Post Reply 40 posts Page 1 of 1
Eleven shows in 70K 2016
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

Eleven shows in 70K 2016

by bodomdragon » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:34 am

Some time ago I opened a thread/survey asking for one band for eight different categories. It turned out to be quite an amusing thread, so now I'm throwing away something similar.

Eleven shows in 70K 2016:

1. The best party you had this year. The show that made you lose your mind.
    Dragonforce, 2nd set.

2. The best performance.
    Moonspell, irreligious set

3. The most positive surprise.
    Once again, Moonspell, irreligious set. I didn't even know many of the songs and it made me shit bricks!

4. The biggest disappointment.
    Children of Bodom, 1st set. Not horrible but still quite "meh" for a huge fan as I am.

5. Best female-fronted show.
    Epica's 1st show. 2nd one was fantastic too.

6. The best Cripper Award contender's show.
    Starkill. I had more expectations put on Twilight Force, and they were still very good, but Starkill were just excellent.

7. Which was your top band before the cruise, and how did it do?
    Insomnium. Certainly not the best shows I've seen from them, but still really, really good. Could have been slightly better. The problem is that in previous concerts they absolutely blew me away so the expectations were maybe excessively high.

8, 9, 10. Gold, Silver and Bronze bands, counting both shows.
    Gold: Dragonforce
    Silver: Stratovarius
    Bronze: Epica

11. And other bands you couldn't put in the podium but still need to be mentioned (yeah, I know three is not enough)
    Gamma Ray, Insomnium, Rhapsody of Fire, Moonspell, Firewind.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
  • Mark
    Petty Officer

Re: Eleven shows in 70K 2016

by Mark » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:36 am

Fun idea - here we go:

Mh close one, I have to go with the 1st Delain set simply for that "fuck yeah it's finally starting again"-feeling

2. The best performance.

Twilight Force - didn't expect too much and absolutely loved their whole set.

Once again, Twilight Force

Turisas 1st set. Don't know it if was me being a little tired, the acoustic on the pool deck or the set itself but it lacked the power and energy I felt when seeing Turisas back in 2013. Also I now know I really HATE everything from Turisas 2014.

1st Delain Set

Twilight Force!! (and it wasn't even close). They actually made me looking into doing the Sabaton Open Air in Falun.

Delain - wasn't disappointed :party:

Gold: Twilight Force
    Silver: Delain
    Bronze: Hammerfall

11. And other bands you couldn't put in the podium but still need to be mentioned (yeah, I know three is not enough)
    Gamma Ray, Iced Earth, Eluveitie
    Alestorm/Amaranthe/Anneke/Avantasia/Blind Guardian/Civil War/Devin Townsend/Apokalyptische Reiter/Edguy/Ensiferum/Equilibrium/Falconer/Gloryhammer/Grave Digger/Heidevolk/Korpiklaani/Omnium Gatherum/Powerwolf/Rage/Sabaton/Saxon/Therion/Trollfest/Wintersun
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:09 am

Ok, the power metal people have had there say, here is a different perspective

Ghoul. They just led a great party thrash atmosphere. The show that made me lose my mind is different questions, and that would be At The Gates

2. The best performance.
    This would also be Ghoul, in that they seem to put more effort into the actual performance then just about anybody this year.

Nervosa, I did not know what to expect, and they kicked ass

Missing Insomnium, was not able to see them as I had hoped to do

Nervosa

Nervosa

At The Gates, did not disappoint

Gold: At The Gates
    Silver: Fleshgod Apocalypse
    Bronze: Ghoul

Dia De Los Muertos, Sodom, Krisun, Distillator, KOYI K UTHO (I did not expect to like these guys, but they were good)
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:55 am

Turisas, 1st set.

2. The best performance.
    Epica, 2nd set.

Epica. The few songs I'd heard prior to the show sounded generic and quite cheesy, but I thought they were absolutely fantastic live. Simone is just breathtaking.

Dead Cross. Thought it was utter shite. Oh how the mighty (i.e. Lombardo) have fallen.
    Bloodbath would be a close second. Nick Holmes is just so...boring on stage.

Toss up between Epica and Nervosa. Both were fantastic.

Didn't catch these.

Turisas. The first set was my favorite of the entire cruise. So much fun, especially closing with "Rasputin". Didn't care for the second set as much (might have something to do with it being pushed back from 11:30 to 2:30...borked up my drinking schedule), but thought it was still solid. Only bummed that neither "Court of Jarisleif" or "No Good Story" made an appearance, but those are minor gripes

Gold: Turisas
    Silver: Vallenfyre
    Bronze: Epica

At The Gates (both sets were great), Nervosa, My Dying Bride, Fleshgod Apocalypse (despite the borked first set), Ghoul (music wasn't really my thing, but they were hilarious), November's Doom (coming out to chat and take pictures with the crowd before their 2nd set was very cool)
    Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:10 pm

I didn't lose my mind at any shows.

2. The best performance.
    My Dying Bride

Anna Murphy from Eluveitie, she is awesome.

My camera fuck ups, during Lacuna Coil's Heavens A Lie with Simone Simons, Katatonia playing Without God, and losing everything I got on My Dying Bride on the pool deck. Also the cold, rain, and rough seas.

Lacuna Coil pool deck

No Raza

My Dying Bride, fucking amazing.

Gold: My Dying Bride
    Silver: Bloodbath
    Bronze: Katatonia

Paradise Lost, Thyrfing, Samael, Eluveitie, Novembers Doom, Lacuna Coil, Epica
    Last edited by Razor Ramon on Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:00 pm

Dragonforce, 1st set. The energy they gave to that show was incredible. Seeing Coen from Epica and Merrel from Delain run up on stage was hilarious.

2. The best performance.
    Tough call. Probably Twilight Force's first set. They were blown away by the response they got.

Easily Abinchova. Discovered them when they were added to the lineup and liked what I heard. Walked out of that first set going "I've got a new favourite band". Everything I like about metal in one performance.

Not from any band - missing Tyr's second set as I was savouring Dragonforce's first show still was a minor disappointment

Another tough call - probably Visions of Atlantis' first set as it was such a pleasant surprise.

Ridiculously tough! I'd have to give the nod to Twilight Force, followed so closely by Abinchova and Skalmold.

Twilight Force. Them and Rhapsody were the two bucket list, never seen live before bands, and neither let me down.

Silver: Dragonforce
    Bronze: Abinchova

Gamma Ray, Iced Earth, Epica.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:55 pm

I was pretty calm this year, but Rotting Christ at the ice rink was the only time I got at least a little rowdy.

2. The best performance.
    Moonspell, Irreligious set in the Theater.

Vader. Wasn't expecting to like it but I thought they were great.

The weather. I was so excited for the final night pool deck shows.

Epica in the theater.

Vallenfyre, Pyramid Lounge.

Tough choice but probably Rotting Christ. A little disappointed they played the same sets but they were still great. I enjoyed the pool set more because the sound was better but I was drunk and had lots of fun in the Ice Rink show.

Gold: Moonspell
    Silver: Epica
    Bronze: Rotting Christ

At the Gates, Iced Earth, Katatonia
    I should get around to updating my signature
    TEKWRX
    Oiler

by TEKWRX » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:13 pm

Samael 2nd set (Ceremony Of Opposites played start to finish)

2. The best performance.
    Moonspell, Irreligious set. I forgot they were going to do this or I would have gotten to the theater earlier and got a better spot.

That both Samael & Moonspell played their classic albums start to finish. Shame Samael got pushed back to 3:15am....

Rotting Christ. They sounded great as usual, but I'm annoyed they played the exact same set both shows. They did the same thing on BTH and hoped they wouldn't do it again as they're one of my favorite bands...

Not into any of the female fronted bands, but can I put up My Dying Bride for the female bassist? And OMG was the Holy Moses chick horrible during the all star jam? So bad....

Didn't get to see too many unknowns this time. I liked what I heard from Starkill on Spotify and would have like to check them out, but it didn't happen.....

Samael. I have been waiting 20 years to see them live, and they kicked ass both times. Plus talking to Vorph at the meet and greet he was very cool and he even handed me a guitar pick directly during both sets :viking:

Gold: Samael
    Silver: My Dying Bride
    Bronze: Moonspell

Rotting Christ, Cradle Of Filth, Tsjuder, Tyrfing
    ----------------------------
    BTH Survivor (2012)
    70k 2016 Survivor
    ----------------------------
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:30 am

Great thread bodomdragon. These posts are fun & interesting to read - especially the different perspectives/answers based on taste. I really think Andy hits the sweet spot for the *majority* of metal fans with the diversity of the line-up. And as much as I think 60 bands is kinda nutty (being too many perhaps), it probably was a good move to satisfy as many people as possible. The only people (and there were only 1 or 2 that I recall on the 70K fb pages) who were really bitching about the line-up have a *very* narrow focus (genre & interest-wise). But as someone else responded, going in - one should realize that Andy is attempting to "touch all the bases," if you will. So, people should plan & expect accordingly. (d'oh)

There is no doubt in my mind that any year I'd choose to go again* - there would be plenty of bands (and perhaps more than I could manage) that I'd be interested in seeing. No doubt. :beerbang:

*I'm lookin' at 2018 at the sooooonest; this year & next are too pre-occupied financially & otherwise with sending daughters 1 & 2 off to college respectively. ;) :P
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    spooky
    Petty Officer

by spooky » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:01 am

toss up between epica (both shows) and eluvietie

2. The best performance.
    again, toss up between these two and iced earth, but so many good performances!

firewind and susperia

bloodbath was just awful vocally. not the same band without akerfeldt. lacuna coil's sound was too bottom end and it was difficult to hear vocals. also disappointed that i missed both of Tyr's sets, and a few other bands that i wanted to see. just not enough hours in the day, pinned to closely together, inability to stay awake!

epica, lacuna coil, delain

would susperia count? they were excellent! super nice fellows to boot! skal!

epica, and they did positively amazing on all levels!

Gold: epica
    Silver: eluvietie
    Bronze: iced earth

11. And other bands you couldn't put in the podium but still need to be mentioned (yeah, I know three is not enough) lacuna coil, delain, firewind, gamma ray, rhapsody of fire, KATATONIA (loved their sets, too!), visions of atlantis, stratovarius, hammerfall.

this was my first 70k, cruise, and time out of the US. i had complete sensory overload! lol! but i will take the knowledge that i obtained this year and put it to good use next year....counting the days to do this again. 70k went above and beyond my expectations! LOVED IT!!!! :death:
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2021: FUCK COVID
    2022: FUCK COVID
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
  • IcedInferno
    Oiler

by IcedInferno » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:21 pm

Vader - Got a Train to Hell going and a push up competition, even got in a chicken fight.

2. The best performance.
    Rotting Christ first set. When I went up to the bar of the venue after the show, the bartender asked me Were they the biggest band of the festival? And I was like no not really but they just stole the show. The bartender then added that he never heard a crowd this loud.

Fallujah second set, I was just amazed at the sound quality, how tight they were, the lighting. Everything just blew my mind.

Missing some bands like DDLM (slept through), Dragonforce (I had them pencil down for the show they canceled) and Thyrfing (too late)

Holy Moses first set, I'm in love with Sabina

Nervosa, So much body surfing at the Pyramid of all venues, the bouncers did a great job to not let us fall.

Iced Earth, great first set, loved the energy, the sound and everything. I was kind of disappointed that they repeated 4 or 5 songs during their second set. I also met them and they were all really nice.

Gold: Rotting Christ
    Silver: Iced Earth
    Bronze: Fleshgod Apocalypse

Gamma Ray (great atmosphere in the tub), Aura Noir (great sound), Belphegor (Good surprise), Cradle of Filth (Loved the set), Distillator (bought a shirt and had a blast), Ghoul (Lots of fun), Koyi K Utho (great live band), Krisiun (so tight), Moonspell (was blown away).
    Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer

by Hoppy McGee » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:58 pm

Bloodbath, 2nd set....kicking around a couple of ice sculpture footballs in place of the usual circle pit may sound kind of stupid....but fuck was it ever a lot of fun!

2. The best performance.
    At the Gates first performance was amazing. Was so pumped to finally see them live for the first time.

Probably Moonspell's Irreligous set. I'm not a huge fan of that album but it sounded really great live. Iced Earth also blew me away....I was always a fan but now I am a die-hard. Stu sounded amazing on everything! Another big surprise was My Dying Bride, caught their pool deck set from one of the side hot-tubs and they sounded amazing live, will definitely be giving their albums another chance now.

Completely missing out on a lot of bands that I was hoping to check out....Skalmold, Turisas, Vallenfyre, Starkill, Distillator, Samael, Tsjuder, Nervosa

Holy Moses, was planning on just checking out a few songs but were so blown away by Sabina that we stuck around for the whole set.

Missed out on a lot of the cripper award contenders....of the shows I went to I would rank No Raza's first set as the best....but don't think I checked out enough to warrant putting a vote in.

Eluveitie, only saw about three songs of their pool deck set. Was way too busy seeing bands I've never seen to even bother with them.

Gold: At the Gates
    Silver: Vader
    Bronze: Rotting Christ

Bloodbath, Iced Earth, Katatonia, Moonspell, Sodom, Fallujah, Belphegor and Ghoul!!!
    70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
    MY.LITTLE.WISHLIST_____**CAPS=MOST.WANTED**
    /-3.Inches.of.Blood.(Reunion)-/1914-/-ABBATH-/-Abysmal.Dawn-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMON.AMARTH-/-Amorphis-/-ARCHSPIRE-/-Armored.Saint-/-Asphyx-/-At.the.Gates-/-AUTOPSY-/-Battlelore-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Fast-/-Bölzer-/-CARCASS-/-CATTLE.DECAPITATION-/-Cloak-/-Craven.Idol-/-Crypt.Sermon-/-Critical.Mess-/-DARK.FORTRESS-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Demonical-/-Desaster-/-Deserted.Fear-/-DESTROYER.666-/-DISMEMBER-/-Draconian-/-Drakwald-/-DYING.FETUS-/-Dyscarnate-/-Gatecreeper-/-Finntroll-/-GHOUL-/-Goatwhore-/-GOJIRA-/-Gorod-/-Grave-/-Gruesome-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Hath-/-High.on.Fire-/-Hooded.Menace-/-HORRENDOUS-/-Horrified-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Immolation-/-Inanimate.Existence-/-Insomnium-/-Jungle.Rot-/-Kaoteon-/-Katatonia-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Khemmis-/-King.Goat-/-King.of.Asgard-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-LEGION.OF.THE.DAMNED-/-LIK-/-Magic.Circle-/-Mammoth.Grinder-/-Master-/-Mastodon-/-MGLA-/-MIDNIGHT-/-MISERY.INDEX-/-Moonspell-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Necrophobic-/-Necrot-/-Okkultist-/-Orange.Goblin-/-Ossuarium-/-Outre.Tomb-/-Possessed-/-Powerwolf-/-PRIMORDIAL-/-Protector-/-Psycroptic-/-Revocation-/-Ripper-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Ruby.the.Hatchet-/-Sacred.Monster-/-SATAN-/-Skálmöld-/-Skeletal.Remains-/-SOEN-/-SULPHUR.AEON-/-Taake-/-TANKARD-/-Temple.of.Void-/-Testament-/-The.Crown-/-THULCANDRA-/-Thyrfing-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tribulation-/-Uada-/-Unleashed-/-VADER-/-Venom.Inc.-/-Watain-/-Xentrix/{white=booked}/{red=ruled.out}
    Shadow Son
    Petty Officer

by Shadow Son » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:02 pm

This looks interesting.

There were several shows I lost my mind at, though the one I'll pick would be Eluveitie when they played in the theater. Especially when they played "Inis Mona", it felt like the crowd had an explosion of energy.

2. The best performance.
    Hard to say. I'll give it to Moonspell for their second set, but Eluveitie was incredible (as usual).

Skálmöld. Hadn't even heard of them before the cruise, and didn't listen to their stuff before catching their show on the ice rink. Had a blast, and enjoyed everything they played.

Not getting off the ship in Jamaica since my passport was in the safe and I forgot the combo, and also not going to any of the Karaoke. When I go again I'll need to make sure to go to that on the last night.

Epica's 1st show.

Skálmöld. Had so much fun at that show.

Moonspell. Both of their performances were top notch.

Silver: Eluveitie
    Bronze: Fleshgod Apocalypse (even with the technical issues during their first set, they were still incredible)

Epica, Dragonforce, Bloodbath, Iced Earth, Children Of Bodom
    2015: Survivor: Cabin 9321
    2016: Survivor: Cabin 8455
    2017:
    ABANDONED SHIP!
    2018: Survivor: Cabin 1688
    2019:
    ABANDONED SHIP!
    2020: ABANDONED SHIP!
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:28 pm

First Bloodbath set. So much headbanging.

2. The best performance.
    Both Iced Earth sets were amazing. Best I've ever seen the band.

I had never seen Insomnium play Weather The Storm or Firewind play Allegiance, so that was exciting

Dead Cross. Wasn't sure what to expect from Dave Lombardo but I really didn't like them at all.

Eluveitie were awesome, I was bored the last couple times I saw them but Ana's voice was incredible onbroad.

Starkill. Feels weird picking them because I've been familiar with them for years but they've improved a lot over the first couple times I saw them.

Bloodbath, the only actual top of my wishlist band on the lineup. They fucking delivered.

Gold: Iced Earth
    Silver: Bloodbath
    Bronze: Firewind

Gamma Ray, Insomnium, Hammerfall, Eluveitie, Sodom, At The Gates
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:34 pm

Shadow Son wrote:4. The biggest disappointment.
    Not getting off the ship in Jamaica since my passport was in the safe and I forgot the combo

No one ever even looked at passports as far as I saw.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:40 pm

Yeah you don't need it to get off the boat but it's a good idea to bring it cus if you don't make it back to the boat in time and you don't have it you are fuuuuuuuuucked.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Shadow Son
    Petty Officer

by Shadow Son » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:45 pm

Stained Class wrote:Yeah you don't need it to get off the boat but it's a good idea to bring it cus if you don't make it back to the boat in time and you don't have it you are fuuuuuuuuucked.

Exactly. Even though I knew they weren't checking passports, I wasn't about to tempt fate and potentially get stranded in Jamaica with no I.D.
    2015: Survivor: Cabin 9321
    2016: Survivor: Cabin 8455
    2017:
    ABANDONED SHIP!
    2018: Survivor: Cabin 1688
    2019:
    ABANDONED SHIP!
    2020: ABANDONED SHIP!
    capacitator51
    Oiler

by capacitator51 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:54 pm

Moonspell's Irreligious set. I had considered skipping them and I'm so glad I didn't. All-around amazing performance, and it was my first time hearing Ataegina. That one really blew me away (and made me want to do a merry jig).

2. The best performance.
    I have to hand this to At the Gates in the ice rink; I've seen them before, but they are masters of performing for the crowd.

Thyrfing's set in the lounge. I wasn't expecting to love them, but I did. So much energy, in them and in the crowd.

The storm reschedule indirectly causing me to miss three sets I wanted to see, including Insomnium.

Arkona's show in the theater. I hasn't listened to them much before the cruise, but boy do they put on a performance.

Abinchova. Cool show, though I didn't get to some of the frequently-mentioned ones like Nervosa and Starkill.

Paradise Lost; both sets were awesome, but I was a little disappointed to see that something happened to prevent from playing some songs they'd originally planned to. (I have a set list with Tragic Idol and Say Just Words crossed out).

Gold: Paradise Lost
    Silver: Moonspell
    Bronze: Vallenfyre

Eluveitie, Epica, At the Gates, Rotting Christ, My Dying Bride, Carach Angren
    -|-Barren Earth-Behemoth-Devin.Townsend-Dimmu.Borgir-Enslaved-Harakiri.For.The.Sky-Hypocrisy-Ihsahn-Inquisition-Insomnium-In Vain-Kvelertak-Leprous-NeO-Oak.Pantheon-Rotting Christ-Septicflesh-Soen-Swallow.the.Sun-|-
    scyll
    Petty Officer

by scyll » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:04 pm

Eluveitie's second set was absolutely awesome!

2. The best performance.

Iced Earth's 2nd set was absolutely mindblowing. The first one was excellent too.

TWILIGHT FORCE!! I wasn't sure what to expect, but their energy and the crowd's response were memorable.

The numerous sound problems so many bands had during the cruise. Many sets were cut a bit because of those... :-(

Epica's 2nd set was amazing.

Twilight Force, without a single doubt.

Eluveitie. I was let a bit down by their first set, but the second one was godly!

Bronze: Twilight Force

Gamma Ray, Stratovarius, Firewind, Hammerfall.
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:24 pm

Sodom 2nd set

2. The best performance.
    At The Gates 2nd set

Koyi K Utho, I had very low expectations but they were excellent with lots of variety, including some almost crossover songs, and a Sepultura cover.
    Also Tsjuder 1st set at the theater, but I didn't like the sound at the 2nd set.

Fleshgod Apocalypse, nowhere near their studio vibe.

Nervosa

Koyi K Utho

Sodom. They killed it both times, but especially the 2nd show.

Gold: At The Gates, Fallujah, Rotting Christ, Sodom, Tsjuder
    Silver: Children of Bodom, Cradle of Filth, Holy Moses, Incantation, Koyi K Utho, Krisiun, My Dying Bride, Nervosa, Thyrfing, Vader
    Bronze: Aura Noir, Carach Angren, Ghoul, No Raza, Novembers Doom, Paradise Lost, Vallenfyre

Dead Cross was... special :-) The fast drum solo from Dave was the fastest I ever heard him play.
  • headlinerluxi
    Petty Officer

by headlinerluxi » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:18 am

Iced Earth

2. The best performance.
    Iced Earth

Vader

Eluveitie

Holy Moses

Carach Angren

Iced Earth very great sets, Paradise Lost, but sorry,..great musicians, poor Shows.

Silver: Hammerfall
    Bronze: Stratovarius

11. And other bands you couldn't put in the podium but still need to be mentioned
    Gamma Ray, Rotting Christ, Vader, Bloodbath, Sodom
    2012 survivor
    2013 survivor
    2014 survivor
    2016 survivor
    2018 survivor
    2019 !!!
    Savatage Queensryche Powerwolf Dokken Megadeth Mob Rules UDO Wasp Ripper Owens Tesla Y&T Armored Saint Testament Iced Earth Sabaton DAD Tesla Cinderella Brainstorm
    Kingslayer
    Chief Petty Officer

by Kingslayer » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:35 am

Arkona's second set. I'd counted on probably not seeing them at all, but I showed up by happy accident and spent most of the set in the dance pit. Very good times

2. The best performance.
    Bloodbath. I had pretty high expectations for their live show, and boy did they deliver!

I wasn't expecting Vader to perform Sword Of The Witcher. So when they did during their second set, I truly lost my shit

Visions of Atlantis. By no means horrible, but I just felt very underwhelmed

Epica. I'd missed them when they had drop out of their North American tour back in the fall, so finally getting to see them live was very special

Starkill. I'm really bummed out about only seeing two Cripper contenders, but they were really something

Rhapsody of Fire. Caught both of their sets. The first one was damn good, but the second one on the Pool Deck was on a whole other level

Gold: Rhapsody of Fire
    Bronze: Bloodbath

Turisas, Vallenfyre, Gamma Ray, Manilla Road, Stratovarius
    2016: 9231
    2017: 6521
    2018: Don't even remember

Wishlist: Candlemass, Devin Townsend Project, Doomsword, Dzo-nga, Ex Deo, Gloryhammer, Grand Magus, Hypocrisy, King Diamond, Nile, Powerwolf, Primordial, Running Wild, Steel Panther
    metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalmaciejmetal » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:17 pm

Probably the Jeff Waters Allstar Jam. That was a lot of fun. It had the fun party feel to it

2. The best performance.
    Iced Earth, either one

Ghoul, I came in with no expectations other than they are GWAR's friends. Turned out to be such a solid show. I'll be sure to see them next time.

Nothing disappointed me. I got about what I expected. Katatonia was putting me to sleep but I wasn't already drained and definitely not in the mood for their somber variety of doom.

Nervosa. Such a sick band, such awesome people

Nervosa again.

7. Which was your top band before the cruise, and how did it
    Iced Earth, they always deliver. This one was no different. I haven't seen them in 2 years. The sets where much different in both show. Some songs I haven't heard live in years. Only about 2 songs where repeated

Silver: Gamma Ray
    Bronze: Moonspell

11. And other bands you couldn't put in the podium but still need to be mentioned (yeah, I know three is not enough) Samael
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
  • hub66
    Wiper

by hub66 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:25 pm

No one

2. The best performance.
    Epica, 1st set

Iced Earth, 1st set and Moonspell, 2nd set

Paradise Lost, 1st set

Epica, 1st set

Abinchova

Epica ... and both shows were perfect, especially the 1st one

Gold: Epica
    Bronze: Arkona

11. And other bands you couldn't put in the podium but still need to be mentioned
    Delain, Rhapsody of Fire, Moonspell, Eluveitie, Skálmöld, Abinchova
    2016 survivor
    2019 survivor
    mikijonas
    Crewman

by mikijonas » Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:16 am

Hammerfall, 1st set.

2. The best performance.
    Moonspell, 1st set

Moonspell

Not watching Dragonforce

Vision of Atlantis

Twilight Force, with Skalmold and Nervosa second and third

Hammerfall. Loved it.

Gold: Hammerfall
    Silver: Twilight Force
    Bronze: Skalmold

Gamma Ray, Moonspell, Epica, Abinchova, Arkona, Squealer, Destilator
    Make love, not war... and while you are at it, listen to metal!

2012 - Survivor (Don´t remember)
    2015 - 9561
    2016 - 6500
    2017 - 9561
    taketheday
    Chief Petty Officer

by taketheday » Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:32 am

Twilight Force - 2nd set.

2. The best performance.
    Twilight Force.

Abinchova, both sets.

Paradise Lost.

Well, they aren't a full female-fronted band, but Abinchova.

Twilight Force.

Twilight Force. I became a fan of them in May 2015 and I really enjoy to see them again and also to meet them at the bar on Sunday, just after that their pool deck set was postponed :mrgreen: Very nice guys!

Silver: Stratovarius
    Bronze: Hammerfall

Gamma Ray, Tyr, Turisas, Insomnium.

2013: 7545
    2014: 9554
    2015: 2633
    2016 and 2019: 7320
    2017/2018: 7624
    2020: 7324

https://www.facebook.com/Bands.support.and.promotion
    cronos23462
    Oiler

by cronos23462 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:05 am

At the Gates :pool deck

2. The best performance.
    Firewind: ice rink

Susperia

Dead Cross

Lacuna Coil

none,most were terrible

Stratovarious

Gold: At The Gates
    Silver: Raven
    Bronze: Strtovaroius

Iced Earth,Dragonforce,
    soilwork ,scar symmetry ,solution .45,dream evil, overkill, accept, venom inc,
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:28 am

Eluveitie, pool deck set

2. The best performance.
    See #1

Gamma Ray, thought I would catch one song but stayed for the whole set because they were so amazing
    Epica as well, they made a new fan out of me

Fleshgod Apocalypse playing in the Pyramid lounge :cry:

Delain

Starkill, theater show

Tyr, good but not Eluveitie good

Gold: Eluveitie
    Silver: Arkona
    Bronze: Tyr

Gamma Ray, Turisas, Distillator, Epica, Thyrfing, Carach Angren, Skalmold, Firewind, Hammerfall, Nervosa
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:30 pm

Didn't lose my mind, but had a blast at the All-Star Jam.

2. The best performance.
    Moonspell - Irreligious set

Thyrfing. I had seen them once before & forgot how good they were.

The schedule overlaps for my personal tastes. I missed a few bands I wanted to see (Rhapsody of Fire, Gamma Ray, Diamondhead).

Nervosa. Lacuna Coil pool deck was close second.

For 1 set: No Raza's first set. It was crushing. For both sets combined: Nervosa.

My Dying Bride, they were awesome.

Gold: My Dying Bride
    Silver: At The Gates
    Bronze: Thyrfing

Moonspell, Paradise Lost, Samael, Novembers Doom, Lacuna Coil, Bloodbath, Katatonia, Firewind, Rotting Christ, No Raza, Nervosa, Vallenfyre, Iced Earth
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    pablov8
    Midshipman

by pablov8 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:44 pm

At the Gates, 1st set

2. The best performance.
    I think At the Gates on the ice rink

Diamond Head in the Ice Rink. Lot of energy for those guys.

I guess Dead Cross

Nervosa

Nervosa

At the Gates. They blew my fucking head off my neck, then my head kicked me in my ass and threw itself off broad.

Gold: At the Gates
    Silver: Paradise Lost
    Bronze: Bloodbath

Sodom, Diamond Head, Vader, Nervosa
    70K 2012: Cabin 4023 survivor
    70K 2013: Cabin 2587 survivor
    70K 2014: Cabin 2521 survivor
    70K 2016: Cabin 6369 survivor
  • mahc999
    Oiler

by mahc999 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:53 pm

Dragonforce, 2nd set. Holy shit. I enjoyed Samael's show after, and I tried but failed to see Insomnium after that. However I feel like the festival "ended" with that Dragonforce set.

2. The best performance.
    Gamma Ray, second set. I blew out pretty much all my energy there and every show after that was spent sitting down.

Either that last Dragonforce set or Diamond Head. Both were bands we wanted to see but weren't our favorites on the boat and both brought a lot of energy.

Fleshgod. I had high hopes for them but they sounded like a mess to me. The frontman's growls were abysmal and their music would turn into a wall of noise during some of the more intense parts. I seem to be in the minority here as I spoke to a few people about them getting off the boat. A friend of mine in Seattle saw them recently and agreed with me, he thinks they don't really deliver live.

Didn't really catch a full female fronted set, but hearing Anne Murphy do her screams on The Siege live kicked ass

Twilight Force. I heard good things about Nervosa and Starkill and am now regretting missing both. Abinchova was good. I unfortunately couldn't make Painful work.

Gamm Ray or Carach Angren. We weren't really here for ONE band as much as we were last year but rather for the whole show. Didn't catch CA unfortunately, just couldn't make it work. Gamma Ray killed it despite shortened sets.

Gold: Gamma Ray
    Silver: Dragonforce
    Bronze: Eluvietie

Firewind, Rhapsody, Stratovarius, Eluvietie, Abinchova, Samael, Diamond Head
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:08 pm

mahc999 wrote:7. Which was your top band before the cruise, and how did it do?
    Gamm Ray or Carach Angren. We weren't really here for ONE band as much as we were last year but rather for the whole show. Didn't catch CA unfortunately, just couldn't make it work. Gamma Ray killed it despite shortened sets.

Really?? You couldn't catch Carach Angren? What were you doing after the muster drill? :D
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    Mal2000
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mal2000 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:13 am

All Star Jam, except for a disaster start of Sabina, of course.

2. The best performance.
    Without any doubt – VADER second show at Ice Rink

Ghoul – badass show and such great party with friends

Fleshgod Apocalypse was huge disappointment . I used to like them a lot but after 70k I’ll not watch their show anymore.

None, whatsoever.

No idea. There were too many bands to see & to little time. I did not see any Cripper candidates show.

Katatonia & Tsjuder – both were amazing

Gold: Vader
    Silver: Katatonia
    Bronze: Tsjuder

Iced Earth, Moonspell, Rotting Christ
    70K 2012, Barge to Hell, 70K 2014, 70K 2016, 70K 2018, 70K 2019, 70K 2020, 70K 2023
  • mahc999
    Oiler

by mahc999 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:03 am

bodomdragon wrote:
    mahc999 wrote:7. Which was your top band before the cruise, and how did it do?

Really?? You couldn't catch Carach Angren? What were you doing after the muster drill? :D

I elected to see Raven then. I don't know why, I think it's because I didn't know how the Pyramid would sound and wanted to catch Carach at one of the other stages. I don't regret seeing Raven, but I regret missing Carach
  • VikingrBlood
    Wiper

by VikingrBlood » Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:16 pm

Delain first set. One of my top bands kicking off day one in the Alhambra. Welcome back on board!

2. The best performance.
    Eluveitie pool deck set

Epica

Children of Bodom. They were complete pricks at the meet and greet.

Delain

Abinchova

Eluveitie. Ive never seen them before. They were incredible.

Gold: Delain
    Silver: Lacuna Coil
    Bronze: Eluveitie

Abinchova, Epica, Arkona, Carach Angren, Tyr, Visions of Atlantis.
    70000 Tons 2015 Cabin 6111
    70000 Tons 2016 Cabin 9687
    70000 Tons 2017 Cabin 2260
    jeyrow
    Petty Officer

by jeyrow » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:50 pm

Arkona, 2nd set.

2. The best performance.
    Cradle of Filth, 2nd set.

Twilight Force, amazing!!!

Fleshgod A. at the pool deck, only songs for the fucking sound "problem"

Masha from Arkona, 2nd set.

Twilight Force.

Skälmóld, It's a band that I'll never see in my country, only at European Festivals, besides being one of my favorite bands and closeness you have with them, it was possible to meet them and share some beers

Gold: Skälmóld
    Bronze: Cradle of Filth

Epica - Hammerfall - Rotting Christ
    70000Tons - 2015 - 7307
    70000Tons - 2016 - 7531
    70000Tons - 2017 - 6231
    70000Tons - 2018 - No
    70000Tons - 2019 - 6131
    70000Tons - 2020 - No
    captaingabbeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by captaingabbeh » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:37 pm

Turisas second set.

2. The best performance.
    I'm going to be incredibly predictable and pick Turisas.

I wasn't a fan of Eluveitie before the cruise (looooooooong story), but I fucking loved the pool deck set.

At The Gates, honestly. That show just did not grab me. Waste of time in which I could have caught part of Starkill's second set. Second biggest disappointment was not being able to catch either of Rotting Christ or Twilight Force's sets. Thank you, high winds and hangover!

Epica - Simone Simons was on point live.

Starkill. To be fair, they were the only Cripper Award contender I managed to see, but the theater set was kickass.

Turisas. Pretty much died of happiness after both their sets, I thought they were incredible. Would have loved to have heard more variation in their sets, though.

Gold: Turisas
    Silver: Moonspell- I actually wasn't a huge fan of their first set, but wow did they deliver with the second
    Bronze: Children of Bodom

Tyr, Skalmold, Eluveitie, Dragonforce (when they finally got their shit working)

2015-2018,
    Goth Cruise 2019

Wishlist: Myrath-Skindred-Rotting Christ-Amorphis-Hypocrisy-Demons & Wizards-3TEETH-Emperor-Psyclon Nine-Ihsahn-Batushka-Anaal Nathrakh-Epica-Aeternam-Nightwish-Starkill-Primordial-Zeal & Ardor-Powerwolf
    MonicaMM
    Crewman

by MonicaMM » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:56 am

Is it too late to answer? I don't think so! :)

Moonspell, the Irreligious set. That was the reason I went to the cruise again. <3

2. The best performance.
    Moonspell, 2nd set.

Cradle of Filth. Not for the band itself, but because I figured out that I know all their songs and I had an amazing time during their set (pool stage). Also: Dia de Los Muertos and Ghoul.

Paradise Lost, 2nd set. My favorite band ever made me fall asleep!!!!!!!

Nervosa, 2nd set

Nervosa, even being my fellow "countrygirls" :)

Despite of Paradise Lost being the band I always liked the most, this year I went there for Moonspell. They were so amazing that I left the ship and got a tattoo.

Bronze: Samael

Vader, My Dying Bride, Bloodbath
    2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2020 and 2023 survivor

Favorite bands: Amorphis - Samael - Moonspell - Blind Guardian - Therion - Paradise Lost - Rammstein - Avantasia - Helloween
  • DavidWinter
    Oiler

by DavidWinter » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:42 pm

Fleshgod Apocalypse

2. The best performance.
    Insomnium 1st set. Too much feelings (or perphaps I was hallucinating due to non-sleep :viking: )

Abinchova. Didn't quite buy them before boarding, but saw them as a suggestion from the drummer and loved their music.

CoB 1st set as well. Was so plain, and I was looking forward to singing "Hate crew death roll" as they play live most of the time, with the extended chorus.

Epica's 1st show.

Twilight Force lml

Insomnium. First time seeing them, definitely not the last.

Gold: Insomnium
    Silver: Fleshgod Apocalypse
    Bronze: Stratovarius

Katatonia, At The Gates, Bloodbath, Eluveitie.
  • Mr. HCI
    Crewman

by Mr. HCI » Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:17 pm

GHOUL. No doubt. Does anyone have video of me stagediving at their second show? I hadn't done that in about 15 years, and they were the perfect band to do it to.

2. The best performance.

Tough call between Dragonforce (second set, obviously) and the All Star Jam.

Ghoul, again. I had never heard of them before they were announced. Now I'm hooked.

Dragonforce's first "set".

Holy Moses.

Definitely Nervosa.

Turisas. Was not disappointed. Have never been disappointed by any live performance of theirs.

Gold: Ghoul
    Silver: Turisas
    Bronze: Nervosa

Dragonforce, would have been in the above category if not for the sound problems
    Raven. Just loved their enthusiasm.
    Delain. Pleasantly surprised.
Post Reply 40 posts Page 1 of 1