Post Reply 3265 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2017 Megathread
    cowboy71
    Commander

Re: The Best Of The West

by cowboy71 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:14 pm

General Zod wrote:Based on last year's line up, I was expecting a bit more power metal than we have to date. Maybe some of that is in the offing.

Kind of the opposite thinking from me. Given the abundance of power metal on the 2016 I was not expecting there to be too much on 2017.

Always hopeful of course as its my favourite genre along with the symphonic stuff.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • macamatic
    Petty Officer

Re: Need Another One?

by macamatic » Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:08 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:
    Rjturtle9 wrote:I can pretty much confirm that Overkill is playing this.

That would be highly out of the ordinary because they are touring after the cruise with Nile and Amorphis.Seems to be some unstated rule that, an entire USA tour that starts after cruise ,can not be on the ship.Many times 2 out of three or fours bands but can't think of any time an entire tour with 3 or more bands did the cruise.

Not after, but Epica, Moonspell, and Starkill went on a short east coast tour leading up to this past cruise.
    2017: 6523 | 2018: 2546

Want: Ancient Bards, Dark Tranquillity, Deadlock, Disarmonia Mundi, In Mourning, Insomnium, Symphony X, The Unguided, Wintersun, Within Temptation
  • sara
    Petty Officer

by sara » Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:29 pm

Sgt. B wrote:Not a Cattle Decapitation fan. Glad others are happy.

As for the "N" artist that appears to be next, Nuclear Assault, Napalm Death, Novembers Doom, Necrophobic, Noctem, Naglfar or Ne Obliviscarius would be acceptable to me. I am fully expecting to be disappointed though.

I think November's Doom was on last year? They had a special shirt.

I could get into some Noisem, Nuclear Assault, Napalm Death or Naglfar.

If we had Nuclear Assault, we already have Anthrax, so we'd have half of SOD. Stormtroopers of Beer is a thing for MDF though I'm not really expecting it on the ship or know which guys are in it. I've heard Scott Ian saying he's over SOD. Just some thoughts. *shrug*

Cattle Decap is an awesome add.
    Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:00 pm

CATTLE DECAPITATION

As far as N goes I'll take Novembre, Ne Obliviscaris, or Naglfar.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:49 pm

Warphine wrote:I heard Ne Obliviscaris is recording a new album during the cruise next year so they are out.

I hope that doesn't rule them out completely....not that I'm expecting them to be announced.

Plus, 70K had a chance to snag them this year, while they were already in Florida AND left their touring schedule open during the cruise, and blew it.

I've been vocally upset at 70K about this since last February...but I'm reliably informed now that this wasn't the case. In any event, I'm officially recanting my previous vitriolic comments, and slightly more hopeful for 2017.

Australia is a LOOONG way away, though.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:12 pm

Pellaz wrote:I've been vocally upset at 70K about this since last February...but I'm reliably informed now that this wasn't the case. In any event, I'm officially recanting my previous vitriolic comments, and slightly more hopeful for 2017.

What wasn't the case? Their touring schedule definitely put them in Florida before the cruise, and they didn't book any shows for the week of 70K until it was clear they weren't going to be announced. Seemed like an easy addition for 70K. So what about this is wrong?
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:17 pm

"N"... I'm at a loss, but if it's Nine Treasures I'll buy Jess a drink.
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
    Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer

by Hoppy McGee » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:18 pm

So pumped to be seeing Cattle Decapitation onbroad!!!! :headbanger:

If the "Stay Tu"N"ed" part is actually a hint then the only thing I can think of would be Nasty Savage.....the frontman was known for smashing television sets over his head during live shows :lol:

I'm perfectly fine with the lineup as it stands right now.....I'm already sure I'm gonna be making some difficult choices and will need to sacrifice some shows onbroad. If the next one is Ne Obliviscaris, Naglfar or Necrophobic it's gonna be even more difficult!
    70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
    MY.LITTLE.WISHLIST_____**CAPS=MOST.WANTED**
    /-3.Inches.of.Blood.(Reunion)-/1914-/-ABBATH-/-Abysmal.Dawn-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMON.AMARTH-/-Amorphis-/-ARCHSPIRE-/-Armored.Saint-/-Asphyx-/-At.the.Gates-/-AUTOPSY-/-Battlelore-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Fast-/-Bölzer-/-CARCASS-/-CATTLE.DECAPITATION-/-Cloak-/-Craven.Idol-/-Crypt.Sermon-/-Critical.Mess-/-DARK.FORTRESS-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Demonical-/-Desaster-/-Deserted.Fear-/-DESTROYER.666-/-DISMEMBER-/-Draconian-/-Drakwald-/-DYING.FETUS-/-Dyscarnate-/-Gatecreeper-/-Finntroll-/-GHOUL-/-Goatwhore-/-GOJIRA-/-Gorod-/-Grave-/-Gruesome-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Hath-/-High.on.Fire-/-Hooded.Menace-/-HORRENDOUS-/-Horrified-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Immolation-/-Inanimate.Existence-/-Insomnium-/-Jungle.Rot-/-Kaoteon-/-Katatonia-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Khemmis-/-King.Goat-/-King.of.Asgard-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-LEGION.OF.THE.DAMNED-/-LIK-/-Magic.Circle-/-Mammoth.Grinder-/-Master-/-Mastodon-/-MGLA-/-MIDNIGHT-/-MISERY.INDEX-/-Moonspell-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Necrophobic-/-Necrot-/-Okkultist-/-Orange.Goblin-/-Ossuarium-/-Outre.Tomb-/-Possessed-/-Powerwolf-/-PRIMORDIAL-/-Protector-/-Psycroptic-/-Revocation-/-Ripper-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Ruby.the.Hatchet-/-Sacred.Monster-/-SATAN-/-Skálmöld-/-Skeletal.Remains-/-SOEN-/-SULPHUR.AEON-/-Taake-/-TANKARD-/-Temple.of.Void-/-Testament-/-The.Crown-/-THULCANDRA-/-Thyrfing-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tribulation-/-Uada-/-Unleashed-/-VADER-/-Venom.Inc.-/-Watain-/-Xentrix/{white=booked}/{red=ruled.out}
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:22 pm

Pellaz wrote:Australia is a LOOONG way away, though.

Yup - costs a shit-ton to fly from Australia to Miami. And Psycroptic are already flying over from Australia.

I cannot see all six members of NeO being flown over just for the cruise. You are talking $10,000 in flights for the band members alone.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:31 pm

Warphine wrote:
    Pellaz wrote:I've been vocally upset at 70K about this since last February...but I'm reliably informed now that this wasn't the case. In any event, I'm officially recanting my previous vitriolic comments, and slightly more hopeful for 2017.

What wasn't the case? Their touring schedule definitely put them in Florida before the cruise, and they didn't book any shows for the week of 70K until it was clear they weren't going to be announced. Seemed like an easy addition for 70K. So what about this is wrong?

NeO was offered a slot on the cruise, but at the bitter end they were financially unable to do it due to tour-related expenses.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:35 pm

My guess is going to be Neurosis ,Best of the West might refer to them also.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:41 pm

sara wrote:
    I think November's Doom was on last year? They had a special shirt.

You are correct. I was thinking they were on the 2015 cruise for some reason.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:52 pm

My guess is Napalm Death, since they were just touring with Cattle Decapitation.
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:01 pm

Pellaz wrote:NeO was offered a slot on the cruise, but at the bitter end they were financially unable to do it due to tour-related expenses.

Thank you for clarifying. Glad to know they were offered the spot at least!

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:33 pm

I want the N band to be Nightmare. Because you all know how much I love repeats. :lol:
    But, yes, please be Nightmare.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:04 am

I'm surprised nobody commented on the fact that the 't' of "tuned" was capitalized, which usually indicates a letter from the band's initials.
    So 'T' and 'N', maybe?
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:25 am

Pellaz wrote:NeO was offered a slot on the cruise, but at the bitter end they were financially unable to do it due to tour-related expenses.

That's not what I heard, but I don't feel like beating a dead horse anymore :)
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
  • CFH
    Crewman

by CFH » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:05 am

Godflesh wrote:I'm surprised nobody commented on the fact that the 't' of "tuned" was capitalized, which usually indicates a letter from the band's initials.
    So 'T' and 'N', maybe?

This also crossed my mind. Maybe "The NXXXXX"?
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:11 am

I have the feeling that it's time for one of those bands most of us have never heard about.
    Wishlist:
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

• AceHugger
    Petty Officer

by AceHugger » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:40 am

cowboy71 wrote:
    How about something a bit lighter now Skipper?

..ickleback?

Couldn't bring myself to type the whole name. Lol.

Actually all joking aside have played a great drinking karaoke game associated to... them. At a rockeoke event where I used to live a bunch of us all put a fiver into a hat then drew names. The "winner" got the cash IF and only IF they did a NB song at karaoke AND legitimately put some effort in. The results were... varied. Hahaha. Maybe if I'm drunk enough on the boat I'll suggest it. Not sure what the conversion rate would be though maybe like $10 each instead of £5.

In all seriousness though. Napalm death, nevermore, nighrwish, nailbomb, nekrogoblicon, neurosis, norma jean, NIN (!!) Nonpoint, etc...

And yes I know that nailbomb isn't possible due to max being on tour etc... I was just mind dumping.

What's the possibility of nin though...? Less than none?
    I hear old rezzy does like a good tanning session lol.

My fiancee suggested necromancia...

cowboy71 wrote:
    Pellaz wrote:Australia is a LOOONG way away, though.

Yup - costs a shit-ton to fly from Australia to Miami. And Psycroptic are already flying over from Australia.

Maybe they can car-share to reduce costs?
    Last edited by AceHugger on Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:05 am, edited 3 times in total.
    2017 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
    2018 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
  • AceHugger
    Petty Officer

Re: Need Another One?

by AceHugger » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:49 am

deathmetalpat wrote:
    Rjturtle9 wrote:I can pretty much confirm that Overkill is playing this.

That would be highly out of the ordinary because they are touring after the cruise with Nile and Amorphis.Seems to be some unstated rule that, an entire USA tour that starts after cruise ,can not be on the ship.Many times 2 out of three or fours bands but can't think of any time an entire tour with 3 or more bands did the cruise.

There's always a first.
    2017 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
    2018 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:41 am

Godflesh wrote:I'm surprised nobody commented on the fact that the 't' of "tuned" was capitalized, which usually indicates a letter from the band's initials.
    So 'T' and 'N', maybe?

Metal has very few "The" bands and usually when one plays the cruise "The" is dropped off for the alphabetical order.I found a band that could totally fit that clue ,theNAME https://youtu.be/YOZBQ2KlBFU .They don't appear to be active or broken up.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
  • CFH
    Crewman

by CFH » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:52 am

deathmetalpat wrote:
    So 'T' and 'N', maybe?

usually when one plays the cruise "The" is dropped off for the alphabetical order.

The Haunted were listed between Pungent Stench and Twilight Of The Gods in 2014, so there are exceptions.
  • JARI
    Petty Officer

by JARI » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:59 am

Don't care if its thrash
    70k survivor 2013
    70k survivor 2015
    2017 cabin 6223
    metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalmaciejmetal » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:06 am

General Zod wrote:
    Heck, Loomis is already on the boat.

He is?

Regarding Cattle Decapitation, i'll put that in the same category as Devil Driver, zero sets for me.

I might as well make another guess based on nothing other than personal taste, N will be Nightrage
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:11 am

metalmaciejmetal wrote:
    General Zod wrote:
    Heck, Loomis is already on the boat.

He is?

Yeah, he's playing with Arch Enemy now.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:26 am

metalmaciejmetal wrote:Regarding Cattle Decapitation, i'll put that in the same category as Devil Driver, zero sets for me.

I think that may be the first time those two bands have ever been put in the same category.

I'm curious how many people are passing on Cattle Decapitation based on the name or their earlier material, when they were a grind band. The new material is super polished, well executed and has some sizable hooks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8t8g8lU4ms

Give it to the chorus at the 2:23 mark.
    ***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine
    metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalmaciejmetal » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:36 am

Phoenix wrote:Yeah, he's playing with Arch Enemy now.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Shows how little I care for that band.

General Zod wrote:I'm curious how many people are passing on Cattle Decapitation based on the name or their earlier material,

That's pretty much the reason. I didn't care for them in the early 2000s and never took a second look. That and I don't like grindcore. I'll give the link a listen since you're recommending it.
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:38 am

General Zod wrote:I'm curious how many people are passing on Cattle Decapitation based on the name or their earlier material, when they were a grind band. The new material is super polished, well executed and has some sizable hooks.

Exactly. I used to listen to them in the past and enjoyed them but I like them a lot more with their past couple of albums.

I really dig this track too... and that chorus...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szOlMfoN-jU

They played this live when I saw them and it was massive.

• Andy
    THE SKIPPER

Return Of The NIGHTMARE

by Andy » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:08 am

The winners of the 2013 "Cripper Award", NIGHTMARE will haunt you twice onbroad 70000TONS OF METAL 2017; once on the way to Labadee and once on the way back!

There's something out in the foggy distance... It looks like a "G"!

metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: Return Of The NIGHTMARE

by metalmaciejmetal » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:18 am

Nightmare as in these guys? http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Nightmare/2727

I was going through about a dozen Nightmare bands on metal archives until I found the French one. Old school, I will have to look into this.
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:19 am

Meh.

No idea where the new clue is pointing. I checked all bands that have previously played the cruise and start with G, and it doesn't seem to match any of them (there are only a handful of them anyway).
    Wishlist:

acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:26 am

Brace yourselves. A happy wookie is coming.

As for the "G", weren't Grand Magus predicted?
    Last edited by acidbasement on Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:28 am

Something tells me it's Cripper time.

I would have guessed Gorod, but even they appear to be too well known to fit this clue.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • elj4176
    Petty Officer

by elj4176 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:32 am

Graves at sea?
    Survivor 2016, 2017

pics from 2016
    https://flic.kr/s/aHskFsgBhm
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:34 am

A friend of mine just suggested Ghost Ship Octavius. Kinda fits, doesn't it?
    Wishlist:

• Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:37 am

bodomdragon wrote:A friend of mine just suggested Ghost Ship Octavius. Kinda fits, doesn't it?

I immediately thought of them as well. I really really hope so. If anyone has never heard of them, they put out one of the best debut albums I've ever heard. Awesome stuff.
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:41 am

Ghost Ship Octavius is a great band and they have the drummer from Nevermore! Let's do this Nevermore reunion UMC!!!!

• CFH
    Crewman

by CFH » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:43 am

Well, could the next one be that Grand Magnus band, who said that they are going to be on the cruise? Either way, have no interest in Nightmare or Grand Magnus, so might just wait for the next clue.
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:49 am

I'd be happy with either Grand Magus or GSO as I like both bands. The clue almost certainly points to GSO though.

• Post Reply 3265 posts