Post Reply 310 posts
What bands can be ruled out for 2017?
    metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: What bands can be ruled out for 2017?

by metalmaciejmetal » Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:34 am

cowboy71 wrote:BOLT THROWER are calling it a day so they can be ruled out.

Indeed, that was coming... That's quite a shame, such an under appreciated band. I was lucky to catch them at Amnesia Rockfest 2 years ago. I was telling my friends that seeing Bolt Thrower is a big deal. Doesn't matter that you don't know who they are. Of course no one listens to me, most of those assholes went to see Offspring.
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:37 am

General Zod wrote:
    deathmetalpat wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:BOLT THROWER are calling it a day so they can be ruled out.

The blog post is rather vague http://www.boltthrower.com/news/news.php ,no direct we we not play again ,just no one will be a permanent drummer.

Agreed. If they are in fact calling it a day, they're being rather vague about it.

One Final show of REMBERANCE on 70K
    Make it Happen Andy
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    MikeB
    Petty Officer

by MikeB » Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:24 am

metalmaciejmetal wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:I was lucky to catch them at Amnesia Rockfest 2 years ago

I was there, on the front row. It was one of the best show of the week-end.
    2015: Cabin 9527
    2016: Cabin 9219
    2017: Cabin 9675
    2018: Cabin 8215
    2019: Cabin 7449
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:45 pm

bodomdragon wrote:According to Metal Archives, they are indeed split-up. I don't know where they got this from, though.

Wikipedia is pretty definitive too. Very sad.
    Agnostic.Front-/-Akercocke-/-Alien.Weaponry-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Anaal.Nathrakh-/-Animals.As.Leaders-/-Behemoth-/-Between.The.Buried.And.Me-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Star.Riders-/-Body.Count-/-Candiria-/-Combichrist-/-Dark.Angel-/-Death.DTA-/-Deicide-/-Dethklok-/-DRI-/-Entombed-/-Evile-/-Fear.Factory-/-Frog.Leap-/-Godflesh-/-Gojira-/-Green.Carnation-/-Gutalax-/-Hatebreed-/-Iron.Reagan-/-Jungle.Rot-/-KMFDM-/-Kvelertak-/-Lost.Society-/-Loudblast-/-Manowar-/-Melechesh-/-Memoriam-/-Mercyful.Fate-/-Ministry-/-M.O.D.-/-Morbid.Angel-/-Morgoth-/-Municipal.Waste-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Nails-/-Nuclear.Assault-/-Pig.Destroyer-/-Power.Trip-/-Protector-/-Rivers.Of.Nihil-/-Sacred.Reich-/-Saxon-/-Six.Feet.Under-/-Sleep-/-Stormtroopers.of.Beer-/-Suicidal.Tendencies-/-Tankard-/-Terrorizer-/-The.Crown-/-The.Great.Old.Ones-/-The.Zenith.Passage-/-Thin.Lizzy-/-Triptykon-/-Trust-/-Tsjuder-/-Twelve.Foot.Ninja-/-Twilight.Of.The.Gods-/-UFO-/-Upon.A.Burning.Body-/-Wrath-/-Xibalba-/-Zeal.&.Ardor
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:05 pm

I think people are reading too much into the statement on Bolt Thrower's website. Karl said in an interview earlier this year:
    http://www.invisibleoranges.com/interview-karl-willetts-memoriam-bolt-thrower/ wrote:To the best of your knowledge, are there any plans for Bolt Thrower to continue in any capacity?
    Bolt Thrower is on hold for the foreseeable future, but that’s not saying that it's game over. I hope one day sooner rather than later Bolt Thrower shall return to fight another war!

So the only definite thing is that there will be no permanent drummer in Bolt Thrower.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:06 am

:deathmetal: :dreams:
    Memnoch wrote:I think people are reading too much into the statement on Bolt Thrower's website. Karl said in an interview earlier this year:
    http://www.invisibleoranges.com/interview-karl-willetts-memoriam-bolt-thrower/ wrote:To the best of your knowledge, are there any plans for Bolt Thrower to continue in any capacity?
    Bolt Thrower is on hold for the foreseeable future, but that’s not saying that it's game over. I hope one day sooner rather than later Bolt Thrower shall return to fight another war!

So the only definite thing is that there will be no permanent drummer in Bolt Thrower.
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:26 am

Somebody needs to correct this page then: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bolt_Thrower
    Bolt Thrower were a British death metal band from Coventry, England.

Years active 1986–2016

Past members
    Barry Thomson
    Gavin Ward
    Jo Bench
    Karl Willetts Andy Whale
    Alan West
    Alex Tweedy
    Martin Kearns
    Martin van Drunen
    Dave Ingram
    Alex Thomas

On September 14, 2016, the first anniversary of Kearns' death, Bolt Thrower announced on their website that they are no more
Agnostic.Front-/-Akercocke-/-Alien.Weaponry-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Anaal.Nathrakh-/-Animals.As.Leaders-/-Behemoth-/-Between.The.Buried.And.Me-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Star.Riders-/-Body.Count-/-Candiria-/-Combichrist-/-Dark.Angel-/-Death.DTA-/-Deicide-/-Dethklok-/-DRI-/-Entombed-/-Evile-/-Fear.Factory-/-Frog.Leap-/-Godflesh-/-Gojira-/-Green.Carnation-/-Gutalax-/-Hatebreed-/-Iron.Reagan-/-Jungle.Rot-/-KMFDM-/-Kvelertak-/-Lost.Society-/-Loudblast-/-Manowar-/-Melechesh-/-Memoriam-/-Mercyful.Fate-/-Ministry-/-M.O.D.-/-Morbid.Angel-/-Morgoth-/-Municipal.Waste-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Nails-/-Nuclear.Assault-/-Pig.Destroyer-/-Power.Trip-/-Protector-/-Rivers.Of.Nihil-/-Sacred.Reich-/-Saxon-/-Six.Feet.Under-/-Sleep-/-Stormtroopers.of.Beer-/-Suicidal.Tendencies-/-Tankard-/-Terrorizer-/-The.Crown-/-The.Great.Old.Ones-/-The.Zenith.Passage-/-Thin.Lizzy-/-Triptykon-/-Trust-/-Tsjuder-/-Twelve.Foot.Ninja-/-Twilight.Of.The.Gods-/-UFO-/-Upon.A.Burning.Body-/-Wrath-/-Xibalba-/-Zeal.&.Ardor
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:45 am

Indeed. The only source they mention is the Bolt Thrower site, so they've simply read too much into it. Or, understood it correctly, if that vague post is meant to be taken as the end of the band altogether. But the post they made doesn't say anywhere that the band is calling it quits; it simply states the drummer will not be replaced. Who knows, maybe they'll keep on playing without drums. :P
    Wishlist:
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:47 am

And I'd take anything on Wikipedia with a grain of salt anyhow. When anyone can contribute to editing the articles, incorrect info is bound to get published.
    Wishlist:
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:59 am

Memnoch wrote:And I'd take anything on Wikipedia with a grain of salt anyhow. When anyone can contribute to editing the articles, incorrect info is bound to get published.

For what it's worth, Wikipedia is actually as accurate as anything out there:

http://www.livescience.com/32950-how-ac ... pedia.html
    ***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:16 pm

Wikipedia added this link: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/bolt-thrower-officially-splits-up-there-will-be-no-reunion-tours/
    Rumours of the band's break-up were confirmed two days later by frontman Karl Willetts, stating, "I can confirm that Bolt Thrower are definitely over for good. There will be no reunion tours etc... no compromise."[13]

Sad birthday for me today :-(
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:10 am

Reckon we can rule D.R.I. out.

They've announced shows in Australia starting 10th of February.

So while technically possible, I don't think they would do the cruise then immediately fly half way around the world for a string of shows down under.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:05 pm

Floor Jansen is 4 months pregnant. That would make her pretty much due to give birth around the time we sail so that would rule Revamp and Nightwish out.

http://teamrock.com/news/2016-09-17/nig ... s-pregnant
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:07 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Floor Jansen is 4 months pregnant. That would make her pretty much due to give birth around the time we sail so that would rule Revamp and Nightwish out.

I wonder if she would do the cruise in 2018 if Sabaton is booked?Interesting tour possibilities including she might even stop touring with Nightwish for awhile.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:32 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:Floor Jansen is 4 months pregnant. That would make her pretty much due to give birth around the time we sail so that would rule Revamp and Nightwish out.

I wonder if she would do the cruise in 2018 if Sabaton is booked?Interesting tour possibilities including she might even stop touring with Nightwish for awhile.

Indeed - Tuomas is all "hey we're having a year off, go and have a kid!" now, but when Nightwish are back and recording a new album and going on their usual 2-year-long world tour and Floor needs compromises due to her child? Out with Floor, in with Nightwish lead singer #4.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    spooky
    Petty Officer

by spooky » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:13 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    deathmetalpat wrote:

Indeed - Tuomas is all "hey we're having a year off, go and have a kid!" now, but when Nightwish are back and recording a new album and going on their usual 2-year-long world tour and Floor needs compromises due to her child? Out with Floor, in with Nightwish lead singer #4.

...somehow i don't foresee this happening. they all seem to happy to be in a band together. i hope that i am right...
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2021: SHOW US THE DATES!
  • elj4176
    Petty Officer

by elj4176 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:59 am

Bolt Thrower may be ruled out but could we get Memoriam (Willetts and Whale's new band)? Sounds pretty similar to Bolt Thrower to me from what I have heard of them.

I was lucky enough to see Bolt Thrower on their last NA tour. They only played 3 dates - all in Canada. I bought 2 tickets and actually had to throw one away because no one would/could go when a friend backed out last minute. Do not regret the 6 hour drive to see them.
    Survivor 2016, 2017

pics from 2016
    https://flic.kr/s/aHskFsgBhm
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:11 am

Gloryhammer seems to be opening for Hammerfall on their Euro tour, so they're ruled out. And I guess that makes Alestorm unavailable as well.
    Wishlist:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:28 am

Memnoch wrote:Gloryhammer seems to be opening for Hammerfall on their Euro tour, so they're ruled out. And I guess that makes Alestorm unavailable as well.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:32 am

cowboy71 wrote:
    Memnoch wrote:Gloryhammer seems to be opening for Hammerfall on their Euro tour, so they're ruled out. And I guess that makes Alestorm unavailable as well.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Just saw it in the Napalm Records newsletter. Lancer (who?) is also on that tour.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    AceHugger
    Petty Officer

by AceHugger » Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:44 am

Speedy wrote:Just saw it in the Napalm Records newsletter. Lancer (who?) is also on that tour.

....gulp.... not Lancer.

well now I'm just in a glass case of emotion.
    2017 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
    2018 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
    MikeB
    Petty Officer

by MikeB » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:17 am

We should rename this thread "The depressing thread"
    2015: Cabin 9527
    2016: Cabin 9219
    2017: Cabin 9675
    2018: Cabin 8215
    2019: Cabin 7449
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:56 am

\o/
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:59 am

No Gloryhammer, no Twilight Force... we need our super-happy-cliché-power-metal band, so bring Freedom Call again! Also Pathfinder would make up for it, no to mention Dynazty :)
    Wishlist:
    AETERNAM--Alestorm--Allegaeon--
    Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Dark.Tranquillity--Devin.Townsend--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--DREAM.THEATER--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Freedom.call--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Helloween--IN.MOURNING--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--Kreator--Masterplan--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--Moonsorrow--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SABATON--Seven.Spires--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--SOEN--Soilwork--Stratovarius--SYMPHONY.X--TERAMAZE--_Tomorrows.Eve--Triosphere--Therion--THRESHOLD--Unisonic--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Wolfheart

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor | 2020: BOOKED
    Zed3
    Crewman

by Zed3 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:45 am

In case anyone even cares (and thought they would consider coming to 70k !), Metallica has announced tour dates in Denmark on Feb 3rd and 5th so they can "officially" be ruled out !
    2017: Survivor - 2018, 2019, 2020: :(

Wishlist 2021:
    Aephanemer-/-Alestorm-/-Audrey.Horne-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Arkona-/-Athanasia-/-Atlantean.Kodex-/-Avatarium-/-Battle.Beast-/-Be'lakor-/-Belzebubs-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Bucovina-/-Carcariass-/-Carcass-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Dirty.Shirt-/-Diviner-/-E-An-Na-/-Ex.Libris-/-Frozen.Crown-/-Fvneral.Fvkk-/-Ghoultown-/-Gojira-/-Grand.Magus-/-Immortal-/-In.Mourning-/-Inferi-/-Khemmis-/-Lagerstein-/-Lör-/-Lord.of.the.Lost-/-Majestica-/-Mantar-/-Moonspell-/-Mors.Principium.Est-/-Municipal.Waste-/-Myrath-/-Nailed.To.Obscurity-/-Nanowar.of.Steel-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Paladin-/-Paradise.Lost-/-Powerwolf-/-Serenity-/-Seventh.Wonder-/-Skälmold-/-Skull.Fist-/-Tankard-/-The.Crown-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Therion-/-Toxic.Holocaust-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Voice.of.Ruin-/-VUUR
    metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalmaciejmetal » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:40 am

Zed3 wrote:In case anyone even cares (and thought they would consider coming to 70k !), Metallica has announced tour dates in Denmark on Feb 3rd and 5th so they can "officially" be ruled out !

That`s disappointing to hear. I was almost certain Metallica were booked this time around
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:08 pm

MikeB wrote:We should rename this thread "The depressing thread"

That depends. Most of the bands that have been ruled out I'm pleased will not be on the boat. :mrgreen:
    ***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine
    Kingslayer
    Chief Petty Officer

by Kingslayer » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:20 pm

bodomdragon wrote:No Gloryhammer, no Twilight Force... we need our super-happy-cliché-power-metal band

This. I've got a little bit of pretty much everything else I wanna see, but we're still lacking fruity-as-fuck power metal. Iron Mask would do nicely.

And since there's no Gloryhammer, that also means no Alestorm. I was a little bummed there were no nautical/pirate bands last year, so I'm *really* hoping for some of that this time
    2016: 9231
    2017: 6521
    2018: TBD

Wishlist: Amon Amarth, Candlemass, Devin Townsend Project, Doomsword, Ex Deo, Gloryhammer, Grand Magus, Hypocrisy, King Diamond, Nile, Powerwolf, Running Wild, Septicflesh, Steel Panther, Unleash The Archers
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:31 pm

Kingslayer wrote:This. I've got a little bit of pretty much everything else I wanna see, but we're still lacking fruity-as-fuck power metal. Iron Mask would do nicely.

Shows I'm not much of a power metal fan - Amaranthe, Serenity and Stam1na have been fruity enough for me. I guess they're not 100% power metal though.

I am still waiting for a party folk metal band myself. Some good folk so far, but nothing that really tugs my bar brawling sensibilities.
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:44 pm

Kingslayer wrote:
    bodomdragon wrote:No Gloryhammer, no Twilight Force... we need our super-happy-cliché-power-metal band

This. I've got a little bit of pretty much everything else I wanna see, but we're still lacking fruity-as-fuck power metal. Iron Mask would do nicely.

And since there's no Gloryhammer, that also means no Alestorm. I was a little bummed there were no nautical/pirate bands last year, so I'm *really* hoping for some of that this time

Orden Ogan are sort of piratey. If they do not play WE ARE PIRATES, I will cry :P

And as far as super fruity happy power metal - give us FREEDOM CALL, DRAGONY or PATHFINDER skipper!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:30 am

Power Quest would be another very interesting option, now that they have reunited. I watched them live once and they were amazing.
    Wishlist:
    AETERNAM--Alestorm--Allegaeon--
    Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Dark.Tranquillity--Devin.Townsend--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--DREAM.THEATER--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Freedom.call--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Helloween--IN.MOURNING--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--Kreator--Masterplan--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--Moonsorrow--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SABATON--Seven.Spires--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--SOEN--Soilwork--Stratovarius--SYMPHONY.X--TERAMAZE--_Tomorrows.Eve--Triosphere--Therion--THRESHOLD--Unisonic--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Wolfheart

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor | 2020: BOOKED
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:35 am

Kingslayer wrote:And since there's no Gloryhammer, that also means no Alestorm. I was a little bummed there were no nautical/pirate bands last year, so I'm *really* hoping for some of that this time

The Privateer is an excellent pirate metal, and would also be a good Cripper Award candidate :wank:
    And of course the #1 pirate metal band of all, Running Wild.
    Last edited by Speedy on Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    scyll
    Petty Officer

by scyll » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:53 am

I would GLADLY take Elvenking as the cheesy power metal option this year!
    metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalmaciejmetal » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:43 am

I would second that. Book Elvenking! These guys are so good. I was a huge fan of theirs around 2000-2001, they were one of the first power metal (or folk metal might be more accurate?) I got into. The demo Oaken woods bestowed and Heathenreel were just incredible. I finally saw them at Wacken, sort of disappointed they didn't play anything from either of the albums.
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:04 pm

REVAMP are officially no more, so that is another fairly highly requested band that can be ruled out now even though they were looking extremely unlikely due to Floor's pregnancy.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    AceHugger
    Petty Officer

by AceHugger » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:12 am

Not sure if they were ever in the running, - or if anyone other than myself even cares, but Evil scarecrow are touring the UK during the cruise. - and they're playing London while I'm away :cry:

Oh well, - I'll have to go & see Arch Enemy, Anthrax, Annihilator, Devildriver, Marduk, Suffocation, Gojira, Grave, Stuck Mojo, Amaranthe, and a whole host of others instead then. :shred:

B*stards.

**EDIT** - oh & Black Sabbath are touring the UK at the same time, so I guess they can be ruled out too.
    2017 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
    2018 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:39 pm

FUCK. Sonata Arctica can be ruled out too :(

Gigs in Finland 3rd and 4th of Feb :(
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:11 pm

cowboy71 wrote:FUCK. Sonata Arctica can be ruled out too :(

Gigs in Finland 3rd and 4th of Feb :(

aww, there went my dreams of Pokemon with Powerglove...
  • leandro.oliveira31
    Wiper

by leandro.oliveira31 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:56 am

I wonder why bands such as Killswitch Engage and others of the same genre have not been considered for playing 70K...we are missing out on excellent bands, such as Motionless in White, that would be a huge success on the boat...Amon Amarth have already declared several times that they would be interested in playing 70K, but so far...
    Masterbas
    Petty Officer

by Masterbas » Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:58 am

leandro.oliveira31 wrote:I wonder why bands such as Killswitch Engage and others of the same genre have not been considered for playing 70K...we are missing out on excellent bands, such as Motionless in White, that would be a huge success on the boat...Amon Amarth have already declared several times that they would be interested in playing 70K, but so far...

If you read around the forum, you'll see that a lot of people are sure Amon Amarth should be the big announcement to come for 2017. So lets see :).
    2017 - Cabin 9580
    2018 - Cabin 9611
    2019 - Cabin 9675
    2020 - Cabin 8233

3.Inches.of.Blood.(wishfull.thinking.I.know)-/-Aeternam-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-An.Abstract.Illusion-/-At.Dawn's.Edge-/-Augury-/-Battlecross-/-Before.The.Dawn-/-Be'lakor-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Blackguard-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Cruachan-/-Dark.Lunacy-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Die.Apokalyptischen.Reiter-/-Distoriam-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dreamtale-/-Eluveitie-/-Ensiferum-/-Epica-/-Emperor-/-Equilibrium-/-Euphoreon-/-Evocation-/-Excalion-/-Exmortus-/-Ex.Deo-/-Finntroll-/-Ghost.Ship.Octavius-/-Gloryhammer-/-Gojira-/-Grailknights-/-Gyze-/-Hammerfall-/-Hands.of.Despair-/-Heidevolk-/-Helsott-/-Hollow-/-Insomnium-/-Insurrection-/-In.Vain-/-Kalmah-/-Kataklysm-/-Korpiklaani-/-Manegarm-/-Mayan-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Mors.Principium.Est-/-Naglfar-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Nekrogoblikon-/-Night.Demon-/-Nightwish-/-Novembers.Doom-/-Omnium.Gatherum-/-Orphaned.Land-/-Persefone-/-Powerglove-/-Powerwolf-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Sabaton-/-Sacrificed.Alliance-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Sanguine.Glacialis-/-Scar.Symmetry-/-Serenity-/-Shade.Empire-/-Shape.the.Above-/-Shylmagoghnar-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Spacemak3r-/-Starkill-/-Steel.Panther-/-Steignyr-/-Stratovarius-/-Striker-/-Svartsot-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-Tenacious.D-/-Terasbetoni-/-The.Agonist-/-The.Black.Dahlia.Murder-/-Therion-/-Tristania-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Van.Canto-/-Varg-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Wilderun-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfheart-/-Zonata

Red- Out for being on-board last year
    Green- It's ON
    Cyan- Most Wanted
  • Post Reply 310 posts