Post Reply 58 posts
What can I expect to spend while on-board?
  • JARI
    Petty Officer

Re: What can I expect to spend while on-board?

by JARI » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:17 pm

700$ fo a alcohol on boat+ magarethaville + t-shirt. So not bad. Ok beach party took a littlebit money too. :heavydrink: :viking:
    70k survivor 2013
    70k survivor 2015
    2017 cabin 6223
  • JARI
    Petty Officer

by JARI » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:20 pm

700$ fo a alcohol on boat+ magarethaville + t-shirt. So not bad. Ok beach party took a littlebit money too. :heavydrink: :viking:
    mjb7e wrote:Can someone explain how the non-alcoholic drink situation is? Can I drink water for free? What about other drinks, like soda or juice? Thanks.

Dont drink water, fish fuck i it.
    70k survivor 2013
    70k survivor 2015
    2017 cabin 6223
  • JARI
    Petty Officer

by JARI » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:24 pm

Hoppy McGee wrote:All this talk of expenses has got me thinking about alcohol. Is alcohol served inside all of the concert venues on broad?

Not inside, exepct pool stage. But you dont die for thirsty i there :shots: :shots:
    70k survivor 2013
    70k survivor 2015
    2017 cabin 6223
  • ExtraneouS
    Petty Officer

by ExtraneouS » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:14 pm

mjb7e wrote:Can someone explain how the non-alcoholic drink situation is? Can I drink water for free? What about other drinks, like soda or juice? Thanks.

Water and Juice is free, coffee is too with breakfast I think. Soda cost money, but there is an unlimited package.
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:36 pm

Water, juice, coffee and lemonade are free 24 hours each day.
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:38 pm

There are machines here and there (basically in the restaurants) where you can have free water - it is not bottled but it tastes and feels perfectly fine - and coffee. And in the buffet restaurants, you can jump in any time (while they're open) and get as many drinks as you want (they have water and some sort of flavoured non-alcoholic drink which tastes pretty good, as well as orange juice and stuff like that).

Personally I've never understood the need to buy bottled water, but hey, to each his own.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:49 pm

for entire cruise/trip I try and stay in a $3000 dollar budget ......... this also includes hotel - plane - extra days before hand - on ship expenses and what knot ....... most often I stay there. a couple trips I shot past that, but not by much ..... more often I fall a little short - yeah me :lol: :cheers: :givebeer:
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:36 am

JARI wrote:
    Hoppy McGee wrote:All this talk of expenses has got me thinking about alcohol. Is alcohol served inside all of the concert venues on broad?

Not inside, exepct pool stage. But you dont die for thirsty i there

There's a bar in every concert venue on broad. :beerwink:
    The one on the back of the ice rink had some nice beers (limited amounts) like Rogue Dead Guy Ale, Stone IPA and Mission IPA. Obviously they ran out of those after the second day or so.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalmaciejmetal » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:05 am

Memnoch wrote:
    JARI wrote:

Not inside, exepct pool stage. But you dont die for thirsty i there

There's a bar in every concert venue on broad. :beerwink:
    The one on the back of the ice rink had some nice beers (limited amounts) like Rogue Dead Guy Ale, Stone IPA and Mission IPA. Obviously they ran out of those after the second day or so.

They had Dead Guy ale? Shit, I need to look out for that next time. Its a great beer, I had it at the Rogue brewery in Portland a few years ago
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:52 am

Yeah, I was really surprised too. They didn't have those beers listed anywhere and they weren't available anywhere else.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:57 pm

Water is free, along with some juice and lemonade service, available at all restaurants.
    Royal Caribbean will offer two non-alcoholic drink packages for us; the less-expensive one is about $10-11/day and includes sodas, etc. (A bar-service soda will cost about $3 after mandatory tip, so it's not a bad deal.) Those packages will become available for advance purchase a few weeks before the cruise after UMC forwards our info over to Royal and the cruise-line loads it in.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:03 pm

metalmaciejmetal wrote:
    Memnoch wrote:There's a bar in every concert venue on broad. :beerwink:

They had Dead Guy ale? Shit, I need to look out for that next time. Its a great beer, I had it at the Rogue brewery in Portland a few years ago

I forget who told me, but that was a mistake. The case was supposed to be set aside for a different trip I believe and they accidentally opened it. Was nice while it lasted though. :lol: The ice rink bar and the irish pub did have the best beer selection.
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • Mark
    Petty Officer

by Mark » Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:34 am

mooyagi wrote:I forget who told me, but that was a mistake. The case was supposed to be set aside for a different trip I believe and they accidentally opened it. Was nice while it lasted though. :lol: The ice rink bar and the irish pub did have the best beer selection.

Some tipping will usually allow you to get any beer they offer anywhere on the ship.
    Sadly because of that I never checked the Ice Rink bar at the back of the stage and thus never found out about those special ones :shock:
    Alestorm/Amaranthe/Anneke/Avantasia/Blind Guardian/Civil War/Devin Townsend/Apokalyptische Reiter/Edguy/Ensiferum/Equilibrium/Falconer/Gloryhammer/Grave Digger/Heidevolk/Korpiklaani/Omnium Gatherum/Powerwolf/Rage/Sabaton/Saxon/Therion/Trollfest/Wintersun
  • alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:43 am

Not sure if I posted this before, but there is a staff bar onbroad which serves beer for about a buck. You need to have a staff buddy at a 1:1 ratio to get in though. Worth getting to know/hitting on certain staff
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
  • Thrashmania
    Crewman

by Thrashmania » Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:32 pm

My GF and I consistently average about $300 each, every time we've gone. I drink more, she drinks less but gets more merch.
    70k 2012, Barge 2012, 70k 2015, 70k 2016, 70k 2017
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:57 pm

alex_canada wrote:Not sure if I posted this before, but there is a staff bar onbroad which serves beer for about a buck. You need to have a staff buddy at a 1:1 ratio to get in though. Worth getting to know/hitting on certain staff

Wait, so now we have to know how to hit on people that aren't metalheads? Damn dude, that's just not a thing I'm capable of :/

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:50 pm

Hint: boobs. Works for all genres. Us guys have more trouble. Generally I try to go by the main two rules:
    -be attractive
    -don't be unattractive
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
  • JARI
    Petty Officer

by JARI » Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:23 pm

Pellaz wrote:

Water is free, along with some juice and lemonade service, available at all restaurants.
    Royal Caribbean will offer two non-alcoholic drink packages for us; the less-expensive one is about $10-11/day and includes sodas, etc. (A bar-service soda will cost about $3 after mandatory tip, so it's not a bad deal.) Those packages will become available for advance purchase a few weeks before the cruise after UMC forwards our info over to Royal and the cruise-line loads it in.

Dont drink water, fish fuck in it
    70k survivor 2013
    70k survivor 2015
    2017 cabin 6223