Post Reply 6 posts Page 1 of 1
Anyone ever taken the ship 'All access tour'?
    Bob
    Petty Officer

Anyone ever taken the ship 'All access tour'?

by Bob » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:40 pm

While browsing the Cruise Planner options, I noticed an option I didn't see last year. It's the 'All access tour' of the ship, the Bridge, the Engine Control Room, etc. https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/cruis ... 2640644420

Has anyone ever taken this tour? I'm kinda tempted since I think it would be neat to see. But for $150? It's gotta be really really cool. So like the $100 internet package, I'll probably pass.
    Wishlist 2021: Ranked in order of:
    1. Sheetz-my-panties and line up on the center rail for both sets if announced.

Rotting_Christ-/-Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-Suicidal_Tendencies
    2. Never seen them live.
    Anaal_Nathrakh-/-Burning_Witches-/-Combichrist-/-Dee_Snider-/-Gojira-/-Grai-/-Inquisition-/-Jinjer-/-Lovebites-/-King_Diamond-/-Rob_Zombie-/-Russkaja-/-Saturnus-/-Temple_of_Evil-/-The_Heard-/-The_Hu-/-Vader-/-Vermilia-/-Visigoth-/-VUUR
    3. Seen them before and would love to see them on das boat.
    Amorphis-/-Avatar-/-Babymetal-/-Beasto_Blanco-/-Behemoth-/-Fleshgod_Apocalypse-/-Insomnium-/-Lacuna_Coil-/-Lamb_of_God-/-Meshuggah-/-Metalachi-/-Metsatöll-/-Myrkur-/-Oceans_of_Slumber-/-Sabaton-/-Sepultura-/-Therion-/-The_Iron_Maidens-/-Wolves_in_the_Throne_Room
    70K Survivor - 2015, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
    slayergeek
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: Anyone ever taken the ship 'All access tour'?

by slayergeek » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:17 pm

Bob wrote:While browsing the Cruise Planner options, I noticed an option I didn't see last year. It's the 'All access tour' of the ship, the Bridge, the Engine Control Room, etc. https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/cruis ... 2640644420

Has anyone ever taken this tour? I'm kinda tempted since I think it would be neat to see. But for $150? It's gotta be really really cool. So like the $100 internet package, I'll probably pass.

I have not done this on the Freedom class ship, but I did on the Oasis. It's pretty impressive, but I would NOT do this on this cruise. Just me personally. When your on a normal cruise, it's a great way to spend several hour of your cruise learning about the ship. On this cruise, you will likely miss several bands you might have wanted to see, and once your on the tour your on there timetable. You don't get to schedule the tour, they tell you when and where to show up and for how long.
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,See_You_In_2021

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    • iPhone Version-https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/70k-bands/id958759290?mt=8
    • Android Version-https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Bands70k

WishList
    • The_Crown-/-Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
    Bob
    Petty Officer

by Bob » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:33 pm

slayergeek wrote:...but I would NOT do this on this cruise. Just me personally. When your on a normal cruise...

I totally agree.

When ever I tell people I'm going on a cruise, they want to know where I'm going, what the destination is. This is not a normal cruise I tell them. All the fun is on the boat and I could care less about where the destination is. I did get off the boat last year at Ocho Rios, but only to say I did and have a few drinks at Margaritaville.

One tip from last year I heard about at Margaritaville. Don't use your credit card when in Jamaica, use USA cash dollars. Else you may get lots of weird currency conversion charges to your billing statement. Don't know how valid this is, but I used cash.
    Wishlist 2021: Ranked in order of:
    1. Sheetz-my-panties and line up on the center rail for both sets if announced.

Rotting_Christ-/-Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-Suicidal_Tendencies
    2. Never seen them live.
    Anaal_Nathrakh-/-Burning_Witches-/-Combichrist-/-Dee_Snider-/-Gojira-/-Grai-/-Inquisition-/-Jinjer-/-Lovebites-/-King_Diamond-/-Rob_Zombie-/-Russkaja-/-Saturnus-/-Temple_of_Evil-/-The_Heard-/-The_Hu-/-Vader-/-Vermilia-/-Visigoth-/-VUUR
    3. Seen them before and would love to see them on das boat.
    Amorphis-/-Avatar-/-Babymetal-/-Beasto_Blanco-/-Behemoth-/-Fleshgod_Apocalypse-/-Insomnium-/-Lacuna_Coil-/-Lamb_of_God-/-Meshuggah-/-Metalachi-/-Metsatöll-/-Myrkur-/-Oceans_of_Slumber-/-Sabaton-/-Sepultura-/-Therion-/-The_Iron_Maidens-/-Wolves_in_the_Throne_Room
    70K Survivor - 2015, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:02 pm

I am pretty sure that is not aviable ,like other 2 responders stated that would be a total waste of time.The first couple of 70k cruises almost all normal ship activities where unavailable ,then they started to add stuff (opened Compass Deli ,Diamond buying thing ,game room was opened etc).I think this was done because they realized we where not going to tear the ship up and then because spouses and children not there for the metal needed something to do.Well last year that got fucked as the cruise did tear shit up ,very childish and the security on this cruise has been really beefed up.So keep that in mind this year ,you guys are not as welcomed as before because of a few screw ups.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    spooky
    Petty Officer

by spooky » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:49 pm

One tip from last year I heard about at Margaritaville. Don't use your credit card when in Jamaica, use USA cash dollars. Else you may get lots of weird currency conversion charges to your billing statement. Don't know how valid this is, but I used cash.

...thank you for sharing that. I wondered how that worked in Jamaica. with that being said, is it expensive there?
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2021: SHOW US THE DATES!
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:27 pm

slayergeek wrote:
    Bob wrote:While browsing the Cruise Planner options, I noticed an option I didn't see last year. It's the 'All access tour' of the ship, the Bridge, the Engine Control Room, etc. https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/cruis ... 2640644420

I have not done this on the Freedom class ship, but I did on the Oasis. It's pretty impressive, but I would NOT do this on this cruise. Just me personally. When your on a normal cruise, it's a great way to spend several hour of your cruise learning about the ship. On this cruise, you will likely miss several bands you might have wanted to see, and once your on the tour your on there timetable. You don't get to schedule the tour, they tell you when and where to show up and for how long.

That was exactly my thinking. I'd love to do this and I've taken the "Behind the Fun" tour on Carnival ships five times (three different ship-classes), and always learned something new each time. But during THIS cruise? Nahhh. I'd miss something cool. (It's also significantly higher on Royal...it was $55 or $95 on Carnival.)
    2021 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Bloodbath--Blood.Red.Throne--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce
    --Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--
    Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2021: SoooOOOooooooon
  • Post Reply 6 posts Page 1 of 1