Discuss anything related to 70000TONS OF METAL
no avatar
User

meshuggah

Rank

Ensign

Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:33 pm

New York, NY

Re: Thank You To All Survivors From 74 Nations!

by meshuggah » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:55 pm

Phoenix wrote:
bodomdragon wrote:2. Scar Symmetry. I was on first row at the Pyramid set and I it was one of the best shows in my entire life. There was a sort of connection that I can't even explain with the guitar player, he came to me and hugged me at the end of the show, and thanked me for singing along every fucking song. All I could say was, dude, thanks to you guys for the killer show! I really, really enjoyed it.

Fuck, that show was amazing. And they ended with Morphogenesis! Only way it could have been better was if they played Holographic Universe. Playing My Heart Will Go On at the start and the end made that show an extra level of special.

I got a pick from Per at their first show. That was pretty special.

I'm so pissed. Wife wanted to go to the sit-down restaurant once, and the only time was right before and during the Scar Symmetry pyramid set. I said OK since I had seen them headline a few months ago. Now you are all talking about how great a show it was...and the sit-down restaurant sucked big-time. Oh, well. Wife agrees that there will be no sit-down restaurant next year.
no avatar
User

Gratch

Rank

Petty Officer

Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:06 am

Salt Lake City, Utah

by Gratch » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:02 pm

General Zod wrote:The only band I caught in the theater that sounded good was Amorphis.

Haggard sounded amazing as well (I was up top, could have been worse from the floor). Although, it's entirely possible that I was just so amazed by their combination of symphony, opera, and metal that I just didn't notice a bad mix. :)

- Kalmah desperately needs a translator onstage.

So true. I had not a damn clue what that dude was saying. He sure thought he was funny though.

4. The Pyramid Lounge. I've you've read points 1 and 2, you'll understand. I must take back pretty much everything bad I've said about this place before. It is not good for everything, but it is good if you know what it's good for. If you manage to enjoy one of your favourite bands from the first row, man, you're gonna have a HUGE time. And if you get into a party like Allegaeon did, I can't think of a better place. So yes, the Pyramid works sometimes.

I think Pyramid really only works for bands you're already familiar with. Even then, it's sometimes tough to listen to because the mix in there never seems to be right. I'm a huge Allegaeon fan, and even I had a hard time deciphering song from just...noise. My friend who wasn't previously familiar with them, said it just sounded like "really loud mush" to him. Witchtrap had the bass drum so loud it was drowning out everything else. Any guitar solo from Scar Symmetry simply got lost in the mix.

Lounge can be fun, but you have to know the music beforehand to enjoy a show there, methinks.
2016 Survivor
2017 Survivor
2018 Booked

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Finntroll - Gloryhammer - Igorrr - Ihsahn - Khemmis - Myrkur - Nechochwen - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Troldhaugen - Vainaja - Wilderun - Witherscape
no avatar
User

Gratch

Rank

Petty Officer

Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:06 am

Salt Lake City, Utah

by Gratch » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:03 pm

meshuggah wrote:I'm so pissed. Wife wanted to go to the sit-down restaurant once, and the only time was right before and during the Scar Symmetry pyramid set. I said OK since I had seen them headline a few months ago. Now you are all talking about how great a show it was...and the sit-down restaurant sucked big-time. Oh, well. Wife agrees that there will be no sit-down restaurant next year.

I've done two 70K's now, and have yet to go to the sit-down restaurant. There's never any time.
2016 Survivor
2017 Survivor
2018 Booked

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Finntroll - Gloryhammer - Igorrr - Ihsahn - Khemmis - Myrkur - Nechochwen - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Troldhaugen - Vainaja - Wilderun - Witherscape
User

mooyagi

Rank

Captain

Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:25 pm

Tucson, AZ, USA

by mooyagi » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:57 pm

I quite enjoyed Fancy Dinner this year. I got the lasagna, plus a soup, plus a salad, plus two desserts. :mrgreen:
I should get around to updating my signature
User

Imminance

Rank

Oiler

Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:55 pm

Great Frozen North

by Imminance » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:38 pm

I ate a fancy dinner because it was free on my birthday. But I felt bad being dressed in a band t shit and swim trunks though...I swear I only did it thought because the RC website said no dress codes would be enforced! :boobs:
User

bodomdragon

Rank

Ensign

Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:07 am

Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain

by bodomdragon » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:16 am

Phoenix wrote:
bodomdragon wrote:2. Scar Symmetry. I was on first row at the Pyramid set and I it was one of the best shows in my entire life. There was a sort of connection that I can't even explain with the guitar player, he came to me and hugged me at the end of the show, and thanked me for singing along every fucking song. All I could say was, dude, thanks to you guys for the killer show! I really, really enjoyed it.

Fuck, that show was amazing. And they ended with Morphogenesis! Only way it could have been better was if they played Holographic Universe. Playing My Heart Will Go On at the start and the end made that show an extra level of special.

I got a pick from Per at their first show. That was pretty special.

It is actually a good thing they didn't play Holographic Universe. I was so fucking ecstatic after they played The Anomaly, The Illusionist and The Iconoclast in a row, that if they had added Holographic Universe to the pack I don't even know what would have happened to me :D
Wishlist:
Accept--Aeternam--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Battle.Beast--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Dark.Tranquillity--Devin.Townsend.Project--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--DREAM.EVIL--Dream.Theater--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Epica--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--Freedom.Call--Gamma.Ray--Gloryhammer--Haken--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Masterplan--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--Moonspell--Ne.Obliviscaris--Need--Nightwish--Onslaught--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Pyramaze--Sabaton--Serious.Black--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--Soilwork--Stratovarius--SYMPHONY.X--Teramaze--THRESHOLD--Unisonic--Unleash.the.Archers--Volbeat--VOYAGER--Wintersun--Witherscape

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017: Survivor | 2018: BOOKED
User

Daenerys

Rank

Midshipman

Mon May 24, 2010 7:42 am

Clearwater/Tampa, Florida

by Daenerys » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:06 am

mooyagi wrote:I quite enjoyed Fancy Dinner this year. I got the lasagna, plus a soup, plus a salad, plus two desserts. :mrgreen:

We stole your woman and took her with us to fancy dinner :twisted: We ate almost exclusively in the dining room this time around, guess the schedule just worked out that way for us.

I'm really glad to hear some people enjoyed them but I'll be honest, I was SUPER disappointed with both of their performances. They sounded awesome at Progpower and I was really looking forward to them on the boat. But the clean vocals sounded SO flat, especially during their first set. I stuck it out in the ice rink despite how bad they sounded, and even went to the second set too; second set was better but I still wouldn't say it sounded good.
Hypocrisy-Ihsahn-Primordial-GrandMagus-Skeletonwitch-Powerwolf-Myrath-Hell-Opeth-Borknagar-Leprous-SteelPanther-Voyager-Evergrey-Korpiklaani-Sanctuary-AmonAmarth-Ensiferum-BlindGuardian-SepticFlesh-Alestorm-DarkTranquillity-SymphonyX
User

Phoenix

Rank

Ensign

Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:29 pm

Calgary, AB, Canada

by Phoenix » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:38 am

Daenerys wrote:I'm really glad to hear some people enjoyed them but I'll be honest, I was SUPER disappointed with both of their performances. They sounded awesome at Progpower and I was really looking forward to them on the boat. But the clean vocals sounded SO flat, especially during their first set. I stuck it out in the ice rink despite how bad they sounded, and even went to the second set too; second set was better but I still wouldn't say it sounded good.

You're not wrong, the mix was flawed both shows. Being up front helped compensate. Also something something Christian...
Aeternam-†-Amon.Amarth-†-Black.Crown.Initiate-†-ChthoniC-†-Gorod-†-In.Extremo-†-Insomnium-†-In.Vain-†-Korpiklaani-†-Melechesh-†-Mercenary-†-Metsatöll-†-Ne.Obliviscaris-†-Novembre-†-Sabaton-†-Silent.Civilian-†-Soilwork-†-Solstafir-†-Tengger.Calvary-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-
User

bodomdragon

Rank

Ensign

by bodomdragon » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:52 pm

Daenerys wrote:I'm really glad to hear some people enjoyed them but I'll be honest, I was SUPER disappointed with both of their performances. They sounded awesome at Progpower and I was really looking forward to them on the boat. But the clean vocals sounded SO flat, especially during their first set. I stuck it out in the ice rink despite how bad they sounded, and even went to the second set too; second set was better but I still wouldn't say it sounded good.

Yeah, I must agree they had some obvious problems with the mix regarding the clean voices. The sound was far from perfect. But my experience from the first row, as the phoenix here says, was absolutely priceless anyway :)
Wishlist:
Accept--Aeternam--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Battle.Beast--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Dark.Tranquillity--Devin.Townsend.Project--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--DREAM.EVIL--Dream.Theater--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Epica--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--Freedom.Call--Gamma.Ray--Gloryhammer--Haken--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Masterplan--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--Moonspell--Ne.Obliviscaris--Need--Nightwish--Onslaught--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Pyramaze--Sabaton--Serious.Black--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--Soilwork--Stratovarius--SYMPHONY.X--Teramaze--THRESHOLD--Unisonic--Unleash.the.Archers--Volbeat--VOYAGER--Wintersun--Witherscape

User

PacNW

Rank

Crewman

Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:16 pm

Portland, OR

by PacNW » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:52 pm

I don't know how I'm ever going to top this year's cruise.

-Only missed a small handful of sets I wanted to make: Allegaeon & Scar Symmetry's second sets, Demolition Hammer's second set, Moonsorrow's second set. I'm sure there were a few more but I forget. Significant number of the misses were because I was busy getting laid.
-Feel much better on return as compared to 2012 cruise. I intentionally drank less, slept more, took vitamin C and zinc supplements. This appears to have worked so far. I was pretty severely depressed/emotionally unstable after 2012 I suspect because of the drinking levels. Taking extra days off for pre-party, post-party, and recuperation was a wise choice. I also made time each day of cruise to spend 30-45 minutes in sauna for detox & mental relaxation.
-Made awesome connections with two rad ladies. Was not as successful balancing time & attention between each as I would have liked. Partially because boat madness makes finding people a real challenge, even at pre-agreed times and places. Spending $40 to have slow wi-fi on broad was a good choice.
-Made a bunch of new friends. Was worried about feeling lonely as this cruise was solo ticket while 2012 was a group of 2 other longtime Seattle area metal friends. Loneliness was never a problem after pre-party.
-Only saw 3 pit etiquette violations the whole time. I heard reports of people groping girls who were crowdsurfing but did not catch anyone doing so myself. Was amazed at how civil people were.
-One thing I missed: having 2 hot tubs facing stage on the main deck and the continual inter-hot tub rivalry. There were 3 hot tubs this year, but 2 were off to the side of the stage and had a very relaxed atmosphere.

Some memorable set moments:
    +Catching another dude's forehead by accident at the beginning of Mors Principium Est's second set. Got a nice cut that bled like crazy and a good black eye. Stuck around for the rest of the set then went to medical to get it checked, causing me to miss Moonsorrow.
    +Crazy levels of jig dancing and woah-oh singalongs during Moonsorrow
    +Etiquette coaching a girl who had accidentally hit Ryan in the face in Demolition Hammer's 1st set pit. She was embarrassed at first but I helped her feel OK and brought her back into the pit later
    +Waiting for Amorphis pool deck set to start, meeting Doug the guy who started Speakeasy, a telecom services company in Seattle I knew pretty well (fuck yeah metal networking!)
    +Hot tub mosh pit / crowd surfing & dropping surfers into the tub (no idea which set)
    +Helping start up a small jig pit during Orden Ogan's Lounge set
Last edited by PacNW on Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2012, 2017 - 6223, 2018 - 6387
User

mooyagi

Rank

Captain

Tucson, AZ, USA

by mooyagi » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:18 pm

Daenerys wrote:
mooyagi wrote:I quite enjoyed Fancy Dinner this year. I got the lasagna, plus a soup, plus a salad, plus two desserts. :mrgreen:

We stole your woman and took her with us to fancy dinner :twisted: We ate almost exclusively in the dining room this time around, guess the schedule just worked out that way for us.

That's okay since before that you told me she was having cocktails with Gnoff. So thanks for rescuing her. :lol: Love you, Gnoffi!
User

Downvod

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:09 am

Twin Lakes, Wisconsin

by Downvod » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:23 pm

PacNW wrote:I don't know how I'm ever going to top this year's cruise.

-Only missed a small handful of sets I wanted to make: Allegaeon & Scar Symmetry's second sets, Demolition Hammer's second set, Moonsorrow's second set. I'm sure there were a few more but I forget. Significant number of the misses were because I was busy getting laid.
-Feel much better on return as compared to 2012 cruise. I intentionally drank less, slept more, took vitamin C and zinc supplements. This appears to have worked so far. I was pretty severely depressed/emotionally unstable after 2012 I suspect because of the drinking levels. Taking extra days off for pre-party, post-party, and recuperation was a wise choice. I also made time each day of cruise to spend 30-45 minutes in sauna for detox & mental relaxation.
-Made awesome connections with two rad ladies. Was not as successful balancing time & attention between each as I would have liked. Partially because boat madness makes finding people a real challenge, even at pre-agreed times and places. Spending $40 to have slow wi-fi on broad was a good choice.
-Made a bunch of new friends. Was worried about feeling lonely as this cruise was solo ticket while 2012 was a group of 2 other longtime Seattle area metal friends. Loneliness was never a problem after pre-party.
-Only saw 3 pit etiquette violations the whole time. I heard reports of people groping girls who were crowdsurfing but did not catch anyone doing so myself. Was amazed at how civil people were.
-One thing I missed: having 2 hot tubs facing stage on the main deck and the continual inter-hot tub rivalry. There were 3 hot tubs this year, but 2 were off to the side of the stage and had a very relaxed atmosphere.

+Catching another dude's forehead by accident at the beginning of Mors Principium Est's second set. Got a nice cut that bled like crazy and a good black eye. Stuck around for the rest of the set then went to medical to get it checked, causing me to miss Moonsorrow.
    +Etiquette coaching a girl who had accidentally hit Ryan in the face in Demolition Hammer's 1st set pit. She was embarrassed at first but I helped her feel OK and brought her back into the pit later
    +Waiting for Amorphis pool deck set to start, meeting Doug the guy who started Speakeasy, a telecom services company in Seattle I knew pretty well (fuck yeah metal networking!)
    +Hot tub mosh pit / crowd surfing & dropping surfers into the tub (no idea which set)

Missed a metal set to get laid?! Blasphemy!

While we are on the topic... why do I feel like certain people come on this cruise for the sole purpose of hooking up? It seems like there would be much cheeper and convenient ways to get laid. Some of the ladies walking around with their shirts open the entire trip, and flirting with every guy or band member they see... :boobs:

I guess it is just something I don't really see in the metal scene outside of the cruise. At times I feel like I'm on a metal version of the Jersey Shore. I guess I just missed that stage of my 20's :lol:
70k 2016: Cabin 7279
70k 2017: Cabin 6361
70k 2018: Cabin 1704

Abbath-/-Accept-/-Aetherian-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-At.the.Gates-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-Be'Lakor-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-The.Black.Dahlia.Murder-/-Black.Fast-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodshot.Dawn-/-Borknagar-/-Brymir-/-Dark.Angel-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Decapitated-/-Devin.Townsend.Project-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Eluveitie-/-Ensiferum-/-Epica-/-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-/-Exmortus-/-Exodus-/-The.Faceless-/-Finntroll-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Fragments.of.Unbecoming-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Hypocrisy-/-In.Mourning-/-Insomnium-/-Kataklysm-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Korpiklaani-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Mastodon-/-Machine.Head-/-Meshuggah-/-Necrophagist-/-Nekrogoblikon-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Nevermore.(reunion)-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Oni-/-Opeth-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Seducer's.Embrace-/-Sodom-/-Soilwork-/-Solution.45-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-Symphony.X-/-Taake-/-Tankard-/-Tiamat-/-Tyr-/-Undrask-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Winterhymn-/-Wintersun-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart
User

PacNW

Rank

Crewman

Portland, OR

by PacNW » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:33 pm

Honestly, I did not plan on hooking up, it kinda just happened. The boat does have a crazy, party too hard, everyone go nuts atmosphere that is conducive to sexual profligacy (which I support 100%). I might be a little more supportive as I normally practice a polyamorous lifestyle.

It's your cruise, do it however you like! If you wanna catch every set, or get more sleep, or get blackout drunk, whatever! Choose what you enjoy most :)
User

Downvod

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:09 am

Twin Lakes, Wisconsin

by Downvod » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:36 pm

PacNW wrote:Honestly, I did not plan on hooking up, it kinda just happened. The boat does have a crazy, party too hard, everyone go nuts atmosphere that is conducive to sexual profligacy (which I support 100%). I might be a little more supportive as I normally practice a polyamorous lifestyle.

It's your cruise, do it however you like! If you wanna catch every set, or get more sleep, or get blackout drunk, whatever! Choose what you enjoy most :)

No, I'm sorry, I didn't mean that toward you at all. That was just me going on a tangent.
70k 2016: Cabin 7279
70k 2017: Cabin 6361
70k 2018: Cabin 1704

Abbath-/-Accept-/-Aetherian-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-At.the.Gates-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-Be'Lakor-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-The.Black.Dahlia.Murder-/-Black.Fast-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodshot.Dawn-/-Borknagar-/-Brymir-/-Dark.Angel-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Decapitated-/-Devin.Townsend.Project-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Eluveitie-/-Ensiferum-/-Epica-/-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-/-Exmortus-/-Exodus-/-The.Faceless-/-Finntroll-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Fragments.of.Unbecoming-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Hypocrisy-/-In.Mourning-/-Insomnium-/-Kataklysm-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Korpiklaani-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Mastodon-/-Machine.Head-/-Meshuggah-/-Necrophagist-/-Nekrogoblikon-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Nevermore.(reunion)-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Oni-/-Opeth-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Seducer's.Embrace-/-Sodom-/-Soilwork-/-Solution.45-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-Symphony.X-/-Taake-/-Tankard-/-Tiamat-/-Tyr-/-Undrask-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Winterhymn-/-Wintersun-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart
User

PacNW

Rank

Crewman

Portland, OR

by PacNW » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:48 pm

Oh I didn't take it as commentary against me :) Just avoiding working on stuff!
User

captaingabbeh

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:07 pm

Calgary, Canada

by captaingabbeh » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:59 pm

Downvod wrote:
PacNW wrote:I don't know how I'm ever going to top this year's cruise.

Missed a metal set to get laid?! Blasphemy!

While we are on the topic... why do I feel like certain people come on this cruise for the sole purpose of hooking up? It seems like there would be much cheeper and convenient ways to get laid. Some of the ladies walking around with their shirts open the entire trip, and flirting with every guy or band member they see... :boobs:

I guess it is just something I don't really see in the metal scene outside of the cruise. At times I feel like I'm on a metal version of the Jersey Shore. I guess I just missed that stage of my 20's :lol:

I'm doing the dressing up thing wrong clearly, all of the metal bras and I didn't get laid once. Too busy seeing sets.

2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 BOOKED!!

Want:
NeO-Chthonic-Heidevolk-Sabaton--Powerwolf-Kreator-Finntroll-Nightwish-Myrath-Thunderstone-TheAgonist-Skindred-Satyricon-Hypocrisy-Epica-Starkill-Crossfaith-Zeal&Ardor-Meshuggah-Septicflesh-Aeternam-Demons&Wizards-3TEETH
User

PacNW

Rank

Crewman

Portland, OR

by PacNW » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:22 pm

There is definitely an element of random chance. Maybe next year we should have a 70K wingman/wingwoman group :)
User

captaingabbeh

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:07 pm

Calgary, Canada

by captaingabbeh » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:25 pm

PacNW wrote:There is definitely an element of random chance. Maybe next year we should have a 70K wingman/wingwoman group :)

There totally is! Though (in case it's not obvious) I was being tongue-in-cheek. I like coming up with my ridiculous outfits, and get a little annoyed when people assume I only do it to get laid. :)

2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 BOOKED!!

Want:
NeO-Chthonic-Heidevolk-Sabaton--Powerwolf-Kreator-Finntroll-Nightwish-Myrath-Thunderstone-TheAgonist-Skindred-Satyricon-Hypocrisy-Epica-Starkill-Crossfaith-Zeal&Ardor-Meshuggah-Septicflesh-Aeternam-Demons&Wizards-3TEETH
User

PacNW

Rank

Crewman

Portland, OR

by PacNW » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:30 pm

I sensed the sarcasm :)
User

Imminance

Rank

Oiler

Great Frozen North

by Imminance » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:40 pm

I was in the process of receiving a $100 jackpot from a slot machine when I was super drunk between sets and one of said hot girls in a skimpy top stopped to congratulate me and I went to the bar with her to join her and her friends. We talked and drank for at least half an hour but that was my downfall. I bought several rounds of shots and at some point she said she had to run to the bathroom, but I lost all gas at that point and after 10 minutes of talking to one of her buddies, I couldn't do it anymore and went to my room. It was like 4:30 at that point. Sorry random hot chick! We had a great talk and you wanted to keep giving me cigarettes to smoke even though I don't smoke and you might have wanted some later, but the engine died in your extended bathroom break. :shots:
User

Yippee38

Rank

Crewman

Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:49 am

by Yippee38 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:54 am

PacNW wrote:-Only saw 3 pit etiquette violations the whole time. I heard reports of people groping girls who were crowdsurfing but did not catch anyone doing so myself. Was amazed at how civil people were.

I saw one of those. Well, I saw the reaction to it. That's just wrong and guys who do that need to go buy a hooker or something. I will never blame a woman for being groped. It's never her fault. However, I do have to question the wisdom of crowd surfing in a super-mini skirt. Most of the guys in the crowd are drunk (partially at least) and some have never been that close to a hot girl with so little on. You're giving them too much of a temptation. Maybe shorts would have been a better choice for crowd surfing, or maybe just skipping it if wearing a super-mini. Don't put yourself in that situation, and it's a hell of a lot less likely to happen.

I actually had a discussion about that during dinner with a couple of cool couples. I remarked on how many women were crowd-surfing here vs. other concerts. Everybody kinda agreed that this felt like a much safer environment. Still not perfectly safe, though. :(
User

Razor Ramon

Rank

Midshipman

Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:46 pm

Philadelphia, PA

by Razor Ramon » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:34 pm

Gratch wrote:
- Kalmah desperately needs a translator onstage.

So true. I had not a damn clue what that dude was saying. He sure thought he was funny though.

Oh man, that guys "jokes"..

That guy fell in love with my wife when I wasn't around, I didn't want to have to bust up anyone from one of my wish list bands, haha
70000 Tons 2018 ROOM 8355
Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Borknagar-/-Liv-Kristine-/-October-Tide-/-Within-Temptation-/-In-Mourning-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Bloodbath-/-Paradise-Lost-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole-/-Wolfheart-/-Virgin-Black-/-Antimatter-/-Nightwish-/-Arkan--/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Tristania-/-Autumnal-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/--/-Thurisaz-/-Swallow-The-Sun-/-Benighted-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Beseech-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Asphyx-/-Naglfar-/--Ulver-/-Ahab-/-To-Cast-A-Shadow-/-Wintersun-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Bilocate-/-Evocation-/-Wine-From-Tears-/-Hanging-Garden-/-In-Vain-/-In-Slumber-/-Tyranny-/-The-Foreshadowing-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Saturnus-/-Noumena-/-Feridea-/-Ne-Obliviscaris-/-Green-Carnation-/-Blackthorn-/-Ajattara-/-Coldworld-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Silent-Stream-Of-Godless-Elegy-/-Thyrfing-/-Inactive-Messiah-/-Centinex-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Arcturus-/-Darkwell-/-Process-Of-Guilt-/-Dark-Fortress
My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
no avatar
User

sara

Rank

Petty Officer

Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:51 pm

Boston

by sara » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:02 am

Hey, I have a question.

I never saw my bill the morning going home from the ship. I woke up dizzy as hell and didn't think of much except getting off the ship in time for my plane.

My credit card says that I have one lump charge from RC that went through on the 6th, which looks completely normal to me. It looks like the size of my usual charge.

Then I see there's a separate list of charges, all pending, that look like they're for each day. These charges look familiar, but they also would almost double my bill.

So... is this normal, and has anyone seen their bill get charged like this? Is the first bill a hold or something that drops off once the other charges come through? I feel like I haven't seen individual days on my credit statement before.
Warbringer-/-King-Parrot-/-Lich-King-/-Angelus-Apatrida-/-Benighted-/-The-Crown-/-Aeon-/-Witchery-/-Occultist-/-Black-Breath-/-Chthonic-/-Alestorm-/-Devin-Townsend-/-Zimmers-Hole-/-Party-Thrash-/-Grindcore-/-Stoner-Bands-/-Folk-Metal-/-Heavier-Prog
User

Donnerklang

Rank

Oiler

Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:48 am

Hamburg

by Donnerklang » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:58 am

Done!
And impatiently waiting for round 8.
But!
The Sound on this cruise was very bad over the all.
Serenety in the Pyramid Lounge was the worst I ever heard (the band usually performs very well) and the FoH should be fired! Guy - why did you listen the whole gig with your headphones???
In the theatre the bass drum was MUCH too loud so the voices, guitars and even the bass guitar where not really resolvable (except for Amorphis).
Last but not least the loudness in all indoor locations was too high. Most people used ear protectors. I once forgot them and was punished with hours of piping in my ears. Loud is not equal good, dear FoHs.
70.000tons family cruise 2017: My two daugthers, my wife and me
User

mooyagi

Rank

Captain

Tucson, AZ, USA

by mooyagi » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:54 am

sara wrote:Hey, I have a question.

I never saw my bill the morning going home from the ship. I woke up dizzy as hell and didn't think of much except getting off the ship in time for my plane.

My credit card says that I have one lump charge from RC that went through on the 6th, which looks completely normal to me. It looks like the size of my usual charge.

Then I see there's a separate list of charges, all pending, that look like they're for each day. These charges look familiar, but they also would almost double my bill.

So... is this normal, and has anyone seen their bill get charged like this? Is the first bill a hold or something that drops off once the other charges come through? I feel like I haven't seen individual days on my credit statement before.

I usually see a collection of charges on my card. I haven't looked at it too in depth but for me this year it seemed like all the times that I had my card physically run at a bar made up the largest lump (sometimes even that has been split up), then I had separate charges for when my number was written down on a slip of paper at the makeshift side bars, one for all the coffee shop charges and finally one from the merch table. It all added up this year, which is nice since I never actually received my itemized receipt at the end of the trip.

I didn't do it this year but as a note for future cruises, you can look up your account from the TV in your stateroom, though it may not be entirely accurate if you've been racking up charges late into the night.
no avatar
User

meshuggah

Rank

Ensign

Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:33 pm

New York, NY

by meshuggah » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:01 am

Donnerklang wrote:Done!
And impatiently waiting for round 8.
But!
The Sound on this cruise was very bad over the all.
Serenety in the Pyramid Lounge was the worst I ever heard (the band usually performs very well) and the FoH should be fired! Guy - why did you listen the whole gig with your headphones???
In the theatre the bass drum was MUCH too loud so the voices, guitars and even the bass guitar where not really resolvable (except for Amorphis).
Last but not least the loudness in all indoor locations was too high. Most people used ear protectors. I once forgot them and was punished with hours of piping in my ears. Loud is not equal good, dear FoHs.

I agree about the loudness, but with earplugs, it's fine for me. Make sure your earplugs reduce the decibel level throughout the spectrum, otherwise you'll wind up hearing bass heavy, treble heavy, etc. Each venue has good and bad places for the sound. For me these are the areas where I found the sound to be the most balanced: Ice Rink : center and center-right risers; Pyramid Lounge : area just off the floor stage left; Theater : center balcony; Pool Deck : center floor...further back is a crapshoot largely because of the wind.
no avatar
User

deathmetalpat

Rank

Midshipman

Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:38 pm

Maryland,USA

by deathmetalpat » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:38 pm

The pending charges should disappear after a bit.Right after the cruise nothing but pending charges will appear,then the batch charge for the trip will appear (the total of pending charges),then they will be a reconciliation of the charges (match the pending with the total).After that if there is an adjustment to be made (say for a credit or you challenge a charge) if the pending and total don't match .You will receive a credit towards you account in this case.To answer your big question,no you will not be double charged.
My wishlist 2018 -All the bands in 70k rotation that I don't care about.
2012-14 Survivor
2015-16 Abandoned Ship
2017 Returned
2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
User

AceHugger

Rank

Petty Officer

Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:52 am

London, UK

by AceHugger » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:09 am

I had fun.
2017 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .

2018.....??????
User

Phoenix

Rank

Ensign

Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:29 pm

Calgary, AB, Canada

by Phoenix » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:56 am

People always tell me this every year but I never have this issue with my credit card company. The charges must disappear off my company's holds immediately.
Aeternam-†-Amon.Amarth-†-Black.Crown.Initiate-†-ChthoniC-†-Gorod-†-In.Extremo-†-Insomnium-†-In.Vain-†-Korpiklaani-†-Melechesh-†-Mercenary-†-Metsatöll-†-Ne.Obliviscaris-†-Novembre-†-Sabaton-†-Silent.Civilian-†-Soilwork-†-Solstafir-†-Tengger.Calvary-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-
User

General Zod

Rank

Petty Officer

Tue May 19, 2015 1:14 pm

Philadelphia

by General Zod » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:28 am

Gratch wrote:I think Pyramid really only works for bands you're already familiar with. Even then, it's sometimes tough to listen to because the mix in there never seems to be right. I'm a huge Allegaeon fan, and even I had a hard time deciphering song from just...noise.

The thing I've learned about the Lounge is if you can't be in the first few rows, go grab a seat off to the side. For some reason, the sound is perfectly fine off to the right and left. Conversely, if you stand directly in front of the stage, behind the crowd, it sounds muffled. We sat stage left for Allegaeon and thought they sounded great.
***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Zhrine
User

PacNW

Rank

Crewman

Portland, OR

by PacNW » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:57 pm

If you'd like the statement lining out charges per day, what bar you bought from, etc. just call Royal Carribean (866-562-7625). There is a menu option (6 I think) for info on a past cruise. Just tell them you want your seapass statement and they'll email it to you, takes 3-5 minutes, piece of cake.

Re: other charges (small holds), that happens to most, happened to me too, they disappeared after 1-2 days for me.
User

Imminance

Rank

Oiler

Great Frozen North

by Imminance » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:09 pm

The mysterious charges pending for my credit card disappeared early Saturday morning. My bill matches what I left the ship with.
User

Yippee38

Rank

Crewman

by Yippee38 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:41 pm

I was going to make a separate post, but it's just a quick question.

Does anybody know what the death rays on the sides of the stages are? I'm sure they're some kind of sound equipment, but I've never seen them at any other show that I can remember. They look like a vertically mounted snare drum head with a plastic tube pointed toward the stage. The tube has what looks like a copper tube spiraling along its length.
User

ExtraneouS

Rank

Petty Officer

Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:14 pm

Halifax, NS, Canada

by ExtraneouS » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:00 pm

Yippee38 wrote:I was going to make a separate post, but it's just a quick question.

Does anybody know what the death rays on the sides of the stages are? I'm sure they're some kind of sound equipment, but I've never seen them at any other show that I can remember. They look like a vertically mounted snare drum head with a plastic tube pointed toward the stage. The tube has what looks like a copper tube spiraling along its length.

I asked the sound guy about that on board, he said that they are antennas for all the wireless stuff.
Wishlist
Aeternam-/-Æther-Realm-/-Alestorm-/-Amon-Amarth-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Ancient-Rites-/-Arch-Enemy-/-Arkona-/-At-The-Gates-/-Avantasia-/-Babymetal-/-Battle-Beast-/-Battlecross-/-Be'lakor-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodbound-/-Blind-Guardian-/-Brocas-Helm-/-Cain's-Offering-/-Cannibal-Corpse-/-Carach-Angren-/-Children-of-Bodom-/-Chthonic-/-Crimson-Shadows-/-Derdian-/-Dragonforce-/-Edguy-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Epica-/-Evil-Scarecrow-/-Eximperituserqethhzebibšiptugakkathšulweliarzaxułum-/-Evocation-/-Ex-Deo-/-Fairyland-/-Falconer-/-Finntroll-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Galaktikon-/-Galneryus-/-Ghost-/-Gloryhammer-/-Goatwhore-/-Hammerfall-/-Heathen-/-Hoth-/-Insomnium-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lagerstein-/-Nanowar-of-Steel-/-Nekrogoblikon-/-Nightwish-/-Pathfinder-/-Powerwolf-/-Primal-Fear-/-Rhapsody-/-Richard-Cheese-/-Sabaton-/-Seven-Kingdoms-/-Skalmold-/-Skyfire-/-Solar-Fragment-/-Sonata-Arctica-/-Steel-Panther-/-Swashbuckle-/-Symphony-X-/-Tengger-Cavalry-/-The-Dread-Crew-of-Oddwood-/-Triosphere-/-Turisas-/-Twilight-Force-/-Tyr-/-Unleash-the-Archers-/-Valhalore-/-Van-Canto-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfheart
70k2015 Survivor - 2328
70k2016 Survivor - 7511
70k2017 Survivor - 6523
User

Yippee38

Rank

Crewman

by Yippee38 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:00 pm

ExtraneouS wrote:I asked the sound guy about that on board, he said that they are antennas for all the wireless stuff.

Thanks!
User

TPH

Rank

Petty Officer

Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:47 am

Dublin, Ireland

by TPH » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:20 am

OK, Nile's excuse for cancelling 70K 2017 was pure bullshit, as expected: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/nile-p ... placement/
Being in a band with Karl Sanders must be so cool :|
Wacken 2003
Fury Fest 2004-2005, Hellfest 2006 to 2017
70K 2017 - cabin 2250
User

Sgt. B

Rank

Lieutenant

Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:27 pm

St Paul, Minnesota

by Sgt. B » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:49 am

TPH wrote:OK, Nile's excuse for cancelling 70K 2017 was pure bullshit, as expected: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/nile-p ... placement/
Being in a band with Karl Sanders must be so cool :|

I thought the same thing yesterday when I read about it. I'm guessing Nile didn't want anyone to know until the tour starts today. Sell an extra few tickets if possible.
Abbath-Accept-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-AliceCooper-AmonAmarth-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-Antaeus-Aosoth-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AstralDoors-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-Benediction-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlackTrip-Bloodbath-Borknagar-Brainstorm-Candlemass-CirithUngol-Conan-Convulse-Coroner-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-Danzig-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DevinTownsendProject-DewScented-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enshine-Enslaved-Entombed-Entrails-Evocation-Evoken-Exodus-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Flotsam&Jetsam-TheGathering-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GloriorBelli-Goatwhore-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HallowsEve-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-Helix-Hollenthon-HoodedMenace-Horna-Hypocrisy-Ihsahn-InTheWoods-InterArma-InVain-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khold-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-Kreator-LaazRockit-LegionOfTheDamned-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-MachineHead-MaelMordha-Melechesh-Memoriam-Meshuggah-MetalChurch-Mgla-Miasmal-MonsterMagnet-Moonloop-MournfulCongregation-MysticProphecy-Naglfar-Nails-Necrophobic-NeObliviscaris-NightDemon-NocturnalRites-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Obituary-Obsequiae-Obscura-ObsidianTongue-OctoberTide-Okera-TheOcean-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-PagansMind-Panopticon-ParadiseLost-Portal-Powermad-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-Prong-Queensryche(LaTorre)-Remembrance-RottenSound-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Sarke-Saxon-Schammasch-ScorpionChild-Scorpions-SearBliss-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShadowGallery-ShapeOfDespair-Sirenia-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Slayer-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-Summoning-SvartCrown-Sylosis-Taake-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheRuinsOfBeverast-TheSecret-Thulcandra-Triptykon-TwistedSister-U.D.O./Dirkschneider-Uada-Ufomammut-Ulcerate-Ulveheim-Unleashed-Vektor-Vinterland-Voices(UK)-Voivod-Vredehammer-Vuur-WakeTheDead-WASP-WarriorSoul-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witchcraft-Witchery-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-Wolfchant-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Wolvhammer-Yakuza-Yob-Zhrine-ZimmersHole

Survivor: 2012,2014,2015,2016,2017&BtH(2012)
User

General Zod

Rank

Petty Officer

Philadelphia

by General Zod » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:21 am

PacNW wrote:-Only missed a small handful of sets I wanted to make: Allegaeon & Scar Symmetry's second sets, Demolition Hammer's second set, Moonsorrow's second set.

Moonsorrow's second set was the better of the two to miss.

The two bands I wanted to see most that I missed, were Cattle Decapitation and Allegaeon (though I caught a piece of Allegaeon's set in the Pyramid Lounge). Luckily, they're playing together next week in Philly. :headbanger:
***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Zhrine
User

bodomdragon

Rank

Ensign

by bodomdragon » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:24 am

General Zod wrote:Moonsorrow's second set was the better of the two to miss.

Jumalten Aika is probably my favourite Moonsorrow song, and they played in on the 2nd set. I guess it is a matter of tastes. The first set was also great with Sankarihauta and Sankaritarina.
Wishlist:

User

General Zod

Rank

Petty Officer

Philadelphia

by General Zod » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:13 pm

bodomdragon wrote:Jumalten Aika is probably my favourite Moonsorrow song, and they played in on the 2nd set. I guess it is a matter of tastes. The first set was also great with Sankarihauta and Sankaritarina.

I own all of Moonsorrow's records and I wasn't even aware they had song titles. :mrgreen:
PreviousNext