Post Reply 3266 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2017 Megathread
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: 7 Reasons To Get Excited For Round 7

by General Zod » Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:35 am

cowboy71 wrote:Time for some interesting comparisons!

By this date in previous years:

2011 cruise - we knew 19 bands
    2012 - knew 14 bands
    2013 - knew 11 bands
    2014 - knew 14 bands
    2015 - knew 21 bands
    2016 - knew 13 bands

It's somewhat strange really. Based on my first experience on the cruise (2016), things appear to run very smoothly (schedules are maintained, sound is good, etc.). Honestly, given how disorganized everything appears leading up to the cruise, you would almost expect the cruise itself to be chaos.
    ***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:41 am

General Zod wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:Time for some interesting comparisons!

By this date in previous years:

2011 cruise - we knew 19 bands
    2012 - knew 14 bands
    2013 - knew 11 bands
    2014 - knew 14 bands
    2015 - knew 21 bands
    2016 - knew 13 bands

It's somewhat strange really. Based on my first experience on the cruise (2016), things appear to run very smoothly (schedules are maintained, sound is good, etc.). Honestly, given how disorganized everything appears leading up to the cruise, you would almost expect the cruise itself to be chaos.

It's a far cry from what we're used to in the ATL, that's for sure.
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Booked!
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:44 am

Pellaz wrote:It's a far cry from what we're used to in the ATL, that's for sure.

Very true. And while I appreciate that Andy works on a much larger scale and doesn't have the same years of experience running his festival as Glenn does PP, it still feels a bit strange the way information is disseminated.
    ***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine
  • sara
    Petty Officer

by sara » Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:19 am

Facebook today reminded me that it's been exactly a year now since I bought my last 70k ticket. No bands yet, even. I'm still okay with this. I've had so many moving expenses, if the ball starts rolling in late July or early August, I'll be cool.
    Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:03 pm

One year since I was booked too.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Liv-Kristine-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Asphyx-/-Wintersun-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-The-Foreshadowing-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Saturnus-/-Noumena-/-Blackthorn-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Dark-Fortress-/-Orphaned-Land-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Novembers-Doom-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:49 am

Maybe 4 bands for the 4th of July? :stagger: :smash:
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    slayergeek
    Chief Petty Officer

by slayergeek » Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:23 am

Azazel101 wrote:Maybe 4 bands for the 4th of July? :stagger: :smash:

I at this point I am guessing 7 Bands on 7/7 at 7pm.
    Last edited by slayergeek on Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,See_You_In_2019

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    • iPhone Version-https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/70k-bands/id958759290?mt=8
    • Android Version-https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Bands70k

WishList
    • The_Crown-/-Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/-Violence-/
    ExtraneouS
    Petty Officer

by ExtraneouS » Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:31 am

slayergeek wrote:
    Azazel101 wrote:Maybe 4 bands for the 4th of July? :stagger: :smash:

I at this point I am guessing 7 Bands on the 7/7 at 7pm.

Vancouver time I assume, since it's UTC -7:00
    Wishlist
    Æther-Realm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amaon-Amarth-/-Amaranthe-/-Amorphis-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Annihilator-/-Arch-Enemy-/-Arkona-/-Asenblut-/-Avantasia-/-Avartarium-/-Axxis-/-Babymetal-/-Battlecross-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Be'lakor-/-Blind-Guardian-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodbound-/-Brendon-Small-/-Brymir-/-Cain's-Offering-/-Carach-Angren-/-Cattle-Decapitation-/-Children-Of-Bodom-/-Chthonic-/-Crimson-Shadows-/-Dalriada-/-Derdian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dying-Fetus-/-Edguy-/-Eluveitie-/-Ensiferum-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-Evil-Scarecrow-/-Ex-Deo-/-Fairyland-/-Falconer-/-Fallujah-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Galneryus-/-Ghost-B.C.-/-Gloryhammer-/-Goatwhore-/-God-Dethroned-/-Gojira-/-Haggard-/-Hammerfall-/-Iron-Savior-/-Kalmah-/-Kamelot-/-Lagerstein-/-Moonsorrow-/-Mors-Principium-Est-/-Nanowar-Of-Steel-/-Nightwish-/-Omnium-Gatherum-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Powerwolf-/-Rumahoy-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio-Mortis-/-Serenity-/-Skálmöld-/-Skyfire-/-Solar-Fragment-/-Steel-Panther-/-Swashbuckle-/-Symphony-X-/-The-Dread-Crew-Of-Oddwood-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Twilight-Force-/-Týr-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Valhalore-/-Van-Canto-/-Visigoth-/-Wintersun-/-Ye-Banished-Privateers
    70k2015 Survivor - 2328
    70k2016 Survivor - 7511
    70k2017 Survivor - 6523
    70k2019 - 3336
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:48 pm

By this time last year, we knew a third of the lineup.

210 days to go, 60 bands to announce.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm-/-70K
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:57 am

cowboy71 wrote:By this time last year, we knew a third of the lineup.

Jeez. I don't even care about that, I just want a booking code...
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-November's.Doom-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-

Save these guys for 2021, Andy.
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:14 am

In a month we'll reach the point where we'll be getting an announcement every three days on average. How awesome is that? :beerwink:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:54 am

Memnoch wrote:In a month we'll reach the point where we'll be getting an announcement every three days on average. How awesome is that? :beerwink:

Or perhaps between January 27th and February 1st we'll get ten a day. How spectacular would that be?

:viking:
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:23 am

Ooh, I like that idea! I might even get a wishlist band for my birthday (Jan 28th)! :lol:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:56 am

General Zod wrote:
    Memnoch wrote:In a month we'll reach the point where we'll be getting an announcement every three days on average. How awesome is that? :beerwink:

Or perhaps between January 27th and February 1st we'll get ten a day. How spectacular would that be?

:viking:

Maybe we'll even have the codes by then :lol:
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-November's.Doom-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-

Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:43 pm

I am just going to sit here and hold my breath till we get an announcement :mrgreen:
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    captaingabbeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by captaingabbeh » Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:44 pm

Azazel101 wrote:I am just going to sit here and hold my breath till we get an announcement :mrgreen:

That could be a little hazardous to your health! :P

2015-2018,
    Goth Cruise 2019

Wishlist: Myrath-Skindred-Rotting Christ-Amorphis-Hypocrisy-Demons & Wizards-3TEETH-Emperor-Psyclon Nine-Ihsahn-Batushka-Anaal Nathrakh-Epica-Aeternam-Nightwish-Starkill-Primordial-Zeal & Ardor-Powerwolf
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:40 pm

Okay the 7 reasons or what would get me on again
    1)From a personal perspective ,I can plan to go without worrying about cancelling now
    2)Last time was 2014 on the Majesty ,so the new big boat would be cool.I do not like cruises honestly and the music /metal people is all that I really enjoy .The bigger boat would be nice to try.I never go on it without music ,ever.
    3)Something like Radio Fenriz on the Water would be cool,Darkthrone will never play anything like this but Fenriz as DJ.Now that would be cool ,even some of his Yacht Rock
    4)Last year's line up with some of the big names from 2015.Something like the line-up in 2016,after a few big bands in 2015 I was glad I didn't go.
    5)I really like the port of call this year ,something different I know you at trapped into the Island but this would be totally different.Jamaica (the poverty hell-hole ) was of no interest.
    6)I can afford this now,I mean a balcony and doing something after instead of having to fly home right after .
    7)A few Black Metal Bands -Dark Funeral ,Satyricon (with Frost) and Myrkur (just to piss people off and I really like her music,just listen and stop being a hater)
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:13 am

deathmetalpat wrote:5)I really like the port of call this year ,something different I know you at trapped into the Island but this would be totally different.Jamaica (the poverty hell-hole ) was of no interest.

I actually feel that way about Haiti. I don't even plan to get off the boat.
    Kingslayer
    Chief Petty Officer

by Kingslayer » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:55 pm

What is the longest we've had to wait to for booking and/or announcements? Somehow I get the feeling this year isn't it
    2016: 9231
    2017: 6521
    2018: TBD

Wishlist: Amon Amarth, Candlemass, Devin Townsend Project, Doomsword, Ex Deo, Gloryhammer, Grand Magus, Hypocrisy, King Diamond, Nile, Powerwolf, Running Wild, Septicflesh, Steel Panther, Unleash The Archers
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:06 pm

cowboy71 wrote:18th April 2011 - 280 days from sailing
    27th June 2012 - 215 days from sailing
    31st March 2013 - 301 days from sailing
    15th March 2014 - 313 days from sailing
    25th June 2015 - 224 days from sailing

We're two days out from being the longest.

EDIT: Sorry I read Statsman's post wrong. This is the longest - 210 days until sailing right now, according to the website. Whee, record setting!

cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:32 pm

And the longer we go without announcements, the more bands make themselves unavailable.

7 of the top 28 ruled out - Alestorm and Nightwish only ruled out by hearsay it should be said, but the rest are all confirmed ruled out due to touring commitments (or breaking up in Agalloch's case)

2 - Sabaton (touring with Accept)
    3 - Alestorm (told a cruiser not 2017, maybe 2018)
    4 - Nightwish (told a cruiser not 2017, maybe 2018)
    7 - Kreator (touring Europe)
    13 - Devin Townsend (touring with Leprous and Between the buried and me)
    21 - Powerwolf (gig in France with Epica on 4th February 2017)
    27 - Agalloch (breaking up)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:49 pm

Phoenix wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:18th April 2011 - 280 days from sailing
    27th June 2012 - 215 days from sailing
    31st March 2013 - 301 days from sailing
    15th March 2014 - 313 days from sailing
    25th June 2015 - 224 days from sailing

We're two days out from being the longest.

EDIT: Sorry I read Statsman's post wrong. This is the longest - 210 days until sailing right now, according to the website. Whee, record setting!
    but in all fairness he also did Barge to Hell that year? We have no Barge to Hell this year :bitch: :bitch: :bitch:
    Downvod
    Chief Petty Officer

by Downvod » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:35 pm

cowboy71 wrote:And the longer we go without announcements, the more bands make themselves unavailable.

7 of the top 28 ruled out - Alestorm and Nightwish only ruled out by hearsay it should be said, but the rest are all confirmed ruled out due to touring commitments (or breaking up in Agalloch's case)

2 - Sabaton (touring with Accept)
    3 - Alestorm (told a cruiser not 2017, maybe 2018)
    4 - Nightwish (told a cruiser not 2017, maybe 2018)
    7 - Kreator (touring Europe)
    13 - Devin Townsend (touring with Leprous and Between the buried and me)
    21 - Powerwolf (gig in France with Epica on 4th February 2017)
    27 - Agalloch (breaking up)

That is assuming that no announcements means no activity behind the scenes, which usually does not seem to be the case. I doubt if any of the above bands would have been included even if the announcements were back in March. I am thinking they probably have the first 25-30 bands pretty well in the bag, they are just making us wait... because that's what they do!
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402

Abbath-/-Aeternam-/-Aetherian-/-Aether.Realm-/-Alestorm-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-At.the.Gates-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE’LAKOR-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carach.Angren-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Cruachan-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-DEATH.ANGEL-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-De.Profundis-/-Devin.Townsend-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Emperor-/-Enslaved-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Exodus-/-Finntroll-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghost.Ship.Octavius-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Havok-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Iced.Earth-/-IHSAHN-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-In.Mourning-/-Insomnium-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-MELECHESH-/-Mgla-/-MOONSORROW-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Obscura-/-Omnium.Gatherum-/-Oni-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-SOILWORK-/-Solution.45-/-Sunburst-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-Taake-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WINTERSUN-/-Witchery-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:48 pm

They are waiting for 7/7 to make any announcements.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Liv-Kristine-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Asphyx-/-Wintersun-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-The-Foreshadowing-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Saturnus-/-Noumena-/-Blackthorn-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Dark-Fortress-/-Orphaned-Land-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Novembers-Doom-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    Loki-motive
    Oiler

by Loki-motive » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:36 pm

I'm not even going next year (probably ) and I'm impatient for announcements
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:39 am

Razor Ramon wrote:They are waiting for 7/7 to make any announcements.

Yeah I thought so too. Let's see if today is the day.
    Wishlist:
    AETERNAM--Alestorm--Allegaeon--
    Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Dark.Tranquillity--Devin.Townsend--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--DREAM.THEATER--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Freedom.call--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Helloween--IN.MOURNING--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--Kreator--Masterplan--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--Moonsorrow--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SABATON--Seven.Spires--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--SOEN--Soilwork--Stratovarius--SYMPHONY.X--TERAMAZE--_Tomorrows.Eve--Triosphere--Therion--THRESHOLD--Unisonic--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Wolfheart

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor | 2020: BOOKED
    slayergeek
    Chief Petty Officer

by slayergeek » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:18 am

In theory at least...

Today is the day...common Amon Amarth!
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,See_You_In_2019

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    • iPhone Version-https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/70k-bands/id958759290?mt=8
    • Android Version-https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Bands70k

WishList
    • The_Crown-/-Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/-Violence-/
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:51 am

7/7 would be very logical and most of Andy's posts have been pointing to a future post since he started the games last year.Now one thing that did happen was Brexit ,and he couldn't control that.It makes almost every band coming to play a bit more expensive for their Miami stay,but flights will be cheaper and they will get a slightly bigger payday.So that might have changed his plans ,Brexit really had a immediately noticed effect on a enterprise like this.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:04 pm

My guess is that they can't officially book anyone until they're done setting up all the legal stuff around their tax shelter corporation in the Bahamas. I don't think there's any logic to this game - they're probably waiting even more impatiently than we are. Just because they didn't want to pay Canadian taxes or (possibly) be subject to Canadian laws.
    2020 Wishlist: Boat, friends, bands, karaoke, hot, Sorrentos, Windjammer, coffee, Satan, love, alcohol.
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:10 pm

Unless Andy's bank account is in pounds, I'm not sure how Brexit would impact this. For starters, I have have to assume (or would at least like to think) the headliners have been locked and loaded for months. I say this because most nationally touring acts work on a 12 - 18 month planning horizon. Second, the only immediate impact of Brexit is currency values. However, as the amounts set forth in the contracts are highly unlikely to be renegotiable based on currency fluctuations, any contracts signed prior to Brexit would still be valid. Further, it's typical that only a deposit is paid when the contract is signed. No one knows what the dollar, pound or euro might be worth come February when the balances come due. More than likely 7 for 7 was never a clue.
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:37 pm

General Zod wrote:Unless Andy's bank account is in pounds, I'm not sure how Brexit would impact this. For starters, I have have to assume (or would at least like to think) the headliners have been locked and loaded for months. I say this because most nationally touring acts work on a 12 - 18 month planning horizon. Second, the only immediate impact of Brexit is currency values. However, as the amounts set forth in the contracts are highly unlikely to be renegotiable based on currency fluctuations, any contracts signed prior to Brexit would still be valid. Further, it's typical that only a deposit is paid when the contract is signed. No one knows what the dollar, pound or euro might be worth come February when the balances come due. More than likely 7 for 7 was never a clue.

Yeah I don't think Brexit has an impact. If anything, Andy's happy about it, because the Canadian dollar went down a titch and a lot of the stuff goes through American currencies.

I also (could be wrong) don't think today's the day. It's been true in the past that any time the 70k Facebook page posts a random social media post, they do not announce anything cruise info related. They made their social media post this morning.

• deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:21 pm

Brexit has an impact on 70k customers so yeah it has an impact plus as stated above the whole company was shifting to the Bahamas.My guess is the Swiss Franc (which got hammered hard also) is the currency along with USD that most affects day to day finances.But it is the customers ,hotel stays and the trip itself got more expensive for many.The profit margin on this cruise is problably very slim.So going back to Royal Carribean to lower prices could be an option.You know this is a cruise? Lol Royal Caribbean went from 77.13 a share on 23 June to 65.95 on 27 June.So that is what I call an immediate and devasting change to your business .
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:43 pm

From a longer term viewpoint, Brexit wouldn't have had too much of an impact on us Aussie cruisers so far.

Immediately after the Brexit vote, the Australian Dollar dropped about 3 cents against the $US which is pretty significant in terms of sudden currency movements.

BUT, the Aussie Dollar had been on a steady upward climb - prior to Brexit it had risen to $US0.76 from 70 cents at the start of the year.

And now its started climbing again and is hovering around $US0.75
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:30 pm

<Looking at my watch>
    Well, there's still a little time before 7 pm Vancouver time......

Ahh, who am I kidding? It won't be today.

Meanwhile out in the real world, my compadre from last Feb. isn't interested in returning in 2017, in part because of all the booking/announcing silliness.
    I have two other friends who ARE interested in coming, but it's all going to come down to timing and that all-important initial slate of bands announced. I guess we'll see......
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Booked!
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:51 pm

Knew it wouldn't be today.

My 70k 2017 reserves of cash are getting slowly whittled away by boring daily life and unexpected expenses.

Announcements better hurry up so I can book before I have nothing left!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

Here Comes Your Favorite Poison!

by Andy » Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:01 pm

Today is 7/7 so we will start to give you your favorite poison for Round 7: Announcements!

Please welcome ANTHRAX onbroad 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World’s Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise!

The next one will also start with the letter A…

ExtraneouS
    Petty Officer

Re: Here Comes Your Favorite Poison!

by ExtraneouS » Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:03 pm

Wishlist
    Æther-Realm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amaon-Amarth-/-Amaranthe-/-Amorphis-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Annihilator-/-Arch-Enemy-/-Arkona-/-Asenblut-/-Avantasia-/-Avartarium-/-Axxis-/-Babymetal-/-Battlecross-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Be'lakor-/-Blind-Guardian-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodbound-/-Brendon-Small-/-Brymir-/-Cain's-Offering-/-Carach-Angren-/-Cattle-Decapitation-/-Children-Of-Bodom-/-Chthonic-/-Crimson-Shadows-/-Dalriada-/-Derdian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dying-Fetus-/-Edguy-/-Eluveitie-/-Ensiferum-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-Evil-Scarecrow-/-Ex-Deo-/-Fairyland-/-Falconer-/-Fallujah-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Galneryus-/-Ghost-B.C.-/-Gloryhammer-/-Goatwhore-/-God-Dethroned-/-Gojira-/-Haggard-/-Hammerfall-/-Iron-Savior-/-Kalmah-/-Kamelot-/-Lagerstein-/-Moonsorrow-/-Mors-Principium-Est-/-Nanowar-Of-Steel-/-Nightwish-/-Omnium-Gatherum-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Powerwolf-/-Rumahoy-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio-Mortis-/-Serenity-/-Skálmöld-/-Skyfire-/-Solar-Fragment-/-Steel-Panther-/-Swashbuckle-/-Symphony-X-/-The-Dread-Crew-Of-Oddwood-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Twilight-Force-/-Týr-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Valhalore-/-Van-Canto-/-Visigoth-/-Wintersun-/-Ye-Banished-Privateers
    70k2015 Survivor - 2328
    70k2016 Survivor - 7511
    70k2017 Survivor - 6523
    70k2019 - 3336
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:04 pm

Next one better be Anathema..

I'm sure it's Amaranthe.
    70000 Tons 2019
  • SpaceSlug
    Crewman

by SpaceSlug » Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:12 pm

A? Poison? Alice Cooper!!!
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:13 pm

Thanks for proving me wrong skipper!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
Post Reply 3266 posts