Post Reply 10 posts Page 1 of 1
How many sets/bands
  • IcedInferno
    Oiler

How many sets/bands

by IcedInferno » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:26 am

To all you veterans out there, how many sets do you usually attend and how many bands to you usually see?

I came up with my list and I'm at 46 sets and 44 bands. Is that way too much or somewhat possible?

:headbanger: :bangers:
    dws515
    Oiler

Re: How many sets/bands

by dws515 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:53 am

That might be doable, but it is very, very aggressive, and you probably won't be able to see all of each set that you want. I saw all or part of 34 total performances, not including the All Star Jam. Depending on what you focus your time on, that is probably about average. I like to explore the ship, gamble, hang out with friends from previous cruises, eat regularly, spend a little time in the pool/hot tubs (I also sprained my ankle last year, so I missed like 4 shows while I got it x-rayed).

I guess that my advice is to not get bummed out if you miss a show or two. Try to see each band at least once. Some of the bands play the same exact set twice, so keep that in mind.
    9 time cruiser, can't wait for round 10!
    slayergeek
    Chief Petty Officer

by slayergeek » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:18 am

IcedInferno wrote:To all you veterans out there, how many sets do you usually attend and how many bands to you usually see?

I came up with my list and I'm at 46 sets and 44 bands. Is that way too much or somewhat possible?

:headbanger: :bangers:

Yea, seeing all the bands you want is challenging. Once the schedule comes out, just plan the best your can. Try and find times where there are bands you can skip so you can do things like eat and sleep, and keep in mind the goal is to have fun! Seeing 46 sets of 44 bands is possible...but only if your super hard core about it.
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,See_You_In_2019

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    • iPhone Version-https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/70k-bands/id958759290?mt=8
    • Android Version-https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Bands70k

WishList
    • The_Crown-/-Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/-Violence-/
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:35 am

Yeah good luck !!

I've been on all 70k cruises, and I think the most FULL sets I've managed to catch is about 30. I'm old and lack endurance though :P hahaha
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:09 am

I usually end up in the 30s for at least partial sets (3+ songs). I remember trying to catch at least one song from every band on barge to hell. Don't do that :lol:
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • IcedInferno
    Oiler

by IcedInferno » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:54 pm

Thanks guys, I wont be disappointed (unless Iced Earth cancels) other than that, no chance. Even if I only see 30-35 bands which seems like the average, I will cut down on the fat and try to see my top 30ish.

:smash:
    MarkusCrane
    Wiper

by MarkusCrane » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:22 pm

Do the bands start on the first day by the way? I know the ship sails at 5. I was wondering if they begin immediately or around what time they start if they do start on the first day! :death:
    2016: Room 3314
    2017: Room 2606
    ExtraneouS
    Petty Officer

by ExtraneouS » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:29 pm

MarkusCrane wrote:Do the bands start on the first day by the way? I know the ship sails at 5. I was wondering if they begin immediately or around what time they start if they do start on the first day! :death:

Yup, they start about 15 min or so after the boat leaves.
    Wishlist
    Æther-Realm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amaon-Amarth-/-Amaranthe-/-Amorphis-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Annihilator-/-Arch-Enemy-/-Arkona-/-Asenblut-/-Avantasia-/-Avartarium-/-Axxis-/-Babymetal-/-Battlecross-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Be'lakor-/-Blind-Guardian-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodbound-/-Brendon-Small-/-Brymir-/-Cain's-Offering-/-Carach-Angren-/-Cattle-Decapitation-/-Children-Of-Bodom-/-Chthonic-/-Crimson-Shadows-/-Dalriada-/-Derdian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dying-Fetus-/-Edguy-/-Eluveitie-/-Ensiferum-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-Evil-Scarecrow-/-Ex-Deo-/-Fairyland-/-Falconer-/-Fallujah-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Galneryus-/-Ghost-B.C.-/-Gloryhammer-/-Goatwhore-/-God-Dethroned-/-Gojira-/-Haggard-/-Hammerfall-/-Iron-Savior-/-Kalmah-/-Kamelot-/-Lagerstein-/-Moonsorrow-/-Mors-Principium-Est-/-Nanowar-Of-Steel-/-Nightwish-/-Omnium-Gatherum-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Powerwolf-/-Rumahoy-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio-Mortis-/-Serenity-/-Skálmöld-/-Skyfire-/-Solar-Fragment-/-Steel-Panther-/-Swashbuckle-/-Symphony-X-/-The-Dread-Crew-Of-Oddwood-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Twilight-Force-/-Týr-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Valhalore-/-Van-Canto-/-Visigoth-/-Wintersun-/-Ye-Banished-Privateers
    70k2015 Survivor - 2328
    70k2016 Survivor - 7511
    70k2017 Survivor - 6523
    70k2019 - 3336
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:19 am

ExtraneouS wrote:
    MarkusCrane wrote:Do the bands start on the first day by the way? I know the ship sails at 5. I was wondering if they begin immediately or around what time they start if they do start on the first day! :death:

Yup, they start about 15 min or so after the boat leaves.

Yep. <grumble>

AND, one or two bands last year had sets that started at -- wait for it -- 5-fucking-AM. :shock:
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Booked!
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:51 am

cowboy71 wrote:Yeah good luck !!

I've been on all 70k cruises, and I think the most FULL sets I've managed to catch is about 30. I'm old and lack endurance though :P hahaha

In 2014 I caught around 36 . In 2015 around 38 if i am not mistaken( some gigs - partial). I want to beat this number!!!!!!!

Normally I dont socialized outside the venues.
    metal4ever
Post Reply 10 posts Page 1 of 1