Post Reply 137 posts
How fast will 2017 sell out?
    cowboy71
    Commander

Re: How fast will 2017 sell out?

by cowboy71 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:20 pm

D.T. Metal wrote:
    No it's not, the fact sheet from the captain stated: 3634 guests (double occupancy) with 4375 guests in total. So I guess the difference is for cabins with more max passengers. And the ship crew is 1360, but this number is NOT included in the guest count. It's separate since the crew has their own living quarters and those cabins are not counted in the total number of guest cabins.

Those actual figures are good to know ! Thanks!

Our figures were collated by manually going through the deck plans on the website and trying to count all the cabins for all the categories. As you can imagine - a time consuming and difficult process so I'm not surprised there are some inaccuracies!!

But obviously this is all just to give everyone a ballpark, rough idea of how sales are progressing anyway.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Wolves-In-The-Throne-Room-/-Halestorm-/-70K
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:23 pm

Type / Double / Triple / Quad / Quin/ SEX / Sept / Oct /
    Interior N / 73 /
    Interior M / 128 /
    Interior L / 141 /
    Interior K / 3 / 1 / 177
    Promenade PR / 166 /
    Family Interior FI / / / / / / 2 /
    Promenade Family FP / / / / / /4 /
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Ocean View I / 66 / / /
    Ocean View H / 42 / / /
    Ocean View G / / / 100 /
    Large Ocean View F / 14 / 2 / /
    Family Ocean View FO / / / / / 10 /
    Deluxe Balcony E3 / 185 /
    Deluxe Balcony E2 / 52 /
    Deluxe Balcony E1 / / 83 / 8 /
    Superior Balcony D3 / 191 /
    Superior Balcony D2 / 102 /
    Superior Balcony D1 / ? / ? / 89 /
    Junior Suite JS / 56 / ? / 22 /
    Grand Suite GS / / / 22 /
    Royal Family Suite FS / / / / / / / 4 /
    Owner Suite OS / / / 8 /

Total Cabins: 1751
    Number of Cabins in Sold Out Categories: 735

Actual official cabin count from 70K press sheet:
    Total number of cabins = 1817
    Ocean View: 1084 (842 with balconies) / Interior: 733 (172 with promenade view)
    out of those there are 855 with third/fourth berths and 32 are wheelchair accessible
    Last edited by cowboy71 on Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:02 pm

AmelieM wrote:Thanks! So that means the chart is off a little. But still gives a good idea. I wonder why they keep so many spots vacant though.

Emergency backup beer storage. :lol:
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Booked!
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:08 pm

D.T. Metal wrote:
    Phoenix wrote:Hmm. From the website:

Passengers: 3648 (double occupancy)
    Ship Crew: 1,300 (average)

That doesn't add up much. Is the website just woefully out of date?

No it's not, the fact sheet from the captain stated: 3634 guests (double occupancy) with 4375 guests in total. So I guess the difference is for cabins with more max passengers. And the ship crew is 1360, but this number is NOT included in the guest count. It's separate since the crew has their own living quarters and those cabins are not counted in the total number of guest cabins.

The other determining factor is the number of people assigned to staterooms within each muster-station. Due to SOLAS regs, that number cannot exceed the lifeboat capacity for each muster zone; if it does, the ship cannot sail. 70K sells more quads than most cruises, so it's possible that this limit could be reached more quickly.
    I'm assuming now that 70K takes this into account when assigning staterooms at reservation-time.
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
    UltimoAviso
    Petty Officer

by UltimoAviso » Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:11 pm

Ran into some issues with my friends and missed the cheapest quads, do they re-open these if they go unpaid or do we need to book a more expensive room? or is there a wait list or anything of the sort?
    http://www.helionprimemetal.com/ <-My Band

70K:
    2016-7211
    2017-9230
    2018-1690
    2019-7648
    Wacken:
    Progpower:

Wish:Skull Fist-Striker-*Grim Reaper*-Manowar-Running Wild(and i book immediately)
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:34 pm

UltimoAviso wrote:Ran into some issues with my friends and missed the cheapest quads, do they re-open these if they go unpaid or do we need to book a more expensive room? or is there a wait list or anything of the sort?

Yes often times cheaper cabins open up later on.

People cancel, or UMC even shuffle people from cheaper cabins to better ones to free up cheaper cabins for new bookings.

My advice will be - CONTACT UMC! Tell them your situation - they may be a little slow getting back to you as they would be getting smashed with bookings, but the customer service is nothing short of awesome.

They will do their utmost to help you out :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:12 am

UMC's booking service certainly ROCKS. When I made my cabin reservation I requested if my friends and I could have the same cabin as last year (we totally loved it, and the location was perfect, just a few meters away from the theater stage) and within less than 24 hours they confirmed my reservation in the requested cabin. Cheers on that!
    Wishlist:
    AETERNAM--Alestorm--Allegaeon--
    Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Dark.Tranquillity--Devin.Townsend--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--DREAM.THEATER--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Freedom.call--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Helloween--IN.MOURNING--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--Kreator--Masterplan--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--Moonsorrow--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SABATON--Seven.Spires--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--SOEN--Soilwork--Stratovarius--SYMPHONY.X--TERAMAZE--_Tomorrows.Eve--Triosphere--Therion--THRESHOLD--Unisonic--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Wolfheart

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor | 2020: BOOKED
  • CFH
    Crewman

by CFH » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:30 am

bodomdragon wrote:UMC's booking service certainly ROCKS. When I made my cabin reservation I requested if my friends and I could have the same cabin as last year (we totally loved it, and the location was perfect, just a few meters away from the theater stage) and within less than 24 hours they confirmed my reservation in the requested cabin. Cheers on that!

I did the same thing with same result. Thumbs up for the booking service!
    captaingabbeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by captaingabbeh » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:53 am

cowboy71 wrote:
    UltimoAviso wrote:Ran into some issues with my friends and missed the cheapest quads, do they re-open these if they go unpaid or do we need to book a more expensive room? or is there a wait list or anything of the sort?

People cancel, or UMC even shuffle people from cheaper cabins to better ones to free up cheaper cabins for new bookings.

My advice will be - CONTACT UMC! Tell them your situation - they may be a little slow getting back to you as they would be getting smashed with bookings, but the customer service is nothing short of awesome.

Oh man, if UMC can waitlist people, that changes everything. I'm booked in, but one of my best friends juuust missed being able to book a cabin in her price range :/

2015-2018,
    Goth Cruise 2019

Wishlist: Myrath-Skindred-Rotting Christ-Amorphis-Hypocrisy-Demons & Wizards-3TEETH-Emperor-Psyclon Nine-Ihsahn-Batushka-Anaal Nathrakh-Epica-Aeternam-Nightwish-Starkill-Primordial-Zeal & Ardor-Powerwolf
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:07 pm

bodomdragon wrote:UMC's booking service certainly ROCKS. When I made my cabin reservation I requested if my friends and I could have the same cabin as last year (we totally loved it, and the location was perfect, just a few meters away from the theater stage) and within less than 24 hours they confirmed my reservation in the requested cabin. Cheers on that!

I wish I'd thought of that when we made our booking. We really liked our room last year -- just DON'T go to your room early or you'll face the implacable wrath of some Nepalese guy from hotel services! :evil: -- and I'm not sure If this year's room will be as good.

I'm hoping for at least one towel-animal in 2017, too. I guess our stateroom steward didn't know how. :cry:
    2020 Wishlist:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:09 pm

Interior L now gone - Promenade the only interior type left available.

Interior N / 73 /
    Interior M / 128 /
    Interior L / 141 /
    Interior K / 3 / 1 / 177
    Promenade PR / 166 /
    Ocean View I / 66 / / /
    Ocean View H / 42 / / /
    Ocean View G / / / 100 /
    Large Ocean View F / 14 / 2 / /
    Family Ocean View FO / / / / / 10 /
    Deluxe Balcony E2 / 52 /
    Deluxe Balcony E1 / / 83 / 8 /
    Grand Suite GS / / / 22 /
    Royal Family Suite FS / / / / / / / 4 /
    Owner Suite OS / / / 8 /

Number of Cabins in Sold Out Categories: 886

out of those there are 855 with third/fourth berths and 32 are wheelchair accessible
    Last edited by cowboy71 on Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:40 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Interior L now gone - Promenade the only interior type left available.

On the bright side, this DOES mean that the legendary Ben & Jerry's "Sweet" could still be in play!

--For those who don't know, the Promenade interior room just above the Ben & Jerry's has a view out the window of...a giant cow's butt. To compensate for the view, guests in that room get special Ben & Jerry's décor and free ice-cream during the cruise. :lol:
    2020 Wishlist:
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:47 pm

Pellaz wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:Interior L now gone - Promenade the only interior type left available.

On the bright side, this DOES mean that the legendary Ben & Jerry's "Sweet" could still be in play!

--For those who don't know, the Promenade interior room just above the Ben & Jerry's has a view out the window of...a giant cow's butt. To compensate for the view, guests in that room get special Ben & Jerry's décor and free ice-cream during the cruise. :lol:

I remember that butt. I also remember what cruisers did to it in 2015.
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-November's.Doom-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-

Save these guys for 2021, Andy.
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:52 pm

Phoenix wrote:
    Pellaz wrote:

I remember that butt. I also remember what cruisers did to it in 2015.

Wait. I knew about Clifford the Big Red Crowdsurfing Dog.* What did the heathens do to that poor, defenseless cow? :lol:

----
    * for the new folks, try not to damage the ship or the décor...for the night is dark and full of additional vandalism charges.
    2020 Wishlist:
    UltimoAviso
    Petty Officer

by UltimoAviso » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:58 pm

captaingabbeh wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:

Oh man, if UMC can waitlist people, that changes everything. I'm booked in, but one of my best friends juuust missed being able to book a cabin in her price range :/

They got back to me within the day. No waiting list. Figured I'd let ya know
    http://www.helionprimemetal.com/ <-My Band

70K:
    2016-7211
    2017-9230
    2018-1690
    2019-7648
    Wacken:
    Progpower:

Wish:Skull Fist-Striker-*Grim Reaper*-Manowar-Running Wild(and i book immediately)
    crazemidgt
    Crewman

by crazemidgt » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:34 pm

Pellaz wrote:
    Wait. I knew about Clifford the Big Red Crowdsurfing Dog.* What did the heathens do to that poor, defenseless cow? :lol:

----
    * for the new folks, try not to damage the ship or the décor...for the night is dark and full of additional vandalism charges.

That Melechesh set was awesome...

70K 2017 Cabin - 6232

70K Survivor - 2015
    Wacken - 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014
    MetalDays - 2014
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:34 am

crazemidgt wrote:
    That Melechesh set was awesome...

I would've been on the right side in your pic. It was a memorable show, but an expensive one for the culprits. :shock:
    2020 Wishlist:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:19 am

nterior L back - can only be a few there.

Interior N / 73 /
    Interior M / 128 /
    *****Interior L / 141 /
    Interior K / 3 / 1 / 177
    Promenade PR / 166 /
    Ocean View I / 66 / / /
    Ocean View H / 42 / / /
    Ocean View G / / / 100 /
    Large Ocean View F / 14 / 2 / ? /
    Family Ocean View FO / / / ? / ? / 10 /
    Deluxe Balcony E2 / 52 /
    Deluxe Balcony E1 / ? / 83 / 8 /
    Grand Suite GS / ? / ? / 22 /
    Royal Family Suite FS / / / ? / ? / ? / ? / 4 /
    Owner Suite OS / ? / ? / 8 /

Number of Cabins in Sold Out Categories: 811
    ***** - marked as sold out previously, so only a few available at most

Last edited by cowboy71 on Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:38 am

As we wait for public sales (which has given everyone plenty of time to use their discount )
    Family Ocean View FO has sold out now.
    If Superior D3 doubles go before Public sales begin,sell out could happen just after public sales begin.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:34 pm

Ocean View H now gone

Interior N / 73 /
    Interior M / 128 /
    *****Interior L / 141 /
    Interior K / 3 / 1 / 177
    Promenade PR / 168 /
    Ocean View I / 66 / / /
    Ocean View H / 42 / / /
    Ocean View G / / / 100 /
    Large Ocean View F / 14 / 2 / ? /
    Family Ocean View FO / / / ? / ? / 10 /
    Deluxe Balcony E2 / 52 /
    Deluxe Balcony E1 / ? / 83 / 8 /
    Grand Suite GS / ? / ? / 22 /
    Royal Family Suite FS / / / ? / ? / ? / ? / 4 /
    Owner Suite OS / ? / ? / 8 /

Total Cabins: 1757
    Number of Cabins in Sold Out Categories: 853
    ***** - marked as sold out previously, so only a few available at most

Last edited by cowboy71 on Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:08 pm

This is all that is left for MALE solo travellers:

Interior M Double
    Interior L Double
    Ocen View H Double
    Ocean View G Quad
    Superior Balcony D2 Double
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:05 pm

what does in red mean again Dallas ? lol
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, Booked Midship Deck 9 2020, Barge to hell -2012
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:17 am

TOM CRUISE wrote:what does in red mean again Dallas ? lol

Categories in red are sold out :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
  • MetalMatt
    Oiler

by MetalMatt » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:51 pm

Hopefully they announce public sales soon. I need to be on this cruise.
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:57 pm

I am booked even though its a meh line up for me
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, Booked Midship Deck 9 2020, Barge to hell -2012
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:33 pm

MetalMatt wrote:Hopefully they announce public sales soon. I need to be on this cruise.

The 70K team were all at Heavy Montreal over the weekend so I imagine that kept them pretty busy.

You would think that from that promotional activity it would have generated a certain degree of interest from the general public (cuz, that is the point of promotional activity :P ).

So I reckon that they will open up public sales this week or next.

70K at Heavy MTL: "OMGZ you haz to attend our cruise! Its Amazeballs!"
    Heavy MTL attendee: "OMGZ! It DOES sound Amazeballs! When can I buy all the tickets!!!???!!!!"
    70K at Heavy MTL: *shrugs*
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
  • MetalMatt
    Oiler

by MetalMatt » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:03 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    MetalMatt wrote:Hopefully they announce public sales soon. I need to be on this cruise.

The 70K team were all at Heavy Montreal over the weekend so I imagine that kept them pretty busy.

You would think that from that promotional activity it would have generated a certain degree of interest from the general public (cuz, that is the point of promotional activity :P ).

So I reckon that they will open up public sales this week or next.

70K at Heavy MTL: "OMGZ you haz to attend our cruise! Its Amazeballs!"
    Heavy MTL attendee: "OMGZ! It DOES sound Amazeballs! When can I buy all the tickets!!!???!!!!"

lol, lets hope its sooner than later. Its a really good lineup and as you know, it will be my first experience on the cruise. Keen to get onboard.
    Masterbas
    Petty Officer

by Masterbas » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:54 am

I saw the 70k Ballons, I saw a lot of ppl with 70k shirts, even some new friends that went before were there. But I couldn't find any stand or guy with 70k stuff that was actually from the organisation. I would have bugged the hell out of them to get the public sale opened lol. The way is killing me, and seeing 70k shirts everywhere doesn't help at all. I wanted to grab one of those crowd balls for myself yesterday.

:boobs:
    2017 - Cabin 9580
    2018 - Cabin 9611
    2019 - Cabin 9675
    2020 - Cabin 8233

3.Inches.of.Blood.(wishfull.thinking.I.know)-/-Aeternam-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-An.Abstract.Illusion-/-At.Dawn's.Edge-/-Augury-/-Battlecross-/-Before.The.Dawn-/-Be'lakor-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Blackguard-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Cruachan-/-Dark.Lunacy-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Die.Apokalyptischen.Reiter-/-Distoriam-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dreamtale-/-Eluveitie-/-Ensiferum-/-Epica-/-Emperor-/-Equilibrium-/-Euphoreon-/-Evocation-/-Excalion-/-Exmortus-/-Ex.Deo-/-Finntroll-/-Ghost.Ship.Octavius-/-Gloryhammer-/-Gojira-/-Grailknights-/-Gyze-/-Hammerfall-/-Hands.of.Despair-/-Heidevolk-/-Helsott-/-Hollow-/-Insomnium-/-Insurrection-/-In.Vain-/-Kalmah-/-Kataklysm-/-Korpiklaani-/-Manegarm-/-Mayan-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Mors.Principium.Est-/-Naglfar-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Nekrogoblikon-/-Night.Demon-/-Nightwish-/-Novembers.Doom-/-Omnium.Gatherum-/-Orphaned.Land-/-Persefone-/-Powerglove-/-Powerwolf-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Sabaton-/-Sacrificed.Alliance-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Sanguine.Glacialis-/-Scar.Symmetry-/-Serenity-/-Shade.Empire-/-Shape.the.Above-/-Shylmagoghnar-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Spacemak3r-/-Starkill-/-Steel.Panther-/-Steignyr-/-Stratovarius-/-Striker-/-Svartsot-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-Tenacious.D-/-Terasbetoni-/-The.Agonist-/-The.Black.Dahlia.Murder-/-Therion-/-Tristania-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Van.Canto-/-Varg-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Wilderun-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfheart-/-Zonata

Red- Out for being on-board last year
    Green- It's ON
    Cyan- Most Wanted
    MikeB
    Petty Officer

by MikeB » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:55 am

Masterbas wrote:I saw the 70k Ballons, I saw a lot of ppl with 70k shirts, even some new friends that went before were there. But I couldn't find any stand or guy with 70k stuff that was actually from the organisation. I would have bugged the hell out of them to get the public sale opened lol. The way is killing me, and seeing 70k shirts everywhere doesn't help at all. I wanted to grab one of those crowd balls for myself yesterday.

:boobs:

We talked with Andy for a solid 15 minutes. He was in the VIP section, but jumped over the fence to come talk to us. He is nice, and use the word "sooooon" a lot.
    2015: Cabin 9527
    2016: Cabin 9219
    2017: Cabin 9675
    2018: Cabin 8215
    2019: Cabin 7449
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:17 am

cowboy71 wrote:70K at Heavy MTL: "OMGZ you haz to attend our cruise! Its Amazeballs!"

-------->--------->----------> ^^^^^^^

You misspelled "SOOOOOON." :lol:

Masterbas wrote:We talked with Andy for a solid 15 minutes. He was in the VIP section, but jumped over the fence to come talk to us. He is nice, and use the word "sooooon" a lot.

....and there ya go. :lol:
    2020 Wishlist:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:19 pm

This is what is left available for single travellers.

Male
    Interior M Double
    Interior L Double
    Ocean View H Double
    Ocean View G Quad

Female
    Ocean View H Double
    Ocean View G Quad
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    AceHugger
    Petty Officer

by AceHugger » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:18 am

Hey there, I wonder if anyone can assist. I'm a non survivor this far, my GF and I are coming in 2017 though.

We're looking to book asap as soon as I can jiggle some funds around (so this week hopefully) and I was just wondering what's the difference between superior balcony D2 or D3? There's a price difference but aside from the deck level there seems to be nothing different in the room size or layout (maybe I'm not seeing it).
    If it is the deck level can someone explain why this is? Having never been on a cruise I have no clue.
    That's all - for now.
    2017 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
    2018 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
    Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer

by Hoppy McGee » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:30 am

AceHugger wrote:Hey there, I wonder if anyone can assist. I'm a non survivor this far, my GF and I are coming in 2017 though.

We're looking to book asap as soon as I can jiggle some funds around (so this week hopefully) and I was just wondering what's the difference between superior balcony D2 or D3? There's a price difference but aside from the deck level there seems to be nothing different in the room size or layout (maybe I'm not seeing it).
    If it is the deck level can someone explain why this is? Having never been on a cruise I have no clue.
    That's all - for now.

The only difference is that generally the cabins get more expensive the higher up you get. Cabins on deck 9 and 10 are closest to the pool deck, windjammer buffet, and fitness/spa areas. Other than that the cabins are identical. My advice is to book whatever is cheapest. You won't be spending much time in your cabin anyways.

And one more piece of advice I would give is to book your cabin immediately at 3pm eastern time on Tuesday. If you wait until later in the week you may find that the cabin you were looking at is sold out already.
    70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
    MY.LITTLE.WISHLIST_____**CAPS=MOST.WANTED**
    /-3.Inches.of.Blood.(Reunion)-/1914-/-ABBATH-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-Abysmal.Dawn-/-Aether.Realm-/-Alkaloid-/-ALLEGAEON-/-Anciients-/-AMON.AMARTH-/-Amorphis-/-ARCHSPIRE-/-Armored.Saint-/-Ash.Borer-/Asphyx-/-At.the.Gates-/-AUTOPSY-/-Barren.Earth-/-Battlelore-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Benighted-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Earth-/-Black.Fast-/-Blood.Incantation-/-Bloodhunter-/-Bolt.Thrower,(wishful.thinking)-/-Bölzer-/-Borknagar-/-Brymir-/-Cancer-/-Cannabis.Corpse-/-CARCASS-/-CATTLE.DECAPITATION-/-Cloak-/-Coffins-/-Cormorant-/Corrosion.of.Conformity-/-Craven.Idol-/-Crypt.Sermon-/-Critical.Mess-/-Cut.Up-/-Dark.Angel-/-DARK.FORTRESS-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-DAWN.OF.DISEASE-/-Daylight.Dies-/-Dead.Congregation-/-Damnation.Defaced-/-Death.Angel-/-Decapitated-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Demonical-/-Demons.and.Wizards-/-Desaster-/-Deserted.Fear-/-DESTROYER.666-/-Desultory.(more.wishful.thinking)/-DISMEMBER.(wishful.thinking.that's.actually.possible.now!!!)-/-Draconian-/-Drakwald-/-Dying.Fetus-/-Dyscarnate-/-Emperor-/-Enforcer-/-Entombed-/-Entrails-/-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-/-Feral-/-FINNTROLL-/-Firespawn-/-Flotsam.&.Jetsam-/-GHOUL-/-Goatwhore-/-GOJIRA-/-Gorguts-/-Gorod-/-Grand.Magus-/-Grave-/-Grave.Miasma-/-Graveworm-/-Gruesome-/-Gutter.Instinct-/-Hallatar-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Hate.Eternal-/-Hatesphere-/-Hath-/-Haunt-/-Hellbringer-/-High.on.Fire-/-Hooded.Menace-/-HORRENDOUS-/-Horrified-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Ihsahn-/-Immolation-/-Inanimate.Existence-/-Insomnium-/-Jungle.Rot-/-Kadaver-/-Kaoteon-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Khemmis-/-King.Goat-/-King.of.Asgard-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-LEGION.OF.THE.DAMNED-/-LIK-/-Lucifer's.Child-/-Magic.Circle-/-Magoth-/-Mammoth.Grinder-/-Master-/-Mastodon-/-MGLA-/-Miasmal-/-MIDNIGHT-/-MISERY.INDEX-/-Moonspell-/-Morta.Skuld-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Necrophobic-/-Necrot-/-Nuclear.Assault-/-Okkultist-/-Orange.Goblin-/-Ossuarium-/-Outre.Tomb-/-Phlebotomized-/-Power.Trip-/-Powerwolf-/-PRIMORDIAL-/-Profanal-/-Protector-/-Psycroptic-/-Replacaire-/-Revocation-/-Ripper-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Ruby.the.Hatchet-/-Sacred.Monster-/-Sacrifice-/-SATAN-/-Satyricon-/-Skálmöld-/-Skeletal.Remains-/-SOEN-/-Suffocation-/-Sulphur-/-SULPHUR.AEON-/-Taake-/-TANKARD-/-Tau.Cross-/-Temple.of.Void-/-Terrorizer-/-Testament-/-The.Crown-/-The.Lurking.Fear-/-The.Wretched.End-/-THULCANDRA-/-Thyrfing-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tribulation-/-Uada-/-Unleashed-/-VADER-/-Vampire-/-Vanum-/-Vektor-/-Venom.Inc.-/-Vesperia-/-Vredehammer-/-Watain-/-Xentrix/{white=booked}/{red=ruled.out}
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:50 pm

Hoppy McGee wrote:
    AceHugger wrote:Hey there, I wonder if anyone can assist. I'm a non survivor this far, my GF and I are coming in 2017 though.

That's all - for now.

The only difference is that generally the cabins get more expensive the higher up you get. Cabins on deck 9 and 10 are closest to the pool deck, windjammer buffet, and fitness/spa areas. Other than that the cabins are identical. My advice is to book whatever is cheapest. You won't be spending much time in your cabin anyways.

Yep. It's a "cruise-line thing" to charge more for higher staterooms. It's important (I guess) to regular cruise customers but pretty much immaterial to us.

And one more piece of advice I would give is to book your cabin immediately at 3pm eastern time on Tuesday. If you wait until later in the week you may find that the cabin you were looking at is sold out already.

Absolutely. Make the request right at 3 pm. You won't need the funds right away anyway since you have to await your cabin confirmation from them...and even then, if you're paying in full by bank-wire you can take a bit of time to get things together. (Also, you can deduct the bank-wire fee from the amount you send to UMC; they are willing to "eat" the fee, which is about $45.)
    2020 Wishlist:
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:48 pm

So do we have any sense of how well this is selling compared to last year?
    ***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine
    AceHugger
    Petty Officer

by AceHugger » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:46 pm

Pellaz wrote:Absolutely. Make the request right at 3 pm. You won't need the funds right away anyway since you have to await your cabin confirmation from them...and even then, if you're paying in full by bank-wire you can take a bit of time to get things together. (Also, you can deduct the bank-wire fee from the amount you send to UMC; they are willing to "eat" the fee, which is about $45.)

Hey there, Thanks so much for the information, - my Girlfriend & I have set our hearts on this now and getting a superior balcony room and I was waiting for a special 0% interest offer credit card to come through so that I could charge it to that and we can chip away at the balance (with no fees) for a few months. Bank advised me today there's been a 'delay' in processing the card!

F@%$!!!!!!!

So - and this is really important - If I book tomorrow night (UK time at 9PM (3PM EDT)) then they won't be expecting me to put $3,000 on my credit card then and there? at booking?????
    I am petrified of missing out now & we are 100% committed i's just going to take me a week to get the funds sorted to pay the lot (this getting the %5 discount).

If you are sure that I can book tomorrow & pay later in the week - (or whenever, just not tomorrow) then there will be nothing on earth stopping me from booking this immediately.

Please, - somebody help me out here?

:shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred:
    2017 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
    2018 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:49 pm

Even though you don't have to make the payment at the time of booking they do expect you to pay within 48 hours of receiving your confirmation which could take hours to days to get.

AceHugger wrote:
    Pellaz wrote:Absolutely. Make the request right at 3 pm. You won't need the funds right away anyway since you have to await your cabin confirmation from them...and even then, if you're paying in full by bank-wire you can take a bit of time to get things together. (Also, you can deduct the bank-wire fee from the amount you send to UMC; they are willing to "eat" the fee, which is about $45.)

Hey there, Thanks so much for the information, - my Girlfriend & I have set our hearts on this now and getting a superior balcony room and I was waiting for a special 0% interest offer credit card to come through so that I could charge it to that and we can chip away at the balance (with no fees) for a few months. Bank advised me today there's been a 'delay' in processing the card!

F@%$!!!!!!!

So - and this is really important - If I book tomorrow night (UK time at 9PM (3PM EDT)) then they won't be expecting me to put $3,000 on my credit card then and there? at booking?????
    I am petrified of missing out now & we are 100% committed i's just going to take me a week to get the funds sorted to pay the lot (this getting the %5 discount).

If you are sure that I can book tomorrow & pay later in the week - (or whenever, just not tomorrow) then there will be nothing on earth stopping me from booking this immediately.

:shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred:
    2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - It has been a blast and I will miss everyone but it is a big NOPE for me!
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:51 pm

AceHugger wrote:

Yeah you're good. It usually takes them a day or two to process, and you won't need to pay immediately. 70k is VERY understanding of people and needing an extra day or two to pay is usually fine. If you're worried, give them a call.
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-November's.Doom-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-

Save these guys for 2021, Andy.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:53 pm

AceHugger wrote:

F@%$!!!!!!!

Absolutely - you won't be pressured to pay "on the spot" at all.

What you do tomorrow will be a booking REQUEST, and REQUEST only. Then it will take 70K a while (maybe a day or two) to go through all the requests. Once they get to yours, you will be sent a booking confirmation and payment advice.

So I imagine you wouldn't be needing to make your payment until probably Friday.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:58 pm

General Zod wrote:So do we have any sense of how well this is selling compared to last year?

DEFINITELY quicker.

We are already at sold out categories representing 50% of total availability.

It was almost one month AFTER public sales started that we reached that point for the 2016 cruise.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist