, and a good, solid 7 (hey I'm not Statsman so fuck exact numbers) bands that I loved enough to see twice.

This year, I don't have many two-setter bands, but lots of one-setters and very few no-setters so far. That probably means I'll miss a bunch of my borderline one-setters to sleep or whatever. I do have a couple bands I'm genuinely excited about, though Iced Earth is the only one that approaches my Amorphis-level "this is the greatest shit ever" happiness.
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

Re: 2016 vs 2015 So Far...

by Razor Ramon » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:43 am

2015:

2016:
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Liv-Kristine-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Asphyx-/-Wintersun-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Hanging-Garden-/-Tyranny-/-The-Foreshadowing-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Saturnus-/-Noumena-/-Blackthorn-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-Inactive-Messiah-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Saor-/-Process-Of-Guilt-/-Dark-Fortress-/-Orphaned-Land-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Novembers-Doom-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Numenorean-/-Clouds-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Oranssi-Pazuzu-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:48 pm

SaraMarie wrote:... fuck exact numbers....

:shock:

Hehehehe :D

2015 vs 2016 - where do I start?

On a personal level I have 11 bands I want to catch 2 sets of so far in 2016, versus only three this year so a HUGE improvement there. I also have one "YAY I FINALLY GET TO SEE THEM LIVE!" band (Rhapsody of Fire) which I didn't get any of this year (although Wintersun were close).

We also have a heap more power and 'girlie' metal bands - 15(!!) - compared to only a couple last time. That makes me happy :mrgreen:

From a cruise perspective, we already have nine bands on the lineup with over 400,000 last.fm listeners as opposed to only four on the 2015 lineup. And we have 12 with under 100,000 listeners compared to 32 on the 2015 cruise.

So basically, 2016 is kicking 2015's arse and we've still got 20 bands to go!!!

I would love another band or two from my "YAY I FINALLY GET TO SEE THEM LIVE!" list, but that would just be greedy :whisky: ....but, the good thing is barring a couple of huge bands (Accept, Anvantasia, Within Temptation) that list for me consists of a lot of 'smaller' bands, which I expect the remaining 20 bands to be made up of.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
    alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:11 pm

Man, Nash always had the sloppiest powerbombs. Can't believe they let him do it on the Giant
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
  • big perken
    Crewman

by big perken » Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:15 am

2015 > 2016. Not enough thrash and I dislike power metal. But still 20 to go.
    SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:40 pm

big perken wrote:2015 > 2016. Not enough thrash and I dislike power metal. But still 20 to go.

While I agree about thrash and power metal, I don't know yet, some smaller thrash bands would round this line up for me and make it really great. It's hard to match up to my favorites from the last cruise, though: Amorphis, Blind Guardian, Therion and Alestorm were all fantastic. There were also a lot of these older, more cheesy metal bands I didn't like last year, and this year we only have Manilla Road in that category.

Razor's reaction gifs are fan-fucking-tastic. Maybe this year everyone will be happy? :P

cowboy71 wrote:
    SaraMarie wrote:... fuck exact numbers....

:shock:

Hehehehe :D

I'll leave the hard numbers up to you, Stats.
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:13 pm

Let's see... for the 2015 edition my last post in the rank bank thread was at 53 bands, and I was wanting to see 27 sets. For 2016 I'm at that very same figure now with only 40 bands announced, so, yes, this seems like a better lineup than this year's.
    I had only six two-setters this year, and for 2016 I have nine bands so far that I want to see twice.

I'm expecting us to get a couple of solid death metal bands still, so I should have more than ten two-setters in 2016.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:18 pm

Memnoch wrote:Let's see... for the 2015 edition my last post in the rank bank thread was at 53 bands, and I was wanting to see 27 sets. For 2016 I'm at that very same figure now with only 40 bands announced, so, yes, this seems like a better lineup than this year's.
    I had only six two-setters this year, and for 2016 I have nine bands so far that I want to see twice.

I'm expecting us to get a couple of solid death metal bands still, so I should have more than ten two-setters in 2016.

Further to that, of those remaining 7 bands according to the 'what I actually saw' thread, you only caught half a set of one band (Wintersun).
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:28 pm

Indeed. 2015 was a baaaaaad lineup year for me. :beerwink:
    Wishlist:
    dlakavi_gusar
    Oiler

by dlakavi_gusar » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:16 am

Razor Ramon wrote:2015:
    2016:

What's the general approach for set-lists on a cruise - do bands play their greatest hits, or promote new stuff, or do some experimenting?
    10 of these bands will get me on 2017
    -/-Adrenaline-Mob-/-Apocalyptica-/-Avantasia-/-Axel-Rudi-Pell-/-Ayreon-/-Blind-Guardian-/-Civil-War-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Device-/-Disturbed-/-Dream-Theater-/-Edguy-/-Fear-Factory-/-Helloween-/-Kamelot-/-Manowar-/-Nightwish-/-Opeth-/-Pain-of-Salvation-/-Powerwolf-/-Russell-Allen-&-Jorn-Lande-/-Sisters-of-Mercy-/-Sonata-Arctica-/-Symphony-X-/-Tarja-/-Therion-/-Within-Temptation-/-

2016. Survivor (2588)
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:38 am

I think that's different. 2014 Fear Factory played the whole Demanufacture. Next year Monnspell one set will be the whole Irreligious and I think the second set includes new songs and some classics. Some bands play 2 different sets some not.
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board 2020!
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
    Mal2000
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mal2000 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:53 am

Memnoch wrote:Indeed. 2015 was a baaaaaad lineup year for me. :beerwink:

Wich made me happy, since I could not go :)
    70K 2012, Barge to Hell, 70K 2014, 70K 2016, 70K 2018, 70K 2019
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:19 am

Last year I had a wide variety bands that made me happy to be on board, with some heavy hitters and lots of bands I was curious to try a set of.

This year...

There's some bands I like, but there's so many bands I don't give a rat's ass about. I still don't see why I should book :cry:
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-November's.Doom-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-

Gonna take a lot to get me back next year.
    metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalmaciejmetal » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:28 am

alex_canada wrote:Man, Nash always had the sloppiest powerbombs. Can't believe they let him do it on the Giant

Mostly everything Nash did was sloppy. He went pretty far for a guy that was objectively a terrible wrestler. Regardless, Big Sexy is still my favorite NWO guy.
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
    Sickening Gore
    Oiler

by Sickening Gore » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:13 am

I just hope there's plenty of death and thrash in the last 20
  • Jotunheimr
    Chief Petty Officer

by Jotunheimr » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:27 pm

2015 had Wintersun, Ensiferum, and Korpiklaani. 2016 could only top that if they book Savatage!
    2020 Wishlist: Borknagar-/-Finntroll-/-Haggard-/-Kampfar-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Moonsorrow-/-Savatage-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Turisas
    Kingslayer
    Chief Petty Officer

by Kingslayer » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:28 pm

I'm incredibly jealous of anybody and everybody who was on the cruise in 2015, but I'm convinced the decision to wait until 2016 has turned in my favour :D
    2016: 9231
    2017: 6521
    2018: TBD

Wishlist: Amon Amarth, Candlemass, Devin Townsend Project, Doomsword, Ex Deo, Gloryhammer, Grand Magus, Hypocrisy, King Diamond, Nile, Powerwolf, Running Wild, Septicflesh, Steel Panther, Unleash The Archers
    SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:09 am

dlakavi_gusar wrote:
    2016:

What's the general approach for set-lists on a cruise - do bands play their greatest hits, or promote new stuff, or do some experimenting?

I think they play a mix of hits and new material? Depends. Amorphis had a 20th Anniversary set, so in their other set, they played mostly songs from albums with the current singer on them plus I think one Elegy song. They ended the Tales set with some Karelian Isthmus songs. Everyone else just did normal sets. I saw Blind Guardian and Therion both twice, they seemed to do about the same mix, maybe not the exact same songs. Gama Bomb and Origin, too.
  • Mark
    Petty Officer

by Mark » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:14 am

SaraMarie wrote:
    dlakavi_gusar wrote:
    2016:

I think they play a mix of hits and new material? Depends. Amorphis had a 20th Anniversary set, so in their other set, they played mostly songs from albums with the current singer on them plus I think one Elegy song. They ended the Tales set with some Karelian Isthmus songs. Everyone else just did normal sets. I saw Blind Guardian and Therion both twice, they seemed to do about the same mix, maybe not the exact same songs. Gama Bomb and Origin, too.

Blind Guardian actually played two pretty different sets with only two or three songs being played in both sets.
    It really depends though, some bands do the same set twice - including everything they talk in between (Doro, Helloween)
    Alestorm/Amaranthe/Anneke/Avantasia/Blind Guardian/Civil War/Devin Townsend/Apokalyptische Reiter/Edguy/Ensiferum/Equilibrium/Falconer/Gloryhammer/Grave Digger/Heidevolk/Korpiklaani/Omnium Gatherum/Powerwolf/Rage/Sabaton/Saxon/Therion/Trollfest/Wintersun
    dlakavi_gusar
    Oiler

by dlakavi_gusar » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:50 am

Hang on - what do you mean by "both sets" - do some bands play two times during a single cruise?
    -/-Adrenaline-Mob-/-Apocalyptica-/-Avantasia-/-Axel-Rudi-Pell-/-Ayreon-/-Blind-Guardian-/-Civil-War-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Device-/-Disturbed-/-Dream-Theater-/-Edguy-/-Fear-Factory-/-Helloween-/-Kamelot-/-Manowar-/-Nightwish-/-Opeth-/-Pain-of-Salvation-/-Powerwolf-/-Russell-Allen-&-Jorn-Lande-/-Sisters-of-Mercy-/-Sonata-Arctica-/-Symphony-X-/-Tarja-/-Therion-/-Within-Temptation-/-

2016. Survivor (2588)
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:55 am

dlakavi_gusar wrote:Hang on - what do you mean by "both sets" - do some bands play two times during a single cruise?

All bands do. Once on the way to the destination, once on the way back. That way you can theoretically still see a band if there's overlap.
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-November's.Doom-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-

Gonna take a lot to get me back next year.
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:24 am

So far, I think this will be a better year and do not get me wrong. I liked last year but their are a lot more bands I enjoy that I have never seen before. Last year I had all ready seen a large portion of the bands. It does not matter. It will be fukking awesome!!!!
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    dlakavi_gusar
    Oiler

by dlakavi_gusar » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:40 am

Phoenix wrote:All bands do. Once on the way to the destination, once on the way back. That way you can theoretically still see a band if there's overlap.

Whoa, shit just got real! :headbanger: Awesome, didn't know that :)

2016. Survivor (2588)
    Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer

by Hoppy McGee » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:55 am

I remember following last years lineup as it was announced throughout the year and getting more and more angry that I didn't have the funds to make the 2015 cruise. I'm really liking the lineup this year so far, it's looking to be quite a bit deeper than last year. But I think there are probably at least half a dozen bands from last year that I would rank ahead of almost everyone from this years cruise....Amorphis, Arch Enemy, Alestorm, Korpiklaani, Cannibal Corpse, Trollfest, Ensiferum, Wintersun. This year the only "holy shit!!!" wishlist bands announced so far are probably Insomnium, At the Gates, Bloodbath, and Vader.

But like I said the depth so far this year is way better. There are probably only half a dozen bands so far that I have zero interest in, last year that number would have been quite a bit higher. We do still have 20 bands to go though. Will be interesting to see how the final lineups compare.
    Last edited by Hoppy McGee on Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
    70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
    MY.LITTLE.WISHLIST_____**CAPS=MOST.WANTED**
    /-3.Inches.of.Blood.(Reunion)-/1914-/-ABBATH-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-Abysmal.Dawn-/-Aether.Realm-/-Alkaloid-/-ALLEGAEON-/-Anciients-/-AMON.AMARTH-/-Amorphis-/-ARCHSPIRE-/-Armored.Saint-/-Ash.Borer-/Asphyx-/-AT.THE.GATES-/-AUTOPSY-/-Barren.Earth-/-Battlelore-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Benighted-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Earth-/-Black.Fast-/-Blood.Incantation-/-Bloodhunter-/-Bolt.Thrower,(wishful.thinking)-/-Bölzer-/-Borknagar-/-Brymir-/-Cancer-/-Cannabis.Corpse-/-CARCASS-/-CATTLE.DECAPITATION-/-Cloak-/-Coffins-/-Cormorant-/Corrosion.of.Conformity-/-Craven.Idol-/-Crypt.Sermon-/-Critical.Mess-/-Cut.Up-/-Dark.Angel-/-DARK.FORTRESS-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-DAWN.OF.DISEASE-/-Daylight.Dies-/-Dead.Congregation-/-Damnation.Defaced-/-Death.Angel-/-Decapitated-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Demonical-/-Demons.and.Wizards-/-Desaster-/-Deserted.Fear-/-DESTROYER.666-/-Desultory.(more.wishful.thinking)/-DISMEMBER.(wishful.thinking.that's.actually.possible.now!!!)-/-Draconian-/-Drakwald-/-Dying.Fetus-/-Dyscarnate-/-Emperor-/-Enforcer-/-Entombed-/-Entrails-/-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-/-Feral-/-FINNTROLL-/-Firespawn-/-Flotsam.&.Jetsam-/-GHOUL-/-Goatwhore-/-GOJIRA-/-Gorguts-/-Gorod-/-Grand.Magus-/-Grave-/-Grave.Miasma-/-Graveworm-/-Gruesome-/-Gutter.Instinct-/-Hallatar-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Hate.Eternal-/-Hatesphere-/-Hath-/-Haunt-/-Hellbringer-/-High.on.Fire-/-Hooded.Menace-/-HORRENDOUS-/-Horrified-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Ihsahn-/-Immolation-/-Inanimate.Existence-/-Insomnium-/-Jungle.Rot-/-Kadaver-/-Kaoteon-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Khemmis-/-King.Goat-/-King.of.Asgard-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-LEGION.OF.THE.DAMNED-/-LIK-/-Lucifer's.Child-/-Magic.Circle-/-Magoth-/-Mammoth.Grinder-/-Master-/-Mastodon-/-MGLA-/-Miasmal-/-MIDNIGHT-/-MISERY.INDEX-/-Moonspell-/-Morta.Skuld-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Necrophobic-/-Necrot-/-Nuclear.Assault-/-Okkultist-/-Orange.Goblin-/-Ossuarium-/-Outre.Tomb-/-Phlebotomized-/-Power.Trip-/-Powerwolf-/-PRIMORDIAL-/-Profanal-/-Protector-/-Psycroptic-/-Replacaire-/-Revocation-/-Ripper-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Ruby.the.Hatchet-/-Sacred.Monster-/-Sacrifice-/-SATAN-/-Satyricon-/-Skálmöld-/-Skeletal.Remains-/-SOEN-/-Suffocation-/-Sulphur-/-SULPHUR.AEON-/-Taake-/-TANKARD-/-Tau.Cross-/-Temple.of.Void-/-Terrorizer-/-Testament-/-The.Crown-/-The.Lurking.Fear-/-The.Wretched.End-/-THULCANDRA-/-Thyrfing-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tribulation-/-Uada-/-Unleashed-/-VADER-/-Vampire-/-Vanum-/-Vektor-/-Venom.Inc.-/-Vesperia-/-Vredehammer-/-Watain-/-Xentrix/{white=booked}/{red=ruled.out}
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:22 am

For me 2016 is by far better than 2015. It is the best linup ever so far. So I'll be back. 2015 I hadn't the feeling to miss something.

2016 we have some favorite Bands on board: Subway to Sally, Moonspell, My Dying Bride, Paradise Lost (both I hear almost over 20 years), Lacuna Coil, Insomnium, Epica and some more. It's really amazing. Looking forward. :beerwink:
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board 2020!
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
    SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:04 pm

dlakavi_gusar wrote:
    Phoenix wrote:All bands do. Once on the way to the destination, once on the way back. That way you can theoretically still see a band if there's overlap.

Whoa, shit just got real! :headbanger: Awesome, didn't know that :)

Yes, I only missed one band that I really wanted to see last year, and one time I missed them was for sleeping. Probably people will still have one or two conflicts this year, though. There are a lot of good but not totally must-see bands for me this year, so I will have a lot of choices to make. Having choices is good, though.

I do wish the line-up was a little less weenie heavy. Stuff I listen to these days is very heavy on thrash, punk, grunge and classic rock influences. Luckily MDF fills in some of those blanks for me, I'm glad I'm doing both again.
    liser
    Petty Officer

by liser » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:47 am

SaraMarie - I saw your signature and for a second I thought I was looking at my own wish list. We have a lot overlap. You have a few I don't know though. I will be checking them out right away. :)

2015 was way better for me. I think about 1/3 of my wish list bands were there. It's been said before by others, but I don't consider this a bad thing. Last time was just running from stage to stage. This time I plan on slowing down and checking some other things out. Like karaoke or the all star jam, or even just going swimming.
    Alestorm/Amon-Amarth/Arch-Enemy/Amorphis/Arkona/Blind-Guardian/Cancer-Bats/Cattle-Decapitation/Dimmu-Borgir/Dragonforce/Eluveitie/Ensiferum/Equilibriumor/Fear-Factory/Finntroll/Gormathon/Hypocrisy/In-Extremo/Insomnium/Iron-Reagan/Korpiklaani/Kreator/Manowar/Mayan/Melechesh/Nashville-Pussy/Ne-Obliviscaris/Nekrogoblikon/Nightwish/Powerwolf/Rotting-Christ/Sabaton/Septicflesh/Soulfly/Stam1na/Suicidal-Tendencies/Tau-Cross/Triptykon/Turmion-Katilot/Wintersun
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:08 am

Orr do what I did this year; stay at the pub on the promenade. :lol: :givebeer:
    This lineup is worrying me a bit seeing how there's quite a few bands cutting into my beer time. :lol:
    Wishlist:
  • zeitgeist777
    Oiler

by zeitgeist777 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:02 am

2016 >>>> 2015
    taketheday
    Chief Petty Officer

by taketheday » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:03 am

I hoped to see around 30 bands this year and finally saw only 15, cause of the timing with meet&greets, albums listenings and walks between stages :roll: I only saw Korpiklaani twice, not the other bands.

At this time around 30 bands I would like to see once or twice in 2016 and 20 bands have to be announced again. Quite not sure of how many I will be able to see. Stratovarius is the band I will try to see twice and if Freedom Call is back, that will be two bands to see twice. Wait and see who will be the last 20 bands :D

2013: 7545
    2014: 9554
    2015: 2633
    2016 and 2019: 7320
    2017/2018: 7624

http://www.bandspromo.biz/home.html
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:27 am

I loved 2015, but 2016... damnit, the lineup has been taken to another level. Only thinking of having Insomnium on the boat gives me goosebumps. Also, Power Metal is one of my favourite genres and we've definitely seen a leap in quality here. I'm just missing some quality Progressive Metal.
    Wishlist:
    ALLEGAEON--Amaranthe--Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Devin.Townsend.Project--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--Dream.Theater--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Epica--Fleshgod-Apocalypse--Fractal.Gates--Gamma.Ray--Gloryhammer--Haken--HELLOWEEN.REUNION--In.Vain--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--MOONSORROW--MORS.PRINCIPIUM.EST--NE.OBLIVISCARIS--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--Onslaught--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Power.Quest--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--Soilwork--Stratovarius--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Teramaze--Therion--Unisonic--Unleash.the.Archers--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Witherscape

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor
    Sidvarg
    Petty Officer

by Sidvarg » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:21 pm

bodomdragon wrote:I'm just missing some quality Progressive Metal.

Thank you!
    2016 cabin 8225
    2017 cabin 7535

Wish list:
    Angra, Amaranthe, Circus Maximus, Kamelot, Myrath, Tesseract, Symphony X, Freedom Call, Sonata Arctica, Avantasia, Orphaned Land, Haggard, Dynazty, Haken, Devin Townsend Project
Post Reply 32 posts Page 1 of 1