Post Reply 3265 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2017 Megathread
    Shadow Son
    Petty Officer

Re: The Epidemic Is Reborn On 70000TONS OF METAL

by Shadow Son » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:48 am

Phoenix wrote:And here we see the metalheads in their natural habitat, having a discussion about the subgenres of their favourite type of music. Though they know deep within their hearts the debate is largely pointless as it could continue into oblivion, still they persevere, trying desperately to prove that they themselves, as fans of a few particular subgenres, are most screwed for the coming cruise.

Bwahahaha that made my day. :lol:
    2015: Survivor: Cabin 9321
    2016: Survivor: Cabin 8455
    2017:
    ABANDONED SHIP!
    2018: Survivor: Cabin 1688
    2019:
    ABANDONED SHIP!
    2020: ABANDONED SHIP!
  • macamatic
    Petty Officer

by macamatic » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:34 am

Phoenix wrote:And here we see the metalheads in their natural habitat, having a discussion about the subgenres of their favourite type of music. Though they know deep within their hearts the debate is largely pointless as it could continue into oblivion, still they persevere, trying desperately to prove that they themselves, as fans of a few particular subgenres, are most screwed for the coming cruise.

2017: 6523 | 2018: 2546

Want: Ancient Bards, Dark Tranquillity, Deadlock, Disarmonia Mundi, In Mourning, Insomnium, Symphony X, The Unguided, Wintersun, Within Temptation
    Jephi
    Oiler

by Jephi » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:35 am

--- friendly FYI ---

If someone refers to "old school" death metal as a subgenre of death metal, there are talking about an actual style of metal - not all bands who made death metal during a certain time period.

Yes, it is confusing and could use a name change. My suggestion: Super Crunch Death Metal :lol:
    2012 * BTH * 2015 * 2016 * 2017 * 2020
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

Black Waves Over The North Atlantic

by Andy » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:39 am

Please welcome Norwegian kvlt masters VREID on board 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise!

PUBLIC SALES for Round 7 of 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise will start on Tuesday August 16, 2016 at 3PM EDT / 9PM CEST.

Next, something beginning with the letter “M”…

• Phoenix
    Lieutenant

Re: Black Waves Over The North Atlantic

by Phoenix » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:49 am

MUST. NOT. GET. HOPES. UP.

But boy, you know what else is the beginning? ... Death...

(Mors Principium Est = Death is the beginning.)

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:02 pm

Vreid is decent! I like this.

YES, Mors Principium Est for M please!
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
  • macamatic
    Petty Officer

by macamatic » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:22 pm

And at last, black metal makes an appearance. Or melodic black metal, if MA is to be believed.

Jephi wrote:--- friendly FYI ---

If someone refers to "old school" death metal as a subgenre of death metal, there are talking about an actual style of metal - not all bands who made death metal during a certain time period.

Yes, it is confusing and could use a name change. My suggestion: Super Crunch Death Metal :lol:

Is there any reason we can't just call it traditional death metal? I've always understood that to be an acceptable way of saying "death metal, but not a death metal subgenre."

I want so badly for it to be MPE, but I refuse to get my hopes up, especially since it will presumably be the last announcement before public sales and I would expect it to be someone huge. Either that, or it will come sooner than expected so Andy can announce Amon Amarth tomorrow. ;)

EDIT: Since Metallica and Megadeth are probably out, Mastodon would make sense.
    Last edited by macamatic on Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want: Ancient Bards, Dark Tranquillity, Deadlock, Disarmonia Mundi, In Mourning, Insomnium, Symphony X, The Unguided, Wintersun, Within Temptation
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:26 pm

I'm trying so hard not to get my hopes up but it's not working. 70k liked Stained Class's comment on the Vreid announcement, "Mors Principium Est and the rest of the lineup could be deathcore for all I care."

I'm dying.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:27 pm

I totally get what you are saying but...

MPE is a way bigger draw than Amon Amarth for me. As far as I know, MPE has never played the States. You can't say that for AA.

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer

by Hoppy McGee » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:31 pm

Finally some black metal. Vreid is a solid announcement for sure. :D

Now how about we keep the black metal coming and give us Mgla next. :beerbang:

Mors Principium Est would also make me happy (and a whole lot of others here as well).
    70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
    MY.LITTLE.WISHLIST_____**CAPS=MOST.WANTED**
    /-3.Inches.of.Blood.(Reunion)-/1914-/-ABBATH-/-Abysmal.Dawn-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMON.AMARTH-/-Amorphis-/-ARCHSPIRE-/-Armored.Saint-/-Asphyx-/-At.the.Gates-/-AUTOPSY-/-Battlelore-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Fast-/-Bölzer-/-CARCASS-/-CATTLE.DECAPITATION-/-Cloak-/-Craven.Idol-/-Crypt.Sermon-/-Critical.Mess-/-DARK.FORTRESS-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Demonical-/-Desaster-/-Deserted.Fear-/-DESTROYER.666-/-DISMEMBER-/-Draconian-/-Drakwald-/-DYING.FETUS-/-Dyscarnate-/-Gatecreeper-/-Finntroll-/-GHOUL-/-Goatwhore-/-GOJIRA-/-Gorod-/-Grave-/-Gruesome-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Hath-/-High.on.Fire-/-Hooded.Menace-/-HORRENDOUS-/-Horrified-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Immolation-/-Inanimate.Existence-/-Insomnium-/-Jungle.Rot-/-Kaoteon-/-Katatonia-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Khemmis-/-King.Goat-/-King.of.Asgard-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-LEGION.OF.THE.DAMNED-/-LIK-/-Magic.Circle-/-Mammoth.Grinder-/-Master-/-Mastodon-/-MGLA-/-MIDNIGHT-/-MISERY.INDEX-/-Moonspell-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Necrophobic-/-Necrot-/-Okkultist-/-Orange.Goblin-/-Ossuarium-/-Outre.Tomb-/-Possessed-/-Powerwolf-/-PRIMORDIAL-/-Protector-/-Psycroptic-/-Revocation-/-Ripper-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Ruby.the.Hatchet-/-Sacred.Monster-/-SATAN-/-Skálmöld-/-Skeletal.Remains-/-SOEN-/-SULPHUR.AEON-/-Taake-/-TANKARD-/-Temple.of.Void-/-Testament-/-The.Crown-/-THULCANDRA-/-Thyrfing-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tribulation-/-Uada-/-Unleashed-/-VADER-/-Venom.Inc.-/-Watain-/-Xentrix/{white=booked}/{red=ruled.out}
  • macamatic
    Petty Officer

by macamatic » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:34 pm

Warphine wrote:I totally get what you are saying but...

MPE is a way bigger draw than Amon Amarth for me. As far as I know, MPE has never played the States. You can't say that for AA.

I wouldn't consider you a representative sample of the non-Survivor public. For one thing, you're a Survivor. For another, you're probably already booked. But really you've already made my point yourself. Amon Amarth is way, way, way more popular. I'm talking 1.3 million Facebook likes vs. 30,000. 380,000 monthly Spotify listeners vs. 15,000. If even 10% of the Amon Amarth fans out there haven't seen the band live, that's probably a bigger audience than all of MPE's fans.

I'm just being realistic here. I'd take MPE over AA 10/10 times. But if Andy's going to drop a bomb to kick off public sales, AA makes far more sense than MPE. I don't actually know that he will, but others on here seem to think so, and I'm deferring to their experience.

• deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:34 pm

Yippee38 wrote:I don't think it fits the clue, but I'd love for this next band to be Vreid.

It's time for some black metal.

For The Win! :bmhorns:
    Now I have to read though the Epic discussion on this thread,you go away a couple of days and a genre debate rages lol.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:38 pm

macamatic wrote:I'm just being realistic here. I'd take MPE over AA 10/10 times. But if Andy's going to drop a bomb to kick off public sales, AA makes far more sense than MPE. I don't actually know that he will, but others on here seem to think so, and I'm deferring to their experience.

Andy's given metal fans in general some pretty tasty stuff, and he's teased Amon Amarth REAL hard. MPE is among the highest requested band, being the highest M band by far (by memory, I might be wrong). I totally agree with you here, but given we know what it starts with, and with MPE being one of the primo MDM bands active now (up for debate but the forums sure are going mad), they seem likely. It's possible he saw us forumites going mad over them at the last M and is giving us this, then Amon Amarth right after.

I'm basically going to go gaga until someone can come up with another suggestion that fits this clue. Even though I'm still trying to subdue my hopes.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:46 pm

macamatic wrote:I wouldn't consider you a representative sample of the non-Survivor public. For one thing, you're a Survivor. For another, you're probably already booked. But really you've already made my point yourself. Amon Amarth is way, way, way more popular. I'm talking 1.3 million Facebook likes vs. 30,000. 380,000 monthly Spotify listeners vs. 15,000. If even 10% of the Amon Amarth fans out there haven't seen the band live, that's probably a bigger audience than all of MPE's fans.

I'm just being realistic here. I'd take MPE over AA 10/10 times. But if Andy's going to drop a bomb to kick off public sales, AA makes far more sense than MPE. I don't actually know that he will, but others on here seem to think so, and I'm deferring to their experience.

BTW, I'm not disagreeing with you.

AA is way more popular, but they also tour all the time. I became a Survivor due to announcements of bands that I would otherwise never get to see, not the usual stuff I can see through normal touring rotations.

Regardless, announcing a popular band like AA would definitely lead to more people checking out the cruise and that makes it worth it for UMC obviously.

• macamatic
    Petty Officer

by macamatic » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:51 pm

Phoenix wrote:
    macamatic wrote:I'm just being realistic here. I'd take MPE over AA 10/10 times. But if Andy's going to drop a bomb to kick off public sales, AA makes far more sense than MPE. I don't actually know that he will, but others on here seem to think so, and I'm deferring to their experience.

Andy's given metal fans in general some pretty tasty stuff, and he's teased Amon Amarth REAL hard. MPE is among the highest requested band, being the highest M band by far (by memory, I might be wrong). I totally agree with you here, but given we know what it starts with, and with MPE being one of the primo MDM bands active now (up for debate but the forums sure are going mad), they seem likely. It's possible he saw us forumites going mad over them at the last M and is giving us this, then Amon Amarth right after.

I'm basically going to go gaga until someone can come up with another suggestion that fits this clue. Even though I'm still trying to subdue my hopes.

I feel like we're getting off track here. I was speculating that if it were MPE, he'd announce it later tonight or something rather than making it the last announcement before public sales, in which case I'd expect something like Mastodon or Machine Head. I'm certainly not guessing that the M is Amon Amarth. :P

I refuse to read anything into "beginning with M," but I can't ignore the Facebook comment. Suddenly, MPE tonight and a big name like AA tomorrow seems pretty likely. On the other hand, call me cynical, but it's also likely that UMC is trolling us yet again and will announce someone else entirely tomorrow.

• Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:54 pm

You never know, Mamon Amarth could return :lol:

The forums are basically just going to be an MPE hype train until he goes ahead and announces Memphis May Fire or something like that.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:03 pm

Vreid.....cool. Kinda didn't see that coming. :bmhorns:

Phoenix wrote:You never know, Mamon Amarth could return :lol:

The forums are basically just going to be an MPE hype train until he goes ahead and announces Memphis May Fire or something like that.

Urk. I just threw up in my mouth a little.

I'd love love LOVE it to be MPE, but if it's the last announcement before public sales, I'm expecting Mastodon.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:06 pm

I'd be alright with Mastodon if it meant that I had a chance to buy their sweet Game of Thrones themed shirt on the boat.

General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:06 pm

Love the Vreid announcement.

There are so many strong bands that begin with "M", that it's impossible to guess, especially absent a clue. Would love Mgla, Mantar or Marduk.
    ***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine
  • biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:34 pm

Vried is pretty awesome, I will have to check out more of their stuff.

I'm in for this MPE band.

Please no Mastodon.
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:36 pm

With Amon Amarth touring with Megadeth in the States next month that may prevent Andy from announcing them at this time if he has them booked. Now if the M band is Metal Church then in the immortal words of Emily Litella..."never mind"!
    2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

2025 - Maybe time to come out of 70K retirement!
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:37 pm

Mors Principium Est, please!!
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
  • Mark
    Petty Officer

by Mark » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:38 pm

Never heard of Vreid tbh but really like the few songs I've listened to so far.
    I find it REALLY hard to enjoy Black Metal live though, so I'll have to see how that works out for me this time ;)
    Alestorm/Amaranthe/Anneke/Avantasia/Blind Guardian/Civil War/Devin Townsend/Apokalyptische Reiter/Edguy/Ensiferum/Equilibrium/Falconer/Gloryhammer/Grave Digger/Heidevolk/Korpiklaani/Omnium Gatherum/Powerwolf/Rage/Sabaton/Saxon/Therion/Trollfest/Wintersun
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:42 pm

M beginning? Malevolent Creation? Not a fan, but I guess it would be as traditional as it gets. :beerwink:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:19 pm

Phoenix wrote:You never know, Mamon Amarth could return :lol:

Or Mamelles Amarth :boobs: :boobs: :boobs:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:02 pm

Memnoch wrote:M beginning? Malevolent Creation? Not a fan, but I guess it would be as traditional as it gets. :beerwink:

Is traditional different to old school :? ?

:P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:22 pm

SO SO SO SO good.

You funny :lol:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:51 pm

Andy "something beginning with the letter M",if this is a clue the band is Myrkur!First offical album "M".
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

The Entire Caribbean Taken By One Panzer Division

by Andy » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:01 pm

We're pleased to welcome MARDUK and their Panzer Division onbroad 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise!

Don't forget, PUBLIC SALES for 70000TONS OF METAL 2017 begins tomorrow (Tuesday August 16) at 3PM EDT / 9PM CEST. Book as soon as the gates open, because you don't want to miss the boat!

If this one didn't leave a mark, maybe "S" will...

• deathmetalpat
    Ensign

Re: The Entire Caribbean Taken By One Panzer Division

by deathmetalpat » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:18 pm

Satyricon !Marduk is killer also.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:19 pm

Hell yeah Marduk!

"If this one didn't leave a mark, maybe "S" will..."

Sounds like we're getting Scar Symmetry!!!

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:19 pm

mark, scar, Scar Symmetry?
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:20 pm

Short Sharp Shock ?
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:21 pm

Warphine wrote:Hell yeah Marduk!

"If this one didn't leave a mark, maybe "S" will..."

Sounds like we're getting Scar Symmetry!!!

Yeah that was the first thing I thought of when I saw "leave a mark" too.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:29 pm

Warphine wrote:As far as I know, MPE has never played the States.

MPE played in Cleveland at the BWBK Festival in 2005.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:43 pm

VREID

MARDUK
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:52 pm

Symphony X marks the spot would be the other possibility ,clue wise.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:57 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:Symphony X marks the spot would be the other possibility ,clue wise.

NICE - I like that :D
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:18 pm

FUCK YEAH MOAR BLACK METAL!!
    :beerhorns: :death: :metalguy: :bmhorns:

Perhaps Septic Flesh next? That's got to leave a mark...
    Yippee38
    Petty Officer

by Yippee38 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:41 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:Symphony X marks the spot would be the other possibility ,clue wise.

That's quite a stretch, but we've seen more obscure clues before.

Scar Symmetry seems to be the obvious choice.

<shrugs>
Post Reply 3265 posts