Post Reply 3266 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2017 Megathread
    Warphine
    Ensign

Re: 2017 POOL GIRL OF THE MONTH Calendar

by Warphine » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:22 am

I understand why people don't like the Pyramid Lounge/Spectrum. I know it's not perfect, but I kinda like it in some ways.

If you get there a few minutes early and get front row you are going to have an amazing time. I remember watching God Dethroned and Hatesphere (and others) from this vantage point. The vocalist from Hatesphere put the mic in my face a few times so I could growl out a few lyrics. You can't really get that in any other venue unless the vocalist jumps into the crowd.

Also, I like to sit and listen to bands in there when I need to get off my feet. The chairs in there are more comfortable than the other venues. Obviously, this sacrifices any sort of visuals of the band though.
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

Rise And Shine!

by Andy » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:38 am

EDENBRIDGE will mesmerize you with symphonic delight not just once, but twice onbroad 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise!

We're about to crank it up some more! Don't think you'll need to wait "M"uch longer...

Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

Re: Rise And Shine!

by Memnoch » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:54 am

Nice! :beerwink:

How about some Memoriam next?
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:44 am

Wild guess... Machinae Supremacy?
    Wishlist:
    ALLEGAEON--Amaranthe--Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Devin.Townsend.Project--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--Dream.Theater--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Epica--Fleshgod-Apocalypse--Fractal.Gates--Gamma.Ray--Gloryhammer--Haken--HELLOWEEN.REUNION--In.Vain--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--MOONSORROW--MORS.PRINCIPIUM.EST--NE.OBLIVISCARIS--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--Onslaught--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Power.Quest--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--Soilwork--Stratovarius--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Teramaze--Therion--Unisonic--Unleash.the.Archers--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Witherscape

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:51 am

"We're about to crank it up some more!" and the band starting with M is an obvious clue to the loudest band in the world, Manowar. :lol:
    Wishlist:
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:04 am

I would be happy with Machinae Supremacy, but a friend suggested Mechina... that would be amazing at so many levels, a solid 4 in my wishlist. But I can hardly see it happening.
    Wishlist:
    ALLEGAEON--Amaranthe--Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Devin.Townsend.Project--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--Dream.Theater--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Epica--Fleshgod-Apocalypse--Fractal.Gates--Gamma.Ray--Gloryhammer--Haken--HELLOWEEN.REUNION--In.Vain--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--MOONSORROW--MORS.PRINCIPIUM.EST--NE.OBLIVISCARIS--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--Onslaught--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Power.Quest--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--Soilwork--Stratovarius--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Teramaze--Therion--Unisonic--Unleash.the.Archers--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Witherscape

cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:05 am

I find Edenbridge a bit bland but will check them out - maybe they will 'click' more if I see them live.

M? I would go nuts if it was MAGNUM but that is wishing way too much.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:26 am

cowboy71 wrote:I find Edenbridge a bit bland but will check them out - maybe they will 'click' more if I see them live.

Statsman, I suggest you give a try to Machinae Supremacy. I'm quite sure you'd enjoy them.
    Wishlist:

Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:45 am

cowboy71 wrote:I find Edenbridge a bit bland but will check them out - maybe they will 'click' more if I see them live.

Pretty much my thoughts. Never really gotten into them for some reason. They're kinda like Visions of Atlantis; never bothered to listen to their albums much, but their live shows have been rather good.

As for the M band, if/when it's not Memoriam, I'd be happy with it being an announcement of Martin van Drunen as the karaoke host. :lol:
    Wishlist:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:50 am

bodomdragon wrote:

Statsman, I suggest you give a try to Machinae Supremacy. I'm quite sure you'd enjoy them.

Cool I will definitely check them out!!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
    Zed3
    Crewman

by Zed3 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:28 am

bodomdragon wrote:I would be happy with Machinae Supremacy, but a friend suggested Mechina... that would be amazing at so many levels, a solid 4 in my wishlist. But I can hardly see it happening.

Don't know about Machinae Supremacy so gotta check them out but Mechina would be awesome ! :headbanger:
    2017: Survivor - 2018 & 2019: :( - 2020: highly unlikely (but not because of current lack of... anything from 70k !)

Wishlist 2020:
    Aephanemer-/-Aether.Realm-/-Alestorm-/-Audrey.Horne-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Be'lakor-/-Belzebubs-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Biohazard-/-Bucovina-/-Byzantine-/-Dalriada-/-Dirty.Shirt-/-Einherjer-/-Exit.Eden-/-Fractal.Gates-/-Frozen.Crown-/-Ghoultown-/-Gojira-/-Grand.Magus-/-Immortal-/-Immortal.Guardian-/-Imperialist-/-Inferi-/-Khemmis-/-Kobra.and.the.Lotus-/-Lonewolf-/-Lör-/-Mantar-/-Mongol-/-Moonspell-/-Municipal.Waste-/-Myrath-/-Nailed.To.Obscurity-/-No.Return-/-Paladin-/-Palantir-/-Power.Trip-/-Savage.Machine-/-Seventh.Wonder-/-Skull.Fist-/-Soilwork-/-Striker-/-Svart.Crown-/-Tankard-/-Temptation's.Wings-/-The.Crown-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Troldhaugen-/-TrollfesT-/-Undrask-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Venom.Prison-/-VUUR-/-Warkings
    Downvod
    Chief Petty Officer

by Downvod » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:29 am

bodomdragon wrote:I would be happy with Machinae Supremacy, but a friend suggested Mechina... that would be amazing at so many levels, a solid 4 in my wishlist. But I can hardly see it happening.

Machinae Supremacy is possible. I remember being hopeful a while back when I saw they're doing their first ever US tour in January. It goes until the 21st. I too agree that statsman would be a fan.
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402

Abbath-/-Aeternam-/-Aetherian-/-Aether.Realm-/-Alestorm-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-At.the.Gates-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE’LAKOR-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carach.Angren-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Cruachan-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-DEATH.ANGEL-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-De.Profundis-/-Devin.Townsend-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Emperor-/-Enslaved-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Exodus-/-Finntroll-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghost.Ship.Octavius-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Havok-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Iced.Earth-/-IHSAHN-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-In.Mourning-/-Insomnium-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-MELECHESH-/-Mgla-/-MOONSORROW-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Obscura-/-Omnium.Gatherum-/-Oni-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-SOILWORK-/-Solution.45-/-Sunburst-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-Taake-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WINTERSUN-/-Witchery-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:29 am

Memnoch wrote:Nice! :beerwink:

How about some Memoriam next?

That would be great, and they have an EP coming on 1/20, and no confirmed shows before 2/24.
    But their EP is only 2 songs long :-(

Meshuggah has a new album just out, no shows until 2/22, and is on Nuclear Blast.
    If only...
    Agnostic.Front-/-Akercocke-/-Alien.Weaponry-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Anaal.Nathrakh-/-Animals.As.Leaders-/-Behemoth-/-Between.The.Buried.And.Me-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Star.Riders-/-Body.Count-/-Brujeria-/-Candiria-/-Candlemass-/-Cattle.Decapitation-/-Combichrist-/-Dark.Angel-/-Deicide-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-DRI-/-Entombed-/-Evile-/-Fear.Factory-/-Flotsam.and.Jetsam-/-Galakticon.-/-Ghost-/-Godflesh-/-Gojira-/-Green.Carnation-/-Gutalax-/-Hatebreed-/-Iron.Reagan-/-Jungle.Rot-/-KMFDM-/-Kvelertak-/-Lost.Society-/-Loudblast-/-Manowar-/-Melechesh-/-Memoriam-/-Mercyful.Fate-/-Ministry-/-M.O.D.-/-Morbid.Angel-/-Morgoth-/-Municipal.Waste-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Nails-/-Nuclear.Assault-/-Pig.Destroyer-/-Power.Trip-/-Protector-/-Rivers.Of.Nihil-/-Ross.The.Boss-/-Sacred.Reich-/-Saxon-/-Six.Feet.Under-/-Sleep-/-Stormtroopers.of.Beer-/-Suffocation-/-Suicidal.Tendencies-/-Tankard-/-Terrorizer-/-The.Crown-/-The.Faceless-/-The.Great.Old.Ones-/-The.Zenith.Passage-/-Thin.Lizzy-/-Triptykon-/-Trust-/-Tsjuder-/-Twelve.Foot.Ninja-/-UFO-/-Upon.A.Burning.Body-/-Vio-lence-/-Wrath-/-Xibalba
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:50 am

Well, Memoriam has been playing shows already, with some added Bolt Thrower songs at least, maybe Benediction as well (not sure). I'd be perfectly fine with them playing two identical sets onbroad. :beerwink:
    Wishlist:
  • elj4176
    Petty Officer

by elj4176 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:26 am

Memoriam would be a great add!
    Survivor 2016, 2017

pics from 2016
    https://flic.kr/s/aHskFsgBhm
    TPH
    Chief Petty Officer

by TPH » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:57 am

Godflesh wrote:Meshuggah has a new album just out, no shows until 2/22, and is on Nuclear Blast.
    If only...

I'm already going to see them next Wednesday in Dublin, but I'll gladly take seconds on the boat! Seems unlikely though, they are too big to be advertised this late I'd say.
    (On est envahis par les français, ici !)
    Wacken 2003
    Fury Fest 2004-2005, Hellfest 2006 to 2017
    70K 2017 - cabin 2250
    70K 2018 - cabin 8215
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:52 am

Mechina is one of my "bucket list" bands, so that would make me absolutely thrilled.

If you haven't checked them out before, you really should. They're sort of an industrial/metal/ambient combo, and their music tells an absolutely incredible sci-fi story. They typically release a new album the beginning of each year, with a single over the summer. The story is very cool...there's even an Wiki devoted to the characters and "Embers Turn to Dust" storyline that they've created across 7 albums and a handful of singles. If you enjoy "concept" music even a little bit, I'd absolutely recommend you give this a listen. It would make a great video game. :) Honestly, how many albums use this as a starting point?

The two global powers on Earth, the UNI and IGC, are at war. Fearing that these two powers will destroy the world, a small group of people build a giant terraforming spaceship to flee the Earth and find a new home. It is the first Titan, named Anicetus. One of the travelers, Andara, leaves a farewell message to anyone on Earth who may be listening then enters cryosleep with the rest of the crew. Anicetus' A.I. aims towards Alpha Centauri and begins the long journey.

Musically, it feels like what would happen if someone mashed up Frontline Assembly and Scar Symmetry, then threw in the Mass Effect soundtrack for good measure. Lots of sci-fi samples, sweeping violins, and synthesized orchestral hits, combined with fantastic riffs and crazy drum beats. It won't be everyone's cup of tea, but I find it extremely compelling and fascinating.
    Survivor 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Ihsahn - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:21 am

I recently discovered Mechina while bored and surfing around on Bandcamp one night. They would be a really intriguing selection. Not sure how that fits the clue, but as the clues don't seem to mean much, it could be anyone from Manowar to Moby.
    ***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:26 am

If it's Mechinae Supremacy someone should call TotalBiscuit. He's how I know them.

I will accept Melechesh, Metsatöll, or also Myrath. I've wanted an excuse to check them out.
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-November's.Doom-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-

Gonna take a lot to get me back next year.
    scyll
    Petty Officer

by scyll » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:54 am

Oh my God I thought I was the only person in the world hoping for Machinae Supremacy, it would rule SO much! Mechina would be really awesome too!
    Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer

by Hoppy McGee » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:10 am

Memoriam would be an amazing addition! Closest we'll ever get to having Bolt Thrower onbroad.

With regards to the Pyramid Lounge discussion from earlier, I agree it's the shittiest of all the venues unless you can get there a bit early and get up close. Seeing a bucketlist big name band like Vader last year in that tiny little venue just feet away from them with the pit going nuts behind us was fucking insane! One of the best shows of the cruise for me!
    70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
    MY.LITTLE.WISHLIST_____**CAPS=MOST.WANTED**
    /-3.Inches.of.Blood.(Reunion)-/1914-/-ABBATH-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-Abysmal.Dawn-/-Aether.Realm-/-Alkaloid-/-ALLEGAEON-/-Anciients-/-AMON.AMARTH-/-Amorphis-/-ARCHSPIRE-/-Armored.Saint-/-Ash.Borer-/Asphyx-/-AT.THE.GATES-/-AUTOPSY-/-Barren.Earth-/-Battlelore-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Benighted-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Earth-/-Black.Fast-/-Blood.Incantation-/-Bloodhunter-/-Bolt.Thrower,(wishful.thinking)-/-Bölzer-/-Borknagar-/-Brymir-/-Cancer-/-Cannabis.Corpse-/-CARCASS-/-CATTLE.DECAPITATION-/-Cloak-/-Coffins-/-Cormorant-/Corrosion.of.Conformity-/-Craven.Idol-/-Crypt.Sermon-/-Critical.Mess-/-Cut.Up-/-Dark.Angel-/-DARK.FORTRESS-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-DAWN.OF.DISEASE-/-Daylight.Dies-/-Dead.Congregation-/-Damnation.Defaced-/-Death.Angel-/-Decapitated-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Demonical-/-Demons.and.Wizards-/-Desaster-/-Deserted.Fear-/-DESTROYER.666-/-Desultory.(more.wishful.thinking)/-DISMEMBER.(wishful.thinking.that's.actually.possible.now!!!)-/-Draconian-/-Drakwald-/-Dying.Fetus-/-Dyscarnate-/-Emperor-/-Enforcer-/-Entombed-/-Entrails-/-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-/-Feral-/-FINNTROLL-/-Firespawn-/-Flotsam.&.Jetsam-/-GHOUL-/-Goatwhore-/-GOJIRA-/-Gorguts-/-Gorod-/-Grand.Magus-/-Grave-/-Grave.Miasma-/-Graveworm-/-Gruesome-/-Gutter.Instinct-/-Hallatar-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Hate.Eternal-/-Hatesphere-/-Hath-/-Haunt-/-Hellbringer-/-High.on.Fire-/-Hooded.Menace-/-HORRENDOUS-/-Horrified-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Ihsahn-/-Immolation-/-Inanimate.Existence-/-Insomnium-/-Jungle.Rot-/-Kadaver-/-Kaoteon-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Khemmis-/-King.Goat-/-King.of.Asgard-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-LEGION.OF.THE.DAMNED-/-LIK-/-Lucifer's.Child-/-Magic.Circle-/-Magoth-/-Mammoth.Grinder-/-Master-/-Mastodon-/-MGLA-/-Miasmal-/-MIDNIGHT-/-MISERY.INDEX-/-Moonspell-/-Morta.Skuld-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Necrophobic-/-Necrot-/-Nuclear.Assault-/-Okkultist-/-Orange.Goblin-/-Ossuarium-/-Outre.Tomb-/-Phlebotomized-/-Power.Trip-/-Powerwolf-/-PRIMORDIAL-/-Profanal-/-Protector-/-Psycroptic-/-Replacaire-/-Revocation-/-Ripper-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Ruby.the.Hatchet-/-Sacred.Monster-/-Sacrifice-/-SATAN-/-Satyricon-/-Skálmöld-/-Skeletal.Remains-/-SOEN-/-Suffocation-/-Sulphur-/-SULPHUR.AEON-/-Taake-/-TANKARD-/-Tau.Cross-/-Temple.of.Void-/-Terrorizer-/-Testament-/-The.Crown-/-The.Lurking.Fear-/-The.Wretched.End-/-THULCANDRA-/-Thyrfing-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tribulation-/-Uada-/-Unleashed-/-VADER-/-Vampire-/-Vanum-/-Vektor-/-Venom.Inc.-/-Vesperia-/-Vredehammer-/-Watain-/-Xentrix/{white=booked}/{red=ruled.out}
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:20 am

Whatever band is announced next, I am fully expecting to be disappointed.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vektor-Vemod-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:26 am

Sgt. B wrote:Whatever band is announced next, I am fully expecting to be disappointed.

11 bands from your wishlist are already onbroad. Not happy enough? :D
    Wishlist:

metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalmaciejmetal » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:39 am

I would second Magnum
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:45 am

bodomdragon wrote:
    Sgt. B wrote:Whatever band is announced next, I am fully expecting to be disappointed.

No. :cool:
    The last group of ten has not really been to my tastes. It has put me in a bad mood regarding announcements. It will be fine when I get onbroad.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vektor-Vemod-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:31 am

Hoppy McGee wrote:With regards to the Pyramid Lounge discussion from earlier, I agree it's the shittiest of all the venues unless you can get there a bit early and get up close. Seeing a bucketlist big name band like Vader last year in that tiny little venue just feet away from them with the pit going nuts behind us was fucking insane! One of the best shows of the cruise for me!

So much this. We caught both Fleshgod Apocalypse and Vallenfyre in there last year, which were absolutely incredible sets. We were right up front though...I imagine it would have been far less fun had we been stuck in the back.

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Ihsahn - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:46 am

Sgt. B wrote:
    bodomdragon wrote:

No. :cool:
    The last group of ten has not really been to my tastes. It has put me in a bad mood regarding announcements. It will be fine when I get onbroad.

Jeez, that's what I call seeing the glass half empty.
    Wishlist:

• meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:50 am

Here comes Metallica :3drunks:
  • macamatic
    Petty Officer

by macamatic » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:28 am

Phoenix wrote:If it's Mechinae Supremacy someone should call TotalBiscuit. He's how I know them.

I will accept Melechesh, Metsatöll, or also Myrath. I've wanted an excuse to check them out.

Myrath is pretty good and solid live. They had an interesting stage setup and even brought a belly dancer with them when I saw them. I would be happy with them.

How many black bands do we have? Two? Could definitely see Myrkur here. Not my thing, but she's kind of cute so I wouldn't mind. And from Andy's perspective, it could open up a few more cabins for passengers if she doesn't bring her own band. Apparently Meshuggah also has an opening in their schedule, but that would be a BIG name at this stage.

Or the crank clue actually means something and it's a band with a machine-related name. Probably not Machine Head.
    2017: 6523 | 2018: 2546

Want: Ancient Bards, Dark Tranquillity, Deadlock, Disarmonia Mundi, In Mourning, Insomnium, Symphony X, The Unguided, Wintersun, Within Temptation
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:44 am

macamatic wrote:Or the crank clue actually means something and it's a band with a machine-related name. Probably not Machine Head.

That's why I suggested Machinae Supremacy :)
    Wishlist:

Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:30 am

macamatic wrote:Could definitely see Myrkur here. Not my thing, but she's kind of cute so I wouldn't mind. And from Andy's perspective, it could open up a few more cabins for passengers if she doesn't bring her own band.

Saw Myrkur open for Behemoth earlier this year. She is absolutely brilliant live. I've never seen a group of rowdy metalheads get as quiet as they did when she played her cover of Bathory's "Song To Hall Up High" (bad camera work, but decent sound). It was really quite amazing...you could have heard a pin drop in that place.

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    TPH
    Chief Petty Officer

by TPH » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:04 pm

I saw Myrkur at the Hellfest, and left early. The fact that she needs two mic's (one for clean vocals, the other one for harsh/black metal vocals) was screaming "FAAAAKE" the whole time I stayed, really couldn't get into this. The music is not bad, but I just can't get the fact that she's probably a label's stunt out of my head.
    Wacken 2003
    Fury Fest 2004-2005, Hellfest 2006 to 2017
    70K 2017 - cabin 2250
    70K 2018 - cabin 8215
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:09 pm

Looking at http://www.nuclearblast.de/en/label/music/tourdates/index.html, timing-wise Meshuggah, Memoriam and Metal Church are playing a couple weeks after the cruise and not during.
    And they leaked Overkill (just kidding)
    Agnostic.Front-/-Akercocke-/-Alien.Weaponry-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Anaal.Nathrakh-/-Animals.As.Leaders-/-Behemoth-/-Between.The.Buried.And.Me-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Star.Riders-/-Body.Count-/-Brujeria-/-Candiria-/-Candlemass-/-Cattle.Decapitation-/-Combichrist-/-Dark.Angel-/-Deicide-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-DRI-/-Entombed-/-Evile-/-Fear.Factory-/-Flotsam.and.Jetsam-/-Galakticon.-/-Ghost-/-Godflesh-/-Gojira-/-Green.Carnation-/-Gutalax-/-Hatebreed-/-Iron.Reagan-/-Jungle.Rot-/-KMFDM-/-Kvelertak-/-Lost.Society-/-Loudblast-/-Manowar-/-Melechesh-/-Memoriam-/-Mercyful.Fate-/-Ministry-/-M.O.D.-/-Morbid.Angel-/-Morgoth-/-Municipal.Waste-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Nails-/-Nuclear.Assault-/-Pig.Destroyer-/-Power.Trip-/-Protector-/-Rivers.Of.Nihil-/-Ross.The.Boss-/-Sacred.Reich-/-Saxon-/-Six.Feet.Under-/-Sleep-/-Stormtroopers.of.Beer-/-Suffocation-/-Suicidal.Tendencies-/-Tankard-/-Terrorizer-/-The.Crown-/-The.Faceless-/-The.Great.Old.Ones-/-The.Zenith.Passage-/-Thin.Lizzy-/-Triptykon-/-Trust-/-Tsjuder-/-Twelve.Foot.Ninja-/-UFO-/-Upon.A.Burning.Body-/-Vio-lence-/-Wrath-/-Xibalba
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

Re: We're Going To Have A Helluva Time

by Pellaz » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:39 pm

MonicaMM wrote:
    Downvod wrote: Doesn't stop people from trying... Nervosa in the lounge had some of the most crowdsurfing I've ever seen. It was insane.

YES!!!
    And I was one of those crazy crowdsurfers during Nervosa! :beerbang:

LOW CLEARANCE :)

Gotta say, the "crank" clue does point to a machine-y band (if it's a clue, and not a reference to cranking things up after Edenbridge).
    It'd be cool to have Melechesh back...although having Myrath on the boat along with Orphaned Land would be sweeeet.
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
    2019: Booked!
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:10 pm

TPH wrote:I saw Myrkur... and left early.

Us too. I gave her record a chance, just because of the Ulver connection and was left underwhelmed. I thought perhaps it would come across better live. Not the case. Perhaps the most boring live performance I've ever seen.

Godflesh wrote:Looking at http://www.nuclearblast.de/en/label/music/tourdates/index.html, timing-wise Meshuggah, Memoriam and Metal Church are playing a couple weeks after the cruise and not during.

Metal Church seems like a very reasonable guess given the clue.
    ***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:17 pm

TPH wrote:I saw Myrkur at the Hellfest, and left early. The fact that she needs two mic's (one for clean vocals, the other one for harsh/black metal vocals) was screaming "FAAAAKE" the whole time I stayed, really couldn't get into this. The music is not bad, but I just can't get the fact that she's probably a label's stunt out of my head.

Tomi (Amorphis) has that fancy microphone, it's just set differently for clean or growly vocals. Could just be that. Though it's quite possible you're right to yell fake.
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-November's.Doom-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-

Gonna take a lot to get me back next year.
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:57 pm

EDENBRIDGE
    Hmmm, been a long time since I listened to this band. Not my favorite of the girlie bands but I'll check them out.

Still waiting on something to be excited about..
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Liv-Kristine-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Asphyx-/-Wintersun-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Hanging-Garden-/-Tyranny-/-The-Foreshadowing-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Saturnus-/-Noumena-/-Blackthorn-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-Inactive-Messiah-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Saor-/-Process-Of-Guilt-/-Dark-Fortress-/-Orphaned-Land-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Novembers-Doom-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Numenorean-/-Clouds-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Oranssi-Pazuzu-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:44 pm

Edenbridge sound like a good band for the pool deck in the afternoon. I doubt if I'll see their indoor set(s). Not bad, but I have to eat sometime.
    Brothers.of.Metal-/-Vintersorg-/-Demons.and.Wizards-/-Powerwolf-/-Finntroll-/-Eisbrecher-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Teräsbetoni-/-Avantasia-/-Edguy-/-Grai-/-Astral.Doors-/-Nodfyr-/-Scarab-/-Mono.Inc.-/-Kontrust-/-Heathen.Foray-/-The.Dread.Crew.Of.Oddwood-/-Turisas-/-Deathstars
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:50 pm

I made it through about 60 seconds of an Edenbridge video, and that was all I could take.

Were those...bubbles?

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:20 pm

My guess is MORBID ANGEL: they have just signed up with UDR (Annihilator's label), have a new album coming this year, need some practice shows, and are playing with Overkill and Candlemass in August in Germany.
    AND, they've just announced a US tour with Suffocation and Revocation.
    AND, they would certainly crank things up a notch... or ten.
    AND, "We're about to crank it up some MORE"... BID ANGEL :-)

Last edited by Godflesh on Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
  • Post Reply 3266 posts