Post Reply 3265 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2017 Megathread
    Yippee38
    Petty Officer

Re: Rise And Shine!

by Yippee38 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:36 pm

Razor Ramon wrote:EDENBRIDGEStill waiting on something to be excited about..

Fosters? ;)
    TPH
    Chief Petty Officer

by TPH » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:41 am

Godflesh wrote:My guess is MORBID ANGEL: they have just signed up with UDR (Annihilator's label), have a new album coming this year, need some practice shows, and are playing with Overkill and Candlemass in August in Germany.
    AND, they've just announced a US tour with Suffocation and Revocation.
    AND, they would certainly crank things up a notch... or ten.
    AND, "We're about to crank it up some MORE"... BID ANGEL :-)

Morbid Angel would be so awesome! Especially now that David Vincent left, I've always preferred Tucker.
    And Gateways to Annihilation is one of the top 5 death metal albums ever. It's such a shame that the drums sound so artificial, I've heard cheap electronic kits sounding more real.
    Wacken 2003
    Fury Fest 2004-2005, Hellfest 2006 to 2023
    70K 2017 - cabin 2250
    70K 2018 - cabin 8215
    70K 2019 - cabin 10xxx (can't fucking remember)
  • AceHugger
    Petty Officer

Re: We're Going To Have A Helluva Time

by AceHugger » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:50 am

Pellaz wrote:
    Gotta say, the "crank" clue does point to a machine-y band (if it's a clue, and not a reference to cranking things up after Edenbridge).

I thought that too,

My first guess was MachineHead. - Not quite the titans they used to be, so might sit nicely on the bill. - that said it might be wishful thinking.

Meshuggah was the other one - as they are quite 'technical'

And Morbid Angel was a passing thought, - I see some others have mentioned it above. - Saw Suffocation the other week with Absu, - that'd be a cool late addition also. Plus most of the other bands alluded to on that poster are in some way connected to this cruise (or not)!
    2017 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
    2018 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
    MettalMiranda
    Oiler

by MettalMiranda » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:49 am

This will be my first cruise and i am absolutely stoked that this all came together ! :metalguy:

Demolition hammer - Onslaught - BullRiff Stampede - Kryptos -Seprevation -Gojira - Black Kirin - Ego Falls - Testament - Savage Messiah - Anthrax - Krysthla - Beholder - Demonic Resurrection - Reptilian Death - Bhyanak Maut- BurgerKill
    Daenerys
    Midshipman

by Daenerys » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:06 am

*waves* Hi Miranda! Super excited that we'll be seeing you both in a few weeks! :D
    Voyager-Vuur-GrandMagus-Myrath-Borknagar-NovembersDoom-Aeternam-Havok-TheHaloEffect-Moonspell-SepticFlesh-Sigh-BarrenEarth-Iotunn-ScarSymmetry-Nekrogoblikon
    TPH
    Chief Petty Officer

by TPH » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:12 pm

Not that I had high hopes, but Morbid Angel is definitely unlikely: I've just checked their latest news, and they hired a session drummer to record the drum parts for their next album.
    Which means they don't have a permanent drummer yet, and as the boat is leaving in only three weeks from now...
    Wacken 2003
    Fury Fest 2004-2005, Hellfest 2006 to 2023
    70K 2017 - cabin 2250
    70K 2018 - cabin 8215
    70K 2019 - cabin 10xxx (can't fucking remember)
    MonicaMM
    Crewman

Re: We're Going To Have A Helluva Time

by MonicaMM » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:46 pm

Pellaz wrote:
    LOW CLEARANCE :)

I'm so ready to do that again! :D
    2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2020 and 2023 survivor

Favorite bands: Amorphis - Samael - Moonspell - Blind Guardian - Therion - Paradise Lost - Rammstein - Avantasia - Helloween
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:51 pm

TPH wrote:Not that I had high hopes, but Morbid Angel is definitely unlikely: I've just checked their latest news, and they hired a session drummer to record the drum parts for their next album.
    Which means they don't have a permanent drummer yet, and as the boat is leaving in only three weeks from now...

Their new drummer was announced 2 days ago: http://loudwire.com/trey-azagthoth-new-morbid-angel-drummer-album-update/
    "We have all the drums recorded for the new record, performed by Scott Fuller from Annihilated, and will soon start on the guitars, vocals and bass."
    And their web site lists the new guitarist as well.

But yes, looks like they're busy with their new album, so unlikely.
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:58 pm

Anybody think it could be Metaspherical? Are any of the guys ruled out?
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

The Sailor Who Cried Wolf

by Andy » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:32 pm

Prepare to howl at the top of your lungs as we welcome MÅNEGARM onbroad 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise!

We're turning up the heat now! Hang tight until the next "A"nnouncement...

mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: The Sailor Who Cried Wolf

by mbob » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:38 pm

A good add but Amon Amarth would be better! "A" is next you say?!?!?!?

Andy wrote:Prepare to howl at the top of your lungs as we welcome MÅNEGARM onbroad 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise!

We're turning up the heat now! Hang tight until the next "A"nnouncement...

Last edited by mbob on Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

2025 - Maybe time to come out of 70K retirement!
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:46 pm

Amon Amarth or he is trolling us hard!
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:53 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:Amon Amarth or he is trolling us hard!

Been trolling us since July 7, lol. He usually rotates styles of music in the announcements. Doubt we'll see two Viking bands in a row. The only exception I think was Marduk and Vreid announced back to back.
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:54 pm

You guys. This is awesome. Thanks Andy!
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:57 pm

There's a friggin wolf IN the band's logo! WOW!

There's no way Andy is "turning up the heat" by announcing another Viking metal band, I think we're leaving the frozen north now.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:58 pm

Downvod wrote:

Been trolling us since July 7, lol. He usually rotates styles of music in the announcements. Doubt we'll see two Viking bands in a row. The only exception I think was Marduk and Vreid announced back to back.

"Crying Wolf" goes with Månegram but it also is a fable of someone constantly alluding to The Big Bad Wolf and him never comes.So Amon Amarth fits as with announcement gonna say they are next,
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:00 pm

If not Amon Amarth then this....

"Turning up the heat"? Ancient Bards? They have a song called Flaming Heart!
    Last edited by mbob on Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

2025 - Maybe time to come out of 70K retirement!
    captaingabbeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by captaingabbeh » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:01 pm

Ancient Bards would be cool. Still holding out hope for the Agonist.

I think at this point Amon Amarth is last announcement or nothing. Though I've been wrong before.

2015-2018,
    Goth Cruise 2019

Wishlist: Myrath-Skindred-Rotting Christ-Amorphis-Hypocrisy-Demons & Wizards-3TEETH-Emperor-Psyclon Nine-Ihsahn-Batushka-Anaal Nathrakh-Epica-Aeternam-Nightwish-Starkill-Primordial-Zeal & Ardor-Powerwolf
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:03 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:
    Downvod wrote:

"Crying Wolf" goes with Månegram but it also is a fable of someone constantly alluding to The Big Bad Wolf and him never comes.So Amon Amarth fits as with announcement gonna say they are next,

Yes I know the fable and I also caught that... but I'm done getting excited for Amon Amarth to be announced lol.

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    crazemidgt
    Crewman

by crazemidgt » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:06 pm

Downvod wrote:

Has there been any other clues along the way that could allude to Amon Amarth? I know they have had a lot of A announcements, but I can't recall if any were trolly enough to really make us think of Amon Amarth other than us just really wanting them!

But with this clue:
    Hang on tight - something to do with being on a viking ship riding into battle (Typically you'd think of turbulent seas, therefore you'd have to hold on tight)
    Turning up the heat - Mount Doom!!!!

Both clues point to:
    Amon Amarth!
    70K 2017 Cabin - 6232

70K Survivor - 2015
    Wacken - 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014
    MetalDays - 2014
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:10 pm

MÅNEGARM

Fuck yeah!
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:14 pm

Y'all are getting your hopes up, I'm telling you. Amon Amarth would be last or nothing at this point. The biggest band this could be is Allegaeon is my guess.

And if I'm wrong and it is Amon Amarth, then yay you win! But seriously, don't get so up with the hopes!

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:19 pm

Hopefully it's Ablaze In Hatred.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
  • macamatic
    Petty Officer

by macamatic » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:19 pm

mbob wrote:If not Amon Amarth then this....

Gahhhhhh! Why? Why do you do this to me?
    2017: 6523 | 2018: 2546

Want: Ancient Bards, Dark Tranquillity, Deadlock, Disarmonia Mundi, In Mourning, Insomnium, Symphony X, The Unguided, Wintersun, Within Temptation
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:21 pm

mbob wrote:If not Amon Amarth then this....

God I hope you are right!!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • sara
    Petty Officer

by sara » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:23 pm

Maybe the "heat" is from Spain, and Angelus Apatrida are next?
    Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
    crazemidgt
    Crewman

by crazemidgt » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:29 pm

Could also have Alestorm...I know they were ruled out because of Glory Hammer but apparently Chris doesn't play live with them? So given that they are currently in Florida recording a new album how likely is it that they will be on the boat?
    70K 2017 Cabin - 6232

70K Survivor - 2015
    Wacken - 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014
    MetalDays - 2014
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:29 pm

sara wrote:Maybe the "heat" is from Spain, and Angelus Apatrida are next?

That would rule. I haven't seen them yet.
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:45 pm

sara wrote:Maybe the "heat" is from Spain, and Angelus Apatrida are next?

Or it could just be any metal band on the planet that starts with A :P

These "clues" have been very vague or not clues at all. Best I can tell the 'crank it up' clue after Edenbridge doesn't point to Manegarm in any way other than they are way heavier than Edenbridge :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:48 pm

Phoenix wrote:Y'all are getting your hopes up, I'm telling you. Amon Amarth would be last or nothing at this point. The biggest band this could be is Allegaeon is my guess.

And if I'm wrong and it is Amon Amarth, then yay you win! But seriously, don't get so up with the hopes!

I've only listened to a few songs but Manegarm to me so far sound kinda similar to Amon Amarth.

This late in the game to have two bands of similar styles, from the same country, announced would be highly unlikely I reckon.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    dws515
    Oiler

by dws515 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:06 pm

Never heard of Manegarm, but I like what I hear! It sounds like Amon Amarth and Tyr mashed together, and that's just fine with me! Hoping for Amon Amarth or Alestorm next! :viking:
    9 time cruiser, can't wait for round 10!
  • macamatic
    Petty Officer

by macamatic » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:09 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    Phoenix wrote:Y'all are getting your hopes up, I'm telling you. Amon Amarth would be last or nothing at this point. The biggest band this could be is Allegaeon is my guess.

I've only listened to a few songs but Manegarm to me so far sound kinda similar to Amon Amarth.

This late in the game to have two bands of similar styles, from the same country, announced would be highly unlikely I reckon.

Not to mention we already have 12 (!) Swedish bands. Compare that to 15 from the US, which I assume leads.
    2017: 6523 | 2018: 2546

Want: Ancient Bards, Dark Tranquillity, Deadlock, Disarmonia Mundi, In Mourning, Insomnium, Symphony X, The Unguided, Wintersun, Within Temptation
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:18 pm

Since the clues don't necessarily seem to mean anything now, I'll just go ahead and hope for Anaal Nathrakh, Allegaeon, or Amiensus.
    Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:29 pm

The only "A" associated with heat that comes to my mind is Anvil.

That said, Astral Doors have a couple of songs with fire in the title, and I'd buy Jess a drink if they got announced.
    Last edited by acidbasement on Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
    Danny24601
    Petty Officer

by Danny24601 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:32 pm

I was really hoping for Amon Amarth and more folk metal, and Månegarm appears to be both at once so I'm pretty happy with this. I love it when I've never heard of a band before they get announced, but as soon as I listen to them I know they're gonna be a 1/2 set band.
    Seventh.Wonder/Theocracy/The.Night.Flight.Orchestra/Draconian/My.Dying.Bride/Primordial/Turisas/Katatonia/Swallow.the.Sun/Eluveitie/Seven.Spires/Tyr/Soilwork/Helloween/Countless.Skies/Anaal.Nathrakh/Frozen.Crown/Sonata.Arctica/Powerwolf/Blind.Guardian/Avantasia/Within.Temptation/Aephanemer/Serenity/Saturnus/Moonspell/Scardust/The.Halo.Effect/Sabaton/Noumena/Sojourner/Dragony/Omnium.Gatherum/Soen/Paradise.Lost/Shape.of.Despair/Hamferd/Aether.Realm/Brothers.of.Metal/Dawn.of.Solace/Tribulation/Twilight.Force/Be'lakor/Wilderun/Beast.in.Black/Ensiferum/Serenity.in.Murder/Dimmu.Borgir/Amon.Amarth/Visigoth/Satyricon/Cradle.of.Filth/Unleash.the.Archers/Moonsorrow/Epica
  • alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:43 pm

As has already been said, the clues haven't really been clues so far, but:

-Amon Amarth = Mount Doom = FIREy volcano
    -Cried wolf = every time A is announced, everyone always demands Amon Amarth
    -The letter A is next.

I would think that if - oh fuck it, there's no logic here.
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:44 pm

Andy wrote:We're turning up the heat now! Hang tight until the next "A"nnouncement...

Turning up the heat would produce ash. Could mean Ashes to Ares. Would love to have Barlow on the boat. Given we already have the drummer (Van Williams) from Ghost Ship, could be.
    ***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:03 pm

General Zod wrote:
    Andy wrote:We're turning up the heat now! Hang tight until the next "A"nnouncement...

Turning up the heat would produce ash. Could mean Ashes to Ares. Would love to have Barlow on the boat. Given we already have the drummer (Van Williams) from Ghost Ship, could be.

Actually makes a lot of sense... also overdue for that type of band. Think you may be right.

• big perken
    Crewman

by big perken » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:15 pm

He might be back to not giving clues again. I hope so and its assassin for some german thrash
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:21 pm

macamatic wrote:
    Not to mention we already have 12 (!) Swedish bands. Compare that to 15 from the US, which I assume leads.

Indeed :) Here is the breakdown so far!

15 USA - Anthrax, Cattle Decapitation, Death Angel, Demolition Hammer, Devildriver, Dying Fetus, Ghost Ship Octavius, Kamelot, Nile, Powerglove, Revocation, Stuck Mojo, Suffocation, Testament, Trauma
    12 SWEDEN - Amaranthe, Arch Enemy, Avatarium, Draconian, Grave, Manegarm, Marduk, Misery Loves Co, Pain, Scar Symmetry, Therion, Unleashed
    8 GERMANY - Axxis, Equilibrium, Grave Digger, Haggard, Orden Ogan, Saltatio Mortis, Uli Jon Roth, Xandria
    6 FINLAND - Amorphis, Kalmah, Moonsorrow, Mors Principium Est, Omnium Gatherum, Stam1na
    2 FRANCE - Gojira, Nightmare
    2 NORWAY - Trollfest, Vreid
    2 AUSTRIA - Edenbridge, Serenity
    1 CANADA - Annihilator
    1 IRELAND - Cruachan
    1 ISRAEL - Orphaned Land
    1 AUSTRALIA - Psycroptic
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
Post Reply 3265 posts