Post Reply 3266 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2017 Megathread
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

Re: Triple Play

by bodomdragon » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:27 am

Striker is certainly a good add! Hopefully I'll catch a set.

You gotta love our troll skipper. Not only we don't get a letter for the last band, but we also get a SOON. But it feels just right because this time we have almost the whole lineup two weeks before sailing. Cheers on that!!!! :bangers:
    Wishlist:
    AETERNAM--Alestorm--Allegaeon--
    Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Dark.Tranquillity--Devin.Townsend--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--DREAM.THEATER--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Freedom.call--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Helloween--IN.MOURNING--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--Kreator--Masterplan--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--Moonsorrow--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SABATON--Seven.Spires--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--SOEN--Soilwork--Stratovarius--SYMPHONY.X--TERAMAZE--_Tomorrows.Eve--Triosphere--Therion--THRESHOLD--Unisonic--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Wolfheart

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor | 2020: BOOKED
  • Mark
    Petty Officer

by Mark » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:20 am

Dalriada? Really??
    How many sets am I supposed to see this year?
    Another 2 setter for sure :headbanger:
    Alestorm/Amaranthe/Anneke/Avantasia/Blind Guardian/Civil War/Devin Townsend/Apokalyptische Reiter/Edguy/Ensiferum/Equilibrium/Falconer/Gloryhammer/Grave Digger/Heidevolk/Korpiklaani/Omnium Gatherum/Powerwolf/Rage/Sabaton/Saxon/Therion/Trollfest/Wintersun
    Downvod
    Chief Petty Officer

by Downvod » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:43 am

Holy shit... just listened to one Dalriada song and I am sold!
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402

Abbath-/-Aeternam-/-Aetherian-/-Aether.Realm-/-Alestorm-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-At.the.Gates-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE’LAKOR-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carach.Angren-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Cruachan-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-DEATH.ANGEL-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-De.Profundis-/-Devin.Townsend-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Emperor-/-Enslaved-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Exodus-/-Finntroll-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghost.Ship.Octavius-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Havok-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Iced.Earth-/-IHSAHN-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-In.Mourning-/-Insomnium-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-MELECHESH-/-Mgla-/-MOONSORROW-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Obscura-/-Omnium.Gatherum-/-Oni-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-SOILWORK-/-Solution.45-/-Sunburst-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-Taake-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WINTERSUN-/-Witchery-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
  • sara
    Petty Officer

by sara » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:36 am

Glad Striker is on, and I really am liking Witchtrap. Still no crossover, but I'll live.

Dalriada is surprising to me. I'd heard of them about 10 years ago and not at all since, now here they are being requested by name and getting booked, lol. I like Cruachan better but might check a set out of curiosity.
    Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
  • elj4176
    Petty Officer

by elj4176 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:55 am

That's a solid 0 sets for the last 15 announcements for me but that's okay. There are plenty of bands I want to see this time around. Glad people are happy for some of these. As for the last band - I feel like we are getting trolled a bit and it'll be another band that 5 people have heard of as opposed to a big name like Amon Amarth or Overkill.
    Survivor 2016, 2017

pics from 2016
    https://flic.kr/s/aHskFsgBhm
    crazemidgt
    Crewman

by crazemidgt » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:18 am

This lineup is stupid insane. There are so many bands which are going to be awesome to check out! I am stoked and can't wait another 2 weeks until boarding. Thank you skipper!

I am imagining the final announcement will happen during the beach party, probably a live announcement opposed to a post?
    70K 2017 Cabin - 6232

70K Survivor - 2015
    Wacken - 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014
    MetalDays - 2014
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:42 am

All 3 of these bands are pretty awesome. I only have 7 bands that I am not interested is seeing this year. Scheduling is going to be a bitch especially after the final, Amon Amarth, announcement!
    2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - It has been a blast and I will miss everyone but it is a big NOPE for me!
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:14 am

Fuck, this Dalriada band is AWESOME! If they're this good live I think I just found my winner for the Cripper award.

I looked up this Carcass band after that tease came out yesterday - Michael Amott used to be in the band? Are they melodeath? I'm listening...
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-November's.Doom-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-

Save these guys for 2021, Andy.
    metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalmaciejmetal » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:14 am

Striker! Yes, glad to see there's much more hosers than last time, eh? Those boys are gonna give'r.
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
    metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalmaciejmetal » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:17 am

Phoenix wrote:Fuck, this Dalriada band is AWESOME! If they're this good live I think I just found my winner for the Cripper award.

I looked up this Carcass band after that tease came out yesterday - Michael Amott used to be in the band? Are they melodeath? I'm listening...

the devil you say? Yes most certainly check out Carcass. Absolute magnificence. I suppose melodic death metal for the most part. Their last album, Surgical Steel, is an absolute masterpiece. Check out Heartwork as well.
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
    TPH
    Chief Petty Officer

by TPH » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:20 am

Phoenix wrote:Fuck, this Dalriada band is AWESOME! If they're this good live I think I just found my winner for the Cripper award.

Carcass are definitely melodeath, but were also known as one of the earliest grindcore bands.
    Although grindcore is a style for which I have no interest, I love Carcass' grindcore albums. Their more death/melodic stuff never really worked great for me.

early/dirty Carcass: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YVW9GmPiaM
    late/melodic Carcass: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpbpOgUybBM
    Wacken 2003
    Fury Fest 2004-2005, Hellfest 2006 to 2019
    70K 2017 - cabin 2250
    70K 2018 - cabin 8215
    70K 2019 - cabin 10xxx (can't fucking remember)
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:41 am

Agreed, I've been listening to them all morning. Will definitely be catching a set or two.
    Survivor 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 (booked)

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:49 am

So does Dalriada get any heavier than just Renn Faire Folk level?Listening to their latest album and that all it was.
    Striker on the other hand seems like a solid add,a few albums and like what I heard so far.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:10 am

Dalriada are amazing. This is a surprise discovery for me.
    2020 Wishlist: Boat, friends, bands, karaoke, hot, Sorrentos, Windjammer, coffee, Satan, love, alcohol.
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:01 am

Thanks for the Carcass recommendations everybody - gave them a listen and they are real strong.
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-November's.Doom-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-

mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:30 am

Ditto! I too am digging them. Will try and catch both of their sets if I can. Hopefully they will not be one of the unlucky ones and have a 10am pool deck slot since those usually get canceled the most.

acidbasement wrote:Dalriada are amazing. This is a surprise discovery for me.
    2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - It has been a blast and I will miss everyone but it is a big NOPE for me!
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:07 pm

Witchtrap sounds good also ,early stuff is NWOBHM with some thrash elements.Awesome album covers also.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:16 pm

How am I gonna find enough energy and time to see all the bands I wanna check out ? :beerhorns: :givebeer:
    ExtraneouS
    Petty Officer

by ExtraneouS » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:41 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:So does Dalriada get any heavier than just Renn Faire Folk level?Listening to their latest album and that all it was.

Were you listening to Forras? If so, that's their one acoustic album, their other ones are much heavier than the grandpa guitars on that album.
    Wishlist
    Æther-Realm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amaon-Amarth-/-Amaranthe-/-Amorphis-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Annihilator-/-Arch-Enemy-/-Arkona-/-Asenblut-/-Avantasia-/-Avartarium-/-Axxis-/-Babymetal-/-Battlecross-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Be'lakor-/-Blind-Guardian-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodbound-/-Brendon-Small-/-Brymir-/-Cain's-Offering-/-Carach-Angren-/-Cattle-Decapitation-/-Children-Of-Bodom-/-Chthonic-/-Crimson-Shadows-/-Dalriada-/-Derdian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dying-Fetus-/-Edguy-/-Eluveitie-/-Ensiferum-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-Evil-Scarecrow-/-Ex-Deo-/-Fairyland-/-Falconer-/-Fallujah-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Galneryus-/-Ghost-B.C.-/-Gloryhammer-/-Goatwhore-/-God-Dethroned-/-Gojira-/-Haggard-/-Hammerfall-/-Iron-Savior-/-Kalmah-/-Kamelot-/-Lagerstein-/-Moonsorrow-/-Mors-Principium-Est-/-Nanowar-Of-Steel-/-Nightwish-/-Omnium-Gatherum-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Powerwolf-/-Rumahoy-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio-Mortis-/-Serenity-/-Skálmöld-/-Skyfire-/-Solar-Fragment-/-Steel-Panther-/-Swashbuckle-/-Symphony-X-/-The-Dread-Crew-Of-Oddwood-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Twilight-Force-/-Týr-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Valhalore-/-Van-Canto-/-Visigoth-/-Wintersun-/-Ye-Banished-Privateers
    70k2015 Survivor - 2328
    70k2016 Survivor - 7511
    70k2017 Survivor - 6523
    70k2019 - 3336
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:54 pm

Dalriada can get pretty darn heavy.

I reckon they are gonna crush it live. Cannot wait!!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm-/-70K
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:44 pm

ExtraneouS wrote:
    deathmetalpat wrote:So does Dalriada get any heavier than just Renn Faire Folk level?Listening to their latest album and that all it was.

Were you listening to Forras? If so, that's their one acoustic album, their other ones are much heavier than the grandpa guitars on that album.

Yes ,it is like giving someone The Damnation cd by Opeth as their first taste of band lol.All 3 of these bands are actually very good,full schedule.Witchtrap latest is excellent also ,glad for 2 weeks of some power listening to get familiar with these 3.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

2 Weeks!

by Andy » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:41 pm

Sailors!

In exactly 2 weeks you will be onbroad 70000TONS​ OF METAL 2017!

4 Days, 60 Bands, 1 Cruise Ship and only 3000 Tickets - #Round7 of The Original, The World’s Biggest Heavy #MetalCruise will sail February 2-6 from Ft. Lauderdale FL to #Labadee on board the Independence Of The Seas.

Haven’t booked your ticket yet? Click here to book now! Don’t wait, only a select number of Single Tickets and Private Cabins are left. You don’t want to miss the boat!

cowboy71
    Commander

Re: 2 Weeks!

by cowboy71 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:45 pm

Don't keep us hanging skip!

Give us the final band and the running order - would be rad to have all that before we fly out for a change :beerbang:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:18 pm

DALRIADA
    Hmm, alright.

STRIKER / WITCHTRAP
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Liv-Kristine-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Asphyx-/-Wintersun-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-The-Foreshadowing-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Saturnus-/-Noumena-/-Blackthorn-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Dark-Fortress-/-Orphaned-Land-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Novembers-Doom-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    Yippee38
    Crewman

by Yippee38 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:16 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Dalriada can get pretty darn heavy.

Care to share a link to what gave you that impression? The song I tried to listen to, I didn't past the first 10 seconds after the vocals started. I thought I was gonna drown in bubble gum and syrup. It was light, pop and Ugh!
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:25 pm

Yippee38 wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:Dalriada can get pretty darn heavy.

Care to share a link to what gave you that impression? The song I tried to listen to, I didn't past the first 10 seconds after the vocals started. I thought I was gonna drown in bubble gum and syrup. It was light, pop and Ugh!

In isolation I could listen to a lot of heavy bands for 10 seconds and think that.

If you are not a fan of folk metal than these guys aren't gonna convert you, but A Hadak Utja is an example of their (somewhat) heavier material:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wo3hDzPDYIU
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:44 pm

cowboy71 wrote:If you are not a fan of folk metal than these guys aren't gonna convert you, but A Hadak Utja is an example of their (somewhat) heavier material:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wo3hDzPDYIU

That's seriously Maiden/Thin Lizzy territory starting around 4:00...
    Agnostic.Front-/-Akercocke-/-Alien.Weaponry-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Anaal.Nathrakh-/-Animals.As.Leaders-/-Behemoth-/-Between.The.Buried.And.Me-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Star.Riders-/-Body.Count-/-Brujeria-/-Candiria-/-Candlemass-/-Cattle.Decapitation-/-Combichrist-/-Dark.Angel-/-Deicide-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-DRI-/-Entombed-/-Evile-/-Fear.Factory-/-Flotsam.and.Jetsam-/-Galakticon.-/-Ghost-/-Godflesh-/-Gojira-/-Green.Carnation-/-Gutalax-/-Hatebreed-/-Iron.Reagan-/-Jungle.Rot-/-KMFDM-/-Kvelertak-/-Lost.Society-/-Loudblast-/-Manowar-/-Melechesh-/-Memoriam-/-Mercyful.Fate-/-Ministry-/-M.O.D.-/-Morbid.Angel-/-Morgoth-/-Municipal.Waste-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Nails-/-Nuclear.Assault-/-Pig.Destroyer-/-Power.Trip-/-Protector-/-Rivers.Of.Nihil-/-Ross.The.Boss-/-Sacred.Reich-/-Saxon-/-Six.Feet.Under-/-Sleep-/-Stormtroopers.of.Beer-/-Suffocation-/-Suicidal.Tendencies-/-Tankard-/-Terrorizer-/-The.Crown-/-The.Faceless-/-The.Great.Old.Ones-/-The.Zenith.Passage-/-Thin.Lizzy-/-Triptykon-/-Trust-/-Tsjuder-/-Twelve.Foot.Ninja-/-UFO-/-Upon.A.Burning.Body-/-Vio-lence-/-Wrath-/-Xibalba
    AceHugger
    Petty Officer

by AceHugger » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:29 am

Two weeks..... two wEEKS...... TWO WEEKS

:death:
    2017 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
    2018 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
  • elj4176
    Petty Officer

by elj4176 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:49 am

So after seeing everyone hyped for Dalraida I gave them another listen (including the track statsman linked) and confirmed that folk metal is just not for me. Also checked out some more Striker and I thought I was listening to Stryper (late 80's/early 90's cheese hair metal). Not bad just not something I'm gonna go see.

I did kinda like Witchtrap though so maybe I'll check out one of their sets.
    Survivor 2016, 2017

pics from 2016
    Madkill
    Petty Officer

by Madkill » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:27 am

THIS

elj4176 wrote:That's a solid 0 sets for the last 15 announcements for me but that's okay. There are plenty of bands I want to see this time around. Glad people are happy for some of these. As for the last band - I feel like we are getting trolled a bit and it'll be another band that 5 people have heard of as opposed to a big name like Amon Amarth or Overkill.
    "All in the same boat
    Rockin' on the same route,
    We gotta get together, join each other"
    - Bob Marley
    biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:38 am

This is probably my favorite line up for 70K besides the first cruise (but I missed that one). Some of the repeats are bands I like and this cruise has the most bands that I have not ever seen. Bands I have NOT seen ever rates very highly for me because it's pretty difficult to find one I haven't seen. :lol:

Keep it up Andy, I'm stoked. :beerbang:
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
    Downvod
    Chief Petty Officer

by Downvod » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:48 am

I had a dream last night that I was on 70k, and the cruise was now two separate ships traveling side-by-side. You had to choose which ship you wanted to go on based on which bands you preferred to see, and you could then switch boats at the destination port. I thought this would be absolute hell trying to decide which boat to go on, and which sets you wanted to sacrifice. I told this to my friend, and he suggested they do 'The World's Longest Zip Line Over Water' between the two ships so you could travel back and forth as desired. Picturing this brought great amusement to my Friday morning, so I had to share...

Abbath-/-Aeternam-/-Aetherian-/-Aether.Realm-/-Alestorm-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-At.the.Gates-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE’LAKOR-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carach.Angren-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Cruachan-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-DEATH.ANGEL-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-De.Profundis-/-Devin.Townsend-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Emperor-/-Enslaved-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Exodus-/-Finntroll-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghost.Ship.Octavius-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Havok-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Iced.Earth-/-IHSAHN-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-In.Mourning-/-Insomnium-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-MELECHESH-/-Mgla-/-MOONSORROW-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Obscura-/-Omnium.Gatherum-/-Oni-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-SOILWORK-/-Solution.45-/-Sunburst-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-Taake-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WINTERSUN-/-Witchery-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    capacitator51
    Oiler

by capacitator51 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:53 am

Downvod wrote:I had a dream last night that I was on 70k, and the cruise was now two separate ships traveling side-by-side. You had to choose which ship you wanted to go on based on which bands you preferred to see, and you could then switch boats at the destination port. I thought this would be absolute hell trying to decide which boat to go on, and which sets you wanted to sacrifice. I told this to my friend, and he suggested they do 'The World's Longest Zip Line Over Water' between the two ships so you could travel back and forth as desired. Picturing this brought great amusement to my Friday morning, so I had to share...

Hah, I've had some pretty weird dreams but this one may actually be a million-dollar idea.
    -|-Barren Earth-Behemoth-Devin.Townsend-Dimmu.Borgir-Enslaved-Harakiri.For.The.Sky-Hypocrisy-Ihsahn-Inquisition-Insomnium-In Vain-Kvelertak-Leprous-NeO-Oak.Pantheon-Rotting Christ-Septicflesh-Soen-Swallow.the.Sun-|-
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:56 am

Downvod wrote:I had a dream last night that I was on 70k, and the cruise was now two separate ships traveling side-by-side. You had to choose which ship you wanted to go on based on which bands you preferred to see, and you could then switch boats at the destination port. I thought this would be absolute hell trying to decide which boat to go on, and which sets you wanted to sacrifice. I told this to my friend, and he suggested they do 'The World's Longest Zip Line Over Water' between the two ships so you could travel back and forth as desired. Picturing this brought great amusement to my Friday morning, so I had to share...

Ziplining between ships? Now THAT I'd be in for. This particular zipline I'll probably miss though, there's one in BC I'm really keen on doing instead.

Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:30 am

Phoenix wrote:

Ziplining between ships? Now THAT I'd be in for. This particular zipline I'll probably miss though, there's one in BC I'm really keen on doing instead.

That's one of next years artist excursions. Zipiling and pillaging with Swashbuckle and Alestorm
    Downvod
    Chief Petty Officer

by Downvod » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:35 am

capacitator51 wrote:

Hah, I've had some pretty weird dreams but this one may actually be a million-dollar idea.

Two ships, 120 bands, one death defying excursion!

• elj4176
    Petty Officer

by elj4176 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:42 am

That will end up with 2 ships full of people yelling 'Your boat sucks!' at each other for 4 days.

Downvod wrote:
    capacitator51 wrote:

Two ships, 120 bands, one death defying excursion!
    Survivor 2016, 2017

pics from 2016
    metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalmaciejmetal » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:53 am

elj4176 wrote:That will end up with 2 ships full of people yelling 'Your boat sucks!' at each other for 4 days.

I suspect the other boat in question is the old guys at Monsters Of Rock. Last year the hotel shuttle guy that picked me up at the airport commented that the month prior there was another music cruise. He told me it was a "rock and roll cruise full of old people" The Def Leppard cruise I figured he was referring to.
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
    MettalMiranda
    Oiler

by MettalMiranda » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:35 pm

This is my very first time being on the boat. I truly have been having trouble sleeping , I know quite a few of the cruisers through facebook and twitter and the excitement just keeps ramping up . Any advice for a newbie ?

Demolition hammer - Onslaught - BullRiff Stampede - Kryptos -Seprevation -Gojira - Black Kirin - Ego Falls - Testament - Savage Messiah - Anthrax - Krysthla - Beholder - Demonic Resurrection - Reptilian Death - Bhyanak Maut- BurgerKill
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:54 pm

MettalMiranda wrote:This is my very first time being on the boat. I truly have been having trouble sleeping , I know quite a few of the cruisers through facebook and twitter and the excitement just keeps ramping up . Any advice for a newbie ?

Get to port early. Bring a hoodie, the wind is cold. Try not to eat the pizza, at all, if you can. It's not worth it. Tip is included in every purchase. Long island iced teas are the best to get you smashed (if you drink), since they free pour. Take breaks, and MAKE TIME TO RELAX AT THE PUB OR IN THE HOT TUB!

Post Reply 3266 posts