Post Reply 3266 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2017 Megathread
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

Re: Did You Bring Some Salmiakki?

by DragonLordJones » Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:24 am

Warphine wrote:Dark Fortress!! Come on Andy!

They have never played the states before (as far as I know) and are massively underrated. They are also black metal and the boat could use some great BM!

It's awesome to see all the support in the form of requests for this band on the 70K Facebook page. Gives me a little hope that I might get to see them live someday.

If you are unfamiliar check out their album "Ylem".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNloyxC ... dvpAljJoik

doesn't hurt to include a video :cheers: :givebeer:
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:34 am

DragonLordJones wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNloyxCofts&list=PLiS4dVIPcof9YY6Bwg8lfLSdvpAljJoik

Indeed!

These two are my favorite tracks on the album:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCzho3mmpq4
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUnfsFntz4A
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:56 am

Another good add (if you missed 2015 as I did) ,going Darkane next guess.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:27 am

Warphine wrote:They are also black metal and the boat could use some great BM!

Agreed. We've got a little more than a third of the line up and there's no BM.

Warphine wrote:If you are unfamiliar check out their album "Ylem".

OK... so I had been rooting for Dark Tranquillity to be the "D" band announced, but after checking out a couple of tracks from Ylem, I'm rooting for Dark Fortress.
    ***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine
    Downvod
    Chief Petty Officer

by Downvod » Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:48 pm

Just noticed on Kamelot's Instagram post about their 70,000 tons announcement... They hashtagged Arch Enemy and Nightwish. Arch Enemy was announced a few days later... Could Nightwish be one of the two remaining headliners to be announced? Naughty Kamelot
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402

Abbath-/-Aeternam-/-Aetherian-/-Aether.Realm-/-Alestorm-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-At.the.Gates-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE’LAKOR-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carach.Angren-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Cruachan-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-DEATH.ANGEL-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-De.Profundis-/-Devin.Townsend-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Emperor-/-Enslaved-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Exodus-/-Finntroll-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghost.Ship.Octavius-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Havok-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Iced.Earth-/-IHSAHN-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-In.Mourning-/-Insomnium-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-MELECHESH-/-Mgla-/-MOONSORROW-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Obscura-/-Omnium.Gatherum-/-Oni-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-SOILWORK-/-Solution.45-/-Sunburst-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-Taake-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WINTERSUN-/-Witchery-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    crazemidgt
    Crewman

by crazemidgt » Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:39 pm

Just noticed on Kamelot's Instagram post about their 70,000 tons announcement... They hashtagged Arch Enemy and Nightwish. Arch Enemy was announced a few days later... Could Nightwish be one of the two remaining headliners to be announced? Naughty Kamelot

They also tagged Epica too....Epica played last year.
    70K 2017 Cabin - 6232

70K Survivor - 2015
    Wacken - 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014
    MetalDays - 2014
    Downvod
    Chief Petty Officer

by Downvod » Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:43 pm

crazemidgt wrote:Just noticed on Kamelot's Instagram post about their 70,000 tons announcement... They hashtagged Arch Enemy and Nightwish. Arch Enemy was announced a few days later... Could Nightwish be one of the two remaining headliners to be announced? Naughty Kamelot

I did see that, but I chocked that up to the close personal relationship between the two bands (Simone and Oliver are married). I can't think of a logical explanation for Nightwish being tagged except they might be playing.

Abbath-/-Aeternam-/-Aetherian-/-Aether.Realm-/-Alestorm-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-At.the.Gates-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE’LAKOR-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carach.Angren-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Cruachan-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-DEATH.ANGEL-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-De.Profundis-/-Devin.Townsend-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Emperor-/-Enslaved-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Exodus-/-Finntroll-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghost.Ship.Octavius-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Havok-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Iced.Earth-/-IHSAHN-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-In.Mourning-/-Insomnium-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-MELECHESH-/-Mgla-/-MOONSORROW-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Obscura-/-Omnium.Gatherum-/-Oni-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-SOILWORK-/-Solution.45-/-Sunburst-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-Taake-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WINTERSUN-/-Witchery-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:44 pm

Downvod wrote:Just noticed on Kamelot's Instagram post about their 70,000 tons announcement... They hashtagged Arch Enemy and Nightwish. Arch Enemy was announced a few days later... Could Nightwish be one of the two remaining headliners to be announced? Naughty Kamelot

Take what we can get. At least it seems like they are actually going to play this year :lol: hopefully Andy won't have to retract the announcement again
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:46 pm

Nightwish would definitely be a two setter for me, but to be honest I'd much rather someone else (preferably someone that has never done 70k before) to share headliner status.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    ExtraneouS
    Petty Officer

by ExtraneouS » Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:55 pm

Monmisreal wrote:
    Downvod wrote:Just noticed on Kamelot's Instagram post about their 70,000 tons announcement... They hashtagged Arch Enemy and Nightwish. Arch Enemy was announced a few days later... Could Nightwish be one of the two remaining headliners to be announced? Naughty Kamelot

Take what we can get. At least it seems like they are actually going to play this year :lol: hopefully Andy won't have to retract the announcement again

Yeah, what happened that year? I thought I remember seeing something about them asking for more money, but I could be wrong.
    Wishlist
    Æther-Realm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amaon-Amarth-/-Amaranthe-/-Amorphis-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Annihilator-/-Arch-Enemy-/-Arkona-/-Asenblut-/-Avantasia-/-Avartarium-/-Axxis-/-Babymetal-/-Battlecross-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Be'lakor-/-Blind-Guardian-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodbound-/-Brendon-Small-/-Brymir-/-Cain's-Offering-/-Carach-Angren-/-Cattle-Decapitation-/-Children-Of-Bodom-/-Chthonic-/-Crimson-Shadows-/-Dalriada-/-Derdian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dying-Fetus-/-Edguy-/-Eluveitie-/-Ensiferum-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-Evil-Scarecrow-/-Ex-Deo-/-Fairyland-/-Falconer-/-Fallujah-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Galneryus-/-Ghost-B.C.-/-Gloryhammer-/-Goatwhore-/-God-Dethroned-/-Gojira-/-Haggard-/-Hammerfall-/-Iron-Savior-/-Kalmah-/-Kamelot-/-Lagerstein-/-Moonsorrow-/-Mors-Principium-Est-/-Nanowar-Of-Steel-/-Nightwish-/-Omnium-Gatherum-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Powerwolf-/-Rumahoy-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio-Mortis-/-Serenity-/-Skálmöld-/-Skyfire-/-Solar-Fragment-/-Steel-Panther-/-Swashbuckle-/-Symphony-X-/-The-Dread-Crew-Of-Oddwood-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Twilight-Force-/-Týr-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Valhalore-/-Van-Canto-/-Visigoth-/-Wintersun-/-Ye-Banished-Privateers
    70k2015 Survivor - 2328
    70k2016 Survivor - 7511
    70k2017 Survivor - 6523
    70k2019 - 3336
    Downvod
    Chief Petty Officer

by Downvod » Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:58 pm

ExtraneouS wrote:
    Monmisreal wrote:

Yeah, what happened that year? I thought I remember seeing something about them asking for more money, but I could be wrong.

Sounded like they had been announced before the band had officially agreed to it. Then, the band couldn't get ahold of anyone from the cruise for months and finally backed out due to frustration. That's what I gathered from what I read. Thankfully it wasn't unmendable.

• macamatic
    Petty Officer

by macamatic » Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:08 pm

Downvod wrote:
    crazemidgt wrote:Just noticed on Kamelot's Instagram post about their 70,000 tons announcement... They hashtagged Arch Enemy and Nightwish. Arch Enemy was announced a few days later... Could Nightwish be one of the two remaining headliners to be announced? Naughty Kamelot

I did see that, but I chocked that up to the close personal relationship between the two bands (Simone and Oliver are married). I can't think of a logical explanation for Nightwish being tagged except they might be playing.

Maybe they're bringing Troy to do Under Grey Skies? That would also suggest Charlotte Wessels will be there...Phantasma?

I wouldn't read too much into it just yet. Nightwish is supposed to be taking a hiatus for the entirety of 2017. If anything, ReVamp and Tarot are more likely.

As for Kamelot backing out in 2014, this interview confirms what you said: http://www.metalcovenant.com/pages/interviews/interview_kamelot2.htm
    2017: 6523 | 2018: 2546

Want: Ancient Bards, Dark Tranquillity, Deadlock, Disarmonia Mundi, In Mourning, Insomnium, Symphony X, The Unguided, Wintersun, Within Temptation
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:37 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Nightwish would definitely be a two setter for me, but to be honest I'd much rather someone else (preferably someone that has never done 70k before) to share headliner status.

Nightwish with Floor hasn't been on the boat.And Nightwish would sell out the expensive cabins so I think it is a possibility,
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    capacitator51
    Oiler

by capacitator51 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:05 pm

Warphine wrote:
    DragonLordJones wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNloyxCofts&list=PLiS4dVIPcof9YY6Bwg8lfLSdvpAljJoik

Indeed!

These two are my favorite tracks on the album:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCzho3mmpq4
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUnfsFntz4A

I highly recommend this one from their latest album as well:
    https://youtu.be/gyAEsnVM_HA

It would be amazing if they were our "D", but I doubt it.
    -|-Barren Earth-Behemoth-Devin.Townsend-Dimmu.Borgir-Enslaved-Harakiri.For.The.Sky-Hypocrisy-Ihsahn-Inquisition-Insomnium-In Vain-Kvelertak-Leprous-NeO-Oak.Pantheon-Rotting Christ-Septicflesh-Soen-Swallow.the.Sun-|-
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:40 pm

And on the seventh day did Andy rest, and to prepare himself for tomorrow's announcement, put himself into a state of DARK TRANQUILLITY
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:47 pm

after Demolition Hammer we need to bring Tiamat back!!! with more off of Wildhoney
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:10 pm

General Zod wrote:OK... so I had been rooting for Dark Tranquillity to be the "D" band announced, but after checking out a couple of tracks from Ylem, I'm rooting for Dark Fortress.

:deathhorns:

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:18 am

The lineup is really underwhelming at the moment. Amaranthe, Nile and Dying Fetus are the only definite two-setters for me so far.
    As for wishes, Draconian would be a huge announcement.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    DarthDavy
    Oiler

by DarthDavy » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:33 am

Memnoch wrote:The lineup is really underwhelming at the moment.

I agree and as I attended 2015 there isn't much to look forward too at the moment. I hope it gets better as more bands will be announced.
    70K 2015 - Cabin #8593
    70K 2016 - Cabin #7691
    70K 2017 - Cabin #7691
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

Onwards To Scandinavia

by Andy » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:52 pm

We navigated through the cold Baltic overnight and continued over land in the morning all the way to Säffle to bring you DRACONIAN! These Swedish gothic goliaths will be joining us onbroad Round 7 of 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise under the warm Caribbean sun!

“S” leads us to our next clue...

• Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

Re: Onwards To Scandinavia

by Phoenix » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:57 pm

OH DAMN

Let's see those reactions, Razor!
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-November's.Doom-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-

Save these guys for 2021, Andy.
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:06 pm

Phoenix wrote:OH DAMN

Let's see those reactions, Razor!

Great add! If I used the Razor scale for ranking, this might be the 5 for me.

I am hoping Razor doesn't let us down after he collects himself. I'm guessing he is losing his mind right now.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vektor-Vemod-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:11 pm

Another swing and a miss for me.
    ***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:11 pm

Lol the Ultimate Razor Ramon post is coming! :bangers:
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
  • Mark
    Petty Officer

by Mark » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:18 pm

Veeeery solid addition!
    Alestorm/Amaranthe/Anneke/Avantasia/Blind Guardian/Civil War/Devin Townsend/Apokalyptische Reiter/Edguy/Ensiferum/Equilibrium/Falconer/Gloryhammer/Grave Digger/Heidevolk/Korpiklaani/Omnium Gatherum/Powerwolf/Rage/Sabaton/Saxon/Therion/Trollfest/Wintersun
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:21 pm

Razor, we have a lot of expectations put on your next post :D
    Wishlist:
    Signs of life.

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:21 pm

Razor will post once he cleans himself up...

2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - It has been a blast and I will miss everyone but it is a big NOPE for me!
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:23 pm

A solid add, but still not a wishlist band for me.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:25 pm

I wasn't familiar with this band prior to their latest album, but damn that album is great.

I will catch a set or two. Very good addition.

That said, I'm still hoping for more "D"... bands! :lol:

AmelieM
    Petty Officer

by AmelieM » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:25 pm

Hahahahah! I also came here just to see his reaction... waiting!!!!
    Alestorm-/-Amon-Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Be'lakor-/-Dark-Tranquillity-/-Edguy-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Gloryhammer-/-Gojira-/-Omnium-Gatherum-/-Ophaned-Land-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Kamelot-/-Kataklysm-/-Sabaton-/-Septic-Flesh-/-Seventh-Wonder-/-Suidakra-/-Tarot-/-Therion-/-Wintersun
  • macamatic
    Petty Officer

by macamatic » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:32 pm

I figured two Scandinavian melodeath bands in a row was wishful thinking (if I'm not mistaken, we have yet to get back-to-back bands in the same subgenre). But I can still hope for Symphony X this time!
    2017: 6523 | 2018: 2546

Want: Ancient Bards, Dark Tranquillity, Deadlock, Disarmonia Mundi, In Mourning, Insomnium, Symphony X, The Unguided, Wintersun, Within Temptation
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:35 pm

While we all wait...

I hope this is Scar Symmetry, but I am convinced this next band is Sonata Arctica. Still though, having Tony Kakko on broad to sing the Pokemon theme with Powerglove makes perfect sense, and would be worth catching their set over.
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-November's.Doom-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-

acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:39 pm

If it's Saltatio Mortis, drinks are on me.

Some of the drinks, anyway.

I promise I will buy at least one drink with my own money if it's Saltatio Mortis. :chug:
    motherfucker announce some bands #FORTHWITH and let us book
    metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalmaciejmetal » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:39 pm

S is for Sacrifice
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
    Sherlock
    Oiler

by Sherlock » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:45 pm

Yes !!! Draconian ! Very nice, never had the chance to see them live. If Sonata Arctica is next I will be very happy.
    Survivor of : 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
    ANTIKRISS
    Petty Officer

by ANTIKRISS » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:48 pm

I hope they fucking disband before the cruise.
    For The Horde!
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:50 pm

Omnium Gatherum -- awesome! (Even though they'll be here in the Fall.)
    Draconian -- very solid add.

There are 12 registered users and 11 guests currently online....all waiting for Razor Ramon's reaction post. :lol:

Ville, it was a good add for you, too!

S is for SepticFlesh?

Hoping for at least SOME black-metal here eventually, too. We can haz Melechesh? :bmhorns:
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Booked!
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:05 pm

Woohoo! Thanks Andy. That's a good Skipper. :beerbang:
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:12 pm

Pellaz wrote:Hoping for at least SOME black-metal here eventually, too. We can haz Melechesh? :bmhorns:

I really want me some Melechesh, but I'm also done with 2015 repeats. I'm a little miffed that all of the 2015 repeats, aside from Amorphis, are those I evaluated to be the repeats I didn't need to see again. All the ones I WANTED again haven't been announced and probably won't be.

DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:15 pm

metalmaciejmetal wrote:S is for Sacrifice

:shred: I like the way you're thinking!
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
  • Post Reply 3266 posts