Post Reply 3266 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2017 Megathread
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

Re: Into Calmer Waters

by Sgt. B » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:26 am

Hoping for Obituary, Opeth or Overkill for the next band. Not expecting any of them.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vektor-Vemod-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:27 am

Omen
    Overkill
    Obituary
    Onslaught
    Orange Goblin

Just a few I wouldn't mind on the O clue :cheers:
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:32 am

Another dud... but that's okay because the previous two announcements were awesome.

Lots of great "O" bands out there... /excite
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:49 am

Someone just pointed out on fb that the wording of the clue points to Orden Ogan. Plus, one of their members just liked the 70k page.

So, with a sample size of two (Saltatio Mortis earlier), if I offer to buy someone a drink, my wishlist band gets announced. What shall I do with this power?

More importantly, what will you do, knowing that I have this power?
    motherfucker announce some bands #FORTHWITH and let us book
    captaingabbeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by captaingabbeh » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:53 am

acidbasement wrote:Someone just pointed out on fb that the wording of the clue points to Orden Ogan. Plus, one of their members just liked the 70k page.

So, with a sample size of two (Saltatio Mortis earlier), if I offer to buy someone a drink, my wishlist band gets announced. What shall I do with this power?

The obvious answer is that you should buy us all drinks. Which reminds me, did you end up getting me that drink you said you were gonna get at NeO?

2015-2018,
    Goth Cruise 2019

Wishlist: Myrath-Skindred-Rotting Christ-Amorphis-Hypocrisy-Demons & Wizards-3TEETH-Emperor-Psyclon Nine-Ihsahn-Batushka-Anaal Nathrakh-Epica-Aeternam-Nightwish-Starkill-Primordial-Zeal & Ardor-Powerwolf
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:53 am

acidbasement wrote:Someone just pointed out on fb that the wording of the clue points to Orden Ogan. Plus, one of their members just liked the 70k page.

I'll remind you that we previously had an "S" clue that pointed to Symphony X and/or Scar Symmetry... and then Andy announced Stam1na. Don't count your chickens before they hatch :P

Though I mean, if all it takes is asking you to buy me a drink, how about a round for Metsatoll?
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-November's.Doom-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-

Save these guys for 2021, Andy.
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:13 am

captaingabbeh wrote:
    The obvious answer is that you should buy us all drinks. Which reminds me, did you end up getting me that drink you said you were gonna get at NeO?

You mean you don't remember every detail about that night? :chug: :whisky: :party: :belly: :smash: :shots: :bangers:
    Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer

by Hoppy McGee » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:14 am

Another band I have zero interest in....but that's OK because the last two announcements were fucking amazing!

Seeing as how we are in desperate need of black metal on this boat....I am really hoping that the "O" is pointing to Obesquiae

I would also accept Obituary, Onslaught, Once Human, Overkill, Orange Goblin or Opeth (as long as they play some of the older stuff too).
    70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
    MY.LITTLE.WISHLIST_____**CAPS=MOST.WANTED**
    /-3.Inches.of.Blood.(Reunion)-/1914-/-ABBATH-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-Abysmal.Dawn-/-Aether.Realm-/-Alkaloid-/-ALLEGAEON-/-Anciients-/-AMON.AMARTH-/-Amorphis-/-ARCHSPIRE-/-Armored.Saint-/-Ash.Borer-/Asphyx-/-AT.THE.GATES-/-AUTOPSY-/-Barren.Earth-/-Battlelore-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Benighted-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Earth-/-Black.Fast-/-Blood.Incantation-/-Bloodhunter-/-Bolt.Thrower,(wishful.thinking)-/-Bölzer-/-Borknagar-/-Brymir-/-Cancer-/-Cannabis.Corpse-/-CARCASS-/-CATTLE.DECAPITATION-/-Cloak-/-Coffins-/-Cormorant-/Corrosion.of.Conformity-/-Craven.Idol-/-Crypt.Sermon-/-Critical.Mess-/-Cut.Up-/-Dark.Angel-/-DARK.FORTRESS-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-DAWN.OF.DISEASE-/-Daylight.Dies-/-Dead.Congregation-/-Damnation.Defaced-/-Death.Angel-/-Decapitated-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Demonical-/-Demons.and.Wizards-/-Desaster-/-Deserted.Fear-/-DESTROYER.666-/-Desultory.(more.wishful.thinking)/-DISMEMBER.(wishful.thinking.that's.actually.possible.now!!!)-/-Draconian-/-Drakwald-/-Dying.Fetus-/-Dyscarnate-/-Emperor-/-Enforcer-/-Entombed-/-Entrails-/-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-/-Feral-/-FINNTROLL-/-Firespawn-/-Flotsam.&.Jetsam-/-GHOUL-/-Goatwhore-/-GOJIRA-/-Gorguts-/-Gorod-/-Grand.Magus-/-Grave-/-Grave.Miasma-/-Graveworm-/-Gruesome-/-Gutter.Instinct-/-Hallatar-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Hate.Eternal-/-Hatesphere-/-Hath-/-Haunt-/-Hellbringer-/-High.on.Fire-/-Hooded.Menace-/-HORRENDOUS-/-Horrified-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Ihsahn-/-Immolation-/-Inanimate.Existence-/-Insomnium-/-Jungle.Rot-/-Kadaver-/-Kaoteon-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Khemmis-/-King.Goat-/-King.of.Asgard-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-LEGION.OF.THE.DAMNED-/-LIK-/-Lucifer's.Child-/-Magic.Circle-/-Magoth-/-Mammoth.Grinder-/-Master-/-Mastodon-/-MGLA-/-Miasmal-/-MIDNIGHT-/-MISERY.INDEX-/-Moonspell-/-Morta.Skuld-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Necrophobic-/-Necrot-/-Nuclear.Assault-/-Okkultist-/-Orange.Goblin-/-Ossuarium-/-Outre.Tomb-/-Phlebotomized-/-Power.Trip-/-Powerwolf-/-PRIMORDIAL-/-Profanal-/-Protector-/-Psycroptic-/-Replacaire-/-Revocation-/-Ripper-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Ruby.the.Hatchet-/-Sacred.Monster-/-Sacrifice-/-SATAN-/-Satyricon-/-Skálmöld-/-Skeletal.Remains-/-SOEN-/-Suffocation-/-Sulphur-/-SULPHUR.AEON-/-Taake-/-TANKARD-/-Tau.Cross-/-Temple.of.Void-/-Terrorizer-/-Testament-/-The.Crown-/-The.Lurking.Fear-/-The.Wretched.End-/-THULCANDRA-/-Thyrfing-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tribulation-/-Uada-/-Unleashed-/-VADER-/-Vampire-/-Vanum-/-Vektor-/-Venom.Inc.-/-Vesperia-/-Vredehammer-/-Watain-/-Xentrix/{white=booked}/{red=ruled.out}
  • CFH
    Crewman

by CFH » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:08 pm

Serenity - never heard of them. Listened a couple of their songs on Youtube and... pass. I'll have one dose of Origin next please.
    stoverkill
    Midshipman

by stoverkill » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:44 pm

Onslaught
    Overkill
    Obituary
    Over the Coals
    :shred:
    SURVIVOR:
    70K1 | 70K2 | BTH | 70K3 | 70K4 | 70K5 | 70K6 | 70K7 | 70K8 | 70K9

WISH LIST: Dust Bolt | Toxic Holocaust | Lich King | Violator | Bewitcher | Haunt | Hellfire | Nuclear Assault | Xentrix | Hatchet | Power Trip | Terrifier
    alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:50 pm

captaingabbeh wrote:

Lol
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:12 pm

SERENITY
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Liv-Kristine-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Asphyx-/-Wintersun-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Hanging-Garden-/-Tyranny-/-The-Foreshadowing-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Saturnus-/-Noumena-/-Blackthorn-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-Inactive-Messiah-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Saor-/-Process-Of-Guilt-/-Dark-Fortress-/-Orphaned-Land-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Novembers-Doom-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Numenorean-/-Clouds-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Oranssi-Pazuzu-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    captaingabbeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by captaingabbeh » Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:14 pm

acidbasement wrote:
    captaingabbeh wrote:

You mean you don't remember every detail about that night? :chug: :whisky: :party: :belly: :smash: :shots: :bangers:

Ha!

To be fair, whichever way you answer, I'm pretty sure I can't dispute it...

2015-2018,
    Goth Cruise 2019

Wishlist: Myrath-Skindred-Rotting Christ-Amorphis-Hypocrisy-Demons & Wizards-3TEETH-Emperor-Psyclon Nine-Ihsahn-Batushka-Anaal Nathrakh-Epica-Aeternam-Nightwish-Starkill-Primordial-Zeal & Ardor-Powerwolf
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:24 pm

captaingabbeh wrote:
    acidbasement wrote:
    captaingabbeh wrote:

Ha!

To be fair, whichever way you answer, I'm pretty sure I can't dispute it...

I left four Warthogs in your fridge. Maybe Alex drank them all by the time you woke up though.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:06 pm

Tried to get into Serenity but they've never hooked me.

Might be a band like Visions of Atlantis - found their recorded work a little bland but live they blew me away on 70K this year. Having that hook, I've subsequently gone back to their CDs and enjoy them more.

O - damn if that turns out to be Orden Ogan.....BOOM!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:24 pm

Orden Ogan would be cool
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:27 pm

cowboy71 wrote:O - damn if that turns out to be Orden Ogan.....BOOM!

I was really psyched to see Orden Ogan at ProgPower, but found their set underwhelming. They weren't very tight musically and were lower energy than I was anticipating. On a typical tour date I'd be willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. But given how excited they were about PP and how psyched they were to be performing in the U.S. for the first time, I'm left believing they're just not a great live act. If they are in fact announced, I'll hope I'm wrong.
    ***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:33 pm

Sgt. B wrote:
    General Zod wrote:I saw Serenity at ProgPower...

:lol:

:lol: :lol: I had to cancel that year. It couldnt have been as bad as the Circus Maximus set a few years back. That was one of the worst concert experiences in my entire life. I dont think ive ever seen that many people sleeping or looking soo bored.
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:02 pm

Okay was going to ask about Serenity but the question appears answered :D Got though 2 1/2 songs of their latest album on Apple Music and thought it was the most generic sounding genre band ever. Had to switch to a couple of Satyricon songs off of Age of Nero just to remember was music sounds like .
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    Yippee38
    Crewman

by Yippee38 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:06 pm

Monmisreal wrote:
    Sgt. B wrote:

:lol: :lol: I had to cancel that year. It couldnt have been as bad as the Circus Maximus set a few years back. That was one of the worst concert experiences in my entire life. I dont think ive ever seen that many people sleeping or looking soo bored.

Citrus Maximus is one of those bands that are really loved at PPUSA, but mostly because they're fun to party with. Highly overrated IMO.

I'm hoping for a good O band. No more "light metal" please.
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:09 pm

Yippee38 wrote:
    Monmisreal wrote:
    Sgt. B wrote:

Citrus Maximus is one of those bands that are really loved at PPUSA, but mostly because they're fun to party with. Highly overrated IMO.

I'm hoping for a good O band. No more "light metal" please.

Yea, I enjoyed the Isolate album but that was really about it. -CM +Myrath for PPUSA repeats haha.
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:36 am

More meh bands. The only good thing about Serenity being booked is that we now have the lesser vocalist of Phantasma onbroad.

Maybe the next one is a bit better. Oracles?
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:38 am

My only "O"s remaining for the year are
    Overkill
    and OLD MANS CHILD and I am pretty sure their is no chance in hell for that
    so on with the Thrash Assault and bring back Overkill and that "Are we done with "A" "and Atrophy
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    CaughtInAWeb
    Oiler

by CaughtInAWeb » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:45 am

meshuggah wrote:Please be OPETH

I second that.

We need Opeth onbroad!
    2016: 8231
    2017: 9263
    2018: 9323
    2019: 2313
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:56 am

Would love the "O" announcement to be:

Ov Hell... almost no chance.
    October Falls... zero chance.
    Orange Goblin... almost no chance.
    Old Man's Child... almost no chance.
    ***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine
    slayergeek
    Chief Petty Officer

by slayergeek » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:01 am

General Zod wrote:Would love the "O" announcement to be:

Ov Hell... almost no chance.
    October Falls... zero chance.
    Orange Goblin... almost no chance.
    Old Man's Child... almost no chance.

Disappointed, because I would love to see Old Man's Child, let's see what Andy announces. Hopefully we will see you something today, or Tuesday at the latest, after a heavy Montreal recovery.
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,See_You_In_2019

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    • iPhone Version-https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/70k-bands/id958759290?mt=8
    • Android Version-https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Bands70k

WishList
    • The_Crown-/-Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/-Violence-/
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:44 am

Serenity is an OK announcement, I'll try to catch at least one set. As for the next one, it seems to me that the clue is clearly pointing to Obituary ("last page" could be kind of a metaphor). I don't care about them, I'd prefer Overkill or Orden Ogan.
    Wishlist:
    Signs of life.

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor
    mikijonas
    Crewman

by mikijonas » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:16 pm

Love SERENITY!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess we, power metal lovers, are outnumbered in the forum...
    Make love, not war... and while you are at it, listen to metal!

2012 - Survivor (Don´t remember)
    2015 - 9561
    2016 - 6500
    2017 - 9561
    captaingabbeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by captaingabbeh » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:36 pm

acidbasement wrote:
    I left four Warthogs in your fridge. Maybe Alex drank them all by the time you woke up though.

That was you! I think there are one or two left :D. I think now I might owe you a drink...

2015-2018,
    Goth Cruise 2019

Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:11 pm

I'll probably drop by and catch part of Serenity's set if I'm feeling....serene. :lol:

LOTS of good possibilities for an "O" band.

Bands I'd love but are (I suspect) kinda unlikely: Old Man's Child, Opeth (older material plz)

Bands I'd like...and who are more likely: Obsequiae, Obituary, Overkill, Orange Goblin, Origin
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
    2015: Survivor
    2019: Booked!
    spooky
    Petty Officer

by spooky » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:24 am

CaughtInAWeb wrote:
    meshuggah wrote:Please be OPETH

I second that.

We need Opeth onbroad!

...i third the hell out of that!! :death:
    2019: Survivor
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:38 pm

mikijonas wrote:Love SERENITY!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess we, power metal lovers, are outnumbered in the forum...

I don't think we are, to be fair.

I think a lot of power metal lovers find Serenity a bit too bland and generic.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:39 pm

cowboy71 wrote:I think a lot of power metal lovers find Serenity a bit too bland and generic.

This.

I love power metal; Brainstorm, Primal Fear, Iron Savior, Diviner, etc. Bands who kick your ass, not bands who gently caress your face with their velvet gloves.
    biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:30 pm

Being the big death/thrash fan I am I think Serenity is the weenie band I am most excited to see, that has been booked in the last several cruises. I think they're pretty awesome (2 very nerdy songs in, granted).

I usually stop in to see a song or two from all the weenie bands and even if they're not my cup of tea they're usually pretty good at weenie anyways. If that makes sense. :lol:

I would freak out if we got Old Mans Child!! But I have a feeling it will be Obituary to add to the big death metal party already going on. Orange Goblin would be wicked too, since there's a lack of doom.
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:19 am

biertroll wrote:Being the big death/thrash fan I am I think Serenity is the weenie band I am most excited to see, that has been booked in the last several cruises. I think they're pretty awesome (2 very nerdy songs in, granted).

I usually stop in to see a song or two from all the weenie bands and even if they're not my cup of tea they're usually pretty good at weenie anyways. If that makes sense. :lol:

love Love LOVE your attitude :3drunks:

Its a pleasant change from the ALL THIS WEENIE CRAP IS CRAP AND STUFF BECAUSE I'M BR00TAL AND STUFF! attitude of others :deathmetal: :death: :shred: :metalguy:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:57 am

And now it's the weenies complaining how this is the wrong kind of weenie. :P

So far we have five brutal bands (Dying Fetus, Nile, Revocation (sort of), Suffocation and Unleashed), more than ten weenie bands and the rest are semi-weenies (which is practically the same as weenie). So if we're to balance the lineup on the weenie/brutal scale, we need some proper brutal stuff.

My prediction for the next announcement:
    a) it's a "brutal" band that gets the "weenies" complaining and saying "hopefully this'll shut up the br00tals"
    b) it's a "weenie" band that gets the "brutals" complaining and saying "hopefully this'll shut up the weenies"
    c) it's a band no-one has heard of and everyone complains.

Personally, I'm hoping it's c.
    Wishlist:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:03 am

Memnoch wrote:b) it's a "weenie" band that gets the "brutals" complaining and saying "hopefully this'll shut up the weenies"

Actually I don't think the brutals are ever that polite, are they?

There is never any "hopefully this'll shut up the weenies" - the brutals just complain :P

:lol:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:13 am

Four whishlist bands (Draconian, Saltatio Mortis, Xandria and Serenity) and one that should have been on my wishlist (Moonsorrow) during my vacation is pretty good :wank:
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Einherjer-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Ihsahn-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Abinchova-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Elvenking-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Grave.Digger-/-Haggard-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Izegrim-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kivimetsän.Druidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Orphaned.Land-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-SuidAkrA-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-Tengger.Cavalry-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-U.D.O.-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Wintersun-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:55 am

cowboy71 wrote:Actually I don't think the brutals are ever that polite, are they?

There is never any "hopefully this'll shut up the weenies" - the brutals just complain

Seems the br00tals in the facebook groups are complaining about any and all announcements, unless it's Slayer (probably still would). The weenies complain about the complaining. And about the wrong weenie bands. And about the brutal bands. But, yes, the br00tals still do complain more.

We need more girlie bands. Seems everyone complains about them (which is no news), but at least they make some cruisers (umm... you, me and Einar :lol: ) happy.
    Wishlist:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:44 am

Memnoch wrote:We need more girlie bands. Seems everyone complains about them (which is no news), but at least they make some cruisers (umm... you, me and Einar :lol: ) happy.

Damn right! It's all about US!!! :D :D :D

Forum needs a girlie band icon....

Oh well, this will have to do:

:boobs: :boobs: :boobs: :boobs:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
Post Reply 3266 posts