Post Reply 10 posts Page 1 of 1
Since I bet most of you missed it due to the reschedule...
  • User avatar
    TEKWRX
    Oiler
    Posts: 28
    Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:50 am
    Location: Boynton Beach, FL
    Contact:

    Since I bet most of you missed it due to the reschedule...

    by TEKWRX » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:54 pm

    ... here is Samael's special second set where they played Ceremony Of Opposites in it's entirety. I was really annoyed they were pushed to 3:15am on the last night (ended up starting at 3:30 dues to technical problems). But it was worth it to hear them play this classic album. Sound quality is pretty good as it's a direct soundboard recording (wanna guess how I got that? :twisted: )

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtOk6hs3yWM
    ----------------------------
    BTH Survivor (2012)
    70k 2016 Survivor
    ----------------------------
  • Godflesh
    Ensign
    Posts: 1114
    Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:50 pm
    Location: Connecticut River

    Re: Since I bet most of you missed it due to the reschedule.

    by Godflesh » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:07 am

    Shit, I like this, thanks.
    I saw their first show in the theater but lamely left after a few songs, because I didn't know them and didn't like the industrial mix, as I was expecting black metal.
    Is there a significant difference between this classic album and the recent ones?
    I was at the karaoke at that time...
    And how did you get a direct soundboard recording anyway? :-)
    Agnostic.Front-/-Akercocke-/-Alien.Weaponry-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Anaal.Nathrakh-/-Animals.As.Leaders-/-Behemoth-/-Between.The.Buried.And.Me-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Star.Riders-/-Body.Count-/-Brujeria-/-Candiria-/-Candlemass-/-Cattle.Decapitation-/-Combichrist-/-Dark.Angel-/-Deicide-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-DRI-/-Entombed-/-Evile-/-Fear.Factory-/-Flotsam.and.Jetsam-/-Galakticon.-/-Ghost-/-Godflesh-/-Gojira-/-Green.Carnation-/-Gutalax-/-Hatebreed-/-Iron.Reagan-/-Jungle.Rot-/-KMFDM-/-Kvelertak-/-Lost.Society-/-Loudblast-/-Manowar-/-Melechesh-/-Memoriam-/-Mercyful.Fate-/-Ministry-/-M.O.D.-/-Morbid.Angel-/-Morgoth-/-Municipal.Waste-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Nails-/-Nuclear.Assault-/-Pig.Destroyer-/-Power.Trip-/-Protector-/-Rivers.Of.Nihil-/-Ross.The.Boss-/-Sacred.Reich-/-Saxon-/-Six.Feet.Under-/-Sleep-/-Stormtroopers.of.Beer-/-Suffocation-/-Suicidal.Tendencies-/-Tankard-/-Terrorizer-/-The.Crown-/-The.Faceless-/-The.Great.Old.Ones-/-The.Zenith.Passage-/-Thin.Lizzy-/-Triptykon-/-Trust-/-Tsjuder-/-Twelve.Foot.Ninja-/-UFO-/-Upon.A.Burning.Body-/-Vio-lence-/-Wrath-/-Xibalba
  • User avatar
    capacitator51
    Oiler
    Posts: 46
    Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:53 pm
    Location: Italy

    Re: Since I bet most of you missed it due to the reschedule.

    by capacitator51 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:25 am

    Thank you very much, I really wanted to see this.
    -|-Barren Earth-Behemoth-Devin.Townsend-Dimmu.Borgir-Enslaved-Harakiri.For.The.Sky-Hypocrisy-Ihsahn-Inquisition-Insomnium-In Vain-Kvelertak-Leprous-NeO-Oak.Pantheon-Rotting Christ-Septicflesh-Soen-Swallow.the.Sun-|-
  • User avatar
    MissTool
    Oiler
    Posts: 44
    Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:10 pm

    Re: Since I bet most of you missed it due to the reschedule.

    by MissTool » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:47 pm

    I stayed up (barely) for that. It was great.
  • yardleybates
    Oiler
    Posts: 20
    Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:23 pm

    Re: Since I bet most of you missed it due to the reschedule.

    by yardleybates » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:41 pm

    We stayed up for this too. It was amazing! Now we wish we had stayed up for Insomnium also, but we crashed.
    2020 Wishlist Amorphis / Demons & Wizards / Gojira / Nightmare
  • User avatar
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Posts: 1714
    Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:36 pm
    Location: Georgia, USA
    Contact:

    Re: Since I bet most of you missed it due to the reschedule.

    by Pellaz » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:39 pm

    yardleybates wrote:We stayed up for this too. It was amazing! Now we wish we had stayed up for Insomnium also, but we crashed.


    Insomnium played a different set than before, and played my fave song from them, "Down With the Sun," last. It was a great end to a good cruise, but I paid for it by getting no sleep that morning. Had to stop on the drive north to take an hour's nap since I was so wiped out. But it was worth it. :twisted:
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Booked!
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Posts: 1673
    Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:07 am
    Location: Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
    Contact:

    Re: Since I bet most of you missed it due to the reschedule.

    by bodomdragon » Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:15 am

    Pellaz wrote:
    yardleybates wrote:We stayed up for this too. It was amazing! Now we wish we had stayed up for Insomnium also, but we crashed.


    Insomnium played a different set than before, and played my fave song from them, "Down With the Sun," last. It was a great end to a good cruise, but I paid for it by getting no sleep that morning. Had to stop on the drive north to take an hour's nap since I was so wiped out. But it was worth it. :twisted:

    I was absolutely ecstatic when they played that one :D
    Wishlist:
    Signs of life.

    2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor
  • User avatar
    Master Killer
    Crewman
    Posts: 59
    Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:26 pm
    Location: Chicago IL, USA

    Re: Since I bet most of you missed it due to the reschedule.

    by Master Killer » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:06 pm

    TEKWRX wrote:... here is Samael's special second set where they played Ceremony Of Opposites in it's entirety. I was really annoyed they were pushed to 3:15am on the last night (ended up starting at 3:30 dues to technical problems). But it was worth it to hear them play this classic album. Sound quality is pretty good as it's a direct soundboard recording (wanna guess how I got that? :twisted: )

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtOk6hs3yWM


    Thank you for sharing! Does not sound like it was taken directly from the FOH however ;)
  • User avatar
    TEKWRX
    Oiler
    Posts: 28
    Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:50 am
    Location: Boynton Beach, FL
    Contact:

    Re: Since I bet most of you missed it due to the reschedule.

    by TEKWRX » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:14 pm

    Master Killer wrote:
    TEKWRX wrote:... here is Samael's special second set where they played Ceremony Of Opposites in it's entirety. I was really annoyed they were pushed to 3:15am on the last night (ended up starting at 3:30 dues to technical problems). But it was worth it to hear them play this classic album. Sound quality is pretty good as it's a direct soundboard recording (wanna guess how I got that? :twisted: )

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtOk6hs3yWM


    Thank you for sharing! Does not sound like it was taken directly from the FOH however ;)


    You're welcome! You're right, it wasn't really taken from the soundboard per say. Since Studio B was broadcast on TV in the staterooms, I hooked up my Sony PCM-M10 digital recorder to the headphone out of the TV to capture the audio in 24-bit PCM audio. I then used Sony Movie Studio to combine that audio with the video taken from my phone. Much cleaner that when I try and record the show direct with my microphones live at the venue. I think it sounds pretty clean. Does anybody know how they capture the audio for broadcast in the rooms? I would assume feed from the soundboard would make most sense, but maybe they are using mics in combo with the video feed....
    ----------------------------
    BTH Survivor (2012)
    70k 2016 Survivor
    ----------------------------
  • User avatar
    Yippee38
    Crewman
    Posts: 84
    Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:49 am

    Re: Since I bet most of you missed it due to the reschedule.

    by Yippee38 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:18 am

    As Yardleybates said, we managed to stay up for this performance. Both of their sets were the highlights of the cruise (show-wise) for me. I loved them live.
Post Reply 10 posts Page 1 of 1

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ethrivas, Lala, meshuggah, ZarTh_Vader, Zed3 and 33 guests