Post Reply 3265 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2017 Megathread
    captaingabbeh
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: Thank You To All Survivors From 74 Nations!

by captaingabbeh » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:25 pm

PacNW wrote:There is definitely an element of random chance. Maybe next year we should have a 70K wingman/wingwoman group :)

There totally is! Though (in case it's not obvious) I was being tongue-in-cheek. I like coming up with my ridiculous outfits, and get a little annoyed when people assume I only do it to get laid. :)

2015-2018,
    Goth Cruise 2019

Wishlist: Myrath-Skindred-Rotting Christ-Amorphis-Hypocrisy-Demons & Wizards-3TEETH-Emperor-Psyclon Nine-Ihsahn-Batushka-Anaal Nathrakh-Epica-Aeternam-Nightwish-Starkill-Primordial-Zeal & Ardor-Powerwolf
    PacNW
    Crewman

by PacNW » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:30 pm

I sensed the sarcasm :)
    2012, 2017 - 6223, 2018 - 6387
    Imminance
    Oiler

by Imminance » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:40 pm

I was in the process of receiving a $100 jackpot from a slot machine when I was super drunk between sets and one of said hot girls in a skimpy top stopped to congratulate me and I went to the bar with her to join her and her friends. We talked and drank for at least half an hour but that was my downfall. I bought several rounds of shots and at some point she said she had to run to the bathroom, but I lost all gas at that point and after 10 minutes of talking to one of her buddies, I couldn't do it anymore and went to my room. It was like 4:30 at that point. Sorry random hot chick! We had a great talk and you wanted to keep giving me cigarettes to smoke even though I don't smoke and you might have wanted some later, but the engine died in your extended bathroom break. :shots:
    Yippee38
    Petty Officer

by Yippee38 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:54 am

PacNW wrote:-Only saw 3 pit etiquette violations the whole time. I heard reports of people groping girls who were crowdsurfing but did not catch anyone doing so myself. Was amazed at how civil people were.

I saw one of those. Well, I saw the reaction to it. That's just wrong and guys who do that need to go buy a hooker or something. I will never blame a woman for being groped. It's never her fault. However, I do have to question the wisdom of crowd surfing in a super-mini skirt. Most of the guys in the crowd are drunk (partially at least) and some have never been that close to a hot girl with so little on. You're giving them too much of a temptation. Maybe shorts would have been a better choice for crowd surfing, or maybe just skipping it if wearing a super-mini. Don't put yourself in that situation, and it's a hell of a lot less likely to happen.

I actually had a discussion about that during dinner with a couple of cool couples. I remarked on how many women were crowd-surfing here vs. other concerts. Everybody kinda agreed that this felt like a much safer environment. Still not perfectly safe, though. :(
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:34 pm

Gratch wrote:- Kalmah desperately needs a translator onstage.

So true. I had not a damn clue what that dude was saying. He sure thought he was funny though.

Oh man, that guys "jokes"..

That guy fell in love with my wife when I wasn't around, I didn't want to have to bust up anyone from one of my wish list bands, haha
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
  • sara
    Petty Officer

by sara » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:02 am

Hey, I have a question.

I never saw my bill the morning going home from the ship. I woke up dizzy as hell and didn't think of much except getting off the ship in time for my plane.

My credit card says that I have one lump charge from RC that went through on the 6th, which looks completely normal to me. It looks like the size of my usual charge.

Then I see there's a separate list of charges, all pending, that look like they're for each day. These charges look familiar, but they also would almost double my bill.

So... is this normal, and has anyone seen their bill get charged like this? Is the first bill a hold or something that drops off once the other charges come through? I feel like I haven't seen individual days on my credit statement before.
    Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
    Donnerklang
    Oiler

by Donnerklang » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:58 am

Done!
    And impatiently waiting for round 8.
    But!
    The Sound on this cruise was very bad over the all.
    Serenety in the Pyramid Lounge was the worst I ever heard (the band usually performs very well) and the FoH should be fired! Guy - why did you listen the whole gig with your headphones???
    In the theatre the bass drum was MUCH too loud so the voices, guitars and even the bass guitar where not really resolvable (except for Amorphis).
    Last but not least the loudness in all indoor locations was too high. Most people used ear protectors. I once forgot them and was punished with hours of piping in my ears. Loud is not equal good, dear FoHs.
    70.000tons family cruise 2020: My two daugthers, my wife and me
    :viking:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:54 am

sara wrote:Hey, I have a question.

I never saw my bill the morning going home from the ship. I woke up dizzy as hell and didn't think of much except getting off the ship in time for my plane.

My credit card says that I have one lump charge from RC that went through on the 6th, which looks completely normal to me. It looks like the size of my usual charge.

Then I see there's a separate list of charges, all pending, that look like they're for each day. These charges look familiar, but they also would almost double my bill.

So... is this normal, and has anyone seen their bill get charged like this? Is the first bill a hold or something that drops off once the other charges come through? I feel like I haven't seen individual days on my credit statement before.

I usually see a collection of charges on my card. I haven't looked at it too in depth but for me this year it seemed like all the times that I had my card physically run at a bar made up the largest lump (sometimes even that has been split up), then I had separate charges for when my number was written down on a slip of paper at the makeshift side bars, one for all the coffee shop charges and finally one from the merch table. It all added up this year, which is nice since I never actually received my itemized receipt at the end of the trip.

I didn't do it this year but as a note for future cruises, you can look up your account from the TV in your stateroom, though it may not be entirely accurate if you've been racking up charges late into the night.
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:01 am

Donnerklang wrote:Done!
    And impatiently waiting for round 8.
    But!
    The Sound on this cruise was very bad over the all.
    Serenety in the Pyramid Lounge was the worst I ever heard (the band usually performs very well) and the FoH should be fired! Guy - why did you listen the whole gig with your headphones???
    In the theatre the bass drum was MUCH too loud so the voices, guitars and even the bass guitar where not really resolvable (except for Amorphis).
    Last but not least the loudness in all indoor locations was too high. Most people used ear protectors. I once forgot them and was punished with hours of piping in my ears. Loud is not equal good, dear FoHs.

I agree about the loudness, but with earplugs, it's fine for me. Make sure your earplugs reduce the decibel level throughout the spectrum, otherwise you'll wind up hearing bass heavy, treble heavy, etc. Each venue has good and bad places for the sound. For me these are the areas where I found the sound to be the most balanced: Ice Rink : center and center-right risers; Pyramid Lounge : area just off the floor stage left; Theater : center balcony; Pool Deck : center floor...further back is a crapshoot largely because of the wind.
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:38 pm

The pending charges should disappear after a bit.Right after the cruise nothing but pending charges will appear,then the batch charge for the trip will appear (the total of pending charges),then they will be a reconciliation of the charges (match the pending with the total).After that if there is an adjustment to be made (say for a credit or you challenge a charge) if the pending and total don't match .You will receive a credit towards you account in this case.To answer your big question,no you will not be double charged.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
  • AceHugger
    Petty Officer

by AceHugger » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:09 am

I had fun.
    2017 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
    2018 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:56 am

People always tell me this every year but I never have this issue with my credit card company. The charges must disappear off my company's holds immediately.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:28 am

Gratch wrote:I think Pyramid really only works for bands you're already familiar with. Even then, it's sometimes tough to listen to because the mix in there never seems to be right. I'm a huge Allegaeon fan, and even I had a hard time deciphering song from just...noise.

The thing I've learned about the Lounge is if you can't be in the first few rows, go grab a seat off to the side. For some reason, the sound is perfectly fine off to the right and left. Conversely, if you stand directly in front of the stage, behind the crowd, it sounds muffled. We sat stage left for Allegaeon and thought they sounded great.
    ***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine
    PacNW
    Crewman

by PacNW » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:57 pm

If you'd like the statement lining out charges per day, what bar you bought from, etc. just call Royal Carribean (866-562-7625). There is a menu option (6 I think) for info on a past cruise. Just tell them you want your seapass statement and they'll email it to you, takes 3-5 minutes, piece of cake.

Re: other charges (small holds), that happens to most, happened to me too, they disappeared after 1-2 days for me.
    2012, 2017 - 6223, 2018 - 6387
    Imminance
    Oiler

by Imminance » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:09 pm

The mysterious charges pending for my credit card disappeared early Saturday morning. My bill matches what I left the ship with.
    Yippee38
    Petty Officer

by Yippee38 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:41 pm

I was going to make a separate post, but it's just a quick question.

Does anybody know what the death rays on the sides of the stages are? I'm sure they're some kind of sound equipment, but I've never seen them at any other show that I can remember. They look like a vertically mounted snare drum head with a plastic tube pointed toward the stage. The tube has what looks like a copper tube spiraling along its length.
  • ExtraneouS
    Petty Officer

by ExtraneouS » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:00 pm

Yippee38 wrote:I was going to make a separate post, but it's just a quick question.

Does anybody know what the death rays on the sides of the stages are? I'm sure they're some kind of sound equipment, but I've never seen them at any other show that I can remember. They look like a vertically mounted snare drum head with a plastic tube pointed toward the stage. The tube has what looks like a copper tube spiraling along its length.

I asked the sound guy about that on board, he said that they are antennas for all the wireless stuff.
    Yippee38
    Petty Officer

by Yippee38 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:00 pm

ExtraneouS wrote:I asked the sound guy about that on board, he said that they are antennas for all the wireless stuff.

Thanks!
    TPH
    Chief Petty Officer

by TPH » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:20 am

OK, Nile's excuse for cancelling 70K 2017 was pure bullshit, as expected: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/nile-p ... placement/
    Being in a band with Karl Sanders must be so cool :|
    Wacken 2003
    Fury Fest 2004-2005, Hellfest 2006 to 2023
    70K 2017 - cabin 2250
    70K 2018 - cabin 8215
    70K 2019 - cabin 10xxx (can't fucking remember)
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:49 am

TPH wrote:OK, Nile's excuse for cancelling 70K 2017 was pure bullshit, as expected: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/nile-p ... placement/
    Being in a band with Karl Sanders must be so cool :|

I thought the same thing yesterday when I read about it. I'm guessing Nile didn't want anyone to know until the tour starts today. Sell an extra few tickets if possible.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:21 am

PacNW wrote:-Only missed a small handful of sets I wanted to make: Allegaeon & Scar Symmetry's second sets, Demolition Hammer's second set, Moonsorrow's second set.

Moonsorrow's second set was the better of the two to miss.

The two bands I wanted to see most that I missed, were Cattle Decapitation and Allegaeon (though I caught a piece of Allegaeon's set in the Pyramid Lounge). Luckily, they're playing together next week in Philly. :headbanger:
    ***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:24 am

General Zod wrote:Moonsorrow's second set was the better of the two to miss.

Jumalten Aika is probably my favourite Moonsorrow song, and they played in on the 2nd set. I guess it is a matter of tastes. The first set was also great with Sankarihauta and Sankaritarina.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:13 pm

bodomdragon wrote:Jumalten Aika is probably my favourite Moonsorrow song, and they played in on the 2nd set. I guess it is a matter of tastes. The first set was also great with Sankarihauta and Sankaritarina.

I own all of Moonsorrow's records and I wasn't even aware they had song titles. :mrgreen:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:31 pm

General Zod wrote:
    bodomdragon wrote:Jumalten Aika is probably my favourite Moonsorrow song, and they played in on the 2nd set. I guess it is a matter of tastes. The first set was also great with Sankarihauta and Sankaritarina.

I own all of Moonsorrow's records and I wasn't even aware they had song titles. :mrgreen:

Same here. :lol: I agree that the first set was better than the second but they were both great.
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:09 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    General Zod wrote:

Same here. :lol: I agree that the first set was better than the second but they were both great.

I didn't even view it as 2 different sets for Moonsorrow. I viewed it as a single set, cut in half. You couldn't just do one. I saw the first half on Thursday, and then I had to come back Saturday to see the other half. You can't just watch 45 minutes of Moonsorrow!
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:15 pm

I.R.S. just deposited all the money I need to book a cabin for me and my wife into my bank account, ready to book now!
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:22 am

General Zod wrote:

I didn't even view it as 2 different sets for Moonsorrow. I viewed it as a single set, cut in half. You couldn't just do one. I saw the first half on Thursday, and then I had to come back Saturday to see the other half. You can't just watch 45 minutes of Moonsorrow!

I saw that they played fucking Jotunheim! I named my forum name on here after that song and I'm envious of those who got to witness them play it.
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:51 pm

Jotunheimr wrote:I saw that they played fucking Jotunheim! I named my forum name on here after that song and I'm envious of those who got to witness them play it.

It was pretty awesome. :mrgreen:
  • DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:53 pm

Well, that was Round 6 for me and holy fuck, was that one hell of a cruise! I'm still reeling from it in all the best ways. No PCD, but I have tons of great memories. Cheers toe everyone for being a part of that. Hope the Skipper books some more killer thrash bands again. That is how one summons Thrash Metal Jesus. :shred: :D
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

2017 Survivor Feedback Survey

by Andy » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:52 pm

Thank you for sailing onbroad 70000TONS OF METAL 2017, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise!

We hope you had a great time and enjoyed your stay onbroad. Your opinions and ideas are very important to us and will help us make 70000TONS OF METAL even better in the future.

Please be patient as it may take up to 48 hours for the system to send all Access Codes. If you do not receive yours within the next 48 hours, please make sure to check your spam folder and contact us.

This survey will remain open up and until February 24th, 2017 at 6PM Eastern Time.

We are looking forward to receiving your feedback and hope to welcome you back on board in 2018 for Round 8 of 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise!

Cheers,

your 70000TONS OF METAL team

Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

Re: 2017 Survivor Feedback Survey

by Razor Ramon » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:56 pm

70000 Tons 2019
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:44 pm

How many times do I need to fill out this survey? When I get to the end and click next it just sends me back to the beginning again..
    70000 Tons 2019
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:52 pm

Razor Ramon wrote:How many times do I need to fill out this survey? When I get to the end and click next it just sends me back to the beginning again..

Same thing happened to me after spending a good amount of time filling it out. I did not go back a second time. Now they need to have a survey where we can voice our complaints about the survey!

Maybe it is actually submitting it even though it goes back to the beginning....
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:58 pm

I filled it out 4 times now and still didn't get to the thank you page. I did put all my comments in a text doc after the first one lost them all, that's fucking annoying.

If it goes through you shouldn't be able to fill it out again.
    70000 Tons 2019
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:49 pm

mine went through the 2nd time... 2nd time I went through it fast and didn't minimize my browser...
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:06 pm

Has anyone gotten though the entire process and then checked to see if their code is used/invalid?,done it twice already and just back to the landing page for code at the end.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:44 pm

Razor Ramon wrote:How many times do I need to fill out this survey? When I get to the end and click next it just sends me back to the beginning again..

Yep, me too. After the fucking BOOK I wrote in the comments area* and have now lost forever, I just want to go somewhere and cry.

----
    * mostly positive, with some merch sales suggestions for 2018
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    Welli
    Oiler

by Welli » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:26 am

Everytime I startet the survey from the e-mail, I ended in the loop. Now, when I startet right away after the first round I've got to the end. Fortunately I saved my comment in a text file, or I would go rumpelstiltskin.

Wishlist: Alestorm - Dark Moor Ensiferum – Fogalord – Frosttide – Elvenking - Gloryhammer – Heathen Foray – Myrath – Noble Beast – Powerwolf – Saint Deamon – Turisas – Twilight Force – Winterstorm – Wintersun - Wisdom
  • zboy
    Oiler

by zboy » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:29 am

I just followed the directions entered the user code, and it worked fine for me the first time, no issues, did it several days ago in fact
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:42 am

Alright, I'm getting tired of filling this shit out..
    70000 Tons 2019
  • Post Reply 3265 posts