Post Reply 58 posts
What can I expect to spend while on-board?
  • metalfan9366
    Oiler

What can I expect to spend while on-board?

by metalfan9366 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:17 pm

First time cruiser here. I am trying to budget for on-board expenses and really don't know what I should plan on. I am not a big drinker so alcohol will be minimal. If anyone is willing to give me some idea on what they had for total on-board expenses on past cruises, I would be great-full. Thanks much and see you in February.
    2016 Survivor
    2018 Survivor
    cowboy71
    Commander

Re: What can I expect to spend while on-board?

by cowboy71 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:26 pm

Usually around $400-$600 for the wife and I.

Refer to this thread created after the first cruise - will give you a bit of an idea of what to expect:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1176
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:41 am

I plan on spending $0. I might pick up a shirt this time though since I actually like the line up a lot.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
  • FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:06 am

most depenses are for alcohol. I spend nearly $100 every year.
    2019 for ABBATH+AGENT STEEL+CORONATUS+DARK ANGEL+DARK SARAH+KING DIAMOND+LEE AARON+LITA FORD+MIDNATTSOL+NECRODEATH+NOCTURNUS+ONSLAUGHT+PARADOX+REPULSION+SACRIFICE+THE DARK ELEMENT+VENOM INC.
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:57 am

Last year I spent like $250. I bought a t-shirt, a sweater, and the rest was basically Fosters.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:30 am

bodomdragon wrote:Last year I spent like $250. I bought a t-shirt, a sweater, and the rest was basically Fosters.

Is Foster's all they have?
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:29 am

doomguy wrote:
    bodomdragon wrote:Last year I spent like $250. I bought a t-shirt, a sweater, and the rest was basically Fosters.

Is Foster's all they have?

Nope. They have a reasonably good variety of beers. Red Stripe, Stella Artois, Budweiser, I think Corona, and I'm missing some for sure. It's just that I always go for the big one and tend to ignore the rest while onbroad :D
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
  • Mark
    Petty Officer

by Mark » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:21 pm

They actually have a rather large selection of beer.
    You can expect to run into someone selling beer about anywhere on the boat. They usually only have several different brands per booth but if you ask nicely (*cough* tip *cough*) they'll get you what ever you want.
    You can head to the Irish Pub on deck 3 if you want to check all the beers they offer and what you have to pay for each.
    To answer the OPs question, we payed 800$ for 3 persons this year, about 200$ on merch and the rest on beer. It's a lot cheaper if you drink Budweiser or something, but honestly I can't stand that kind of "beer" :belly:
    Alestorm/Amaranthe/Anneke/Avantasia/Blind Guardian/Civil War/Devin Townsend/Apokalyptische Reiter/Edguy/Ensiferum/Equilibrium/Falconer/Gloryhammer/Grave Digger/Heidevolk/Korpiklaani/Omnium Gatherum/Powerwolf/Rage/Sabaton/Saxon/Therion/Trollfest/Wintersun
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:20 pm

Yeah I know that, I was joking, because he choose to only drink Kangaroo piss when there's plenty of good beers on broad. I will definitely be going to the Irish pub, have already made a note of that.

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
  • biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:37 pm

The pub rules. If you like Chimay, head to the pub first as it sold out quickly last year. I hope they bring more this time.
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:54 am

Around $500 for me. I just buy the 70k shirt.
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
  • Mr. HCI
    Crewman

by Mr. HCI » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:21 pm

Speaking of which (and sorry if this is a bit off topic), but does anyone know if there is a way to get another of last year's shirt? I bought one but it got lost a couple weeks after the cruise :(

As far as expenses, I spent about $100 a day on beer (bought quite a few for other people), about $200 on merch, and about $100 in Jamaica.
  • ExtraneouS
    Petty Officer

by ExtraneouS » Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:03 pm

Mr. HCI wrote:Speaking of which (and sorry if this is a bit off topic), but does anyone know if there is a way to get another of last year's shirt? I bought one but it got lost a couple weeks after the cruise :(

You are able to buy all previous years shirts/sweaters onbroad.
  • Mark
    Petty Officer

by Mark » Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:51 pm

ExtraneouS wrote:
    Mr. HCI wrote:Speaking of which (and sorry if this is a bit off topic), but does anyone know if there is a way to get another of last year's shirt? I bought one but it got lost a couple weeks after the cruise :(

You are able to buy all previous years shirts/sweaters onbroad.

Not in every size though - usually there are only girly shirts and/or unusual sizes left from earlier years.
    Alestorm/Amaranthe/Anneke/Avantasia/Blind Guardian/Civil War/Devin Townsend/Apokalyptische Reiter/Edguy/Ensiferum/Equilibrium/Falconer/Gloryhammer/Grave Digger/Heidevolk/Korpiklaani/Omnium Gatherum/Powerwolf/Rage/Sabaton/Saxon/Therion/Trollfest/Wintersun
  • Mr. HCI
    Crewman

by Mr. HCI » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:26 pm

Thanks. Last year was my first time.
    Rjturtle9
    Crewman

by Rjturtle9 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:59 pm

I know this isn't onboard, but I remember hearing something about there being special metal head Jamaican shirts for sale during Ocho Rios. How much were they and where were good places to find them. I'm hoping the same will happen next year in Falmouth too.
    Angra-Amon Amarth-Autopsy-Cancer-Cavalera Conspiracy-Chthonic-Coroner-Iron Reagan-Kreator-Masacre-Mayham-Necrophagist-Nightwish-Nuclear Assault-Obituary-Obscura-Onslaught-Overkill-Pagans Mind-Razor-Revocation-Sonata Arctica-Toxik-Ulver-Unisonic
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:32 pm

Rjturtle9 wrote:I know this isn't onboard, but I remember hearing something about there being special metal head Jamaican shirts for sale during Ocho Rios. How much were they and where were good places to find them. I'm hoping the same will happen next year in Falmouth too.

They were sold by the Ocho Rios Margaritaville. I think I remember that they were a little over $31.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
  • metalfan9366
    Oiler

by metalfan9366 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:26 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Usually around $400-$600 for the wife and I.

Refer to this thread created after the first cruise - will give you a bit of an idea of what to expect:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1176

Thank you for the information.
    2016 Survivor
    2018 Survivor
    taketheday
    Chief Petty Officer

by taketheday » Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:59 am

It was around $150 and $200 for me :cheers:

2013: 7545
    2014: 9554
    2015: 2633
    2016 and 2019: 7320
    2017/2018: 7624
    2020: 7324

https://www.facebook.com/Bands.support.and.promotion
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:02 pm

If you're expecting "minimal" expenses for alcohol (like me), then your onboard expenses will consist primarily of:

• merch purchases....this can be anywhere from $0 to $whoknows. I spent $220 or so on merch last year. Each band is allowed two items for sale (so, 120 items) and then there's the 70K merch.
    • non-alcoholic drink purchases. If you drink soda instead, I'd suggest getting the non-alcoholic drink package from Royal Caribbean, either in advance or onboard. It's around $10/day and includes sodas and juice.
    • "bonus" tipping. Not necessary since it's theoretically included but I usually tip my room-steward $20 if they do a good job, and if I get good soft-drink service from a bartender I'll tip 'em something, too.
    • maybe some extra money for specialty dining, etc. Last year I happily dropped a few dollars for the cover charge at Johnny Rockets because they were open 'til 5am and the 24-hr pizza wasn't very good.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
  • SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:35 am

I spent about $230 last year. Outta that, I got one girlie cruise tee, a few trips to Johnny Rockets, and after that, alcoholic beverages of various sorts, mainly beer. I also had no idea that tips were included, which was a little dumb. I would still tip for a nice mixed drink at the bar, but not for beer at one of the carts.

Some people's spend amounts from previous cruises look scary, but those are people who buy lots of merch. People want the special edition t-shirts or something for an artist to sign. Then there's couples who are giving us their total bill amount.

I think for most people, budgeting $300 per person is more than safe.
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
  • EastCostChick
    Oiler

by EastCostChick » Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:21 pm

SaraMarie wrote:I spent about $230 last year.

I think for most people, budgeting $300 per person is more than safe.

2014 was my first time and I spent about the same amount. If I remember correctly, it is recommended that your room card is linked to your actual credit card but if you don't want to (I didn't) they give you a $300 limit to spend on your card and you pay it off in cash at guest services. I hope they still allow that; I didn't make it last year so this will be my first time seeing the new ship!
    Survivor years 2014/2016/2017/2018/2019/2020/2023/2024 booked :bangers:
  • metalfan9366
    Oiler

by metalfan9366 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:17 pm

Thank you to all for your input on what I can expect to spend while on the boat. It is much appreciated. Now I have one more slightly related question;
    Do I have to use my normal credit card or can I use a Pre-paid credit card that I can get from Wal-Mart?
    A friend of the family does extensive traveling and in the last year she has been hacked 4 times.
    I am slightly paranoid about anything tied back to my main account.
    Thanks for any input you might have.
    2016 Survivor
    2018 Survivor
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:28 am

metalfan9366 wrote:Thank you to all for your input on what I can expect to spend while on the boat. It is much appreciated. Now I have one more slightly related question;
    Do I have to use my normal credit card or can I use a Pre-paid credit card that I can get from Wal-Mart?
    A friend of the family does extensive traveling and in the last year she has been hacked 4 times.
    I am slightly paranoid about anything tied back to my main account.
    Thanks for any input you might have.

For your shipboard account, you should be safe to use a credit, debit or pre-paid card without too much worry. You'll be able to set up that billing via Royal Caribbean's website before the cruise and their website is (presumably) secure...or at least as secure as anyone else's commercial site nowadays.

HOWEVER, the same is not necessarily true of businesses onshore in Jamaica and I wouldn't trust them. Last year I was careful to use only US cash onshore at Margaritaville. Note that your credit-card issuer might charge a foreign transaction fee for every purchase you make onshore in, err, "Foulmouth."
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:08 am

How does one link their debit card to their shipboard account? I couldn't check out because my card was declined, despite having plenty of funds available. Ended up having to use my NZ credit card which I try to avoid because of the high fees. Frustrating.

2019 Wishlist:
  • biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:22 am

You can link it before broading when they (Royal Caribbean) sends us the check-in information for the cruise (like you would check in for an airplane). There you can add the CC you want all your stuff to go on.
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
    cronos23462
    Oiler

by cronos23462 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:47 am

only use cash in Jamaica or risk getting your card info stolen. there is a atm on the ship
    soilwork ,scar symmetry ,solution .45,dream evil, overkill, accept, venom inc,
    jeyrow
    Petty Officer

by jeyrow » Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:31 pm

some of my friends had scams in your credit cards, but it seems it was in the hotel before boarding the cruise. For this year, I'll just cash
    70000Tons - 2015 - 7307
    70000Tons - 2016 - 7531
    70000Tons - 2017 - 6231
    70000Tons - 2018 - No
    70000Tons - 2019 - 6131
    70000Tons - 2020 - No
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:32 pm

biertroll wrote:You can link it before broading when they (Royal Caribbean) sends us the check-in information for the cruise (like you would check in for an airplane). There you can add the CC you want all your stuff to go on.

Thanks. I didn't know that, I will try that this time. I gave them my debit card to link when checking in at the port and they accepted it, it seemed to be all good. But then it was declined when leaving the boat. No idea why, I was able to use it in Hollywood so I know it wasn't blocked.

2019 Wishlist:
    Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer

by Hoppy McGee » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:02 pm

All this talk of expenses has got me thinking about alcohol. Is alcohol served inside all of the concert venues on broad?
    70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
    MY.LITTLE.WISHLIST_____**CAPS=MOST.WANTED**
    /-3.Inches.of.Blood.(Reunion)-/1914-/-ABBATH-/-Abysmal.Dawn-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMON.AMARTH-/-Amorphis-/-ARCHSPIRE-/-Armored.Saint-/-Asphyx-/-At.the.Gates-/-AUTOPSY-/-Battlelore-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Fast-/-Bölzer-/-CARCASS-/-CATTLE.DECAPITATION-/-Cloak-/-Craven.Idol-/-Crypt.Sermon-/-Critical.Mess-/-DARK.FORTRESS-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Demonical-/-Desaster-/-Deserted.Fear-/-DESTROYER.666-/-DISMEMBER-/-Draconian-/-Drakwald-/-DYING.FETUS-/-Dyscarnate-/-Gatecreeper-/-Finntroll-/-GHOUL-/-Goatwhore-/-GOJIRA-/-Gorod-/-Grave-/-Gruesome-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Hath-/-High.on.Fire-/-Hooded.Menace-/-HORRENDOUS-/-Horrified-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Immolation-/-Inanimate.Existence-/-Insomnium-/-Jungle.Rot-/-Kaoteon-/-Katatonia-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Khemmis-/-King.Goat-/-King.of.Asgard-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-LEGION.OF.THE.DAMNED-/-LIK-/-Magic.Circle-/-Mammoth.Grinder-/-Master-/-Mastodon-/-MGLA-/-MIDNIGHT-/-MISERY.INDEX-/-Moonspell-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Necrophobic-/-Necrot-/-Okkultist-/-Orange.Goblin-/-Ossuarium-/-Outre.Tomb-/-Possessed-/-Powerwolf-/-PRIMORDIAL-/-Protector-/-Psycroptic-/-Revocation-/-Ripper-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Ruby.the.Hatchet-/-Sacred.Monster-/-SATAN-/-Skálmöld-/-Skeletal.Remains-/-SOEN-/-SULPHUR.AEON-/-Taake-/-TANKARD-/-Temple.of.Void-/-Testament-/-The.Crown-/-THULCANDRA-/-Thyrfing-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tribulation-/-Uada-/-Unleashed-/-VADER-/-Venom.Inc.-/-Watain-/-Xentrix/{white=booked}/{red=ruled.out}
    mikijonas
    Crewman

by mikijonas » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:10 pm

Yes, sir.
    Make love, not war... and while you are at it, listen to metal!

2012 - Survivor (Don´t remember)
    2015 - 9561
    2016 - 6500
    2017 - 9561
    Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer

by Hoppy McGee » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:24 pm

mikijonas wrote:Yes, sir.

:beerbang:
    70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
    MY.LITTLE.WISHLIST_____**CAPS=MOST.WANTED**
    /-3.Inches.of.Blood.(Reunion)-/1914-/-ABBATH-/-Abysmal.Dawn-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMON.AMARTH-/-Amorphis-/-ARCHSPIRE-/-Armored.Saint-/-Asphyx-/-At.the.Gates-/-AUTOPSY-/-Battlelore-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Fast-/-Bölzer-/-CARCASS-/-CATTLE.DECAPITATION-/-Cloak-/-Craven.Idol-/-Crypt.Sermon-/-Critical.Mess-/-DARK.FORTRESS-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Demonical-/-Desaster-/-Deserted.Fear-/-DESTROYER.666-/-DISMEMBER-/-Draconian-/-Drakwald-/-DYING.FETUS-/-Dyscarnate-/-Gatecreeper-/-Finntroll-/-GHOUL-/-Goatwhore-/-GOJIRA-/-Gorod-/-Grave-/-Gruesome-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Hath-/-High.on.Fire-/-Hooded.Menace-/-HORRENDOUS-/-Horrified-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Immolation-/-Inanimate.Existence-/-Insomnium-/-Jungle.Rot-/-Kaoteon-/-Katatonia-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Khemmis-/-King.Goat-/-King.of.Asgard-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-LEGION.OF.THE.DAMNED-/-LIK-/-Magic.Circle-/-Mammoth.Grinder-/-Master-/-Mastodon-/-MGLA-/-MIDNIGHT-/-MISERY.INDEX-/-Moonspell-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Necrophobic-/-Necrot-/-Okkultist-/-Orange.Goblin-/-Ossuarium-/-Outre.Tomb-/-Possessed-/-Powerwolf-/-PRIMORDIAL-/-Protector-/-Psycroptic-/-Revocation-/-Ripper-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Ruby.the.Hatchet-/-Sacred.Monster-/-SATAN-/-Skálmöld-/-Skeletal.Remains-/-SOEN-/-SULPHUR.AEON-/-Taake-/-TANKARD-/-Temple.of.Void-/-Testament-/-The.Crown-/-THULCANDRA-/-Thyrfing-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tribulation-/-Uada-/-Unleashed-/-VADER-/-Venom.Inc.-/-Watain-/-Xentrix/{white=booked}/{red=ruled.out}
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:57 pm

Hoppy McGee wrote:All this talk of expenses has got me thinking about alcohol. Is alcohol served inside all of the concert venues on broad?

just outside the doors of every stage .... although they do have runners/crew who do circulate inside the venue during the show
    :cheers: :givebeer:
  • cobhc
    Wiper

by cobhc » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:06 am

What do you pay for on board? I know things like booze, fizzy drinks, some fast food etc. But what about the other things such as climbing wall, the surf board thing etc. Is there a charge for those or does it come included? Thats if i can find time for anything other than drinking and bands anyway!
    mikijonas
    Crewman

by mikijonas » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:27 am

You pay for booze, sodas, cocktails and food in the specialty restaurants. Some of the restaurantes you pay just a fee (Johnny Rockets/Haagen Dasz) and not the actual food you order.

Last year I saw no one using anything but the wave thing. It is paid.
    Make love, not war... and while you are at it, listen to metal!

2012 - Survivor (Don´t remember)
    2015 - 9561
    2016 - 6500
    2017 - 9561
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:53 pm

I don't know if the wave thing was included or not, I didn't go on that. But I do know the climbing wall and mini golf are included.

2019 Wishlist:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:02 pm

The "wave thing" (Flowrider) is free, but you can pay to get private lessons on it.

I believe they cost about $US60 and go for one hour.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:33 pm

:lol: I knew the name, I just couldn't think of it at that moment.

2019 Wishlist:
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:27 am

doomguy wrote:
    biertroll wrote:You can link it before broading when they (Royal Caribbean) sends us the check-in information for the cruise (like you would check in for an airplane). There you can add the CC you want all your stuff to go on.

Thanks. I didn't know that, I will try that this time. I gave them my debit card to link when checking in at the port and they accepted it, it seemed to be all good. But then it was declined when leaving the boat. No idea why, I was able to use it in Hollywood so I know it wasn't blocked.

If Royal Caribbean (or anyone else) placed a temporary hold on the debit card, like a lot of hotels do, then that could have caused the issue. This is one of the few reasons why it's good to have one "true" credit card. (And let's face it, a cruise ship is basically one giant floating hotel. The Captain is the commanding officer, but the Hotel Director is the second-in-command.)
    2025 Wishlist:
  • mjb7e
    Oiler

by mjb7e » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:30 pm

Can someone explain how the non-alcoholic drink situation is? Can I drink water for free? What about other drinks, like soda or juice? Thanks.
Post Reply 58 posts