Post Reply 49 posts
First ten bands for 2017?
    cowboy71
    Commander

First ten bands for 2017?

by cowboy71 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:45 pm

So to refresh your memory, the first 10 for 2016 were:

Iced Earth, Lacuna Coil, Fleshgod Apocalypse, Dragonforce, Delain, At The Gates, Firewind, Turisas, Moonspell, Children of Bodom.

Interesting facts about those ten bands:

Contained 2 of the 3 final headliners (those that got 75 minute sets) - Iced Earth and Children of Bodom
    The others were 6 x 60 minute setters, and 2 x 45 minute setters
    8 repeats from previous 70ks or Barge To Hell
    Contained 7 of the top requested bands from combined wishlists here on the forum (6 At the Gates, 12 Turisas, 26 Lacuna Coil, 52 Children of Bodom, 53 Delain, 54 Iced Earth, 76 Fleshgod)

So who do you think we will get? This is not a wishlist thread, but a genuine attempt to pick the first ten :) Person who gets closest wins the Oracle award 2017 :lol:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    cowboy71
    Commander

Re: First ten bands for 2017?

by cowboy71 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:50 pm

My crack at it:

Amon Amarth
    Sabaton
    Draconian
    Gloryhammer
    Orphaned Land
    Septicflesh
    Amaranthe
    Agalloch
    Death Angel
    Skeletonwitch
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:00 pm

Even better question, when do you think announcements will start? Some years it has been as soon as late March, Early April. Last year wasn't until the end of June.
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:05 pm

I know Amaranthe are on Skippers list so good chance.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
  • big perken
    Crewman

by big perken » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:11 pm

I guess sabaton and kreator
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:44 pm

Downvod wrote:Even better question, when do you think announcements will start? Some years it has been as soon as late March, Early April. Last year wasn't until the end of June.

Hard to say! It varies - last year we had to wait until the last week of June for announcements to start and booking emails to be sent.

The previous year it was mid March - I'm sure a lot of people would be happy for announcements to start next month :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:40 pm

Amon Amarth will be the first band announced I bet
    Helloween
    Kamelot
    Finntroll
    Kreator
    Morbid Angel
    Alestorm
    Septic Flesh
    Amaranthe
    Sepultura
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer

by Hoppy McGee » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:05 am

Amon Amarth
    Finntroll
    Amaranthe
    Sonata Arctica
    Sirenia
    Tankard
    Sabaton
    Gloryhammer
    Autopsy
    Demons & Wizards
    70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
    MY.LITTLE.WISHLIST_____**CAPS=MOST.WANTED**
    /-3.Inches.of.Blood.(Reunion)-/1914-/-ABBATH-/-Abysmal.Dawn-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMON.AMARTH-/-Amorphis-/-ARCHSPIRE-/-Armored.Saint-/-Asphyx-/-At.the.Gates-/-AUTOPSY-/-Battlelore-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Fast-/-Bölzer-/-CARCASS-/-CATTLE.DECAPITATION-/-Cloak-/-Craven.Idol-/-Crypt.Sermon-/-Critical.Mess-/-DARK.FORTRESS-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Demonical-/-Desaster-/-Deserted.Fear-/-DESTROYER.666-/-DISMEMBER-/-Draconian-/-Drakwald-/-DYING.FETUS-/-Dyscarnate-/-Gatecreeper-/-Finntroll-/-GHOUL-/-Goatwhore-/-GOJIRA-/-Gorod-/-Grave-/-Gruesome-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Hath-/-High.on.Fire-/-Hooded.Menace-/-HORRENDOUS-/-Horrified-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Immolation-/-Inanimate.Existence-/-Insomnium-/-Jungle.Rot-/-Kaoteon-/-Katatonia-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Khemmis-/-King.Goat-/-King.of.Asgard-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-LEGION.OF.THE.DAMNED-/-LIK-/-Magic.Circle-/-Mammoth.Grinder-/-Master-/-Mastodon-/-MGLA-/-MIDNIGHT-/-MISERY.INDEX-/-Moonspell-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Necrophobic-/-Necrot-/-Okkultist-/-Orange.Goblin-/-Ossuarium-/-Outre.Tomb-/-Possessed-/-Powerwolf-/-PRIMORDIAL-/-Protector-/-Psycroptic-/-Revocation-/-Ripper-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Ruby.the.Hatchet-/-Sacred.Monster-/-SATAN-/-Skálmöld-/-Skeletal.Remains-/-SOEN-/-SULPHUR.AEON-/-Taake-/-TANKARD-/-Temple.of.Void-/-Testament-/-The.Crown-/-THULCANDRA-/-Thyrfing-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tribulation-/-Uada-/-Unleashed-/-VADER-/-Venom.Inc.-/-Watain-/-Xentrix/{white=booked}/{red=ruled.out}
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:13 am

Amon Amarth, Sabaton, and Finntroll? It seems Andy's hand will be reaching in my pocket once more.
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:33 am

Amon Amarth and 9 more. Crossing my fingers for Symphony Fucking X.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    spooky
    Petty Officer

by spooky » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:08 pm

amon amarth, amaranthe, sabaton, and either nightwish or revamp.
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2021: FUCK COVID
    2022: FUCK COVID
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:48 pm

Amaranthe
    Amon Amarth
    Kamelot
    Kreator
    Nightwish
    Orphaned Land
    OverKill
    Sabaton
    Septic Flesh
    Testament
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    Sidvarg
    Petty Officer

by Sidvarg » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:51 pm

Since this is not a wish but rather speculation... And since i am relatively new and last year predictions were pretty good i am stoked to se Amaranthe in everyone's predictions, i also like thats Kamelot, Orphaned Land, Sonata Arctica, Nightwish and Helloween sound because you guys understand the trends on the cruise better than me... So i hope you are right oh Mighty Oracles haha
    2016 cabin 8225
    2017 cabin 7535

Wish list:
    Angra, Amaranthe, Circus Maximus, Kamelot, Myrath, Tesseract, Symphony X, Freedom Call, Sonata Arctica, Avantasia, Orphaned Land, Haggard, Dynazty, Haken, Devin Townsend Project
    metalgoddess
    Midshipman

by metalgoddess » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:53 pm

I dunno, but we need alot more death metal and thrash metal for 2017, because I plan to be there!!! :shred:
    70K 2011 - 5062
    70K 2012 - 8568
    Barge 2012 - 6520
    70K 2014 - 8092
    70K 2015 - 7584
    70K 2017 - 6517
    70K 2018 - 6451
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:51 am

metalgoddess wrote:I dunno, but we need alot more death metal and thrash metal for 2017, because I plan to be there!!! :shred:

+1 I don't know what happened this year. The line up was great.
    I just did not have as much fun.
    But we did lack Thrash and I missed most of the so called death
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:58 am

Not sure about what bands will be booked but i am gonna guess out of the first 10 bands only 2 will be new to the cruise.The other 8 will be returning bands comeing mostly if not all from Century media records,Napalm records.and metal blade records.
  • IcedInferno
    Oiler

by IcedInferno » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:47 am

Well Jeff Waters pretty much confirmed that Annihilator will be there next year, so they got to be one of the first 10 to be confirmed.
    nekrobarr
    Ensign

by nekrobarr » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:08 am

Metalwrath wrote:Not sure about what bands will be booked but i am gonna guess out of the first 10 bands only 2 will be new to the cruise.The other 8 will be returning bands comeing mostly if not all from Century media records,Napalm records.and metal blade records.

Agreed.
    13-time Survivor
    I <3 Funeral Doom

Wishlist (First Timers):
    AeonianSorrow-/-Ahab-/-Arcturus-/-Arð-/-Avantasia-/-BalSagoth-/-BarrenEarth-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-Clouds-/-Crematory-/-DaylightDies-/-Doomed-/-Dordeduh-/-EternalTearsOfSorrow-/-Evoken-/-FatesWarning-/-ForgottenTomb-/-Funeral-/-GhostBrigade-/-Godthrymm-/-Graveworm-/-HellLight-/-Konvent-/-Krypts-/-Kuolemanlaakso-/-LacrimasProfundere-/-LightFieldReverie-/-Loss-/-TheManEatingTree-/-MarianasRest-/-Monolithe-/-TheMorningside-/-MournfulCongregation-/-Ophis-/-Pantheist-/-Poisonblack-/-Primordial-/-RedMoonArchitect-/-Remembrance-/-Runemagick-/-Sahg-/-Saille-/-Saturnus-/-SeventhVoid-/-ShapeOfDespair-/-Skepticism-/-Sojourner-/-Strigoi-/-TempleOfVoid-/-TombOfFinland-/-Triptykon-/-WhenNothingRemains-/-Winterfylleth-/-WoeUntoMe-/-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-/-Wormwood

Wishlist (Repeats):
    Ajattara-/-Bloodbath-/-Candlemass-/-DeathAngel-/-Enslaved-/-Evergrey-/-InVain-/-Kalmah-/-Kampfar-/-MajesticDownfall-/-Moonsorow-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-NovembersDoom-/-OctoberTide-/-ParadiseLost-/-Septicflesh-/-SwallowTheSun-/-Thyrfing-/-Tiamat-/-Vreid
    Jephi
    Oiler

by Jephi » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:33 am

Uh-oh, UMC updated the "Next Departure" count down on the web site. Maybe we won't have to wait until July for the first ten this year.
    2012 * BTH * 2015 * 2016 * 2017 * 2020
    dlakavi_gusar
    Oiler

by dlakavi_gusar » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:32 am

Where can I find which bands were "final headliners" on the previous cruises?

I can make wild guesses based upon the names of the bands, but I'd rather not do that :D
    10 of these bands will get me on 2017
    -/-Adrenaline-Mob-/-Apocalyptica-/-Avantasia-/-Axel-Rudi-Pell-/-Ayreon-/-Blind-Guardian-/-Civil-War-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Device-/-Disturbed-/-Dream-Theater-/-Edguy-/-Fear-Factory-/-Helloween-/-Kamelot-/-Manowar-/-Nightwish-/-Opeth-/-Pain-of-Salvation-/-Powerwolf-/-Russell-Allen-&-Jorn-Lande-/-Sisters-of-Mercy-/-Sonata-Arctica-/-Symphony-X-/-Tarja-/-Therion-/-Within-Temptation-/-

2016. Survivor (2588)
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:10 pm

dlakavi_gusar wrote:Where can I find which bands were "final headliners" on the previous cruises?

I can make wild guesses based upon the names of the bands, but I'd rather not do that :D

I've made them available here:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4963

All except 2012 anyway which I don't have a PDF of at the moment - but the headliners that year were Nightwish, Venom, and Children of Bodom.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:20 pm

I think this covers everyone.

Blind Guardian and Saxon - 90 minute sets
    Amon Amarth, Testament - 75 minutes

Nightwish and Venom - 90 minute sets
    Children of Bodom - 75 minutes

Helloween, Rage/LMO, In Flames - 75 minute sets

Carcass, Fear Factory, Symphony X, Unearth - 75 minutes

Apocalyptica, Blind Guardian, Venom - 75 minutes

Children of Bodom, Cradle of Filth, Iced Earth - 75 minutes
    Last edited by cowboy71 on Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:47 pm

cowboy71 wrote:I think this is covers everyone.

Blind Guardian and Saxon - 90 minute sets
    Amon Amarth - 75 minutes

Nightwish and Venom - 90 minute sets
    Children of Bodom - 75 minutes

Helloween, Rage/LMO, In Flames - 75 minute sets

Carcass, Fear Factory, Symphony X, Unearth - 75 minutes

Apocalyptica, Blind Guardian, Venom - 75 minutes

Children of Bodom, Cradle of Filth, Iced Earth - 75 minutes

Testament played 75 minute sets as well in 2011. :beerwink:
    2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:22 am

you forgot a cruise. Barge to hell - at the gates and Behemoth got 75
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    jeyrow
    Petty Officer

by jeyrow » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:15 pm

My First ten bands:
    :shred: Amon Amarth
    :shred: Symphony X
    :shred: In Flames
    :shred: Finntroll
    :shred: Amaranthe
    :shred: Carcass
    :shred: Orphaned Land
    :shred: Unleash the archers
    :shred: One Colombian band :P
    :shred: Myrath

I think so...
    70000Tons - 2015 - 7307
    70000Tons - 2016 - 7531
    70000Tons - 2017 - 6231
    70000Tons - 2018 - No
    70000Tons - 2019 - 6131
    70000Tons - 2020 - No
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:04 pm

First ten:
    Amon Amarth
    Within Temptation
    Finntroll
    Draconian
    Heidevolk
    Amaranthe
    Sabaton
    Agalloch
    Tarot
    Gloryhammer
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:56 pm

Razor Ramon wrote:First ten:
    Amon Amarth
    Within Temptation
    Finntroll
    Draconian
    Heidevolk
    Amaranthe
    Sabaton
    Agalloch
    Tarot
    Gloryhammer

Dude I hope you are right :) 100% guaranteed I would be booking if that was the first 10!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    spooky
    Petty Officer

by spooky » Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:40 pm

...ditto!
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2021: FUCK COVID
    2022: FUCK COVID
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    captaingabbeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by captaingabbeh » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:22 pm

Would bet actual money Amon Amarth will be the first announcement, and I wouldn't be surprised if Gloryhammer and Kamelot popped up in the first 10 as well.

As for the rest... I'll leave it to the people who've been around longer.

2015-2018,
    Goth Cruise 2019

Wishlist: Myrath-Skindred-Rotting Christ-Amorphis-Hypocrisy-Demons & Wizards-3TEETH-Emperor-Psyclon Nine-Ihsahn-Batushka-Anaal Nathrakh-Epica-Aeternam-Nightwish-Starkill-Primordial-Zeal & Ardor-Powerwolf
  • Pandemonic Dude
    Wiper

by Pandemonic Dude » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:40 am

If I had to put my money on a band as the first one to be announced, it would be on

AMON AMARTH

Then:

Septicflesh
    Xandria
    Haggard
    Orphaned Land
    Cripper
    Decapitated
    D.R.I
    Toxic Holocaust
    Tiamat

:shred: :metalguy: :viking:
    Papa Emeritus
    Oiler

by Papa Emeritus » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:42 pm

Ghost
    Amon Amarth
    Ihsahn
    Devin Townsend
    Opeth
    Scar Symmetry
    Septic Flesh
    Sabaton
    Amaranthe
    Heidevolk

A nice mixture.
    Wishlist
    Ghost - Devin Townsend - Soilwork - Sabaton - Borknagar - Abbath - Ihsahn - Khemmis - Igorr - Septic Flesh - Enslaved - Skeletonwitch - Satyricon - Belphegor - Dan Swano - Belakor - Gojira - Ulver - Carach Angren - Avatar -
    2013 - Survivor
    2014 - Survivor
    2015 - Abandoned ship
    2016 - Survivor
    2017 - Survivor
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Fri May 20, 2016 9:05 pm

Top of page bump test
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri May 20, 2016 9:32 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:Top of page bump test

Test successful.

This can only mean that the Skipper is about ready to start a new, pinned 70K 2017 thread. :wank:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat May 21, 2016 4:52 pm

Pellaz wrote:
    deathmetalpat wrote:Top of page bump test

Test successful.

This can only mean that the Skipper is about ready to start a new, pinned 70K 2017 thread. :wank:

Yep - website has been completely reset ready to go.

"Lineup for 70000TONS OF METAL 2017 will be announced soon."
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Sat May 21, 2016 9:03 pm

My guesses:

Amon Amarth
    Sabaton
    Gloryhammer
    Kalmah
    Dark Tranquility
    Borknagar
    Orphaned Land
    Orden Ogan
    Avantasia
    Mesguggah
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:59 pm

If he decides to be a dick and book Haggard for 2017, he's getting 70,000 kicks to the dick from me when I come back.
    2025:

General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:38 am

Amon Amarth
    Amorphis
    Brainstorm
    Borknagar
    Dark Tranquillity
    Gloryhammer
    Primordial
    Septic Flesh
    Symphony X
    Tribulation
    ***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine
    metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalmaciejmetal » Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:13 pm

cowboy71 wrote:My crack at it:

Amon Amarth
    Sabaton
    Draconian
    Gloryhammer
    Orphaned Land
    Septicflesh
    Amaranthe
    Agalloch
    Death Angel
    Skeletonwitch

That's pretty well thought out list. If that was in fact the first 10 bands I dig it. Death Angel and Orphaned Land is enough t sell me
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:30 pm

metalmaciejmetal wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:My crack at it:

Amon Amarth
    Sabaton
    Draconian
    Gloryhammer
    Orphaned Land
    Septicflesh
    Amaranthe
    Agalloch
    Death Angel
    Skeletonwitch

That's pretty well thought out list. If that was in fact the first 10 bands I dig it. Death Angel and Orphaned Land is enough t sell me

Thanks ! Unfortunately I've already got one wrong as sabaton are ruled out.

But if the other nine were right I would be 100% certain to book.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:45 pm

cowboy71 wrote:But if the other nine were right I would be 100% certain to book.

Agalloch is no more. Just curious, does the line up actually drive whether you book or not?
    ***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine
Post Reply 49 posts