Post Reply 7 posts Page 1 of 1
new veteran question
    spooky
    Petty Officer

new veteran question

by spooky » Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:51 pm

okay, this is my second year onbroad. since i am now eligible for semi-early booking, do i have to have 4 passengers lined up for a quad? i have one definite, but we are afraid that we will have to pay full price even though we want roommates. how does this work? any answers would be greatly appreciated. thanks! ;-)
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: BOOKED!
    mooyagi
    Captain

Re: new veteran question

by mooyagi » Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:24 pm

You don't need to know your passenger info yet, but you will have to pay for the entire cabin. So if you book a quad, you must pay for all four spots right away, even if you don't have all the cabinmates lined up. You can add extra passenger info later.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    spooky
    Petty Officer

by spooky » Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:54 pm

so, i will essentially pay for an entire cabin for myself in the first payment? does UMC help you find passengers to fill, or are you on your own?
    ExtraneouS
    Petty Officer

by ExtraneouS » Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:03 pm

You're pretty much on your own, but there is the "Recrute a Cabinmate" forum that you can use to find roommates.
    Wishlist
    Æther-Realm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amaon-Amarth-/-Amaranthe-/-Amorphis-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Annihilator-/-Arch-Enemy-/-Arkona-/-Asenblut-/-Avantasia-/-Avartarium-/-Axxis-/-Babymetal-/-Battlecross-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Be'lakor-/-Blind-Guardian-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodbound-/-Brendon-Small-/-Brymir-/-Cain's-Offering-/-Carach-Angren-/-Cattle-Decapitation-/-Children-Of-Bodom-/-Chthonic-/-Crimson-Shadows-/-Dalriada-/-Derdian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dying-Fetus-/-Edguy-/-Eluveitie-/-Ensiferum-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-Evil-Scarecrow-/-Ex-Deo-/-Fairyland-/-Falconer-/-Fallujah-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Galneryus-/-Ghost-B.C.-/-Gloryhammer-/-Goatwhore-/-God-Dethroned-/-Gojira-/-Haggard-/-Hammerfall-/-Iron-Savior-/-Kalmah-/-Kamelot-/-Lagerstein-/-Moonsorrow-/-Mors-Principium-Est-/-Nanowar-Of-Steel-/-Nightwish-/-Omnium-Gatherum-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Powerwolf-/-Rumahoy-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio-Mortis-/-Serenity-/-Skálmöld-/-Skyfire-/-Solar-Fragment-/-Steel-Panther-/-Swashbuckle-/-Symphony-X-/-The-Dread-Crew-Of-Oddwood-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Twilight-Force-/-Týr-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Valhalore-/-Van-Canto-/-Visigoth-/-Wintersun-/-Ye-Banished-Privateers
    70k2015 Survivor - 2328
    70k2016 Survivor - 7511
    70k2017 Survivor - 6523
    70k2019 - 3336
    spooky
    Petty Officer

by spooky » Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:05 pm

right on. thanks for all of your help. deeply appreciated. see you all onbroad! cheers! :cheers:
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:11 pm

Okay some basics ,you only get the discount in everyone in your cabin pays in full.That would be a 10% discount for the sliver level.If just one passenger makes 4 payments then you only get a 5% discount (everybody even paid in full).Booking a private cabin saves you $100 each but somebody has to be lead passenger..I would book a double and then tell them you might be going to a triple or quad,Just don't hope somebody will fill the ther 2 spots.Remember the passenger charge isn't discounted either and everybody has to pay that also.Don't over reach for the discount ,if you are trying to lock in the lowest priced category ,make sure you can fill it.Going to a different category later loses some discounts and there are charges involved.
    My wishlist 2019 A band just one band before Christmas!
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    spooky
    Petty Officer

by spooky » Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:00 pm

good to know. thank you! ;)