Post Reply 3265 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2017 Megathread
  • alex_canada
    Ensign

Re: 2017 Running Order

by alex_canada » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:44 am

Shocked at the times and venues for orden ogan and scar symmetry. Thought they were bigger.
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:23 am

Gratch wrote:Bummed about Allegaeon's pool deck set being at 4:45am.

Especially when their other set is at 1AM in the Pyramid Lounge.

Same issue with Cattle Decapitation, it's either the Pyramid Lounge or a 3AM set.
    ***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:49 am

After a quick glance of the running order, I have about 6-7 conflicts. There is also a lot time where I am not interested in the bands that are playing. I don't recall having that much free time on past cruises.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
  • big perken
    Crewman

by big perken » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:02 am

Sunday is a bit disappointing. But overall awesome job.
    Danny24601
    Petty Officer

by Danny24601 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:38 pm

macamatic wrote:Looks like I have a decent number of back-to-back sets I want to see. What's the best way to handle that if I'm more interested in the second band? Should I leave a bit early to be there on time or should I expect delays and wait for the first band to finish?

I'd leave early if you are more interested in the second band and want to see the start of their set. Sets will be delayed, but that cuts both ways; you are about as likely to be leaving from a set that finishes late as you are to be going to a set that starts late. Most of these bands have a usual "set closer" song so if you've seen them before you've heard it live before, but many bands tend to open with new material that you are less likely to have heard before, so it also depends a little bit on which material you'd rather hear.
    Seventh.Wonder/Theocracy/The.Night.Flight.Orchestra/Draconian/My.Dying.Bride/Primordial/Turisas/Katatonia/Swallow.the.Sun/Eluveitie/Seven.Spires/Tyr/Soilwork/Helloween/Countless.Skies/Anaal.Nathrakh/Frozen.Crown/Sonata.Arctica/Powerwolf/Blind.Guardian/Avantasia/Within.Temptation/Aephanemer/Serenity/Saturnus/Moonspell/Scardust/The.Halo.Effect/Sabaton/Noumena/Sojourner/Dragony/Omnium.Gatherum/Soen/Paradise.Lost/Shape.of.Despair/Hamferd/Aether.Realm/Brothers.of.Metal/Dawn.of.Solace/Tribulation/Twilight.Force/Be'lakor/Wilderun/Beast.in.Black/Ensiferum/Serenity.in.Murder/Dimmu.Borgir/Amon.Amarth/Visigoth/Satyricon/Cradle.of.Filth/Unleash.the.Archers/Moonsorrow/Epica
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:07 pm

The app is updated,which is much better than the block schedule IMO.So using just "must see " and "might" ,I have 86 possible show :D .App worked flawlessly on iPhone 7 but rebooted then worked on iPhone 6s.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:01 pm

Not too bad on the conflicts for me, but that Haggard/Therion overlap is fucking annoying.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:44 pm

mooyagi wrote:Not too bad on the conflicts for me, but that Haggard/Therion overlap is fucking annoying.

That's my only conflict too (besides a lot of sets ending when others are starting. Friday is going to be a hell of a day).

But I imagine Therion will open with The Rise of Sodom and Gomorrah and Haggard will close with either Awaking the Centuries or In a Pale Moon's Shadow or something (*and* Shir-Ran from Eluveitie is joining them!) so that makes the decision to stay at Haggard a lot easier.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:36 pm

Ecliptica wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:Not too bad on the conflicts for me, but that Haggard/Therion overlap is fucking annoying.

That's my only conflict too (besides a lot of sets ending when others are starting. Friday is going to be a hell of a day).

But I imagine Therion will open with The Rise of Sodom and Gomorrah and Haggard will close with either Awaking the Centuries or In a Pale Moon's Shadow or something (*and* Shir-Ran from Eluveitie is joining them!) so that makes the decision to stay at Haggard a lot easier.

She's no longer with Eluveitie but that's awesome! She was super nice last year. Talked to her quite a bit.
    TPH
    Chief Petty Officer

by TPH » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:05 pm

Just one or two minor overlaps for me, this is awesome :beerbang:
    Wacken 2003
    Fury Fest 2004-2005, Hellfest 2006 to 2023
    70K 2017 - cabin 2250
    70K 2018 - cabin 8215
    70K 2019 - cabin 10xxx (can't fucking remember)
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:38 pm

How did both Amaranthe shows get scheduled with no competition?
    Last edited by deathmetalpat on Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:28 pm

Aside from some annoyingly late or annoyingly early shows, I'm relatively conflict- and overlap-free.

Thanks to Andy and the 70K crew for getting the running order posted in time to print it off at home. :headbanger:

Now, to await the autographing schedule.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
  • macamatic
    Petty Officer

by macamatic » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:47 pm

Downvod wrote:
    macamatic wrote:Man, I still have to work today and tomorrow, and now I have to do it knowing there are 150 minutes of Kamelot ahead of me.

Looks like I have a decent number of back-to-back sets I want to see. What's the best way to handle that if I'm more interested in the second band? Should I leave a bit early to be there on time or should I expect delays and wait for the first band to finish?

This is not an issue unless you are going to the Pyramid Lounge. You want to get there early, as you can only see in there if you are right up front. For the other 3 venues, generally you can show up at any time and get a decent spot/view.

I'm less concerned with the view than I am with missing a killer opening song. I guess I'll just make a judgment call on whether it's worth skipping the closer for the first band.

At any rate, I noticed only two of my "must see" bands have sets at the Lounge, and neither is super high on my priority list, so that works out I suppose.
    2017: 6523 | 2018: 2546

Want: Ancient Bards, Dark Tranquillity, Deadlock, Disarmonia Mundi, In Mourning, Insomnium, Symphony X, The Unguided, Wintersun, Within Temptation
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:18 pm

I finally processed the Running Order, and it's actually fine: as long as I don't eat, sleep, and climb 15,000 steps in a hurry per day, I'll get to see all the bands I want to see.
    I just had to change my pickup from the seaport to "Florida Mortuary Emporium" :-)
  • sara
    Petty Officer

by sara » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:28 am

I don't know how I'll make it to that Allegaeon pool set, but I must and I will. But seriously, damn! I used to be such a night owl, but having the puppy has pretty much ruined that for me, haha.

Besides the really bad Allegaeon slots, the only other gripe I have with the schedule is that Demmolition Hammer also has a Pyramid lounge set. Did the skipper not see them play at MDF last year? Maybe some cruisers will get their wish, because that venue is about to be destroyed. No way something that rowdy can happen in there. :headbanger:

I honestly have no conflicts, and I can miss the first bands on all days but shore day. To me that's really perfect.
    Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
  • Slarti
    Wiper

by Slarti » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:09 am

alex_canada wrote:Shocked at the times and venues for orden ogan and scar symmetry. Thought they were bigger.

I totally feel your pain regarding Scar Symmetry. If there is one thing I'd criticize about the schedule it's their placement and especially location.

Well, gotta make the best out of it, even the lounge is an okay'ish venue if you're in one of the front rows...
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:24 am

Slarti wrote:
    alex_canada wrote:Shocked at the times and venues for orden ogan and scar symmetry. Thought they were bigger.

I totally feel your pain regarding Scar Symmetry. If there is one thing I'd criticize about the schedule it's their placement and especially location.

Well, gotta make the best out of it, even the lounge is an okay'ish venue if you're in one of the front rows...

Scar Symmetry has an ice rink show to start the cruise. That's a great way to kick it off. I'm just glad they have a set in a good venue that isn't at 4 AM
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

70000TONS OF METAL 2016 IS SOLD OUT!

by Andy » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:43 am

• undo
    Wiper

Re: 70000TONS OF METAL 2017 IS SOLD OUT!

by undo » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:55 pm

If it's sold out, can we get the $150 fee for not booking entire cabins back? ;) (since this fee is supposed to amortize the fact that cabins may not be fully sold - which never actually happens)
    Jimbo2392
    Petty Officer

by Jimbo2392 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:05 pm

I may not know you all or maybe I do but I wish you all best cruise ever! Have fun everyone! Hope to be back myself next year! :beerhorns:
    '15 7598
    '16 7455
    '17 Skip
    '18 3612
  • biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:41 am

Awesome :lol: :beerbang:
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:31 pm

The first day and a half were fantastic. The last two and a half days after the Norovirus hit...not so much. Guess hand sanitizer 100 times a day just wasn't quite enough.

Better luck next year, I suppose.
    Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
  • Thrashmania
    Crewman

by Thrashmania » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:39 pm

Gratch wrote:The first day and a half were fantastic. The last two and a half days after the Norovirus hit...not so much. Guess hand sanitizer 100 times a day just wasn't quite enough.

Sanitizer pales in comparison to a ridiculous amount of soap/water hand washing. Also, pack some vitamin c/zinc pills for next year. Take them daily starting the day before initial plane travels, and a few days after boat to help cover incubation periods. Sorry you got sick!
    70k 2012, Barge 2012, 70k 2015, 70k 2016, 70k 2017
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:48 pm

Thrashmania wrote:
    Gratch wrote:The first day and a half were fantastic. The last two and a half days after the Norovirus hit...not so much. Guess hand sanitizer 100 times a day just wasn't quite enough.

Sanitizer pales in comparison to a ridiculous amount of soap/water hand washing. Also, pack some vitamin c/zinc pills for next year. Take them daily starting the day before initial plane travels, and a few days after boat to help cover incubation periods. Sorry you got sick!

Thanks, will try the Vitamin C/Zinc next year. I was washing my hands a ton, but that certainly wasn't the case for everyone.

I was amazed how many guys were coming straight from the stall and out the bathroom door without stopping to wash their hands. Fucking nasty.

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:49 pm

Norovirus? Really? It didn't spread like crazy I assume, right? Didn't seem to slow many people down.

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:55 pm

Downvod wrote:

Norovirus? Really? It didn't spread like crazy I assume, right? Didn't seem to slow many people down.

I'm assuming, based on the symptoms and how often it shows up on cruises. Could have been some sort of food poisoning, I suppose, but that typically doesn't last for 3 days.

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:30 pm

I caught a cold, but considering how little I slept that about adds up.

Cruise was amazing. So many bands! Line up for me was perfect. Gonna be a hard sell to get me back next year, I tell you what.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:54 pm

Phoenix wrote:I caught a cold, but considering how little I slept that about adds up.

Cruise was amazing. So many bands! Line up for me was perfect. Gonna be a hard sell to get me back next year, I tell you what.

Indeed - will pretty much take my entire wishlist in my signature being added to get me back this time :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:10 pm

Phoenix wrote:I caught a cold, but considering how little I slept that about adds up.

This indeed was the perfect lineup for me personally, but I'll be back regardless. I don't need to have like 30 must see bands like I did this year to make it worth the trip. If I only had 10 must see bands, I'd try to catch them all twice, catch some borderline bands and then just enjoy my time on the ship. This year was almost overwhelming, honestly. Andy could have saved a few for next year...

spooky
    Petty Officer

by spooky » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:33 am

...the post cruise depression is setting in. although i slept 12 hours last night, i got up wanting to go out onto the deck and smell the sea air and have a lovely breakfast in the windjammer and get ready to see some bands. instead, i get to clean litter boxes, bird cages, and do laundry. fuck it all! :cry:
    2021: FUCK COVID
    2022: FUCK COVID
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:36 am

The only times I washed my hands were when I took a shower and never used hand sanitizer , no norovirus here.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:45 am

Anyone else really disappointed in the Theater sound? I don't remember it being that bad last year. For many of the bands, all I could hear was bass, and the lead guitar was drowned out.

The ice rink continues to be my favorite venue.

• Mark
    Petty Officer

by Mark » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:50 am

No norovirus or anything else either - Beer is all you need to stay healthy :cheers:
    I don't think there was an outbreak at all, otherwise there probably would've been some communication from RC.

Anyway, cruise was a good one, although I have to admit I didn't see close to as many shows as I wanted to, there was just too much to do and with only two days to adjust jet lag was a bigger issue for me than it was in the years before.
    Also I'm growing a little tired of all the technical issues we keep seeing every year. I walked away from several sets because the sound was just unbearably bad.

...ah well, only 360 days left :mrgreen:
    Alestorm/Amaranthe/Anneke/Avantasia/Blind Guardian/Civil War/Devin Townsend/Apokalyptische Reiter/Edguy/Ensiferum/Equilibrium/Falconer/Gloryhammer/Grave Digger/Heidevolk/Korpiklaani/Omnium Gatherum/Powerwolf/Rage/Sabaton/Saxon/Therion/Trollfest/Wintersun
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:16 pm

Yeah, the technical issues and stage delays really put me in a bad mood the first two days. Days 3 and 4 were much better. The ice rink was excellent. Did the pool stage open up on time? I didn't make it up there until later in the afternoon.
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:34 pm

mooyagi wrote:Yeah, the technical issues and stage delays really put me in a bad mood the first two days. Days 3 and 4 were much better. The ice rink was excellent. Did the pool stage open up on time? I didn't make it up there until later in the afternoon.

I believe it opened on time, but there were isssues setting up for Haggard and Amorphis later in the evening.

Yippee38
    Petty Officer

by Yippee38 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:59 pm

I got sick yesterday on the way home. At least I started feeling initial symptoms. Today, I have a full-blown cold.

The sound was pretty uniformly lousy in the theater. It was much better in every other venue on the ship IMO. I also thought the pool was incredibly loud. I was using my standard hearing protection the first two days. The last two days, I switched to the foam plugs and it was still plenty loud.

On the positive side, vaping is great. The ship seemed much less smoky than it did last year (or maybe it was just the wind).
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:08 pm

Downvod wrote:Anyone else really disappointed in the Theater sound? I don't remember it being that bad last year. For many of the bands, all I could hear was bass, and the lead guitar was drowned out.

The sound in the theater was almost always terrible. There were times where musicians were completely absent from the mix. Conversely, the sound in the other three venues was very strong.

As a whole the cruise was amazing. Can't wait for next year.
    ***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:17 pm

Not only was the sound in the theater consistently terrible the artists were having a lot of difficulties with the monitor mix on stage. Can't tell you how many times I watched aggravated musicians trying to signal the onstage mixer. A lot of shows were delayed while they worked out sound problems. Was very disappointed in the theater this year.

Pyramid lounge was also terrible as usual. Ended up seeing very little in there.

Studio B was once again the best venue on the ship. Great sound and stayed pretty much on schedule.

Pool stage sounded great but was behind schedule too much.

I had so many shows to see that delays caused me to miss shows (or parts of shows). The delays were terrible this year.

General Zod wrote:
    Downvod wrote:Anyone else really disappointed in the Theater sound? I don't remember it being that bad last year. For many of the bands, all I could hear was bass, and the lead guitar was drowned out.

The sound in the theater was almost always terrible. There were times where musicians were completely absent from the mix. Conversely, the sound in the other three venues was very strong.

As a whole the cruise was amazing. Can't wait for next year.
    2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

2025 - Maybe time to come out of 70K retirement!
    jdch28
    Crewman

by jdch28 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:46 pm

The sound was a little disappointing on the theater, but most of the bands sounded decent enough...

And then Angra's second set happened: some of the mics never worked, both guitars died at some point, and most of the times I heard Fabio cause I was on first row... Still a great performance from their side, but the sound was a sad story :(

mbob wrote:Not only was the sound in the theater consistently terrible the artists were having a lot of difficulties with the monitor mix on stage. Can't tell you how many times I watched aggravated musicians trying to signal the onstage mixer.

2017 Survivor (9361)
    2018 Survivor (2618)
    2018 Booked (2332)
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:38 pm

mbob wrote:....
    Pyramid lounge was also terrible as usual. Ended up seeing very little in there.

The Grave, Demolition Hammer, Vreid & Allegaeon sets in the Pyramid lounge were some of the best sets I saw this year.

mbob wrote:Studio B was once again the best venue on the ship. Great sound and stayed pretty much on schedule.

I agree. This was the best run stage yet again.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
Post Reply 3265 posts