Post Reply 3266 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2017 Megathread
  • User avatar
    Masterbas
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 199
    Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:45 am
    Location: Montreal, Canada

    Re: 2 Weeks!

    by Masterbas » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:52 pm

    MettalMiranda wrote:This is my very first time being on the boat. I truly have been having trouble sleeping , I know quite a few of the cruisers through facebook and twitter and the excitement just keeps ramping up . Any advice for a newbie ?


    I can't say, I'm going on my first cruise also, and I'm going insane hahaha.
    2017 - Cabin 9580
    2018 - Cabin 9611
    2019 - Cabin 9675

    3.Inches.of.Blood.(wishfull.thinking.I.know)-/-Aeternam-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-An.Abstract.Illusion-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Arkona-/-At.Dawn's.Edge-/-Augury-/-Battlecross-/-Before.The.Dawn-/-Be'lakor-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Blackguard-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Cellar.Darling-/-Crimson.Shadows-/-Cruachan-/-Dark.Lunacy-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Delain-/-Devildriver-/-Die.Apokalyptischen.Reiter-/-Distoriam-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dreamtale-/-Eluveitie-/-Ensiferum-/-Epica-/-Emperor-/-Equilibrium-/-Euphoreon-/-Evocation-/-Excalion-/-Exmortus-/-Ex.Deo-/-Finntroll-/-Ghost.Ship.Octavius-/-Gloryhammer-/-Goatwhore-/-Gojira-/-Grailknights-/-Gyze-/-Hammerfall-/-Hands.of.Despair-/-Heaven's.Cry-/-Heidevolk-/-Helsott-/-Hollow-/-Insomnium-/-Insurrection-/-In.Vain-/-Kalmah-/-Kataklysm-/-Korpiklaani-/-Linndemann-/-Manegarm-/-Mayan-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Mors.Principium.Est-/-Naglfar-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Nekrogoblikon-/-Night.Demon-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Novembers.Doom-/-Omnium.Gatherum-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Orphaned.Land-/-Pain-/-Persefone-/-Phantasma-/-Powerglove-/-Powerwolf-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Sabaton-/-Sacrificed.Alliance-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Sanguine.Glacialis-/-Scar.Symmetry-/-Septicflesh-/-Serenity-/-Shade.Empire-/-Shape.the.Above-/-Shylmagoghnar-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Spacemak3r-/-Starkill-/-Steel.Panther-/-Steignyr-/-Stratovarius-/-Striker-/-Svartsot-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-Tenacious.D-/-Tengger.Cavalry-/-Terasbetoni-/-The.Agonist-/-The.Black.Dahlia.Murder-/-Therion-/-Tristania-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Van.Canto-/-Varg-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Volbeat-/-Wilderun-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfheart-/-Zonata-/-

    Red- Out for being on-board last year
    Green- It's ON
    Cyan- Most Wanted
  • User avatar
    dws515
    Oiler
    Posts: 37
    Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:01 pm
    Location: Boston, Massachussetts

    Re: 2 Weeks!

    by dws515 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:49 pm

    Yeah, I'm really struggling to pay attention at work! I'm also almost done with my first rule of metal cruise: Don't die before metal cruise! :death:
    9 time cruiser, can't wait for round 10!
  • drrock
    Crewman
    Posts: 68
    Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:43 am
    Location: Germany

    Re: 2 Weeks!

    by drrock » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:52 pm

    MettalMiranda wrote:This is my very first time being on the boat. I truly have been having trouble sleeping , I know quite a few of the cruisers through facebook and twitter and the excitement just keeps ramping up . Any advice for a newbie ?


    Enjoy every single moment!!!
    2017 = 40 yrs in rock and metal!
  • User avatar
    capacitator51
    Oiler
    Posts: 46
    Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:53 pm
    Location: Italy

    Re: 2 Weeks!

    by capacitator51 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:09 pm

    MettalMiranda wrote:This is my very first time being on the boat. I truly have been having trouble sleeping , I know quite a few of the cruisers through facebook and twitter and the excitement just keeps ramping up . Any advice for a newbie ?


    Bring your best time management skills. I got a couple curious looks last year for pulling out my homemade color-coded schedule, but it worked out for the best to be prepared. Things move quickly. That being said, don't stress about missing some things you wanted to see. For whatever reason (oversleeping, weather, getting lost), it's bound to happen at least once during the cruise.
    -|-Barren Earth-Behemoth-Devin.Townsend-Dimmu.Borgir-Enslaved-Harakiri.For.The.Sky-Hypocrisy-Ihsahn-Inquisition-Insomnium-In Vain-Kvelertak-Leprous-NeO-Oak.Pantheon-Rotting Christ-Septicflesh-Soen-Swallow.the.Sun-|-
  • User avatar
    Downvod
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 484
    Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:09 am
    Location: Twin Lakes, Wisconsin

    Re: 2 Weeks!

    by Downvod » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:42 pm

    Take care of yourself... it's a marathon and you have to make it through 4 days of nonstop insanity. If you are a drinker, pace yourself... alternate with water. There's nothing worse than having big plans to see all these bands and you drink to the point where you are passed out on a bench or even sick.
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402

    Abbath-/-Aeternam-/-Aetherian-/-Aether.Realm-/-Alestorm-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-At.the.Gates-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE’LAKOR-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carach.Angren-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Cruachan-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-DEATH.ANGEL-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-De.Profundis-/-Devin.Townsend-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Emperor-/-Enslaved-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Exodus-/-Finntroll-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghost.Ship.Octavius-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Havok-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Iced.Earth-/-IHSAHN-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-In.Mourning-/-Insomnium-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-MELECHESH-/-Mgla-/-MOONSORROW-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Obscura-/-Omnium.Gatherum-/-Oni-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-SOILWORK-/-Solution.45-/-Sunburst-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-Taake-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WINTERSUN-/-Witchery-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
  • User avatar
    Yippee38
    Crewman
    Posts: 83
    Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:49 am

    Re: Triple Play

    by Yippee38 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:33 pm

    cowboy71 wrote:In isolation I could listen to a lot of heavy bands for 10 seconds and think that.

    If you are not a fan of folk metal than these guys aren't gonna convert you, but A Hadak Utja is an example of their (somewhat) heavier material:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wo3hDzPDYIU


    Thanks man!

    I listened to more than 10 seconds of the song. It's just that 10 seconds into the vocals, I couldn't listen to anymore.

    I don't mind folk metal. I like some of it. The song I listened to sounded like pop disguised as fold metal (kinda like listening to Amaranthe for me <shudders>). The song you linked, I liked more. It started out really good. Heavy. That only lasted the intro though, but it still wasn't bad. I definitely liked the harsh vocals on this song. I like this guy's harsh vocals WAY more than the harsh vocals in Eluveitie. It still didn't do much for me. Not bad, but just didn't grab me in any way. I'll probably try a few more tracks from them. There's a greater chance I'll watch them if the female vocalist isn't singing. ;)
  • User avatar
    Downvod
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 484
    Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:09 am
    Location: Twin Lakes, Wisconsin

    Re: Triple Play

    by Downvod » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:42 pm

    Yippee38 wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:In isolation I could listen to a lot of heavy bands for 10 seconds and think that.

    If you are not a fan of folk metal than these guys aren't gonna convert you, but A Hadak Utja is an example of their (somewhat) heavier material:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wo3hDzPDYIU


    Thanks man!

    I listened to more than 10 seconds of the song. It's just that 10 seconds into the vocals, I couldn't listen to anymore.

    I don't mind folk metal. I like some of it. The song I listened to sounded like pop disguised as fold metal (kinda like listening to Amaranthe for me <shudders>). The song you linked, I liked more. It started out really good. Heavy. That only lasted the intro though, but it still wasn't bad. I definitely liked the harsh vocals on this song. I like this guy's harsh vocals WAY more than the harsh vocals in Eluveitie. It still didn't do much for me. Not bad, but just didn't grab me in any way. I'll probably try a few more tracks from them. There's a greater chance I'll watch them if the female vocalist isn't singing. ;)


    If Hajdutanc was the first song you were listening to, finish the song! Her vocals get way better in the chorus. She is actually the one doing a lot of the harsh vocals.
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402

    Abbath-/-Aeternam-/-Aetherian-/-Aether.Realm-/-Alestorm-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-At.the.Gates-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE’LAKOR-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carach.Angren-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Cruachan-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-DEATH.ANGEL-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-De.Profundis-/-Devin.Townsend-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Emperor-/-Enslaved-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Exodus-/-Finntroll-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghost.Ship.Octavius-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Havok-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Iced.Earth-/-IHSAHN-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-In.Mourning-/-Insomnium-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-MELECHESH-/-Mgla-/-MOONSORROW-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Obscura-/-Omnium.Gatherum-/-Oni-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-SOILWORK-/-Solution.45-/-Sunburst-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-Taake-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WINTERSUN-/-Witchery-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
  • JARI
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 206
    Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:34 am
    Location: Finland , jÄRVENPÄÄ

    Re: 2 Weeks!

    by JARI » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:13 pm

    Downvod wrote:Take care of yourself... it's a marathon and you have to make it through 4 days of nonstop insanity. If you are a drinker, pace yourself... alternate with water. There's nothing worse than having big plans to see all these bands and you drink to the point where you are passed out on a bench or even sick.

    Water? Dont drink water fish fuck in it.
    70k survivor 2013
    70k survivor 2015
    2017 cabin 6223
  • CatCross
    Wiper
    Posts: 4
    Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:40 pm
    Location: Las Vegas

    Re: 2 Weeks!

    by CatCross » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:08 pm

    First timer here too, so excited it's hard to get any work done. Sooo close :beerbang:
    2017 cabin 8699
    2018 cabin 1697
  • User avatar
    jdch28
    Crewman
    Posts: 76
    Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:26 am
    Location: Costa Rica

    Re: 2 Weeks!

    by jdch28 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:14 am

    CatCross wrote:First timer here too, so excited it's hard to get any work done. Sooo close :beerbang:


    I know that feeling haha

    Phoenix wrote: Get to port early.


    What would be a good time for arriving at the port?

    2017 Survivor (9361)
    2018 Survivor (2618)
    2018 Booked (2332)
  • User avatar
    ExtraneouS
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 193
    Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:14 pm
    Location: Halifax, NS, Canada

    Re: 2 Weeks!

    by ExtraneouS » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:15 am

    jdch28 wrote:
    CatCross wrote:First timer here too, so excited it's hard to get any work done. Sooo close :beerbang:


    I know that feeling haha

    Phoenix wrote: Get to port early.


    What would be a good time for arriving at the port?


    I'd say between 10:30 and noon is good, but it depends on what terminal the ship is in. Last year I got there at 10:30 and was on board at 11:30. The year before that, I was there at 10:30 and was on board at 1:30.
    Wishlist
    Æther-Realm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amaon-Amarth-/-Amaranthe-/-Amorphis-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Annihilator-/-Arch-Enemy-/-Arkona-/-Asenblut-/-Avantasia-/-Avartarium-/-Axxis-/-Babymetal-/-Battlecross-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Be'lakor-/-Blind-Guardian-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodbound-/-Brendon-Small-/-Brymir-/-Cain's-Offering-/-Carach-Angren-/-Cattle-Decapitation-/-Children-Of-Bodom-/-Chthonic-/-Crimson-Shadows-/-Dalriada-/-Derdian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dying-Fetus-/-Edguy-/-Eluveitie-/-Ensiferum-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-Evil-Scarecrow-/-Ex-Deo-/-Fairyland-/-Falconer-/-Fallujah-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Galneryus-/-Ghost-B.C.-/-Gloryhammer-/-Goatwhore-/-God-Dethroned-/-Gojira-/-Haggard-/-Hammerfall-/-Iron-Savior-/-Kalmah-/-Kamelot-/-Lagerstein-/-Moonsorrow-/-Mors-Principium-Est-/-Nanowar-Of-Steel-/-Nightwish-/-Omnium-Gatherum-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Powerwolf-/-Rumahoy-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio-Mortis-/-Serenity-/-Skálmöld-/-Skyfire-/-Solar-Fragment-/-Steel-Panther-/-Swashbuckle-/-Symphony-X-/-The-Dread-Crew-Of-Oddwood-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Twilight-Force-/-Týr-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Valhalore-/-Van-Canto-/-Visigoth-/-Wintersun-/-Ye-Banished-Privateers
    70k2015 Survivor - 2328
    70k2016 Survivor - 7511
    70k2017 Survivor - 6523
    70k2019 - 3336
  • User avatar
    Kingslayer
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 354
    Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:48 pm
    Location: Hellgary, Canada
    Contact:

    Re: 2 Weeks!

    by Kingslayer » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:27 am

    AceHugger wrote:Two weeks..... two wEEKS...... TWO WEEKS

    Image

    :death:

    I'm disappointed in myself for not having made the reference in any shape or form yesterday. I was so looking forward to it!
    2016: 9231
    2017: 6521
    2018: TBD

    Wishlist: Amon Amarth, Candlemass, Devin Townsend Project, Doomsword, Ex Deo, Gloryhammer, Grand Magus, Hypocrisy, King Diamond, Nile, Powerwolf, Running Wild, Septicflesh, Steel Panther, Unleash The Archers
  • User avatar
    MettalMiranda
    Oiler
    Posts: 15
    Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:11 pm
    Location: Pittsburgh , PA
    Contact:

    Re: 2 Weeks!

    by MettalMiranda » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:40 am

    dws515 wrote:Yeah, I'm really struggling to pay attention at work! I'm also almost done with my first rule of metal cruise: Don't die before metal cruise! :death:



    I am a waitress and honestly , this cruise is all i can think about at work . I really love my job , but i cannot stop thinking about what i packed my schedule for this upcoming week . trying to keep up with my workout schedule and the myriad of other things we all need to do to prepare. sleeping has definitely been difficult :metalguy:

    Demolition hammer - Onslaught - BullRiff Stampede - Kryptos -Seprevation -Gojira - Black Kirin - Ego Falls - Testament - Savage Messiah - Anthrax - Krysthla - Beholder - Demonic Resurrection - Reptilian Death - Bhyanak Maut- BurgerKill
  • User avatar
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2587
    Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 3:09 pm
    Location: Palm Harbor, FL

    Re: 2 Weeks!

    by Monmisreal » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:42 am

    JARI wrote:
    Downvod wrote:Take care of yourself... it's a marathon and you have to make it through 4 days of nonstop insanity. If you are a drinker, pace yourself... alternate with water. There's nothing worse than having big plans to see all these bands and you drink to the point where you are passed out on a bench or even sick.

    Water? Dont drink water fish fuck in it.


    Technically yeast fucks in booze though!
  • User avatar
    AceHugger
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 178
    Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:52 am
    Location: London, UK

    Re: 2 Weeks!

    by AceHugger » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:11 am

    MettalMiranda wrote:
    dws515 wrote:Yeah, I'm really struggling to pay attention at work! I'm also almost done with my first rule of metal cruise: Don't die before metal cruise! :death:



    I am a waitress and honestly , this cruise is all i can think about at work . I really love my job , but i cannot stop thinking about what i packed my schedule for this upcoming week . trying to keep up with my workout schedule and the myriad of other things we all need to do to prepare. sleeping has definitely been difficult :metalguy:


    I know what you mean. - I'm mega excited. - it's going to be a blast.
    2017 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
    2018 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
  • User avatar
    metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 375
    Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:27 pm
    Location: Mississauga, Ontario

    Re: 2 Weeks!

    by metalmaciejmetal » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:49 pm

    Dalriada is a must see having heard only one song
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
  • User avatar
    Papa Emeritus
    Oiler
    Posts: 18
    Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:38 am
    Location: Sweden

    Re: 2 Weeks!

    by Papa Emeritus » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:21 am

    Remember boys and ghouls, wear very comfortable shoes. Four nights on your feet in heels isn't a good idea.
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Posts: 1888
    Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:29 pm
    Location: Calgary, AB, Canada

    Re: 2 Weeks!

    by Phoenix » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:28 am

    Papa Emeritus wrote:Remember boys and ghouls, wear very comfortable shoes. Four nights on your feet in heels isn't a good idea.


    Not to mention pits are STICKY and FULL OF GLASS. Friend of mine wore flip flops to Grave Digger and wound up pulling a Die Hard. Bring sandals for beaches, sure, but bring comfy, well worn sneakers/boots to wear to shows.
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-November's.Doom-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-

    Gonna take a lot to get me back next year.
  • sara
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 269
    Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:51 pm
    Location: Boston

    Re: 2 Weeks!

    by sara » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:42 am

    Phoenix wrote:
    Papa Emeritus wrote:Remember boys and ghouls, wear very comfortable shoes. Four nights on your feet in heels isn't a good idea.


    Not to mention pits are STICKY and FULL OF GLASS. Friend of mine wore flip flops to Grave Digger and wound up pulling a Die Hard. Bring sandals for beaches, sure, but bring comfy, well worn sneakers/boots to wear to shows.


    I just put gel insoles in my combat boots. I'm also bringing flip flops and my trusty pair of brain-stained, falling apart Converse sneakers.

    The best venue to mosh in is Ice Rink B, but it does get the most slippery. I've seen a lot of drinks and/or Ghoul brains all over that floor and people slipping on all that mess.
    Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
  • User avatar
    Downvod
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 484
    Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:09 am
    Location: Twin Lakes, Wisconsin

    Re: 2 Weeks!

    by Downvod » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:51 pm

    I'm actually hating weekends right now. The time goes by faster when I am busy at work...
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402

    Abbath-/-Aeternam-/-Aetherian-/-Aether.Realm-/-Alestorm-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-At.the.Gates-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE’LAKOR-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carach.Angren-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Cruachan-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-DEATH.ANGEL-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-De.Profundis-/-Devin.Townsend-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Emperor-/-Enslaved-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Exodus-/-Finntroll-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghost.Ship.Octavius-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Havok-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Iced.Earth-/-IHSAHN-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-In.Mourning-/-Insomnium-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-MELECHESH-/-Mgla-/-MOONSORROW-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Obscura-/-Omnium.Gatherum-/-Oni-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-SOILWORK-/-Solution.45-/-Sunburst-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-Taake-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WINTERSUN-/-Witchery-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
  • User avatar
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 431
    Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:17 pm
    Location: Montgomery, Texas
    Contact:

    Re: 2 Weeks!

    by mbob » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:00 pm

    Well...just one more of those after today unless you fly out this week!


    Downvod wrote:I'm actually hating weekends right now. The time goes by faster when I am busy at work...
    2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Very unlikely...dates suck and tired of waiting!

    Please...AEther.Realm-|-Alestorm-|-Amaranthe-|-Amon.Amarth-|-Ancient.Bards-|-Anthrax-|-Apocalyptica-|-Astral.Doors-|-Atlas.Pain-|-Avantasia-|-Battle.Beast-|-Beast.in.Black-|-Behemoth-|-Belzebubs-|-Blind.Guardian-|-Borknagar-|-Brymir-|-Cain's.Offering-|-Chthonic-|-Civil.War-|-Dark.Moor-|-Dark.Tranquility-|-Death.Angel-|-Demons.and.Wizards-|-Dimmu.Borgir-|-Doro-|-DragonForce-|-Dragonland-|-Edguy-|-Epica-|-Equilibrium-|-Ex.Deo-|-Exodus-|-Firewind-|-Flotsam.and.Jetsam-|-Gamma.Ray-|-Grailknights-|-Grave.Digger-|-Gyze-|-Haggard-|-Hammerfall-|-Heathen.Foray-|-Helloween-|-Helstar-|-Holy.Grail-|-Hypocrisy-|-Iced.Earth-|-In.Extremo-|-Insomnium-|-Korpiklaani-|-Kreator-|-Lacuna.Coil-|-Lizzy.Borden-|-Moonspell-|-Myrkur-|-Nightwish-|-Nothgard-|-Oceans.of.Slumber-|-Omnium.Gatherum-|-Orden.Ogan-|-Powerwolf-|-Primordial-|-Psychostick-|-Refuge-|-Running.Wild-|-Sabaton-|-Saltatio.Mortis-|-Savatage-|-Saxon-|-Serious.Black-|-Shylmagoghnar-|-Skiltron-|-Stratovarius-|-Testament-|-Therion-|-Turisas-|-U.D.O.-|-Uli.Jon.Roth-|-Unisonic-|-Venom-|-Visigoth-|-Wintersun-|-Wolfheart-|-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
  • User avatar
    Downvod
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 484
    Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:09 am
    Location: Twin Lakes, Wisconsin

    Re: 2 Weeks!

    by Downvod » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:33 pm

    mbob wrote:Well...just one more of those after today unless you fly out this week!


    Downvod wrote:I'm actually hating weekends right now. The time goes by faster when I am busy at work...


    We'll be flying to Miami early morning Feb-1.
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402

    Abbath-/-Aeternam-/-Aetherian-/-Aether.Realm-/-Alestorm-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-At.the.Gates-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE’LAKOR-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carach.Angren-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Cruachan-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-DEATH.ANGEL-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-De.Profundis-/-Devin.Townsend-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Emperor-/-Enslaved-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Exodus-/-Finntroll-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghost.Ship.Octavius-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Havok-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Iced.Earth-/-IHSAHN-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-In.Mourning-/-Insomnium-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-MELECHESH-/-Mgla-/-MOONSORROW-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Obscura-/-Omnium.Gatherum-/-Oni-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-SOILWORK-/-Solution.45-/-Sunburst-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-Taake-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WINTERSUN-/-Witchery-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
  • User avatar
    Masterbas
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 199
    Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:45 am
    Location: Montreal, Canada

    Re: 2 Weeks!

    by Masterbas » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:41 am

    Papa Emeritus wrote:Remember boys and ghouls, wear very comfortable shoes. Four nights on your feet in heels isn't a good idea.


    So I have to bring my Crocs, is that what you're saying? :chug:
    2017 - Cabin 9580
    2018 - Cabin 9611
    2019 - Cabin 9675

    3.Inches.of.Blood.(wishfull.thinking.I.know)-/-Aeternam-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-An.Abstract.Illusion-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Arkona-/-At.Dawn's.Edge-/-Augury-/-Battlecross-/-Before.The.Dawn-/-Be'lakor-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Blackguard-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Cellar.Darling-/-Crimson.Shadows-/-Cruachan-/-Dark.Lunacy-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Delain-/-Devildriver-/-Die.Apokalyptischen.Reiter-/-Distoriam-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dreamtale-/-Eluveitie-/-Ensiferum-/-Epica-/-Emperor-/-Equilibrium-/-Euphoreon-/-Evocation-/-Excalion-/-Exmortus-/-Ex.Deo-/-Finntroll-/-Ghost.Ship.Octavius-/-Gloryhammer-/-Goatwhore-/-Gojira-/-Grailknights-/-Gyze-/-Hammerfall-/-Hands.of.Despair-/-Heaven's.Cry-/-Heidevolk-/-Helsott-/-Hollow-/-Insomnium-/-Insurrection-/-In.Vain-/-Kalmah-/-Kataklysm-/-Korpiklaani-/-Linndemann-/-Manegarm-/-Mayan-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Mors.Principium.Est-/-Naglfar-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Nekrogoblikon-/-Night.Demon-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Novembers.Doom-/-Omnium.Gatherum-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Orphaned.Land-/-Pain-/-Persefone-/-Phantasma-/-Powerglove-/-Powerwolf-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Sabaton-/-Sacrificed.Alliance-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Sanguine.Glacialis-/-Scar.Symmetry-/-Septicflesh-/-Serenity-/-Shade.Empire-/-Shape.the.Above-/-Shylmagoghnar-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Spacemak3r-/-Starkill-/-Steel.Panther-/-Steignyr-/-Stratovarius-/-Striker-/-Svartsot-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-Tenacious.D-/-Tengger.Cavalry-/-Terasbetoni-/-The.Agonist-/-The.Black.Dahlia.Murder-/-Therion-/-Tristania-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Van.Canto-/-Varg-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Volbeat-/-Wilderun-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfheart-/-Zonata-/-

    Red- Out for being on-board last year
    Green- It's ON
    Cyan- Most Wanted
  • User avatar
    metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 375
    Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:27 pm
    Location: Mississauga, Ontario

    Re: 2 Weeks!

    by metalmaciejmetal » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:23 am

    Masterbas wrote:
    So I have to bring my Crocs, is that what you're saying? :chug:


    Never wear crocs!

    Last year couple of the Belphegor guys were wearing their biker boots hanging out in Jamaica. I figure if they can do it, so can I.
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
  • User avatar
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 311
    Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 1:14 pm
    Location: Philadelphia

    Re: 2 Weeks!

    by General Zod » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:34 am

    metalmaciejmetal wrote:Last year couple of the Belphegor guys were wearing their biker boots hanging out in Jamaica. I figure if they can do it, so can I.

    To my way of thinking, one of the benefits of not being an active member of Belphegor is you have greater footwear options.
    ***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine
  • J.m.Andersson
    Oiler
    Posts: 37
    Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:50 am
    Location: Stockholm, Sweden

    Re: 2 Weeks!

    by J.m.Andersson » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:57 am

    Jeebus. saw it was ten Days left and it just hit me, im not going this year, damn i feel empty inside now :cry:

    But i hope you guys have an awesome Cruise!
  • User avatar
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman
    Posts: 940
    Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:53 pm
    Location: Portland, OR U.S.A.

    Re: 2 Weeks!

    by DJ Old Man Stares » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:54 pm

    This lineup is off the hook. All of my favorite genres are represented enough that I can say that there will most definitely be conflicts of interest, and that is perfectly acceptable. No matter what my mood may or may not be, I will leave this vessel fully satisfied on all levels. :viking:
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
  • User avatar
    cowboy71
    Commander
    Posts: 6893
    Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:52 pm
    Location: Brisbane, Australia
    Contact:

    Re: 2 Weeks!

    by cowboy71 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:30 pm

    DJ Old Man Stares wrote:This lineup is off the hook. All of my favorite genres are represented enough that I can say that there will most definitely be conflicts of interest, and that is perfectly acceptable. No matter what my mood may or may not be, I will leave this vessel fully satisfied on all levels. :viking:

    YAY!

    While 2017 is not as off-the-chain ridiculous good for me as 2016 (last year I had some bands listed pre-cruise as 'must-catch-both-sets' that I didn't see at all!), this year is still rock solid. Four bucketlist never-seen-before bands, 6 more must-see-twice bands, and just a HEAP of bands that I'm 'yeah I'd love to catch a set' about.

    I'll be at the airport getting ready to fly out this time next week. YEAH.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
  • User avatar
    alex_canada
    Ensign
    Posts: 1140
    Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:23 pm
    Location: Winnipeg

    Re: 2 Weeks!

    by alex_canada » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:06 pm

    Dudes. I'm on a plane in 4 more sleeps for maybe the strongest overall 70k ever! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

    Itxsiodtoxlgktdtsowstorodtxot
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
  • User avatar
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 329
    Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:06 am
    Location: Salt Lake City, Utah

    Re: 2 Weeks!

    by Gratch » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:24 pm

    alex_canada wrote:Dudes. I'm on a plane in 4 more sleeps for maybe the strongest overall 70k ever! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

    Itxsiodtoxlgktdtsowstorodtxot


    I'm jealous. Still got over a week.

    I'm so worthless at work right now.
    Survivor 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

    Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Ihsahn - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Troldhaugen - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
  • JARI
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 206
    Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:34 am
    Location: Finland , jÄRVENPÄÄ

    Re: 2 Weeks!

    by JARI » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:57 pm

    metalmaciejmetal wrote:
    Masterbas wrote:
    So I have to bring my Crocs, is that what you're saying? :chug:


    Never wear crocs!

    Last year couple of the Belphegor guys were wearing their biker boots hanging out in Jamaica. I figure if they can do it, so can I.

    Had crocs 2013 and 2015. And going to have those again
    70k survivor 2013
    70k survivor 2015
    2017 cabin 6223
  • Godflesh
    Ensign
    Posts: 1004
    Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:50 pm
    Location: Connecticut River

    Re: 2 Weeks!

    by Godflesh » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:00 am

    My wife started on the Yes/No spreadsheet I prepared for her, and of course the first band alphabetically was Amaranthe, and her reaction was ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?
    LOL
    Agnostic.Front-/-Akercocke-/-Alien.Weaponry-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Anaal.Nathrakh-/-Animals.As.Leaders-/-Behemoth-/-Between.The.Buried.And.Me-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Star.Riders-/-Body.Count-/-Brujeria-/-Candiria-/-Candlemass-/-Cattle.Decapitation-/-Combichrist-/-Dark.Angel-/-Deicide-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-DRI-/-Entombed-/-Evile-/-Fear.Factory-/-Flotsam.and.Jetsam-/-Galakticon.-/-Ghost-/-Godflesh-/-Gojira-/-Green.Carnation-/-Gutalax-/-Hatebreed-/-Iron.Reagan-/-Jungle.Rot-/-KMFDM-/-Kvelertak-/-Lost.Society-/-Loudblast-/-Manowar-/-Melechesh-/-Memoriam-/-Mercyful.Fate-/-Ministry-/-M.O.D.-/-Morbid.Angel-/-Morgoth-/-Municipal.Waste-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Nails-/-Nuclear.Assault-/-Pig.Destroyer-/-Power.Trip-/-Protector-/-Rivers.Of.Nihil-/-Ross.The.Boss-/-Sacred.Reich-/-Saxon-/-Six.Feet.Under-/-Sleep-/-Stormtroopers.of.Beer-/-Suffocation-/-Suicidal.Tendencies-/-Tankard-/-Terrorizer-/-The.Crown-/-The.Faceless-/-The.Great.Old.Ones-/-The.Zenith.Passage-/-Thin.Lizzy-/-Triptykon-/-Trust-/-Tsjuder-/-Twelve.Foot.Ninja-/-UFO-/-Upon.A.Burning.Body-/-Vio-lence-/-Wrath-/-Xibalba
  • User avatar
    AceHugger
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 178
    Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:52 am
    Location: London, UK

    Re: 2 Weeks!

    by AceHugger » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:34 am

    Godflesh wrote:My wife started on the Yes/No spreadsheet I prepared for her, and of course the first band alphabetically was Amaranthe, and her reaction was ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?
    LOL


    I think your wife & My fiancee might get on Swimmingly. - Liesy (my fiancee) had a similar reaction. - she was talking about sneaking in some eggs, - one for each of their singers & an extra one for the vocalist of Orphaned Land - Haha.

    As an aside - the fact you prepared a spreadsheet. - I like your style. - I may or may not have been doing the same thing yesterday for our travel finances.

    we have already marked all our artists as Yes / No / Maybe on the awfully good mobile app, which we both have installed respectively.

    - Andy
    2017 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
    2018 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
  • User avatar
    Downvod
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 484
    Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:09 am
    Location: Twin Lakes, Wisconsin

    Re: 2 Weeks!

    by Downvod » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:25 am

    AceHugger wrote:
    Godflesh wrote:My wife started on the Yes/No spreadsheet I prepared for her, and of course the first band alphabetically was Amaranthe, and her reaction was ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?
    LOL


    I think your wife & My fiancee might get on Swimmingly. - Liesy (my fiancee) had a similar reaction. - she was talking about sneaking in some eggs, - one for each of their singers & an extra one for the vocalist of Orphaned Land - Haha.

    As an aside - the fact you prepared a spreadsheet. - I like your style. - I may or may not have been doing the same thing yesterday for our travel finances.

    we have already marked all our artists as Yes / No / Maybe on the awfully good mobile app, which we both have installed respectively.

    - Andy


    I have no love for Amaranthe, but why throw eggs at Kobi?! The guy is singing songs to promote peace and unity, and you want to throw stuff at him? Shame
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402

    Abbath-/-Aeternam-/-Aetherian-/-Aether.Realm-/-Alestorm-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-At.the.Gates-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE’LAKOR-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carach.Angren-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Cruachan-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-DEATH.ANGEL-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-De.Profundis-/-Devin.Townsend-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Emperor-/-Enslaved-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Exodus-/-Finntroll-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghost.Ship.Octavius-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Havok-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Iced.Earth-/-IHSAHN-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-In.Mourning-/-Insomnium-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-MELECHESH-/-Mgla-/-MOONSORROW-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Obscura-/-Omnium.Gatherum-/-Oni-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-SOILWORK-/-Solution.45-/-Sunburst-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-Taake-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WINTERSUN-/-Witchery-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
  • User avatar
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 311
    Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 1:14 pm
    Location: Philadelphia

    Re: 2 Weeks!

    by General Zod » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:48 am

    AceHugger wrote:she was talking about sneaking in some eggs, - one for each of their singers & an extra one for the vocalist of Orphaned Land

    Over the course of years I've had the opportunity to interview a good number of musicians. Of all of them, Kobi was the most interesting person I've ever spoken to. I'm not a huge Orphaned Land fan, but that dude is as cool as the other side of the pillow. Save your eggs for better targets. :D
    ***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine
  • User avatar
    AceHugger
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 178
    Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:52 am
    Location: London, UK

    Re: 2 Weeks!

    by AceHugger » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:03 am

    General Zod wrote:
    AceHugger wrote:she was talking about sneaking in some eggs, - one for each of their singers & an extra one for the vocalist of Orphaned Land

    Over the course of years I've had the opportunity to interview a good number of musicians. Of all of them, Kobi was the most interesting person I've ever spoken to. I'm not a huge Orphaned Land fan, but that dude is as cool as the other side of the pillow. Save your eggs for better targets. :D



    Oops,....Maybe I overstepped the mark?
    Was't being serious in either case, - I'm sure he's a cool dude, & got nothing against him personally, - just found some of their stuff not to our liking.
    Much the same as people disliking Amaranthe, - they might be cool guys too, but that doesn't change the fact that I have no interest in their music. - people like what people like, and that's fine. Other stuff often seems 'odd' by virtue of not being what we're used to.
    case in point (shameless admission) - I really actually like the first album from linkin Park. - I enjoyed it when it first came out & in small doses I enjoy some of it now.
    My fiancee however, would like to fill a pillow case with bars of soap & beat them to death with it. - Fair enough. it's no reflection on their personalities, just a reflection that their creativity isn't what she feels is 'creative' musically.

    If I get any stick for this I swear I'll paste her guilty pleasures all over this forum!

    Also - can I just point out that we have not, nor ever would actually egg a performer based upon their musical creativity or direction.
    And we didn't specifically decide to target him per see, - I just typed that because hypothetically taking out the singer would be the most disruptive action. - we didn't arbitrarily decide that he alone was the target.

    goddamit I really feel like I'm on my back foot here.
    2017 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
    2018 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
  • User avatar
    Downvod
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 484
    Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:09 am
    Location: Twin Lakes, Wisconsin

    Re: 2 Weeks!

    by Downvod » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:17 am

    AceHugger wrote:
    General Zod wrote:
    AceHugger wrote:she was talking about sneaking in some eggs, - one for each of their singers & an extra one for the vocalist of Orphaned Land

    Over the course of years I've had the opportunity to interview a good number of musicians. Of all of them, Kobi was the most interesting person I've ever spoken to. I'm not a huge Orphaned Land fan, but that dude is as cool as the other side of the pillow. Save your eggs for better targets. :D



    Oops,....Maybe I overstepped the mark?
    Was't being serious in either case, - I'm sure he's a cool dude, & got nothing against him personally, - just found some of their stuff not to our liking.
    Much the same as people disliking Amaranthe, - they might be cool guys too, but that doesn't change the fact that I have no interest in their music. - people like what people like, and that's fine. Other stuff often seems 'odd' by virtue of not being what we're used to.
    case in point (shameless admission) - I really actually like the first album from linkin Park. - I enjoyed it when it first came out & in small doses I enjoy some of it now.
    My fiancee however, would like to fill a pillow case with bars of soap & beat them to death with it. - Fair enough. it's no reflection on their personalities, just a reflection that their creativity isn't what she feels is 'creative' musically.

    If I get any stick for this I swear I'll paste her guilty pleasures all over this forum!

    Also - can I just point out that we have not, nor ever would actually egg a performer based upon their musical creativity or direction.
    And we didn't specifically decide to target him per see, - I just typed that because hypothetically taking out the singer would be the most disruptive action. - we didn't arbitrarily decide that he alone was the target.

    goddamit I really feel like I'm on my back foot here.


    You're all good sir, no worries. :cool:
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402

    Abbath-/-Aeternam-/-Aetherian-/-Aether.Realm-/-Alestorm-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-At.the.Gates-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE’LAKOR-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carach.Angren-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Cruachan-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-DEATH.ANGEL-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-De.Profundis-/-Devin.Townsend-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Emperor-/-Enslaved-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Exodus-/-Finntroll-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghost.Ship.Octavius-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Havok-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Iced.Earth-/-IHSAHN-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-In.Mourning-/-Insomnium-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-MELECHESH-/-Mgla-/-MOONSORROW-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Obscura-/-Omnium.Gatherum-/-Oni-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-SOILWORK-/-Solution.45-/-Sunburst-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-Taake-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WINTERSUN-/-Witchery-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
  • User avatar
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 311
    Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 1:14 pm
    Location: Philadelphia

    Re: 2 Weeks!

    by General Zod » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:31 am

    Downvod wrote:You're all good sir, no worries. :cool:

    This. I'm merely pointing out that there are musicians who are guilty of being shitty songwriters and shitty people, who are much more deserving of your dairy projectiles. :beerwink:
    ***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Posts: 1888
    Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:29 pm
    Location: Calgary, AB, Canada

    Re: 2 Weeks!

    by Phoenix » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:53 am

    My first year my buddies and I nearly hit the frontman of Municipal Waste with half a coconut - we're really upset we didn't. Only not actually, we just joke about it because we really don't like Municipal Waste. The man himself was actually really cool. :beerwink:

    Violence is for the pit, or for the musicians that actually ARE from a wretched hive of scum and villainy.
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-November's.Doom-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-

    Gonna take a lot to get me back next year.
  • User avatar
    metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 375
    Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:27 pm
    Location: Mississauga, Ontario

    Re: 2 Weeks!

    by metalmaciejmetal » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:19 am

    Phoenix wrote:My first year my buddies and I nearly hit the frontman of Municipal Waste with half a coconut - we're really upset we didn't. Only not actually, we just joke about it because we really don't like Municipal Waste. The man himself was actually really cool. :beerwink:

    Violence is for the pit, or for the musicians that actually ARE from a wretched hive of scum and villainy.



    You hit him with a coconut like this?

    Image
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
Post Reply 3266 posts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 49 guests