Post Reply 16 posts Page 1 of 1
Best cruise
  • IcedInferno
    Oiler

Best cruise

by IcedInferno » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:13 pm

Ok, mainly because the only thing I can think of is this damn cruise, and I'm bored, and I keep checking on the website, and it's cold. I want to know what are you guys best lineup cruise so far for 70K, base on experience or just by looking at the lineups. You can add bands that tip the balance like the ones that are a must see, the ones that are a bonus, and the ones that you would have loved (or loved) to discover, for me it's bands I know, heard song here and there but never took the time to check out even though I would probably love them. Here's my top cruises based on lineups (not including this year because I'm still waiting on the last 15 bands to be anounced. :bitch:

1. 2011
    Must : Blind Guardian, Destruction, Fear Factory, Iced Earth, Marduk, Obituary, Sodom
    Nice Bonus : Death Angel, Ensiferum, Exodus, Testament, Tyr, Voivod, Nevermore
    Discovery : Arsis, Moonspell, Unleashed

2. 2015
    Must : Annihilator, Blind Guardian, Destruction, Soulfly, Venom
    Nice Bonus : Alestorm, Arch Enemy, Behemoth, Cannibal Corpse, Ensiferum, Kataklysm, Municipal Waste, Napalm Death, Origin, Therion
    Discovery : 1349, COC, Enthroned, Tank

3. 2012
    Must : Annihilator, Venom
    Bonus : Alestorm, Cannibal Corpse, Candlemass, Kataklysm, Overkill, Suffocation, Therion
    Discovery : Dark Funeral, Samael

4. 2014
    Must : Carcass, DRI, Fear Factory, Obituary
    Bonus : Death Angel, Overkill
    Discovery : Satyricon, Pungent Stench, The Haunted, Cynic

5. 2013
    Must : Helloween, Kreator
    Bonus : 3 Inches of Blood, Anaal Nathrakh, Cryptopsy, Ensiferum, Turisas, Tyr, Unexpect
    Discovery : Immolation, Metal Church, Nile

2016 (not rated)
    Must : Cradle of Filth, Fleshgod Apocalypse, Iced Earth, Sodom
    Bonus : At the Gates, Krisiun, Rotting Christ, Turisas, Tyr
    Discovery : Aura Noir, Samael, Tsudjer
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

Re: Best cruise

by Jotunheimr » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:23 pm

2015 was by far the best line up in my opinion and I would do anything to have a repeat of that year.

Must : Einherjer Ensiferum, Equlibrium, Korpiklaani, Riot V, Venom, Wintersun

Nice Bonus : 1349, Alestorm, Apocalyptica, Behemoth, Blind Guardian, Claim The Throne, In Extremo, Melechesh, Municipal Waste, Trollfest

Discovery : D-A-D, Divided Multitude, Masacre, Trouble
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2021: Not this time. Have fun!

Wishlist: Arkona-/-Borknagar-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Lumsk-/-Necrophagist-/-Otyg-/-Savatage-/-Skyforger-/-Solstafir-/-Testament-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Varg
    MonicaMM
    Crewman

by MonicaMM » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:21 am

2015 (my first 70k)
    Must: Therion, Blind Guardian, Apocalyptica, Amorphis, Behemoth
    Nice Bonus: Michael Schenker, Annihilator, Korpiklaani, Corrosion of Conformity
    Discovery: Lake of Tears, Thy Antichrist, Ensiferum

Must: Paradise Lost, Moonspell, Katatonia, Rotting Christ, Samael, Vader, Iced Earth, Gamma Ray
    Nice Bonus: My Dying Bride, Bloodbath, Vallenfyre, Cradle of Filth, Belphegor, Krisiun
    Discovery: Subway to Sally, Insomnium (up to now)

Reading my own list I guess 2016 will be even better than 2015! :beerhorns:
    2015, 2016 and 2017 survivor

Wishlist:
    Abbath - Apocalyptica - Arcturus - Behemoth - Borknagar - Edguy - Evergrey - Lacuna Coil - Lindemann <3 - Mayhem - Michael Monroe - Moonspell - Nervosa - Novembers Doom - Sabaton - Samael - Tankard
    Mal2000
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mal2000 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:46 am

Barge to Hell 2012 best cruise ever, best lineup. No doubt.
    70K 2012, Barge to Hell, 70K 2014, 70K 2016, 70K 2018, 70K 2019
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:29 am

Best ever Barge - seen most shows, ate more, drank more, talked with more band members + great line-up .... smaller crowds which led to faster service everywhere ; would be hard pressed to match that cruise :givebeer:

most magical 2011 the first cruise :beerhorns: despite the problems - very nice line-up, met a lot of great people - unknown encounter ( the mysterious panties :lol: :lol: :lol: ) just hard to explain how great it was :cheers:

worst 2012 - had a great time, but ended up catching cruise crud (getting ill for those who are wondering what crud is) I'm guessing I was expecting more than the cruise delivered - :shock: :bitch: still enjoyed it for the most part though. :beerwink:

every cruise has had it's ups and downs and I always have a great time - how can you beat such a stellar experience?

The Cruise has ruined going to regular shows for me ... can't explain why, but if you've been on the cruise you can get an idea why. :cheers: :beerhorns: :givebeer:
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:10 pm

2015 was my only year but as far as line up goes 2012 had the best, 2015 the worst. I would never spend the amount of money to see that line up if I knew ahead of time. 2016 beats 2012 with 15 left to announce.

2015 (my first 70k)
    Must: Therion, Wintersun, In Extremo
    Nice Bonus: Amorphis, Equilibrium
    Discovery: Nothing

Must: My Dying Bride. Bloodbath, Katatonia, Paradise Lost, Lacuna Coil, Thyrfing
    Nice Bonus: Insomnium, Vallenfyre, Delain, Moonspell, Tsjuder, Epica
    Discovery: Nothing
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
  • IcedInferno
    Oiler

by IcedInferno » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:38 pm

Actually, I just checked again Barge's lineup, and that was pretty sick.

Must : Mayhem, Possessed, Sepultura, Sodom
    Bonus : At the Gates, Behemoth, Exodus, Krisiun, Municipal Waste, Nachtmystium, Napalm Death, Necronomicon (Can), Rotting Christ, Vital Remains
    New : COC, Grave, Havok

:bmhorns:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:28 pm

2011 was magic - first cruise, my honeymoon, meeting so many beautiful friends-for-life for the first time, being introduced to Tyr and Sabaton thanks to their being on the lineup. It will never be beaten from an experience perspective.

Trying to put all 5 so far in order (never went on Barge, and the music is not my thing so I won't rate it)

Must: Dark Tranquillity, Epica, Iced Earth, Blind Guardian, Sonata Arctica, Gamma Ray, Ensiferum
    Bonus: Amon Amarth, Circle II Circle, Korpiklaani, Trouble
    New: Sabaton, Tyr, Finntroll

Must: Grave Digger, Nightwish, Stratovarius, Kamelot, Alestorm, Edguy
    Bonus: Tristania, Hammerfall, Therion, Amorphis, My Dying Bride
    New: Eluveitie, Orphaned Land, Amorphis

Must: Lacuna Coil, Ensiferum, Dragonforce, Helloween, Gotthard, Tyr, Delain
    Bonus: Holy Grail, Rage/LMO, Turisas,
    New: Unexpect

Must: Blind Guardian, Arch Enemy, Trouble, Ensiferum, Therion, Wintersun
    Bonus: Alestorm, Amorphis, Apocalyptica, Crucified Barbara, Korpiklaani, Pretty Maids, Refuge, Threshold
    New: Refuge

Must: Atrocity, Leaves Eyes, Xandria, Dark Tranquillity, Freedom Call, Gloryhammer,
    Bonus: Symphony X, Bonfire, Finntroll, Orphaned Land,
    New: Haggard
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Feb Whitesnake-/-Scorpions May Tyr-/-Arkona Threshold
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:50 pm

I think 2012 and 2013 were my favourites. It hadn't lost it's "newness" for me yet and there were sooo many bands I hadn't seen. Plus the partying on the last 2 days of those were the greatest. I have a feeling this one is going to be up there too. Gonna party like never before!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
  • headlinerluxi
    Petty Officer

by headlinerluxi » Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:14 pm

Stained Class wrote:I think 2012 and 2013 were my favourites. It hadn't lost it's "newness" for me yet and there were sooo many bands I hadn't seen. Plus the partying on the last 2 days of those were the greatest. I have a feeling this one is going to be up there too. Gonna party like never before!

i agree.... :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch:
    2012 survivor
    2013 survivor
    2014 survivor
    2016 survivor
    2018 survivor
    2019 !!!
    Savatage Queensryche Powerwolf Dokken Megadeth Mob Rules UDO Wasp Ripper Owens Tesla Y&T Armored Saint Testament Iced Earth Sabaton DAD Tesla Cinderella Brainstorm
    MonicaMM
    Crewman

by MonicaMM » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:23 am

DragonLordJones wrote:The Cruise has ruined going to regular shows for me ... can't explain why, but if you've been on the cruise you can get an idea why. :cheers: :beerhorns: :givebeer:

I know exactly what you mean!
    2015 was my first 70k and then I only went back to regular shows again after June...
    2015, 2016 and 2017 survivor

Wishlist:
    Abbath - Apocalyptica - Arcturus - Behemoth - Borknagar - Edguy - Evergrey - Lacuna Coil - Lindemann <3 - Mayhem - Michael Monroe - Moonspell - Nervosa - Novembers Doom - Sabaton - Samael - Tankard
    biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:45 pm

Best cruise lineup so far?
    A tie between 2011 (didn't go) & 2012.

Barge had an awesome lineup too. Barge is more my cup of tea. That would have me running all over the place.

2011-
    The only reason I didn't go on 2011 was because I thought this was fake. No way that many good bands are going to be in one place at the same time, let alone on a cruise ship. I wish I would've gone. Duane had a blast (when he was conscious :lol: ) and never stopped talking about the boat when he got home. I would've love to have one more year under my belt yet alone with my best friend.

2012-
    2012 was so unreal. I am rarely proven wrong and holy damn was I so glad I was! Everything was awesome. Atheist dedicated a song to Duane and it was my first time seeing them. Bittersweet. Seeing Amorphis, Samael, Tankard, Venom & Annihilator for the first time. Hearing Candlemass for the first time ever on pool deck. Moshing to Cannibal Corpse in the middle of the ocean. Ears bleeding during Suffocation :lol: Drinking beer with Kirk Windstein. Meeting all the amazing friends I have these amazing memories with.

2013-
    Skipped 2013. Carpathian Forest announced for MDF meant that was an automatic booking from me.
    Doro, Helloween & Tiamat on 2013 would've been my musts.
    Even though Carpathian Forest didn't end up playing MDF, I do not regret my choice.

2014-
    Booking band: I wish I could say there was one but there wasn't. I was hooked after 2012 :lol:
    Musts: Carcass, Cynic, Death, Haggard, Finntroll, Obituary, Massacre. Haggard was huge.
    This cruise was weird. Probably because I didn't drink as much as usual on this one.

2015-
    Blind Guardian. Don't need to say anything else at all.

2016-
    Absolute must: Sodom (Sodom finishes The Big Teutonic Four for me live and they just cancelled MDF)
    Musts: Aura Noir, Katatonia, Bloodbath
    There are a lot of repeats for me. I'm stoked to see the rest of the lineup.

DragonLordJones wrote:The Cruise has ruined going to regular shows for me ... can't explain why, but if you've been on the cruise you can get an idea why.

Completely agree.
    It's gotta be bucket list for me to even consider paying for it, if it's not the cruise.
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
    MissTool
    Oiler

by MissTool » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:06 am

It will be my first 70k cruise but I have been to Progressive Nation at Sea in 2014 and had an awesome time. A music festival on a cruise ship definitely spoils you for life. Katatonia and a few friends telling me how great 70k is, sealed the deal for me. As for now the lineup is not that great for me since I really don´t like Power Metal and Folk I can take in small doses, also several bands are repeats for me but I am sure it will be incredible nonetheless.
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:25 am

Let's see...

2011: Arsis, Epica, Malevolent Creation, The Absence, Twilight of the Gods
    2012: Atheist, Candlemass, God Dethroned, Moonsorrow, My Dying Bride, Nightwish, Samael, Suffocation, Tristania
    2013: Anaal Nathrakh, Cryptopsy, Delain, Immolation, Nile, Sinister
    2014: Cynic, D.T.A., Septicflesh, Swallow the Sun, Pungent Stench
    2015: Jungle Rot, Masacre, Monstrosity, Origin, Triosphere

Couldn't make it to Barge due to work, but if I were to attend it, these seem like the best bands there:
    Grave, Lock Up, Loudblast, Monstrosity, Solstafir

So it does seem like 2012 was the best cruise for me so far lineup-wise. Delain, Immolation and Nile take 2013 close even if the overall lineup was terrible. This year's lineup, even if we're lacking in death metal, is quite good and might end up being better than the one of 2012.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:54 am

Mal2000 wrote:Barge to Hell 2012 best cruise ever, best lineup. No doubt.

Agree on this.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    torpedo20
    Petty Officer

by torpedo20 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:59 am

gnoff_the_creep wrote:2011 for being the first and I was half (or more) expecting it all to be a hoax until it actually happened.
    Only did go since Amon Amarth was signed for it, but the cruise itself, or mainly you guys, the crowd, my friends, kept me coming back!

Barge was just fantastic.

^^^^
    That!
    Among the 70k cruises the 1st one will always be the best, no question about it. :headbanger: :beerbang:
    Musically speaking none of 70k lineups would ever match the Barge, that was just epic. :beerhorns:
    And, that even without Hypocrisy who had to drop at the last minute!
    70,000 Tons of Metal: 2011(cabin: 6031), 2012(cabin: 2551), 2013(cabin:3023), 2014(cabin:2019), 2015(cabin:6455),2016(cabin:8369), 2017(cabin:8663), 2018(cabin:9227), 2019(cabin:2358), 2020(cabin:6703)
    Barge to Hell: 2012 (cabin: 2563)
Post Reply 16 posts Page 1 of 1