Post Reply 57 posts
When do you land?
    SoniaByNight
    Wiper

Re: When do you land?

by SoniaByNight » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:45 pm

Our flight from NYC gets in at 2 pm on the 3rd in Ft Lauderdale. We'll be staying at the Motel 6 nearest to the dock, if anyone wants to split a cab with us on the 4th.
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:05 am

We'll be "landing" by car late afternoon of the 3rd, staying at the Quality Inn Cruiseport South. Free parking during the cruise and free shuttle to/from the pier. :D

Leaving Atlanta on the 2nd, overnighting at a motel near Jacksonville because I HATE rushing around on vacation...and then heading the rest of the way down on Wednesday. Should avoid most rush-hour traffic and all traveling will be in daylight, which makes me (the driver) a LOT happier.
    --And we should be able to get to the beach-party (driving) by 7 or so.
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Booked!
    MissTool
    Oiler

by MissTool » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:17 am

I will land on the 27th in Tampa. I am going to TOOL gigs in Orlando and Pensacola, might hit NeO in Orlando and then driving to FLL on the 3rd for the beach party. It is going to be an awesome vacation, it looks more like a tour but whatever, I love it!
  • mushoomhead666
    Oiler

by mushoomhead666 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:44 am

I land about at like 1145am on the 4th so I am cutting it very close
    2015 CABIN 6563
    2016 CABIN 7629
    SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:57 am

mushoomhead666 wrote:I land about at like 1145am on the 4th so I am cutting it very close

Damn, man, you better pray your plane ain't late. I don't know how it is at O'Hare, but Newark for example is always backed up on the runways. Then you've got winter weather.

Anyhow, I'm flying Delta and getting a connection out of ATL to Fort Lauderdale on flight 1827 on Feb. 1st. Any other cruisers passing through ATL that morning?
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:14 am

mushoomhead666 wrote:I land about at like 1145am on the 4th so I am cutting it very close

You like living on the edge, don't you? :D
    Wishlist:
    ALLEGAEON--Amaranthe--Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Devin.Townsend.Project--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--Dream.Theater--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Epica--Fleshgod-Apocalypse--Fractal.Gates--Gamma.Ray--Gloryhammer--Haken--HELLOWEEN.REUNION--In.Vain--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--MOONSORROW--MORS.PRINCIPIUM.EST--NE.OBLIVISCARIS--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--Onslaught--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Power.Quest--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--Soilwork--Stratovarius--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Teramaze--Therion--Unisonic--Unleash.the.Archers--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Witherscape

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor
    mikijonas
    Crewman

by mikijonas » Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:59 pm

My son and I arrive on Miami on the 31st, fkygin from SF via Charlotte.
    Make love, not war... and while you are at it, listen to metal!

2012 - Survivor (Don´t remember)
    2015 - 9561
    2016 - 6500
    2017 - 9561
    biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:36 pm

You're nuts. I would change your flight to the night before, or not even bring luggage. Good luck dude!
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
  • J.m.Andersson
    Oiler

by J.m.Andersson » Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:44 pm

Landning in ft lauderdale at 20.15 on the 1 jan
  • cyberchp
    Oiler

by cyberchp » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:58 pm

We fly in on the 29th. Sail out on the 30th (same ship) to mexico. Then back into Florida on the 4th! Hope the weather stays north.
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:54 am

cyberchp wrote:We fly in on the 29th. Sail out on the 30th (same ship) to mexico. Then back into Florida on the 4th! Hope the weather stays north.

Awesome, a back-to-back (or "B2B"). That's my next cruise-related bucket-list item!
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
    cronos23462
    Oiler

by cronos23462 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:11 am

train to Lauderdale on feb 3rd.....flying in the winter you take your chances on delays or cancellations
    soilwork ,scar symmetry ,solution .45,dream evil, overkill, accept, venom inc,
  • cyberchp
    Oiler

by cyberchp » Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:17 pm

Pellaz wrote:
    cyberchp wrote:We fly in on the 29th. Sail out on the 30th (same ship) to mexico. Then back into Florida on the 4th! Hope the weather stays north.

Awesome, a back-to-back (or "B2B"). That's my next cruise-related bucket-list item!

This is our first b2b. We figured we'd make the most of the airfare cost from west coast. Looked at several ships both before and after. Happy it's the same ship before. Stoked to see the mayan ruins / pyramids in Chichen Itza and Chocoban. Plus will be really cool to see the ship transform from a regular cruise line to a rolling concert venue. We tried to get the same room but nope.
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:00 am

cyberchp wrote:
    Pellaz wrote:

This is our first b2b. We figured we'd make the most of the airfare cost from west coast. Looked at several ships both before and after. Happy it's the same ship before. Stoked to see the mayan ruins / pyramids in Chichen Itza and Chocoban. Plus will be really cool to see the ship transform from a regular cruise line to a rolling concert venue.

That will be nifty. I'm really curious to know what's different between a "regular" cruise on Independence and 70K. I was disappointed with the buffet offerings last year, and was also surprised at how "meh" the food in the MDR was compared to my last time on Royal (right before the first 70K, on good ol' Majesty. No soft-serve ice-cream stations on 70K last year, either.
    Compared to last year's 70K I thought the food on my Carnival cruises kicked the shit out of Liberty's.

We tried to get the same room but nope.

That would have been almost impossible....but awesome. While everyone else is panicking and getting their stuff out in the hallway by 11pm the night before debark, you just relax, watch and grin. :lol:
    2020 Wishlist:
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:17 am

SaraMarie wrote:Anyhow, I'm flying Delta and getting a connection out of ATL to Fort Lauderdale on flight 1827 on Feb. 1st. Any other cruisers passing through ATL that morning?

Passing through ATL later the same day. I'm flying DL 1463 CHS-ATL 12:45-14:08 and DL 1615 ATL-FLL 15:00-16:55.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Einherjer-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Ihsahn-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Abinchova-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Elvenking-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Grave.Digger-/-Haggard-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Izegrim-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kivimetsän.Druidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Orphaned.Land-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-SuidAkrA-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-Tengger.Cavalry-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-U.D.O.-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Wintersun-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    danmunchie
    Oiler

by danmunchie » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:02 am

Arriving into Miami at 1755 on the 30th.

Also looking for a place to stay for the 30th and 31st, I'm set for the other nights - with this guy ^. Anyone else around for the weekend?
    FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:15 am

i'll land as other years, before the official final line up is revealed, and before the official cancellations of any bands.
    2019 for ABBATH+AGENT STEEL+CORONATUS+DARK ANGEL+DARK SARAH+KING DIAMOND+LEE AARON+LITA FORD+MIDNATTSOL+NECRODEATH+NOCTURNUS+ONSLAUGHT+PARADOX+REPULSION+SACRIFICE+THE DARK ELEMENT+VENOM INC.