Post Reply 3265 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2017 Megathread
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

Re: Interview Your Favorite Artists on 70000TONS.tv!

by Downvod » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:25 am

bodomdragon wrote:On Sunday it will be three months since the last announcement, thus becoming the second longest streak EVER without announcements. Good job once again :D

True, but wasn't it also a record to have 39 bands announced by August? I think we all saw this coming after getting so many bands that quick.
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:41 am

Downvod wrote:
    bodomdragon wrote:On Sunday it will be three months since the last announcement, thus becoming the second longest streak EVER without announcements. Good job once again :D

True, but wasn't it also a record to have 39 bands announced by August? I think we all saw this coming after getting so many bands that quick.

Yeah, I'm not really mad, I just find this amusing :) - contrary to oher years when we didn't have so many amazing bands, then it becomes very frustrating.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:35 pm

Yeah I agree. I've got so many great bands on the lineup that its not as frustrating as previous years :)

So far for me, the highlights are:

Utter 'bucket-list-never-seen-before' bands
    3 AMARANTHE, ORDEN OGAN, and POWERGLOVE

'Easily 10/10 love the shit out them' bands
    6 - ARCH ENEMY, HAGGARD, KAMELOT, ORPHANED LAND, THERION, XANDRIA

'wow cool looking forward to seeing them again or for the first time' bands
    9 - AMORPHIS, CRUACHAN, DRACONIAN, GRAVE DIGGER, KALMAH, OMNIUM GATHERUM, SALTATIO MORTIS, SERENITY, ULI JON ROTH

Add to that a bunch of others I wouldn't mind checking out time permitting (Annihilator, Anthrax, Testament, etc) and thal already adds up to WAAAAAY more sets than I've ever managed to catch on previous 70Ks :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:49 pm

I'll join the Pavlovian Cruisers' club too. :lol:
    Not that the lineup is that good (ok, fair enough, there's Draconian, Amaranthe and Nile and some others), but I just have so much going on that I don't care. Flights, accommodation and a rental car for Florida have all been booked, so I can just sit back and enjoy all the good stuff before the trip. Just bought a new apartment and am almost done with remodeling it, I have a girlie metal event coming up this weekend in Tallinn, a work trip with a Yule party to Denmark in two weeks, Tallinn Metal Meeting (our own "festival" which is basically just a bunch of metalheads taking over Tallinn for a weekend; no bands) in mid December and a trip to see Asphyx in Berlin two weeks before I fly to Florida. Could be worse. :beerwink:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:39 am

I am thinking we won't be getting Heike with Draconian. They had Lisa Cuthbert singing for her in Israel last weekend and Lisa posted on Facebook saying she will be going to Madrid Is The Dark Fest in Spain, the next Draconian gig. It was never mentioned that Lisa would be replacing Heike in Israel. I find it a bit fucked up that no one in Draconian says a word about this..
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:11 am

Yeah, noticed that too. Really weird for them to offer no real explanation as to why she wasn't with the band in Israel.
    This bit
    Unfortunately, the resident visa-situation of our vocalist Heike Langhans is still ongoing, so the brilliant Lisa Cuthbert will again reside with us for upcoming shows.

really seems a bit vague.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:11 pm

I asked Draconian and Lisa if it would be Lisa in Spain and 70000 Tons and get no response..
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:55 pm

That Draconian situation is bizarre. Wonder what is going on there?

And we are now in the second longest announcement drought ever.

Anything could happen, but my guess is we will see a few (maybe half a dozen) announcements start to come through around mid December, then the rest of them to start coming through around the second week of January.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:37 pm

Downvod wrote:

Doing a comparison with the last 2 cruises:

39 (and 40) bands announced by 3rd of October. 41st not until December 30.

39 (and 40) by 15th of January

So yeah we are still waaaay in front compared to 2015 and now on par with 2016.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Rjturtle9
    Crewman

by Rjturtle9 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:13 am

The suspense is killing me! My ocd is screaming in my head for them to announce just one band to make it an even 40.
    Angra-Amon Amarth-Autopsy-Cancer-Cavalera Conspiracy-Chthonic-Coroner-Iron Reagan-Kreator-Masacre-Mayham-Necrophagist-Nightwish-Nuclear Assault-Obituary-Obscura-Onslaught-Overkill-Pagans Mind-Razor-Revocation-Sonata Arctica-Toxik-Ulver-Unisonic
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:16 am

Rjturtle9 wrote:The suspense is killing me! My ocd is screaming in my head for them to announce just one band to make it an even 40.

Given that Psycroptic is going to be the next band announced, will it really be that satisfying when it happens?
    ***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

70 Days To Departure!

by Andy » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:00 pm

In exactly 70 days you will be onbroad 70000TONS OF METAL 2017, sailing with 60 Metal Bands and 2999 other Metalheads from around the World on a 154,000ton Cruise Ship to Labadee!

Do you have your ticket booked yet? Don’t miss your chance... book NOW!

70 Days to 70000TONS OF METAL 2017, Round 7 of The Original! The World’s Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise!

• sara
    Petty Officer

Re: Snappin' Necks All The Way To Labadee

by sara » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:16 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:
    sara wrote:
    deathmetalpat wrote:Never heard of Stuck Mojo but they are supposed to be a more Right -wing rap metal band.Another USA band and if Hillary wins they could play this song about Bill
    Lyrics to Crooked Figurehead
    "You lied connived and pressed flesh till 1600 was
    your address.
    The chameleon at the podium whose words cause pandemonium.
    A nation under stress, you must confess about an executive mess "
    But Trumpy will be president so even that won't matter :bmhorns:

Good god damn, I just threw up in my mouth a little!

So what does that taste like :beerhorns:

It tastes like orange bile, I think. The taste is still there, maybe the alcohol on the cruise will be enough to wash it out for awhile? :bitch:

Two months out, I have to admit I'm a little excited for the announcements to start again. Maybe Christmas? Maybe one week out, heh.

Anyway, happy Turkey Day to my fellow Murricans.
    Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

Re: 70 Days To Departure!

by Phoenix » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:40 pm

oh hey, well it looks like Andy is still alive.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:59 am

Phoenix wrote:oh hey, well it looks like Andy is still alive.

Step 1. Copy an old message previously posted
    Step 2. Replace number of days remaining with actual number
    Step 3. Get someone to make a fancy picture (if you are organized, you'll have done this several months ago)
    Step 4. Post.
    Step 5. ...?
    Step 6. Profit.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
  • AceHugger
    Petty Officer

by AceHugger » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:29 am

General Zod wrote: It’s also easier to do than to break through the unflinching machinery of the Top 40 universe. That usually requires the types of connections that most musicians simply don’t enjoy.

Yeah,....I getcha (wink)

Say no more!
    2017 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
    2018 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:48 am

bodomdragon wrote:Step 1. Copy an old message previously posted
    Step 2. Replace number of days remaining with actual number
    Step 3. Get someone to make a fancy picture (if you are organized, you'll have done this several months ago)
    Step 4. Post.
    Step 5. ...?
    Step 6. Profit.

Never said he was well, just "alive" :P

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • sara
    Petty Officer

by sara » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:48 pm

Nice to see it's 60 days now. This year's felt like it breezed past. It'll be fun when the announcements start pouring in last minute, and then there will be more activity here, huh? Demo Hammer's gonna be pretty sick, too.
    Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:10 am

Shhh, you've awoken the thread, look at what happens to you now: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cyE1zoU_h-0
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:52 pm

Is it Feb yet? I'm ready to PAR-TAY.
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:08 pm

BOAT!
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:06 pm

BANDS!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:44 pm

I want some damn bands!! And not a pile of shit bands!
    70000 Tons 2019
    Rjturtle9
    Crewman

by Rjturtle9 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:08 pm

Razor Ramon wrote:Image

SICK!
    Angra-Amon Amarth-Autopsy-Cancer-Cavalera Conspiracy-Chthonic-Coroner-Iron Reagan-Kreator-Masacre-Mayham-Necrophagist-Nightwish-Nuclear Assault-Obituary-Obscura-Onslaught-Overkill-Pagans Mind-Razor-Revocation-Sonata Arctica-Toxik-Ulver-Unisonic
    Jephi
    Oiler

by Jephi » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:53 am

Are the Cripper bands usually announced about now? Or is that closer to sailing time?
    2012 * BTH * 2015 * 2016 * 2017 * 2020
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:01 am

BOAT! BANDS! BEACH!

TACO BAR!!!

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:20 pm

Jephi wrote:Are the Cripper bands usually announced about now? Or is that closer to sailing time?

This year the bulk of the cripper-award-worthy bands got announced late December (Twilight Force, Abinchova, Painful) then in the last few days before the cruise.

2015 cruise it was the second week of January onwards

So my predictions is that we will probably get a couple of better known bands announced between now and new year's - that is Psycroptic and Candlemass.

We will then get 10 or 12 crippers and 2 or 3 better known, bands in January.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • JARI
    Petty Officer

by JARI » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:51 am

This year i feel cold. Thailand 3 months before cruise +25 celsius feels cold. But anyway drink more beer, your eyes still moving. :whisky:
    :cheers:
    70k survivor 2013
    70k survivor 2015
    2017 cabin 6223
    metalgoddess
    Midshipman

by metalgoddess » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:15 pm

I'm getting excited about seeing you all again!

Stellar lineup so far!

Thrash! :bangers:
    70K 2011 - 5062
    70K 2012 - 8568
    Barge 2012 - 6520
    70K 2014 - 8092
    70K 2015 - 7584
    70K 2017 - 6517
    70K 2018 - 6451
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:23 pm

Looks like interest is picking up again, Andy, time to catch those eyeballs with some announcements.

metalgoddess wrote:I'm getting excited about seeing you all again!

Stellar lineup so far!

Thrash! :bangers:

Funny how we live probably 10 miles from each other, and will be in the same shows 4000 miles away without knowing it!
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:16 pm

Looking at past years, and the announcements we've had between now and new years to fill in my lunch break:

14 Dec Dusk Machine
    24 Dec Destruction and Malevolent Creation
    17 Dec Annihilator
    21 Dec Channel Zero
    25 Dec Kataklysm
    01 Jan Pentagram
    01 Jan Orphaned Land and Crowbar
    18 Dec Delain and Heidevolk
    20 Dec Three Inches of Blookd
    21 Dec Onslaught
    29 Dec Sinister
    24 Dec Raven, Orphaned Land, Rising Storm
    28 Dec Haggard, Pungent Stench, Izegrim, Vicious Rumors
    17 Dec Pretty Maids, Destruction
    18 Dec 1349
    19 Dec Trollfest
    23 Dec Refuge
    01 Jan Melechesh
    30 Dec Eluveitie
    31 Dec Twilight Force, Abinchova, Painful

There has nearly always been something I've REALLY liked so I'm hoping the trend continues :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:11 am

Kataklysm please.
    ***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine
    Kingslayer
    Chief Petty Officer

by Kingslayer » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:28 am

it's 49 days away from sailing, and to be honest, the wait gets increasingly more difficult with each passing day. Like, I'm sure I'll make it, but damn...
    2016: 9231
    2017: 6521
    2018: Don't even remember

Wishlist: Candlemass, Devin Townsend Project, Doomsword, Dzo-nga, Ex Deo, Gloryhammer, Grand Magus, Hypocrisy, King Diamond, Nile, Powerwolf, Primordial, Running Wild, Steel Panther
    PacNW
    Crewman

by PacNW » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:46 pm

I mean, it'll probably be pretty cool, I guess. I might have a good time.
    2012, 2017 - 6223, 2018 - 6387
  • AceHugger
    Petty Officer

by AceHugger » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:49 am

Kingslayer wrote:it's 49 days away from sailing, and to be honest, the wait gets increasingly more difficult with each passing day. Like, I'm sure I'll make it, but damn...

I know exactly what you mean. - I realised that after almost 6 months of waiting we're actually flying ot Miami NEXT MONTH!!!

very, very excited.

All I want for Christmas now is either some Announcements,

.......OR......

for Andy to hold off for an inordinately long time, so that we smash the previous 'longest wait' for announcements and set a new unbreakable record. (Hell, we may as well, - we're so close now)

Viva la 2017

:metalguy:
    2017 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
    2018 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
    metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalmaciejmetal » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:19 am

So how about those band announcements. Those were fun
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
  • ExtraneouS
    Petty Officer

by ExtraneouS » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:03 am

AceHugger wrote:All I want for Christmas now is either some Announcements,

.......OR......

for Andy to hold off for an inordinately long time, so that we smash the previous 'longest wait' for announcements and set a new unbreakable record. (Hell, we may as well, - we're so close now)

Well for that to happen, the next announcement would be around Feb 12, so I don't think it'll happen. :lol:
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:02 pm

Went from not knowing to Orden Ogan
    To putting together their live se list
    To liking it enough to check them out
    To listening to all the albums on Apple
    To really liking them
    This is why we need announcements
    But at least this year ,there is more than enough for me to see already.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:46 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:Went from not knowing to Orden Ogan
    To putting together their live se list
    To liking it enough to check them out
    To listening to all the albums on Apple
    To really liking them
    This is why we need announcements
    But at least this year ,there is more than enough for me to see already.

Everyone agrees with you.

Everyone except the skipper that is :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • sara
    Petty Officer

by sara » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:52 pm

If Andy Claus gives us Batushka for Christmas, I would be so happy.

But really, I expect January's gonna be pretty crazy with announcements. We had some really great ones really late in the game last time.
  • Post Reply 3265 posts