Post Reply 10 posts Page 1 of 1
70k 2017 Lineup Predictions/Rumours
    cowboy71
    Commander

70k 2017 Lineup Predictions/Rumours

by cowboy71 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:25 pm

Never too early to start!

Aborted - were asked twice (Barge & 2014) but could not make it before. They keep Jan-Feb free to be able to do it next year.
    Amaranthe - said "maybe next year" when asked about 2014. Were almost 2015 but negotiations fell through, 2016 they said they would be on.
    Amon Amarth - allegedly couldn't be on 2016 due to visa issues?
    Annihilator - Jeff said so :)
    Blackguard - were negotiating to be on 2014.
    Circle II Circle - offer to play every year.
    Crimson Shadows - were negotiating to be on 2014
    Crystal Eyes - Contacted UMC for the 2015 cruise.
    Diabulus in Musica - want to be on broad
    Doro - loves cruises!
    Exodus - love the cruise
    Gloryhammer. So Chris is on every year! Also Ben Turk and Paul Templing of Gloryhammer were gutted they couldn't be there this year.
    Havok - had been contacted by UMC for 2016
    Heaven Shall Burn - keen to do the cruise
    Jaded Star - stated in an interview that they want to be on broad
    Kampfar - cruiser heard at Summer Breeze they were booked for 2015
    Leprous - keen to do the cruise
    Magnum - mentioned in an interview there were 'rumours' about a Miami rock cruise pre-2015
    Megora - band member is founder of UMC
    Morgoth - told a cruiser they would be on broad 2016
    Sabaton - love the cruise. Want on next year
    Scar Symetry - wanted to be on but could not due to impending birth in a band members' family.
    Septicflesh - Itching to return
    Serenity - cruiser spoke to them pre-2015. They said they hope to be on broad
    Skeletonwitch - believed to be in negotiations with UMC for 2015
    Solstice wants to get on broad
    Sonata Arctica - wanted to be on 2014 but "the promoter went missing"
    Swallow The Sun - they wanted on in 2016
    Symphony X - cruisers spoke to Russell Allen. He loved the cruise and wants to do it 2016..
    Thrash or Die begging to come
    Tristania - would love to do the cruise again.
    Van Canto - were asked to be on 2016 but couldn't do it due to work etc.
    Last edited by cowboy71 on Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

Re: 70k 2017 Lineup Predictions/Rumours

by bodomdragon » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:39 am

Amon Amarth were supposed to be the last confirmed band this year but as you said they couldn't make it in the end for visa issues. I would be very, very surprised if there are not onbroad in 2017.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
  • FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:16 am

you can remove vader : they were here ;)
    2019 for ABBATH+AGENT STEEL+CORONATUS+DARK ANGEL+DARK SARAH+KING DIAMOND+LEE AARON+LITA FORD+MIDNATTSOL+NECRODEATH+NOCTURNUS+ONSLAUGHT+PARADOX+REPULSION+SACRIFICE+THE DARK ELEMENT+VENOM INC.
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:37 am

I spoke with Warrel Dane and he said, if asked, he would love to be on the cruise next year.
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2023- :(
    2021, 2022- F### CORONAVIRUS
    2024 - BOOKED!! :shred:
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:54 am

You guys are missing the obvious one here. Jeff pretty much said during the jam session that Annhilator were going to be on next year.
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:29 pm

Will the 1st announced band play for 75 minutes like the last 2 cruises?
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:03 am

Jotunheimr wrote:Will the 1st announced band play for 75 minutes like the last 2 cruises?

I bet that band is going to be Amon Amarth so the answer would be yes.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:23 am

Allegaeon have been wanting to but didn't this year cus they're recording an album. I think they're lucky.

There's always a few big name power metal bands and most of them were on this year so I'd say Kamelot, Rage, Sabaton and Helloween are pretty likely. I was hearing lots of rumours about Kamelot this year and usually when I hear rumours that late and they aren't true they wind up being true the next year (Blind Guardian last year).

Myrath were in negotiations but it fell through, they really want to do it.
    Last edited by Stained Class on Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    spooky
    Petty Officer

by spooky » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:15 am

i only hope that next year is as killer as this year! lack of sleep and energy or not, this was amazing! (and bring on the kamelot, sabaton, symphony x, xandria, leaves' eyes, keep of kalessin, opeth, nightwish, etc, etc, etc!!!) :shred:
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2021: FUCK COVID
    2022: FUCK COVID
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
  • Pamela
    Petty Officer

by Pamela » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:50 am

Andy booked 4 of my top 5 bands this year so nothing will ever beat that again... BUT this early list looks really promising!!
    I'm most excited about Sabaton, then Amon Amarth, Havok, Annihilator, Sonata Arctica, Van Canto and Gloryhammer. I'll keep my ear to the ground as always, I think 2017 will be another solid year. :party:
    '13 '15 '16 '18
    Eluveitie -Saltatio Mortis-Threshold-Apocalypse Orchestra-Apocalyptica-Blind Guardian-Voyager-Solstafir-Lacuna Coil-Dragonforce-Amon Amarth-SuidAkarA-Caliban-Turisas-Caligulas Horse-Opeth-Ghost Ship Octavius-Leaves Eyes Partial list
Post Reply 10 posts Page 1 of 1