Chief Petty Officer

Re: 70k 2017 Lineup Predictions/Rumours

by Downvod » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:49 pm

Pellaz wrote:
    bratoutofhell wrote:I'd be really pleased to see:
    Vektor
    Helstar
    Eternal Champion

Helstar played the boat last Feb. as a last-minute add, so they can't perform in 2017.

Vektor would be cool, and I confess I have a proprietary interest in any band called Eternal Champion. :)

I am confused. Helstar played in 2015, so they are eligible for 2017. We already have 6 bands from 2015 playing the 2017 cruise.
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402

Abbath-/-Aeternam-/-Aetherian-/-Aether.Realm-/-Alestorm-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-At.the.Gates-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE’LAKOR-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carach.Angren-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Cruachan-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-DEATH.ANGEL-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-De.Profundis-/-Devin.Townsend-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Emperor-/-Enslaved-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Exodus-/-Finntroll-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghost.Ship.Octavius-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Havok-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Iced.Earth-/-IHSAHN-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-In.Mourning-/-Insomnium-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-MELECHESH-/-Mgla-/-MOONSORROW-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Obscura-/-Omnium.Gatherum-/-Oni-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-SOILWORK-/-Solution.45-/-Sunburst-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-Taake-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WINTERSUN-/-Witchery-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:42 am

I have been hoping for a Civil War announcement but per their Facebook post that just came out...

Good evening to you all!
    As some of you probably already noticed our vocalist Patrik suddenly left the band without any further notice.
    It came as a really big surprise to us all.
    We just had a meeting and we came to the conclusion that Civil War will go on!
    We'll take the holidays now to let all this sink in and then we'll start the hunt for a new singer after that.
    Best Regards /Myhr,Mullback,Rikard and Petrus!
    STAY TUNED!

This sucks...his voice took some time to grow on me and now that it has I can't imagine another singer. I hope all is well with him.
    2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Very unlikely...dates suck and tired of waiting!

Please...AEther.Realm-|-Alestorm-|-Amaranthe-|-Amon.Amarth-|-Ancient.Bards-|-Anthrax-|-Apocalyptica-|-Astral.Doors-|-Atlas.Pain-|-Avantasia-|-Battle.Beast-|-Beast.in.Black-|-Behemoth-|-Belzebubs-|-Blind.Guardian-|-Borknagar-|-Brymir-|-Cain's.Offering-|-Chthonic-|-Civil.War-|-Dark.Moor-|-Dark.Tranquility-|-Death.Angel-|-Demons.and.Wizards-|-Dimmu.Borgir-|-Doro-|-DragonForce-|-Dragonland-|-Edguy-|-Epica-|-Equilibrium-|-Ex.Deo-|-Exodus-|-Firewind-|-Flotsam.and.Jetsam-|-Gamma.Ray-|-Grailknights-|-Grave.Digger-|-Gyze-|-Haggard-|-Hammerfall-|-Heathen.Foray-|-Helloween-|-Helstar-|-Holy.Grail-|-Hypocrisy-|-Iced.Earth-|-In.Extremo-|-Insomnium-|-Korpiklaani-|-Kreator-|-Lacuna.Coil-|-Lizzy.Borden-|-Moonspell-|-Myrkur-|-Nightwish-|-Nothgard-|-Oceans.of.Slumber-|-Omnium.Gatherum-|-Orden.Ogan-|-Powerwolf-|-Primordial-|-Psychostick-|-Refuge-|-Running.Wild-|-Sabaton-|-Saltatio.Mortis-|-Savatage-|-Saxon-|-Serious.Black-|-Shylmagoghnar-|-Skiltron-|-Stratovarius-|-Testament-|-Therion-|-Turisas-|-U.D.O.-|-Uli.Jon.Roth-|-Unisonic-|-Venom-|-Visigoth-|-Wintersun-|-Wolfheart-|-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:04 pm

Downvod wrote:
    Pellaz wrote:
    bratoutofhell wrote:I'd be really pleased to see:
    Vektor
    Helstar
    Eternal Champion

Helstar played the boat last Feb. as a last-minute add, so they can't perform in 2017.

Vektor would be cool, and I confess I have a proprietary interest in any band called Eternal Champion. :)

I am confused. Helstar played in 2015, so they are eligible for 2017. We already have 6 bands from 2015 playing the 2017 cruise.

Sorry, I was off by a year; Helstar did INDEED play in 2015 and would be welcome back in 2017. :bangers:

Weird, I thought they'd been a last-minute add in 2016, like Wintersun was in 2015...turns out they were BOTH last-minute adds in 2015. :twisted:
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Booked!
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:48 am

I talked to a member of Helstar and they mentioned they weren't planning on doing the cruise anymore.
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
  • bratoutofhell
    Wiper

by bratoutofhell » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:58 am

Warphine wrote:I talked to a member of Helstar and they mentioned they weren't planning on doing the cruise anymore.

Man, that stinks because I was really digging their new album. I'll hold out hope for a miracle. Mortem, Skull Fist, & Eternal Champion are definitely my top 3 though.
    Be'lakor // Beyond Creation // Helstar // Skull Fist // Iskald // Eternal Champion // Deicide // Symphony X // Tau Cross // Magrudergrind (I can dream okay) // Immolation // Spawn of Possession // Mortem (Peru)
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:10 pm

Helstar wasn't planning on playing the cruise in 2015 but they did. Flew to Fort Lauderdale with the band minus James who was already there. They were all getting ready to go to NAMM but got rerouted to do the cruise...which they were not happy about. Hung out with them on the cruise a little and the newer band members didn't appear to be having a good time because they were bitter about missing NAMM...they were going to go out and hang with David Ellefson. However, this is Larry and James' band and I bet if they were offered they would do it again.

bratoutofhell wrote:
    Warphine wrote:I talked to a member of Helstar and they mentioned they weren't planning on doing the cruise anymore.

Man, that stinks because I was really digging their new album. I'll hold out hope for a miracle. Mortem, Skull Fist, & Eternal Champion are definitely my top 3 though.
    2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Very unlikely...dates suck and tired of waiting!

Please...AEther.Realm-|-Alestorm-|-Amaranthe-|-Amon.Amarth-|-Ancient.Bards-|-Anthrax-|-Apocalyptica-|-Astral.Doors-|-Atlas.Pain-|-Avantasia-|-Battle.Beast-|-Beast.in.Black-|-Behemoth-|-Belzebubs-|-Blind.Guardian-|-Borknagar-|-Brymir-|-Cain's.Offering-|-Chthonic-|-Civil.War-|-Dark.Moor-|-Dark.Tranquility-|-Death.Angel-|-Demons.and.Wizards-|-Dimmu.Borgir-|-Doro-|-DragonForce-|-Dragonland-|-Edguy-|-Epica-|-Equilibrium-|-Ex.Deo-|-Exodus-|-Firewind-|-Flotsam.and.Jetsam-|-Gamma.Ray-|-Grailknights-|-Grave.Digger-|-Gyze-|-Haggard-|-Hammerfall-|-Heathen.Foray-|-Helloween-|-Helstar-|-Holy.Grail-|-Hypocrisy-|-Iced.Earth-|-In.Extremo-|-Insomnium-|-Korpiklaani-|-Kreator-|-Lacuna.Coil-|-Lizzy.Borden-|-Moonspell-|-Myrkur-|-Nightwish-|-Nothgard-|-Oceans.of.Slumber-|-Omnium.Gatherum-|-Orden.Ogan-|-Powerwolf-|-Primordial-|-Psychostick-|-Refuge-|-Running.Wild-|-Sabaton-|-Saltatio.Mortis-|-Savatage-|-Saxon-|-Serious.Black-|-Shylmagoghnar-|-Skiltron-|-Stratovarius-|-Testament-|-Therion-|-Turisas-|-U.D.O.-|-Uli.Jon.Roth-|-Unisonic-|-Venom-|-Visigoth-|-Wintersun-|-Wolfheart-|-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
  • Thyrfing
    Oiler

by Thyrfing » Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:10 am

About Johnny Hedlund from Unleashed, He will be there!! So no worries like last time they were onboard!! :beerbang:
    2015 2016
    2017 2018
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:04 pm

Thyrfing wrote:About Johnny Hedlund from Unleashed, He will be there!! So no worries like last time they were onboard!! :beerbang:

YES!!!! :deathmetal: VICTORY!

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:46 pm

Warphine wrote:
    Thyrfing wrote:About Johnny Hedlund from Unleashed, He will be there!! So no worries like last time they were onboard!! :beerbang:

YES!!!! :deathmetal: VICTORY!

Nice!!! But they did do a vary great job without Johnny
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:59 am

In AVATARIUM you have :
    the bass player of CANDLEMASS
    2 members of TIAMAT

So...
    2019 for ABBATH+AGENT STEEL+CORONATUS+DARK ANGEL+DARK SARAH+KING DIAMOND+LEE AARON+LITA FORD+MIDNATTSOL+NECRODEATH+NOCTURNUS+ONSLAUGHT+PARADOX+REPULSION+SACRIFICE+THE DARK ELEMENT+VENOM INC.
    FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:20 pm

In misery loves co we have one member of Candlemass... "C" is the 1st letter of the next band, so I would bet "Candlemass" !
    2019 for ABBATH+AGENT STEEL+CORONATUS+DARK ANGEL+DARK SARAH+KING DIAMOND+LEE AARON+LITA FORD+MIDNATTSOL+NECRODEATH+NOCTURNUS+ONSLAUGHT+PARADOX+REPULSION+SACRIFICE+THE DARK ELEMENT+VENOM INC.
  • CFH
    Crewman

by CFH » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:43 pm

The Crown posted some photos from their rehearsals with a comment saying "see you in 2017", which would indicate that they are doing some shows in the (near?) future. By all means this doesn't point straight towards 70k, but just the fact that that they are getting active gives me some hope of maybe them getting onboard. So yeah, maybe not so much of a rumor, but wishful thinking at least.
    slayergeek
    Chief Petty Officer

by slayergeek » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:50 pm

CFH wrote:The Crown posted some photos from their rehearsals with a comment saying "see you in 2017", which would indicate that they are doing some shows in the (near?) future. By all means this doesn't point straight towards 70k, but just the fact that that they are getting active gives me some hope of maybe them getting onboard. So yeah, maybe not so much of a rumor, but wishful thinking at least.

I would go so fucking nuts if that was announced. They did immediately like my response to that same post earlier today.

'I really want to see you guys live. Either come to the US, or better yet, play on 70,000 tons (I am on every year), or both!!'

You are right, more wishful thinking then true rumor, but who knows.
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,See_You_In_2019

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    • iPhone Version-https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/70k-bands/id958759290?mt=8
    • Android Version-https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Bands70k

WishList
    • The_Crown-/-Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/-Violence-/
  • sara
    Petty Officer

by sara » Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:59 pm

CFH wrote:The Crown posted some photos from their rehearsals with a comment saying "see you in 2017", which would indicate that they are doing some shows in the (near?) future. By all means this doesn't point straight towards 70k, but just the fact that that they are getting active gives me some hope of maybe them getting onboard. So yeah, maybe not so much of a rumor, but wishful thinking at least.

Those guys are absolutely vicious and I'd be super thrilled to see them.
    Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:43 am

sara wrote:

they played the Palladium (upstairs) in Worcester back when they were touring for Crowned In Terror and, despite a killer lineup, only like 20 people showed up...
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
  • sara
    Petty Officer

by sara » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:10 am

DrinkMoxie wrote:
    sara wrote:

they played the Palladium (upstairs) in Worcester back when they were touring for Crowned In Terror and, despite a killer lineup, only like 20 people showed up...

I don't think they're terribly well-known, but maybe that's just me. I discovered them this summer.

Anyway, about having only 20 people at Palladium, I'd like to know how well they sold at shows that weren't held in a giant dumpster. I just moved out here last spring and saw only one show there, because it's so far out. I saw Blind Guardian, a favorite band of mine, and I left really disappointed.
    Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:45 am

sara wrote:
    DrinkMoxie wrote:
    sara wrote:

I don't think they're terribly well-known, but maybe that's just me. I discovered them this summer.

Anyway, about having only 20 people at Palladium, I'd like to know how well they sold at shows that weren't held in a giant dumpster. I just moved out here last spring and saw only one show there, because it's so far out. I saw Blind Guardian, a favorite band of mine, and I left really disappointed.

Well, the place was better back in the day... I haven't been there since like 2006... but real fans don't skip just because of the venue
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:50 am

sara wrote:Anyway, about having only 20 people at Palladium, I'd like to know how well they sold at shows that weren't held in a giant dumpster.

Dumpster describes most of Worcester. :lol: In all seriousness, I love the Palladium. Sure it's a bit of a dump, but it was my dump. I have fond memories of many, many shows there. It used to be the only venue where pretty every national touring band played in northern New England. The upstairs stage was great for more intimate shows and I like the setup downstairs because it was pretty easy to see from anywhere. And if you got there early you could score one of the booths.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:30 am

The Crown is high on my wishlist. Been a fan for a long ass time and never gotten to see them.

Also, Vektor pretty much fell apart recently. :(

• Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:49 am

Do we know if Cruachan is bringing a female vocalist on the boat? Checking out Pagan and Folk-Lore, some of the tracks with the female vocalist are badass. Would be nice to see live.
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-November's.Doom-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-

Gonna take a lot to get me back next year.
    Jakethetankdewing
    Oiler

by Jakethetankdewing » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:39 pm

Next band starts with E , i would love to see Edguy !
    Wishlist: AmonAmarth Bolt Thrower-Running Wild-TankardGloryhammer Demons&Wizards-Edguy-SabatonDarkMoor -Carcass Iced Earth-NuclearAssault-Overkill-Helloween-Tyr-Vader-MorbidAngel- Kreator-DreamEvil Fairyland
    2015Survivor
    2016 Survivor
    2017Cabin9524
    Kingslayer
    Chief Petty Officer

by Kingslayer » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:53 pm

As far as E goes, my entire group is rooting for Electric Wizard. Would also be a nice addition, considering we surprisingly have zero bands from the UK so far
    2016: 9231
    2017: 6521
    2018: TBD

Wishlist: Amon Amarth, Candlemass, Devin Townsend Project, Doomsword, Ex Deo, Gloryhammer, Grand Magus, Hypocrisy, King Diamond, Nile, Powerwolf, Running Wild, Septicflesh, Steel Panther, Unleash The Archers
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:46 pm

Phoenix wrote:Do we know if Cruachan is bringing a female vocalist on the boat? Checking out Pagan and Folk-Lore, some of the tracks with the female vocalist are badass. Would be nice to see live.

According to Metal Archives they have two female singers doing live shows, so it is highly likely.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • klons
    Chief Petty Officer

by klons » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:40 pm

So, who's in the area/free to replace a couple likely 60 minute sets?
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Survivor.
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:25 pm

I seriously think Borknagar are available...

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:46 pm

Only MESHUGGAH can replace Gojira for me. MORBID ANGEL can and should replace Nile.
    Agnostic.Front-/-Akercocke-/-Alien.Weaponry-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Anaal.Nathrakh-/-Animals.As.Leaders-/-Behemoth-/-Between.The.Buried.And.Me-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Star.Riders-/-Body.Count-/-Brujeria-/-Candiria-/-Candlemass-/-Cattle.Decapitation-/-Combichrist-/-Dark.Angel-/-Deicide-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-DRI-/-Entombed-/-Evile-/-Fear.Factory-/-Flotsam.and.Jetsam-/-Galakticon.-/-Ghost-/-Godflesh-/-Gojira-/-Green.Carnation-/-Gutalax-/-Hatebreed-/-Iron.Reagan-/-Jungle.Rot-/-KMFDM-/-Kvelertak-/-Lost.Society-/-Loudblast-/-Manowar-/-Melechesh-/-Memoriam-/-Mercyful.Fate-/-Ministry-/-M.O.D.-/-Morbid.Angel-/-Morgoth-/-Municipal.Waste-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Nails-/-Nuclear.Assault-/-Pig.Destroyer-/-Power.Trip-/-Protector-/-Rivers.Of.Nihil-/-Ross.The.Boss-/-Sacred.Reich-/-Saxon-/-Six.Feet.Under-/-Sleep-/-Stormtroopers.of.Beer-/-Suffocation-/-Suicidal.Tendencies-/-Tankard-/-Terrorizer-/-The.Crown-/-The.Faceless-/-The.Great.Old.Ones-/-The.Zenith.Passage-/-Thin.Lizzy-/-Triptykon-/-Trust-/-Tsjuder-/-Twelve.Foot.Ninja-/-UFO-/-Upon.A.Burning.Body-/-Vio-lence-/-Wrath-/-Xibalba
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:40 pm

Godflesh wrote:Only MESHUGGAH can replace Gojira for me. MORBID ANGEL can and should replace Nile.

+1 on both
    biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:02 am

I would love Morbid Angel
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
  • Post Reply 268 posts