Post Reply 3266 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2017 Megathread
    cowboy71
    Commander

Re: A Burial At Sea

by cowboy71 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:49 pm

mbob wrote:It's getting worse because it appears we have finally reached the announcement drought!

Quit using reverse psychology on Andy - aint gonna work :P :D

By the way, if I haven't said it before I'll say it now - LOVE your wishlist :headbanger:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    AceHugger
    Petty Officer

by AceHugger » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:02 am

cowboy71 wrote:
    AceHugger wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:All the bands starting with P that I collated from wishlists - removing those already on the lineup or those like Powerwolf who are already ruled out:

Pitch Shifter

This would make me explode. saw them in '98 & the snare was so loud it was making my head twitch.

I'm reasonably sure they're defunct now though , sadly.

Not that they are a band that interest me at all, but:
    "In June 2016 the band tweeted "Looking at some live shows in Feb 2018 in the UK. Does anybody still care!?!?". This suggests a possible tour to coincide with the 20th anniversary of the pitchshifter.com album"

that's certainly interesting, - but Why 2018? seems weird to plan a comeback 18 months in advance. - also as someone on the tweet pointed out, that tweet went out at like 04:25 in the morning, so perhaps a drunken joke?

Hoping not & hoping they meant 2017 but I doubt it, - i remember 3 jobs ago hearing they were working on new material. - that was in 2010. ......Still waiting.......
    2017 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
    2018 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:07 am

It worked last time!

I have a feeling we have been at a lot of the same shows on board these past 2 years. Won't be much different this year! Your list is top notch!

cowboy71 wrote:
    mbob wrote:It's getting worse because it appears we have finally reached the announcement drought!

Quit using reverse psychology on Andy - aint gonna work :P :D

By the way, if I haven't said it before I'll say it now - LOVE your wishlist :headbanger:
    2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Late booking and terrible dates kept me away.
    2021- What might the future hold?
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:55 pm

Almost two days without a post in the main thread, I think The Lull is finally almost upon us.

"Day after day, day after day,
    we stuck nor breath nor motion
    as idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean"

I'm guessing that the 40th band (Primordial) will be announced some time in September, then silence until November.
    Agnostic.Front-/-Akercocke-/-Alien.Weaponry-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Anaal.Nathrakh-/-Animals.As.Leaders-/-Behemoth-/-Between.The.Buried.And.Me-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Star.Riders-/-Body.Count-/-Candiria-/-Combichrist-/-Dark.Angel-/-Death.DTA-/-Deicide-/-Dethklok-/-DRI-/-Entombed-/-Evile-/-Fear.Factory-/-Frog.Leap-/-Godflesh-/-Gojira-/-Green.Carnation-/-Gutalax-/-Hatebreed-/-Iron.Reagan-/-Jungle.Rot-/-KMFDM-/-Kvelertak-/-Lost.Society-/-Loudblast-/-Manowar-/-Melechesh-/-Memoriam-/-Mercyful.Fate-/-Ministry-/-M.O.D.-/-Morbid.Angel-/-Morgoth-/-Municipal.Waste-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Nails-/-Nuclear.Assault-/-Pig.Destroyer-/-Power.Trip-/-Protector-/-Rivers.Of.Nihil-/-Sacred.Reich-/-Saxon-/-Six.Feet.Under-/-Sleep-/-Stormtroopers.of.Beer-/-Suicidal.Tendencies-/-Tankard-/-Terrorizer-/-The.Crown-/-The.Great.Old.Ones-/-The.Zenith.Passage-/-Thin.Lizzy-/-Triptykon-/-Trust-/-Tsjuder-/-Twelve.Foot.Ninja-/-Twilight.Of.The.Gods-/-UFO-/-Upon.A.Burning.Body-/-Wrath-/-Xibalba-/-Zeal.&.Ardor
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:48 pm

Historically Sept/Oct has been deadly silent as far as band announcements go. I'm not hopeful for any different.

Although I turn 45 on September 1st Skipper so an announcement as a birthday present would be nice :heavydrink:

06 Aug Manilla Road
    02 Oct Bloodbath

27 Aug Einherjer
    23 Sep Amorphis
    26 Sep Artillery
    26 Nov Venom

18 May Carcass
    9 Nov The Haunted
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:23 am

cowboy71 wrote:Historically Sept/Oct has been deadly silent as far as band announcements go. I'm not hopeful for any different.

Although I turn 45 on September 1st Skipper so an announcement as a birthday present would be nice :heavydrink:

06 Aug Manilla Road
    02 Oct Bloodbath

27 Aug Einherjer
    23 Sep Amorphis
    26 Sep Artillery
    26 Nov Venom

18 May Carcass
    9 Nov The Haunted

Skipper, I think this loyal fiend deserves a B-Day Gift
    then after that, We all can Enjoy The Silence
    :bmhorns: :headbanger: :beerbang: :mrgreen: :3drunks: :smash: :shots: :heavydrink:
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:02 pm

***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:55 pm

General Zod wrote:Image

THIS.
    2021 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Bloodbath--Blood.Red.Throne--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce
    --Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--
    Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2021: SoooOOOooooooon
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:51 pm

You already have NINE bands from your wish list, so you're not really the one who has to take arms and demand one more :mrgreen:
    Agnostic.Front-/-Akercocke-/-Alien.Weaponry-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Anaal.Nathrakh-/-Animals.As.Leaders-/-Behemoth-/-Between.The.Buried.And.Me-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Star.Riders-/-Body.Count-/-Candiria-/-Combichrist-/-Dark.Angel-/-Death.DTA-/-Deicide-/-Dethklok-/-DRI-/-Entombed-/-Evile-/-Fear.Factory-/-Frog.Leap-/-Godflesh-/-Gojira-/-Green.Carnation-/-Gutalax-/-Hatebreed-/-Iron.Reagan-/-Jungle.Rot-/-KMFDM-/-Kvelertak-/-Lost.Society-/-Loudblast-/-Manowar-/-Melechesh-/-Memoriam-/-Mercyful.Fate-/-Ministry-/-M.O.D.-/-Morbid.Angel-/-Morgoth-/-Municipal.Waste-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Nails-/-Nuclear.Assault-/-Pig.Destroyer-/-Power.Trip-/-Protector-/-Rivers.Of.Nihil-/-Sacred.Reich-/-Saxon-/-Six.Feet.Under-/-Sleep-/-Stormtroopers.of.Beer-/-Suicidal.Tendencies-/-Tankard-/-Terrorizer-/-The.Crown-/-The.Great.Old.Ones-/-The.Zenith.Passage-/-Thin.Lizzy-/-Triptykon-/-Trust-/-Tsjuder-/-Twelve.Foot.Ninja-/-Twilight.Of.The.Gods-/-UFO-/-Upon.A.Burning.Body-/-Wrath-/-Xibalba-/-Zeal.&.Ardor
    Downvod
    Chief Petty Officer

by Downvod » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:21 am

cowboy71 wrote:Historically Sept/Oct has been deadly silent as far as band announcements go.

I'm disappointed statsman! There were 10 announcements last October!
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:21 pm

Downvod wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:Historically Sept/Oct has been deadly silent as far as band announcements go.

I'm disappointed statsman! There were 10 announcements last October!

Yes last year was a bit of an aberation. Last year September was the quiet month, hence why my post read:

06 Aug Manilla Road
    02 Oct Bloodbath

It wasn't meant to be showing every band announced - just when the big silences around this time of year have started and finished :)

I really hope last year was indeed an aberation as I would rather that didn't happen again! 57 days of silence, 10 announcements 2nd and 3rd of October then another 88 days of silence before the next announcement.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:40 pm

And speaking of stats, we are now almost equal to the longest we've had to wait between band announcements for the 2017 cruise since announcements started to flow. We had to wait just under 9 days between the Stam1na and Testament announcements, and its so far been a bit over 8 days since Grave were added.

On the plus side, we would have to be keep waiting until 10 days AFTER sailing if the 'record' band announcement drought of 175 days were to be broken :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:52 am

We already have almost 2/3 of the lineup and it kicks ass. I can patiently wait a month or two without announcements :D
    Wishlist:
    AETERNAM--Alestorm--Allegaeon--
    Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Dark.Tranquillity--Devin.Townsend--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--DREAM.THEATER--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Freedom.call--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Helloween--IN.MOURNING--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--Kreator--Masterplan--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--Moonsorrow--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SABATON--Seven.Spires--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--SOEN--Soilwork--Stratovarius--SYMPHONY.X--TERAMAZE--_Tomorrows.Eve--Triosphere--Therion--THRESHOLD--Unisonic--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Wolfheart

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor | 2020: BOOKED
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:02 am

That might be the way, these days Al

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, Rippikoulu, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Bewitcher, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:46 am

cowboy71 wrote:On the plus side, we would have to be keep waiting until 10 days AFTER sailing if the 'record' band announcement drought of 175 days were to be broken :P

OMG man that was f'ing horrible. So glad we won't have to deal with that this year.
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
    Yippee38
    Crewman

by Yippee38 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:33 pm

General Zod wrote:Imagejust-give-us-e5k5rj by Greg Hasbrouck, on Flickr

LOL! Yeah. This.
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:15 pm

Godflesh wrote:You already have NINE bands from your wish list, so you're not really the one who has to take arms and demand one more :mrgreen:

In the words of Anthrax.... "There's always room for one more."

Or two, or three, or eight..... :lol: :headbanger:
    2021 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Bloodbath--Blood.Red.Throne--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce
    --Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--
    Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:59 pm

I'll take pretty much any band you have left...
    Everybody, blow on Pellaz's dice! I said the dice!
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:32 am

I have enough too watch, I could care less if it is J. Beiber added next
    But wishlist bands all ways make it better.
    so for 7 years I have asked for Combichrist and have seen several shirts on broad and they are about to go on tour with Max and Igor doing Roots so just bring all of it ;)
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:47 am

Well as long as we're talking about Magical Christmasland, let's get Sabaton to cancel their shows in Frankfurt, Saarbrucken, Basel, Bamberg, and Munich and get them on broad! Throw in Mors Principium Est and ChthoniC for good measure!

Technically, 2/3 of this are still possible?
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:38 am

Phoenix wrote:Well as long as we're talking about Magical Christmasland, let's get Sabaton to cancel their shows in Frankfurt, Saarbrucken, Basel, Bamberg, and Munich and get them on broad! Throw in Mors Principium Est and ChthoniC for good measure!

And they need to bring Accept and Twilight Force (since they got screwed out of their pool deck show last year and had to play the crappy lounge twice) along as well!!
    Last edited by mbob on Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
    2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Late booking and terrible dates kept me away.
    2021- What might the future hold?
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:26 am

mbob wrote:
    Phoenix wrote:Well as long as we're talking about Magical Christmasland, let's get Sabaton to cancel their shows in Frankfurt, Saarbrucken, Basel, Bamberg, and Munich and get them on broad! Throw in Mors Principium Est and ChthoniC for good measure!

And they need to bring Accept and Twilight Force (since they got screwed out of their pool deck show last year and had to play the crappy lounge twice last year) along as well!!

and Black Sabbath doing their final 2 "The End" shows with Bill Ward on drums.
  • Mark
    Petty Officer

by Mark » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:47 am

mbob wrote:

And they need to bring Accept and Twilight Force (since they got screwed out of their pool deck show last year and had to play the crappy lounge twice) along as well!!

Count me in!
    Alestorm/Amaranthe/Anneke/Avantasia/Blind Guardian/Civil War/Devin Townsend/Apokalyptische Reiter/Edguy/Ensiferum/Equilibrium/Falconer/Gloryhammer/Grave Digger/Heidevolk/Korpiklaani/Omnium Gatherum/Powerwolf/Rage/Sabaton/Saxon/Therion/Trollfest/Wintersun
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:08 am

Andy wrote:Let’s sail around the world for another “P” shall we?

well if we're gonna take a P how about Pissing Razors :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MY6bt8HhhzY :beerhorns: :givebeer:
  • JARI
    Petty Officer

by JARI » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:10 pm

Azazel101 wrote:I have enough too watch, I could care less if it is J. Beiber added next
    But wishlist bands all ways make it better.
    so for 7 years I have asked for Combichrist and have seen several shirts on broad and they are about to go on tour with Max and Igor doing Roots so just bring all of it ;)

I got to work with Beiber in septemper, could you shot me before that?
    70k survivor 2013
    70k survivor 2015
    2017 cabin 6223
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:11 pm

Man I hate crossing off bands from my wishlist :( Noticed today that Living Sacrifice are doing Shiprocked next year. Doesn't rule them out technically but I doubt very much a band could or would do Shiprocked then 2 weeks later do 70K.

I guess looking on the bright side, it means that LS are open to doing cruises at least!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    blackmortum
    Wiper

by blackmortum » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:52 pm

Yippee38 wrote:
    General Zod wrote:Imagejust-give-us-e5k5rj by Greg Hasbrouck, on Flickr

LOL! Yeah. This.

YEP! This :P
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:03 pm

Godflesh wrote:I'll take pretty much any band you have left...
    Everybody, blow on Pellaz's dice! I said the dice!

Thanks for the clarification, there. :lol:
    2021 Wishlist:
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:37 am

If we are going all the way around the world to Australia
    can you also bring back The Amenta, Destroyer 666, and Sadistik Exekution,
  • CFH
    Crewman

by CFH » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:07 am

Azazel101 wrote:If we are going all the way around the world to Australia

I believe that The Amenta has called it a day.
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:21 am

Azazel101 wrote:If we are going all the way around the world to Australia

Destroyer 666 has been based out of Europe for quite a while. I think they currently reside in the UK.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:42 am

Finally got around to checking out the last two bands. Who in the fuck does Pain remind me so strongly of? Don't say Hypocrisy, I'm reasonably sure I've never heard their stuff.
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-
    Downvod
    Chief Petty Officer

by Downvod » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:25 am

Phoenix wrote:Finally got around to checking out the last two bands. Who in the fuck does Pain remind me so strongly of? Don't say Hypocrisy, I'm reasonably sure I've never heard their stuff.

You are a huge fan of melodeath and you've never heard Hypocrisy? That is sinful!

Hypocrisy/Pain mainman Peter Tagtren is also a famed producer... so if it is the production/guitar tone that is reminding you of something... he has done Amon Amarth albums, early Children of Bodom, Immortal, Dimmu Borgir, Amorphis, Sabaton, Destruction, Borknagar, and more.
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:43 am

Phoenix wrote:....Don't say Hypocrisy, I'm reasonably sure I've never heard their stuff.

I am sad to read this. Somewhere Gnoff is sobbing.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

• Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:11 am

Downvod wrote:
    You are a huge fan of melodeath and you've never heard Hypocrisy? That is sinful!

Hypocrisy/Pain mainman Peter Tagtren is also a famed producer... so if it is the production/guitar tone that is reminding you of something... he has done Amon Amarth albums, early Children of Bodom, Immortal, Dimmu Borgir, Amorphis, Sabaton, Destruction, Borknagar, and more.

Yes I know. I'm behind. I'll get on it when I have a moment.

Well looking at the list, I guess that's why Pain sounds so familiar. I like most of the bands on this list.
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:15 pm

For Hypocrisy... start here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IE8hAOLy9vs
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rKezCsU9KA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9Uwa453gHQ

They are amazing, and full of great songs throughout their entire long career!

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:38 pm

Warphine wrote:For Hypocrisy... start here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IE8hAOLy9vs
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rKezCsU9KA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9Uwa453gHQ

They are amazing, and full of great songs throughout their entire long career!

Roswell 47 is probably my all time favorite even though their cover of Black Magic is Brutal
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Enq8FXyrh5Y
    I will never forget the night I played this song in a club before a Jungle Rot show
    the place was in a awe
  • Soundchaser
    Petty Officer

by Soundchaser » Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:12 pm

question to our Statsman:

happend it before, that a band member played with "both" of his official bands on the same cruise?
    I mean, like it would be with Pain and Hypocrisy (Peter) or Omnium Gatherum and Insomnium (Markus) etc.
    Or is this another unwritten law like with not doing two cruises in a row?
    Curious what history tells.
    70kt Survivor: 2013 / 2014 / 2015 / 2016 / 2017 / 2020
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:04 pm

Soundchaser wrote:question to our Statsman:

happend it before, that a band member played with "both" of his official bands on the same cruise?
    I mean, like it would be with Pain and Hypocrisy (Peter) or Omnium Gatherum and Insomnium (Markus) etc.
    Or is this another unwritten law like with not doing two cruises in a row?
    Curious what history tells.

Not Statsman, but ....

There have been band members that have done multiple bands on a cruise.

Adrian Erlandson played drums at both sets for At The Gates, Paradise Lost & Brujeria on Barge to Hell.
    Shane Embry played both sets for Napalm Death & Brujeria on Barge to Hell.
    Warrel Dane & Jeff Loomis played both sets for both Nevermore & Sanctuary on the 2011 cruise, I think.
    Nick Holmes sang both sets for Paradise Lost & Bloodbath on the 2016 cruise.
    Anders Nystrom & Jonas Renske did both sets for Katatonia & Bloodbath on the 2016 cruise.
    Paul Masvidal , Max Phelps & Sean Reinert played both sets for both Cynic & Death To All on the 2014 cruise. I think all three of them did both bands that cruise, I might be wrong.
    Dirk Verbeuren played drums for both sets of Soilwork & Satyricon on the 2014 cruise. Granted, he is not a member of Satyricon.

Other examples can be added by others.

Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:29 pm

Sgt. B nailed it. :heavydrink:

Post Reply 3266 posts