Post Reply 3266 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2017 Megathread
    cowboy71
    Commander

Re: 5 Months Until Sailing!

by cowboy71 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:48 pm

Oct 1st? Maybe we'll have our next announcement by then :)

Last year we had nothing through September at all, then 10 announcements on the 2nd/3rd of October, then nothing until the very end of December.

Would much rather a steady stream of an announcement every week or so, but we all know that with 70K we'll just get what we're given, and like it :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Wolves-In-The-Throne-Room-/-Halestorm-/-70K
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:13 am

Phoenix wrote:Mors Principium Est just announced their new album "Embers of a Dying World" will be released early 2017.

Yet more reasons I want them to be on the fucking boat. :headbanger:

This!
    Wishlist:
    AETERNAM--Alestorm--Allegaeon--
    Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Dark.Tranquillity--Devin.Townsend--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--DREAM.THEATER--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Freedom.call--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Helloween--IN.MOURNING--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--Kreator--Masterplan--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--Moonsorrow--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SABATON--Seven.Spires--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--SOEN--Soilwork--Stratovarius--SYMPHONY.X--TERAMAZE--_Tomorrows.Eve--Triosphere--Therion--THRESHOLD--Unisonic--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Wolfheart

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor | 2020: BOOKED
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:43 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Oct 1st? Maybe we'll have our next announcement by then :)

Last year we had nothing through September at all, then 10 announcements on the 2nd/3rd of October, then nothing until the very end of December.

The timing of those ten announcements was....interesting. :lol:
    (Tickets for ProgPower USA XVII went on sale October 3rd; it sold out nine hours later.)
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Booked!
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:19 pm

Pellaz wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:Oct 1st? Maybe we'll have our next announcement by then :)

The timing of those ten announcements was....interesting. :lol:
    (Tickets for ProgPower USA XVII went on sale October 3rd; it sold out nine hours later.)

And tickets this year go on sale October 1st - wonder if that's when we'll get our next 70K announcements? :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:10 pm

Thanks to ProgPower, I crossed Pain off my list (I don't like clean vocals).
    That means I have room for 20 more shows (out of 40 I saw this year), and with 21 bands left to announce, it means next year I'll have time to eat in the MDR and sleep, yeah!
    Agnostic.Front-/-Akercocke-/-Alien.Weaponry-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Anaal.Nathrakh-/-Animals.As.Leaders-/-Behemoth-/-Between.The.Buried.And.Me-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Star.Riders-/-Body.Count-/-Brujeria-/-Candiria-/-Candlemass-/-Cattle.Decapitation-/-Combichrist-/-Dark.Angel-/-Deicide-/-Dethklok-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-DRI-/-Entombed-/-Evile-/-Fear.Factory-/-Flotsam.and.Jetsam-/-Frog.Leap-/-Ghost-/-Godflesh-/-Gojira-/-Green.Carnation-/-Gutalax-/-Hatebreed-/-Iron.Reagan-/-Jungle.Rot-/-KMFDM-/-Kvelertak-/-Lost.Society-/-Loudblast-/-Manowar-/-Melechesh-/-Memoriam-/-Mercyful.Fate-/-Ministry-/-M.O.D.-/-Morbid.Angel-/-Morgoth-/-Municipal.Waste-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Nails-/-Nuclear.Assault-/-Pig.Destroyer-/-Power.Trip-/-Protector-/-Rivers.Of.Nihil-/-Ross.The.Boss-/-Sacred.Reich-/-Saxon-/-Six.Feet.Under-/-Sleep-/-Stormtroopers.of.Beer-/-Suffocation-/-Suicidal.Tendencies-/-Tankard-/-Terrorizer-/-The.Crown-/-The.Faceless-/-The.Great.Old.Ones-/-The.Zenith.Passage-/-Thin.Lizzy-/-Triptykon-/-Trust-/-Tsjuder-/-Twelve.Foot.Ninja-/-UFO-/-Upon.A.Burning.Body-/-Vio-lence-/-Wrath-/-Xibalba
    Yippee38
    Crewman

by Yippee38 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:32 pm

Razor Ramon wrote:Anneke Van Giersbergen has a break coming up after December but she told me she wants on the cruise and will say fuck the break to play the cruise. She told me The Sirens got the offer in 2015 but she was unable, which made Liv and Kari pretty sad, I hope Andy gets her this time. She was amazing at ProgPower.

I'd like to see that too. I was expecting to be bored by her set, since The Gentle Storm isn't very metal at all. I expected to leave after a song or two even though I love her voice. I stayed for the whole set and was really impressed. Her set had very high energy, was much heavier live, and her band was awesome. It ended up being a top 4 set for me (Green Carnation was #1, but then it's pretty close between this set, Blind Guardian, and Devin Townsend).

Razor Ramon wrote:I met General Zod too, cool guy. I met a few other cruisers but I'm not sure if they are on the forum..

Zod introduced us briefly, but you guys were talking working out and MMA, so I didn't want to intrude. ;)
  • CFH
    Crewman

by CFH » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:33 am

bodomdragon wrote:
    Phoenix wrote:Mors Principium Est just announced their new album "Embers of a Dying World" will be released early 2017.

Yet more reasons I want them to be on the fucking boat. :headbanger:

This!

I tried to inquire them about the possibility of doing the cruise or ever getting offers to do it previosly via Facebook, but to no avail. Responses I got were rather vain which indicate that either they are not interested or I was talking with an admin or a foreign band member (I was typing in finish). I've had face to face conversatioins with the members before and they've always been really easy going and open (the bass player once bought me a drink for knowing some names of their songs :beerwink: ) , so I was a bit surprised with the responses I got.

Of course it could also mean that for some reason they aren't allowed to speak about the cruise..
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:20 pm

Nearly the one month anniversary of our last band announcement :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:23 am

cowboy71 wrote:Nearly the one month anniversary of our last band announcement :P

Ah, those were the days!
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
    spooky
    Petty Officer

by spooky » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:06 pm

Razor Ramon wrote:Anneke Van Giersbergen has a break coming up after December but she told me she wants on the cruise and will say fuck the break to play the cruise. She told me The Sirens got the offer in 2015 but she was unable, which made Liv and Kari pretty sad, I hope Andy gets her this time. She was amazing at ProgPower.

...caught all 3 of her sets and was blown away! each set uniquely different but equally amazing. would love to have her on broad; her band (the gentle storm), too! i really could care less what she played. she rocks it all!
    2019: Survivor
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:57 pm

Andy should just get Anneke onbroad and let her go visit whichever sets she wants to. :lol:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:51 am

Memnoch wrote:Andy should just get Anneke onbroad and let her go visit whichever sets she wants to. :lol:

:lol: There's a couple of bands I would find that absolutely hilarious to see her do that with.
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-November's.Doom-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-

Save these guys for 2021, Andy.
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:02 am

Razor Ramon wrote:I met General Zod too, cool guy. I met a few other cruisers but I'm not sure if they are on the forum..

It was good meeting you as well.

I'm kind of bummed I missed the Gentle Storm set, based solely on the feedback it got. Suffice it to say, the record did not impress me, and as Mike said below, I didn't think there was any chance of it impressing me live. Lesson learned.
    ***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:17 am

Phoenix wrote:
    Memnoch wrote:Andy should just get Anneke onbroad and let her go visit whichever sets she wants to. :lol:

:lol: There's a couple of bands I would find that absolutely hilarious to see her do that with.

I'd love to see Anneke with Scar Symmetry and with Omnium Gatherum, just for the laughs :D
    Wishlist:
    Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Dark.Tranquillity--Devin.Townsend--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--DREAM.THEATER--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Freedom.call--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Helloween--IN.MOURNING--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--Kreator--Masterplan--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--Moonsorrow--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SABATON--Seven.Spires--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--SOEN--Soilwork--Stratovarius--SYMPHONY.X--TERAMAZE--_Tomorrows.Eve--Triosphere--Therion--THRESHOLD--Unisonic--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Wolfheart

General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:15 am

Until you get Scar Symmetry and Anneke, here's a link of Exhumed and The Supremes to tide you over:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Phf0WoR9WLU
    ***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:52 pm

General Zod wrote:Until you get Scar Symmetry and Anneke, here's a link of Exhumed and The Supremes to tide you over:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Phf0WoR9WLU

Hahaha, I totally forgot about that.

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:08 am

Well, it's been a few months since I've logged in here. After 6 consecutive cruises, I am skipping next year.

I am instead,for the 5 days of holidays I take a year, going to Rock Fest Barcelona in June 2017. I have never been to a Europe fest, and this one has lineups that I like.

It's been an incredible 6 years on the Forum, I will check in time to time. I will be back!! :pound:

Some will be sad, some glad, some will be "Who the fuck are you? ""

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    8 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Striker,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:12 am

Jaimie38 wrote:I am instead,for the 5 days of holidays I take a year, going to Rock Fest Barcelona in June 2017. I have never been to a Europe fest, and this one has lineups that I like.

We spent ten days in Barcelona this summer. Amazing place, tons of great food and an awesome vibe. Of all the places we ate, Cera 23 was our favorite. Go have dinner there and thank me later. :D
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:24 pm

WE ARE EXPERIENCING.....A LULL. :lol:
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
    2015: Survivor
    2019: Booked!
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:25 pm

Eh. Lull had to happen sooner or later.
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-November's.Doom-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-

cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:31 pm

Yeah skipper is just doing his annual 'disappear-during-september' thing.

Someone wake me in October when announcements start again :D
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:42 pm

Enjoy the Silence cause we are all like
    OMG, an announcement, OMG another, OMG and another, OMG really, another
    we will never be completely happy with announcements but we know the drill
    In The End, We All Love It And We Come Back Again!!!
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:42 pm

I'm still hopeful for a birthday announcement on the 26th .... although it may be a pee ... I will probably have too by then :lol: :lol: :lol:
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:22 am

General Zod wrote:
    Jaimie38 wrote:I am instead,for the 5 days of holidays I take a year, going to Rock Fest Barcelona in June 2017. I have never been to a Europe fest, and this one has lineups that I like.

We spent ten days in Barcelona this summer. Amazing place, tons of great food and an awesome vibe. Of all the places we ate, Cera 23 was our favorite. Go have dinner there and thank me later. :D

Cera 23 is certainly a great choice, but there are A LOT of great restaurants in Barcelona. If you know where to go, food can become one of the biggest pleasures in town.

Jaimie: I'm sure you'll have fun here, the festival is very well organized every year. Remember that, as I'm writing this message, you still have 10 hours left to buy your ticket at a reduced price.
    Wishlist:

ExtraneouS
    Petty Officer

by ExtraneouS » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:58 am

cowboy71 wrote:Yeah skipper is just doing his annual 'disappear-during-september' thing.

So you're saying you want someone to Wake You Up when September Ends? :lol: :lol:
    Wishlist
    Æther-Realm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amaon-Amarth-/-Amaranthe-/-Amorphis-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Annihilator-/-Arch-Enemy-/-Arkona-/-Asenblut-/-Avantasia-/-Avartarium-/-Axxis-/-Babymetal-/-Battlecross-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Be'lakor-/-Blind-Guardian-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodbound-/-Brendon-Small-/-Brymir-/-Cain's-Offering-/-Carach-Angren-/-Cattle-Decapitation-/-Children-Of-Bodom-/-Chthonic-/-Crimson-Shadows-/-Dalriada-/-Derdian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dying-Fetus-/-Edguy-/-Eluveitie-/-Ensiferum-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-Evil-Scarecrow-/-Ex-Deo-/-Fairyland-/-Falconer-/-Fallujah-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Galneryus-/-Ghost-B.C.-/-Gloryhammer-/-Goatwhore-/-God-Dethroned-/-Gojira-/-Haggard-/-Hammerfall-/-Iron-Savior-/-Kalmah-/-Kamelot-/-Lagerstein-/-Moonsorrow-/-Mors-Principium-Est-/-Nanowar-Of-Steel-/-Nightwish-/-Omnium-Gatherum-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Powerwolf-/-Rumahoy-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio-Mortis-/-Serenity-/-Skálmöld-/-Skyfire-/-Solar-Fragment-/-Steel-Panther-/-Swashbuckle-/-Symphony-X-/-The-Dread-Crew-Of-Oddwood-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Twilight-Force-/-Týr-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Valhalore-/-Van-Canto-/-Visigoth-/-Wintersun-/-Ye-Banished-Privateers
    70k2015 Survivor - 2328
    70k2016 Survivor - 7511
    70k2017 Survivor - 6523
    70k2019 - 3336
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:15 pm

bodomdragon wrote:Cera 23 is certainly a great choice, but there are A LOT of great restaurants in Barcelona. If you know where to go, food can become one of the biggest pleasures in town.

Without a doubt. We ate at a ton of great restaurant, across a wide spectrum. However, Cera 23 was perhaps the best meal we had, dollar for dollar.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:27 pm

Jaimie38 wrote:Well, it's been a few months since I've logged in here. After 6 consecutive cruises, I am skipping next year.

I am instead,for the 5 days of holidays I take a year, going to Rock Fest Barcelona in June 2017. I have never been to a Europe fest, and this one has lineups that I like.

It's been an incredible 6 years on the Forum, I will check in time to time. I will be back!! :pound:

Now who am I going to annoy on the ship? :evil: :evil: :evil:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:33 pm

ExtraneouS wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:Yeah skipper is just doing his annual 'disappear-during-september' thing.

So you're saying you want someone to Wake You Up when September Ends? :lol: :lol:

HAHAHA - nice!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:14 pm

cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:52 pm

Yes, we've discussed that in a couple of other threads.

Interesting that GRAVE are not there, and CANDLEMASS and PSYCROPTIC are :)

Psycroptic are clearly the "P" band that will be next announced, and I guess Candlemass will be after that.

As far as the lack of Grave goes - nothing to be read into that. Probably as these adverts have to be done up weeks in advance of publication, at the time it was drafted they thought that Psycro and Candle would have been announced but hand not planned for Grave to be announced.

Hopefully the skipper returns from his sabbatical SOON and we can get these officially announced and move on :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:20 am

It's also possible that like "Heaven Shall Burn" they could be on the ad and something could fall through and they never get officially announced.

They were on a Barge to Hell ad once.

• sara
    Petty Officer

by sara » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:00 pm

Jaimie38 wrote:Well, it's been a few months since I've logged in here. After 6 consecutive cruises, I am skipping next year.

While it's sad, I was at the first Rockfest BCN and loved it. Do you know, you can take the train all the way to within a couple blocks of the park? It runs fairly late, too, and is fun on the ride back into Barcelona since there are mostly only other metalheads on the train so late. Living in Boston now with shitty trains, I can tell you BCN has nice trains, very modern. But I know next to nothing about the camping situation, as the first year had none.

Spain is also good because the Spanish are shorter than Germans, so us short people can see more. I don't know how much the atmosphere has changed since it got bigger, but for me it was pretty relaxed.

Bring lots of sunscreen. The sun there is no joke.

If I were you, I'd try to also do another Spanish fest if you have the time. Apparently not Be Prog! since they are the same weekend this year, too bad, the headliners are Jethro Tull and Ulver, oh my god that's hilarious. ResuFest though is like the next weekend, I've always wanted to do that one, it's Galicia which is supposed to be beautiful.
    Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:48 pm

well I've peed several times today and it seemed to leak, but still no announcement for my birthday :cry: :cry: :cry: :shots: :smash: :chug:
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:35 am

sara wrote:

While it's sad, I was at the first Rockfest BCN and loved it. Do you know, you can take the train all the way to within a couple blocks of the park? It runs fairly late, too, and is fun on the ride back into Barcelona since there are mostly only other metalheads on the train so late. Living in Boston now with shitty trains, I can tell you BCN has nice trains, very modern. But I know next to nothing about the camping situation, as the first year had none.

Spain is also good because the Spanish are shorter than Germans, so us short people can see more. I don't know how much the atmosphere has changed since it got bigger, but for me it was pretty relaxed.

Bring lots of sunscreen. The sun there is no joke.

If I were you, I'd try to also do another Spanish fest if you have the time. Apparently not Be Prog! since they are the same weekend this year, too bad, the headliners are Jethro Tull and Ulver, oh my god that's hilarious. ResuFest though is like the next weekend, I've always wanted to do that one, it's Galicia which is supposed to be beautiful.

As a native, I can confirm pretty much everything you've said here (hey, I'm 1.88, I'm the exception to the "short people" rule :D). The atmosphere hasn't changed at all, it is still a very friendly and confortable festival. You'll have a great time here. Only problem, the beers are VERY expensive inside the festival area. That's why we usually drink outside :D
    Wishlist:

• deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:53 pm

Our gay emo theme song video https://youtu.be/NU9JoFKlaZ0 :lol:
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    AceHugger
    Petty Officer

Re: 4 Months Until Sailing!

by AceHugger » Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:23 am

Is the 2nd.

Four months until sailing.

Where's or new announcements GODDAMMIT????
    2017 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
    2018 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:10 pm

AceHugger wrote:Is the 2nd.

September is statistically a dead month. So is October. Calm down.

cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:54 pm

Phoenix wrote:

Yeah Skipper has done what seems to be an annual disappearance 'off the grid' for the time being. The fact that he hasn't posted the official "four months until sailing" here is evidence of that.

I'd be happy with more silence. We all know that we are not going to know the full lineup until the week of sailing anyway :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    AceHugger
    Petty Officer

by AceHugger » Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:19 am

Phoenix wrote:

I'm calm. Just excited.
    2017 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
    2018 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:26 am

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get any more announcements until mid-December. But the lineup kicks so much ass at this point, that I don't even care :D
    Wishlist:

Post Reply 3266 posts