Post Reply 10 posts Page 1 of 1
Since I bet most of you missed it due to the reschedule...
    TEKWRX
    Oiler

Since I bet most of you missed it due to the reschedule...

by TEKWRX » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:54 pm

... here is Samael's special second set where they played Ceremony Of Opposites in it's entirety. I was really annoyed they were pushed to 3:15am on the last night (ended up starting at 3:30 dues to technical problems). But it was worth it to hear them play this classic album. Sound quality is pretty good as it's a direct soundboard recording (wanna guess how I got that? :twisted: )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtOk6hs3yWM
    ----------------------------
    BTH Survivor (2012)
    70k 2016 Survivor
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

Re: Since I bet most of you missed it due to the reschedule.

by Godflesh » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:07 am

Shit, I like this, thanks.
    I saw their first show in the theater but lamely left after a few songs, because I didn't know them and didn't like the industrial mix, as I was expecting black metal.
    Is there a significant difference between this classic album and the recent ones?
    I was at the karaoke at that time...
    And how did you get a direct soundboard recording anyway? :-)
    Agnostic.Front-/-Akercocke-/-Alien.Weaponry-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Anaal.Nathrakh-/-Animals.As.Leaders-/-Behemoth-/-Between.The.Buried.And.Me-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Star.Riders-/-Body.Count-/-Brujeria-/-Candiria-/-Candlemass-/-Cattle.Decapitation-/-Combichrist-/-Dark.Angel-/-Deicide-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-DRI-/-Entombed-/-Evile-/-Fear.Factory-/-Flotsam.and.Jetsam-/-Galakticon.-/-Ghost-/-Godflesh-/-Gojira-/-Green.Carnation-/-Gutalax-/-Hatebreed-/-Iron.Reagan-/-Jungle.Rot-/-KMFDM-/-Kvelertak-/-Lost.Society-/-Loudblast-/-Manowar-/-Melechesh-/-Memoriam-/-Mercyful.Fate-/-Ministry-/-M.O.D.-/-Morbid.Angel-/-Morgoth-/-Municipal.Waste-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Nails-/-Nuclear.Assault-/-Pig.Destroyer-/-Power.Trip-/-Protector-/-Rivers.Of.Nihil-/-Ross.The.Boss-/-Sacred.Reich-/-Saxon-/-Six.Feet.Under-/-Sleep-/-Stormtroopers.of.Beer-/-Suffocation-/-Suicidal.Tendencies-/-Tankard-/-Terrorizer-/-The.Crown-/-The.Faceless-/-The.Great.Old.Ones-/-The.Zenith.Passage-/-Thin.Lizzy-/-Triptykon-/-Trust-/-Tsjuder-/-Twelve.Foot.Ninja-/-UFO-/-Upon.A.Burning.Body-/-Vio-lence-/-Wrath-/-Xibalba
    capacitator51
    Oiler

by capacitator51 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:25 am

Thank you very much, I really wanted to see this.
    -|-Barren Earth-Behemoth-Devin.Townsend-Dimmu.Borgir-Enslaved-Harakiri.For.The.Sky-Hypocrisy-Ihsahn-Inquisition-Insomnium-In Vain-Kvelertak-Leprous-NeO-Oak.Pantheon-Rotting Christ-Septicflesh-Soen-Swallow.the.Sun-|-
    MissTool
    Oiler

by MissTool » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:47 pm

I stayed up (barely) for that. It was great.
  • yardleybates
    Oiler

by yardleybates » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:41 pm

We stayed up for this too. It was amazing! Now we wish we had stayed up for Insomnium also, but we crashed.
    2020 Wishlist Amorphis / Demons & Wizards / Gojira / Nightmare
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:39 pm

yardleybates wrote:We stayed up for this too. It was amazing! Now we wish we had stayed up for Insomnium also, but we crashed.

Insomnium played a different set than before, and played my fave song from them, "Down With the Sun," last. It was a great end to a good cruise, but I paid for it by getting no sleep that morning. Had to stop on the drive north to take an hour's nap since I was so wiped out. But it was worth it. :twisted:
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Booked!
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:15 am

Pellaz wrote:
    yardleybates wrote:We stayed up for this too. It was amazing! Now we wish we had stayed up for Insomnium also, but we crashed.

Insomnium played a different set than before, and played my fave song from them, "Down With the Sun," last. It was a great end to a good cruise, but I paid for it by getting no sleep that morning. Had to stop on the drive north to take an hour's nap since I was so wiped out. But it was worth it. :twisted:

I was absolutely ecstatic when they played that one :D
    Wishlist:
    Signs of life.

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor
    Master Killer
    Crewman

by Master Killer » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:06 pm

TEKWRX wrote:... here is Samael's special second set where they played Ceremony Of Opposites in it's entirety. I was really annoyed they were pushed to 3:15am on the last night (ended up starting at 3:30 dues to technical problems). But it was worth it to hear them play this classic album. Sound quality is pretty good as it's a direct soundboard recording (wanna guess how I got that? :twisted: )

Thank you for sharing! Does not sound like it was taken directly from the FOH however ;)
    TEKWRX
    Oiler

by TEKWRX » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:14 pm

Master Killer wrote:
    TEKWRX wrote:... here is Samael's special second set where they played Ceremony Of Opposites in it's entirety. I was really annoyed they were pushed to 3:15am on the last night (ended up starting at 3:30 dues to technical problems). But it was worth it to hear them play this classic album. Sound quality is pretty good as it's a direct soundboard recording (wanna guess how I got that? :twisted: )

Thank you for sharing! Does not sound like it was taken directly from the FOH however ;)

You're welcome! You're right, it wasn't really taken from the soundboard per say. Since Studio B was broadcast on TV in the staterooms, I hooked up my Sony PCM-M10 digital recorder to the headphone out of the TV to capture the audio in 24-bit PCM audio. I then used Sony Movie Studio to combine that audio with the video taken from my phone. Much cleaner that when I try and record the show direct with my microphones live at the venue. I think it sounds pretty clean. Does anybody know how they capture the audio for broadcast in the rooms? I would assume feed from the soundboard would make most sense, but maybe they are using mics in combo with the video feed....
    BTH Survivor (2012)
    70k 2016 Survivor
    Yippee38
    Crewman

by Yippee38 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:18 am

As Yardleybates said, we managed to stay up for this performance. Both of their sets were the highlights of the cruise (show-wise) for me. I loved them live.
Post Reply 10 posts Page 1 of 1