The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2017 Megathread
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

Re: Snappin' Necks All The Way To Labadee

by Phoenix » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:41 am

rwalters wrote:Next is Omnium Gatherum

Red Shift.

Lock it up.

Oh right. Well them I'm wrong, and excited.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    jeyrow
    Petty Officer

by jeyrow » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:50 am

PLEASE!!! Omnium Gatherum !!!!

The Redshift.

Lock it up.
    70000Tons - 2015 - 7307
    70000Tons - 2016 - 7531
    70000Tons - 2017 - 6231
    70000Tons - 2018 - No
    70000Tons - 2019 - 6131
    70000Tons - 2020 - No
    jeyrow
    Petty Officer

by jeyrow » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:55 am

N/A

Origin

Obituary
    Orphaned Land
    OverKill

Onslaught

Orphaned Land
    OverKill

Obituary
    70000Tons - 2015 - 7307
    70000Tons - 2016 - 7531
    70000Tons - 2017 - 6231
    70000Tons - 2018 - No
    70000Tons - 2019 - 6131
    70000Tons - 2020 - No
    metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalmaciejmetal » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:59 am

Stuck Mojo is a really weird pick. I would much prefer Fozzy since I am a Jerichoholic
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
  • macamatic
    Petty Officer

by macamatic » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:06 pm

The Redshift.

Lock it up.

ALL OF MY YES.

Stuck Mojo is a strange choice, but I have no problem with them throwing some really weird stuff out there in a field of 60 bands. I'm sure some people on the ship will enjoy it. *shrug*
    2017: 6523 | 2018: 2546

Want: Ancient Bards, Dark Tranquillity, Deadlock, Disarmonia Mundi, In Mourning, Insomnium, Symphony X, The Unguided, Wintersun, Within Temptation
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:37 pm

STUCK MOJO
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
  • Mr. HCI
    Crewman

by Mr. HCI » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:50 pm

I used to have a Boston Terrier named Mojo. Once when he was a puppy he got his head stuck in a chain link fence.

That's all I can think of when I see this band's name.
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:55 pm

I also thought of the Redshift. Jeez I hope that's the clue. Omnium Gatherum would be my dream announcement.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    AmelieM
    Petty Officer

by AmelieM » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:57 pm

I usually don't complain about bands because I know we all have different tastes and some ppl are gonna be happy with the announcement... But this? :shock: Is anyone genuinely happy about this? Hahahaha! If so, I will STFU! :cool:
    Alestorm-/-Amon-Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Be'lakor-/-Dark-Tranquillity-/-Edguy-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Gloryhammer-/-Gojira-/-Omnium-Gatherum-/-Ophaned-Land-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Kamelot-/-Kataklysm-/-Sabaton-/-Septic-Flesh-/-Seventh-Wonder-/-Suidakra-/-Tarot-/-Therion-/-Wintersun
  • Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:17 pm

Another band I never thought would be booked. Going to get downed here but I'll probably catch one set for nostalgia purposes. Wouldn't mind hearing pigwalk or I'm american but what's next, Biohazard and Onyx?
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:18 pm

After Dead Cross last year anything is possible.

AmelieM wrote:I usually don't complain about bands because I know we all have different tastes and some ppl are gonna be happy with the announcement... But this? :shock: Is anyone genuinely happy about this? Hahahaha! If so, I will STFU! :cool:
    2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

2025 - Maybe time to come out of 70K retirement!
  • Mr. HCI
    Crewman

by Mr. HCI » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:25 pm

mbob wrote:After Dead Cross last year anything is possible.

Good God, they were terrible. As a long time Lombardo fan, it's unfathomable to me that he'd be involved in such an amateur-hour sideshow.
    captaingabbeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by captaingabbeh » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:35 pm

Andy wrote:Let's all welcome the recently reformed STUCK MOJO onbroad 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World’s Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise!

Now we Shift gears and find something that begins with the letter "O".

... Y'all, I was (half) joking about Skindred, and they're a million times better than these guys.

2015-2018,
    Goth Cruise 2019

Wishlist: Myrath-Skindred-Rotting Christ-Amorphis-Hypocrisy-Demons & Wizards-3TEETH-Emperor-Psyclon Nine-Ihsahn-Batushka-Anaal Nathrakh-Epica-Aeternam-Nightwish-Starkill-Primordial-Zeal & Ardor-Powerwolf
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:44 pm

For anyone playing along it looks like "Sea" wasn't a clue, but Stuck Mojo did release an album in 1998 called "Rising".
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Pamela
    Petty Officer

by Pamela » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:58 pm

Opeth and/or Omnium Gatherum - either one would be great, both are on my list!
    '13 '15 '16 '18
    Eluveitie -Saltatio Mortis-Threshold-Apocalypse Orchestra-Apocalyptica-Blind Guardian-Voyager-Solstafir-Lacuna Coil-Dragonforce-Amon Amarth-SuidAkarA-Caliban-Turisas-Caligulas Horse-Opeth-Ghost Ship Octavius-Leaves Eyes Partial list
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:15 pm

A search of the metal archives reveals that Omnium are the only band starting with O that have an album with "shift" in the title so if that is the clue, then we can practically lock it in.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    captaingabbeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by captaingabbeh » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:19 pm

cowboy71 wrote:A search of the metal archives reveals that Omnium are the only band starting with O that have an album with "shift" in the title so if that is the clue, then we can practically lock it in.

Sounds like I'll finally be checking out Omnium Gatherum soon :headbanger:

2015-2018,
    Goth Cruise 2019

Wishlist: Myrath-Skindred-Rotting Christ-Amorphis-Hypocrisy-Demons & Wizards-3TEETH-Emperor-Psyclon Nine-Ihsahn-Batushka-Anaal Nathrakh-Epica-Aeternam-Nightwish-Starkill-Primordial-Zeal & Ardor-Powerwolf
    Saturnset
    Wiper

by Saturnset » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:34 pm

I'm checking out Omnium Gatherum right now, since everyone is talking about them. They're very cool! But I'll be seeing them late November on the Sonata Arctica tour anyway. Would much rather hope for bands that I'll likely never get the chance to see in my home state.

Speaking of, Queensryche is playing our county fair! I usually have to drive 3+ hours to see the shows I want, so this will be awesome!
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:59 pm

Never heard of Stuck Mojo but they are supposed to be a more Right -wing rap metal band.Another USA band and if Hillary wins they could play this song about Bill
    Lyrics to Crooked Figurehead
    "You lied connived and pressed flesh till 1600 was
    your address.
    The chameleon at the podium whose words cause pandemonium.
    A nation under stress, you must confess about an executive mess "
    But Trumpy will be president so even that won't matter :bmhorns:
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
  • sara
    Petty Officer

by sara » Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:14 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:Never heard of Stuck Mojo but they are supposed to be a more Right -wing rap metal band.Another USA band and if Hillary wins they could play this song about Bill
    Lyrics to Crooked Figurehead
    "You lied connived and pressed flesh till 1600 was
    your address.
    The chameleon at the podium whose words cause pandemonium.
    A nation under stress, you must confess about an executive mess "
    But Trumpy will be president so even that won't matter :bmhorns:

Good god damn, I just threw up in my mouth a little!
    Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
    spooky
    Petty Officer

Re: Sail Into The Dark

by spooky » Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:54 pm

bernabeit wrote:Don't think it'll be Sirenia as they just lost their singer :cry: Which sucks because they are one of my wish list bands.

Hopefully they can find a replacement, finish their new album that is almost done and be on the boat??

...i heard that Emmanuelle Zoldan was their new vocalist?
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2021: FUCK COVID
    2022: FUCK COVID
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:20 pm

Omnium Gatherum for 2 4 AM sets I'm sure.... Poor Markus will get shafted 2 years in a row :p
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:52 pm

50% of the bands coming from North America is REALLY not doing it for me.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Shadow Son
    Petty Officer

by Shadow Son » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:59 pm

Where is the Black Metal? WHERE IS IT?
    2015: Survivor: Cabin 9321
    2016: Survivor: Cabin 8455
    2017:
    ABANDONED SHIP!
    2018: Survivor: Cabin 1688
    2019:
    ABANDONED SHIP!
    2020: ABANDONED SHIP!
    gorgatron
    Crewman

by gorgatron » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:05 pm

cowboy71 wrote:50% of the bands coming from North America is REALLY not doing it for me.
    wack
    Last edited by gorgatron on Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
    2016: 2314
    2017: 6661
    2018: 2364
    2019: 7630

Abbath-/-Aborted-/-Acid.Witch-/-Alestorm-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Analepsy-/-Andrew.WK-/-At.the.Gates-/-Be'lakor-/-Beaten.to.Death-/-Belzebubs-/-Benighted-/-Cannabis.Corpse-/-Cattle.Decapitation-/-Charred.Walls.of.the.Damned-/-Cryptopsy-/-Darkest.Hour-/-Decrepit.Birth-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Dying.Fetus-/-Eat.the.Turnbuckle-/-Enisum-/-Enfold.Darkness-/-Exhumed-/-Feral-/-Frightmare-/-Full.of.Hell-/-Galakticon-/-Gatecreeper-/-General.Surgery-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Gutteral.Secrete-/-Haemorrhage-/-Heavy.Temple-/-Hypocrisy-/-Impaled-/-Inferi-/-Iron.Reagan-/-Lord.Gore-/-Magrudergrind-/-Midnight-/-Misery.Index-/-Municipal.Waste-/-Necrophagist-/-Noisem-/-Origin-/-Outer.Heaven-/-Party.Cannon-/-Pig.Destroyer-/-Power.Trip-/-Prostitute.Disfigurement-/-Repulsion-/-Skeletonwitch-/-Splatterhouse-/-Steel.Panther-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tombtoker-/-Toxic.Holocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Uada-/-Vader-/-Varg-/-Vital.Remains-/-Wake-/-Wintersun-/-Wormed-/-Wormrot-/-
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:14 pm

cowboy71 wrote:50% of the bands coming from North America is REALLY not doing it for me.

I certainly wish we'd give our Finnish and Australian bands some more love, but if a band is good a band is good.

That being said I don't think I am a big fan of the NA bands personally.

You've been tracking this and most of them are on our wishlist, right?

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:56 pm

Yup - Stuck Mojo the only band so far that no-one requested :P

#5 Kalmah
    #10 Kamelot
    #25 Amorphis
    #32 Therion
    #39 Orphaned Land
    #41 Amaranthe
    #43 Death Angel
    #44 Equilibrium
    #52 Haggard
    #56 Arch Enemy
    #60 Dying Fetus
    #86 Annihilator
    #92 Nile

121 Anthrax (6 requests)
    207 Grave Digger (4 requests)
    267 Cruachan (3 requests)
    307 Powerglove (3 requests)
    366 Devildriver (2 requests)
    486 Suffocation (2 requests)
    Stuck Mojo zero requests

Also interesting to note that 8 of the bottom 10 bands are North American.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    gorgatron
    Crewman

by gorgatron » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:03 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Yup - Stuck Mojo the only band so far that no-one requested :P

#5 Kalmah
    #10 Kamelot
    #25 Amorphis
    #32 Therion
    #39 Orphaned Land
    #41 Amaranthe
    #43 Death Angel
    #44 Equilibrium
    #52 Haggard
    #56 Arch Enemy
    #60 Dying Fetus
    #86 Annihilator
    #92 Nile

121 Anthrax (6 requests)
    207 Grave Digger (4 requests)
    267 Cruachan (3 requests)
    307 Powerglove (3 requests)
    366 Devildriver (2 requests)
    486 Suffocation (2 requests)
    Stuck Mojo zero requests

Also interesting to note that 8 of the bottom 10 bands are North American.

Are you saying the cruise has sold out? (Not tickets, morals))
    Last edited by gorgatron on Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
    2016: 2314
    2017: 6661
    2018: 2364
    2019: 7630

Abbath-/-Aborted-/-Acid.Witch-/-Alestorm-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Analepsy-/-Andrew.WK-/-At.the.Gates-/-Be'lakor-/-Beaten.to.Death-/-Belzebubs-/-Benighted-/-Cannabis.Corpse-/-Cattle.Decapitation-/-Charred.Walls.of.the.Damned-/-Cryptopsy-/-Darkest.Hour-/-Decrepit.Birth-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Dying.Fetus-/-Eat.the.Turnbuckle-/-Enisum-/-Enfold.Darkness-/-Exhumed-/-Feral-/-Frightmare-/-Full.of.Hell-/-Galakticon-/-Gatecreeper-/-General.Surgery-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Gutteral.Secrete-/-Haemorrhage-/-Heavy.Temple-/-Hypocrisy-/-Impaled-/-Inferi-/-Iron.Reagan-/-Lord.Gore-/-Magrudergrind-/-Midnight-/-Misery.Index-/-Municipal.Waste-/-Necrophagist-/-Noisem-/-Origin-/-Outer.Heaven-/-Party.Cannon-/-Pig.Destroyer-/-Power.Trip-/-Prostitute.Disfigurement-/-Repulsion-/-Skeletonwitch-/-Splatterhouse-/-Steel.Panther-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tombtoker-/-Toxic.Holocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Uada-/-Vader-/-Varg-/-Vital.Remains-/-Wake-/-Wintersun-/-Wormed-/-Wormrot-/-
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:25 pm

Nah not at all.

More just wondering whether the state of the global economy has lead to more north american bands being booked due to the reduced cost to get them to play as opposed to bands from elsewhere in the world.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:15 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Nah not at all.

More just wondering whether the state of the global economy has lead to more north american bands being booked due to the reduced cost to get them to play as opposed to bands from elsewhere in the world.

They were pretty close to selling out in the last two years, weren't they? And the US currency has gotten relatively stronger in the last year. I'm hoping that all the US bands are a coincidence and not a sign of things to come. I mean, there are great bands from the US, but one of the best things about 70K is the ability to see bands from elsewhere that would never otherwise come over here.

Of course, I'm not talking about the Dread Crew of Oddwood - I want them to play everywhere all the time, including on 70K. :shred:
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:04 pm

I'm halfway thinking Dead Cross and Stuck Mojo are both pay-to-play bands.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalmaciejmetal » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:20 pm

AmelieM wrote:I usually don't complain about bands because I know we all have different tastes and some ppl are gonna be happy with the announcement... But this? :shock: Is anyone genuinely happy about this? Hahahaha! If so, I will STFU! :cool:

Oh yeah that band. Ill take Stuck Mojo and Devil driver over that shit band any day
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
    metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalmaciejmetal » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:22 pm

Shadow Son wrote:Where is the Black Metal? WHERE IS IT?

Have faith, Borknagar is coming. I just know it
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
  • rwalters
    Chief Petty Officer

by rwalters » Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:30 am

I'm not a Stuck Mojo fan but if one were to ever to like rap metal, they were the rap metal band to like back in the late 90s. They were the real deal and have credibility within the metal community. They definitely belong on the cruise IMO. Moreso than Devildriver and Amaranthe.

I can't believe Amaranthe is considered metal tbh...........
  • CFH
    Crewman

by CFH » Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:40 am

rwalters wrote:I'm not a Stuck Mojo fan but if one were to ever to like rap metal, they were the rap metal band to like back in the late 90s. They were the real deal and have credibility within the metal community. They definitely belong on the cruise IMO. Moreso than Devildriver.

Nah, you're obviosly talking about Body Count. That's some good shit, especially their latest album. This coming from a guy who used to absolutely loathe everything rap or nu-metal related in the 90's and early 2000's.

Devildriver is a great band, I don't quite get the hate. Is it because they have a young fan base or something? Newer albums have been a bit repetitive and I think that they should reinvent their sound a bit, instead of recording The Last Kind Words over and over again.

Still, I don't mind if they announce some bands that don't interest me, cause there's already good amount of bands that do. And it's not like Stuck Mojo are going to play their set in our stateroom when we are trying to sleep.
  • macamatic
    Petty Officer

by macamatic » Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:07 am

rwalters wrote:I'm not a Stuck Mojo fan but if one were to ever to like rap metal, they were the rap metal band to like back in the late 90s. They were the real deal and have credibility within the metal community. They definitely belong on the cruise IMO. Moreso than Devildriver and Amaranthe.

I can't believe Amaranthe is considered metal tbh...........

So metal + rap is metal, but metal + europop isn't? It's not like people are taking a random band and calling them metal. Amaranthe has a lot of the characteristics we associate with metal.

But if it makes you feel any better, MA doesn't consider them metal.
    2017: 6523 | 2018: 2546

Want: Ancient Bards, Dark Tranquillity, Deadlock, Disarmonia Mundi, In Mourning, Insomnium, Symphony X, The Unguided, Wintersun, Within Temptation
    Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer

by Hoppy McGee » Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:53 am

Pellaz wrote:

I'm halfway thinking Dead Cross and Stuck Mojo are both pay-to-play bands.

There is no way Andy made Dave Lombardo pay to play 70K. I think the only reason this band was booked was so they could have Lombardo play in the All-Star jam.

Not sure about Stuck Mojo either.....they were one of the first ever rap-metal bands and there was a time in the late 90's that they were actually kind of a semi-big name in some circles. I agree that they don't fit 70K at all really, but I have no problem with Andy changing things up and introducing a little variety.

I also wonder if Andy tried to book Fozzy and Jericho told him to book Stuck Mojo this year and he'd think about doing the year after once he is finished with his latest return to wrestling.....actually I think Jericho's latest WWE run finishes up at the end of this year....so he might be available for the next sailing of 70K. Maybe Fozzy is booked as well but they are waiting until just before sailing to announce it in order to prevent weird wrestling fans from booking 70K just so they can stalk Y2J for a few days.

I'm not a big fan of Fozzy's music but I would gladly accept the gift of Jericho abroad 70K and would definitely try to check out a set from them.
    70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
    MY.LITTLE.WISHLIST_____**CAPS=MOST.WANTED**
    /-3.Inches.of.Blood.(Reunion)-/1914-/-ABBATH-/-Abysmal.Dawn-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMON.AMARTH-/-Amorphis-/-ARCHSPIRE-/-Armored.Saint-/-Asphyx-/-At.the.Gates-/-AUTOPSY-/-Battlelore-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Fast-/-Bölzer-/-CARCASS-/-CATTLE.DECAPITATION-/-Cloak-/-Craven.Idol-/-Crypt.Sermon-/-Critical.Mess-/-DARK.FORTRESS-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Demonical-/-Desaster-/-Deserted.Fear-/-DESTROYER.666-/-DISMEMBER-/-Draconian-/-Drakwald-/-DYING.FETUS-/-Dyscarnate-/-Gatecreeper-/-Finntroll-/-GHOUL-/-Goatwhore-/-GOJIRA-/-Gorod-/-Grave-/-Gruesome-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Hath-/-High.on.Fire-/-Hooded.Menace-/-HORRENDOUS-/-Horrified-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Immolation-/-Inanimate.Existence-/-Insomnium-/-Jungle.Rot-/-Kaoteon-/-Katatonia-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Khemmis-/-King.Goat-/-King.of.Asgard-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-LEGION.OF.THE.DAMNED-/-LIK-/-Magic.Circle-/-Mammoth.Grinder-/-Master-/-Mastodon-/-MGLA-/-MIDNIGHT-/-MISERY.INDEX-/-Moonspell-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Necrophobic-/-Necrot-/-Okkultist-/-Orange.Goblin-/-Ossuarium-/-Outre.Tomb-/-Possessed-/-Powerwolf-/-PRIMORDIAL-/-Protector-/-Psycroptic-/-Revocation-/-Ripper-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Ruby.the.Hatchet-/-Sacred.Monster-/-SATAN-/-Skálmöld-/-Skeletal.Remains-/-SOEN-/-SULPHUR.AEON-/-Taake-/-TANKARD-/-Temple.of.Void-/-Testament-/-The.Crown-/-THULCANDRA-/-Thyrfing-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tribulation-/-Uada-/-Unleashed-/-VADER-/-Venom.Inc.-/-Watain-/-Xentrix/{white=booked}/{red=ruled.out}
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:54 am

gorgatron wrote:

What's wrong with having an equal amount of North American bands hmmm mate?

You know that USA is not 50% of the world, right? :D
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:10 am

bodomdragon wrote:
    gorgatron wrote:

What's wrong with having an equal amount of North American bands hmmm mate?

You know that USA is not 50% of the world, right? :D

Many of us do forget that sometimes. Trump thinks that America is 99% of the world. Trump/Pense...If we're going to flush America down the toilet, TP is needed.
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:19 am

... Jericho's in a metal band? How have I never heard this?

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
Post Reply 3265 posts