Post Reply 3266 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2017 Megathread
    cowboy71
    Commander

Re: Across The Open Sea

by cowboy71 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:52 pm

LOL - me and Razor in 100% agreement. Doesn't happen often!! :lol:

Heaps of S bands on the wishlists. Most requested:

Sabaton (ruled out), Symphony X, Sonata Arctica, Septicflesh, Savatage, Scar Symmetry, Sirenia, Skeletonwitch, Soilwork (also ruled out), Swallow The Sun, Solstafir, Suidakra
    Last edited by cowboy71 on Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:56 pm

cowboy71 wrote:LOL - me and Razor in 100% agreement. Doesn't happen often!! :lol:

Heaps of S bands on the wishlists. Most requested:

Soilwork

For book-keeping purposes - also ruled out. Touring with Accept during the cruise, much to my dismay :(
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-November's.Doom-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-

Save these guys for 2021, Andy.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:03 pm

FIXED :)

Of that list, Sonata would be a +2 for me, Sirenia a +1.

Savatage would be a 100% 'fuck it, i'm in' but that one is never gonna happen
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    lunaticjozef
    Wiper

by lunaticjozef » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:03 pm

......the long shipes are coming :roll:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:08 pm

Bad news people :P

Comparing 2017 to 2016 we find it very similar.

for 2016 the 30th band was announced on the 6th of August.

The 31st band was announced on the 2nd of October.

THE SILENCE IS UPON US!!!!

Seriously though, hopefully not. I'd hoped for a few more off my bucketlist before UMC go into hibernation.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:11 pm

Andy wrote:
    Is there still the letter “S” in the distance?

cowboy71 wrote:THE SILENCE IS UPON US!!!!

You guessed the "S" announcement!"
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

by Metaladdict187 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:24 pm

That would be cool, but I recall Satyr throwing a hissy fit on stage last time they were on the boat saying that he'd never be a part of this again.[/quote]
    Yes ,not sure what the problem was but maybe the Visa issue with Frost had something to do with it.Not sure if UMC had made a promise they couldn't keep .[/quote]

I think it was more of a spur-of-the-moment kind of rage quit... He was mad because his band got cut off from playing one last song (Fuel For Hatred) because they ran long.

I would have loved to hear Fuel For Hatred so I was bummed too. Insomnium also got cut off this year from playing their last song "One For Sorrow" and I don't recall them throwing a fit on stage about it.[/quote]

Which set did Satyr have his tantrum during??
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:08 pm

2nd Set at the Pool stage Satyr say something as "You will never see me on this ship again" ,which was 2014 on the Majesty.That means he wouldn't go against his word ,as this is a new ship :P ,but he was actually referring to the event of 70k.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

Re: Don't Run Out Of STAM1NA

by deathmetalpat » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:19 pm

Azazel101 wrote:
    deathmetalpat wrote:Strange that they will be at Heavy Montreal next week and public sales haven't started.I guess since a lot of cabins are gone ,they could start public sales next week and still manage to have some of the staff attend this. But since they are there maybe some announments during the festival.I take Inquisition , Candlemass ,Carcass ,Nightwish and Kataklysm please.

I kind of hope for Inquisition as well
    I have 4 limited edition vinyl albums from them I would like signed.
    2 bound in goat leather and 2 bound in cow leather
    I just don't want to have to travel with them

Seasons of Mist really makes some cool stuff ,already ordered the splatter vinyl and digibox of INQUISITION - BLOODSHED ACROSS THE EMPYREAN ALTAR BEYOND THE CELESTIAL ZENITH (C&P that,their titles are brutal).Those leather ones are very cool,these guys would be great ,probably at very late show but worth it.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

by Metaladdict187 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:28 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:2nd Set at the Pool stage Satyr say something as "You will never see me on this ship again" ,which was 2014 on the Majesty.That means he wouldn't go against his word ,as this is a new ship :P ,but he was actually referring to the event of 70k.
    i

Thank you. We left that set early. I always miss the controversial shit. Lol
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
    cowboy71
    Commander

Re: Don't Run Out Of STAM1NA

by cowboy71 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:40 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:Strange that they will be at Heavy Montreal next week and public sales haven't started.I guess since a lot of cabins are gone ,they could start public sales next week and still manage to have some of the staff attend this.

Yeah I just checked and what is available is now severely limited:

INTERIOR
    *Interior L - these have been marked sold-out and re-appeared so there would probably only be 1 or 2 of these available
    *Promenade PR

OCEAN VIEW
    *Large Ocean View F, double - there are only 14 of these in total

BALCONY
    *Only 4 of the 10 options still open - these do represent over 450 cabins in total though

SUITES
    *All these still an option
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Downvod
    Chief Petty Officer

by Downvod » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:55 pm

Warphine wrote:Slayer is a good possibility... we all know that Gary Holt loves the boat.. Exodus has been booked so many times...

The Araya's are also good friends with Robin Mazen (70K Merch Queen and bassist for Gruesome/Castrator/Derketa)... but who isn't? She's awesome.

I did hear that Kerry King and Tom Araya must have hated being on the Motorboat though because they flew home early after they were done playing their set so idk.

I really cannot see Slayer ever playing this cruise... Anthrax already raised some eyebrows when they were announced because they are a relatively big name for the cruise... I know they are a big 4 band, but they've lost a lot of steam. I saw them play the entire Among the Living album 10 years ago to a light crowd in a 1,500 capacity club, and now they are opening for other bands on a lot of tours (Volbeat etc.). Slayer is still selling out 4,500 capacity ballrooms on a regular basis. There isn't enough room for Kerry King's ego on the boat. I don't think you'll ever see any big 4 bands on board except for Anthrax. UMC does have to turn some sort of profit on this....
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402

Abbath-/-Aeternam-/-Aetherian-/-Aether.Realm-/-Alestorm-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-At.the.Gates-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE’LAKOR-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carach.Angren-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Cruachan-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-DEATH.ANGEL-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-De.Profundis-/-Devin.Townsend-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Emperor-/-Enslaved-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Exodus-/-Finntroll-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghost.Ship.Octavius-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Havok-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Iced.Earth-/-IHSAHN-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-In.Mourning-/-Insomnium-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-MELECHESH-/-Mgla-/-MOONSORROW-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Obscura-/-Omnium.Gatherum-/-Oni-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-SOILWORK-/-Solution.45-/-Sunburst-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-Taake-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WINTERSUN-/-Witchery-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:11 pm

Adding to the list of most-requested-S-bands, S-bands-that-have-done-70k-previously (minus those ruled out already):

Samael - 2012, 2015
    Sanctuary - 2011
    Sapiency - 2012
    Satyricon - 2014 (would they ever do it again?)
    Septicflesh - 2014
    Sinister -2013
    Sonata Arctica - 2011
    Soulfly - 2015
    Steel Engraved - 2013
    Suborned - 2015
    SWallow The Sun - 2014
    Swashbuckle - 2011, 2014
    Symphony X - 2014
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:24 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Savatage would be a 100% 'fuck it, i'm in' but that one is never gonna happen

+1

If Haggard doesn't justify me booking then Savatage definitely will.
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240

2020 Wishlist: Arafel-/-Arcturus-/-Borknagar-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-Equilibrium-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Glittertind-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Kampfar-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Moonsorrow-/-Necrophagist-/-Norther-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-Savatage-/-Skyforger-/-Solstafir-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Varg-/-Vintersorg-/-Waylander
    2021 Wishlist: Arkona
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:29 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:2nd Set at the Pool stage Satyr say something as "You will never see me on this ship again" ,which was 2014 on the Majesty.That means he wouldn't go against his word ,as this is a new ship :P ,but he was actually referring to the event of 70k.

MetalStorm.net wrote:...apparently the cruise organizers moved mountains to accommodate Satyricon so they could practice with fill-in drummer Dirk while already on the boat. So, after they played "K.I.N.G.", which I assumed was the last song anyway since their allotted time of 60 minutes was up, Satyr told the audience that "it was great for you to come out" and "you will see me around the ship" and that "this was the first and last time I will ever play on 70000 Tons Of Metal again" - what? Rumor has it that they were going to play one more song but were told no, since their time was up
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240

2020 Wishlist: Arafel-/-Arcturus-/-Borknagar-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-Equilibrium-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Glittertind-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Kampfar-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Moonsorrow-/-Necrophagist-/-Norther-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-Savatage-/-Skyforger-/-Solstafir-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Varg-/-Vintersorg-/-Waylander
    2021 Wishlist: Arkona
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:35 pm

UNLEASHED - Fuck Yeah :dreams: :givebeer: :beerhorns:

s is a hard one - so many bands :?

a lot of 2011 bands return - so Amon Amarth may be a good guess if A is used again - but I think Armored Saint would be a better add ( Oh Hell ... why not both ) :shock: :lol:
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:49 pm

The clue is quite clear that the next announcement won't be coming for a while now. "In the distance" means the same as "soon", right? :lol:

I'm guessing the next announcement comes in late October.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:06 pm

DragonLordJones wrote:UNLEASHED - Fuck Yeah :dreams: :givebeer: :beerhorns:

s is a hard one - so many bands :?

a lot of 2011 bands return - so Amon Amarth may be a good guess if A is used again - but I think Armored Saint would be a better add ( Oh Hell ... why not both ) :shock: :lol:

He did make a hint that the A's where not done yet
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:58 am

Seventh Wonder would be too good to be true, my dream announcement.

Scar Symmetry would also kick serious ass.

Symphony X would be absolutely fantastic.

And that's my top-3 wishes. If it is Sonata Arctica, make sure they play Ecliptica on its entirety on one set, then I will catch one set.
    Wishlist:
    AETERNAM--Alestorm--Allegaeon--
    Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Dark.Tranquillity--Devin.Townsend--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--DREAM.THEATER--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Freedom.call--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Helloween--IN.MOURNING--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--Kreator--Masterplan--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--Moonsorrow--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SABATON--Seven.Spires--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--SOEN--Soilwork--Stratovarius--SYMPHONY.X--TERAMAZE--_Tomorrows.Eve--Triosphere--Therion--THRESHOLD--Unisonic--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Wolfheart

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor | 2020: BOOKED
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:38 am

I don't know, based on the last time there was an "S" announcement, I'm maintaining that Scar Symmetry and Symphony X are entirely good possibilities, but that we're going to get Silverstein or something.

On an entirely different note, does anyone have a record of all the bands that have been booked on 70k (and Barge) before? The site isn't showing previous years' lineups, and I wanted to see. For science.
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-November's.Doom-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-

Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:44 am

The previous lineups are on the 70k main page. More > History.

http://70000tons.com/history/
    http://bargetohell.com/artists.htm
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:52 am

Memnoch wrote:The previous lineups are on the 70k main page. More > History.

http://70000tons.com/history/
    http://bargetohell.com/artists.htm

Ah, cheers! I'd seen the lineups previously under artists and got confused. Figured maybe they went the way of the forums and were a mostly hidden section of the website.

• macamatic
    Petty Officer

by macamatic » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:10 am

Phoenix wrote:I don't know, based on the last time there was an "S" announcement, I'm maintaining that Scar Symmetry and Symphony X are entirely good possibilities, but that we're going to get Silverstein or something.

On an entirely different note, does anyone have a record of all the bands that have been booked on 70k (and Barge) before? The site isn't showing previous years' lineups, and I wanted to see. For science.

After the last few S announcements I'm just going to assume it's someone I don't care about. I got hyped for Symphony X and it was Stuck Mojo. I got hyped again and it was Saltatio Mortis. I got super hyped after the "progress" clue and it was Stam1na.

We've gotten a lot of heavy stuff lately - I wouldn't expect it to be another thrash/death band. But who knows... at this point even Suicide Silence wouldn't surprise me.
    2017: 6523 | 2018: 2546

Want: Ancient Bards, Dark Tranquillity, Deadlock, Disarmonia Mundi, In Mourning, Insomnium, Symphony X, The Unguided, Wintersun, Within Temptation
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:22 am

cowboy71 wrote:Adding to the list of most-requested-S-bands, S-bands-that-have-done-70k-previously (minus those ruled out already):

Samael - 2012, 2015

Samael was on in 2016, not 2015. They would be ruled out by the unwritten repeat rule.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

UltimoAviso
    Petty Officer

by UltimoAviso » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:49 am

striker or sonata are my guesses. guess ill find out in october now! :lol:
    http://www.helionprimemetal.com/ <-My Band

70K:
    2016-7211
    2017-9230
    2018-1690
    2019-7648
    Wacken:
    Progpower:

Wish:Skull Fist-Striker-*Grim Reaper*-Manowar-Running Wild(and i book immediately)
  • Thrashmania
    Crewman

by Thrashmania » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:58 am

"Distance" --- Storm in the Distance? Stormwarrior? WHO KNOWS! Andy doesn't.
    70k 2012, Barge 2012, 70k 2015, 70k 2016, 70k 2017
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:49 pm

Unleashed....cool!

There are a lot of "S" bands that would make me pretty happy. SepticFlesh, Symphony X, the unlikely Satyricon (damnit), Sonata Arctica, Savatage (yeah, right), Scar Symmetry, Sirenia, Skeletonwitch and Suidakra would be solid 3s or 4s.

I didn't list Slayer because I DO find them unlikely, BUT someone mentioned "giving every survivor a chance to book before....."
    Now, I'm not sure if UMC has sent reminder emails before, but my buddy Rafael got a reminder email from them about booking, since he hasn't used his booking code (he's booked with me). Has UMC done this before? Doesn't seem like there would have been time before Silver sales and public sales in past years.....
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
    2019: Booked!
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:52 pm

Pellaz wrote:Now, I'm not sure if UMC has sent reminder emails before, but my buddy Rafael got a reminder email from them about booking, since he hasn't used his booking code (he's booked with me). Has UMC done this before?

I think I got one last year, actually.

DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:47 am

seeing as Death Angel is out on tour with Anthrax and Slayer ... could the S clue be Slayer .... they did do Motorboat with Anthrax and seeing there isn't a Motorboat did Andy sway them on broad ............ :shock: :beerhorns:
    Downvod
    Chief Petty Officer

by Downvod » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:50 am

DragonLordJones wrote:seeing as Death Angel is out on tour with Anthrax and Slayer ... could the S clue be Slayer .... they did do Motorboat with Anthrax and seeing there isn't a Motorboat did Andy sway them on broad ............ :shock: :beerhorns:

Yeah, but there was what, 15 known bands on the motorboat? Slayer would demand a very significant chunk of the band budget, and I can't see how it'd be possible with the amount of big names we already have. Again, I'd be really surprised to ever see Slayer on this cruise.
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402

Abbath-/-Aeternam-/-Aetherian-/-Aether.Realm-/-Alestorm-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-At.the.Gates-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE’LAKOR-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carach.Angren-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Cruachan-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-DEATH.ANGEL-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-De.Profundis-/-Devin.Townsend-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Emperor-/-Enslaved-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Exodus-/-Finntroll-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghost.Ship.Octavius-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Havok-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Iced.Earth-/-IHSAHN-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-In.Mourning-/-Insomnium-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-MELECHESH-/-Mgla-/-MOONSORROW-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Obscura-/-Omnium.Gatherum-/-Oni-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-SOILWORK-/-Solution.45-/-Sunburst-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-Taake-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WINTERSUN-/-Witchery-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

Into Calmer Waters

by Andy » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:50 am

Read through the Codex Atlanticus as we welcome SERENITY onbroad 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise!

"O" was inscribed on the back cover of the codex... what could this mean?

• meshuggah
    Ensign

Re: Into Calmer Waters

by meshuggah » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:02 am

Please be OPETH
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:08 am

Wow, we're still going?!

I'm seriously amazed.

But Serenity? A big ol' we don't care what you say, FUCK YOU, as Overkill would say... who, incidentally, I would be happy with next...

acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:15 am

If the next band is Orden Ogan, I will buy Jess another rum.
    2020 Wishlist: Boat, friends, bands, karaoke, hot, Sorrentos, Windjammer, coffee, Satan, love, alcohol.
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:16 am

acidbasement wrote:If the next band is Orden Ogan, I will buy Jess another rum.

:lol: If that's what we get next, I know that 1) Andy is hoping to get Statsman to book, 2) Andy is trying to make sure I get drunk a lot.

I'm ok with both of these things.

mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:17 am

The O better be AMON AMARTH!!!! If not...Overkill!!!

BTW...never heard of Serenity but they sound cool!
    Last edited by mbob on Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
    2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - It has been a blast and I will miss everyone but it is a big NOPE for me!
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:17 am

If it is Obituary,he should have did that right after The Last Will and Testament,thinking Ovekill ,really hoping for Opeth.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:19 am

Oh yeah, someone on Facebook reminded me, maybe it's Origin, back for another pillow fight?

General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:23 am

I saw Serenity at ProgPower:

***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:24 am

General Zod wrote:I saw Serenity at ProgPower...

:lol:

Post Reply 3266 posts