Post Reply 29 posts Page 1 of 1
Shore Excursions
    mike314
    Oiler

Shore Excursions

by mike314 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:16 am

This is my second cruise with 70K. And I just checked in online. After the check in was done I saw an option to pick shore excursions right from the Royal Caribbean site. I wanted to buy one right away while I still had the funding, but the 70k site had no info on excursions. Does 70K limit any of these? Should I wait to see what they specifically offer? Has anyone bought one in advance? Help out a noob here. Thanks :viking:
  • CFH
    Crewman

Re: Shore Excursions

by CFH » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:20 am

I was just about to come and ask the exact same question.

I'm looking at the Red Stripe Beach excursion..
    MissTool
    Oiler

by MissTool » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:28 am

If you go on cruise planner you can see all the excursions and book it.
    I wanna go to some beach but I will probably do something on my own. The excursions are over priced and I think is better to be on my own schedule.
    cronos23462
    Oiler

by cronos23462 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:13 pm

the excursions are limited to a certain number of ppl,if you see something you really like don't wait...and if another ship is in port at the same time they have axcess to the same excursions
    soilwork ,scar symmetry ,solution .45,dream evil, overkill, accept, venom inc,
    Rjturtle9
    Crewman

by Rjturtle9 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:26 pm

Is there a way to see the excursions without the check in email?
    Angra-Amon Amarth-Autopsy-Cancer-Cavalera Conspiracy-Chthonic-Coroner-Iron Reagan-Kreator-Masacre-Mayham-Necrophagist-Nightwish-Nuclear Assault-Obituary-Obscura-Onslaught-Overkill-Pagans Mind-Razor-Revocation-Sonata Arctica-Toxik-Ulver-Unisonic
  • Mr. HCI
    Crewman

by Mr. HCI » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:49 pm

Depending on how much a fanboy/fangirl you are, you might want to hold off on booking any shore excursions. Last year they did a bunch of excursions with members of several of the bands. If this kind of thing appeals to you, you might want to wait to see if they're planning on doing the same thing this year.

Personally, I just walked around, found a nice private beach, and had some Red Stripes and some curried goat. That worked out well.
    MonicaMM
    Crewman

by MonicaMM » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:46 am

mike314 wrote: Has anyone bought one in advance?

Yes, last year I booked an excursion in advance with Royal Caribbean. A few days later UMC announced the very same options, same prices, but with some band members.
    So if you dont mind about having especific bands partying with you, go for it and get the excursion you want the most before it's sold out.
    2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2020 and 2023 survivor

Favorite bands: Amorphis - Samael - Moonspell - Blind Guardian - Therion - Paradise Lost - Rammstein - Avantasia - Helloween
    cronos23462
    Oiler

by cronos23462 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:53 pm

go to royal carribeans website and it will show you excursions for Falmouth,though I thought in the past there were ones offered with band members....those would be on 70000 tons website,but nothing yet

Rjturtle9 wrote:Is there a way to see the excursions without the check in email?
    cronos23462
    Oiler

by cronos23462 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:55 pm

the red stripe beach looks good,nice reviews....and not too far away..some excursions are a hour or more bus ride ....no thanks

the red
    MissTool wrote:If you go on cruise planner you can see all the excursions and book it.
    I wanna go to some beach but I will probably do something on my own. The excursions are over priced and I think is better to be on my own schedule.
    Jephi
    Oiler

by Jephi » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:30 am

Does anyone know if there is a beach within walking distance of the port?
    2012 * BTH * 2015 * 2016 * 2017 * 2020
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:39 am

Jephi wrote:Does anyone know if there is a beach within walking distance of the port?

This is not. There is a Margaritaville at the port that has a pool and hot tub. No beaches though. You can take a shuttle to Red Stripe Beach which is about 10 minutes away.
    2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

2025 - Maybe time to come out of 70K retirement!
    MissTool
    Oiler

by MissTool » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:14 pm

I might go to the Red then. Thanks for the tip.
    Rjturtle9
    Crewman

by Rjturtle9 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:38 pm

I guess Red Stripe beach it is. Do you need to book the excursion beforehand or do any of you think we can hop on a shuttle when we land. Also people that bought that excursion get off before those who did not when we arrive to Jamaica correct?
    Angra-Amon Amarth-Autopsy-Cancer-Cavalera Conspiracy-Chthonic-Coroner-Iron Reagan-Kreator-Masacre-Mayham-Necrophagist-Nightwish-Nuclear Assault-Obituary-Obscura-Onslaught-Overkill-Pagans Mind-Razor-Revocation-Sonata Arctica-Toxik-Ulver-Unisonic
    JDX
    Wiper

by JDX » Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:46 am

Anyone thinking about doing Dunns Falls?
    2016 cabin 8231
    Mal2000
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mal2000 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:22 am

JDX wrote:Anyone thinking about doing Dunns Falls?

Yes, our party of 3 (me and 2 young men) think about doing falls, since we did not go last year to 70k.
    I am not booking it yet, though.
    Will look while on broad.
    70K 2012, Barge to Hell, 70K 2014, 70K 2016, 70K 2018, 70K 2019, 70K 2020, 70K 2023
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:27 am

I liked Dunn's Falls last year. The tourist guides can be quite irritating, and they'll make you feel like a stupid, classical tourist - not that you are any of that of course - but the excursion is beautiful and fun.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    Mal2000
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mal2000 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:44 am

bodomdragon wrote:I liked Dunn's Falls last year. The tourist guides can be quite irritating, and they'll make you feel like a stupid, classical tourist - not that you are any of that of course - but the excursion is beautiful and fun.

I like them as well. Done it before, not metal cruise :trashdrink:
    I would like to do them again but not sure yet if drive time is not too long from Falmouth
    70K 2012, Barge to Hell, 70K 2014, 70K 2016, 70K 2018, 70K 2019, 70K 2020, 70K 2023
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:39 am

I went to the falls last year with a cabin mate. We didn't book anything in advance, just arranged it in port. We only got transport, no guide.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
  • IcedInferno
    Oiler

by IcedInferno » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:44 pm

Rjturtle9 wrote:I guess Red Stripe beach it is. Do you need to book the excursion beforehand or do any of you think we can hop on a shuttle when we land. Also people that bought that excursion get off before those who did not when we arrive to Jamaica correct?

Really good question for Red Stripe Beach, that's where I'll be going.
    SoniaByNight
    Wiper

by SoniaByNight » Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:06 pm

Anyone have any experience with the dolphin cove dolphin swim package? I've head mixed things about the place but I want to swim with dolphins goddamnit!!!
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:49 pm

bodomdragon wrote:I liked Dunn's Falls last year. The tourist guides can be quite irritating, and they'll make you feel like a stupid, classical tourist - not that you are any of that of course - but the excursion is beautiful and fun.

Escaping the tourist trap on the way back felt like Image
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:08 am

Godflesh wrote:Escaping the tourist trap on the way back felt like Image

LOL.
    This is why I'm glad this cruise doesn't go to Nassau. What a hellhole.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
  • cyberchp
    Oiler

by cyberchp » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:08 pm

SoniaByNight wrote:Anyone have any experience with the dolphin cove dolphin swim package? I've head mixed things about the place but I want to swim with dolphins goddamnit!!!

we were thinking of doing this. More for the stingrays as we did a dolphin swim in Cabo. We'll wait until on board to see what the differences of the price packages are.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:23 pm

Pellaz wrote:
    Godflesh wrote:Escaping the tourist trap on the way back felt like Image

LOL.

Ugh. Barge to Hell went to Nassau. That was awful. Terrible place.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:01 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    Pellaz wrote:
    LOL.

It was a perfectly named cruise!
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
  • torpedo20
    Petty Officer

by torpedo20 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:29 am

Pellaz wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:
    Pellaz wrote:
    LOL.

It was a perfectly named cruise!

:beerbang:
    70,000 Tons of Metal: 2011(cabin: 6031), 2012(cabin: 2551), 2013(cabin:3023), 2014(cabin:2019), 2015(cabin:6455),2016(cabin:8369), 2017(cabin:8663), 2018(cabin:9227), 2019(cabin:2358), 2020(cabin:6703)
    Barge to Hell: 2012 (cabin: 2563)
    dlakavi_gusar
    Oiler

by dlakavi_gusar » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:07 am

Somebody somewhere mentioned a beach in a village nearby where there's a pub in the sea (literarily in the sea, like tables are in the ankle deep water) - is that the Red Stripe beach?
    10 of these bands will get me on 2017
    -/-Adrenaline-Mob-/-Apocalyptica-/-Avantasia-/-Axel-Rudi-Pell-/-Ayreon-/-Blind-Guardian-/-Civil-War-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Device-/-Disturbed-/-Dream-Theater-/-Edguy-/-Fear-Factory-/-Helloween-/-Kamelot-/-Manowar-/-Nightwish-/-Opeth-/-Pain-of-Salvation-/-Powerwolf-/-Russell-Allen-&-Jorn-Lande-/-Sisters-of-Mercy-/-Sonata-Arctica-/-Symphony-X-/-Tarja-/-Therion-/-Within-Temptation-/-

2016. Survivor (2588)
    Mal2000
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mal2000 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:40 pm

here is a good sum-up of what to do it Falmouth with links to excursions etc.

http://www.cruisewithgambee.com/falmouth-jamaica/
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Mon May 18, 2020 8:37 pm

Pellaz wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:08 am
    Godflesh wrote: Escaping the tourist trap on the way back felt like Image
    LOL.
    Recycling
Post Reply 29 posts Page 1 of 1