Post Reply 3266 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2017 Megathread
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

Re: Onward Towards Neverworld's End

by Azazel101 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:41 am

Unexpect?
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:44 am

slayergeek wrote:
    metalmaciejmetal wrote:Another band I'm not familiar with. I'll b sure to check out the last couple of bands.

U bands I want UNLEASHED

YES to that. I saw the U clue and now that's all I can think of. Get Unleashed on board!!!!

I still have never seen Unleashed live with Johnny singing
    that would be Amazing !!!
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

by Metaladdict187 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:46 am

Xandria is pretty cool!!!!

I am guess Uli or Udo next.

Or just to fuck with ys, Andy will get Ugly Kid Joe lol
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:47 am

This lineup is now a full-blown dumpster fire. #ContemplatingRefund
    ***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine
    Downvod
    Chief Petty Officer

by Downvod » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:54 am

General Zod wrote:This lineup is now a full-blown dumpster fire. #ContemplatingRefund

Looking at your taste in music, I would think there would be plenty here for you to enjoy... you don't like Arch Enemy, Kalmah, or Equilibrium? You saw Omnium was announced too, right? Be patient, I am sure you will get some more from your list.
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402

Abbath-/-Aeternam-/-Aetherian-/-Aether.Realm-/-Alestorm-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-At.the.Gates-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE’LAKOR-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carach.Angren-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Cruachan-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-DEATH.ANGEL-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-De.Profundis-/-Devin.Townsend-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Emperor-/-Enslaved-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Exodus-/-Finntroll-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghost.Ship.Octavius-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Havok-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Iced.Earth-/-IHSAHN-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-In.Mourning-/-Insomnium-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-MELECHESH-/-Mgla-/-MOONSORROW-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Obscura-/-Omnium.Gatherum-/-Oni-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-SOILWORK-/-Solution.45-/-Sunburst-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-Taake-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WINTERSUN-/-Witchery-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:57 am

Universal Mind Project would be cool if we're adding bands I like. :beerwink:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:00 pm

have we ever had this many bands announced in this time frame?
    22 bands in 12 days?
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:07 pm

Downvod wrote:Looking at your taste in music, I would think there would be plenty here for you to enjoy...

You would think. Aside from the first two bands, there hasn't been a single announcement that's excited me.

Downvod wrote:you don't like Arch Enemy, Kalmah, or Equilibrium? You saw Omnium was announced too, right?

Omnium is a solid band, Equillibrium and Kalmah are as well, and Arch Enemy not so much.

Downvod wrote:Be patient, I am sure you will get some more from your list.

When you start off with two bands you love (Amorphis and Anthrax) and then get 22 successive bands (Death Angel being the lone exception) that you're just not at all excited about, it's getting disheartening. And this "U" announcement is almost certainly going to be another swing and a miss. Given that the last twenty were announced last year after the cutoff dates, he's got about 15 spots to sell me and my friends. That's looking less and less likely with each passing announcement. Don't get me wrong, I hope he does. I'm just no longer betting on it.
    ***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:07 pm

General Zod wrote:This lineup is now a full-blown dumpster fire. #ContemplatingRefund

I don't blame you at all. I'm usually feeling this way about each year, and then Andy announces some awesome stuff that appeals to my tastes towards the end of the whole thing and then I'm glad I didn't cancel.

I just hope that he comes through in the end in this way.
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:14 pm

Eh, there aren't any U bands I care here or there about.

Also, in the past, any clues the Skipper gives us have come capitalised. I think he's just getting creative with ways he can say "The next band is brought to you by the letter [whatever]!"
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-November's.Doom-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-

Save these guys for 2021, Andy.
    metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalmaciejmetal » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:16 pm

Azazel101 wrote:
    slayergeek wrote:
    metalmaciejmetal wrote:Another band I'm not familiar with. I'll b sure to check out the last couple of bands.

U bands I want UNLEASHED

YES to that. I saw the U clue and now that's all I can think of. Get Unleashed on board!!!!

I still have never seen Unleashed live with Johnny singing
    that would be Amazing !!!

I don't think they've ever played in my geographic region at all. Unexpect would be a pretty sweet too.
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:19 pm

Unisonic would be amazing, but I don't see it fitting the clue, nor Kiske being comfortable on the boat.
    Wishlist:
    AETERNAM--Alestorm--Allegaeon--
    Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Dark.Tranquillity--Devin.Townsend--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--DREAM.THEATER--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Freedom.call--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Helloween--IN.MOURNING--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--Kreator--Masterplan--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--Moonsorrow--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SABATON--Seven.Spires--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--SOEN--Soilwork--Stratovarius--SYMPHONY.X--TERAMAZE--_Tomorrows.Eve--Triosphere--Therion--THRESHOLD--Unisonic--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Wolfheart

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor | 2020: BOOKED
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:23 pm

Warphine wrote:I don't blame you at all. I'm usually feeling this way about each year, and then Andy announces some awesome stuff that appeals to my tastes towards the end of the whole thing and then I'm glad I didn't cancel.

I just hope that he comes through in the end in this way.

Me too. :heavydrink:
    Downvod
    Chief Petty Officer

by Downvod » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:30 pm

General Zod wrote:
    Downvod wrote:Looking at your taste in music, I would think there would be plenty here for you to enjoy...

You would think. Aside from the first two bands, there hasn't been a single announcement that's excited me.

Downvod wrote:you don't like Arch Enemy, Kalmah, or Equilibrium? You saw Omnium was announced too, right?

Omnium is a solid band, Equillibrium and Kalmah are as well, and Arch Enemy not so much.

Downvod wrote:Be patient, I am sure you will get some more from your list.

When you start off with two bands you love (Amorphis and Anthrax) and then get 22 successive bands (Death Angel being the lone exception) that you're just not at all excited about, it's getting disheartening. And this "U" announcement is almost certainly going to be another swing and a miss. Given that the last twenty were announced last year after the cutoff dates, he's got about 15 spots to sell me and my friends. That's looking less and less likely with each passing announcement. Don't get me wrong, I hope he does. I'm just no longer betting on it.

So you've got:

Omnium
    Kalmah
    Equilibrium
    Anthrax
    Amorphis
    Death Angel

1/4 of the bands so far.

Abbath-/-Aeternam-/-Aetherian-/-Aether.Realm-/-Alestorm-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-At.the.Gates-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE’LAKOR-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carach.Angren-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Cruachan-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-DEATH.ANGEL-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-De.Profundis-/-Devin.Townsend-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Emperor-/-Enslaved-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Exodus-/-Finntroll-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghost.Ship.Octavius-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Havok-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Iced.Earth-/-IHSAHN-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-In.Mourning-/-Insomnium-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-MELECHESH-/-Mgla-/-MOONSORROW-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Obscura-/-Omnium.Gatherum-/-Oni-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-SOILWORK-/-Solution.45-/-Sunburst-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-Taake-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WINTERSUN-/-Witchery-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalmaciejmetal » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:37 pm

bodomdragon wrote:Unisonic would be amazing, but I don't see it fitting the clue, nor Kiske being comfortable on the boat.

Why would Kiske not be comfortable on the ship? Unless he would insist on wearing his crotch-rocket motorcycle jacket, that would make me uncomfortable too.
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:59 pm

Downvod wrote:So you've got:

Omnium
    Kalmah
    Equilibrium
    Anthrax
    Amorphis
    Death Angel

1/4 of the bands so far.
    To clarify, I own a single record by Omnium and none by Kalmah or Equilibrium. They may convert me live, but they're not currently bands I'm a fan of.
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: Onwards To Scandinavia

by acidbasement » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:05 pm

captaingabbeh wrote:
    acidbasement wrote:If it's Saltatio Mortis, drinks are on me.

Some of the drinks, anyway.

I promise I will buy at least one drink with my own money if it's Saltatio Mortis. :chug:

You can get me my drink on Friday :p.

I feel the way Alex did when Kalmah was announced. I wonder if he ever got around to having pizza delivered to the UMC office that day?

Looks like I'm buying a round on Friday night. Damn, that announcement made me sofa king happy!
    2020 Wishlist: Boat, friends, bands, karaoke, hot, Sorrentos, Windjammer, coffee, Satan, love, alcohol.
    captaingabbeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by captaingabbeh » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:19 pm

acidbasement wrote:
    captaingabbeh wrote:
    acidbasement wrote:If it's Saltatio Mortis, drinks are on me.

Some of the drinks, anyway.

I promise I will buy at least one drink with my own money if it's Saltatio Mortis. :chug:

You can get me my drink on Friday :p.

I feel the way Alex did when Kalmah was announced. I wonder if he ever got around to having pizza delivered to the UMC office that day?

Good question! Paging the skipper...

2015-2018,
    Goth Cruise 2019

Wishlist: Myrath-Skindred-Rotting Christ-Amorphis-Hypocrisy-Demons & Wizards-3TEETH-Emperor-Psyclon Nine-Ihsahn-Batushka-Anaal Nathrakh-Epica-Aeternam-Nightwish-Starkill-Primordial-Zeal & Ardor-Powerwolf
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:28 pm

U bands I want UADA!!
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:32 pm

Another from my wishlist :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Wolves-In-The-Throne-Room-/-Halestorm-/-70K
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:52 pm

Sgt. B wrote:U bands I want UADA!!

:bmhorns:
    Shadow Son
    Petty Officer

by Shadow Son » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:55 pm

U? I'd be down to see Ulcerate if it's them, though I doubt it. I have sneaking suspicion though that it's going to be Unleash The Archers, who I'd also enjoy.
    2015: Survivor: Cabin 9321
    2016: Survivor: Cabin 8455
    2017:
    ABANDONED SHIP!
    2018: Survivor: Cabin 1688
    2019:
    ABANDONED SHIP!
    captaingabbeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by captaingabbeh » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:59 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Another from my wishlist :)

Only 6 more needed to get you on the boat!

2015-2018,
    Goth Cruise 2019

Wishlist: Myrath-Skindred-Rotting Christ-Amorphis-Hypocrisy-Demons & Wizards-3TEETH-Emperor-Psyclon Nine-Ihsahn-Batushka-Anaal Nathrakh-Epica-Aeternam-Nightwish-Starkill-Primordial-Zeal & Ardor-Powerwolf
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:04 pm

metalmaciejmetal wrote:
    bodomdragon wrote:Unisonic would be amazing, but I don't see it fitting the clue, nor Kiske being comfortable on the boat.

Why would Kiske not be comfortable on the ship? Unless he would insist on wearing his crotch-rocket motorcycle jacket, that would make me uncomfortable too.

He's one of my top-3 singers, along with Jorn Lande and Fabio Lione, but I think he's a prick. Too "diva" to mingle with fans. Might be plain wrong though - I really hope I am.
    Wishlist:
    AETERNAM--Alestorm--Allegaeon--
    Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Dark.Tranquillity--Devin.Townsend--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--DREAM.THEATER--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Freedom.call--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Helloween--IN.MOURNING--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--Kreator--Masterplan--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--Moonsorrow--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SABATON--Seven.Spires--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--SOEN--Soilwork--Stratovarius--SYMPHONY.X--TERAMAZE--_Tomorrows.Eve--Triosphere--Therion--THRESHOLD--Unisonic--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Wolfheart

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor | 2020: BOOKED
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:40 pm

"U" won't be Udo. He's touring through Feb.4
    Downvod
    Chief Petty Officer

by Downvod » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:53 pm

General Zod wrote:
    Downvod wrote:So you've got:

Omnium
    Kalmah
    Equilibrium
    Anthrax
    Amorphis
    Death Angel

1/4 of the bands so far.
    To clarify, I own a single record by Omnium and none by Kalmah or Equilibrium. They may convert me live, but they're not currently bands I'm a fan of.

Why is Omnium on your wish list then? :P

alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:02 pm

captaingabbeh wrote:
    Good question! Paging the skipper...

Sent an email asking when Andy is in, and his favourite pizza.
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:05 pm

Unleash The Archers or Unisonic would be great.

But the U and "master" (not capitalised) I reckon points to Uli Jon Roth.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:07 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Unleash The Archers or Unisonic would be great.

From a conversation today with one of those band members I can rule them out!

Mildly excited about Xandria. They're tight live and surprisingly good even though the albums bore me a bit.
    Last edited by alex_canada on Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    captaingabbeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by captaingabbeh » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:08 pm

alex_canada wrote:

UTA or Unisonic?

Please don't tell me UTA is out, they're so fun...

2015-2018,
    Goth Cruise 2019

cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:30 pm

captaingabbeh wrote:
    alex_canada wrote:

UTA or Unisonic?

Please don't tell me UTA is out, they're so fun...

Given he's Canadian, my guess is UTA *SAD*
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:42 pm

I would love to see Uli, I must have listened to Tokyo Tapes a million times on my gramophone ;) when I was a teenager, and they look like a pretty good band live, from what I see of Wacken 2015 on YouTube.
    Not really metal, but several of the bands announced are already not really metal to me.
    Last edited by Godflesh on Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Agnostic.Front-/-Akercocke-/-Alien.Weaponry-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Anaal.Nathrakh-/-Animals.As.Leaders-/-Behemoth-/-Between.The.Buried.And.Me-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Star.Riders-/-Body.Count-/-Brujeria-/-Candiria-/-Candlemass-/-Cattle.Decapitation-/-Combichrist-/-Dark.Angel-/-Deicide-/-Dethklok-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-DRI-/-Entombed-/-Evile-/-Fear.Factory-/-Flotsam.and.Jetsam-/-Frog.Leap-/-Ghost-/-Godflesh-/-Gojira-/-Green.Carnation-/-Gutalax-/-Hatebreed-/-Iron.Reagan-/-Jungle.Rot-/-KMFDM-/-Kvelertak-/-Lost.Society-/-Loudblast-/-Manowar-/-Melechesh-/-Memoriam-/-Mercyful.Fate-/-Ministry-/-M.O.D.-/-Morbid.Angel-/-Morgoth-/-Municipal.Waste-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Nails-/-Nuclear.Assault-/-Pig.Destroyer-/-Power.Trip-/-Protector-/-Rivers.Of.Nihil-/-Ross.The.Boss-/-Sacred.Reich-/-Saxon-/-Six.Feet.Under-/-Sleep-/-Stormtroopers.of.Beer-/-Suffocation-/-Suicidal.Tendencies-/-Tankard-/-Terrorizer-/-The.Crown-/-The.Faceless-/-The.Great.Old.Ones-/-The.Zenith.Passage-/-Thin.Lizzy-/-Triptykon-/-Trust-/-Tsjuder-/-Twelve.Foot.Ninja-/-UFO-/-Upon.A.Burning.Body-/-Vio-lence-/-Wrath-/-Xibalba
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:47 pm

Godflesh wrote:I would love to see Uli, I must have listened to Tokyo Tapes a million times on my gramophone ;) when I was a teenager, and they look like a pretty good band live, from what I see of Wacken 2014 on YouTube.
    Not really metal, but several of the bands announced are already not really metal to me.

Didn't catch either set from Uli in 2011 and regret it.

Heard stories of guitarists from other bands watching his set with tears in their eyes.

He is not on my wishlist, but I'll definitely count it as a +1 if he is indeed the next announcement.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:50 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    Godflesh wrote:I would love to see Uli, I must have listened to Tokyo Tapes a million times on my gramophone ;) when I was a teenager, and they look like a pretty good band live, from what I see of Wacken 2014 on YouTube.

Didn't catch either set from Uli in 2011 and regret it.

Heard stories of guitarists from other bands watching his set with tears in their eyes.

He is not on my wishlist, but I'll definitely count it as a +1 if he is indeed the next announcement.

First Stained Class getting on was a +1 (you're at 5 now by the way) now that... looking for reasons are ya :mrgreen:
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-November's.Doom-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-

Save these guys for 2021, Andy.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:59 pm

Yeah hahaha so I'm technically at 5, and Uli would make 6....
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:27 pm

Azazel101 wrote:Unexpect?

That one would be...unexpected

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:00 pm

Monmisreal wrote:
    Azazel101 wrote:Unexpect?

That one would be...unexpected

They split-up so yeah, it actually would be :lol:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:17 pm

Exactly! I'd love for them to get rebooked though. I never listened to them until after I checked out their 10am pool deck set a few years back. Loved em
    metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalmaciejmetal » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:14 pm

The last handful of bands I'm familiar with most of the names even if i might have never heard them. I decided to give them all a listen and see if anything catches my ear. Everything was decent, i would be ok seeing most of these:

Omnium Gatherum - seems cool. I will be seeing them with leaves eyes and sonata arctica later this year. Bit too much synthesizers for my taste

Draconian - probably my favourite out of the bunch. I dig this sort of doom but i need to be in the right state of mind. Last year Katatonia was hard to watch even though i dig their music

Saltatio Mortis - This may be an acquired taste. Similar to In Extremo it seems but not as focused on the pipes

Xandria - another nightwish type band. Not my thing but i wouldn't mind seeing them

Equilibrium - sounds like high quality melodic death. Too much synthesizers once again.

Seems like a lot of Napalm artists this year. While their at it book Crimson Shadows!
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
    Luxi
    Oiler

by Luxi » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:05 pm

"U" for Swedish Black/Death Metal masters Unanimated... Please! :bmhorns:
    Wish list for 2017:

Sadistic Intent, Hellwitch, Demilich, Infernäl Mäjesty, Sacrifice (Can), Razor, Possessed, Immolation, Hobbs' Angel of Death, Morbid Saint, Autopsy, Dr. Shrinker, Nuclear Assault, Denying Nazarene, Destructor, Morgoth.
Post Reply 3266 posts