Post Reply 3265 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2017 Megathread
  • Masterbas
    Petty Officer

Re: 2 Weeks!

by Masterbas » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:52 pm

MettalMiranda wrote:This is my very first time being on the boat. I truly have been having trouble sleeping , I know quite a few of the cruisers through facebook and twitter and the excitement just keeps ramping up . Any advice for a newbie ?

I can't say, I'm going on my first cruise also, and I'm going insane hahaha.
    2017 - Cabin 9580
    2018 - Cabin 9611
    2019 - Cabin 9675
    2020 - Cabin 8233
    2023 - Cabin 7669
    2024 - Cabin 8659

3.Inches.of.Blood./.Aeternam./.Aether.Realm./.Alestorm./.Alien.Weaponry./.Allegaeon./.Amon.Amarth./.Amorphis./.An.Abstract.Illusion./.Augury./.Avantasia./.Avatar./.Barren.Earth./.Battlecross./.Before.The.Dawn./.Be'lakor./.Beyond.Creation./.Blackguard./.Blind.Guardian./.Cruachan./.Dark.Lunacy./.Dark.Funeral./.Dark.Oath./.Dark.Tranquillity./.Death.Angel./.Devin.Townsend./.Die.Apokalyptischen.Reiter./.Dimmu.Borgir./.Draconian./.Dragonforce./.Drakum./.Dreamtale./.Eluveitie./.Ensiferum./.Epica./.Equilibrium./.Euphoreon./.Evocation./.Exmortus./.Ex.Deo./.Fear.Of.Domination./.Finntroll./.Fracturus./.Ghost.Ship.Octavius./.Gloryhammer./.Gojira./.Grailknights./.Hammerfall./.Hands.of.Despair./.Heathen.Foray./.Heidevolk./.Helloween./.Helsott./.Hollow./.Horizon.Ignited./.Insomnium./.In.Vain./.Kalmah./.Kataklysm./.Kissin.Dynamite./.Korpiklaani./.Kreator./.Lord.Of.The.Lost./.Manegarm./.Marianas.Rest./.Mayan./.Moonsorrow./.Moonspell./.Mors.Principium.Est./.Mors.Subita./.Myrath./.Naglfar./.Ne.Obliviscaris./.Nekrogoblikon./.Night.Demon./.Novembers.Doom./.Omnium.Gatherum./.Orphaned.Land./.Persefone./.Powerglove./.Powerwolf./.Psychework./.Revocation./.Rivers.of.Nihil./.Rotting.Christ./.Sabaton./.Saltatio.Mortis./.Scar.Symmetry./.Serenity./.Shade.Empire./.Shape.the.Above./.Shylmagoghnar./.Sonata.Arctica./.Spacemak3r./.Starkill./.Steel.Panther./.Stratovarius./.Striker./.Svartsot./.Swallow.the.Sun./.Tarot./.Tenacious.D./.Terasbetoni./.The.Agonist./.The.Black.Dahlia.Murder./.The.Halo.Effect./.Therion./.Trollfest./.Turisas./.Tyr./.Unleash.the.Archers./.Van.Canto./.Varg./.Wilderun./.Wintersun./.Wolfheart

Red- Out for being on-board last year
    Green- It's ON
    Cyan- Most Wanted
    dws515
    Oiler

by dws515 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:49 pm

Yeah, I'm really struggling to pay attention at work! I'm also almost done with my first rule of metal cruise: Don't die before metal cruise! :death:
    9 time cruiser, can't wait for round 10!
  • drrock
    Crewman

by drrock » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:52 pm

MettalMiranda wrote:This is my very first time being on the boat. I truly have been having trouble sleeping , I know quite a few of the cruisers through facebook and twitter and the excitement just keeps ramping up . Any advice for a newbie ?

Enjoy every single moment!!!
    2017 = 40 yrs in rock and metal!
    capacitator51
    Oiler

by capacitator51 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:09 pm

Bring your best time management skills. I got a couple curious looks last year for pulling out my homemade color-coded schedule, but it worked out for the best to be prepared. Things move quickly. That being said, don't stress about missing some things you wanted to see. For whatever reason (oversleeping, weather, getting lost), it's bound to happen at least once during the cruise.
    -|-Barren Earth-Behemoth-Devin.Townsend-Dimmu.Borgir-Enslaved-Harakiri.For.The.Sky-Hypocrisy-Ihsahn-Inquisition-Insomnium-In Vain-Kvelertak-Leprous-NeO-Oak.Pantheon-Rotting Christ-Septicflesh-Soen-Swallow.the.Sun-|-
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:42 pm

Take care of yourself... it's a marathon and you have to make it through 4 days of nonstop insanity. If you are a drinker, pace yourself... alternate with water. There's nothing worse than having big plans to see all these bands and you drink to the point where you are passed out on a bench or even sick.
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    Yippee38
    Petty Officer

Re: Triple Play

by Yippee38 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:33 pm

cowboy71 wrote:In isolation I could listen to a lot of heavy bands for 10 seconds and think that.

If you are not a fan of folk metal than these guys aren't gonna convert you, but A Hadak Utja is an example of their (somewhat) heavier material:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wo3hDzPDYIU

Thanks man!

I listened to more than 10 seconds of the song. It's just that 10 seconds into the vocals, I couldn't listen to anymore.

I don't mind folk metal. I like some of it. The song I listened to sounded like pop disguised as fold metal (kinda like listening to Amaranthe for me <shudders>). The song you linked, I liked more. It started out really good. Heavy. That only lasted the intro though, but it still wasn't bad. I definitely liked the harsh vocals on this song. I like this guy's harsh vocals WAY more than the harsh vocals in Eluveitie. It still didn't do much for me. Not bad, but just didn't grab me in any way. I'll probably try a few more tracks from them. There's a greater chance I'll watch them if the female vocalist isn't singing. ;)
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

Re: Triple Play

by Downvod » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:42 pm

Yippee38 wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:In isolation I could listen to a lot of heavy bands for 10 seconds and think that.

If you are not a fan of folk metal than these guys aren't gonna convert you, but A Hadak Utja is an example of their (somewhat) heavier material:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wo3hDzPDYIU

Thanks man!

I listened to more than 10 seconds of the song. It's just that 10 seconds into the vocals, I couldn't listen to anymore.

I don't mind folk metal. I like some of it. The song I listened to sounded like pop disguised as fold metal (kinda like listening to Amaranthe for me <shudders>). The song you linked, I liked more. It started out really good. Heavy. That only lasted the intro though, but it still wasn't bad. I definitely liked the harsh vocals on this song. I like this guy's harsh vocals WAY more than the harsh vocals in Eluveitie. It still didn't do much for me. Not bad, but just didn't grab me in any way. I'll probably try a few more tracks from them. There's a greater chance I'll watch them if the female vocalist isn't singing. ;)

If Hajdutanc was the first song you were listening to, finish the song! Her vocals get way better in the chorus. She is actually the one doing a lot of the harsh vocals.

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
  • JARI
    Petty Officer

by JARI » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:13 pm

Downvod wrote:Take care of yourself... it's a marathon and you have to make it through 4 days of nonstop insanity. If you are a drinker, pace yourself... alternate with water. There's nothing worse than having big plans to see all these bands and you drink to the point where you are passed out on a bench or even sick.

Water? Dont drink water fish fuck in it.
    70k survivor 2013
    70k survivor 2015
    2017 cabin 6223
  • CatCross
    Wiper

by CatCross » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:08 pm

First timer here too, so excited it's hard to get any work done. Sooo close :beerbang:
    jdch28
    Crewman

by jdch28 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:14 am

CatCross wrote:First timer here too, so excited it's hard to get any work done. Sooo close :beerbang:

I know that feeling haha

Phoenix wrote: Get to port early.

What would be a good time for arriving at the port?

2017 Survivor (9361)
    2018 Survivor (2618)
    2018 Booked (2332)
  • ExtraneouS
    Petty Officer

by ExtraneouS » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:15 am

jdch28 wrote:
    CatCross wrote:First timer here too, so excited it's hard to get any work done. Sooo close :beerbang:

I know that feeling haha

Phoenix wrote: Get to port early.

What would be a good time for arriving at the port?

I'd say between 10:30 and noon is good, but it depends on what terminal the ship is in. Last year I got there at 10:30 and was on board at 11:30. The year before that, I was there at 10:30 and was on board at 1:30.
    Kingslayer
    Chief Petty Officer

by Kingslayer » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:27 am

AceHugger wrote:Two weeks..... two wEEKS...... TWO WEEKS

:death:

I'm disappointed in myself for not having made the reference in any shape or form yesterday. I was so looking forward to it!
    2016: 9231
    2017: 6521
    2018: Don't even remember

Wishlist: Candlemass, Devin Townsend Project, Doomsword, Dzo-nga, Ex Deo, Gloryhammer, Grand Magus, Hypocrisy, King Diamond, Nile, Powerwolf, Primordial, Running Wild, Steel Panther
    MettalMiranda
    Oiler

by MettalMiranda » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:40 am

dws515 wrote:Yeah, I'm really struggling to pay attention at work! I'm also almost done with my first rule of metal cruise: Don't die before metal cruise! :death:

I am a waitress and honestly , this cruise is all i can think about at work . I really love my job , but i cannot stop thinking about what i packed my schedule for this upcoming week . trying to keep up with my workout schedule and the myriad of other things we all need to do to prepare. sleeping has definitely been difficult :metalguy:

Demolition hammer - Onslaught - BullRiff Stampede - Kryptos -Seprevation -Gojira - Black Kirin - Ego Falls - Testament - Savage Messiah - Anthrax - Krysthla - Beholder - Demonic Resurrection - Reptilian Death - Bhyanak Maut- BurgerKill
  • Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:42 am

JARI wrote:
    Downvod wrote:Take care of yourself... it's a marathon and you have to make it through 4 days of nonstop insanity. If you are a drinker, pace yourself... alternate with water. There's nothing worse than having big plans to see all these bands and you drink to the point where you are passed out on a bench or even sick.

Water? Dont drink water fish fuck in it.

Technically yeast fucks in booze though!
  • AceHugger
    Petty Officer

by AceHugger » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:11 am

MettalMiranda wrote:
    dws515 wrote:Yeah, I'm really struggling to pay attention at work! I'm also almost done with my first rule of metal cruise: Don't die before metal cruise! :death:

I am a waitress and honestly , this cruise is all i can think about at work . I really love my job , but i cannot stop thinking about what i packed my schedule for this upcoming week . trying to keep up with my workout schedule and the myriad of other things we all need to do to prepare. sleeping has definitely been difficult :metalguy:

I know what you mean. - I'm mega excited. - it's going to be a blast.
    2017 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
    2018 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
    metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalmaciejmetal » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:49 pm

Dalriada is a must see having heard only one song
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
    Papa Emeritus
    Oiler

by Papa Emeritus » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:21 am

Remember boys and ghouls, wear very comfortable shoes. Four nights on your feet in heels isn't a good idea.
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:28 am

Papa Emeritus wrote:Remember boys and ghouls, wear very comfortable shoes. Four nights on your feet in heels isn't a good idea.

Not to mention pits are STICKY and FULL OF GLASS. Friend of mine wore flip flops to Grave Digger and wound up pulling a Die Hard. Bring sandals for beaches, sure, but bring comfy, well worn sneakers/boots to wear to shows.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • sara
    Petty Officer

by sara » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:42 am

Phoenix wrote:
    Papa Emeritus wrote:Remember boys and ghouls, wear very comfortable shoes. Four nights on your feet in heels isn't a good idea.

Not to mention pits are STICKY and FULL OF GLASS. Friend of mine wore flip flops to Grave Digger and wound up pulling a Die Hard. Bring sandals for beaches, sure, but bring comfy, well worn sneakers/boots to wear to shows.

I just put gel insoles in my combat boots. I'm also bringing flip flops and my trusty pair of brain-stained, falling apart Converse sneakers.

The best venue to mosh in is Ice Rink B, but it does get the most slippery. I've seen a lot of drinks and/or Ghoul brains all over that floor and people slipping on all that mess.
    Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:51 pm

I'm actually hating weekends right now. The time goes by faster when I am busy at work...

mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:00 pm

Well...just one more of those after today unless you fly out this week!

Downvod wrote:I'm actually hating weekends right now. The time goes by faster when I am busy at work...
    2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

2025 - Maybe time to come out of 70K retirement!
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:33 pm

mbob wrote:Well...just one more of those after today unless you fly out this week!

Downvod wrote:I'm actually hating weekends right now. The time goes by faster when I am busy at work...

We'll be flying to Miami early morning Feb-1.

• Masterbas
    Petty Officer

by Masterbas » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:41 am

So I have to bring my Crocs, is that what you're saying? :chug:
    2017 - Cabin 9580
    2018 - Cabin 9611
    2019 - Cabin 9675
    2020 - Cabin 8233
    2023 - Cabin 7669
    2024 - Cabin 8659

3.Inches.of.Blood./.Aeternam./.Aether.Realm./.Alestorm./.Alien.Weaponry./.Allegaeon./.Amon.Amarth./.Amorphis./.An.Abstract.Illusion./.Augury./.Avantasia./.Avatar./.Barren.Earth./.Battlecross./.Before.The.Dawn./.Be'lakor./.Beyond.Creation./.Blackguard./.Blind.Guardian./.Cruachan./.Dark.Lunacy./.Dark.Funeral./.Dark.Oath./.Dark.Tranquillity./.Death.Angel./.Devin.Townsend./.Die.Apokalyptischen.Reiter./.Dimmu.Borgir./.Draconian./.Dragonforce./.Drakum./.Dreamtale./.Eluveitie./.Ensiferum./.Epica./.Equilibrium./.Euphoreon./.Evocation./.Exmortus./.Ex.Deo./.Fear.Of.Domination./.Finntroll./.Fracturus./.Ghost.Ship.Octavius./.Gloryhammer./.Gojira./.Grailknights./.Hammerfall./.Hands.of.Despair./.Heathen.Foray./.Heidevolk./.Helloween./.Helsott./.Hollow./.Horizon.Ignited./.Insomnium./.In.Vain./.Kalmah./.Kataklysm./.Kissin.Dynamite./.Korpiklaani./.Kreator./.Lord.Of.The.Lost./.Manegarm./.Marianas.Rest./.Mayan./.Moonsorrow./.Moonspell./.Mors.Principium.Est./.Mors.Subita./.Myrath./.Naglfar./.Ne.Obliviscaris./.Nekrogoblikon./.Night.Demon./.Novembers.Doom./.Omnium.Gatherum./.Orphaned.Land./.Persefone./.Powerglove./.Powerwolf./.Psychework./.Revocation./.Rivers.of.Nihil./.Rotting.Christ./.Sabaton./.Saltatio.Mortis./.Scar.Symmetry./.Serenity./.Shade.Empire./.Shape.the.Above./.Shylmagoghnar./.Sonata.Arctica./.Spacemak3r./.Starkill./.Steel.Panther./.Stratovarius./.Striker./.Svartsot./.Swallow.the.Sun./.Tarot./.Tenacious.D./.Terasbetoni./.The.Agonist./.The.Black.Dahlia.Murder./.The.Halo.Effect./.Therion./.Trollfest./.Turisas./.Tyr./.Unleash.the.Archers./.Van.Canto./.Varg./.Wilderun./.Wintersun./.Wolfheart

Red- Out for being on-board last year
    Green- It's ON
    Cyan- Most Wanted
    metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalmaciejmetal » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:23 am

Masterbas wrote:

Never wear crocs!

Last year couple of the Belphegor guys were wearing their biker boots hanging out in Jamaica. I figure if they can do it, so can I.
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:34 am

metalmaciejmetal wrote:Last year couple of the Belphegor guys were wearing their biker boots hanging out in Jamaica. I figure if they can do it, so can I.

To my way of thinking, one of the benefits of not being an active member of Belphegor is you have greater footwear options.
    ***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine
  • J.m.Andersson
    Oiler

by J.m.Andersson » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:57 am

Jeebus. saw it was ten Days left and it just hit me, im not going this year, damn i feel empty inside now :cry:

But i hope you guys have an awesome Cruise!
  • DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:54 pm

This lineup is off the hook. All of my favorite genres are represented enough that I can say that there will most definitely be conflicts of interest, and that is perfectly acceptable. No matter what my mood may or may not be, I will leave this vessel fully satisfied on all levels. :viking:
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:30 pm

DJ Old Man Stares wrote:This lineup is off the hook. All of my favorite genres are represented enough that I can say that there will most definitely be conflicts of interest, and that is perfectly acceptable. No matter what my mood may or may not be, I will leave this vessel fully satisfied on all levels. :viking:

YAY!

While 2017 is not as off-the-chain ridiculous good for me as 2016 (last year I had some bands listed pre-cruise as 'must-catch-both-sets' that I didn't see at all!), this year is still rock solid. Four bucketlist never-seen-before bands, 6 more must-see-twice bands, and just a HEAP of bands that I'm 'yeah I'd love to catch a set' about.

I'll be at the airport getting ready to fly out this time next week. YEAH.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:06 pm

Dudes. I'm on a plane in 4 more sleeps for maybe the strongest overall 70k ever! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Itxsiodtoxlgktdtsowstorodtxot
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:24 pm

alex_canada wrote:Dudes. I'm on a plane in 4 more sleeps for maybe the strongest overall 70k ever! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Itxsiodtoxlgktdtsowstorodtxot

I'm jealous. Still got over a week.

I'm so worthless at work right now.
    Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
  • JARI
    Petty Officer

by JARI » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:57 pm

metalmaciejmetal wrote:
    Masterbas wrote:

Never wear crocs!

Last year couple of the Belphegor guys were wearing their biker boots hanging out in Jamaica. I figure if they can do it, so can I.

Had crocs 2013 and 2015. And going to have those again
    70k survivor 2013
    70k survivor 2015
    2017 cabin 6223
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:00 am

My wife started on the Yes/No spreadsheet I prepared for her, and of course the first band alphabetically was Amaranthe, and her reaction was ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?
    LOL
  • AceHugger
    Petty Officer

by AceHugger » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:34 am

Godflesh wrote:My wife started on the Yes/No spreadsheet I prepared for her, and of course the first band alphabetically was Amaranthe, and her reaction was ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?
    LOL

I think your wife & My fiancee might get on Swimmingly. - Liesy (my fiancee) had a similar reaction. - she was talking about sneaking in some eggs, - one for each of their singers & an extra one for the vocalist of Orphaned Land - Haha.

As an aside - the fact you prepared a spreadsheet. - I like your style. - I may or may not have been doing the same thing yesterday for our travel finances.

we have already marked all our artists as Yes / No / Maybe on the awfully good mobile app, which we both have installed respectively.

- Andy
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:25 am

AceHugger wrote:
    Godflesh wrote:My wife started on the Yes/No spreadsheet I prepared for her, and of course the first band alphabetically was Amaranthe, and her reaction was ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?
    LOL

I think your wife & My fiancee might get on Swimmingly. - Liesy (my fiancee) had a similar reaction. - she was talking about sneaking in some eggs, - one for each of their singers & an extra one for the vocalist of Orphaned Land - Haha.

As an aside - the fact you prepared a spreadsheet. - I like your style. - I may or may not have been doing the same thing yesterday for our travel finances.

we have already marked all our artists as Yes / No / Maybe on the awfully good mobile app, which we both have installed respectively.

- Andy

I have no love for Amaranthe, but why throw eggs at Kobi?! The guy is singing songs to promote peace and unity, and you want to throw stuff at him? Shame

General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:48 am

AceHugger wrote:she was talking about sneaking in some eggs, - one for each of their singers & an extra one for the vocalist of Orphaned Land

Over the course of years I've had the opportunity to interview a good number of musicians. Of all of them, Kobi was the most interesting person I've ever spoken to. I'm not a huge Orphaned Land fan, but that dude is as cool as the other side of the pillow. Save your eggs for better targets. :D
    ***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine
  • AceHugger
    Petty Officer

by AceHugger » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:03 am

General Zod wrote:
    AceHugger wrote:she was talking about sneaking in some eggs, - one for each of their singers & an extra one for the vocalist of Orphaned Land

Over the course of years I've had the opportunity to interview a good number of musicians. Of all of them, Kobi was the most interesting person I've ever spoken to. I'm not a huge Orphaned Land fan, but that dude is as cool as the other side of the pillow. Save your eggs for better targets. :D

Oops,....Maybe I overstepped the mark?
    Was't being serious in either case, - I'm sure he's a cool dude, & got nothing against him personally, - just found some of their stuff not to our liking.
    Much the same as people disliking Amaranthe, - they might be cool guys too, but that doesn't change the fact that I have no interest in their music. - people like what people like, and that's fine. Other stuff often seems 'odd' by virtue of not being what we're used to.
    case in point (shameless admission) - I really actually like the first album from linkin Park. - I enjoyed it when it first came out & in small doses I enjoy some of it now.
    My fiancee however, would like to fill a pillow case with bars of soap & beat them to death with it. - Fair enough. it's no reflection on their personalities, just a reflection that their creativity isn't what she feels is 'creative' musically.

If I get any stick for this I swear I'll paste her guilty pleasures all over this forum!

Also - can I just point out that we have not, nor ever would actually egg a performer based upon their musical creativity or direction.
    And we didn't specifically decide to target him per see, - I just typed that because hypothetically taking out the singer would be the most disruptive action. - we didn't arbitrarily decide that he alone was the target.

goddamit I really feel like I'm on my back foot here.
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:17 am

AceHugger wrote:
    General Zod wrote:

Oops,....Maybe I overstepped the mark?
    Was't being serious in either case, - I'm sure he's a cool dude, & got nothing against him personally, - just found some of their stuff not to our liking.
    Much the same as people disliking Amaranthe, - they might be cool guys too, but that doesn't change the fact that I have no interest in their music. - people like what people like, and that's fine. Other stuff often seems 'odd' by virtue of not being what we're used to.
    case in point (shameless admission) - I really actually like the first album from linkin Park. - I enjoyed it when it first came out & in small doses I enjoy some of it now.
    My fiancee however, would like to fill a pillow case with bars of soap & beat them to death with it. - Fair enough. it's no reflection on their personalities, just a reflection that their creativity isn't what she feels is 'creative' musically.

If I get any stick for this I swear I'll paste her guilty pleasures all over this forum!

Also - can I just point out that we have not, nor ever would actually egg a performer based upon their musical creativity or direction.
    And we didn't specifically decide to target him per see, - I just typed that because hypothetically taking out the singer would be the most disruptive action. - we didn't arbitrarily decide that he alone was the target.

goddamit I really feel like I'm on my back foot here.

You're all good sir, no worries. :cool:

General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:31 am

Downvod wrote:You're all good sir, no worries. :cool:

This. I'm merely pointing out that there are musicians who are guilty of being shitty songwriters and shitty people, who are much more deserving of your dairy projectiles. :beerwink:
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:53 am

My first year my buddies and I nearly hit the frontman of Municipal Waste with half a coconut - we're really upset we didn't. Only not actually, we just joke about it because we really don't like Municipal Waste. The man himself was actually really cool. :beerwink:

Violence is for the pit, or for the musicians that actually ARE from a wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalmaciejmetal » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:19 am

Phoenix wrote:My first year my buddies and I nearly hit the frontman of Municipal Waste with half a coconut - we're really upset we didn't. Only not actually, we just joke about it because we really don't like Municipal Waste. The man himself was actually really cool. :beerwink:

Violence is for the pit, or for the musicians that actually ARE from a wretched hive of scum and villainy.

You hit him with a coconut like this?

Survivor 2016 and 2017
Post Reply 3265 posts