Post Reply 3266 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2017 Megathread
  • Soundchaser
    Petty Officer

Re: Return Of The NIGHTMARE

by Soundchaser » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:01 am

bodomdragon wrote:Meh.

No idea where the new clue is pointing. I checked all bands that have previously played the cruise and start with G, and it doesn't seem to match any of them (there are only a handful of them anyway).

"Gotthard" (the Mountain as well as the Band) wouldn't be too far from Grenoble, where Nightmare are from.
    70kt Survivor: 2013 / 2014 / 2015 / 2016 / 2017
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:12 am

It's definitely Ghost Ship Octavius. If you haven't heard them go listen to their album, it rules.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
  • elj4176
    Petty Officer

by elj4176 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:13 am

Gatecreeper? They play in Texas on 2/1 and then in Florida in March.
    Survivor 2016, 2017

pics from 2016
    https://flic.kr/s/aHskFsgBhm
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:45 am

Nightmare are great!Their pool deck show was awesome and I had no idea who they where before,glad I know them now .
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:49 am

metalmaciejmetal wrote:Nightmare as in these guys? http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Nightmare/2727

I was going through about a dozen Nightmare bands on metal archives until I found the French one. Old school, I will have to look into this.

Yes ,they had a different singer in 2013.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:54 am

I'd happily take Grand Magus, Ghost Ship Octavius, Gatecreeper or even Gmon Gmarth.
    ***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

Memnoch

by Memnoch » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:05 pm

acidbasement wrote:Brace yourselves. A happy wookie is coming

:lol:

I guess this Nightmare band will make some people happy. :beerwink:

I wouldn't mind Gorod for the next band.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:09 pm

NIGHTMARE

G, Green Carnation or Grave Miasma, it won't be either of those..
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Liv-Kristine-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Asphyx-/-Wintersun-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-The-Foreshadowing-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Saturnus-/-Noumena-/-Blackthorn-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Dark-Fortress-/-Orphaned-Land-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Novembers-Doom-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:19 pm

The new singer for Nightmare Magali Luytens is ex-Beautiful Sin ,they have one album and I freaking love it!I am overjoyed,their new album is quite like Beautiful Sin but heavier.Love her voice,never thought I get to see her live.And I actually wait to get her to sign my cd,doubt there will be a line.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:53 pm

I had never heard of Nightmare, but Magali Luytens has some serious pipes. Looking forward to these guys.
    ***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine
    metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalmaciejmetal » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:22 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:The new singer for Nightmare Magali Luytens is ex-Beautiful Sin ,they have one album and I freaking love it!I am overjoyed,their new album is quite like Beautiful Sin but heavier.Love her voice,never thought I get to see her live.And I actually wait to get her to sign my cd,doubt there will be a line.

These guys look to have been through quite a few changes. This band seems interesting so far, now its just a matter of checking out their music. France doesn't really come to mind when it comes to metal.
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:50 pm

Magali Luyten sings for them now? Count me in. She's excellent. :headbanger:

Since she's already on broad, can we get Beyond the Bridge too?
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:14 pm

Okay looked though the hellhole of Facebook comments and it is true that the Amore brothers left Nightmare and formed Now or Never.But 3/5 of the band that played 2013 are in the band and Magali is killer and can definitely handle the older material.Just listen to the 4 latest studio albums (including the only one with her) and that is what Nightmare is now.I am shocked that 3 smaller bands announced the last week are definitely 1/2 setters,as I usually get nothing at the last group of bands.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:28 pm

deathmetalpat wrote: I usually get nothing at the last group of bands.

Yeah - me same.

15 to go now. I saw zero sets from any of the last 15 announced this year, and the only one I saw of the last 15 the previous year was Wintersun.

So, I don't have high hopes :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Downvod
    Chief Petty Officer

by Downvod » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:13 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    deathmetalpat wrote: I usually get nothing at the last group of bands.

Yeah - me same.

15 to go now. I saw zero sets from any of the last 15 announced this year, and the only one I saw of the last 15 the previous year was Wintersun.

So, I don't have high hopes :P

Based on your tastes, I really think you would enjoy Ghost Ship Octavius.
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402

Abbath-/-Aeternam-/-Aetherian-/-Aether.Realm-/-Alestorm-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-At.the.Gates-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE’LAKOR-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carach.Angren-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Cruachan-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-DEATH.ANGEL-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-De.Profundis-/-Devin.Townsend-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Emperor-/-Enslaved-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Exodus-/-Finntroll-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghost.Ship.Octavius-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Havok-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Iced.Earth-/-IHSAHN-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-In.Mourning-/-Insomnium-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-MELECHESH-/-Mgla-/-MOONSORROW-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Obscura-/-Omnium.Gatherum-/-Oni-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-SOILWORK-/-Solution.45-/-Sunburst-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-Taake-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WINTERSUN-/-Witchery-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    Lala
    Midshipman

by Lala » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:14 am

2011 - survived - 2012 - survived - 2013 - survived - 2014 - survived - 2015 - survived - 2016 - survived - 2017 - survived - 2018 - survived - 2019 - survived - 2020 - yes - 2021 - NO

www.lalasreisen.de
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:51 am

I'm an anti-oracle, since I think none of my guesses have been correct in two years, and as you know, being 100% wrong is as statistically significant as being 100% right.
    So from now on, I think I should post my guesses in the "Bands likely ruled out" thread :D
    In an attempt to jinx this, I do think that Ghost Ship Octavius (which is a band from my adoptive hometown, but that I've never seen or heard), is the next band to be announced.
    Agnostic.Front-/-Akercocke-/-Alien.Weaponry-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Anaal.Nathrakh-/-Animals.As.Leaders-/-Behemoth-/-Between.The.Buried.And.Me-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Star.Riders-/-Body.Count-/-Brujeria-/-Candiria-/-Candlemass-/-Cattle.Decapitation-/-Combichrist-/-Dark.Angel-/-Deicide-/-Dethklok-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-DRI-/-Entombed-/-Evile-/-Fear.Factory-/-Flotsam.and.Jetsam-/-Frog.Leap-/-Ghost-/-Godflesh-/-Gojira-/-Green.Carnation-/-Gutalax-/-Hatebreed-/-Iron.Reagan-/-Jungle.Rot-/-KMFDM-/-Kvelertak-/-Lost.Society-/-Loudblast-/-Manowar-/-Melechesh-/-Memoriam-/-Mercyful.Fate-/-Ministry-/-M.O.D.-/-Morbid.Angel-/-Morgoth-/-Municipal.Waste-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Nails-/-Nuclear.Assault-/-Pig.Destroyer-/-Power.Trip-/-Protector-/-Rivers.Of.Nihil-/-Ross.The.Boss-/-Sacred.Reich-/-Saxon-/-Six.Feet.Under-/-Sleep-/-Stormtroopers.of.Beer-/-Suffocation-/-Suicidal.Tendencies-/-Tankard-/-Terrorizer-/-The.Crown-/-The.Faceless-/-The.Great.Old.Ones-/-The.Zenith.Passage-/-Thin.Lizzy-/-Triptykon-/-Trust-/-Tsjuder-/-Twelve.Foot.Ninja-/-UFO-/-Upon.A.Burning.Body-/-Vio-lence-/-Wrath-/-Xibalba
    Luxi
    Oiler

by Luxi » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:29 am

Hmmm... "G" for Gravedigger perhaps?

It cannot be Ghost for sure...
    Wish list for 2017:

Sadistic Intent, Hellwitch, Demilich, Infernäl Mäjesty, Sacrifice (Can), Razor, Possessed, Immolation, Hobbs' Angel of Death, Morbid Saint, Autopsy, Dr. Shrinker, Nuclear Assault, Denying Nazarene, Destructor, Morgoth.
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:39 am

Luxi wrote:Hmmm... "G" for Gravedigger perhaps?

They're already on the boat.
  • zboy
    Oiler

by zboy » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:00 am

Next up should be gwar
    metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalmaciejmetal » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:01 am

zboy wrote:Next up should be gwar

excellent choice. However I believe the cruise line has some sort of rules against slaughtering the passengers, crew and bands.
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
    jdch28
    Crewman

by jdch28 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:44 am

Downvod wrote:
    bodomdragon wrote:A friend of mine just suggested Ghost Ship Octavius. Kinda fits, doesn't it?

I immediately thought of them as well. I really really hope so. If anyone has never heard of them, they put out one of the best debut albums I've ever heard. Awesome stuff.

I can't thank you guys enough. Never heard of them before... Now I can't stop listening to their album!

2017 Survivor (9361)
    2018 Survivor (2618)
    2018 Booked (2332)
    Decibel
    Oiler

by Decibel » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:48 pm

I saw GSO in Vancouver and it was mesmerising. They put on an excellent show and the ambience that goes with it.
    Downvod
    Chief Petty Officer

by Downvod » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:12 pm

metalmaciejmetal wrote:
    zboy wrote:Next up should be gwar

excellent choice. However I believe the cruise line has some sort of rules against slaughtering the passengers, crew and bands.

Well, apparently no one told that to Ghoul last year....
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402

Abbath-/-Aeternam-/-Aetherian-/-Aether.Realm-/-Alestorm-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-At.the.Gates-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE’LAKOR-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carach.Angren-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Cruachan-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-DEATH.ANGEL-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-De.Profundis-/-Devin.Townsend-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Emperor-/-Enslaved-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Exodus-/-Finntroll-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghost.Ship.Octavius-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Havok-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Iced.Earth-/-IHSAHN-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-In.Mourning-/-Insomnium-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-MELECHESH-/-Mgla-/-MOONSORROW-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Obscura-/-Omnium.Gatherum-/-Oni-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-SOILWORK-/-Solution.45-/-Sunburst-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-Taake-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WINTERSUN-/-Witchery-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

Cruise Ship Octavius

by Andy » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:34 pm

We're still being haunted... Please welcome GHOST SHIP OCTAVIUS onbroad 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World’s Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise!

"A"nother one will keep you spinning...

• Mark
    Petty Officer

Re: Cruise Ship Octavius

by Mark » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:02 pm

Hell yeah!
    Didn't know about them 3 days ago, gave them a try on Spotify and wow, that album is REALLY good :viking:
    Alestorm/Amaranthe/Anneke/Avantasia/Blind Guardian/Civil War/Devin Townsend/Apokalyptische Reiter/Edguy/Ensiferum/Equilibrium/Falconer/Gloryhammer/Grave Digger/Heidevolk/Korpiklaani/Omnium Gatherum/Powerwolf/Rage/Sabaton/Saxon/Therion/Trollfest/Wintersun
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:05 pm

Atrophy please :givebeer:
    alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:30 pm

Nice! Like others, I hadn't listened to them before I heard murmurs in the last couple days. I like them. As a matter of fact, I had them on Spotify when I noticed this announcement. Best case scenario for a later add I'd say.
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:36 pm

GHOST SHIP OCTAVIUS

I predict another thumbs down coming real soon..
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Liv-Kristine-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Asphyx-/-Wintersun-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-The-Foreshadowing-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Saturnus-/-Noumena-/-Blackthorn-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Dark-Fortress-/-Orphaned-Land-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Novembers-Doom-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
  • macamatic
    Petty Officer

by macamatic » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:43 pm

Warphine wrote:I'd be happy with either Grand Magus or GSO as I like both bands. The clue almost certainly points to GSO though.

Called it like a champ. Well played.

I keep getting excited about the As. Not doing it this time. Bring on Artillery or Anvil or whatever.
    2017: 6523 | 2018: 2546

Want: Ancient Bards, Dark Tranquillity, Deadlock, Disarmonia Mundi, In Mourning, Insomnium, Symphony X, The Unguided, Wintersun, Within Temptation
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:44 pm

Andy wrote:"A"nother one will keep you spinning...

Things spin on their axis, and there is a band called "AXXIS".......
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:18 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Things spin on their axis, and there is a band called "AXXIS".......

But it also could mean nothing:

For Avatarium the clue was, "Think of the letter "A".
      For Misery Loves Co. the clue was "Another "M" is hiding just around the corner... who could it be?"
      For Nightmare the clue was, "Stay Tu"N"ed, we're not quite finished yet."

That said, if "spin" is the clue, than it's fairly obvious:

The globe spins
      The globe is the world
      Amon Amarth's best record is "Vs. the World"
      Therefore it's Amon Amarth

Last edited by General Zod on Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:19 pm

as much as I would like Armored Saint to be on the boat - I'm pretty sure they are ruled out as their Bassist Joey Vera who plays with Fates Warning are playing Europe during the cruise.

A John Bush / Anthrax reunion on the boat would kick major ass :cheers: :givebeer: :beerhorns:
    AceHugger
    Petty Officer

by AceHugger » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:24 pm

bodomdragon wrote:A friend of mine just suggested Ghost Ship Octavius. Kinda fits, doesn't it?

Yes. It does.

I'd like aborted but doesn't fit the clue.
    Kinda hoping for amon amarth mainly due to the volume of people who it seems would love it.
    Not my first choice, but then my first choice doesn't begin with A
    Last edited by AceHugger on Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    2017 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
    2018 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:27 pm

DragonLordJones wrote:Atrophy please :givebeer:

Yes This! They have asked me a few times how to get on the boat
    I would also take Autopsy :mrgreen:
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
  • sara
    Petty Officer

by sara » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:57 pm

DragonLordJones wrote:Atrophy please :givebeer:

Yes, I will take this. :beerbang:
    Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:25 pm

GSO will be an early in the day or very late at night band with just one album.At least give it a listen because I doubt there will be any conflict of scheduling,maybe Andy has finally figured out it would be nice to let people listen to the unknown bands before the cruise. :D
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:18 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:GSO will be an early in the day or very late at night band with just one album.At least give it a listen because I doubt there will be any conflict of scheduling,maybe Andy has finally figured out it would be nice to let people listen to the unknown bands before the cruise. :D

Yeah - hadn't heard of them previously. Gave the album a spin this morning. Definitely catching a set now :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:14 am

cowboy71 wrote:
    Andy wrote:"A"nother one will keep you spinning...

Things spin on their axis, and there is a band called "AXXIS".......

I would lose it if the next one is Axxis.
    Wishlist:
    AETERNAM--Alestorm--Allegaeon--
    Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Dark.Tranquillity--Devin.Townsend--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--DREAM.THEATER--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Freedom.call--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Helloween--IN.MOURNING--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--Kreator--Masterplan--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--Moonsorrow--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SABATON--Seven.Spires--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--SOEN--Soilwork--Stratovarius--SYMPHONY.X--TERAMAZE--_Tomorrows.Eve--Triosphere--Therion--THRESHOLD--Unisonic--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Wolfheart

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor | 2020: BOOKED
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:00 am

“A”nother one will keep you spinning = you will lose yor mind = A band with multiple request = Amon Amarth
    metal4ever
Post Reply 3266 posts