Post Reply 3265 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2017 Megathread
  • sara
    Petty Officer

Re: We Don't Care What You Say!

by sara » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:10 am

Gratch wrote:Hearing reports of shutdowns and protests at airports across the country.

Fingers crossed that Trumps latest bullshit temper tantrum doesn't affect any of getting on the boat.

Shit, you're right. The Boston subreddit is full of posts about the Logan airport protests. An MIT student was prevented reentry after visiting some family. Given the universities here and large immigrant population, I'm sure there's a bunch of these stories. Luckily, looks like a judge stepped in, but who knows. Monday could bring more Orange Menace bullshit.

Here's hoping everyone makes it okay. If I had to take a bus down and eat the two days I would have had in Miami, so be it. I'm getting on the boat. International travelers, good luck.

We do have cruisers from the Middle East. Good luck and safe travels. I hope they all get on.
    Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:46 am

sara wrote:
    Gratch wrote:Hearing reports of shutdowns and protests at airports across the country.

Fingers crossed that Trumps latest bullshit temper tantrum doesn't affect any of getting on the boat.

Shit, you're right. The Boston subreddit is full of posts about the Logan airport protests. An MIT student was prevented reentry after visiting some family. Given the universities here and large immigrant population, I'm sure there's a bunch of these stories. Luckily, looks like a judge stepped in, but who knows. Monday could bring more Orange Menace bullshit.

Here's hoping everyone makes it okay. If I had to take a bus down and eat the two days I would have had in Miami, so be it. I'm getting on the boat. International travelers, good luck.

We do have cruisers from the Middle East. Good luck and safe travels. I hope they all get on.

Of the 7 countries that are currently banned, Iran is the only one I saw that was represented on 70K last year.
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
  • sara
    Petty Officer

by sara » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:30 am

Downvod wrote:
    sara wrote:

Of the 7 countries that are currently banned, Iran is the only one I saw that was represented on 70K last year.

Doesn't really matter, though. Who knows who is all going this year or where they're from. And even if it's only one country, that's one too many for me.

It seems like in my airport at least, this is blowing over already. A judge let people in. I'm still a little mortified, but at least I'm pretty sure I won't have to hitch a ride down or anything. I'm keeping an eye out on the news in case I see a need to leave extra early.
    Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:08 pm

because nobody likes repeats - 7 years worth of music - Not even counting 22 more bands from Barge had :viking: :givebeer: :beerhorns:
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:07 pm

DragonLordJones wrote:Image

because nobody likes repeats - 7 years worth of music - Not even counting 22 more bands from Barge had :viking: :givebeer: :beerhorns:

Very cool, my fellow Wisconsinite!

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:55 pm

Downvod wrote:Last year, the running order leaked before it was officially posted. There was a link posted in the forum (I want to say from Razor?). Does anyone remember by what means it leaked? Was it on Facebook?

Someone put it on Facebook and I put it here and other 70K facebook groups.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:58 pm

Razor Ramon wrote:
    Downvod wrote:Last year, the running order leaked before it was officially posted. There was a link posted in the forum (I want to say from Razor?). Does anyone remember by what means it leaked? Was it on Facebook?

Someone put it on Facebook and I put it here and other 70K facebook groups.

Ah. This needs to happen again.

Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:51 pm

So Delta is having a system-wide outage right now. Last time this happened, it was a complete clusterfuck for the next two days as they tried to shuffle people around.

Fingers crossed that it doesn't screw up any of our folks getting there.
    Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:01 pm

Don't fly Delta folks - that never works out well, based on the stories I've heard.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:17 pm

Looks like this one's a computer issue and has grounded all domestic flights.

Phoenix wrote:Don't fly Delta folks - that never works out well, based on the stories I've heard.

I fly Delta 3-4 times every month and very rarely encounter problems. They're typically very reliable.

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:26 pm

I'm a little late but I wanted to say...

It's cool to see people diggin' Allegaeon on here. They are fantastic! Been a fan since the very first EP. Met them in person a few times and they are good people. I'm sure they will fit right in on this beast cruise.

Their new stuff is good but don't forget to check out their older stuff. It's of the same quality.
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:03 am

Gratch wrote:So Delta is having a system-wide outage right now. Last time this happened, it was a complete clusterfuck for the next two days as they tried to shuffle people around.

Fingers crossed that it doesn't screw up any of our folks getting there.

Just got a mail from Delta that our flight(s) was cancelled, and that we were re-booked with three hours later departure and four hours later arrival.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    SavaRon
    Crewman

by SavaRon » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:13 am

Hoping none of the bands or cruisers miss the boat due to what's going on right now. Safe travels to everyone! :headbanger:
  • macamatic
    Petty Officer

by macamatic » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:53 am

Anyone else get the feeling Andy has been waiting years to add Overkill as a bonus band so he could make that joke?
    2017: 6523 | 2018: 2546

Want: Ancient Bards, Dark Tranquillity, Deadlock, Disarmonia Mundi, In Mourning, Insomnium, Symphony X, The Unguided, Wintersun, Within Temptation
    Jephi
    Oiler

by Jephi » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:36 am

Is there going to be a band paying at the port in Haiti or was that just a rumor?
    2012 * BTH * 2015 * 2016 * 2017 * 2020
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:43 am

Jephi wrote:Is there going to be a band paying at the port in Haiti or was that just a rumor?

No idea yet, but I hope it was just a rumour. I have an excursion I wish to go on.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:07 am

macamatic wrote:Anyone else get the feeling Andy has been waiting years to add Overkill as a bonus band so he could make that joke?

I think that's definitely why Overkill was announced last, yes.
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:48 am

Jephi wrote:Is there going to be a band paying at the port in Haiti or was that just a rumor?

It better be Kalmah going: "WELCOME TO HAITI. . .MY HAITI. . .LABADEE. . ."

Because nothing else would make sense.
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:02 pm

Although it'd be kinda nifty, I'd hate it if one of a band's scheduled sets was on Haiti. It would suck for them and their fans.

Now, if it were some sort of "bonus" offering, or a deejay playing metal songs over a PA, I'd be cool with it. (I considered offering to do the latter, since it's kinda what I do anyway, but nahhhh. :D )
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    zerkz
    Oiler

by zerkz » Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:44 pm

Ecliptica wrote:

WOKE UP TO LAYS.

BUY LAYS. :bmhorns:

IN SPACE.

(reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjF-AL4aayc )
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:57 pm

zerkz wrote:
    Ecliptica wrote:

WOKE UP TO LAYS.

BUY LAYS. :bmhorns:

IN SPACE.

(reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjF-AL4aayc )

HOW HAVE I NEVER SEEN THIS?!?!? I'm close to tears coming down my face at work right now. Luckily my teammates know I'm kinda mentally checked out because of the cruise and I showed my bandmate (we're in a reggae band, judge away) and he actually enjoyed the song!
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:00 pm

Only one more day of work. Tomorrow is going to suuuuuuuuuuck.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:20 pm

mooyagi wrote:Only one more day of work. Tomorrow is going to suuuuuuuuuuck.

Seriously. I was worthless today, and I'm sure tomorrow will be even worse.

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:41 pm

Gratch wrote:

Today was my last day...but it's also my birthday, so I have doubly NOT gotten anything done at work.
    My team DID get a Carvel ice-cream cake (my favorite!) as part of our combined goodie-day, so at least I'm getting a good send-off. :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:44 pm

Gratch wrote:

Thirded... 12 hours tomorrow and then 70k Tons of FREEDOM!!!
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:07 pm

Cab should be here to take me to the airport in 20... About time, lol. Today was a long fucking day.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

2017 Running Order

by Andy » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:12 pm

To see the RUNNING ORDER, please Click Here.

Amyphis
    Petty Officer

Re: 2017 Running Order

by Amyphis » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:21 pm

Thank you, Andy!!
    SWALLOW THE SUN, RAPTURE, AHAB, SATURNUS, DRACONIAN, KATATONIA, ESOTERIC, ISOLE, DAYLIGHT DIES, INSOMNIUM, AMORPHIS, GHOST BATH, HARAKIRI FOR THE SKY, OCEANS OF SLUMBER, EVERGREY

2012: 5578 2018: 7624
    2014: 9554
    2015: 2633
    2016: 7320
    2017: 7624
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:26 pm

Markus is gonna be pissed - OG's at 3am. Both MPE sets will be easy to catch at least.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    jdch28
    Crewman

by jdch28 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:32 pm

Thanks, Andy! This looks challenging haha

2017 Survivor (9361)
    2018 Survivor (2618)
    2018 Booked (2332)
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:43 pm

Love that it's up early.

Only see one potential conflict for me - Haggard and Therion on Day 2. IMO the two best live bands on the boat. But I'm willing to miss the beginning of Therion to catch all of Haggard.

A few are back-to-back and I haven't been on this boat so not sure how feasible it is to get from one stage to another. I know there's a few I definitely want to be in the front for, so I think I may end up sacrificing a few shows to get prime position for others. OH WELL!!
    Danny24601
    Petty Officer

by Danny24601 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:05 pm

No major conflicts for me, fucking awesome :)
    Seventh.Wonder/Theocracy/The.Night.Flight.Orchestra/Draconian/My.Dying.Bride/Primordial/Turisas/Katatonia/Swallow.the.Sun/Eluveitie/Seven.Spires/Tyr/Soilwork/Helloween/Countless.Skies/Anaal.Nathrakh/Frozen.Crown/Sonata.Arctica/Powerwolf/Blind.Guardian/Avantasia/Within.Temptation/Aephanemer/Serenity/Saturnus/Moonspell/Scardust/The.Halo.Effect/Sabaton/Noumena/Sojourner/Dragony/Omnium.Gatherum/Soen/Paradise.Lost/Shape.of.Despair/Hamferd/Aether.Realm/Brothers.of.Metal/Dawn.of.Solace/Tribulation/Twilight.Force/Be'lakor/Wilderun/Beast.in.Black/Ensiferum/Serenity.in.Murder/Dimmu.Borgir/Amon.Amarth/Visigoth/Satyricon/Cradle.of.Filth/Unleash.the.Archers/Moonsorrow/Epica
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:09 am

I am planning to enter the running order into the app tomorrow on the air plane.

Expect the full schedule, minus meet and greets, clinics, etc to be available tomorrow late afternoon.

I will enter all events as soon as I can once they are made available.

Thank you Andy and all of UMC for working to have things go smoothly and have this information available so early!
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:03 am

Great running order, and I really appreciate getting it with two days in advance. Thanks!!!
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:14 am

Taking a good look at the running order on my layover - Mors has a poil deck set first thing after Haiti. That's a thing of beauty.

Will have to book it from the muster drill to a show again this year though.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • macamatic
    Petty Officer

by macamatic » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:02 am

Man, I still have to work today and tomorrow, and now I have to do it knowing there are 150 minutes of Kamelot ahead of me.

Looks like I have a decent number of back-to-back sets I want to see. What's the best way to handle that if I'm more interested in the second band? Should I leave a bit early to be there on time or should I expect delays and wait for the first band to finish?
    2017: 6523 | 2018: 2546

Want: Ancient Bards, Dark Tranquillity, Deadlock, Disarmonia Mundi, In Mourning, Insomnium, Symphony X, The Unguided, Wintersun, Within Temptation
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:25 am

macamatic wrote:Man, I still have to work today and tomorrow, and now I have to do it knowing there are 150 minutes of Kamelot ahead of me.

Looks like I have a decent number of back-to-back sets I want to see. What's the best way to handle that if I'm more interested in the second band? Should I leave a bit early to be there on time or should I expect delays and wait for the first band to finish?

This is not an issue unless you are going to the Pyramid Lounge. You want to get there early, as you can only see in there if you are right up front. For the other 3 venues, generally you can show up at any time and get a decent spot/view.

Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:36 am

No lounge set for Draconian! Wish they had a pool deck set though.

Haggard/Therion overlap sucks!

No one I want to see until 8:30pm on Thursday, great!

Schedule looks good for the most part.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalmaciejmetal » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:25 am

At long last, the schedule. Not bad. I can live with it. Very few that I'm missing.
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:03 am

Bummed about Allegaeon's pool deck set being at 4:45am. Chances are very slim I'll make it to that one.

Otherwise, looks like I'll be able to catch everyone I want. Nice work Andy!

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
Post Reply 3265 posts