Post Reply 41 posts
Questions
  • germanegyptiangirl
    Oiler

Questions

by germanegyptiangirl » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:07 am

Hey everyone!

This will be my boyfriend and mine first time on the 70000 tons cruise! We are so excited!
    I have been wanting to go since 2011, so it is really great I can finally go. The last time I was on a cruise was a very very long time ago,therefore, I have a ton of questions:
    1. Running order: I see last year he posted the full one in the early hours of the morning. Not sure if I would check my email or not. Are there copies of the running order for every day at once somewhere else?
    2. When usually does room service happen? Do they then give you the schedule for the day then and what about when you buy a pop or water package?
    3. Who do you tip on the ship and how much %?
    4. How much is merchandise usually?
    5. How early should one be at the shows to get a good spot?
    6. How do you put cash on your seapass initially? Can you put on more later on in the cruise and where do you go for that? If you have money remaining on it how do you get it back?
    7. Do they add extra rate (other than the conversion rate and what the bank charges) on your credit card if you link it to the seapass? How do you link it to the seapass?
    8. Can you bring liquids through security that are bigger than the requirement for planes (was thinking of buying sun screen in fort Lauderdale)?
    9. Can you take carry-on luggage through security with you and then take it on board by yourself without them taking it and putting it in the hallways?
    10. What time are the rooms ready?
    11. What time should you line up to get on if you want to make it the closest to when your room is ready? Can you take luggage into the restaurants if you need to wait?
    12. What happens if you are there before boarding time (checkout is at 10 am for us and the port should be only 15 min away or so)
    13. Debarkation on last day is at 8 am but you can get breakfast at that time right? What time should you actually get off?
    14. What travel documents are needed? Also in Jamaica?
    15. What is the time used on the boat (for Lauderdale time)?
    Sorry for so many questions! Thank you for answering them! I'm so excited!!!
    cowboy71
    Commander

Re: Questions

by cowboy71 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:21 am

1. Running order: I see last year he posted the full one in the early hours of the morning. Not sure if I would check my email or not. Are there copies of the running order for every day at once somewhere else?
    Yes - you should get the daily running order in your cabin every day. If not its also available at the concierge desk.
    2. When usually does room service happen? Do they then give you the schedule for the day then and what about when you buy a pop or water package?
    Room service happens randomly. And yes you get the schedule. You can purchase the drinks package when you board.
    3. Who do you tip on the ship and how much %?
    Tips are included in your up front fees, but you can tip extra if you want to.
    4. How much is merchandise usually?
    About $US20-$US25 for shirts.
    5. How early should one be at the shows to get a good spot?
    Just whenever - for the headline shows if you want to get on the barrier maybe get there half an hour to an hour early. Otherwise its not an issue.
    6. How do you put cash on your seapass initially? Can you put on more later on in the cruise and where do you go for that? If you have money remaining on it how do you get it back?
    I've never put cash on mine - always linked it to a credit card which is done beforehand.
    7. Do they add extra rate (other than the conversion rate and what the bank charges) on your credit card if you link it to the seapass? How do you link it to the seapass?
    As above, and no I don't think they charge extra
    8. Can you bring liquids through security that are bigger than the requirement for planes (was thinking of buying sun screen in fort Lauderdale)?
    Yep thats not an issue
    9. Can you take carry-on luggage through security with you and then take it on board by yourself without them taking it and putting it in the hallways?
    Absolutely
    10. What time are the rooms ready?
    Cannot remember to be honest - I think as soon as you get on the ship.
    11. What time should you line up to get on if you want to make it the closest to when your room is ready? Can you take luggage into the restaurants if you need to wait?
    As per above. You can take carry on luggage sure.
    12. What happens if you are there before boarding time (checkout is at 10 am for us and the port should be only 15 min away or so)
    You join a long queue!
    13. Debarkation on last day is at 8 am but you can get breakfast at that time right? What time should you actually get off?
    Yes - you can hang around a while at the various lounges etc until 9ish probably.
    14. What travel documents are needed? Also in Jamaica?
    Depends where you are from http://70000tons.com/travel-documents/
    15. What is the time used on the boat (for Lauderdale time)?
    Think its just local Miami time.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:24 am

1. Yeah, they give copies of the running order on the boat. You don't need to print it before getting into de cruise or anything. Plus, every day you'll get an agenda in your stateroom including the running order.
    2. If by room service you mean cleaning the room and everything, it happens 2 or 3 times a day. As for bringing food or beverages, I'm not sure of the time.
    3. We leave a tip when we leave the boat for the people who took care of our room. Also, it is optional to tip bartenders. Percentages are totally up to you :)
    4. An official t-shirt is around 30$
    5. Depends on the show but I'd say that generally 5 minutes before is enough. Except on the smallest venue. This one is completely flat and the band is not on a stage per se, so unless you're standing on the first or second row - or you're very tall - you won't see shit.
    6. You don't put cash on the card. It is directly linked to your credit card and after the cruise is finished they will charge you whatever you purchased.
    7. No. You do it on the check-in process. You'll receive more information SOON on your e-mail.
    8. Sunscreen is ok. Booze is not.
    9. Yes. I've always done it like that.
    10. As soon as you're on board.
    11. I don't think there's a good answer for this. Check-in starts at 12 (I think) and lasts until 15 or so. My friends and I will try to be there at 10 or 11 this year hoping to be on the boat at 13.
    12. Well, you wait :)
    13. Yeah, you can get breakfast and you can leave the boat a little bit later than 8.
    14. Passport. When you set foot on Jamaica you will only need your room card, but I think taking the passport is not a bad idea, just in case of emergency.
    15. Ft. Lauderdalte time, yes.

Welcome, and be ready to live a lifetime experience!
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
  • germanegyptiangirl
    Oiler

by germanegyptiangirl » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:28 am

Thanks for the answers!
    spooky
    Petty Officer

by spooky » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:42 am

thank you for these questions. i had similar! this is my first cruise and 70k as well. cheers! ;)
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2021: FUCK COVID
    2022: FUCK COVID
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
  • EastCostChick
    Oiler

by EastCostChick » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:56 am

germanegyptiangirl wrote:6. How do you put cash on your seapass initially? Can you put on more later on in the cruise and where do you go for that? If you have money remaining on it how do you get it back?

This will be my second time on the cruise. My first time in 2014, I didn't want my room card linked to my credit card and they let me put down a cash deposit. Once you spend the limit, you go to guest services and pay more cash to put on the card. I checked on Royal Caribbean website and it seems they still allow it. http://www.royalcaribbean.com/beforeyouboard/whatToKnow/topTenFAQs/detail.do?pagename=top_10_faqs&pnav=4&snav=2&faqId=265&faqSubjectName=Top+FAQ%27s
    Survivor years 2014/2016/2017/2018/2019/2020/2023/2024 booked :bangers:
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:11 am

EastCostChick wrote:
    germanegyptiangirl wrote:6. How do you put cash on your seapass initially? Can you put on more later on in the cruise and where do you go for that? If you have money remaining on it how do you get it back?

This will be my second time on the cruise. My first time in 2014, I didn't want my room card linked to my credit card and they let me put down a cash deposit. Once you spend the limit, you go to guest services and pay more cash to put on the card. I checked on Royal Caribbean website and it seems they still allow it. http://www.royalcaribbean.com/beforeyouboard/whatToKnow/topTenFAQs/detail.do?pagename=top_10_faqs&pnav=4&snav=2&faqId=265&faqSubjectName=Top+FAQ%27s

I wouldn't recommend this system unless you have very few bucks in your account or very serious drinking issues and want to put a limit to yourself. Otherwise it is much more confortable to link the credit card to the room card.

Thinking of it, another good reason to be cautions is in case you get your card stolen, but I guess there are some procedures to avoid abuse in that case.
    Wishlist:
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

• broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:21 pm

germanegyptiangirl wrote:Thanks for the answers!

10. If you embark early the room should be ready by 13.00.
    metal4ever
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:10 pm

bodomdragon wrote:
    EastCostChick wrote:

I wouldn't recommend this system unless you have very few bucks in your account or very serious drinking issues and want to put a limit to yourself. Otherwise it is much more confortable to link the credit card to the room card.

Thinking of it, another good reason to be cautions is in case you get your card stolen, but I guess there are some procedures to avoid abuse in that case.

They will issue you a replacement card and cancel the old one.
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:40 am

bodomdragon wrote:14. Passport. When you set foot on Jamaica you will only need your room card, but I think taking the passport is not a bad idea, just in case of emergency.

I'm pretty sure your SeaPass card and a photo ID are required for re-boarding....at least officially.
    Most people don't debark in port with their passports (and I don't either), but if something should happen and you miss the boat, then you're really up the creek.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:44 am

Pellaz wrote:
    bodomdragon wrote:14. Passport. When you set foot on Jamaica you will only need your room card, but I think taking the passport is not a bad idea, just in case of emergency.

I'm pretty sure your SeaPass card and a photo ID are required for re-boarding....at least officially.
    Most people don't debark in port with their passports (and I don't either), but if something should happen and you miss the boat, then you're really up the creek.

That's why I recommended taking the passport with you just in case of emergency :) (although I must admit I think I've never done it)
    Wishlist:

• germanegyptiangirl
    Oiler

by germanegyptiangirl » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:31 pm

Thanks again everyone for the quick replies and very helpful answers! :) I am so extremely excited and there are already so many bands announced that I really want to see! So anyways, the check-in and the drink packages brought up some more questions. They seem extremely expensive, so that makes me wonder how much is pop and tea and coffee by itself if you don't get the Replenish package? I am considering the Replenish package since my boyfriend and I don't drink so it may be worth it for us. What did you guys think of the Replenish package?

Thanks! :viking:
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:33 pm

What do you drink? You can get water, coffee, tea, iced tea, and lemonade for free.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    Rjturtle9
    Crewman

by Rjturtle9 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:43 pm

Razor Ramon wrote:What do you drink? You can get water, coffee, tea, iced tea, and lemonade for free.

This changes everything for me. I thought all drinks we had to pay for not just soda and beer. I love lemonade so no drink package for me.
    Angra-Amon Amarth-Autopsy-Cancer-Cavalera Conspiracy-Chthonic-Coroner-Iron Reagan-Kreator-Masacre-Mayham-Necrophagist-Nightwish-Nuclear Assault-Obituary-Obscura-Onslaught-Overkill-Pagans Mind-Razor-Revocation-Sonata Arctica-Toxik-Ulver-Unisonic
  • germanegyptiangirl
    Oiler

by germanegyptiangirl » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:43 pm

Razor Ramon wrote:What do you drink? You can get water, coffee, tea, iced tea, and lemonade for free.

I mostly drink tea and water actually. If I knew how, I would post a picture of my tea collection which I am very proud of. I am a bit tea obsessed. :oops:
    Thanks for the reply. It is very helpful.
  • germanegyptiangirl
    Oiler

by germanegyptiangirl » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:47 pm

spooky wrote:thank you for these questions. i had similar! this is my first cruise and 70k as well. cheers! ;)

No problem! Anything to help a fellow new 70k cruiser out. :)
  • LuisG4
    Wiper

by LuisG4 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:40 am

Does anyone know if there is a coffeemaker in the cabins? We're in an interior cabin, N section.
  • metalfan9366
    Oiler

by metalfan9366 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:41 am

I have a question about the physical SeaPass used on the Ship.
    Is it a laminated card? Does it come with a lanyard to carry it around?
    Should I bring a lanyard for it.
    Should I treat it like a Credit Card and just carry it in my wallet?
    Thanks for any info you can give me.
    2016 Survivor
    2018 Survivor
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:57 am

metalfan9366 wrote:I have a question about the physical SeaPass used on the Ship.

Is it a laminated card? YES
    Does it come with a lanyard to carry it around? NO
    Should I bring a lanyard for it. YES(You can punch a hole at the front office)
    Should I treat it like a Credit Card and just carry it in my wallet? YES, but leave the wallet in the room and keep you card around your neck
    metal4ever
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:00 am

LuisG4 wrote:Does anyone know if there is a coffeemaker in the cabins? We're in an interior cabin, N section.

no coffeemaker in the cabins!
    metal4ever
  • SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:51 am

metalfan9366 wrote:I have a question about the physical SeaPass used on the Ship.

One more thing to add, I *think* the cards can become de-magnetized, so don't shove it in your pocket with your phone. Try to keep 'em separate.

I'll have to see if I can find my lanyard. I have a bright pink one from some trade conference. Kinda hard to lose.
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
  • ExtraneouS
    Petty Officer

by ExtraneouS » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:45 am

As well, if you don't have a lanyard to bring, you can buy one on the ship for a couple of bucks.
  • kissell
    Wiper

by kissell » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:46 am

broegaard wrote:
    LuisG4 wrote:Does anyone know if there is a coffeemaker in the cabins? We're in an interior cabin, N section.

no coffeemaker in the cabins!

As a fairly picky coffee lover, this was a major issue for me on past cruises. The coffee in the dining room and even from the fancy coffee place on the ship has been lacking.

Last year I brought a clever dripper, some filters, and a choice bag of coffee so I could make a couple cups in my room. For water, I would order room two thermoses (for 3 people) of boiling water from room service. It worked great, I can't recommend this enough. Just know that the water can take up to a half hour to come so make sure you time your coffee breaks wisely.
    MikeB
    Petty Officer

by MikeB » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:52 am

SaraMarie wrote:One more thing to add, I *think* the cards can become de-magnetized, so don't shove it in your pocket with your phone. Try to keep 'em separate.

This.

A few peoples told me that, I it didn't make sense to me so I did it anyway. Guess what ? At 4am I was not able to open the door of my room so I had to go to the front desk and get a new card
    2015: Cabin 9527
    2016: Cabin 9219
    2017: Cabin 9675
    2018: Cabin 8215
    2019: Cabin 7449
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:35 am

MikeB wrote:
    SaraMarie wrote:One more thing to add, I *think* the cards can become de-magnetized, so don't shove it in your pocket with your phone. Try to keep 'em separate.

This.

A few peoples told me that, I it didn't make sense to me so I did it anyway. Guess what ? At 4am I was not able to open the door of my room so I had to go to the front desk and get a new card

I've seen this with phones and pads that have cases with strong magnetic latches on there covers. It can be an issue for sure, but a plain phone with no magnets, don't see it happening.

That being said, my phone goes in my front pocket and my ship card goes in my back pocket, so issue avoided anyway.
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:00 pm

As a Brazilian and heavy user I am also picky with coffee but i can survive 11 days with lousy coffee
    metal4ever
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:02 pm

Why you guys walk around with phones? Photos?
    metal4ever
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:20 pm

broegaard wrote:Why you guys walk around with phones? Photos?

To know what time it is, or take pics, or use the internet if you purchased wifi.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    MikeB
    Petty Officer

by MikeB » Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:24 pm

slayergeek wrote:I've seen this with phones and pads that have cases with strong magnetic latches on there covers. It can be an issue for sure, but a plain phone with no magnets, don't see it happening.

That being said, my phone goes in my front pocket and my ship card goes in my back pocket, so issue avoided anyway.

I have no magnet on my case. I really don't see how it can happens, but it happened anyway.

Yes, photos and videos is the only reason I bring my phone. It stays in "flight mode" the whole time.
    2015: Cabin 9527
    2016: Cabin 9219
    2017: Cabin 9675
    2018: Cabin 8215
    2019: Cabin 7449
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:27 pm

Yes. That and this year the band schedule will be on your phone.
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:28 pm

I bought wifi this time so I'll be using that. Not being able to figure out where my wife was at times last year was a bit annoying.
    70000 Tons 2019
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:35 pm

Razor Ramon wrote:I bought wifi this time so I'll be using that. Not being able to figure out where my wife was at times last year was a bit annoying.

Understood. My cell has a lousy camera and I use watch.
    metal4ever
  • SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:37 pm

slayergeek wrote:
    MikeB wrote:

This.

I've seen this with phones and pads that have cases with strong magnetic latches on there covers. It can be an issue for sure, but a plain phone with no magnets, don't see it happening.

Nah, I've done it to a hotel key before, and I'm a cheap-o with a cheap LG phone and no case on it whatsoever. I like to live dangerously.
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
  • metalfan9366
    Oiler

by metalfan9366 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:55 pm

broegaard wrote:

Is it a laminated card? YES
    Does it come with a lanyard to carry it around? NO
    Should I bring a lanyard for it. YES(You can punch a hole at the front office)
    Should I treat it like a Credit Card and just carry it in my wallet? YES, but leave the wallet in the room and keep you card around your neck

Thank you for responding. Good information. I appreciate it.
    2016 Survivor
    2018 Survivor
  • metalfan9366
    Oiler

by metalfan9366 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:59 pm

SaraMarie wrote:

One more thing to add, I *think* the cards can become de-magnetized, so don't shove it in your pocket with your phone. Try to keep 'em separate.

I'll have to see if I can find my lanyard. I have a bright pink one from some trade conference. Kinda hard to lose.

Awesome. Thanks for the additional advice. I will have to steal a lanyard from my daughter. She had lots of them from college. :D I suppose you could say they are mine since I paid for them. :deathhorns:
    2016 Survivor
    2018 Survivor
    dlakavi_gusar
    Oiler

by dlakavi_gusar » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:40 pm

Is this the "offical" FB group of the survivors?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Iamon70000tonboat/

If it is how do I join? Who can approve my membership?
    10 of these bands will get me on 2017
    -/-Adrenaline-Mob-/-Apocalyptica-/-Avantasia-/-Axel-Rudi-Pell-/-Ayreon-/-Blind-Guardian-/-Civil-War-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Device-/-Disturbed-/-Dream-Theater-/-Edguy-/-Fear-Factory-/-Helloween-/-Kamelot-/-Manowar-/-Nightwish-/-Opeth-/-Pain-of-Salvation-/-Powerwolf-/-Russell-Allen-&-Jorn-Lande-/-Sisters-of-Mercy-/-Sonata-Arctica-/-Symphony-X-/-Tarja-/-Therion-/-Within-Temptation-/-

2016. Survivor (2588)
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:24 am

My wife (two times survivor) tried to join this group, she PMed the admin a picture of her seapass card, as well as other photos. Never got a reply, request still pending.
    Same thing with the 70000 tons photo group, where apparently she got silently denied (even though they also have 2500 members).
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:58 am

dlakavi_gusar wrote:Is this the "offical" FB group of the survivors?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Iamon70000tonboat/

If it is how do I join? Who can approve my membership?

No its not - obviously as you know already, there is no official group as such.

There is a "70000 Tons Of Metal Forum Fiends" group that was created by some of the original forum members here which I guess is as close to official as there is.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    dlakavi_gusar
    Oiler

by dlakavi_gusar » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:42 am

Ah, I see, how to join that group? I'm guessing it's private group since I can't find it on FB.

Godflesh wrote:My wife (two times survivor) tried to join this group, she PMed the admin a picture of her seapass card, as well as other photos. Never got a reply, request still pending.
    Same thing with the 70000 tons photo group, where apparently she got silently denied (even though they also have 2500 members).

Yeah, me too, sent him a message a few weeks ago, no response at all.
    10 of these bands will get me on 2017
    -/-Adrenaline-Mob-/-Apocalyptica-/-Avantasia-/-Axel-Rudi-Pell-/-Ayreon-/-Blind-Guardian-/-Civil-War-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Device-/-Disturbed-/-Dream-Theater-/-Edguy-/-Fear-Factory-/-Helloween-/-Kamelot-/-Manowar-/-Nightwish-/-Opeth-/-Pain-of-Salvation-/-Powerwolf-/-Russell-Allen-&-Jorn-Lande-/-Sisters-of-Mercy-/-Sonata-Arctica-/-Symphony-X-/-Tarja-/-Therion-/-Within-Temptation-/-

2016. Survivor (2588)
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:23 pm

You need a friend to invite you to the group(s). If you don't know anyone in these groups, add me (or anyone here who has their facebook on their profile) and message me about who you are etc. :beerwink:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
Post Reply 41 posts