Post Reply 3266 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2017 Megathread
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

5 Months Until Sailing!

by Andy » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:00 pm

In exactly 5 months you will be onbroad 70000TONS? OF METAL 2017!

Round 7 of The World’s Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise will sail from Florida to Labadee onbroad the Independence of the Seas, leaving from Port Everglades in Ft. Lauderdale near Miami, FL on Thursday, February 2nd 2017 and returning on Monday, February 6th.

Haven’t booked your ticket yet? Click here to book now! Don’t wait, only a select number of Single Tickets and Private Cabins are left. You don’t want to miss the boat!

• Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

Re: 5 Months Until Sailing!

by Phoenix » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:09 pm

Aww, look at acidbasement's kids :mrgreen:
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

Re: A Burial At Sea

by Azazel101 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:15 pm

Sgt. B wrote:
    Soundchaser wrote:question to our Statsman:

happend it before, that a band member played with "both" of his official bands on the same cruise?
    I mean, like it would be with Pain and Hypocrisy (Peter) or Omnium Gatherum and Insomnium (Markus) etc.
    Or is this another unwritten law like with not doing two cruises in a row?
    Curious what history tells.

Not Statsman, but ....

There have been band members that have done multiple bands on a cruise.

Adrian Erlandson played drums at both sets for At The Gates, Paradise Lost & Brujeria on Barge to Hell.
    Shane Embry played both sets for Napalm Death & Brujeria on Barge to Hell.
    Warrel Dane & Jeff Loomis played both sets for both Nevermore & Sanctuary on the 2011 cruise, I think.
    Nick Holmes sang both sets for Paradise Lost & Bloodbath on the 2016 cruise.
    Anders Nystrom & Jonas Renske did both sets for Katatonia & Bloodbath on the 2016 cruise.
    Paul Masvidal , Max Phelps & Sean Reinert played both sets for both Cynic & Death To All on the 2014 cruise. I think all three of them did both bands that cruise, I might be wrong.
    Dirk Verbeuren played drums for both sets of Soilwork & Satyricon on the 2014 cruise. Granted, he is not a member of Satyricon.

Other examples can be added by others.

and if that is not enough for you some will also take part in the Jeff Waters in open waters all star jam where he will pair up some of the worlds greatest musicians together for a special cover of a metal classics
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:17 pm

Sgt. B wrote:

happend it before, that a band member played with "both" of his official bands on the same cruise?
    I mean, like it would be with Pain and Hypocrisy (Peter) or Omnium Gatherum and Insomnium (Markus) etc.

Not Statsman, but ....

Adrian Erlandson played drums at both sets for At The Gates, Paradise Lost & Brujeria on Barge to Hell.
    Warrel Dane & Jeff Loomis played both sets for both Nevermore & Sanctuary on the 2011 cruise, I think.
    Anders Nystrom & Jonas Renske did both sets for Katatonia & Bloodbath on the 2016 cruise.
    Paul Masvidal , Max Phelps & Sean Reinert played both sets for both Cynic & Death To All on the 2014 cruise. I think all three of them did both bands that cruise, I might be wrong.
    Dirk Verbeuren played drums for both sets of Soilwork & Satyricon on the 2014 cruise. Granted, he is not a member of Satyricon.

Nice work, grasshopper :D
    Upcoming Gigs:

2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:57 am

Sgt. B wrote:

Not Statsman, but ....

I'm also thinking of Leaves' Eyes and Atrocity sharing a lot of members (and thus playing four sets) on 2014.
    Wishlist:
    AETERNAM--Alestorm--Allegaeon--
    Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Dark.Tranquillity--Devin.Townsend--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--DREAM.THEATER--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Freedom.call--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Helloween--IN.MOURNING--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--Kreator--Masterplan--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--Moonsorrow--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SABATON--Seven.Spires--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--SOEN--Soilwork--Stratovarius--SYMPHONY.X--TERAMAZE--_Tomorrows.Eve--Triosphere--Therion--THRESHOLD--Unisonic--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Wolfheart

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor | 2020: BOOKED
  • Soundchaser
    Petty Officer

by Soundchaser » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:56 am

ok , thanks Sgt. B.

I wasn't aware of that. Ok, most of those band aren't on my "playlist" :lol:
    All star jam doesn't count, because it's a special set-up designed to mix up musicians.
    I meant only regular band members. Stand-in musicians count neither.
    70kt Survivor: 2013 / 2014 / 2015 / 2016 / 2017 / 2020
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:36 pm

Sgt. B wrote:

Not Statsman, but ....

Waltteri Väyrynen played drums for Vallenfyre and Paradise Lost
    Greg Mackintosh played guitar for Vallenfyre and Paradise Lost
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:27 pm

17 days since the last band announcement.

It would appear that things are returning to "normal" :lol: :roll: :P
    Upcoming Gigs:

2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:08 am

Phoenix wrote:Aww, look at acidbasement's kids :mrgreen:

They were so excited to see that photo. Magnus asked me if he's famous now. :mrgreen:
    Boat SARS begone!
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:31 pm

Marduk cancelled tonight's show in NYC due to visa problems. Hopefully they get it fixed by February.
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:42 pm

meshuggah wrote:Marduk cancelled tonight's show in NYC due to visa problems. Hopefully they get it fixed by February.

That makes no difference at all, the cruise doesn't need Visas. As for the US tour, that should be fixed soon, they expect to join the tour later this week or next.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:33 pm

Razor Ramon wrote:
    meshuggah wrote:Marduk cancelled tonight's show in NYC due to visa problems. Hopefully they get it fixed by February.

That makes no difference at all, the cruise doesn't need Visas.

That's right. For the 2342364th time: bands don't need artist visas to play on 70k, only tourist visas. :twisted:
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Einherjer-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Ihsahn-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Abinchova-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Elvenking-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Grave.Digger-/-Haggard-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Izegrim-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kivimetsän.Druidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Orphaned.Land-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-SuidAkrA-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-Tengger.Cavalry-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-U.D.O.-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Wintersun-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:37 am

Speedy wrote:
    Razor Ramon wrote:

That makes no difference at all, the cruise doesn't need Visas.

That's right. For the 2342364th time: bands don't need artist visas to play on 70k, only tourist visas. :twisted:

Explain what happened with Frost (Satyricon) 2 cruises ago. Wasn't that a visa problem?
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:00 am

meshuggah wrote:Explain what happened with Frost (Satyricon) 2 cruises ago. Wasn't that a visa problem?

The tourist visa part. Frost has been denied entry to the US before for confusions with criminal charges. Probably had something to do with that.
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-
    metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalmaciejmetal » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:25 am

Looks like Marduk is having issues making it into the states. I hope this gets resolved before the cruise.
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:18 pm

metalmaciejmetal wrote:Looks like Marduk is having issues making it into the states. I hope this gets resolved before the cruise.

If only there were some knowledgeable people who could answer our questions and put our concerns to rest! But who?
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2021: Not this time. Have fun!

Wishlist: Arkona-/-Borknagar-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Lumsk-/-Necrophagist-/-Otyg-/-Savatage-/-Skyforger-/-Solstafir-/-Testament-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Varg
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:25 pm

metalmaciejmetal wrote:Looks like Marduk is having issues making it into the states. I hope this gets resolved before the cruise.

Gloryhammer used very similar language
    "Gloryhammer released a statement: "My friends, we have grave news. Due to unusual and unprecedented delays in the processing of working visas for the USA necessary to the bands performance, we regret to inform our fans that we will not be performing at Prog Power USA in Atlanta, or at the Whiskey-a-Go-Go in Los Angeles next week. "
    Me thinks it will be okay by the cruise time ,also the "working visa " vs. "travel visa " thing has never been made clear.So has anyone every talked to a band that did the cruise solely with travel visas?
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:04 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:

"Gloryhammer released a statement: "My friends, we have grave news. Due to unusual and unprecedented delays in the processing of working visas for the USA necessary to the bands performance, we regret to inform our fans that we will not be performing at Prog Power USA in Atlanta, or at the Whiskey-a-Go-Go in Los Angeles next week. "
    Me thinks it will be okay by the cruise time ,also the "working visa " vs. "travel visa " thing has never been made clear.So has anyone every talked to a band that did the cruise solely with travel visas?

Not I, but Dark Funeral's Jan-Mar 2012 tour of the US got cancelled due to Visa issues, yet they still were able to perform on the 2012 cruise.

Think that is pretty good evidence :)
    Upcoming Gigs:

2021 Wishlist
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:53 pm

No US working Visas are required to play the cruise because the bands will not be playing in the US, but all members of the band will at least need to be able to enter the US as a tourist if they expect to get on the ship. If they won't at least let you in as a tourist then you are just shit out of luck.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:04 am

Razor Ramon wrote:Greg Mackintosh played guitar for Vallenfyre and Paradise Lost

/nitpick on

Greg played guitar for Paradise Lost and did vocals for Vallenfyre

/nipick off
    Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:55 pm

Gratch wrote:
    Razor Ramon wrote:Greg Mackintosh played guitar for Vallenfyre and Paradise Lost

/nitpick on

Greg played guitar for Paradise Lost and did vocals for Vallenfyre

/nipick off

Oh yeah
    70000 Tons 2019
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:56 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    deathmetalpat wrote:

Not I, but Dark Funeral's Jan-Mar 2012 tour of the US got cancelled due to Visa issues, yet they still were able to perform on the 2012 cruise.

Think that is pretty good evidence :)

Good point!I don't worry about bands from Scandinavia unless a particular member has has legal problems.I think Marduk is relatively safe on that point for travel to United Stares.2014 was the first cruise where I heard of cruisers having trouble getting into United States from ESTA countries.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:52 pm

21 weeks to go, 21 bands to go.

A band every week would be nice :)

But, we'll more than likely be in for a month of two of silence followed by a few bands, followed by another month or two of silence and a bunch of filler with one or two bigger names in January.
    Upcoming Gigs:

2021 Wishlist
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:42 am

cowboy71 wrote:21 weeks to go, 21 bands to go.

But, we'll more than likely be in for a month of two of silence followed by a few bands, followed by another month or two of silence and a bunch of filler with one or two bigger names in January.

Exactly. If we did predictions for when announcements would resume, I'd put my money on the 21st of October and no sooner.
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:08 pm

Anneke Van Giersbergen has a break coming up after December but she told me she wants on the cruise and will say fuck the break to play the cruise. She told me The Sirens got the offer in 2015 but she was unable, which made Liv and Kari pretty sad, I hope Andy gets her this time. She was amazing at ProgPower.
    70000 Tons 2019
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:35 pm

Razor Ramon wrote:Anneke Van Giersbergen has a break coming up after December but she told me she wants on the cruise and will say fuck the break to play the cruise. She told me The Sirens got the offer in 2015 but she was unable, which made Liv and Kari pretty sad, I hope Andy gets her this time. She was amazing at ProgPower.

HOT DAMN ! *crosses fingers toes and everything*
    Upcoming Gigs:

2021 Wishlist
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:01 am

Razor Ramon wrote:Anneke Van Giersbergen has a break coming up after December but she told me she wants on the cruise and will say fuck the break to play the cruise. She told me The Sirens got the offer in 2015 but she was unable, which made Liv and Kari pretty sad, I hope Andy gets her this time. She was amazing at ProgPower.

This is great to hear. I agree with you, she was amazing at ProgPower. She was involved in 3 of the 5 performances that I enjoyed the most.

Also, it was nice to meet you at the fest.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:16 pm

Phoenix wrote:

Exactly. If we did predictions for when announcements would resume, I'd put my money on the 21st of October and no sooner.

<Looking at my metal newsfeed>
    I'm thinking at least one or two fairly big announcements around Sept. 29th and 30th. :mrgreen:
    2021 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Bloodbath--Blood.Red.Throne--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce
    --Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--
    Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon
    2021: SoooOOOooooooon
    Downvod
    Chief Petty Officer

by Downvod » Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:58 pm

Pellaz wrote:
    Phoenix wrote:

<Looking at my metal newsfeed>
    I'm thinking at least one or two fairly big announcements around Sept. 29th and 30th. :mrgreen:

Do tell!
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:29 pm

You tease Pellaz :lol: :P
    Upcoming Gigs:

2021 Wishlist
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:26 pm

Apparently Mors Principium Est is touring with Onslaught in Europe soon...

I think I would fucking die of whiplash if I ever got to see those bands in the same night.

I hope they both get announced for this thing...
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
    AceHugger
    Petty Officer

by AceHugger » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:06 am

deathmetalpat wrote:Good point!I don't worry about bands from Scandinavia unless a particular member has has legal problems.I think Marduk is relatively safe on that point for travel to United Stares.2014 was the first cruise where I heard of cruisers having trouble getting into United States from ESTA countries.

This sort of thing never happened during the Lincoln administration.

#Justsayin'
    2017 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
    2018 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
    spooky
    Petty Officer

by spooky » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:16 pm

could have sworn i just heard glenn from PPUSA announce mike portnoy on 70K.....
    2021: SHOW US THE DATES!
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:56 pm

spooky wrote:could have sworn i just heard glenn from PPUSA announce mike portnoy on 70K.....

Yeah, he kept saying "the boat". I was thinking "this boat? Or some Mike Portnoy cruise?"
    70000 Tons 2019
    spooky
    Petty Officer

by spooky » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:26 pm

...with a bit of research, it's the cruise to the edge, methinks
    2021: SHOW US THE DATES!
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:46 pm

spooky wrote:...with a bit of research, it's the cruise to the edge, methinks

http://cruisetotheedge.com/the-bands/

That would be the one!
    Upcoming Gigs:

2021 Wishlist
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:19 am

nothing their for me!!!!
    maybe one song from that one band
    ok, nothing
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:58 pm

Sgt. B wrote: Also, it was nice to meet you at the fest.

It was nice meeting you too.

I met General Zod too, cool guy. I met a few other cruisers but I'm not sure if they are on the forum..
    70000 Tons 2019
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:53 am

Mors Principium Est just announced their new album "Embers of a Dying World" will be released early 2017.

Yet more reasons I want them to be on the fucking boat. :headbanger:
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:38 pm

cowboy71 wrote:You tease Pellaz :lol: :P

Heh, not really.

I'll just note that tickets for PPUSA 2017 go on sale......Oct. 1st. :twisted:
    2021 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Bloodbath--Blood.Red.Throne--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce
    --Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--
    Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon
    2021: SoooOOOooooooon
Post Reply 3266 posts