Post Reply 3266 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2017 Megathread
    slayergeek
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: We're Going To Have A Helluva Time

by slayergeek » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:58 pm

Razor Ramon wrote:TROLLFEST

11 more thumbs down coming up!

Ahh come on man. I am pretty much into Thrash and Death and Trollfest is not my cup of tea much musically. That being said, their show and atmosphere is a LOT of fun.

Will I buy their album, not a chance. Will I see their show, absolutely!!
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,See_You_In_2019

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    • iPhone Version-https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/70k-bands/id958759290?mt=8
    • Android Version-https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Bands70k

WishList
    • The_Crown-/-Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/-Violence-/
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:58 pm

Ensiferum would be great, as would Enshine.
    Survivor 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 (booked)

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:58 pm

slayergeek wrote:Will I buy their album, not a chance. Will I see their show, absolutely!!

^ TrollfesT in a nutshell.
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-November's.Doom-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-

Save these guys for 2021, Andy.
    Downvod
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: Blunt Force TRAUMA

by Downvod » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:59 pm

General Zod wrote:
    Phoenix wrote:While I agree with you that the teasing has been murder and he does appear to be grabbing old relative nobodies at the 11th hour here, I know of at least one dragon that was very happy to see Axxis announced.

Understood. I'm sure there's not a band you can find that wouldn't make at least a few people happy.

Phoenix wrote:But I'm pleased enough with the lineup.

I'm not. The two bands I'm looking forward to most are probably the two bands that were announced first; Anthrax and Amorphis. So for me, the lineup announcements have mostly been a protracted downhill ride. My tastes aside, this year's lineup just feels a bit underpowered compared to last. As always, just my two cents.

Yeah all opinion. I loved last year's lineup and I had an amazing time, but I am WAY more excited about this one. That said, you can't please everyone, but I do think the 70K team does a very admirable job trying to do so. I wouldn't want that task.
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402

Abbath-/-Aeternam-/-Aetherian-/-Aether.Realm-/-Alestorm-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-At.the.Gates-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE’LAKOR-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carach.Angren-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Cruachan-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-DEATH.ANGEL-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-De.Profundis-/-Devin.Townsend-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Emperor-/-Enslaved-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Exodus-/-Finntroll-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghost.Ship.Octavius-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Havok-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Iced.Earth-/-IHSAHN-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-In.Mourning-/-Insomnium-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-MELECHESH-/-Mgla-/-MOONSORROW-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Obscura-/-Omnium.Gatherum-/-Oni-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-SOILWORK-/-Solution.45-/-Sunburst-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-Taake-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WINTERSUN-/-Witchery-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:16 pm

Can't stand trollfest, yet for some reason I might see them again.

Edenbridge isn't my top pick or anything, but I do really like the song "wild chase". I'd stick my head in for a bit.
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    TPH
    Chief Petty Officer

by TPH » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:18 pm

There's around zero fucking chance my wish comes true, but I'll piss myself if the next band is Emperor.
    And same as everyone said, I don't care about TrollfesT's music at all, but their live shows are pure fun.
    Wacken 2003
    Fury Fest 2004-2005, Hellfest 2006 to 2019
    70K 2017 - cabin 2250
    70K 2018 - cabin 8215
    70K 2019 - cabin 10xxx (can't fucking remember)
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:40 pm

Edenbridge would be cool,Love The Grand Design album
    TrollfesT has been explained here,no cds by them I have but fun show live.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    AceHugger
    Petty Officer

by AceHugger » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:48 pm

captaingabbeh wrote:
    AceHugger wrote:Earthtone9?

Enter Shikari?

UK represent.

I don't know how many other cruisers would be down for Enter Shikari, but I would catch the shit out of a set of theirs.

Yeah, not the typical fare and probably not what most cruisers would dig but I'd enjoy it. Saw them at Glastonbury a couple of years ago and they were great.
    It's highly highly unlikely though.
    I was just stating bands starting with E
    Last edited by AceHugger on Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
    2017 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
    2018 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:51 pm

slayergeek wrote:
    Razor Ramon wrote:TROLLFEST

11 more thumbs down coming up!

Ahh come on man. I am pretty much into Thrash and Death and Trollfest is not my cup of tea much musically. That being said, their show and atmosphere is a LOT of fun.

Will I buy their album, not a chance. Will I see their show, absolutely!!

I'd take a peek, certainly wouldn't go out of my way to see them.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Liv-Kristine-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Asphyx-/-Wintersun-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-The-Foreshadowing-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Saturnus-/-Noumena-/-Blackthorn-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Dark-Fortress-/-Orphaned-Land-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Novembers-Doom-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:18 pm

Borrowing from Razor for this one.

Trollfest

I have seen Trollfest live on 2 different tours and did not find the show fun. I thought they were awful both times.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:29 pm

This last lot of 10 bands has seen far fewer 'smaller' (in terms of last.fm listeners) bands compared to for the 2016 cruise.

By number of last.fm listeners, in announcements 41-50 for 2016 we had:

one 'large' band (Eluveitie with 340,000 listeners)
    three with 20k-50k listeners (Raven, Susperia, and Skalmold)
    six with under 3,000 listeners: Twilight Force (3,000), Painful (100), Abinchova (3,000), Koyi K Utho (3,000), Dia De Los Muertos (2,000), Distillator (600)

Compared to 2017

2017 (if Edenbridge is band 50)
    Four large-ish bands with around 100,000 listeners or more - Edenbridge, Nightmare, Mors Principium Est, Axxis
    Three with 35k-100K - Cattle Decapitation (80,000), Trollfest (55,000), Trauma (35,000)
    Two with 15-20K - Avatarium (16,000), Misery Loves Co (15,000)
    And only one with under 3,000 - Ghost Ship Octavius (2,000)

Now in the FINAL 10 for 2016 we had:
    3 around 100k or more - Arkona, Diamond Head, Novembers Doom
    3 with around 50k - Incantation, Fallujah, Ghoul
    4 with under 10k - Nervosa, Starkill, No Raza, Dead Cross
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Wolves-In-The-Throne-Room-/-Halestorm-/-70K
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:17 pm

Thanks for those numbers Statsman, I was noticing that myself.

Either we have fewer Crippers this year, or these last ten are all little known acts.

If band 60 is Amon Amarth I may actually get upset at this point, you fucking troll Skipper.
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-November's.Doom-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-

Downvod
    Chief Petty Officer

by Downvod » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:14 pm

Phoenix wrote:Thanks for those numbers Statsman, I was noticing that myself.

Either we have fewer Crippers this year, or these last ten are all little known acts.

If band 60 is Amon Amarth I may actually get upset at this point, you fucking troll Skipper.

I think, if they aren't announced last, it might be time to accept that Amon Amarth isn't going to be on the cruise again. This would have been the year, if any. They are the most highly requested band, they are touring a huge new album, and their schedule is wide open. If they aren't on this year, it is likely they have simply outgrown this event.

Abbath-/-Aeternam-/-Aetherian-/-Aether.Realm-/-Alestorm-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-At.the.Gates-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE’LAKOR-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carach.Angren-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Cruachan-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-DEATH.ANGEL-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-De.Profundis-/-Devin.Townsend-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Emperor-/-Enslaved-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Exodus-/-Finntroll-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghost.Ship.Octavius-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Havok-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Iced.Earth-/-IHSAHN-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-In.Mourning-/-Insomnium-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-MELECHESH-/-Mgla-/-MOONSORROW-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Obscura-/-Omnium.Gatherum-/-Oni-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-SOILWORK-/-Solution.45-/-Sunburst-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-Taake-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WINTERSUN-/-Witchery-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:37 pm

Seen Trollfest before, and I'm trying to stay as far away from their shows as possible.
    The next one looks like it'll be Edenbridge. Not my favourite girlie band, but an ok add.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Kingslayer
    Chief Petty Officer

by Kingslayer » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:17 am

Downvod wrote:

I think, if they aren't announced last, it might be time to accept that Amon Amarth isn't going to be on the cruise again. This would have been the year, if any. They are the most highly requested band, they are touring a huge new album, and their schedule is wide open. If they aren't on this year, it is likely they have simply outgrown this event.

I dunno. If they can get Anthrax, surely they can get Amon Amarth
    2016: 9231
    2017: 6521
    2018: TBD

Wishlist: Amon Amarth, Candlemass, Devin Townsend Project, Doomsword, Ex Deo, Gloryhammer, Grand Magus, Hypocrisy, King Diamond, Nile, Powerwolf, Running Wild, Septicflesh, Steel Panther, Unleash The Archers
  • drrock
    Crewman

by drrock » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:08 am

Trollfest to me means more time for breakfast, lunch or dinner and no collision with other shows. Defintely not my Cup of tea. Would not mind if Edenbridge is next. Never saw them so far but they sound familiar. Would catch at least one show.
    2017 = 40 yrs in rock and metal!
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:41 am

General Zod wrote:
    Mark wrote:Not going to defend Trauma (had to click through quite some techno shit to even find them on Spotify) but Axxis is a rather huge and successful band in Germany. Now I understand a lot of you guys don't like Power Metal but anybody who's into it will definitely enjoy them :beerwink:

Mark... I'm someone who loves Power Metal, but had never even heard of Axxis. Upon learning of their inclusion on the 2017 roster I immediately checked them out. I think they're terrible. Now granted, taste is subjective, so my opinion is merely that. However, I don't think Axxis was on a single wishlist, not even yours. Worse, there seems to be this trend of grabbing old bands, that just aren't relevant anymore. Axxis bares the additional weight of being an "A" band. Every time Andy teases an "A" band everyone gets excited, hoping it's the Amon Amarth announcement everyone wants and he's been teasing. So when you're hoping for one of the most prominent bands in metal and instead are handed some 30 year old power metal band no one has ever heard of (save a few thousand Germans :party: ), disappointment is certain to ensue. Cheers.

Axxis have been on my wishlist for many years. I'm super happy to have them onbroad. They're much, much better tha Trauma. End of the story.
    Wishlist:
    AETERNAM--Alestorm--Allegaeon--
    Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Dark.Tranquillity--Devin.Townsend--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--DREAM.THEATER--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Freedom.call--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Helloween--IN.MOURNING--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--Kreator--Masterplan--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--Moonsorrow--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SABATON--Seven.Spires--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--SOEN--Soilwork--Stratovarius--SYMPHONY.X--TERAMAZE--_Tomorrows.Eve--Triosphere--Therion--THRESHOLD--Unisonic--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Wolfheart

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor | 2020: BOOKED
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:46 am

Phoenix wrote:
    General Zod wrote:However, I don't think Axxis was on a single wishlist, not even yours.

While I agree with you that the teasing has been murder and he does appear to be grabbing old relative nobodies at the 11th hour here, I know of at least one dragon that was very happy to see Axxis announced.

But I'm pleased enough with the lineup. All I want now is a party folk band.

I wonder who that dragon could be?? :D

I should've read the entire conversation before replying :D

2017 = best lineup ever for the dragon's taste. Even if the last 10 bands suck; i don't need them. I thought 2016 was unbeatable... They proved me wrong!!!
    Wishlist:
    AETERNAM--Alestorm--Allegaeon--
    Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Dark.Tranquillity--Devin.Townsend--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--DREAM.THEATER--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Freedom.call--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Helloween--IN.MOURNING--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--Kreator--Masterplan--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--Moonsorrow--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SABATON--Seven.Spires--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--SOEN--Soilwork--Stratovarius--SYMPHONY.X--TERAMAZE--_Tomorrows.Eve--Triosphere--Therion--THRESHOLD--Unisonic--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Wolfheart

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor | 2020: BOOKED
    Downvod
    Chief Petty Officer

by Downvod » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:45 am

Kingslayer wrote:
    Downvod wrote:

I dunno. If they can get Anthrax, surely they can get Amon Amarth

Anthrax is a big, legendary name in metal.... They have had a great career, but in terms of popularity, they are nowhere near as relevant as they were in the 80's or early 90's. In 2017, Amon Amarth is a WAY bigger band. The last few times I saw Anthrax, they were playing in 1,500 capacity clubs that were maybe 3/4 full... or they were opening for a bigger band or co-headlining. Last time I saw Amon Amarth, it was at a sold out theater with a rowdy and insane crowd. In Europe, Amon Amarth is headlining packed arenas. They are the biggest thing in 'extreme' or 'underground' metal right now, by far.

cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:39 am

Agreed. Some figures from this article from about 6 months ago provide some backup to what you are saying:

http://www.metalinjection.net/its-just- ... attendance

Amon Amarth - filling a 2,200 seat venue in Montreal, as headliner

Anthrax - 80% filling a 4,600 seat venue, when they were supporting Lamb of God

Those are isolated figures of course and fair from exhaustive :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    AceHugger
    Petty Officer

by AceHugger » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:09 am

Downvod wrote:
    I think, if they aren't announced last, it might be time to accept that Amon Amarth isn't going to be on the cruise again.

You know sometimes when you're reading something and your mind finishes the sentence before you've actually read it all??

I really thought you were going to say:
    Downvod wrote:"I think, if they aren't announced last, it might be time to accept that Amon Amarth isn't going to be on this cruise"

I thought that response would have been incredible. especially if it was understated. and not said in a sarcastic fashion.

Reading it back I'm not entirely sure why, but it inspired me to write this, so there we go....
    2017 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
    2018 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:53 am

For the record, I'm quite certain that Amon Amarth are not going to be announced this cruise, nor ever again. That's why I think Andy announcing them as the 60th band would be a big troll move.

I agree, they're getting very big. Probably too big for our boat. And that's fine. I'd rather see bands that I don't get to see at home anyway.

metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalmaciejmetal » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:57 am

mbob wrote:Please make it Edguy, Ensiferum or Exodus!

Edguy would completely change my priorities. Its been nearly 10 years since I've seen them.
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:17 am

Looking at Edguy's site, it doesn't seem likely. The last three updates in their News sections are Merry Xmass 2015, Happy Easter 2016, Marry Xmass 2016. That doesn't sound like a and who's currently doing much. Given they haven't played live in more than a year and bands of their size aren't typically announced at this late date, I think this is highly unlikely.
    ***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine
  • drrock
    Crewman

by drrock » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:03 am

At least EDGUY are under contract to Nuclear Blast who traditionally send lots of bands to the cruise. Check out the NB homepage and you might find the next band starting with an E to perform on broad...
    2017 = 40 yrs in rock and metal!
    metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalmaciejmetal » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:39 am

General Zod wrote:Looking at Edguy's site, it doesn't seem likely. The last three updates in their News sections are Merry Xmass 2015, Happy Easter 2016, Marry Xmass 2016. That doesn't sound like a and who's currently doing much. Given they haven't played live in more than a year and bands of their size aren't typically announced at this late date, I think this is highly unlikely.

Its true, Edguy hasn't been doing much in a while now. Tobi has been busy on Avantasia, neglecting Edguy. If Edguy was to do a one off for 70000 tons, it would have been announced a long time ago. One can still hope, right? It does make me wonder with this long hiatus what do the rest of the Edguys do when Tobi and Felix are working on the metal opera?

Well, my other blind guess is EVERGREY. They at least have a current album to support
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
    Daenerys
    Midshipman

by Daenerys » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:59 am

metalmaciejmetal wrote:
    Well, my other blind guess is EVERGREY. They at least have a current album to support

My thoughts as well. Hoping for Evergrey or Ensiferum. Emperor would be great but I don't see it being possible.

dws515 wrote: Anyway, Ensiferum would be the tits

Indeed :boobs:
    I want what we've never had!

Hypocrisy-IHSAHN-Primordial-GrandMagus-Powerwolf-Myrath-Hell-Opeth-Borknagar-Leprous-SteelPanther-Voyager
    metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalmaciejmetal » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:08 pm

Daenerys wrote:
    My thoughts as well. Hoping for Evergrey or Ensiferum. Emperor would be great but I don't see it being possible.

Emperor would be a huge fucking deal. If they booked Emperor, it would have been announced in the first batch of 10.

Realistically I suspect E will be something rather obscure, maybe something from south America no one knows about.
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:45 pm

Airport at FLL,just Fuck!
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:07 pm

It will be all good in 25 days
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:13 pm

Azazel101 wrote:It will be all good in 25 days

Hope so ,as Americans I can say we over do things.Problaby extra security at baggage area.Just another thing that slows down travel,but as with every cruise the first band playing blasts everything away.TrollfestT would be a good first small band playing.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:17 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:
    Azazel101 wrote:It will be all good in 25 days

Hope so ,as Americans I can say we over do things.Problaby extra security at baggage area.Just another thing that slows down travel,but as with every cruise the first band playing blasts everything away.TrollfestT would be a good first small band playing.

Oh I'd love that. Would be the perfect start to the cruise.

Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:33 pm

I agree on Trollfest kicking things off, along with any other bands I don't like in those opening slots, I like a little extra mingling time on that first day.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Liv-Kristine-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Asphyx-/-Wintersun-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-The-Foreshadowing-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Saturnus-/-Noumena-/-Blackthorn-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Dark-Fortress-/-Orphaned-Land-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Novembers-Doom-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:49 pm

Razor Ramon wrote:I agree on Trollfest kicking things off, along with any other bands I don't like in those opening slots, I like a little extra mingling time on that first day.

AGREED! :heavydrink:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
  • sara
    Petty Officer

by sara » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:46 pm

Razor Ramon wrote:I agree on Trollfest kicking things off, along with any other bands I don't like in those opening slots, I like a little extra mingling time on that first day.

Last year I really tried to see Carach Angren play one of the very first sets, and they were in the tiny club! Way too stressful, it was so overcrowded. I couldn't see them at all. The year before, I rushed to see a band who had tech problems and got delayed.

It is soooo much better to avoid that first slot, I think! I'm gonna watch the shore disappear this time. Maybe yell at another ship. With booze in hand, of course. :beerbang:
    Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:53 pm

In 2014 Swashbuckle was cool starting,it was a bit crowded but not too bad.In 2012 I think Overkill was going to be the first band I wanted to see ,disaster and in 2013 Sabaton was a great first show for me.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:24 pm

It's nice to be able to mingle and watch debarkation. I saw about five seconds of peoples heads at Carach Angren and walked out.
    70000 Tons 2019
    ExtraneouS
    Petty Officer

by ExtraneouS » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:18 pm

Last year my muster station was in the Pyramid Lounge, and once the drill was over I climbed over the couches and got on the bar for Carach Angren. Hopefully this year I luck out again and get assigned to a muster station inside and a good first band, otherwise I plan on going to the ice rink, or join you guys in watching as we sail away.
    Wishlist
    Æther-Realm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amaon-Amarth-/-Amaranthe-/-Amorphis-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Annihilator-/-Arch-Enemy-/-Arkona-/-Asenblut-/-Avantasia-/-Avartarium-/-Axxis-/-Babymetal-/-Battlecross-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Be'lakor-/-Blind-Guardian-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodbound-/-Brendon-Small-/-Brymir-/-Cain's-Offering-/-Carach-Angren-/-Cattle-Decapitation-/-Children-Of-Bodom-/-Chthonic-/-Crimson-Shadows-/-Dalriada-/-Derdian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dying-Fetus-/-Edguy-/-Eluveitie-/-Ensiferum-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-Evil-Scarecrow-/-Ex-Deo-/-Fairyland-/-Falconer-/-Fallujah-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Galneryus-/-Ghost-B.C.-/-Gloryhammer-/-Goatwhore-/-God-Dethroned-/-Gojira-/-Haggard-/-Hammerfall-/-Iron-Savior-/-Kalmah-/-Kamelot-/-Lagerstein-/-Moonsorrow-/-Mors-Principium-Est-/-Nanowar-Of-Steel-/-Nightwish-/-Omnium-Gatherum-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Powerwolf-/-Rumahoy-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio-Mortis-/-Serenity-/-Skálmöld-/-Skyfire-/-Solar-Fragment-/-Steel-Panther-/-Swashbuckle-/-Symphony-X-/-The-Dread-Crew-Of-Oddwood-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Twilight-Force-/-Týr-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Valhalore-/-Van-Canto-/-Visigoth-/-Wintersun-/-Ye-Banished-Privateers
    70k2015 Survivor - 2328
    70k2016 Survivor - 7511
    70k2017 Survivor - 6523
    70k2019 - 3336
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:26 pm

First year ,2012 , did the sail away watching the sunset thing.Went to The Viking Lounge before hardly anyone was up there.Was a cool spot because it was easy to get drink service,waiters where walking around and filled your order right away.2013 and 14 was more interesting to see bands.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

2017 POOL GIRL OF THE MONTH Calendar

by Andy » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:52 pm

The 2017 70000TONS OF METAL POOL GIRL OF THE MONTH Calendar is here!

Please join me in welcoming our very own international ambassadors of Heavy Metal - the 70000TONS OF METAL POOL GIRLS - back onbroad for Round 7 of The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise!

To celebrate, we are offering a desktop and mobile wallpaper calendar for 2017, which will be updated each month featuring a different member of the 70000TONS OF METAL POOL GIRLS team.

Click here To download your desktop or mobile calendar wallpaper, and don't forget to check back every month for an updated calendar!

Post Reply 3266 posts