Post Reply 3265 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2017 Megathread
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: Cruise Ship Octavius

by broegaard » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:01 am

cowboy71 wrote:
    deathmetalpat wrote:GSO will be an early in the day or very late at night band with just one album.At least give it a listen because I doubt there will be any conflict of scheduling,maybe Andy has finally figured out it would be nice to let people listen to the unknown bands before the cruise. :D

Yeah - hadn't heard of them previously. Gave the album a spin this morning. Definitely catching a set now :)

I saw them this year during the ProgPower USA weekend. Good live band!!!
    metal4ever
    Zed3
    Petty Officer

by Zed3 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:21 am

broegaard wrote:“A”nother one will keep you spinning = you will lose yor mind = A band with multiple request = Amon Amarth

Let's hope you're right (as AA would be a 2-setter) even though I think it's more likely Axxis (about which i don't really care) ...

And if it's not Amon Amarth that's announced as a new year's gift I think we can stop hoping for them to be announced this year :(
    2017: Survivor - 2024: hoping I'll be back onboard

Wishlist 2024:
    ...And.Oceans-/-Aephanemer-/-Aeternam-/-Aether.Realm-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animalize-/-Avatarium-/-Be'lakor-/-Belzebubs-/-Bloodywood-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Brymir-/-Bucovina-/-Dawn.of.Solace-/-Destinity-/-Dirty.Shirt-/-Diviner-/-Dordeduh-/-Equilibrium-/-Eternal.Champion-/-Frozen.Crown-/-Frozen.Dawn-/-Fvneral.Fvkk-/-Ghoultown-/-High.Command-/-Immortal-/-In.Mourning-/-Kalmah-/-Konvent-/-Lagerstein-/-Majestica-/-Mantar-/-Moonspell-/-Municipal.Waste-/-Myrkur-/-Nanowar.of.Steel-/-Necrophobic-/-Nestor-/-Night.Demon-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Paladin.(atl)-/-Paradise.Lost-/-Serenity-/-Significant.Point-/-Steelbourne-/-Stormkeep-/-Tankard-/-The.Halo.Effect-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Therapy?-/-Therion-/-Tower.(nyc)-/-Undrask-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Wilderun-/-Wind.Rose-/-Wizdoom-/-Xaon
    Zed3
    Petty Officer

by Zed3 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:22 am

cowboy71 wrote:
    deathmetalpat wrote:GSO will be an early in the day or very late at night band with just one album.At least give it a listen because I doubt there will be any conflict of scheduling,maybe Andy has finally figured out it would be nice to let people listen to the unknown bands before the cruise. :D

Yeah - hadn't heard of them previously. Gave the album a spin this morning. Definitely catching a set now :)

same here :headbanger:
    2017: Survivor - 2024: hoping I'll be back onboard

Wishlist 2024:
    ...And.Oceans-/-Aephanemer-/-Aeternam-/-Aether.Realm-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animalize-/-Avatarium-/-Be'lakor-/-Belzebubs-/-Bloodywood-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Brymir-/-Bucovina-/-Dawn.of.Solace-/-Destinity-/-Dirty.Shirt-/-Diviner-/-Dordeduh-/-Equilibrium-/-Eternal.Champion-/-Frozen.Crown-/-Frozen.Dawn-/-Fvneral.Fvkk-/-Ghoultown-/-High.Command-/-Immortal-/-In.Mourning-/-Kalmah-/-Konvent-/-Lagerstein-/-Majestica-/-Mantar-/-Moonspell-/-Municipal.Waste-/-Myrkur-/-Nanowar.of.Steel-/-Necrophobic-/-Nestor-/-Night.Demon-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Paladin.(atl)-/-Paradise.Lost-/-Serenity-/-Significant.Point-/-Steelbourne-/-Stormkeep-/-Tankard-/-The.Halo.Effect-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Therapy?-/-Therion-/-Tower.(nyc)-/-Undrask-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Wilderun-/-Wind.Rose-/-Wizdoom-/-Xaon
  • alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:27 am

Good catch on the Axxis clue. I'd enjoy them (although I only really know tales of glory island) but would loooooove AA
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    SavaRon
    Crewman

by SavaRon » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:49 pm

I'm not the biggest Amon Amarth fan, but do they still do the synchronized head swinging thing. I seem to remember them doing this way back when they started in their videos. Maybe that is the head spinning they are referring to? Axxiss makes more sense though.

I personally would like to see Atheist on the boat again. Saw them at the Florida metal fest last year and they were awesome. Last album was Jupiter...spinning??? Bit of a stretch for them to fit the clue.
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

by Andy » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:54 pm

70000TONS OF METAL would like to wish everyone around the Globe a Happy and Headbanging New Year! For those of you lucky Sailors who will be joining us in February and starting 2017 in style... Just over four more weeks until we depart for Round 7 of The Original, The World’s Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise!

• AceHugger
    Petty Officer

Re: HAPPY NEW YEAR!

by AceHugger » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:27 pm

Happy new year to all cruisers, from the UK posse.
    Feel I know a lot of you already.
    Looking forward to cruising with you all this year. Let's rock up a storm.

Xxxx

Love Andy & Liesy.
    2017 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
    2018 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:18 pm

Happy new year dudes and dudettes!

I hope you all go metal thrashing mad tonight.

Much love and thanks to UMC for giving us something to really get excited about every year.

LESS THAN FIVE WEEKS AWAY NOW!!!!
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:06 pm

Happy New Year All
    I can not wait to see you all again in 32 days
    Last edited by Azazel101 on Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
  • JARI
    Petty Officer

by JARI » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:25 pm

Happy new year/ sawadii pii mai :viking:
    70k survivor 2013
    70k survivor 2015
    2017 cabin 6223
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:24 am

Happy new year everyone!!
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:22 am

Happy New Year peeps... after finally finishing up this past week of pure hell at work, I am truly ready to get back on that god damn boat. Let's do this!
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:39 am

Would any body else like to see as many of the 300+ musicians on a stage at one time for a photo opp? Maybe right before we leave Haiti?
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:34 am

Azazel101 wrote:Would any body else like to see as many of the 300+ musicians on a stage at one time for a photo opp? Maybe right before we leave Haiti?

That would be a really cool thing for them to setup. The Pool Deck could fit them all.

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

• deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:25 pm

Happy New Year ! https://g.co/kgs/MzCNOj ,face it we all listened ,screw Bono only other New Year song I know of.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
  • Konna79
    Wiper

by Konna79 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:26 am

Hi,

Next band is The Agonist?
    - Touring with DevilDriver and Death Angel after the cruise, starting feb 8th (https://fi-fi.facebook.com/TheAgonistOfficial/).
    That led me to google agonist spin, clicked the first link:
    http://molpharm.aspetjournals.org/content/67/1/12 (Agonists at μ-Opioid Receptors Spin the Wheels to Keep the Action Going)
    ??

Second cruise for me and girlfriend; from Finland, Hellsinki.

:shred:
    2016: 9609
    2017: 7270
  • alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:02 pm

Konna79 wrote:Hi,

That led me to google agonist spin, clicked the first link:
    http://molpharm.aspetjournals.org/content/67/1/12 (Agonists at μ-Opioid Receptors Spin the Wheels to Keep the Action Going)
    ?

:shred:

:lol:
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    Madkill
    Petty Officer

by Madkill » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:27 pm

If The Agonist is on, I wonder if Alissa will guest with 'em on a couple of songs.
    "So sing, seaman, join my hymn of
    Blood and oil
    Sing her out, sing of our return to
    Rotten soil..."
    - AHAB
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:01 pm

Madkill wrote:If The Agonist is on, I wonder if Alissa will guest with 'em on a couple of songs.

We had this discussion in a different thread, there was bad blood, probably not.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:23 am

I'm confident that the next A band is from my wishlist. So it's either "Anything with Martin van Drunen" or "Anything with Anneke van Giersbergen". :lol:

Or, you know, it could be something not good like that Axxis band.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    mikijonas
    Crewman

by mikijonas » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:33 am

I am going!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At the last minute!!!!!!!! My brother saved me!!!!! Good to have a rich one in the family! :shred:
    Make love, not war... and while you are at it, listen to metal!

2012 - Survivor (Don´t remember)
    2015 - 9561
    2016 - 6500
    2017 - 9561
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:27 am

Anyone else getting concerned that Candlemass (heavily rumored/unofficially confirmed) has somehow fallen through?

I don't pretend to be a marketing genius, but I would think they're at a point where they would want to pull out all the "big name" stops in order to sell as many cabins as possible. I don't see how waiting to announce a big time band that would convince people to sign up (I'd say Candlemass falls in that category) would do them any good, as last minute travel arrangements get stupid expensive. Hopefully I'm wrong and we see them confirmed soon.
    Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:45 am

Gratch wrote:Anyone else getting concerned that Candlemass (heavily rumored/unofficially confirmed) has somehow fallen through?

I also thought this might be the case. But we also heard that maybe Marduk fell through and no sign of that being true. Probably just Andy being upset that they got leaked and holding them off as long as possible.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

New Year's Retrolutions

by Andy » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:21 pm

Let's start off the new year by welcoming AXXIS onbroad 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise!

Don't lay low just yet, we are closing in on a "T"...

captaingabbeh
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: New Year's Retrolutions

by captaingabbeh » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:32 pm

Andy wrote:Don't lay low just yet, we are closing in on a "T"...

Well, I got nothing. Any thoughts on what T is?

2015-2018,
    Goth Cruise 2019

Wishlist: Myrath-Skindred-Rotting Christ-Amorphis-Hypocrisy-Demons & Wizards-3TEETH-Emperor-Psyclon Nine-Ihsahn-Batushka-Anaal Nathrakh-Epica-Aeternam-Nightwish-Starkill-Primordial-Zeal & Ardor-Powerwolf
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:36 pm

AXXIS

T is probably Tiamat. Tristania, Tyranny, Throes Of Dawn, Triptykon, To Cast A Shadow, Thurisaz, Theatre Of Tragedy(Liv&Raymond) would be good.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    SavaRon
    Crewman

by SavaRon » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:37 pm

Threshold maybe?
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:37 pm

Trauma has a song called Lay Low.
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:44 pm

Not a fan of Axxis, but I need some nap time.

Maybe the Tengger Cavalry is closing in? That's all I got.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:47 pm

I hope it is Tyr ,just to see how many pissing crybabies are on the boat.I bring a spear to go whaling!
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
    captaingabbeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by captaingabbeh » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:50 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:I hope it is Tyr ,just to see how many pissing crybabies are on the boat.I bring a spear to go whaling!

Can't be Tyr, they were on last year.

2015-2018,
    Goth Cruise 2019

Wishlist: Myrath-Skindred-Rotting Christ-Amorphis-Hypocrisy-Demons & Wizards-3TEETH-Emperor-Psyclon Nine-Ihsahn-Batushka-Anaal Nathrakh-Epica-Aeternam-Nightwish-Starkill-Primordial-Zeal & Ardor-Powerwolf
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:51 pm

captaingabbeh wrote:Any thoughts on what T is?

It's a letter. :lol:

• macamatic
    Petty Officer

by macamatic » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:54 pm

If this is a "The" band, I can think of a few I'd be excited about. If not, I doubt Andy is booking Tool, so it'll be another pass for me.

This reminds me of something that occurred to me recently. Back when Andy announced Testament, he messed with us by saying (paraphrasing a bit) "will the next band be another S, or will we write a T?" We were all so hung up on the S, thinking it would be a "The S____" band, that we missed one of the most obvious clues of the year: testaments are written. It's irrelevant now, just thought it was interesting.
    2017: 6523 | 2018: 2546

Want: Ancient Bards, Dark Tranquillity, Deadlock, Disarmonia Mundi, In Mourning, Insomnium, Symphony X, The Unguided, Wintersun, Within Temptation
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:54 pm

Gratch wrote:Anyone else getting concerned that Candlemass (heavily rumored/unofficially confirmed) has somehow fallen through?

This is a very valid concern. Heaven Shall Burn was once leaked in a Barge To Hell ad in a metal magazine and weren't actually on the boat by the time it sailed.

Considering Avatarium is on the boat though, seems likely Andy just waiting to announce them for some reason.

captaingabbeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by captaingabbeh » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:59 pm

Warphine wrote:
    captaingabbeh wrote:Any thoughts on what T is?

It's a letter. :lol:

Hush, you :p

On another note, do you all think "New Year's Retrolutions" is related to Axxis, or could that be a hint?

2015-2018,
    Goth Cruise 2019

• headlinerluxi
    Petty Officer

by headlinerluxi » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:59 pm

Triumph
    2012 survivor
    2013 survivor
    2014 survivor
    2016 survivor
    2018 survivor
    2019 !!!
    Savatage Queensryche Powerwolf Dokken Megadeth Mob Rules UDO Wasp Ripper Owens Tesla Y&T Armored Saint Testament Iced Earth Sabaton DAD Tesla Cinderella Brainstorm
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:06 pm

Andy wrote:Don't lay low just yet, we are closing in on a "T"...

Tad Morose? "Low" is often synonymous with "morose".
    ***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine
  • AceHugger
    Petty Officer

by AceHugger » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:08 pm

Phoenix wrote:

I also thought this might be the case. But we also heard that maybe Marduk fell through and no sign of that being true. Probably just Andy being upset that they got leaked and holding them off as long as possible.

And grave. Yet someone contacted them and they confirmed.
    Who knows at this stage.

Andy wrote:
    Don't lay low just yet, we are closing in on a "T"...

Trivium - Ascension

#just saying!
    That would be Andy finest trolling of the community ever. (I know it's not really them ì'm just being silly)
    What about tandlemass?
    Last edited by AceHugger on Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    2017 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
    2018 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:20 pm

Guessing at this juncture is nearly pointless. If you look at last year's last 13 bands (which is where we're at now), they were hardly a treasure trove of significantly requested bands:

Arkona
    Dead Cross
    Dia De Los Muertos
    Diamond Head
    Distillator
    Fallujah
    Ghoul
    Koyi K Utho
    Nervosa
    No Raza
    Novembers Doom
    Starkill
    Susperia
    ***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:24 pm

General Zod wrote:Guessing at this juncture is nearly pointless. If you look at last year's last 13 bands (which is where we're at now), they were hardly a treasure trove of significantly requested bands:

Someone's filling in for the Statsman now :P

captaingabbeh wrote:On another note, do you all think "New Year's Retrolutions" is related to Axxis, or could that be a hint?

Nah, Axxis is a very "retro" heavy metal band. It's not a hint.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
Post Reply 3265 posts