Post Reply 117 posts
2017 Set Length Speculation
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

Re: 2017 Set Length Speculation

by bodomdragon » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:58 am

I'd be very surprised if Moonsorrow or Death Angel get less minutes than Scar Symmetry or Mors Principium Est.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:03 am

bodomdragon wrote:I'd be very surprised if Moonsorrow or Death Angel get less minutes than Scar Symmetry or Mors Principium Est.

Yeah but I'd love it if they did. Though realistically MPE and SS are both getting 45. Much as I want more.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:12 am

General Zod wrote:At this point, I would think the historical question that would be most telling is, how close to sailing has a headliner ever been announced? Much like everyone else, I have my fingers crossed for that Amon Amarth announcement. However, as the days pass, that just seems less and less realistic. As a promoter, you pay a band like Amon Amarth to drive ticket sales. But with the cruise setting sail in 35 days, what impact on ticket sales would they even have?

The only reason to announce a headliner at the last minute would be to get more people in the habit of booking in the spring/summer, before much of the lineup is announced - the "trust me, it's going to be awesome" factor. Announcing Amon Amarth at the last minute might not do much for ticket sales this year (which really don't need much of a boost anyway), but could mean more people pull the trigger early next year.
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:42 am

acidbasement wrote:The only reason to announce a headliner at the last minute would be to get more people in the habit of booking in the spring/summer, before much of the lineup is announced - the "trust me, it's going to be awesome" factor. Announcing Amon Amarth at the last minute might not do much for ticket sales this year (which really don't need much of a boost anyway), but could mean more people pull the trigger early next year.

I suspect if that was a practical strategy more promoters would use it. But promoters almost exclusively do the opposite and finalize their lineups, and at very least their headliners, many months before the event and often before tickets even go on sale. As for ticket sales not needing a boost, I would disagree. Every day the boat doesn't sell out he's losing interest on his money, as well as having the financial uncertainty that comes with not knowing how many tickets are going to be sold when all is said and done.
    ***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:05 am

General Zod wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:Remembering 2016 we had 3 bands with 75 minute sets, 17 with 60 minutes, 40 with 45 minutes.

So if my above is correct we can expect one more band to be worth of 75 minute sets (Amon Amarth?), 1 worthy of 60 minutes and the rest 45 minutes.

At this point, I would think the historical question that would be most telling is, how close to sailing has a headliner ever been announced? Much like everyone else, I have my fingers crossed for that Amon Amarth announcement. However, as the days pass, that just seems less and less realistic. As a promoter, you pay a band like Amon Amarth to drive ticket sales. But with the cruise setting sail in 35 days, what impact on ticket sales would they even have?

Remember Wintersun was announced the day before sail for whatever reason, no a minor add. Not sure the rhyme or reason behind it, but then this is Andy we are talking about. I am sure there was a reason, but I certainly don't know what it was...or if that same reasoning would apply to Amon Amarth
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
  • ExtraneouS
    Petty Officer

by ExtraneouS » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:03 am

AceHugger wrote:
    Godflesh wrote:
    Phoenix wrote:Yeah, and someone else didn't either. Maybe Alestorm.

Alestorm blew it because their guitarist "delivered a baby", remember?

Wtf???

Yup, that's the excuse they gave. IIRC, he was actually just REALLY hungover and couldn't play, so they bumped the set to later in the night.
  • CFH
    Crewman

by CFH » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:24 am

cowboy71 wrote:Remembering 2016 we had 3 bands with 75 minute sets, 17 with 60 minutes, 40 with 45 minutes.

So if my above is correct we can expect one more band to be worth of 75 minute sets (Amon Amarth?), 1 worthy of 60 minutes and the rest 45 minutes.

Thank you! Allthough you forgot Gojira from that list, so according to this we would not be missing any more 60 minute bands, just one headliner and rest of them 45 min bands.
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:27 pm

slayergeek wrote:Remember Wintersun was announced the day before sail for whatever reason, no a minor add. Not sure the rhyme or reason behind it, but then this is Andy we are talking about. I am sure there was a reason, but I certainly don't know what it was...or if that same reasoning would apply to Amon Amarth

All fair points. However, as you point out, they're not really equal. Also, I could see how things might have come together last minute with a band like Wintersun. Amon Amarth generally plans their schedule 18 months in advance. So if they are on the boat, it's been a done deal for a long while. To just sit on that info would seem incredibly strange.
    ***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:26 pm

UPDATED - added Gojira, a definite 60 minute-er. And Nightmare a definite 45.

EDIT - moved Scar Symmetry to the 45 minute list, and GSO is a definite 45 minuter.

Here is my take based on historical evidence for those bands that have been on before, and my own judgement for the first-timers.

75 MINUTES
    Anthrax
    Testament

60 MINUTES
    Orphaned Land
    Suffocation
    Kamelot
    Amorphis
    Therion
    Annihilator
    Grave Digger
    Nile
    Haggard
    Arch Enemy
    Devildriver
    Uli Jon Roth
    Amaranthe
    Marduk
    Mors Principium Est
    Gojira

45 MINUTES
    Death Angel (they got 60 minutes in 2011 but one 45min and one 60min in 2014)
    Equilibrium
    Kalmah
    Stuck Mojo
    Powerglove
    Dying Fetus
    Cruachan
    Omnium Gatherum
    Draconian
    Saltatio Mortis
    Xandria
    Revocation
    Stam1na
    Moonsorrow
    Unleashed
    Serenity
    Orden Ogan
    Demolition Hammer
    Vreid
    Pain
    Grave
    Psycroptic
    Misery Loves Co
    Cattle Decapitation
    Nightmare
    Scar Symmetry
    Ghost Ship Octavius
    Last edited by cowboy71 on Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:32 pm

Nightmare is most likely a 45 minute set as well.

We're all sort of coming to the consensus that Amon Amarth isn't getting announced, so if we take them out of the picture, who gets the 3rd headline slot? Gojira maybe? I still sort of think Grave Digger, to make up for them missing their 2015 pool deck set.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:37 pm

General Zod wrote:At this point, I would think the historical question that would be most telling is, how close to sailing has a headliner ever been announced?

Headliners and when they were announced. Interesting that the 2 latest headliners announced are the same band - VENOM. Announced with 57 days to go for 2015 and 40 days to go for 2012.

90 min. - Blind Guardian (26 Oct), Saxon (25 Feb)
    75 min. - Amon Amarth (18 Dec 2009), Testament (26 April)

90 min. - Nightwish (24 Jun), Venom (10 Dec)
    75 min. - Children of Bodom (16 Oct)

75 min. - Helloween (26 Sep), Rage & Lingua Mortis Orchestra (13 Jul)

75 min. - Fear Factory (6 Apr), Symphony X (2 Apr)

75 min. - Apocalyptica (22 Mar), Blind Guardian (15 Mar), Venom (26 Nov)

75 min. - Cradle of Filth (31 July), Children of Bodom (26 June), Iced Earth (25 June)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:08 pm

Phoenix wrote:Nightmare is most likely a 45 minute set as well.

We're all sort of coming to the consensus that Amon Amarth isn't getting announced, so if we take them out of the picture, who gets the 3rd headline slot? Gojira maybe? I still sort of think Grave Digger, to make up for them missing their 2015 pool deck set.

Could be Grave Digger.

Purely on Last.fm stats - Devildriver and Testament have the most 'listens' after Arch Enemy and Anthrax.

And Testament and Kamelot have the most likes on facebook after Anthrax and Arch Enemy.

Given those stats and the fact that they got a 75 minute set in 2011, my money would be on Testament.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:29 am

Scar Symmetry is 45, but they'll probably play 2 completely different sets.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:34 am

cowboy71 wrote:Headliners and when they were announced. Interesting that the 2 latest headliners announced are the same band - VENOM. Announced with 57 days to go for 2015 and 40 days to go for 2012.

Thanks for the research.

As for your set length analysis, it looks like a fairly strong projection. Moonsorrow is the one that would surprise me if they only got 45 minutes.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:48 pm

General Zod wrote:As for your set length analysis, it looks like a fairly strong projection. Moonsorrow is the one that would surprise me if they only got 45 minutes.

I'm pretty sure that they only got 45 minutes when they played the cruise years back. I don't feel like they've gotten much bigger since then. I'd be happy for them to have a longer set.
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:07 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    General Zod wrote:As for your set length analysis, it looks like a fairly strong projection. Moonsorrow is the one that would surprise me if they only got 45 minutes.

I'm pretty sure that they only got 45 minutes when they played the cruise years back. I don't feel like they've gotten much bigger since then. I'd be happy for them to have a longer set.

Moonsorrow did have 45 minutes in 2012. I really wish they would play longer... they have a lot of material and it's all composed of very long songs. I feel like 45 minutes is almost pointless for them.
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:11 pm

cowboy71 wrote:UPDATED - added Gojira, a definite 60 minute-er. And Nightmare a definite 45.

EDIT - moved Scar Symmetry to the 45 minute list, and GSO is a definite 45 minuter.

Here is my take based on historical evidence for those bands that have been on before, and my own judgement for the first-timers.

75 MINUTES
    Anthrax
    Testament

60 MINUTES
    Orphaned Land
    Suffocation
    Kamelot
    Amorphis
    Therion
    Annihilator
    Grave Digger
    Nile
    Haggard
    Arch Enemy
    Devildriver
    Uli Jon Roth
    Amaranthe
    Marduk
    Mors Principium Est
    Gojira

45 MINUTES
    Equilibrium
    Kalmah
    Stuck Mojo
    Powerglove
    Dying Fetus
    Cruachan
    Omnium Gatherum
    Draconian
    Saltatio Mortis
    Xandria
    Revocation
    Stam1na
    Moonsorrow
    Unleashed
    Serenity
    Orden Ogan
    Demolition Hammer
    Vreid
    Pain
    Grave
    Psycroptic
    Misery Loves Co
    Cattle Decapitation
    Nightmare
    Scar Symmetry
    Ghost Ship Octavius

You really think an hour for MPE, huh? That would surprise me, considering a band like Insomnium only got 45 last year.

I really think we should consider that Gojira might get 75. There is such an enormous buzz around that band right now. Their shows have all been PACKED.
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:56 pm

Yeah I would guess MPE 45 and Death Angel 60. The only reason they only got 45 for that one set was cus everyone had to shorten their sets that day to make the schedule work. But, that's just my guessing.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:05 pm

Axxis definitely 45. Moving MPE to the 45 list and Death Angel to the 60 list

75 MINUTES
    Anthrax
    Testament

60 MINUTES
    Orphaned Land
    Suffocation
    Kamelot
    Amorphis
    Therion
    Annihilator
    Grave Digger
    Nile
    Haggard
    Arch Enemy
    Devildriver
    Uli Jon Roth
    Amaranthe
    Marduk
    Gojira

45 MINUTES
    Equilibrium
    Kalmah
    Stuck Mojo
    Powerglove
    Dying Fetus
    Cruachan
    Omnium Gatherum
    Draconian
    Saltatio Mortis
    Xandria
    Revocation
    Stam1na
    Moonsorrow
    Unleashed
    Serenity
    Orden Ogan
    Demolition Hammer
    Vreid
    Pain
    Grave
    Psycroptic
    Misery Loves Co
    Cattle Decapitation
    Nightmare
    Scar Symmetry
    Ghost Ship Octavius
    Mors Principium Est
    Axxis
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    BlackToothGrin
    Crewman

by BlackToothGrin » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:34 pm

Sgt. B wrote:I'd think Gojira will join Anthrax & Testament as a member of the 75 Minutes group.

Finger's crossed this!
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:02 pm

Trauma definitely 45 so too Trollfest.

Pencilling Gojira in for the third 75 minute set. Will be theirs for sure unless someone bigger (ie Amon Amarth) comes along.

75 MINUTES
    Anthrax
    Gojira
    Testament

60 MINUTES
    Orphaned Land
    Suffocation
    Kamelot
    Amorphis
    Therion
    Annihilator
    Grave Digger
    Nile
    Haggard
    Arch Enemy
    Devildriver
    Uli Jon Roth
    Amaranthe
    Marduk

45 MINUTES
    Equilibrium
    Kalmah
    Stuck Mojo
    Powerglove
    Dying Fetus
    Cruachan
    Omnium Gatherum
    Draconian
    Saltatio Mortis
    Xandria
    Revocation
    Stam1na
    Moonsorrow
    Unleashed
    Serenity
    Orden Ogan
    Demolition Hammer
    Vreid
    Pain
    Grave
    Psycroptic
    Misery Loves Co
    Cattle Decapitation
    Nightmare
    Scar Symmetry
    Ghost Ship Octavius
    Mors Principium Est
    Axxis
    Trauma
    Trollfest
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Danny24601
    Petty Officer

by Danny24601 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:46 pm

I think Gojira is a pretty good bet for the third headliner, but I'd put Kamelot in the running as well. Last time they played a 60 min. set, but that was in 2012, touring Poetry for the Poisoned. That was their weakest and worst-received record since Siege Perilous IMO, and they were in the middle of a protracted split with vocalist Roy Khan, with Fabio from ROF guesting as their singer on 70k. Since then they have released 2 strong, well received comeback records and established a strong new vocalist who fucking kills it live. Compared to say, Arch Enemy, they have a much better narrative for moving from the 60 to the 75 min. slot, and they are in the top ten most requested bands. And at least in Calgary, Canada, they play equivalent sized venues to Anthrax and Testament, though I'm not sure how they compare worldwide.

Gojira is a pretty good bet too, especially with two grammy nominations, but they are pretty young for a headliner. My impression is that most 70k headliners have deeper back catalogues than Gojira's 6 LP's.

Of course, the absence of a clear third headliner could indicate the late arrival of a certain group of Wrathful Norsemen, though such a late announcement would be peculiar. With all due respect to the impressive influence of Anthrax and Testament, Amon Amarth would be the biggest band on the boat in 2017 and to announce them so late would be very illogical. That said, 70k announcements are legendarily illogical so I get why we aren't quite counting them out yet.
    Last edited by Danny24601 on Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Seventh.Wonder/Theocracy/The.Night.Flight.Orchestra/Draconian/My.Dying.Bride/Primordial/Turisas/Katatonia/Swallow.the.Sun/Eluveitie/Seven.Spires/Tyr/Soilwork/Helloween/Countless.Skies/Anaal.Nathrakh/Frozen.Crown/Sonata.Arctica/Powerwolf/Blind.Guardian/Avantasia/Within.Temptation/Aephanemer/Serenity/Saturnus/Moonspell/Scardust/The.Halo.Effect/Sabaton/Noumena/Sojourner/Dragony/Omnium.Gatherum/Soen/Paradise.Lost/Shape.of.Despair/Hamferd/Aether.Realm/Brothers.of.Metal/Dawn.of.Solace/Tribulation/Twilight.Force/Be'lakor/Wilderun/Beast.in.Black/Ensiferum/Serenity.in.Murder/Dimmu.Borgir/Amon.Amarth/Visigoth/Satyricon/Cradle.of.Filth/Unleash.the.Archers/Moonsorrow/Epica
    scyll
    Petty Officer

by scyll » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:40 pm

Oh I think Amon Amarth are definitely a possibility. My theory is that Andy planned on announcing them in the first 20 bands or so, but when he saw the cruise was selling so well, I think he MAY (or may not, who knows... it's Andy we're talking about :roll: ) have kept AA for a surprise à-la-Wintersun in 2015.

That might also totally be wishful thinking! :lol:
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:05 pm

Gojira are definitely a candidate for a 75 minute slot. They ranked higher than Anthrax on the lineup for Download 2016.
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:41 pm

Did Marduk really get 60mn before?
    With Angra most likely taking a 60mn slot, that leaves only one open, for Overkill.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:39 pm

Godflesh wrote:Did Marduk really get 60mn before?
    With Angra most likely taking a 60mn slot, that leaves only one open, for Overkill.

Yup - Marduk 2 x 60 minute sets in 2011.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:41 pm

Edenbridge and Manegarm 45 minutes, Angra to get 60 minutes again.

Pencilling Gojira in for the third 75 minute set. Will be theirs for sure unless someone bigger (ie Amon Amarth) comes along.

75 MINUTES
    Anthrax
    Gojira
    Testament

60 MINUTES
    Orphaned Land
    Suffocation
    Kamelot
    Amorphis
    Therion
    Annihilator
    Grave Digger
    Nile
    Haggard
    Arch Enemy
    Devildriver
    Uli Jon Roth
    Amaranthe
    Marduk
    Angra

45 MINUTES
    Equilibrium
    Kalmah
    Stuck Mojo
    Powerglove
    Dying Fetus
    Cruachan
    Omnium Gatherum
    Draconian
    Saltatio Mortis
    Xandria
    Revocation
    Stam1na
    Moonsorrow
    Unleashed
    Serenity
    Orden Ogan
    Demolition Hammer
    Vreid
    Pain
    Grave
    Psycroptic
    Misery Loves Co
    Cattle Decapitation
    Nightmare
    Scar Symmetry
    Ghost Ship Octavius
    Mors Principium Est
    Axxis
    Trauma
    Trollfest
    Edenbridge
    Manegarm
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • AceHugger
    Petty Officer

by AceHugger » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:22 am

acidbasement wrote:
    General Zod wrote:At this point, I would think the historical question that would be most telling is, how close to sailing has a headliner ever been announced? Much like everyone else, I have my fingers crossed for that Amon Amarth announcement. However, as the days pass, that just seems less and less realistic. As a promoter, you pay a band like Amon Amarth to drive ticket sales. But with the cruise setting sail in 35 days, what impact on ticket sales would they even have?

The only reason to announce a headliner at the last minute would be to get more people in the habit of booking in the spring/summer, before much of the lineup is announced - the "trust me, it's going to be awesome" factor. Announcing Amon Amarth at the last minute might not do much for ticket sales this year (which really don't need much of a boost anyway), but could mean more people pull the trigger early next year.

^^Exactly this.^^ If it happens, - for years to come people will discuss the lineup which might not be hugely enthralling but someone will say 'Remember that year that Amon Amarth were the last to be announced. get your tickets early!!"

Personally I'm convinced it'll be John Cena. - He's always the surprise last announcement.

2017 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
    2018 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:34 pm

If we went for Last.fm number of listeners, our 20 "top" bands would be VERY surprising (to me).
    For comparison, Amon Amarth has 542641 listeners.

Anthrax 827197
    Arch Enemy 617075
    Testament 504700
    DevilDriver 493654
    Kamelot 417675
    Amorphis 407946
    Therion 368372
    Gojira 357001
    Pain 339071
    Annihilator 288563
    Xandria 287922
    Angra 262179
    Nile 256812
    Kalmah 230345
    Scar Symmetry 204355
    Haggard 201206
    Grave Digger 196320
    Edenbridge 186960
    Draconian 180697
    Marduk 173219
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:42 pm

Latest adds - all 45 minutes

75 MINUTES
    Anthrax
    Gojira
    Testament

60 MINUTES
    Orphaned Land
    Suffocation
    Kamelot
    Amorphis
    Therion
    Annihilator
    Grave Digger
    Nile
    Haggard
    Arch Enemy
    Devildriver
    Uli Jon Roth
    Amaranthe
    Marduk
    Angra

45 MINUTES
    Equilibrium
    Kalmah
    Stuck Mojo
    Powerglove
    Dying Fetus
    Cruachan
    Omnium Gatherum
    Draconian
    Saltatio Mortis
    Xandria
    Revocation
    Stam1na
    Moonsorrow
    Unleashed
    Serenity
    Orden Ogan
    Demolition Hammer
    Vreid
    Pain
    Grave
    Psycroptic
    Misery Loves Co
    Cattle Decapitation
    Nightmare
    Scar Symmetry
    Ghost Ship Octavius
    Mors Principium Est
    Axxis
    Trauma
    Trollfest
    Edenbridge
    Manegarm
    Einherjer
    Cryptex
    Total Death
    Touch The Sun
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:44 pm

That gives us 3 x 75 minutes, 16 x 60 minutes, 37 x 45 minutes.

If we are to be the same as 2016 then we can expect 1 x 60 minutes and 3 x 45 minutes.

So either the final act will be a 60 minute-er, or they will be big enough to replace Gojira for the 3rd 75 minute slot.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalmaciejmetal » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:52 pm

AceHugger wrote:
    Personally I'm convinced it'll be John Cena. - He's always the surprise last announcement.

Just to swerve the marks. Right when they think Daniel Bryan is the 30th entrant, out comes Cena. Wait, we're not fantasy booking the rumble?
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
  • macamatic
    Petty Officer

by macamatic » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:01 pm

cowboy71 wrote:That gives us 3 x 75 minutes, 16 x 60 minutes, 37 x 45 minutes.

If we are to be the same as 2016 then we can expect 1 x 60 minutes and 3 x 45 minutes.

So either the final act will be a 60 minute-er, or they will be big enough to replace Gojira for the 3rd 75 minute slot.

The fact that he saved it until the end suggests it's the latter, but I'm trying to apply logic to Andy's decisions and should really know better.
    2017: 6523 | 2018: 2546

Want: Ancient Bards, Dark Tranquillity, Deadlock, Disarmonia Mundi, In Mourning, Insomnium, Symphony X, The Unguided, Wintersun, Within Temptation
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:17 pm

metalmaciejmetal wrote:
    AceHugger wrote:

Just to swerve the marks. Right when they think Daniel Bryan is the 30th entrant, out comes Cena. Wait, we're not fantasy booking the rumble?

If we're fantasy booking the rumble, Finn Balor wins. Obvs.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:55 pm

cowboy71 wrote:That gives us 3 x 75 minutes, 16 x 60 minutes, 37 x 45 minutes.

Exactly.
    Overkill and Candlemass are candidates for the last 60mn slot, but not very good ones.
    Waiting till the end to announce Overkill when you already announced Anthrax, Testament and Death Angel makes no sense.
    Waiting till the end to announce Candlemass when it's been leaked in August would be so... anticlimatic.
    I'm guessing it's going to be even more anticlimatic, either Striker or Grand Magus.
  • ExtraneouS
    Petty Officer

by ExtraneouS » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:56 pm

Phoenix wrote:
    metalmaciejmetal wrote:
    AceHugger wrote:

If we're fantasy booking the rumble, Finn Balor wins. Obvs.

Isn't he still out with his shoulder injury though? If he doesn't return, then Undertaker will probably win to set up his final match. But in reality, we know this will happen:
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:25 pm

ExtraneouS wrote:Isn't he still out with his shoulder injury though? If he doesn't return, then Undertaker will probably win to set up his final match. But in reality, we know this will happen:

People did the math and if his recovery went well, being back in time for the Rumble is possible.

Don't talk to me about Roman Reigns. I can't even.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalmaciejmetal » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:00 pm

Anyone but Roman, that's all i have to say there.
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:48 pm

Latest adds - all 45 minutes. One to go which will either bump Gojira from the 75 minute list, or be a 60 minute band.

75 MINUTES
    Anthrax
    Gojira
    Testament

60 MINUTES
    Orphaned Land
    Suffocation
    Kamelot
    Amorphis
    Therion
    Annihilator
    Grave Digger
    Nile
    Haggard
    Arch Enemy
    Devildriver
    Uli Jon Roth
    Amaranthe
    Marduk
    Angra

45 MINUTES
    Equilibrium
    Kalmah
    Stuck Mojo
    Powerglove
    Dying Fetus
    Cruachan
    Omnium Gatherum
    Draconian
    Saltatio Mortis
    Xandria
    Revocation
    Stam1na
    Moonsorrow
    Unleashed
    Serenity
    Orden Ogan
    Demolition Hammer
    Vreid
    Pain
    Grave
    Psycroptic
    Misery Loves Co
    Cattle Decapitation
    Nightmare
    Scar Symmetry
    Ghost Ship Octavius
    Mors Principium Est
    Axxis
    Trauma
    Trollfest
    Edenbridge
    Manegarm
    Einherjer
    Cryptex
    Total Death
    Touch The Sun
    Dalriada
    Witchtrap
    Striker
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalmaciejmetal » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:18 am

I realize the answer is SOON! but im getting restless. I want to start planning out my days. DAMN IT! The wait is worse than Christmas as a kid
    Survivor 2016 and 2017